April 29, 2024, 05:30:11 AM

Author Topic: Need e-mail addresses for a Warrior Nation database  (Read 4161 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Need e-mail addresses for a Warrior Nation database
« on: April 23, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »
We are putting together an e-mail database of people who we would like to target as prospective Warrior Nation members.

This list will also be used to show off our promotions and benefits (eg.Tickets) to entice new members.
So can you please contribute  and send a list of your address book contacts who you think might be interested in T&T football to membership@TheWarriorNation.com

This is not going to be used for "SPAM" nor will be shared with our sponsors.

Thanks for your assistance
Feliz
SWSC Secretary
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 09:40:43 AM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Need e-mail addresses for a database
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »
What is SPAM though? If someone gave my e-mail address to a 3rd party (WN or whoever) without telling me and I suddenly get an e-mail from the 3rd party I would consider it SPAM whether I was interested or not.

I would prefer if there was a way to tag any e-mails with the submitting person, so when you send something out it says. "Your friend, [so and so], thought you might like to know..."

BTW does the recommend page allow you to enter more than one e-mail at a time?

edit: I just tried it using comas to separate e-mail addresses and it gave an error.

edit2: maybe we can come up with a snazzier html notification, too. Right now all you get is:

Hello!

e-man (e-man@tntingermany.com) invites you to visit Soca Warriors Supporters Club
Go to: http://www.thewarriornation.com

e-man tells you:
test
---------------------------------------------
Mrecommend Mambo Component (http://www.black-sheep-research.co.uk)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 09:59:10 AM by e-man »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »
What is SPAM though? If someone gave my e-mail address to a 3rd party (WN or whoever) without telling me and I suddenly get an e-mail from the 3rd party I would consider it SPAM whether I was interested or not.

I would prefer if there was a way to tag any e-mails with the submitting person, so when you send something out it says. "Your friend, [so and so], thought you might like to know..."

edit: I just tried it using comas to separate e-mail addresses and it gave an error.

edit2: maybe we can come up with a snazzier html notification, too. Right now all you get is:

Hello!

e-man (e-man@tntingermany.com) invites you to visit Soca Warriors Supporters Club

e-man tells you:
test

yes I will work on this with Tallman concerning the reponse messageand also adding allowing commas and semi colons to be used in order to mail to multiple contacts

whatever addresses i collect, i will send an 'opt-in' email first to introduce ourselves.

btw you was trying to Spam too or what? ;D
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:27:56 AM »

yeah, i will have to check with the people on my contact list
buh you know I HAVE been sending out emails to ALL on my list who I believe would be interested ever since BEFORE the Iceland Game.
some responses are hilarious...when i asked one fella if the Soca Warriors could count on his support for the Iceland game, he answered back "how much you talkin bout?"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yuh ent tell him enough for at least 3 case ah Carib or Stag?  ;)
Feliz

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Need e-mail addresses for a Warrior Nation database
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:59:14 AM »

You'll could also draft up an email and post it here somewhere.

Then let people fill in the blanks or something and forward to their contact list.

I rather do that than send my contact list.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 12:26:20 PM »

Hello!

e-man tells you:
test

I agree..thats why you need to tag the date/time and IP  stamp... so when MR. Spam offica comes knocking you have proof that person X on such IP on such date asked to be contacted. Anything else can be considered spam. PLUS.. Most email services will also require that you get confirmation from people after they enter their email address to show double registration. Since anyone can go to a form and enter an email address to be contacted.

Jus watch allyuh back with the whole email issue.

EDIT: I forgot to mention.. remember that most emails that are classified as spam now is done so through spam filters from the mail servers end. The cause of which is the keywords that you use in your message. Here is some info on the subject : http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt8/spamfilter_phrases.htm

Also, be VERY careful with @aol email addresses.. AOL easliy bawl SPAM...and the quick to contact your webhost. They have a ranking system that is a pain to fight.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 12:43:29 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »

Then let people fill in the blanks or something and forward to their contact list.

sounds like a good idea
you want to do it, if you have time that is, so i can concentrate on other things?
send me a draft and ill add it to the first message in this thread
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 12:44:17 PM »

Hello!

e-man tells you:
test

I agree..thats why you need to tag the date/time and IP  stamp... so when MR. Spam offica comes knocking you have proof that person X on such IP on such date asked to be contacted. Anything else can be considered spam. PLUS.. Most email services will also require that you get confirmation from people after they enter their email address to show double registration. Since anyone can go to a form and enter an email address to be contacted.

Jus watch allyuh back with the whole email issue.

Thanks for the tips  :)
this probably going to be a project to be completed in the long term, therefore we should have time to plan it right
Feliz

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »
yeah the eman idea is a brilliant one...ti could have the bbc "email story to a friend " format.

all the warrior nation would really have to concentrate on then is getting people to visit the "story" and getting people to "recommend" it to "friends" on their email lists.  With a recommendor's name and  email attached, nobody would get pissed off.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 01:15:04 PM »

sounds like a good idea
you want to do it, if you have time that is, so i can concentrate on other things?
send me a draft and ill add it to the first message in this thread

Ok. Will do.

WestCoast and anyone else.
Send me the emails you have forwarded to people.  I want to see what creative things you'll put in the email (and let me know which ones got the most favourable response...or what type of questions followed).
In the meantime I will draft up one with just text and a next one with the pics from the download area.
Send me any other ideas you'll have or things u think I should take into account.

dcs@socawarriors.every1.net
S.W.S.C.  PR II

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 01:17:04 PM »
The form letter that dcs suggested sounds good to me.

