Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 183852 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A Jack Warner classic
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
By George!

"If I have erred for some reason, I would be the first to tell the Prime Minister 'I am sorry', apologise, and go and plant peas in Tobago. I have no problem with that. No office is too big ... for me to demit," Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner declared yesterday, as he addressed questions on the impasse between himself and the Caribbean Airlines board.

Warner said the country would lose the $10.8 million it paid down on the ATR deal if it does not go through. It would also affect the country's international reputation, he said.

"If we were to even go to court on it, we may have a serious matter to answer," he said during an interview on CNC3, adding that all this was not necessary.

Warner said his information from the experts indicated that the $1.2 billion ATR deal was still the best one. He said there was no room for further discussion with the George Nicholas III-led board.

"The board as presently composed, there is no room. And I will not allow myself to be further insulted by Mr Nicholas or Mr (Alan) Clovis," he said, adding that no board should be a runaway horse.

Asked what would be his position if the board does not step down, Warner said: "I would want the process to evolve. Let's see what happens. I am not trying to put any undue pressure on the Government or (Prime Minister) Mrs Persad-Bissessar. Let the process evolve."

Giving some background to the conflict between himself and the Caribbean Airline board, Warner said at meeting, which he held with the board, it was agreed that the ATR deal was the best one. He said the ministry team, Civil Aviation and CAL supported this deal. He said at the meeting, Alan Clovis, the Tobago representative on the board, was the one who raised the issue of the Bombardier aircraft, which was contrary to all the Tobago advice that he (Warner) had received. He said he told Clovis he could not talk about safety and airlines unless he had evidence.

"I said, 'Does anybody have anything else to add? Does anybody have anything new to say?' Nobody said anything. I said, 'Okay, if that is the case, it is now quarter to ten, I am going to Cabinet. That deal must close by tomorrow. Mr Brunton, (speaking) as the line minister, you are free to sign the deal,' which I could have said even before the board was appointed. This is quarter to ten. By 11 o'clock Mr Brunton was fired. And he was fired so that he wouldn't be able to sign the agreement (for the purchase of the ATRs."

He said Brunton was fired after he (Brunton) left that meeting and was on his way to Piarco.

"And I would say that in any court of law," Warner said.

Warner said when he told Brunton in the presence of board members that he could sign the deal, there was "not one dissenting voice. Mr Nicholas said not one single thing".

"So here am I in Cabinet. I get a text (message) saying 'Brunton was fired'. I say, "By whom?' They say by 'Mr Nicholas'. They don't say by the board, but by Mr Nicholas," Warner continued.

He said this was not how one should do things, especially since Brunton took CAL from a bankrupt airline to one with a cash reserve of $139 million in the bank.

"And a board comes in and within 18 days, fires him, without due process. It is the worse form of industrial relations I have seen," Warner added.

Warner said on a daily basis the rift between the himself and the CAL board was getting wider and wider. "And they fail to do the honourable thing," he said.

He said this matter could not be kept "hush-hush" since it would determine how other boards would act. He noted 99 per cent of the board appointees have no history or experience of how a board should be run.

"In the case of ministers of Government, we can't spend a nickel of taxpayers' money without Cabinet approval. How could boards who have to account for billions of dollars don't have to account to the line minister for it? So if you ask me what the QC (Andrew Mitchell who has been retained by the board) cost CAL, I don't know. And that is taxpayers' money," he said.

"Why wasn't I consulted when they were taking a top-class English lawyer?"

Now...dis might seem strange eh..buh....I kinda leaning to Jack side with dis. De fact is..running an airline is not something you could put any arbitrary person to do. The man's track record shows he's handling it well. Dis is ranking dotishness by de board in my view.

Buh on a side note..how come

Warner said the country would lose the $10.8 million it paid down on the ATR deal if it does not go through. It would also affect the country's international reputation, he said.

"If we were to even go to court on it, we may have a serious matter to answer," he said during an interview on CNC3, adding that all this was not necessary.

Is a problem now..but it wasnt with the OPV's? Ent de OPV's cost more? We reputation wasnt affected then?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The Jack Awards 2010
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »
Disclaimer:  This is a post made by a facebook member Philip Edward Alexander.  Any resemblance to me or my thoughts are purely coincidental.  The views of the poster do not reflect the views or opinions of the Staff, moderators or posters of this website.  For Entertainment and thought only. 

