Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 183347 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Jack tipped to head Alliance
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »
lol somebody beat meh to that news lol imagaine it have a very remote chance that man could be prime minister  ::) lol, alyuh see where we world cup money going  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 05:12:33 PM »
AHHHHHHHHH RUNN FOR THE  HILLLSS CLOSE YUH DOOORS!

J-J-J-JACK IN YUH A-A-A-ASS

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 05:13:34 PM »
lol somebody beat meh to that news lol imagaine it have a very remote chance that man could be prime minister  ::) lol, alyuh see where we world cup money going  :devil:

What seat (constituency) would Jack be running for on the outside chance that he does?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 10:35:26 PM »

What seat (constituency) would Jack be running for on the outside chance that he does?

somewhere where he would win, probably a UNC stronghold

to be PM you have to win in your constituency

Més que un club.

Offline Montjoy

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 04:24:28 AM »
Dis Thread doh belong in de General Discussion nah, it belong in de Jokes "Pure Kicks"  :rotfl:

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 05:35:20 AM »
Well fack me! Anytime dat facker or Panday get in power I staying in the UK.

Where's a good microwave oven when yuh need one? (Panday does have a pacemaker in doesn't he?) :devil:

My god, just when yuh thought the country done reach rock bottom and things can only get better from now on. A!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 10:58:57 AM »

Where's a good microwave oven when yuh need one? (Panday does have a pacemaker in doesn't he?) :devil:

My god, just when yuh thought the country done reach rock bottom and things can only get better from now on. A!

pnm/unc same difference, via jack 'mr.racket' warner we went world cup,tnt ballers see money, new stadium,foreign contracts etc..there is no stopping RACKET MAN, no matter who win I in trini, the sweetest place on de planet.....

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »
IT'S BAS AND JACK!
Kamla loses race for UNC Alliance leadership
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, October 5th 2007

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar lost the leadership race yesterday, as United National Congress Political Leader Basdeo Panday and Deputy Political Leader Jack Warner emerged as dual leaders of the UNC Alliance.

As she left the House of Chan restaurant in St Augustine last night, where several high profile members of the UNC Alliance had met to discuss the leadership issue for several hours, Persad-Bissessar appeared to put on a strong front as she told the media that the decision of the leadership council was final.

Only moments before that, however, a triumphant Warner told the media, "This is the dream team. To beat this you have to come better, not good."

Warner then embraced Panday and held his hand in unity.

"This is my dream come true," Warner added.

The decision was made after a close to five-hour meeting.

Persad-Bissessar had been the front-runner for the post heading into yesterday's meeting and sources close to her said she was very disappointed, as she had high hopes for the leadership position, and especially the possibility of emerging as the first female prime minister of the country.

According to sources, the leadership was initially leaning in Persad-Bissessar's favour, as she had the support of Panday who had initially said, "I don't want the job". She was said to be the favoured choice after the leadership council held a meeting at the same location on Tuesday.

However, upon the return of Warner, who was absent from Tuesday's meeting because he was out of the country, everything changed.

Sources said that Warner did not feel Persad-Bissessar could have led the party into elections and to victory, and the only person who he had faith and confidence in was Panday.

After yesterday's meeting, according to Warner, the leadership council unanimously agreed that he and Panday should lead the party in the November 5 General Elections.

The members of the UNC Alliance leadership council who met yesterday were Panday, Warner, Persad-Bissessar, YEStt's Stephen Cadiz, Democratic Party of Trinidad and Tobago (DPTT) leader Steve Alvarez, NAR leader Dr Carson Charles and Leader of Laventille for Laventillians Lennox Smith.

Warner said this dual leadership was decided upon because of the racial divide in the country.

"This arrangement has come about because of our concern about the two major sectors of the society, that we will have to get together. Historically they have been apart and this arrangement will be one that hopefully will draw them together," Warner said.

When questioned as to what role Persad-Bissessar would play in the party with the current arrangement, he said: "We will make room for our other leaders in the leadership council at various levels."

