Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 183026 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: 59 MURDERS IN 48 DAYS
« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:34 PM »
Good stuff jahgol, i always enjoy reading your post. just to add to that, i know one things true about effective crime fighting that these ppl seem to over look by every single administration we had to date, 

here's ah little know fact in the annals of crime fighting, in order to keep crime stats down you must keep criminals off the streets! it's that simple!

i saw it here in the late 90ies when juliani put a cop on every corner in the hot spots, the government also started putting repeat offenders out of the country when clinton signed that anti terrorist bill in 1996. 

i see new york went from a place where criminals didn't give ah damn to runnin scared, it happened in the roaring 20ies and it happened again in my life time, and the same method applied, taking these fackers off the streets was the key.

T&T has an extremely flawed judicial and penal system, and that has to change in order to ensure success lowering crime!  first thing first, they need lock up the bad cops!

what's so hard about forming a elite secret police force ala FBI on the island where they could weed out corrupt cops and give them big time behind bars?

the next thing they need to do is restructure the judicial system where they could achieve a greater success rate, like ah three strikes and yuh getting ah 25 yrs in yuh clart. next thing that should be done concurrent with revamping the judicial system is to create ah proper witness protection program, too much fellas getting away with murder bc ppl too scared to show up in court!

but this would never happen bc of bipartisanism, no one wants to give up any ground for the interest and betterment of the country, just like any third world country in the world, they would rather bring the country to it's knees than compromise on the best way forward.

trinidadians not patriotic @ all @ all!!  remember that.
My mom lived in a notsonice part of Brooklyn for a lil while and I saw this for my self. Not one but 2 cars regularly on the block. A Sunday we walking back to the apartment and there was a white cop standing right outside his car and the officer make sure and say Happy Mother's Day to my mom. The quality of service , professionalism and humanity displayed is still etched on my mind. This is not something achieved overnight either.  The thing is nothing around there was intimidating to me. Just loud ,weed smoking welfare dependent negroes.

On the second point I have to agree with you to an extent. Remember how long it took for police reform bills to pass. And Kamla and dem after opposing the PR bills for years then during the election start to talk about being tough of crime. On the other hand the sitting government does have power and authority to direct several aspects of the national security systems. JC everything you write there is what we need. That and Institutional strengthening and decent governance of our agencies. And there's no shortcut to that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »
Allyuh could say what allyuh want. When Patrick was dey, he throw he hands up in the air like he give up, because he did not know what to do. "nigger people" just bent on killing one another. If action man jack can't stop it, you really expect Kamla with her charismatic self could solve black people problem? Black people have to solve that problem on the OWN. No PNM, no UNC, not even Selassie I could help we. We just bent on going over the suicide cliff.

Wrong PM is Bas as Min of Nat Sec who gave up. He said he eh know what 2 do. Is old Patos who bring Blimp, Eye in d Sky plan to buy OPV. But all we heard is Martin must go and we have a 120 plan well Martin gone over 2 yrs now and I guess d 120 plan was a misprint.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »
Allyuh could say what allyuh want. When Patrick was dey, he throw he hands up in the air like he give up, because he did not know what to do. "nigger people" just bent on killing one another. If action man jack can't stop it, you really expect Kamla with her charismatic self could solve black people problem? Black people have to solve that problem on the OWN. No PNM, no UNC, not even Selassie I could help we. We just bent on going over the suicide cliff.

Wrong PM is Bas as Min of Nat Sec who gave up. He said he eh know what 2 do. Is old Patos who bring Blimp, Eye in d Sky plan to buy OPV. But all we heard is Martin must go and we have a 120 plan well Martin gone over 2 yrs now and I guess d 120 plan was a misprint.
You're right it was Bas.

I remember Martin Joseph giving a press conference looking completely exhausted , the veins on his temple were popping out while he was telling the media to keep up the pressure because the crime level was unacceptable. He was saying they would to work and would try different strategies and expand those that worked and discontinue those that failed etc. I joined in that chorus calling for Martin Joseph to go as I did for Gary Hunt as Sports Minister. Time would reveal that I was wrong on both counts as these men proved to have more class and professionalism than their successors from the UNC et al.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »

You're right it was Bas.

