April 23, 2024, 08:02:22 AM

Author Topic: German city builds 'sex huts' for World Cup  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
German city builds 'sex huts' for World Cup
« on: June 08, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »
Reuters

BERLIN - A German city is rushing to install a series of drive-in wooden “sex huts” in time for next year’s soccer World Cup and an expected boom in the local sex trade, a city official said on Wednesday.

Dortmund, one of 12 cities to host World Cup matches, is anxious to keep prostitutes and their clients off the streets by providing them with discreet places to do business.

Experts estimate as many as 40,000 prostitutes may travel to Germany to offer their services to fans during the tournament.

“The World Cup has put us under added time pressure, as we don’t want a situation where prostitutes and their clients disturb residential areas,” the official said.

Not enough room
Prostitution is legal in Germany in designated areas.

“In Dortmund we have an official red light district on the outskirts, but there is a problem. There is not enough space for everyone to park.”

Dortmund plans to arrange the Dutch-designed huts, which have been introduced in the city of Cologne, another World Cup venue, in an area with condom machines and snack bar.

“Men have to get used to them of course, but a high percentage accept them because they can protect their anonymity,” the official said.

“That said there will always be those who want to go behind a bush, under a bridge or into the woods.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

El Socorro

Re: German city builds 'sex huts' for World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 02:16:56 PM »
Ticket done buy!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 02:27:41 PM »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 03:23:36 PM »
i dont think German women are worth paying for  :D

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 03:40:55 PM »
jes chop orf de head and everyting copestetic...... ;D

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 03:46:01 PM »
Ticket done buy!

El Socorro wha is da one boy.  Yuh make meh fall off meh chair with laugh. :D :D :D
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:59:30 PM »
so dat is why triniman tell meh he going germany even if canada and trinidad eh make it.

yuh going to wuk????

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 01:43:19 AM »
40,000 prostitutes? Whey...real waist go be throwing over dey.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah think this is for general discussion section ... Watch ya head fellas
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:02:49 PM »
                       Mega-brothel for soccer world cup

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10359229

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 11:51:15 PM »
me eh know bout alyuh eh, but me eh paying for no poocee in germany...ah sure nuff gyal after de games in de fetes would be passing thing free when dey head nice  ;D  be wise...condomise!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »
real woman go b limin, i ent lookin for postitute  ;D i cool

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 09:45:40 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »
haha insanity yes.

40,0000?

or gaaaaawd ah setta trini wood flyin left right and center.

yuh cyar have it run rampant so. 

:rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Watchdog wants Sweden out of World Cup over brothels
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »
Watchdog wants Sweden out of World Cup over brothels
By Stephen Brown

3 Apr 2006

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's sexual equality ombudsman demanded on Monday that his country's football team pull out of the World Cup in Germany in protest at extra brothels being set up to cope with demand from visiting football fans.

The idea got short shrift from Swedish Football Association president Lars-Ake Lagrell, who told Swedish Television such a move would "disappoint the nation" and probably get it knocked out of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa as well.

With a million foreign visitors heading to Germany for the month-long tournament starting on June 9, red light districts of the 12 host cities are braced for a huge influx.

"I'm a soccer fan myself but the point is that the World Cup in soccer is an opportunity for men to show our abhorrence of the trade in human beings," Equality Ombudsman Claes Borgstrom told national radio. "Other countries might follow our example."

European Union lawmakers have warned that thousands of women could be forced into prostitution by criminal gangs to cope with the increased demand during the World Cup.

Unlike Germany, where an estimated 400,000 prostitutes ply their trade legally, Sweden has introduced some of Europe's toughest laws against prostitution, targeting those buying sex rather than prostitutes themselves, who are treated as victims.

ALARMED POLITICIANS

Alarmed at news reports of giant brothels and wooden "sex huts" being built for the World Cup, Swedish politicians have taken up the cause, earning Lagrell the offer of a guided tour of a brothel from a group of German prostitutes, which he declined.

Justice Minister Thomas Bodstrom -- himself once a player in the top Swedish soccer league -- has called on Germany to simply "forbid buying sex" to prevent the exploitation of women.

Equality Minister Jens Orback told the U.N. in February that "hundreds of thousands of women are being recruited, transported and sold as slaves in Europe. The disturbing thing is that wonderful big sports events increase this slave trade".

Sweden faces England, Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago in the early stages of the tournament and Swedish fans have applied for a record number of World Cup tickets.

