Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 183045 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official..NO MORE JACK!
« Reply #840 on: April 24, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »

If it was 1995-2001 I would claim inexperience but these jokers were in power b4 so no excuse. They just plain clueless classless. 

Fixed it for you ;)

Is both clueless and classless.
I actually don't think that they are clueless. They are a lot more calculating and cunning than we give them credit for. It's their blatant lust for corruption that makes them classless and dangerous.

Clueless as it relates to running a country. They probably 2 busy tiefin but nutten eh happenin 2 run a country. Cabinet notes eh being written so the business of state can happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 26, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
In His Own Words
Story Created: Apr 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/In-His-Own-Words-204790271.html

“In my meeting last Sunday, I had advised the Prime Minister of my  thinking on this matter. I also did tell her that I will want to contest  the by-election as a UNC Candidate for the Chaguanas West seat as I  am UNC to the bone.

And as such, with events having unfolded as they are to this point, I  wish to let you know that tomorrow, Friday, I would be advising the  Speaker of the House of Representatives that effective midnight on  Friday night I am resigning as Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West.

Section 69 (3) of the Constitution of the Republic of Tobago states that  where a vacancy arises in the House of Representatives within the first  four years of the life of the Parliament a by-election shall be held to  fill such vacancy not later than 90 days from the date of the  announcement of the vacancy by the Speaker.

Ninety days from April 25, 2013 will be July 24 2013 and who knows  with luck, love and your support, Jack Warner will be back. I know  many of you are still crying and I too as well am crying but from inside  where it is even more painful. The Prime Minister in our meeting last  Sunday even suggested that even if I do offer myself up for re-election  I shall win and with your help and support, I too do feel so.

Then together – hand in hand – we shall set right all the wrongs that  have been committed. We shall work together to strengthen our UNC  and our government and ensure that the people are truly always the  first to be served – and that they are served with dignity.

On Saturday a new office sign goes up to replace the Chaguanas  West MP sign and then the by-election campaign starts. I will still  continue to see people from all walks of life, all over the country, from  all walks of life, all over the country, from 1.30 to 5.30 on Saturday. However please be advised that it may take a little longer to achieve success since I will no longer be a Member of Parliament but many of my former Cabinet colleagues have  assured me that nothing will change.

On Friday May 24th 2013, a new weekly newspaper shall be launched – Sunshine Newspaper – designed to bring a new hope into your lives.

And come July 24th 2013 who knows, with your love, your support and your understanding, I shall be your MP again.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 26, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »
He is hoping to use parliament to slander ppl left, right and centre. :bs: :bs:

By declaring his seat vacant, he won't be sent to the privileges committee and he also can't be sued. I feel this is the reason for this particular move. I hope that I am wrong.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner General Section Thread.
« Reply #843 on: April 30, 2013, 02:34:06 AM »
Will Jack create history?

It seems as if the UNC hierarchy has had enough of Jack and may not nominate him as the candidate for Chaguanas West.

If this happens knowing Jack's personality he may quite likely run as an independant.
 Jack in the last election got over 19000 votes to the PNM candidates 1200.

If he does run, will he create history by being the first independant since independance not to lose his deposit and Jacket  and win the seat?

How will he use this to his benefit?

Or will he migrate to Qatar or Russia?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:07:28 AM by Flex »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will Jack create history?
« Reply #844 on: April 30, 2013, 04:18:35 AM »
... He already created history. And these days he creating "his story" fairly frequently.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #845 on: April 30, 2013, 05:06:51 AM »
One thing i know for sure his appointment with the boggie man is real and he would not escape that.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 30, 2013, 06:26:52 AM »
It seems as if the UNC hierarchy has had enough of Jack and may not nominate him as the candidate for Chaguanas West.

Are you speculating or have you heard something?  :beermug:

AirMan

« Reply #847 on: April 30, 2013, 06:56:21 AM »
I still believe one day he will run for PM. Age will not stand in his way

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Will Jack create history?
« Reply #848 on: April 30, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »

He will not win though
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 30, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »

He will not win though

don't be so quick to say so. one must consider that the sentiments here in regards to jw may not be the same with the general population. i wouldn't put doubt that we could even see him in the pnm.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 30, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »

He will not win though

don't be so quick to say so. one must consider that the sentiments here in regards to jw may not be the same with the general population. i wouldn't put doubt that we could even see him in the pnm.

The General population as far as i have seen does not support Warner only his supporters. He would still need to get more votes than UNC and PNM. Dont see that happening. Assuming he forms his own party
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 01, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »
I think most people either fall into two categories:

1) Outright disgust for Warner
2) Willingness to tolerate

As an aside to (2) there are those who see him as doing no wrong....and those who may acknowledge he may have done wrong but "he does get tings done" blah blah blah.