I remember Martin Joseph giving a press conference looking completely exhausted , the veins on his temple were popping out while he was telling the media to keep up the pressure because the crime level was unacceptable. He was saying they would to work and would try different strategies and expand those that worked and discontinue those that failed etc. I joined in that chorus calling for Martin Joseph to go as I did for Gary Hunt as Sports Minister. Time would reveal that I was wrong on both counts as these men proved to have more class and professionalism than their successors from the UNC et al.

At least u repent it hv nuff ostrich still hv their head bury in d sand.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner: a case of expanding the national security portfolio?
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »
You folks need to realise that the PM can't get rid of Jack because she owes him payback for being one of the main financiers of the UNC/PP election campaign that saw them fool the T&T public and get into power.

Also part of Jack's funding for their election campaign seems to have come from the Soca Warriors promised bonus money as the government has not asked Jack to give the missing money back to the TTFF to settle the 2006 Soca Warriors bonus payment dispute that is still before the courts almost 7 years after the players made their 2006 FIFA World Cup appearance.

This is despite the non-payment bonus situation helping to stagnate T&T football and most members of government claiming to be proud of the Soca Warriors achievement back in 2006.
If you are so proud of these 2006 players then why not force Jack to account for the missing money especially as a member of your government when all the TTFF accounts trails lead to him?
The answer is obvious, the players bonus money went towards your election campaign so why bite the crooked hand that feed you?!  :devil:

I sayin that 4 yrs that d players money fund d 2007/2010 campaign. So no way Kams gettin rid of Jack.
And jack still has his job. And kamla remains silent
Warner said he has no files on the PM. He musbe have a DVD.

LOLOLOL

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:09 AM »
[quote
I remember Martin Joseph giving a press conference looking completely exhausted , the veins on his temple were popping out while he was telling the media to keep up the pressure because the crime level was unacceptable. He was saying they would to work and would try different strategies and expand those that worked and discontinue those that failed etc. I joined in that chorus calling for Martin Joseph to go as I did for Gary Hunt as Sports Minister. Time would reveal that I was wrong on both counts as these men proved to have more class and professionalism than their successors from the UNC et al. [/quote]

Why you repenting bro , all of dem was failures with they own cocoa in de sun.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:31:19 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #666 on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:58 AM »
fishes what was martin Joseph's cocoa in the sun?  I want to know... Thanks.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 19, 2013, 05:15:05 AM »
Good stuff jahgol, i always enjoy reading your post. just to add to that, i know one things true about effective crime fighting that these ppl seem to over look by every single administration we had to date, 

here's ah little know fact in the annals of crime fighting, in order to keep crime stats down you must keep criminals off the streets! it's that simple!

i saw it here in the late 90ies when juliani put a cop on every corner in the hot spots, the government also started putting repeat offenders out of the country when clinton signed that anti terrorist bill in 1996. 

i see new york went from a place where criminals didn't give ah damn to runnin scared, it happened in the roaring 20ies and it happened again in my life time, and the same method applied, taking these fackers off the streets was the key.

T&T has an extremely flawed judicial and penal system, and that has to change in order to ensure success lowering crime!  first things first, they need lock up the bad cops! them fackers is the catalyst in this runaway train drugs/gun crime.

what's so hard about forming a elite secret police force ala FBI on the island where they could weed out corrupt cops and give them big time behind bars?

the next thing they need to do is restructure the judicial system where they could achieve a greater success rate, like ah three strikes and yuh getting ah 25 yrs in yuh clart. next thing that should be done concurrent with revamping the judicial system is to create ah proper witness protection program, too much fellas getting away with murder bc ppl too scared to show up in court!

but this would never happen bc of bipartisanism, no one wants to give up any ground for the interest and betterment of the country, just like any third world country in the world, they would rather bring the country to it's knees than compromise on the best way forward.

??? Agree with most of what you posted besides the very last line.
I am patriotic and I am a Trini and I have relatives just as patriotic or even more patriotic than me living in Trinidad which is why they still live there rather than run away like I did!  In fact I salute them! :salute:
Breds, ah patriot is not ah man who is willing to admit that he's ah this or ah that, or a man who wears his national colors proudly or brandishes a national flag @ will, but rather a man who's more than willing to lose his life in the pursuit of freedom and equal rights for ppl and the land that he's tied too.