When asked if the UNC Alliance wins the election who would be the prime minister - himself or Panday - Warner said that would be determined after the election. Panday meanwhile offered: "We have realised this country has been traditionally divided on racial lines, particularly political racial lines. What we are trying to do is heal that wound in society and to unite our people in the tremendous political struggle."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2007, 11:53:07 AM »

:o  ::)   :-\  :thinking:   :wavetowel:   ;D

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
well us this UNC alliance leadership ting is real tears yes. i would love to know what kinda arrangements these men make to decide who get the PM spot if they win. here we have two scamps with equally large egos and den Kamla, you mean to tell me if the PM spot up for grabs it will be a civilised affair? they fooling themselves. i am reminded of Cro Cro old tune, "3 Bo Rat Cyah Live in One Hole" only this time it's 2.5 rats.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2007, 01:33:54 PM »

Go brave and dig your own hole.
Go and buy a car, boat or plane instead nah.
steupse

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 06:49:16 PM »
i am reminded of Cro Cro old tune, "3 Bo Rat Cyah Live in One Hole" only this time it's 2.5 rats.
check de video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3XVRiXDojU&mode=related&search=Fernandes%20Vat%2019%20Rum%20Commercial%20Trini%20Trinidad
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 06:54:48 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Kamla's 'special role' ..... President of T&T
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2007, 11:00:08 PM »
Express

Sunday, October 7th 2007

WILL SHE ACCEPT? Kamla Persad-Bissessar

President of Trinidad and Tobago. That's the "special pivotal role" UNC leader Basdeo Panday will be offering sidelined Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar today as the party's mass rally at Mid Centre Mall in Chaguanas, sources have confirmed to the Sunday Express.

Sources have described this move, which they said was hastily contrived on Friday morning, as a desperate final attempt to minimise the significant fallout from the party's ground supporters and serious damage to the party's national image that has resulted because of Panday's decision to appoint UNC deputy political leader Jack Warner as chairman of the UNC Alliance, to co-lead the party into the November 5 polls alongside him.

This was done on Thursday night after the UNC A's leadership council met for over six hours to decide on a leader for the elections, and settled for Panday's suggested Warner/Panday duo, despite the fact that the UNC leader had himself nominated Persad-Bissessar to be the Alliance's prime ministerial candidate.

The fallout which, sources said, was completely unexpected and which has hit the UNC like ton of bricks, was exacerbated on Friday when the Opposition leader was a no-show for a news conference at the party's Port of Spain office.

Panday and Warner said they had a special role for her, which Panday promised to reveal tomorrow at the rally.

Sources said the Panday/Warner "caba" which hastily came up with the idea of President believe they will be able to sell this to the country as an offer Persad-Bissessar "simply can't refuse."

One source noted that since the Opposition Leader has not been in contact with this group since they tried to box her into a corner on Thursday, the new leadership believes that she will once more be boxed into a corner and accept this promised role.

But another source said they may be in for "a grand surprise."

The source noted:

"The fact is that Panday himself has consistently refused this position when previously offered to him by members of the party, and even the Congress of the People, saying the ceremonial position is token one and bears no real power."

The source noted that at the meeting last month in Bombay Restaurant in London, a possible presidential role was held out to Panday by former financiers of the party, including CL Financial head Lawrence Duprey.

The 74-year-old UNC leader, who is facing two sets of corruption charges, said then that he wanted one more term as Prime Minister and bluntly refused to leave.

"So that they expect Kamla to accept this nonsense after being slighted is ridiculous, especially when she is at the height of her political career and clearly the party's most popular choice for leader, not only within the UNC, but nationally. They must know she has more pride and dignity than that," said the source.

Noting that President George Maxwell Richards still has two years in his term to go, the source said that for Persad-Bissessar to accept this "delayed position means she will not be afforded any serious position of leadership in the party for two years if she contests and wins her Siparia seat.

"So it seems as if this is really a move to completely get rid of her, and the real competition she poses, in the long run," the source said.

"Their damage control efforts are too little and too late", the source said.

Persad-Bissessar remained unreachable by telephone yesterday, but staff members at her constituency office have confirmed to the Sunday Express that she will be appearing on the platform today, and will deliver her address as billed.