Because it would not be Christmas without pageantry, we had to make sure and get our cake and juice on in time for the holidays.

For those of you who are scratching your heads and wondering what are 'the Jack Awrds, first do something for the itchy scalp and then read this:

Hot on the heels of the May 24th General Elections, Deosaran Bisnath and GOPIO (the Global Organization Of People of Indian Origin) decided to prove their exceptional Indian-ness by hosting an 'All Indian All the Time' award show (to the complete embarrassment of upstanding people of East Indian origin everywhere) to celebrate Indian people that they thought deserved a nothing award, a slice of cake and some juice.

Right there and then 'we' (the Organization of Semi Worthwhile and Distracting Events) knew we also wanted to do a 'Nothing Award' show complete with cake and juice too, but could not decide what to call it.

Then providence stepped in in the form of then HNIC Austin Jack Warner; in July of 2010, (then) Acting Prime Minister HNIC Austin Jack Warner, in his version of a 'Papa Doc' routine for the willing news cameras, promised a little boy who was kidnapped and who found his own way out of the forest a FIFA watch and a National Award for bravery. This offer understandably caused some furor in a place not known for public outcry, and when he realized his offer had backfired (and instead of looking magnanimous and Prime Ministerial he was in fact looking foolish), did a little 'two step' back pedal and said it wasn't a NATIONAL Award he meant, which made everyone who saw him on the evening news and in the papers the day before say 'huh?'

Which got us thinking that what he must have meant was a 'Jack Award', and so the Jack Awards were born.

Winners get a slice of cake, a glass of warm juice and a Jack Award.

The following people are nominated in no particular order for making a grand mess in the past thirty days, highlighted here because of their being active in the community and of such stature as to be able to be recognized in a crowd.

Louis Lee Sing

Nominated in multiple Categories this month, Louis Louis is working hard at getting everyone to love him. Famous for his 'Can't we all just get along' speech, this man is a shoe in for the Humanitarian of the Year Award.

Watson Duke

In his call to boycott Syrians because Indians not giving his Africans a raise, Duke also promised to stop eating 'char su kai fan' if somebody doesn't sponsor him a better megaphone and a hat.

He is nominated in the 'Social Relevance' Category.

Devant Maharaj

Believing himself all-powerful now that indians are in charge, 'bus driver to the stars' Devant decided to organize a crack team of three loyalists to challenge MATT (The Media Association of Trinidad & Tobago) for supremacy in the fight for the souls of journalists everywhere. Realizing that journalists aren't all that bothered about their souls in the first place, the move quickly fizzled and now the executive meet on Wednesday for drinks and reminisce about the good times.

Devant is again nominated in the 'Longer than the Red House Fire' Category.

MATT

Hot on the heels of a semi-comatose internal election, the new MATT executive promised sweeping changes throughout the profession. Following this highly charged revelation, MATT members (questioned after the election) were heard asking where they were going for lunch.

MATT is nominated in the 'Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed' Category.

Deosaran Bisnath & GOPIO

Recurring Nominee in the 'Racism 4 Shizzle My Nizzle' Category, GOPIO seems to know how to get it's 'Indian' on. Can I get a whoo whoo?

No? How about just one whoo then?

Selwyn Cudjoe & NAEAP

Not to be outdone by Deo and the girls, Selwyn is also a recurring nominee in this hotly contested category. Demonstrating a super power that allows him to be silent and invisible when the PNM is in power, Selwyn sent a message to Deo "Bring it Muther F**ker". He was last seen 'getting on with his bad self' at a Chutney dance in Central.

Kamla Persad Bissessar

Nominated in both the 'Clueless in Seattle' and the 'Where are We' Categories, Kams (as she is affectionately known by bar staff everywhere) has made many noteworthy contributions, none more than the one where she adamantly declared that the SIA was now firmly under the control of the Commissioner of Police.

The Commissioner denied any such control, knowledge or other involvement in the Government's bacchanal, and needless to say there was egg on the face on the menu for everyone.