IMO "most" trinis would not shed ah drop of blood for that land let alone risk their lives to protect it. another thing, this is not about you and other ppl who love their native land, but rather i'm talking about the vast majority of trinis who have no ties to trinbago.

FYI, just like america, most trini are not native to trinidad or have very little history there. for them trinidad was ah way for their parents to escape hardship from the smaller islands and have very little true affinity for the place.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:16:44 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #668 on: February 19, 2013, 05:30:02 AM »
Key man flies out

New Flying Squad fiasco

By Asha Javeed asha.javeed@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Feb 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM ECT
(
Story Updated: Feb 19, 2013 at 7:14 AM ECT )

The man with answers on the existence and operations of a New Flying Squad Investigative Unit (NFSIU), Garvin Heerah, flew out of the country yesterday.

And National Security Minister Jack Warner, who yesterday continued to deny that he knew of the existence of the NFSIU, has requested a report by noon today from Heerah.

The Express learnt that Heerah, director of National Security Operations Centre (NSOC) and a retired Lieutenant Commander of the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard, left Trinidad yesterday morning.

The Express was told that Heerah is bound for Argentina for national security meetings.

Heerah aided former Flying Squad member Mervyn Cordner, who claims to now head the resurrected unit, to procure vehicles and a suitable location for operations when there was no Cabinet approval for the setup of the unit.

He also facilitated meetings with Cordner and for a "civilian" to loan him eight vehicles (station wagons and sedans) for use without payment.

Cordner has produced e-mails from November 2012 to the Express which showed that Heerah had authorised him and team to "continue what they were doing" until they could be called in for a meeting.

The e-mail trail had also quoted Heerah as stating that Wayne Riley, adviser to National Security Minister Jack Warner, was out of the country and when he returned they would have a meeting for "final sign off." In addition, Heerah had been in touch with Rocky Pacheco, an accountant at the Ministry of National Security on Cordner's behalf.

Heerah heads the NSOC which is intended to be the central point from where all national security operations are to be coordinated and from where the National Security Council will receive briefings on national security operations to be chaired by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Heerah's actions are in direct contradiction to Warner's consistent claims that the unit did not exist.

It was Cordner who approached National Security Minister Jack Warner in July 2012 with a proposal to resurrect the unit which had operated in the 1970s and 1980s under former commissioner of police Randolph Burroughs.

Cordner had proposed that he head a 75-member team with a focus on intelligence-based policing. He told the Express that dissatisfied with the pace at which the Ministry was taking to pump money into the operation, they were forced to close shop in December 2012 and returned the vehicles.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Warner maintained that he never gave approval for a revival of the Flying Squad. He admitted to meeting Cordner on two occasions which lasted a total of 60 minutes. He said when Cordner first approached him with the proposal to bring back the unit to fight crime, he took the idea to acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams who immediately dismissed the idea because of the character of the proposed officers.

Warner said the idea never got off the ground because Cordner had questionable credentials and no approval from Williams.

"I can tell you again— there is no contract, no e-mails and I am totally unaware of any house which was rented. I remain perplexed and amazed that Cordner's claims have been given the importance it has with the media to the point of an editorial in today's newspapers (Express editorial). But there are many holes in Cordner's story," he said.

The Express was able to verify that Cordner's doctorate was purchased from a diploma mill.

In all his documents, he refers to himself as Dr Mervyn Cordner. However, the Express learnt that Rochville University sells degrees, diplomas and doctorates for a fee. The Rochville University website does not offer any telephone numbers for contacting it. An email sent by the Express requesting verification of Cordner's doctorate generated a response from "Affordable Degrees."

Warner said that he has asked Heerah to prepare a report on Cordner and the NFSIU to be delivered to him by midday today.

Williams told the Express yesterday that he never supported the idea of reviving the Flying Squad from the word "go". He said he had no dealing with Cordner nor did he have a single meeting with anyone.

Cordner had told the Express that he had been engaged in several operations, one titled "Operation Axala" which involved police officers and members of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force.

Contrary to Cordner's claims that police officers were involved in several operations which he undertook, Williams said no such activity took place.