And it a much larger pool of people than many people care to admit. And my stance on Jack Warner known long time.

So...what could or would happen in my view?

He outlived his UNC usefulness and its known. They may try to cast him aside.....but the consequences of that remain to be seen.

Would he be returned as the candidate? Not likely in my view..especially given statements by Moonilal and KPB.

Would he succeed as an independent? It possible....and then again...would or could it matter in the context of a bye election? 28-12-1 isnt a threat to the government. Would it matter in 2 years when the next General Elections due? Well in my view thats where it gets interesting.

It hardly likely that the PNM expects to win this seat..and even if they do its only for now. So this is a straight battle between UNC and Warner. Winning the seat may give him wider political mileage...and then possibly form his own party. How widely accepted would a Warner party be? I hope not..but....sadly....there seems to be enough people with the thinking that would be willing to take a chance with that.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 01, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
I hope not..but....sadly....there seems to be enough people with the thinking that would be willing to take a chance with that.

Yes boy, it sad, confuffling, maddening and worrisome all rolled into one......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 01, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »
Home
Warner’s ‘candidacy’ puts UNC in a monkey pants
Published: Wednesday, May 1, 2013Tony Fraser
Text Size:  12px 14px 16px 18px 20px 22px Tony Fraser
Published: Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
Jack Warner’s intention to contest his own by-election will pose for the United National Congress one of its biggest challenges in the after-wash of the Warner-Concacaf-resignation-firing affair. Can the UNC accept Warner’s return candidacy, having ditched him as someone allegedly internationally tainted by corruption?

“How it go look” if the UNC were to agree to put a candidate in the Parliament, who, by the acceptance of the Prime Minister of the Warner resignation, implicitly and tacitly agreed with the findings and conclusions of the Sir David Simmons Integrity Committee report? If the party endorses Warner’s candidacy it will automatically disqualify it from being an advocate of transparency, integrity in public life and all the other accepted high standards of behaviour its leadership usually swears by in the public arena.

Further, if the UNC were to bow to the pressure of Warner to have him reinstated through its screening process, that would surely demonstrate publicly that Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar, notwithstanding her recent protest to the contrary, is a supplicant of Warner, afraid that he could “buss ah mark.”

But there are no easy options for the political leader and her cabal. If Warner’s candidacy, which he says the prime minister already agreed to and according to him, told him that “I shall win,” is blocked, he can even more fundamentally impact the UNC.

If he is rejected by the UNC screening committee, Warner can easily get his constituents to urge him to contest the by-election as an independent. It would be a numbing political blow for the UNC if Warner were to contest as an independent and win a UNC heartland seat against a candidate of the party.

That would amount to an “outsider,” one who is not organically linked to the UNC core, waltzing into ancestral territory and spanking the party’s hierarchy; no amount of spin-doctoring will heal such a wound, and on the eve of local government polls with national elections just a deep political breath away.

But then again, because of the complex factors involved on all sides in this Machiavellian drama, it is possible for Warner to be persuaded by the weight of plots and counter-plots to go quietly and plant rice in Todd’s Road or wherever he has an open field.

But given his mercurial nature, or as described by the Court for Sport Arbitration, as an individual whose statements and actions “are marked by manifest and frequent inconsistency,” the former MP could call another Straight Talk session, this time with total focus on the “lurkers” to speak frankly about those who “continue to be consumed by hatred for each other as we (in the party) have practised in the past.”

Nonetheless, to endorse Warner’s candidacy yield would allow Warner re-entry to the UNC MP fold and open the party to serious division and destabilisation as he Warner will assuredly seek “hand in hand (with his constituents of Chaguanas West) to set right all the wrongs that have been committed.”

They (the leadership of the UNC) must all be quite aware of the capacity of Warner to influence dramatic change in the party. It was he, Warner, who did what many desired but did not have the testicular fortitude and political savvy to undertake, that is to get rid of Basdeo Panday from the party he created.

It was Warner who formed one part of the “Ram-Jack” demolition squad that carried out the palace coup on Panday, placed Kamla in charge, overnight rescued this “woman no cry” from being trampled upon by the bull elephants and performed the eventual coup de grace—political leader of a five-party coalition and Prime Minister of T&T.

That is bewildering, heady stuff even for a man whose political teeth were cut in Fifa, which we know is not a Sunday school. The message must be to the Prime Minister and her cabal (and one million denials of its existence will not change that) that they are tangling with an enemy not short of resources, political grassroots support and inventiveness. 

But maybe the UNC cabal is placing bets and some governmental resources on an option that will free it for good of the Warner factor. What if, from the corridors of government, there is assistance to international authorities who may want to have a word with Austin Jack Warner on a few of the matters contained in the Concacaf Integrity Committee report?