Herbert Volney

Retired Justice Volney caused a national stir when he told of secret break in's by Israeli operatives to steal the sensitive SIA files, which, while receiving national media attention, turns out to be just another example of why he is so 'huggable.'

Nominated in the 'Drunk Uncle Telling Stories' Category for the third month in a row, he may very well get a glass of juice in December.

Dwayne Gibbs

Becoming more Trini everyday, dragon slayer, crime fighter and killer margarita maker Gibbs was quick to distance himself from Kamla's and Volneys utterances on the SIA matter. Famous now for his 'deer in the headlight' stare into the camera, blue eyed boy Gibbs was not waiting for no cock to crow to deny knowledge of any such thing.

Nominated in both the 'Imbert-I Knows Not the Man' and the 'Tek in Front before In Front Tek You' categories.

Roodal Moonilal

Anointed heir apparent to the Prime Minister in a virtual sea of apparent heirs, Roodal has become quite talented at taking much credit while never actually doing anything himself. Ostensibly chosen by Kams to keep Jack and Winston from clawing each other's eyes out, lovable Roody is getting mad media handing out houses all over the place as Minister of Housing, while never actually having built a single house himself.

Glen Ramadhar Singh

Responding to the people's cry for something like a fuctioning Social Development Ministry, Ramma the Jamma immediately launched his 'Child Abuse World Tour' complete with props and pistons to get nothing done. Promising a 24 hour hotline, he quickly jumped into bed with Mary Moonan, who some say has a hot line of her own.

With the Government now picking up the tab, Childline was finally able to hire operators to actually answer the calls for help.

Also nominated in the 'Clueless in Seattle' category.

Jack Warner/George Nicholas

For bringing their on again off again bro-mance into the full view of a squeamish public, Jack and George spilled out of the closet and into the world of made for TV novellas. RIpe with speculation as to who's doing who, this story has everything including planes, trains and automobiles.

Nominated jointly for the 'Aretha Franklin R.E.S.P.E.C.T.' Category, the boys are working hard at bringing satin back.

Fellas, get a room.

Gregory Aboud

Behaving like the consumate upper class gentleman that he isn't, Gregory Aboud seems to get whiter everyday. Proving that money can make your farts smell like ice cream, Gregs has been farting pistachio and orange pine around the Mayor's Office since he was appointed. Head of DOMA for life, he is a practicing democrat as long as those pesky natives behave themselves.

For forgetting where his people came from in his mad rush to 'class up' himself, Mr.Aboud is nominated for the 'Adolf Whey You At Bro' Category.

Nizam Mohammed

Stopped for a traffic violation, head of the Police Service Commission and lifetime member of the Hair Club for Men Nizam 'put me on the invitation list' Mohammed, demonstrated why people continue to love him so much.

Dressing down the young Officer who had the audacity to stop him for breaking the law and ignoring the instructions of a police officer on duty, Nizam proceeded to dial the direct line of none other than the Commissioner of Police in an attempt to up his street 'cred' in the hood.

When the Commissioner hit 'ignore' on the call, Nizam had no choice but to drive away in an angry huff.

Nizam is nominated in the 'Bald is Beautiful 2' Category.

Anand Ramlogan

For his magnaminous role in keeping Ish & Steve from the clutches of Uncle Sam perpetually, Anand is nominated in the 'Mother Therersa' Category.

Piloting many Bills in Parliament that some say would have kept him busy as a Defense lawyer. Anand is also nominated in the 'Teenie Weenie Super Guy' Category.

Anil Roberts

Forcing the Speaker to hit him a 'Full Nelson,' 'Half Nelson' and a 'Round the House' takedown, Parliamentary bad boy for life Anil Roberts has been sent before the Privileges Committee for being 'Too Gangsta for the House.'

Called on his statement to Parliament by Opposition Bad Boy Amery Browne for having lied to the Parliament regarding the obscene contents of his 'Nicky Minaj State Sponsored Child Abuse' Concert, Anil was seen breathing quiet fire as he faced his nemesis in the House.

Anil is nominated in the 'Dutty Love' Category.

Keith Rowley

For putting his mouth in Warner and Nicholas' business, Rowley demonstrates once again why it looks like he wants to be in the People's Partnership too.