General of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force, Kenrick Maharaj, also denied any discussions with Cordner or use of his team. He said no request was made for any men nor any authorisation given to support any operation of the alleged NFSIU. He maintained that he has no knowledge of the unit's operations.

Cordner has submitted a claim to the Ministry of National Security for $24 million which he said was incurred over the six-month period—from July to December— during which the unit allegedly operated.

Cordner said he has more documented proof of the Ministry's complicity in the NFSIU but will use it as a base to pursue legal proceedings against Warner for breach of contract with the hope of a $180 million settlement.

When was the last time the Minister Of National Security left Trinbago on a plane or boat or ship the way he use to in times gone by.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:46:46 AM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2013, 05:48:14 AM »
fishes what was martin Joseph's cocoa in the sun?  I want to know... Thanks.

Is the same cocoa all of them make tea from.
 Chinese  ( check out the inmates in the detention center)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:07 AM »
It damn good for all of we.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2013, 06:59:38 AM »

T&T has an extremely flawed judicial and penal system, and that has to change in order to ensure success lowering crime!  first things first, they need lock up the bad cops! them fackers is the catalyst in this runaway train drugs/gun crime.

??? Agree with most of what you posted besides the very last line.
I am patriotic and I am a Trini and I have relatives just as patriotic or even more patriotic than me living in Trinidad which is why they still live there rather than run away like I did!  In fact I salute them! :salute:
Breds, ah patriot is not ah man who is willing to admit that he's ah this or ah that, or a man who wears his national colors proudly or brandishes a national flag @ will, but rather a man who's more than willing to lose his life in the pursuit of freedom and equal rights for ppl and the land that he's tied too.

IMO "most" trinis would not shed ah drop of blood for that land let alone risk their lives to protect it. another thing, this is not about you and other ppl who love their native land, but rather i'm talking about the vast majority of trinis who have no ties to trinbago.

FYI, just like america, most trini are not native to trinidad or have very little history there. for them trinidad was ah way for their parents to escape hardship from the smaller islands and have very little true affinity for the place.
Okay, I see where you are coming from now.
I would like to see the figures to prove that most Trinis are not native to Trinidad & Tobago and so have very little true affinity for the place!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:04:02 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »
Excerpted from the article:

The Express was able to verify that Cordner's doctorate was purchased from a diploma mill.

In all his documents, he refers to himself as Dr Mervyn Cordner. However, the Express learnt that Rochville University sells degrees, diplomas and doctorates for a fee. The Rochville University website does not offer any telephone numbers for contacting it. An email sent by the Express requesting verification of Cordner's doctorate generated a response from "Affordable Degrees."

Ent when it rains it sometimes pours? Cordner, go and stand in de corner wid Hafizool. Watch this baby drown with the bathwater now that your credibility has been put at issue.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
most trinis have little in d way of national pride.........steups if veneveula decided to anex we ass most would go out and get spanish lesson rather than stand and fight............I have even heard trinis say dey would mind if we was made part of d US. other islanders, will leave and go to d states for a better life but I doubt most would talk dat kinda foolishness trinis does talk.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:10:43 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2013, 08:33:56 AM »
cordner have some creditability issues but that flying squad story have some truth in it ,is Jack Warner we talking bout, if you could say cordner is lying why jack not lying too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:06:23 AM by zuluwarrior »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »
Trinis like the fanfare and pageantry of patriotism. We love the vibrant reds and the soca in we blood. I've heard Leroy Clarke describe it as the very opposite of culture, 'the exhaust' in fact. We are obsessed with the facade but fail to grasp the substance of nationalism. The very nature of patriotism is rooted is selfless sacrifice for the collective good. It is the deference of one's immediate personal interest for others in your community. It is the recognition of traditions and heroes and the preservation of those values.

Power was recognized, but dignity was allowed to no one. Every person of eminence was held to be crooked and contemptible. We lived in a society which denied itself heroes.

The Middle Passage, V.S. Naipaul

You don't have to like Naipaul to recognise the truth in this assessment of Trinidad in particular.  Everybody from Dr. Williams to Robinson to even Ato Boldon suffered from this.