I will gladly use that once its drafted.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 07:54:39 PM »
Eh people [insert name] here,
How allyuh following the football team in Germany with all the bacchanal that will be going on?  I know most of allyuh doh know what going on so I passing on my research and recommendations.
Doh stick.

[You can use some other personal message appropriate for the type of group you sending to...co-workers...drinking pardners]

Trinidad & Tobago going to the World Cup in Germany in June so I letting you know about something all red blooded Trinbagonians and their friends should participate in.

The Warrior Nation
Check this
We advocate on behalf of the fans seeking out opportunities for discounts, organizing events and acquiring tickets for select games.

• The Warrior Nation was able to secure 135 tickets for T&T World Cup Group matches and 600 tickets for our upcoming May 10th encounter with Peru.   Various family day events and football games (all welcome: male, female, young and "experienced") have taken place in Trinidad, London and Toronto.  I myself have already benefitted from [/color][insert something here].
  • All our income goes straight back into the club and to our football related charities.  We recently raised funds to sponsor three young footballers affiliated with South based Petrotrin Football Club to attend a 3-day Inter-Milan Easter Football camp in Port of Spain.

So after we break our backs putting this thing in place Trinidad and Tobago now has a Soca Warriors Supporters Club (S.W.S.C.) a.k.a The Warrior Nation to keep everybody in the loop on all things related to our National Football Teams and give you the chance to support our country wherever on this earth you have found yourself.  The Warrior Nation is partnered with the largest and most popular Online Website and forum for the latest on ALL things T&T football  www.SocaWarriors.net
Even Ato Boldon is hooked on football and we convinced him to make a DVD, Boldon In Bahrain (we get discounts of course).

Becoming a member is a three step process.

1. Visit   www.TheWarriorNation.com   and register for an account  (this step is free and gives you the option to receive Club updates from our Club Secretary)
   2. After you have become familiar with who we are you can pay your membership dues either through Paypal or by contacting your Regional Representative.
   3. Receive you membership packet which includes a Warrior Nation t-shirt, bandana, welcome letter and membership card all designed by our Committee of Professional Graphics Artists.[/color]
(The part in red is the more important info so you can leave out the blue if you want)

[This extra part can be left out to shorten the email if need be]
This club was founded on the principle of doing things the right way given the past and current climate in our country including football.  The membership are particularly sensitive about this ideal and I would not have recommended it to you otherwise.  Even something like mass mailing members was a touchy issue so we decided each person would contact their friends individually.
Check us out and you will see for yourself.  It is a registered Non-Profit organization, independent of the TTFF, that is run entirely by volunteers like me.

My name is [Insert Name] aka [Insert forum name] and I am a Soca Warriorrrrrr. [insert some other catchy thing you want to put for effect]

S.W.S.C. member
[sign name]
P.S. If you'll have questions just contact me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 09:14:42 PM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »
OK I know it looking long but it is a first draft.

Let me get some feedback (too boring, too long, not personal enough, no pics)

I will do a simpler one too with just the flyers cuz they look damn good and will catch people eye.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 08:32:11 PM »
yeah I diggin the part in red mostly...are we going to get it up on the website and just have slots to fill in email addresses etc.  or should each of us, copy and paste from this link right here?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 08:33:48 PM »
We going World Cup in Germany in June so I letting you people in on something all red blooded Trinbagonians and their friends(peeps, familee, etc etc) should participate in.

The Warrior Nation
We advocate on behalf of the fans seeking out opportunities for discounts, organizing events and acquiring tickets for select games.

Check the flyer for all the details and then you can go to  www.TheWarriorNation.com
I get all my info from SocaWarriors.net to keep track of the football and vibes it up in the forum

I
[insert benefit or active involvement] (got tickets for, went to, planning on going their, did this, It was my idea to -insert lie here  ;D -)

There are a bunch of different flyers you can use that are in the download area
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 08:42:40 PM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »
yeah I diggin the part in red mostly...are we going to get it up on the website and just have slots to fill in email addresses etc.  or should each of us, copy and paste from this link right here?

For now it will be here for copy pasting until we get some different ones or update what we have.
After that it could go somewhere people can access easily.
As for form fillable...sounds like a good idea.  I will look into it and link you if I need help with anything.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 09:12:35 PM »
Ok I was told it was 3.
I loking for the thread where I got two from

I changed it to three.
Now delete your post   ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 09:15:45 PM by dcs »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 09:23:32 PM »
Thanks DCS  :)
Feliz

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 09:29:55 PM »
There was a post or email that gave the names of the youths.
So I imagining the link to Petro-trin too?

If anybody have the link send it cuz I can't find anything with petrotrin.
Maybe I should take that out too?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 09:43:20 PM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 04:09:42 PM »
If you looking for tickets to the Peru game check the Soca Warriors Supporters Club (the Warrior Nation)
Access to T&T tickets is one of the benefits.

Register(free) and log in to read the details about getting tickets.
S.W.S.C. website, The Warrior Nation http://www.TheWarriorNation.com/TT

Join later when you ready.  I done get my membership package.
If you have any questions email me.

[sign name]

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 04:38:23 PM by dcs »

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 04:39:30 PM »
Also, really simple: sign up sheets at WN events. Any lime, any sweat, any game where there's a WN presence there should be someone with some sign up sheets, or even just a notebook. Easy and effective.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 06:29:52 PM by sin »
-be the change you wish to see-

1]; } ?>