"I expect she will answer all questions and offers posed to her then," said one staff member.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2007, 11:13:16 PM »
Boy in Trinidad you don't need a Daily Show or a Rush Limbaugh to spoof these guys. They spoof themselves.  :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla's 'special role' ..... President of T&T
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 07:08:23 AM »
Express

Sunday, October 7th 2007

WILL SHE ACCEPT? Kamla Persad-Bissessar

President of Trinidad and Tobago. That's the "special pivotal role" UNC leader Basdeo Panday will be offering sidelined Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar today as the party's mass rally at Mid Centre Mall in Chaguanas, sources have confirmed to the Sunday Express.
Do like ATO and...............Run...........in your case, Run to COP...............and as fast as you can...you dont have the kinda ah money that Jackula has which in my opinion he is using to bribe people, obviously ::)

"This was done on Thursday night after the UNC A's leadership council met for over six hours to decide on a leader for the elections, and settled for Panday's suggested Warner/Panday duo, despite the fact that the UNC leader had himself nominated Persad-Bissessar to be the Alliance's prime ministerial candidate."
You ent kidding E-Man
Damn......I am wondering if Jackula is paying off Panday spending we world cup money to forward his position in de UNC ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:43:39 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2007, 11:22:41 AM »
Yuh know in a way Kamla deserve wha she get.....she is de perfect example of sycophan, toe-de-party-line, ah-love-Bas-till-ah-dead, UNC till ah dead type supporter.....like she cyar think for she self....

Ah eh no UNC supporter but Panday real f-up on dis one....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 12:34:57 PM »
Yuh know in a way Kamla deserve wha she get.....she is de perfect example of sycophan, toe-de-party-line, ah-love-Bas-till-ah-dead, UNC till ah dead type supporter.....like she cyar think for she self....
Ah eh no UNC supporter but Panday real f-up on dis one....
Brownsugar, dat is HOW poliTRICKS does work ALL over the world. I know here in Canada it does work so....

when you see things like this quote...
""This was done on Thursday night after the UNC A's leadership council met for over six hours to decide on a leader for the elections, and settled for Panday's suggested Warner/Panday duo, despite the fact that the UNC leader had himself nominated Persad-Bissessar to be the Alliance's prime ministerial candidate.""
that right there gives me the impression that somebody, by some under handed means, got the leader to change his mind.
it is my opinion that maybe that is where OUR world cup money went.
 if ya ketch my dfrit.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:37:41 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jack Warner General Section Thread.
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 12:02:45 PM »
Jack Warner and the goal of politics
BY ANDRE BAGOO (Newsday)

Thursday, October 18 2007

JACK WARNER, 64, is a very busy man.

One day in his calender looks something like this- 4am: early morning meeting, 5am: respond to e-mails and correspondence, 6am: a second meeting, 7am: a third meeting, 9am: instruct staff and liaise with Zurich and Guatemala, 10am: co-ordinate political work for the day, 11.30am: constituency walk-abouts begin.

Somewhere in there, he will prepare a speech for a political rally, have further meetings with UNC Alliance officials and field questions from journalists.

But despite his busy schedule, the FIFA Vice-President and Chair of the UNC Alliance found time to tell us what he has in common with the late Dr Eric Williams, why he supports an Executive Presidency in Trinidad and Tobago, what are his goals for entering the political realm, and why many of today’s generations of PNM politicians, including Ken Valley, owe a debt to him. While many know of Warner’s past as a longstanding teacher (he taught for over 30 years at all levels, including a post teaching history at Polytechnic), not many realise that several prominent PNM faces were taught by him.

“I was happy to have taught Camille Robinson-Regis, to have taught (the second) Eric Williams, to have taught Franklin Khan and to have taught Roger Boynes. I taught all these guys. I even taught Ken Valley,” he reveals.

“For good or evil these guys are all products of Jack Warner and Ken Valley’s rebellious mode today is what I instilled in him,” he says.

Why would someone who is known for working quietly behind the scene on a number of charitable projects, who has clearly risen to a position of prominence in the football world, now turn to the messy world of politics?

