April 19, 2024, 02:51:31 PM

Author Topic: I am doing a study, I need T&T's help  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
I am doing a study, I need T&T's help
« on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:28 AM »
Hi guys..

Hope you didn't forget me already! I told you Im staying right!  ;D
I have a question to ask T&T please!
The Bahraini football scene is very messy now after you guys won the last match. Small problems are coming out, people want to change. Clubs demand a better association. Players demand better pitches. etc etc...

I think this is all good. In business, the stages to a performing team are:
Forming; Storming; Norming; Performing

I am glad Bahrain is Storming now. I hope after the dust settles down we will have a better football team and a better organisation like you guys.

I would like to know, after you were unsuccessfull last time in getting into WC, how was the reaction and what changes happened?
Did the rules or laws change?
Did players change?
What is different between T&T89 & TNT 2006?

Thanks in advance to everyone who will take time to answer.

BTW, I am fully supporting you as promised in WC. I hope you do well.

And pleeeease beat the English! I don't want a draw, I want you to WIN! I studied in scotland so I really want to see you beat them!  ;D They deserve it.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: I am doing a study, I need T&T's help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 06:40:47 AM »
If you guys post 05 experience is anything like ours in 89 I do not envy you.

The reaction to 89 was not positive. Instead of considering football reasons why we failed or why we were successful enough to come so close, we focused on all the other things that went wrong.

One of the worst things that happened is that we had no sustainable programs.

Two years before every world cup we would fire a coach, hire a coach start a programme and try to capture the euphoria of the 89 campaign. WC qualification was like a quick fix for the football woes. And as soon as it was over we would fire a coach, hire a coach and let the program lie fallow for another two or three years.

For me the difference between 89 and 06 is an extra half-place, a fortuitous hex, an even more fortuitous playoff opponent, an excellent coach and players giving everything because they realize this was the last chance saloon. There is no guarantee that circumstances will line up like this for us again but we are trying to get our football house in order.

Bahrain needs to look at 05, their best ever performance as a success, not a failure.

Look at the things that got you there and build on it. That means coaches, players (who have valuable experience now), infrastructure. Don't be hasty to mash down everything and start over unless it was definitley holding you back.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:59:51 AM »
words cant explain my bharain brother.......right now we just want to really enjoy the moment....god bless........tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

LAWRENCE

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:48:32 AM »
It's about keeping a winning formula together for a long period of time, TnT Football has never done that to my knowledge (after WC they not going to renew Beenie's contract). The difference for us in this campaign was definitely the coach... Bharain has the financial resources to hire and keep a good national team coach for atleast 8 yrs, and I think that's what should be done... get a high profiled coach and sign him to a 5 year contract.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 11:45:33 AM »

The reaction to 89 was not positive. Instead of considering football reasons why we failed or why we were successful enough to come so close, we focused on all the other things that went wrong.

Two years before every world cup we would fire a coach, hire a coach start a programme and try to capture the euphoria of the 89 campaign. WC qualification was like a quick fix for the football woes. And as soon as it was over we would fire a coach, hire a coach and let the program lie fallow for another two or three years.

For me the difference between 89 and 06 is an extra half-place, a fortuitous hex, an even more fortuitous playoff opponent, an excellent coach and players giving everything because they realize this was the last chance saloon. There is no guarantee that circumstances will line up like this for us again but we are trying to get our football house in order.

Bahrain needs to look at 05, their best ever performance as a success, not a failure.

Look at the things that got you there and build on it. That means coaches, players (who have valuable experience now), infrastructure. Don't be hasty to mash down everything and start over unless it was definitley holding you back.

:applause:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
hey redbelt

long time no see

but yeah yuh in fuh ah ride

and allyuh grounds not too bad

but jah doh sleep.

if allyuh didnt do shyt like not give we balls, give we proper seats in de stadium, not have a commentator talking whole game and played fair football.

maybe jah woulda be in our favor and gave us a fair game. but he was on our side cause he doh sleep.

emphasis on fair play and everything else comes into place in due time
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 12:57:12 PM »
Welcome back Red Belt.

I was to young to remember anything about 89 but i could tell you a little about 05. Making the World Cup was a big achievement for Trinidad and Tobago football team and up to this date we still living the excitment of being on the verge of making our world cup debuts and giving the world a taste of our culture. I would say the difference between 89 and 05 is that in 89 i think we was not ready and we celebrated to early.I think that you should look at 05 as an experience and learn from your mistakes and try to overcome them for the next world cup qualification. I read a while ago that you all fired your coach. I ain't know much about Bahrain football but i know that your team is young and if you all build a good system and bring in a good coach making the world cup can be achievable. I think our players are all grasping the excitement of representing there country at the World Cup and they can't wait to play at the big stage. Anyway thanks for the support RedBelt.... Best of luck..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »

Excellent JDB, I echo these sentiments...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »
Sorry man!  If you know we Trinis, we win now and we have no memory of 1989; only that we didn't make it then!  In fact, we been trying so hard to forget!  Go TnT!!!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 05:13:19 AM »
Thanks to everyone who replyed, your comments are much appreciated.
JDB gave us a very decent argument, thank you for that.

I am looking at how other leagues developed like Japan, USA and of course T&T. I am writing a study to be published in Alayam newspaper, inshallah.

Our football is 50 years old next year, but it was always treated as a hobby with no ambition of world status. That just started in this centuary which makes my team young and in-experienced.

Thanks Trinis, I will be watching all your games. Make me proud.

1]; } ?>