April 28, 2024, 04:58:33 PM

Author Topic: TV6 can no longer continue to deliver news clips for free, steups!!!  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TV6 news and sports - service change notification

The demand for TV6 News and Sports clips has escalated to the point we can no longer continue to deliver this service free. Over 30,000 people watch clips nightly. We are currently examining pay per view, and other options for those who wish to view all our TV News and Sports.
We will continue to publish news headlines and top story while we investigate.

If you are willing to pay US$2.99 a month for full access to news and sports plus all other TV specials please let us know at tjohnson@trinidadexpress.com

« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:09:50 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
It's all about money us $$$$$$ Bring back the ole TTT
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:10:02 PM by Tallman »

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
ye no one should pay so that it shows that it shouldnt all be about the money  ::) less hits ond the site the the clips may come back
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:10:15 PM by Tallman »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It's all about money us $$$$$$ Bring back the ole TTT

Yeah cause I'm sure the ole TTT would have brought us video news clips online for free
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:10:27 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TV6 news and sports - service change notification

The demand for TV6 News and Sports clips has escalated to the point we can no longer continue to deliver this service free. Over 30,000 people watch clips nightly. We are currently examining pay per view, and other options for those who wish to view all our TV News and Sports.
We will continue to publish news headlines and top story while we investigate.

If you are willing to pay US$2.99 a month for full access to news and sports plus all other TV specials please let us know at tjohnson@trinidadexpress.com

I think they're trying to offset the cost of bandwidth. But I personally think this is bull...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:10:38 PM by Tallman »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Bandwidth cost US$90,000 a month?
Anyone know what the operating cost for streaming video is?  I think another site hosting the streams.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:10:52 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah cause I'm sure the ole TTT would have brought us video news clips online for free

That is why they close down now.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:11:25 PM by Tallman »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
they want us to pay for those poor as shit quality streams?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:11:39 PM by Tallman »
Hart for president

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
typical...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:11:50 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
wha de f**k! is $2.99 per month allyuh bitching about paying.......steeeeeeeeeeeeupes.......maybe jes maybe if dey get enuff support dey may also include internet streaming of Socawarriors games....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:12:01 PM by Tallman »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: TV6 can no longer continue to deliver news clips for free, steups!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 12:09:17 PM »
$3 for one station is plenty.
Basic cable in the US is about $8 a month for about 25 stations with no buffering.

They should use that as their model.  They could join up with homeview to provide live streaming of their entire broadcast like Gayelle.
$5 a month for homeview is ah ok start but they need to expand what they offering for people to think is a value for money product.

Now if they bringing over football games that is a different story.  Throw in cricket too and they will get plenty subscribers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:12:15 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 07:33:11 PM »
Bandwidth cost US$90,000 a month?
Anyone know what the operating cost for streaming video is?  I think another site hosting the streams.

Our servers comes with a packaged amount of bandwidht,and we've never gone above the quota. So I have no idea how much it really costs. But I do know it's charged per Kb transferred. Regardless of who's site the stream originates, there is still the quotas to deal with.

Also bear in mind that they have to pay a programmer to update the site with content daily, plus edit and format the videos for streaming.

It's not like regular TV where they place ad spots to offset the costs :)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 07:56:11 PM »
Jumbie, since you know bout dem thing I go ask.

Pay a programmer to edit clip and ting?  That is easy wuk you could train anybody to do. Maybe pay a programmer to teach somebody the day to day stuff.  They do the video capture...edit it into small pieces and upload it to the server.  Whoever in charge of the website should be able to supervise some fresh out of high school intern.

And they cud put advertisements in the clips if they want...charge "web time" based on your costs and your verifiable hits per day.  I doh buy the story that it cost too much...they hadda be doing something wrong or they just taking advantage of the demand.  It have so much live streaming TV for free on the net for them to say is costs.

At the end of the day they should want their airings to be seen by as many as possible and if they start charging people will not even bother watch.  If they putting up live broadcasts then it better they go through homeview and take some of the profit but $3 for one station is too much.  I go write dem.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 07:04:05 PM »
Triniman gettin abuse right thru   :)

Yuh go let them just censor yuh so??

Triniman go and put back the steeeeeeeppsss   
lol   ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TV6 signs deal with Mediazone.com
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 08:08:27 PM »
TV6

TV6 today signed an agreement with Mediazone.com to distribute all TV6 content via high quality streaming pay per view. Available shortly will be noon, 7pm and 10pm news as well as Carnival and other events. The news will be available live and archived.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:22:42 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TV6 signs deal with Mediazone.com
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 05:53:19 AM »
TV6 today signed an agreement with Mediazone.com to distribute all TV6 content via high quality streaming pay per view. Available shortly will be noon, 7pm and 10pm news as well as Carnival and other events. The news will be available live and archived.
So Tallman what will be the deal now?who we have to sign with to get our news and views from home.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TV6 signs deal with Mediazone.com
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 08:24:59 AM »
So Tallman what will be the deal now?who we have to sign with to get our news and views from home.
De details including de launch date fuh de service as not been announced as yet.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 08:34:25 AM »
i don't think the price is bad but i ent paying that just for news...more sports will be much better.
also why did they have to copyright their Trinidad Express website?...i just tried to copy and paste a web address and i couldn't...so i had to go retype the whole f**king thing.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 08:46:09 AM »
i don't think the price is bad but i ent paying that just for news...more sports will be much better.
also why did they have to copyright their Trinidad Express website?...i just tried to copy and paste a web address and i couldn't...so i had to go retype the whole f**king thing.

Copy and paste from the mouse on the page itself does not work but you can still use the keyboard commands and the mouse commands at the address bar on top.
Ctrl + C will let you copy text u highlight.
And if you just click on the link you want it should go to that page and the address will be in the address bar on top....you can copy it from there.

I thought media houses were about disseminating their information to as many people as possible but like CCN kinda paranoid or seem to think this is some way of making sure they get money???  Unless they planning on making you pay to even read the papers I doh see the point.  It would be interesting to compare the online listenership between a subscription station like 105 to an open access one like I95.5 FM.  If advertizing $$ correlated to audience maybe the open access station might even make more money if they do their market research to show the size of their audience.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »
[quote author=dcs link=topic=1416.msg19413#msg19413
Copy and paste from the mouse on the page itself does not work but you can still use the keyboard commands and the mouse commands at the address bar on top.
Ctrl + C will let you copy text u highlight.
And if you just click on the link you want it should go to that page and the address will be in the address bar on top....you can copy it from there.

Thanks for that tip DCS.
I have that Windows for Dummies book somewhere around and i sure it in that lol
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 12:56:07 PM by Tallman »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 11:59:49 AM »
I work in marketing in Petry Media in manhattan, and the last thing TV6 should be doing is upseting loyal users.  How they should make money is by COMMERCIALS.  Hello TV6 executives, wake up! Sell more banner ads and pop ups on the page, also video commercials that streams before the news clips.  Come on why TnT backward so!

1]; } ?>