The 1990 coup is another testament to our 'patriotism'. Politicians were complicit as they tried to get rid of that wicked Robbie then people looted and plundered their countrymen.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:46:21 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »
Great discussion gentlemen I  :applause: you all.

The problem with crime and tackling crime is rooted in the society & can only be eradicated through connecting the dots. From education, to the elimination & none acceptance of corruption and an adherence to policy, regardless of who or whom is being accused.

Yes we have a gun problem, but we also have a bigger problem of generations who accept corruption as a way of life. All criminal activity must be tackled equally, from illegal parking & traffic laws, to theft, corruption & murder. Don't laugh! Its not just us, many countries have, or had similar problems, those that tackled it successfully made tough hard decisions. Once you start the identification of the corrupt officials, business & high society peoples, then just prosecution & sentencing. You will find that a major chain of command is severed. These are the people with the financial means & contacts to lubricate the organized crime machine. It has a trickle down effect.

Peoples of our Nation want something done about the crime, if so they must accept that ALL will have to make the sacrifice. Jah Gol right, its not about winning the election, it is about governance. However, the people will only accept if they are convinced its "one for all and all for one"  When the peoples see that the law only exist to supress the majority, then you have a major problem.

Once you follow this path & educate our future generations above & beyond the Academic model, you create a society with a different approach, respect and outlook.

Antidote:  here is a very good question thrown out at me by a child. 'Dad if the law states that you cannot drive over 110km, why do they allow cars that operate on the road, to be made, that can travel over 110km?"  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2013, 10:31:04 AM »
cordner have some creditability issues but that flying squad story have some truth in it ,is Jack Warner we talking bout, if you could say cordner is lying why jack not lying too.
That's exactly whats going on. I listened to the Cordner interview yesterday. He has the makings of a snake but Jack isn't innocent either.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 19, 2013, 11:55:50 AM »
We really in a state yes.

A fraud investigating and buss de files of a next fraud. Then asking the general public to decide between who to trust between him and a suma-fraud.

Good grief.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2013, 12:28:19 PM »
Antidote:  here is a very good question thrown out at me by a child. 'Dad if the law states that you cannot drive over 110km, why do they allow cars that operate on the road, to be made, that can travel over 110km?"  ;D

Very easy answer to that question.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 19, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »
I joined in that chorus calling for Martin Joseph to go as I did for Gary Hunt as Sports Minister. Time would reveal that I was wrong on both counts as these men proved to have more class and professionalism than their successors from the UNC et al.

The flag imbroglio aside... I still don't understand the animus that was directed at Hunt. He was the ONLY Sports Minister to stand up to Jack Warner and the TTFF.  Is only now that Jack wash he hands that Anil trying to act like he find he balls.

...i'm talking about the vast majority of trinis who have no ties to trinbago.

Specious nonsense.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
Just heard on the news 2 policemen was shot in San Fernando  .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
Wtf!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
Just heard on the news 2 policemen was shot in San Fernando  .
So police getting shot now!
I won't be surprised if these clueless people press the panic button again and call another SOE as it has been their only temporarily effect crime reduction measure so far since thay have been in power.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:35:06 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 19, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »
I joined in that chorus calling for Martin Joseph to go as I did for Gary Hunt as Sports Minister. Time would reveal that I was wrong on both counts as these men proved to have more class and professionalism than their successors from the UNC et al.

The flag imbroglio aside... I still don't understand the animus that was directed at Hunt. He was the ONLY Sports Minister to stand up to Jack Warner and the TTFF.  Is only now that Jack wash he hands that Anil trying to act like he find he balls.

...i'm talking about the vast majority of trinis who have no ties to trinbago.

