Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 184102 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News - JACK NEW MINISTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY
« Reply #570 on: October 10, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
Oh dear this just posted on BBC twitter account

Trinidad murder statistics banned http://bbc.in/Rx8Hff
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 10, 2012, 02:03:31 PM »
The acting commissioner said that banning the release of crime information “is not a matter which the minister has authority to instruct the commissioner of police on,” Williams said.

From the Washington Post... and also in the UK Guardian.  We reach, and gone back.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:05:34 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 10, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
Breaking News - Jack Says Sorry
By Richard Charan

ISSUE: "NOT REVEALING CRIME STATS"

"The intent of this measure is to seek to ensure that crime statistics are not sensationalized thereby acting as a domino effect in certain hot spot areas and causing an escalation of crime in that hotspot area.

The issue is not about withholding the statistics - it is about the management of the sensitive information that many times is released along with the statistic that always has the potential to inflame additional crime - particularly when treating with the issue of gangs and the 'gang culture'.

For instance, there is no issue with stating that there may have been a homicide in area 'x', the issue becomes more challenging when the information released includes the homicide in area 'x', along with the homicide being gang related, and involving person 'y'...this is a recipe for unnecessarily inflamed tensions.

So..by that logic.....if releasing of sensitive information can inflame a situation and increase crime......why would he talk about the death threat against Rowley? He trying to kill people or wha?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 10, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 10, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
Hahaha funny
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 10, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
The acting commissioner said that banning the release of crime information “is not a matter which the minister has authority to instruct the commissioner of police on,” Williams said.

From the Washington Post... and also in the UK GuardianWe reach, and gone back.

Lol

Looks like we finally have an (acting) CoP with some balls. Kudo to Williams for standing up to the acting prime minister of national security and not taking BS. Jack, not everybody does bend over and take ungreased prick like Oliver Camps and Richard Groden.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:33:17 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »
Lol commisioner make Warner look like more of an arse
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »

Lol

Looks like we finally have an (acting) CoP with some balls. Kudo to Williams for standing up to the acting prime minister of national security and not taking BS. Jack, not everybody does bend over and take ungreased prick like Oliver Camps and Richard Groden and Jack Horner.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 10, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »

Lol

Looks like we finally have an (acting) CoP with some balls. Kudo to Williams for standing up to the acting prime minister of national security and not taking BS. Jack, not everybody does bend over and take ungreased prick like Oliver Camps and Richard Groden.

All yuh doh get tie up wit Williams.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:32:31 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 10, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
Werary....Williams did the right thing so far. Lets hope he will continue to set a good example whatever his shortcomings.

Regardless of my opinion on The Acting Prime Minister of National Security, I was hoping he was up to the challenge of putting a dent in criminal activity. So far he only beating up on protestors and frontkicking himself in the mouth. Clearly he is out of his depth, and needs a crash course in parlimentary democracy and a revisit of the constitution of these islands. I mean how much more shame is KPB willing to let this man inflict on the country?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 10, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
Well at least de media wukking.....because of Jack....who is not......or is he??  Dinho, help we out nah.   I eh want to mislead de foreign based....... ::) ::) :bs:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 10, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
Werary....Williams did the right thing so far. Lets hope he will continue to set a good example whatever his shortcomings.

Regardless of my opinion on The Acting Prime Minister of National Security, I was hoping he was up to the challenge of putting a dent in criminal activity. So far he only beating up on protestors and frontkicking himself in the mouth. Clearly he is out of his depth, and needs a crash course in parlimentary democracy and a revisit of the constitution of these islands. I mean how much more shame is KPB willing to let this man inflict on the country?

I wuk wit d fella opportunist he is. He did d right ting because he had no choice. FYI d crime plan 2 lock down d hill is his brilliant idea. Jack just luv it because d murder rate will go down. So I eh no fan ah Williams.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »
Implicitly I think pressure was put on him by Gillian Lucky (not certain if it was intentional or not) to not do it..by simply saying that such a measure is up to him.

If he went along to it...he looks like a enunch.