“It is important to me how much comfort, how much happiness the people of this country have. And that is what has guided me to politics. When I see the disgrace, the ‘squandermania’ taking place, I grieve. When I see that we build fantastic tall buildings but no hospital beds, we build a palace but be can’t build two police stations in four years, that a drizzle is a cause for flood, it is painful because I’ve travelled and I’ve seen countries that have done more with less. I want to try to make a difference,” he says. He will be contesting the Chaguanas West seat. And he is confident that he has the support of the UNC grass-roots.

“I have always had the support of the UNC grassroots,” he says.

“I am totally for an executive president,” Warner says. He argues that there is nothing wrong with the concept and says he would support the Ellis Clarke Draft Constitution (which proposes such a President to be ‘elected’ by Parliament), once it is changed to let the people themselves choose their leader.

“One man one vote, not any kind of cabal in the parliament,” he says. “It will be like the US system and I do not have a problem with that. It should be a president of the people, not of the parliament and that is my belief.” But then, what of the arrangement of the UNC Alliance for this year’s polls? Panday has refused to name a “leader” saying if the Alliance wins the election, a Prime Minister would later be chosen from those who won seats. “The (main) contenders will meet and they will determine who is the best person among them and if they can’t then the people will have to decide,” Warner explains.

But is this not “election” by a “cabal”? If he one day becomes Prime Minister, what will be his first task? “The first thing I will do is to re-affirm my salary of $1 a month. I will take the salary, take a dollar from it and give the rest to charity.”

After fixing his salary, he says he will then go on to focus on crime, education and, of course, sport. Warner was born on January 26, 1943. He was precocious.

“If I came second in test I cried like a baby,” he says.

His parents, Stella and Wilton Warner, worked at once stage in a brick factory. When Warner missed out on a government scholarship by placing 251th in the country, the brick factory would give him a scholarship. It was the first of several scholarships.

“I wanted to go in the police service,” Warner says. But his parents pushed him to become a teacher. He retired at 50.

A football player on the local scene, he worked his way up as an official on local councils. By 1983 he was a member of the FIFA Executive Committee and became CONCACAF President in 1990. For Warner, his own journey in life has been symbolic.

“The sky is the limit to what you can achieve,” he says as he takes a quiet sip from his tea.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:20:39 AM by Flex »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner and the goal of politics
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »
"“I was happy to have taught Camille Robinson-Regis, to have taught (the second) Eric Williams, to have taught Franklin Khan and to have taught Roger Boynes. I taught all these guys. I even taught Ken Valley,” he reveals.
“For good or evil these guys are all products of Jack Warner and Ken Valley’s rebellious mode today is what I instilled in him,” he says. "

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sir, Sir, you are the greatest oui
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Jacko bring joy to Brasso students
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2007, 08:18:19 AM »
Although being away on Fifa business all the way in Tokyo, Japan, Concacaf President Jack Warner still ensured that the students of the Brasso Venado Government Primary School collected their Christmas presents on the last day of the School term on Friday.

Warner staff members visited the Brasso School where they delivered treats and presents to every student. Warner adopted the school last year and has been providing year round assistance since 2005.

Even in his absence the students put on a concert in his honour and Principal Marilyn Villafana said that her students are grateful for Warner’s assistance.

It read, Jack Oh Jack, Jolly Jack. Dedication to duty you never lack. We welcome you beloved hero, we welcome you to Brasso Venado. Never yet have you disappointed us. Neither a quarrel nor a fuss. You always assist us in our cause, you are indeed our Santa Claus.

Willing to Care, always willing to share. Bringing to us that Christmas cheer. Making us smile, making us laugh.

