April 26, 2024, 08:32:15 PM

Author Topic: Not only fan support - BOOO the opposition!!  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Not only fan support - BOOO the opposition!!
« on: May 24, 2005, 09:54:53 AM »
      One thing that always hurts me when I go to T&T games is NOT our passive fans, not really the fact that they take a longer time to cheer our team on. Remember the last 2 years have been disgraceful and have taken a toll on our fans. Not to mention the amount of money we have to pay to see crappy opposition beat us.

What I really blame us the fans for is NOT BOOOING and BAWLING at OUR OPPOSITION!! If we eh want to big up the Warriors at least bawl out at the damn opposition nah!! Shit man. We all KNOW that in every country we play we get booed (maybe the least in the US since their crowd is the most unpartisan ever, along with Canada). I mean we does get booo and pelt dong in Jamaica and, CR, Mexico and all the other Central American teams all kinda thing. And then when we playing them in we hard we giving them a small clap!??!?! Not a shit ah that!

We must learn to take out all we frustration NOT on our team (even though it is they that is responsible for it) but on all the opposing teams we play!! Look at this shit, when we played CR they announcing that the CR Ambassador was there and he getting small clap from the crowd and the announcers etc.!! Then when CR come after their national anthem next small clap. And their fans in Trinidad in the stands real clapping and getting on bad, I sure they must be cussing and booing our team in their mind but since they in T'dad pretend to be respectful. WE need to boo them when they on the field training, booo them after their anthem and buss cuss and bawl when they on the field!! We know is real blows we going to get from their crowd when we go there.

Just imagine a Trini telling me not to booo the US team when we played them at the Oval, they eh know football or what we have to GIVE OUR OPPOSITION A PYSCHOLOGICAL DISADVANTAGE, we done cyah give we own team a pyscho. advantage so let's do the converse please!

Andre Samuel and Touches etc. I go try to links up with you for the Panama game, not sure bout the Bermuda ones yes. But make sure and real boo and bawl and get on bad eh!! I eh saying to pelt we free Busta at them (yet) but at least leggo a lil taunt nah. I will surely be backing my Warriors and boooing Panama next week.

In the mean time give Bermuda a lil bawl up nah, start practicing bawling up teams now, my forumites!!

Jason.

P.S. Just pretend is Pres. vs Naps, CIC vs Fatima/QRC, etc. etc. get on bad dis their goalie ram a goal in Panama hole all kinda thing fellas, come out with the intercol spirit against Panama ok!!
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Not only fan support - BOOO the opposition!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:27:37 AM »
You know Trinis like to get the sportsmanship award.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »
Ah don't feel we have to resort to boo=ing the opposition. What T&T really needs is the fans to come out and show there appreciation vocally. At the same time once the team paly good ball they could get the support. The TTFF should do more to hype up tyhe game and hour or 2 before the game start. I've been to a few games and yuh just don't feel the hype going into a big match.

Once the crowd primed enoough before the kick offand the tema playing ball on the field crowd support guaranteed. When everybody bawling and i see woman wining in front me ...... it go be madness in the Stadium. The opposition will dig real pressure with so much support and the players will feel that energy. we won't have time to boo anybody cause WE team go be looking to damn good to study anything else.

When the goals start to flow things could only go up from there.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 12:04:02 PM »
Part of home advantage is the opposition not playing to their best because they in a new environment and intimidated.

Take away the intimidation factor and they possibly can play better and even do things they would not normally do.
The crowd can influence the referee, put pressure on the opposition to make mistakes.

Just make them feel the whole stadium against them and not just the other team.

Booing is the least we could do.  In the Central American countries they would even be banging on the team bus and throwing things onto the pitch.  All that comes from passion and seeing the result of the game as theirs and not just the team on the field.  If the team lose the whole country losing so they taking part.  For us if we team lose then is THEY lose and not really WE lose.  More like spectators. 

I doh see it changing anytime soon unless people think we capable of winning. The team have to convince people is not a lost cause supporting them cuz if you passionate and yuh losing all the time yuh go have real heart ache so people distance themselves until it looking different.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 12:07:48 PM »
i feel we should have some kinda warrrior chant during de game!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>