That would be the ideal and there are doubtless many at the highest level in the UNC and in government hoping for, perhaps even deliberately working towards, engendering it into reality. Such a possible outcome would immediately free the UNC from having to decide on Warner as a possible candidate and would lend credence to the Prime Minister’s decision to accept the resignation of her great political benefactor.

Three months is an eternity in politics; more so given the dynamic nature of the matters involved and the fact that the only portion of the iceberg (usually the far smaller portion of the whole) is so far visible.
ColumnistPrevious Article
Be careful which IPL team you supportNext Article
Jazzing up Tobago.

.Disclaimer

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »
i wouldn't put doubt that we could even see him in the pnm.

I don't see that happening. But I eh living in TT, so I don't know what Jumbi umbrella Trini eating.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 01, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
Jack has his own script and it going to plan.The key is if the UNC could convince the electorate it distance itself from him because you know de PNM using this for the next general election. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »
You all keep forgetting the US government has him under investigation. Im not sure he will come out of that one if formally charged.
Youtube Channel

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2013, 12:54:21 AM »
Bas: Kamla can’t put back Jack
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: May 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM ECT

(Story Updated: May 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM ECT )

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar would be contradicting herself if she allows former Government minister Jack Warner to contest the Chaguanas West by-election.

Former prime minister and ex-leader of the United National Congress (UNC) Basdeo Panday, speaking with the Express by phone yesterday, said that he could not see how Persad-Bissessar and the party could agree to Warner running for the seat as he has not yet cleared his name.

Persad-Bissessar and the UNC executive are scheduled to meet today at Rienzi Complex, Couva to discuss the issue.

Panday noted that the Prime Minister accepted Warner’s resignation following a Concacaf Integrity Committee report which found that he was fraudulent in his management of the entity during his presidency.

Warner’s move to resign as the Chaguanas West MP, said Panday, was a game of distraction.

“It seems to me that what he’s (Warner) trying to do really is to divert attention away from all these allegations that are being made against him, but the party is in a quandary because as far as I am aware from reading the papers the political leader has said she accepted his resignation because of the Concacaf report,” said Panday.

“If that is the case I don’t know how she can agree that he contest the by-election on a UNC ticket, I think that will be a contradiction if they do that,” he added.

Questioned on whether he believes the people of Chaguanas West would be loyal to party or to person, Panday said the electorate will soon decide.

However, he noted that when Warner received an overwhelming 19,000 votes in the 2010 general election, the people voted for party.

“They certainly were loyal to party because at that time Warner was not very well known either for good or bad,” said Panday.

Panday said he did not think that Warner has enough support to re-win the seat.

“What Mr Warner has around him is a group that feeds off his trough and those are the people who always come out and rally around and so on. I don’t know if that is enough to win an election, I don’t think so,” said Panday.

The Chaguanas West seat, said Panday, will be one to watch.

“The PNM will be putting up somebody, there will be independents, Chaguanas West has been a very volatile seat really and its composition has changed a lot over the years and anything can happen in Chaguanas,” said Panday.

He added that it was clear that the Prime Minister recognised that this country’s reputation was being damaged internationally and nationally over the continuous negative reports with respect to Warner’s tenure as Concacaf president and FIFA vice-president.

The Express understands that the UNC was looking at other candidates who can put up a fight against Warner to reclaim the seat.

Questioned on whether his daughter Mickela, former Oropouche West MP, was contacted, Panday said he was not aware and as far as he was concerned she is a “fiercely independent young woman who will make her own decisions”.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
Well if he wins his seat, it may open up the avenues for more independents to run come election time-  This may not be a bad thing as it could lead to better representation.

PNM have real belly if they accept warner, but mind u, pnmites done calling in on radio and 'feeling sorry' for jack as a black man getting sidelined from the UNC.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Lol black crook
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
Well if he wins his seat, it may open up the avenues for more independents to run come election time-  This may not be a bad thing as it could lead to better representation.

PNM have real belly if they accept warner, but mind u, pnmites done calling in on radio and 'feeling sorry' for jack as a black man getting sidelined from the UNC.
If PNM even entertain the idea of accepting Jack Warner as a candidate then they are on a road to political suicide after all the recent gains.
Jack Warner should be put out to pasture and does not belong in politics or football.
Someone should bring Jack a Jackass so he can ride off into the sunset with whatever dignity he has left!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:21:46 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 02, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »
Serious campaign in progress already
https://www.facebook.com/jackwarnertt

good luck  ::)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 04, 2013, 06:55:38 AM »
UNC rejects Jack for by-election
Vasant tipped for seat...

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/UNC-rejects-Jack--for-by-election-206052071.html

By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: May 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM ECT

Jack Warner will be standing alone in his bid to be re-elected as the Chaguanas West MP.