Lagrell promises no Swedish player will use brothels in the World Cup, but has resisted calls for high-profile players like Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Arsenal's Fredrik Ljungberg or Barcelona's Henrik Larsson to campaign against prostitution.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Breds going to Germany:Beware
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »
Monday, Apr 24, 2006   
Sex industry expecting big bonanza from summer's World Cup soccer

BERLIN (AP) - As soccer's best players prepare to square off this summer at the World Cup, businesses across Germany are anticipating a huge windfall with the arrival of an estimated one million fans from around the world.
The sex industry is no exception. Just down the street from Berlin's Olympic Stadium, site of the final, stands the city's largest brothel, Artemis - established in September with an eye on capitalizing on the influx of World Cup visitors.

The four-storey, 40-bedroom bordello, which cost the equivalent of $9.1 million Cdn, is decorated with liberal doses of faux animal prints and velvet on beds, walls and furniture amid an eclectic mix of Greek and Roman statuary under Moorish arches.

Among amenities are saunas, a pool and a solarium. There's also satellite television in case anyone bothers to watch the soccer matches being played at the stadium a few blocks away.

The establishment has been averaging 130 visitors a day, many from the nearby convention centre, and is planning to blitz the Olympic Stadium and Berlin hotels with leaflets during the World Cup.

Desktops: Free Upgrade this week

The stadium, built by the Nazis for the 1936 Olympics, will host six World Cup matches, including the July 9 final.

"We're thinking of staying open around the clock during the month," said brothel manager Egbert Krumeich. "I think we will have a lot more clients coming here, maybe 250 to 350 per day, but maybe as many as 500."

Helin, a 30-year-old Turkish woman who works at Artemis and gave only her working name, said she is toying with the idea of splitting her time between Berlin and Munich to earn as much as possible during the month-long tournament.

"With the World Cup there will be plenty of crazy people in Germany, but there will also be very good customers with a lot of money - the earning possibilities could go up 50 per cent at least," she said, shifting her yellow bath towel and tapping her pink flip-flops as she puffed a Marlboro ahead of her shift.

"But I think it will also be a lot of fun - I'll get to meet a lot of people from all around."

Prostitution is legal in Germany, with about 400,000 people registered in the trade; the women who work in Artemis pay taxes and receive social benefits like people in any other job. At Artemis, men pay almost $100 Cdn to get in, which goes to the brothel, and then pay about $80 directly to the women for their services for a half hour. The prostitutes pay a fee of about $68 a day for the use of the place and are allowed to live in the establishment if they want.

It's an innovative system that advocates say shields the women from pimps, and gives them the freedom to pick and choose their clients.

However, the anticipated World Cup sex-trade boom has also raised fears of an increase in forced prostitution with an estimated 40,000 women from poorer Eastern European countries expected to be heading to Germany, some against their will. Already, the European Union estimates more than 100,000 women in Europe each year are forced into prostitution.

"If the number of prostitutes goes up, the assumption is that on the fringes, the illegal forced prostitution will also go up," said Ulrike Helwerth of the National Council of German Women's Organizations.

Helwerth's group has started an information campaign against forced prostitution to coincide with the World Cup, endorsed by German Soccer Federation President Theo Zwanziger.

She said any large event - even the Frankfurt Book Fair - attracts prostitutes, but that the World Cup attracts so much international attention that it is a natural "hook" for her group's campaign.

"The World Cup is the platform because you can reach a much larger public, and also highlight that on the peripheries of such events there is a dark side," Helwerth said.

The group wants stronger controls against human trafficking and also hopes to reach prostitutes' customers with the message that if they suspect the woman they are with is not there voluntarily, they should report it to the police.

"We are not campaigning against prostitution, or prostitutes or against the clients of prostitutes - only against the traffickers of forced prostitutes," she said.

Berlin police spokeswoman Claudia Frank said her department plans raids to uncover forced prostitution rings during the World Cup.

Helin, one of Berlin's 8,000 registered prostitutes, said she has a different concern about the influx of newcomers - competition.

"Some of us have worked a long time at this job in Germany and if all the girls come here like they did in Greece for the Olympics, it will be bad," she said.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »
Ah waited mih whole life fuh this .  Ah wonder if mih mastercard could stand de jammin.  :devil: :beermug: :devil: :beermug: :devil: :beermug: :devil: :beermug:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Summer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 12:40:52 PM »
haven´t heard about these sex huts and i´m living in germany. but prostitution is legal here.

but i´d rather take care of my money if i came here during wc...

1]; } ?>