If he doesnt....it could mitigate damage.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago murder statistics banned
BBC News

Police in Trinidad and Tobago have been ordered to stop releasing murder statistics.

National Security Minister Jack Warner said reports of violence encouraged people to commit more crime.

He accused the opposition PNM party of using official police information to encourage mayhem in the Caribbean country.

Acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams said that he would ignore the order.

Mr Williams said the police would continue to fulfil their legal obligation of disseminating information on murders and other crime on the islands.

Mr Warner's comments have led to angry reactions in Trinidad and Tobago, particularly among members of the PNM party.

'Domino effect'
Jack Warner is a well-known, albeit controversial, figure in the Caribbean.

He was appointed as national security minister in his native Trinidad and Tobago in June, a year after resigning as vice-president of the world's football body, Fifa.

He had been accused of paying bribes to Caribbean football associations. Mr Warner denies any wrongdoing.

His comments on crime in Trinidad and Tobago came after the murder of a young man in a violent area of the country.

The order was meant as a temporary measure to tackle crime, Mr Warner said.

"The intent of this measure is to seek to ensure that crime statistics are not sensationalised, thereby acting as a domino effect in certain hot spot areas," he said in a statement.

"The issue is not about withholding the statistics. It is about the management of the sensitive information that has the potential to inflame additional crime - particularly when treating the issue of gangs."

Drug-related violence is a major problem in Trinidad and Tobago, which has become a shipment point for cocaine coming from South America.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
no wonder jack wanna buy out newspapers...

...trinidad ripe for some civil unrest....limiting gate..food will go up..all subsidies removed from transportation fuels..everything will go up...everything..salaries staying the same...spending power reduced...loss of competitive advantage of our manufacturing sector in regional and international markets...corruption index skyrocketing...investments plummeting...cocaine passing...AND...AND..dis government continuing to  play us for fools every monday and wednesday morning with some piece of foolery...squeezing treasury.. consolidating their financiers means more money for subsequent campaigns to perpetual cycle..

for some reason i have a feeling this upcoming tobago elections is very very crucial to the future of trinidad...

ah fed up...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56:52 AM »

...trinidad ripe for some civil unrest....limiting gate..food will go up..all subsidies removed from transportation fuels..everything will go up...everything..salaries staying the same...spending power reduced...loss of competitive advantage of our manufacturing sector in regional and international markets...corruption index skyrocketing...investments plummeting...cocaine passing...AND...AND..dis government continuing to  play us for fools every monday and wednesday morning with some piece of foolery...squeezing treasury.. consolidating their financiers means more money for subsequent campaigns to perpetual cycle..

for some reason i have a feeling this upcoming tobago elections is very very crucial to the future of trinidad...

ah fed up...

heard a rumor dat US vex cause it more dan double since dey take over ah want to hope is just incompetance but knowing the "alledgedly" ::) shadowy rep of some of their financiers...................
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/JACK__HAS__NO__POWER-173628721.html

Note the bolded parts please:

Acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams yesterday said the police had a legal obligation to provide crime statistics to the public and the National Security Minister had no authority to stop that.

Williams made the statement at yesterday's police briefing at the police headquarters at Sackville Street, Port of Spain.

"I received no instructions from the minister in relation to any gag on the police in disseminating information on murders and other forms of crime," Williams said yesterday.

"I want to assure the public that I have received no instructions from the Minister of National Security, which I heard reference to as a gag on the police," he said.

"I want to give clear assurance that we in the Police Service have not taken any position to refuse to disseminate information to the public. We are under a legal obligation to provide statistics to the public and we will fulfil the legal obligation," he added.

Williams and other high-ranking police officials met with National Security Minister Jack Warner on Tuesday afternoon, but said at no time did any of the officers receive any directive to stop making crime statistics public. Just hours before that meeting, however, Warner had said he was meeting with the men to give those specific instructions.

"The Minister gave me no instructions and I believe the minister is fully aware that he cannot give the Commissioner of Police instructions in relation to matters such as dissemination of statistics to the media or the general public," Williams said.

"It is not a matter on which the Minister of National Security has the authority to instruct the Commissioner of Police. I am making it clear, hoping that it would be crystal clear: I have received no instructions," he reiterated.

