April 28, 2024, 12:24:07 PM

Author Topic: WC Tickets and public transport  (Read 4586 times)

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
WC Tickets and public transport
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »
Question: The tickets have printed on them "includes free use of all local public transport on match day within the WVV, VRN, RNN, VGS, VRT, VRM"

Does anyone know exactly what this means?. Is this free travel troughout Germany including from city to city OR only travel within the city?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: WC Tickets and public transport
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 01:51:44 PM »
It means travel within the metro area only. Those are initials for the local transport in a particular city. (VRR is Dortmund, VGN in Nuremberg and WVV is Kaiserslautern) <- click the city name for links to transit maps.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 08:37:22 PM »
Hey E-man or Themanfriday or anybody else that can answer this.  I have a question about the train system in Germany.  I plan to travel around with a rail pass but I'd like to know if I should try to reserve seats on the trains in advance?  Do most people make reservations or just show up at the station?  I would imagine the trains would be very full especially on match days for example Frankfurt to Nuremberg on the 15th.
I'm not really concerned about getting a seat since I don't mind standing up but I'm just worried about getting on the train.  Is it possible for a train to be so full that they stop letting people on?  I am flying in from a side trip the day of the 15th and there are only a few trains that can get me into Nuremberg in time for the match so I want to make sure I'm on one of them.  Please let me know what you think.  Tanks.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 09:37:43 PM »
Hey E-man or Themanfriday or anybody else that can answer this.  I have a question about the train system in Germany.  I plan to travel around with a rail pass but I'd like to know if I should try to reserve seats on the trains in advance?  Do most people make reservations or just show up at the station?  I would imagine the trains would be very full especially on match days for example Frankfurt to Nuremberg on the 15th.
I'm not really concerned about getting a seat since I don't mind standing up but I'm just worried about getting on the train.  Is it possible for a train to be so full that they stop letting people on?  I am flying in from a side trip the day of the 15th and there are only a few trains that can get me into Nuremberg in time for the match so I want to make sure I'm on one of them.  Please let me know what you think.  Tanks.

on this site.. http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fares_schedules/index.htm the reservation is $11..i think it worth it..yuh ent want to be standing in a train going 150mph sometimes for 2 hours or so lol
how many games u goign to btw?..if is just the England game..it might be even cheaper for you to fly down there...also it have 'State' tickets for bout $25US, which could carry up to a 5 people on the same ticket for the whole day..but i sure frankfurt and nuremberg in different states anyway
but check e-man and friday, they go know more obviously
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »
feliz, could u give airline info if you have it or even rail info, how late dem train does run?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 06:45:38 PM »
feliz, could u give airline info if you have it or even rail info, how late dem train does run?
what kinda info u need?..wait nah..yuh ent have a flight book yet?lol
list the questions and ill post the appropriate links i have  :)
it look to me that them train running 24 hours or at least 20 a day.

Arrow..you shoulb book direct from the DB site..everything much cheaper too..the reservations cost bout $3US.
also pay the extra and book 1st class..2nd class is be too crowded and people is be sleeping on floor and thing yes..according to Ricky.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 06:48:04 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 09:12:03 PM »

also pay the extra and book 1st class..2nd class is be too crowded and people is be sleeping on floor and thing yes..according to Ricky.

true dat, my experience anyway.  Ah take d trains in Sweden, Austria and Norway and thing was packed, ppl sleepin on floor and thing, man cant even pass.  ah kick one man in he ribs to pass and cuss he when he look at me.  and when ah tell yuh is STINK backpackers
That just me, I sure other people who been on d trains go say 2nd fine, but not me and second class again

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:16 PM »
How far is the ride from Frankfurt to Kaiserslautern?
Is it just 1-train?
Does anyone also know how far is Mannheim(where the team will stay) is from Kaiserslautern?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 02:43:37 PM »
How far is the ride from Frankfurt to Kaiserslautern?
Is it just 1-train?
Does anyone also know how far is Mannheim(where the team will stay) is from Kaiserslautern?

Frankfurt to K'lautern is about 1.5 - 2 hours by train. Depending on which you get you may have to transfer once (probably in Mannheim)

Mannheim is just east of K'lautern, a little under an hour away.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 02:47:04 PM »
Trinibago Mannheim is about 60miles from Frankfurt and 80 miles fron ktown.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 02:52:39 PM »
-Karl Kraus

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:30 AM »
Guys ....roundtrip from Franfurt to Mannheim for 2-ppl is $74. Is it worth it buying tickets ahead of time. Si ther a cost differece? What is the price if I buy it when I get there?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 08:11:59 AM »
I suggest you buy you rail tickets aleast three days before traveling. You can get big discounts that way. reverse you seat or you may be standing.
-Karl Kraus

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »
eman and Therman Friday......What is your take on this?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »
eman and Therman Friday......What is your take on this?

Been a while since I really used the trains. I usually drive when I'm there, so this isn't a definitive answer, but considering you are traveling when demand will be high reserving a seat is probably a good idea. I've never had a problem getting a seat without a reservation, but that was usually off peak times.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
Yuh NOt drivin when yuh go this time right!!...it go be mas over dey !

I am decideing if I should get hte 4day-twin pass or just a return pass from Fakst to Mannheim
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »

true dat, my experience anyway.  Ah take d trains in Sweden, Austria and Norway and thing was packed, ppl sleepin on floor and thing, man cant even pass.  ah kick one man in he ribs to pass and cuss he when he look at me.  and when ah tell yuh is STINK backpackers
That just me, I sure other people who been on d trains go say 2nd fine, but not me and second class again

Will be based in Frankfurt, travelling to the first two games by myself and the third with my female companion, what is my best bet. 

1]; } ?>