Parents, students and members of staff.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shameless jackulah acts concerned!
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 04:51:24 AM »
What an unadulterated ass wipe jack warner could be , as he act's so conserned about crime and lawlessness when he himself is guilty of oppressing our hero's. what a batty hole!
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161277376.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shameless jackulah acts concerned!
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 05:07:14 AM »
What an unadulterated ass wipe jack warner could be , as he act's so conserned about crime and lawlessness when he himself is guilty of oppressing our hero's. what a batty hole!
He looks real concerned

what a politician eh
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 07:08:03 AM »

that is why he get shoot down in parliament with his crime recommendation because they say it have other types of crime other than murder, government say how they going to investigate corruption in the 2001 world cup stadiums about drug testing and gym equipment that never reach despite concacaf receiving money to supply it, and that jack deliberately oversell tickets to make money and could have caused the stadium to collapse.
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 08:26:54 AM »
ah like he stance though.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »

at least they visit, when last manning walk up dey? ??? when last manning say he starting a league to get the youths off the street, i cant play blind, warner may not be a saint but at least he willing 2 go do something whether its politics or not...

i juss come from trinidad, piccadilly street to be exact, the area gettin worse, where manning, where is anyone to help the people? schupsss

God is de BOSS....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »

at least they visit, when last manning walk up dey? ??? when last manning say he starting a league to get the youths off the street, i cant play blind, warner may not be a saint but at least he willing 2 go do something whether its politics or not...

i juss come from trinidad, piccadilly street to be exact, the area gettin worse, where manning, where is anyone to help the people? schupsss

God is de BOSS....

u have a point there  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »
Manning just get thousands to turn out and greet him in Laventille West during the last election!

steups.

Manning tired walk around places like Maloney, La Horquetta, Enterprise, Carenage and Laventille, all de trouble spots in T&T.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »

God is de BOSS....
What constitutes help ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 08:12:56 AM »
Thank u Jah
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner dares PM to take 10 per cent wage cut
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »
I dare him 2 pay d players dey money all 23 of dem even d turncoats

Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his ministers must forego their “taste for champaign” because the country now only has “mauby income.”

And Manning must lead by example and cut his salary by ten per cent.

This is the challenge made yesterday by UNC deputy leader Jack Warner during a press conference at the Concacaf office on Edward Street, Port-of-Spain, following “belt-tightening” suggestions by Manning last week as a result of the country’s recent economic downturn.

Manning had also announced that his ministers were advised to review their respective budgets in order to ensure that expenditure was kept in line with revenue—which was expected to fall short by $6 billion.

Warner said, “Salaries for parliamentarians, I don’t want to talk about because I don’t know nothing about salaries. If you want to demonstrate belt-tightening, it must begin at the top and the prime minister—who doesn’t have a single expense in the world—should begin by cutting his salary by ten per cent and do the same for his ministers.

“I am saying you have to lead by example.”

Warner added, “If I could take a dollar a month as a Member of Parliament, why can’t he (Manning) take $2?”

Manning had also revealed that downward adjustments were being made where publicity, promotion and printing were concerned.

Warner lamented that Government had to spend hundreds of millions of dollars for public relations in the first place.

“All those ads—$300,000 million in ads to tell people how good they (Government) working. If these guys are working good they don’t have to advertise it.

“Let them stop their champaign taste because now we have mauby income.”

Referring to the advanced economy of Dubai, which Manning previously boasted had many opportunities for T&T, Warner claimed it was only on Monday that Dubai declared it was $50 billion in debt.

“Who dotish now?” Warner asked.

Warner also called on Manning to “dip in his back pocket” and call a general election, saying that citizens who made a “mistake” last year, should not have to suffer for the next four years.

Other measures Warner said should be looked at in order to cut expenditure included:

Cancelling the two international conferences next year which cost in excess of $500 million.
Reassess the rapid-rail project
Review buildings which could be downgraded including the Tarouba stadium
Cutting the prime minister’s salary by 50 per cent
Manning makes
$48,000 a mont

Prime Minister Patrick Manning currently earns approximately $48,000.

It was also reported previously that some senior Ministers receive $33,000 and Members of Parliament (who did not have a ministerial portfolio) earned $14,000 a month.

The Opposition has routinely criticised the compensation packages for ministers including that of the Prime Minister and his wife Hazel Manning.

Both Mannings were reported to have an accumulated income of $1.4 million a year.

PM Manning, in addition to his monthly salary, receives $7,500 in duty allowance, transport allowance of $4,500 and a further $20,000 as a travel grant.

©2005-2006 Trinida
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>