But Williams refused to divulge what was discussed at that meeting, saying he would not discuss "confidential" police matters in the media and did not expect the other attendees to do so either.

"I did meet with the Minister of National Security at 2 p.m. (on Tuesday) and the minister shared some concerns around the dissemination of information on murders by the Police Service. He raised concerns in relation to the police dissemination of information on matters of murder, but I received no instructions and the minister has no authority to issue instructions to the Police Service on an operational issue," he said.

He said, though, the Police Service would "adopt a particular process to disseminate information" to the media and, by extension, the public. He said "troops on the ground" should already know they do not have the authority to communicate police information to the public.

"Troops need to have permission from the Commissioner of Police before disseminating information," he said.

With regard to Warner's statement that the latest Laventille killing was "sponsored" by the People's National Movement (PNM) and was in fact a "PNM murder", Williams said he did not know what a "PNM murder" was.

"I don't know. What is a PNM murder? I am not in the position to answer the categorisation of the murder as a PNM murder. I try my best not to respond to statements by politicians," Williams said.

He said the country was currently living in a "charged political environment" and he preferred to "stay away from politics".

Yuh eh find like the outcome of the meeting reflecting what the "apology" was saying? So is it happening or not happening?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 11, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »

...trinidad ripe for some civil unrest
The only concern dey is if someting like dat happen,, the minister of st.anns hospital go be only to happy to meet any kinda unrest with some kinda brute force pappyshow

His handling of the protestors on the highway might be a precursor of what to expect

brownie how yuh callin out dinho so? someting happenin behind de scenes we eh know about or wha? :devil:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:57:26 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
Definitely love the cover for the book.

I feel the first line must start of something like this

Born to a soucouyant and La Diablesse in Rio Claro, Southern Trinidad. This son of of the dark lived in relative obscurity for the greater part of his life.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 11, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »
Definitely love the cover for the book.

I feel the first line must start of something like this

Born to a soucouyant and La Diablesse in Rio Claro, Southern Trinidad. This son of of the dark lived in relative obscurity for the greater part of his life.

hahaha
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 11, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
MEP yuh hadda finish dat chapter breds
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 11, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »

ah fed up...

heard a rumor dat US vex cause it more dan double since dey take over ah want to hope is just incompetance but knowing the "alledgedly" ::) shadowy rep of some of their financiers...................

u know another reason they blue vex? i was watching somthing on ngc las night about drug smuggling...the documentary's ending left me with some chills...they said US authorities has evidence that al qaeda and colombia's cartels have formed some sort of union...and if colombia can move tonnes upon tonnes of cocaine through to US shores undetected...lord knows what else can pass....credits...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 11, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
MEP yuh hadda finish dat chapter breds

hahaha

Yuh know!!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
alyuh hear we boy explanation tonight dey.......BWDMCID I seeing in dis place boy >:( >:( >:( >:( who d fuuck he feel he foolin >:( :cursing: :cursing: I sorry dis gone way past funny now my boy now saying he direct his comment to he self.... he have f**kin schizophrenia or what :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: aye let me stop before I buss a blood vessel oui ............SMFH :yellowcard:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 11, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
alyuh hear we boy explanation tonight dey.......BWDMCID I seeing in dis place boy >:( >:( >:( >:( who d fuuck he feel he foolin >:( :cursing: :cursing: I sorry dis gone way past funny now my boy now saying he direct his comment to he self.... he have f**kin schizophrenia or what :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: aye let me stop before I buss a blood vessel oui ............SMFH :yellowcard:

Now now now.

Keep calm and tell us what really happened.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 11, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
Basically he denied saying what he said, even though he on video saying it. Tv6 rel loving this
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 11, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
Basically he denied saying what he said, even though he on video saying it. Tv6 rel loving this

not jus dat.......but is inane nature of d assholery he talk within dat denial......can somebody say demented!...........lawd have mercy
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 11, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
I feel a tune for the parang season.

"Dey does lie dey does lie lie lie lie lie lie...."

1]; } ?>