The by-election in Chaguanas West is set to be a heated one as former government minister and United National Congress (UNC) chairman Warner will not receive party approval to re-contest and will have to go it as an independent candidate.

Party sources told the Express yesterday that Trade Minister Vasant Bharath, who is also an adviser to the UNC executive, is being considered to run for the by-election, following Warner’s resignation as MP on April 26.

Bharath, who is on official business in Guyana, told the Express he was not aware of this and he has not been approached.

However, when asked if he would accept if requested, Bharath said he was certain the best decisions in the interest of the par­ty and the people will be made.

Warner, in a brief interview with the Express, said he preferred to speak tomorrow when he officially launches his re-election campaign.

Warner will kick off his campaign with a motorcade starting at 1 p.m at the Caroni Bird Sanctuary, followed by a public meeting in Felicity.

While the Chaguanas West constituency executive and hundreds of constituents came out in full force and support of War­ner last week Thursday at a public meeting in Pierre Road, Fe­­li­city, it remains to be seen whe­ther the show of strength will continue.

Sources told the Express that correspondence and communication went out, informing activists and supporters, as well as constituency executives, MPs and party members, to distance themselves from Warner’s campaign.

On Thursday, the UNC executive, led by Prime Minister and UNC political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, held a meeting at Rienzi Complex, Couva, to discuss the issue.

Sources told the Express that concerns were raised about War­­ner re-contesting the seat on a UNC ticket, given the fact that his name was not yet cleared on matters pertaining to his tenure at football bodies FIFA and Concacaf.

Warner resigned as National Security Minister and UNC party chairman, as well as Chaguanas West MP, following the disclosure of a Concacaf integrity committee report in Panama which found he was fraudulent in his management of Concacaf as the organisation’s president.

Warner, at his public meeting in Felicity last week, had already hinted he was prepared to go it alone should he not get the support of the UNC.

In a clear anticipation of rejection by party authorities to contest the seat for the UNC, War­ner’s advertisement campaign has now excluded the party logo and colours.

The Express understands that disciplinary action can be taken against Warner should he run as an independent candidate.

It would be a breach if the party approves one candidate to contest the seat and another par­ty member challenges that candidate.

The Express was told that War­ner will continue with his campaign and is determined to maintain his representation of the people of Chaguanas West.

In 2010, Warner received an overwhelming 19,000 votes for the Chaguanas West seat in the general election, the highest obtained.

Another bone of contention is the signal by the Congress of the People (COP) that they, too, desire to contest the Chaguanas West seat.

The COP has its party operations centre based in Charlieville.

On Wednesday, former prime minister and ex-UNC leader Basdeo Panday told the Express it would be a contradiction if Persad-Bissessar and the UNC exec­utive allow Warner to contest the Chaguanas West by-election as his resignations as minister and party chairman were accepted by the Prime Minister, following the Concacaf report against him.

The Chaguanas West constituency seat will officially be declared vacant by House Speaker Wade Mark when Parliament sits next Friday.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 04, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
jack is in for a rude awakening when he runs as an independent

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #865 on: May 04, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
UNC rejects Jack for by-election
Vasant tipped for seat...

buh.. "I am UNC!" https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151358081951780

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 05, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »
Like leaders with the initials J have a blind faithful following. See Jim Jines----- It appears many in Trinidad have drunk the Kool aid administered by another leader with the initial J; Now they have  dedicated their souls to the order of the 'ASSES' with the prefix of their leader's name ahead of the order.

Some would proclaim him a 'legendary figure in the guise of a Robin Hood some would also say that Satan followers  are acceptable. However it never ceases to amaze me that there is a blind adoration for leaders who are ethically  detached, morally questionable and blatantly manipulative of the ignorant masses.

What lessons are we imparting on our youths when they are seeing that to be a leader one can live a lie, cheat and  support others as long as before the law you don't get caught. PEOPLE WAKE UP WAKE UP.

Then again if one lives in a den of thieves and  thrives on their support then long live the biggest crook of them all.!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 06, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 06, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

ENTTTTT

Actually.

He might win.

Nothing really at stake for the seat...the result of this election doh matter rather than give leverage to the winner.

If it was a general election and the tribal base being stoked....well.....then.....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 06, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »

ENTTTTT

Actually.

He might win.

Nothing really at stake for the seat...the result of this election doh matter rather than give leverage to the winner.

If it was a general election and the tribal base being stoked....well.....then.....

I think it will have some big bacchanal.

If Jack dont get picked by UNC and he run as an independant then the UNC will have to expel him.

If Jack get expel from the UNC he not going to take it lightly, in response the UNC or PP goverment will go after him with all the corruption issues.

Or on the other hand they could explain to him the consequences if he continue the course an give him a post of industrial court judge or something.

I like the first doh looking forward to the PP bacchanal

1]; } ?>