Specious nonsense.
How so??

how many trinis could claim that they have more than 100 yrs of history and ancestral ties to trinidad other than pure blooded indians?

in the 1910s hispanic migrant workers came here to work the coco plantation in places like tamana, santa flora, rio claro, santa cruz and st joseph, around the same time the syrians and lebonese started coming in the hundreds,

then the grenadians, the mertiniqans, vincentions, st lucians started coming to trinidad seeking employment bc of the industrial south land that had newly joined the industrial revolution. T&T went from a mild plantocracy to the industrial giants of the caribbean basin in the 1920s.

soon after the bajans start arriving in their numbers, amongst the migrants were also "black americans" who worked in the oil fields. we also saw a resergence of grenadians and vincentions in the 50s and 60s after independence making their way to trinidad seeking employment opportunity.

sorry to break it to you but when the british took trinidad from the french and the spaniards there were ah little more than 30,000 ppl in total on the island and half were slaves.

the british then reached out to other capitalist (plantation owners) in the british and french west indies offering them land and tax incentives to come to trinidad and invest in the sugar cane industry.

my point being, while jamaica and barbados had hundreds of thousand of slaves, trinidad and guyana barely grossed around 10,000 slaves, and this only changed in the earl 1800s when after the british took trinidad from the spaniards, and plantation owners from the other colonies brought their labor force there, which still didn't amount to much,

and even after the abolition our population was scarce in comparison to even little barbados and tobago, it's only after the turn of the century did the population climbed, which obviously means that there was an influx into trinidad in the early 1900s, like i said before, jews, lebonese, chinese, syrians hispanics from vene and other caribbean islanders came in droves.

these ppl have less than a 100yrs history on the island, and they came there with their hand swinging looking for a better life, so what kind of affinity they have to trinidad? just look @ the indians, they were there the longest of most ppl who came there and even they have more affinity to india than trinidad.   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:26:37 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 19, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »
Today i was listening a radio talk show, a lady then a man called both of them very emotional, they was

asking the listeners how long they are willing to go along with this government  and their non performance .

You could hear like the lady about to cry ,she was saying we have to stop them ,we must stop them they
are destroying our country.

I do not see this government lasting
5yrs either they call elections or the people would rise up and move them ,people cant take them any more .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 19, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
Worse government evah!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »
Crime is at an acceptable level.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 19, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »
Allyuh really feel Kamla that stupid. Kamla eh Patrick. We will see this gov't thru 5 yrs. While allyuh think this is the "worse gov't" ever, the UNC supporters think she is the best thing that ever happen to TT. So ban allyuh belly and take the jammin. Like I said before I don't see any govt making a difference in the murder rate. Until the people of the areas affected take a stand, that is when we will see a change. I myself don't have any solutions. The people from the areas who wreaking havoc on they own  have no concience and  they will not listen to what you or I have to say. They will kill you. So let them dead fuss.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 19, 2013, 10:36:08 PM »
And now for something completely different....

Robber killed with own gun during robbery
Published:
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Derek Achong

"A 25-year-old robber was shot and killed with his own gun during a botched robbery of a taxi driver and his passengers in Chaguanas yesterday afternoon. According to reports, shortly after midday Dereck Spencer, 37, of Couva, was plying his Nissan B14 car for hire between Couva and Chaguanas.

Spencer told police he picked up his wife and a male commuter in Couva and two more women in Chase Village. Spencer’s wife was seated in the front passenger seat while the man and the two women sat in the back seat.

As the car approached Edinburgh Village, the man drew a gun and threatened the two woman passengers who were in the back seat with him. He then robbed them of their cellphones and jewelry.

Police said the man then pointed the gun at Spencer’s wife at which point Spencer stopped the car, drew a small kitchen knife and began struggling with the robber for the gun. He later told police he kept the knife in the car for protection after he and his fellow taxi drivers were robbed several times in the past. 

During the struggle, investigators said, the gun went off, shooting the robber in his forehead. He died on the scene and was identified by his mother as Ibrahim Bourne, of Crown Street, Enterprise, Chaguanas. Bourne was well known to police and had a criminal record which included armed robberies.

Investigators found Bourne’s gun, which was taken to the Forensic Science Centre, St James, for ballistic testing to determine if the gun had been used in other shooting incidents in central Trinidad.

An autopsy will also be done on his body today. Spencer was questioned by investigators and was later released as police believe he acted in self-defence. Spencer, his wife and the other passengers escaped without physical injury but up to late last night were said to be still traumatised.

Senior Supt Deodath Doolarchan, Supt Johnny Abraham and Insp Wayne Lawrence visited the scene and are investigating. "

This robber performed a public service by shooting a criminal in the head. Talk about self-sacrifice!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:42:42 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>