Not content to deal with PNM issues, the Leader of the Opposition is doing everything but leading the Opposition, leaving the door open for anyone from Manning to the car park attendant at Balisier House to challenge for the position.

Dr. Rowley is nominated in the 'Ralph Gonsalves - I in Everybody Business' Category

Credits:

The Jack Award is made of recycled chicken parts at KFC Laventille, is completely 'green' and eco friendly.

The Jack Awards are brought to you by former CLICO subsidiary - Dewey, Cheathem, & Howe and by Malaysian Construction Firm led by Sherrine Hart - So-suemee Limited.

The Jack Awards is not affiliated to any other award show both living and dead, and any resemblance between this show and any other would surprise us all.

All participants and Nominees have been pre-screened for Bird Flu, Swine Flu and Foofanoo.

All winners will receive their full slice of cake and glass of juice through the mail courtesy of TTPOST.

The Jack Awards will one day have its own ceremony complete with press and red carpet, dedicated to those who excel  at 'cocking' up epically on the national stage.

We plan to monitor the news, and bring you a Jack Awards function as regularly as the remaining Freedom of Speech allows.

The Jack Awards is an equal opportunity offender, and whoever is in Government, Opposition, State Appointees and/or receiving State funds under false pretenses will be nominated.

The Government of the people is supposed to work for the people, in the service of the people, and while firing them takes a little time, we can expose them for who and what they really are.

If you're a blind Party supporter, a racist, a biased Journalist, a corrupt public Official or a 'doh care' public servant, for reducing the quality of life in our nation, there is a Jack Award for you.

If you take yourself too seriously be careful, you can never tell if there's a Jack Award in your future too.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Warner: I've done more than my predecessors
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:11 AM »
Warner: I've done more than my predecessors

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Warner__I_ve_done_more_than_my_predecessors-112785454.html

Government Minister Jack Warner has said that during his seven months in office, he has successfully delivered more to people in the country than any of his predecessors.

Warner spoke to the Express yesterday at his Arouca home, where he held a luncheon for the media.

Warner listed some of his successes since he became Works and Transport Minister.

"These seven months have, in many ways, been rewarding for me personally. It was an achievement to serve the country. I've paved more roads than any Minister of Works in the history of this country over the same period, I repaired more bridges, I built more box drains, I was able to carry the PTSC buses to rural areas, where they have never gone before. I was able to open up the bus route to more motorists to ease traffic on the highway and on the Eastern Main Road," he said.

"I was also able to improve some work on the port in Tobago and also the air link from Tobago to Trinidad. I was able to fix some of the trenches on the highway," he added.

He said he sees close to 200 people weekly at his Chaguanas West constituency office on a weekend, and at his Ministry from 4 a.m. to 7.30 a.m. he sees more people. Warner said while he would like to remedy all the problems facing people, there are obstacles and challenges that he must overcome.

He pointed out that since last June, Cabinet approved $21 million to build a median on the highway and his technocrats have informed him this will take a year to do.

"I am going back to my Ministry and my technocrats and insist this cannot work. They have to bring this early because lives are being lost," he said.

He also expressed sadness that 2011 started off with murders and accidents. Warner stressed that drivers needed to be more responsible on the roads and noted that soon there will be more highway patrols, speed traps and traffic wardens on the roads
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: I've done more than my predecessors
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »
Yes man Jackie boy.  From now till the 17th Feb I expect to see more PR from your good self, I expect nothing less oh king of the "smoking mirrors"..... ::)  ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2011, 07:44:35 AM »

Warner spoke to the Express yesterday at his Arouca home, where he held a luncheon for the media.

Eat de tiefhead man.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »
alot will agree , alot will disagree and most opinions will be based on political affiliation.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
alot will agree , alot will disagree and most opinions will be based on political affiliation.

I doh see how anyone could even agree or disagree unless facts are presented. This article is just full of vague pronouncements.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »

As Tallman say, hard to agree or disagree.  For instance, he says he's accomplished more than any of his predecessors... going back how far... to 1956?  Where are the stats from this study?  The things he's counting as his accomplishments... did he initiate them after May 29, 2010... or was he merely continuing projects already in the pipeline?

On the other hand... all ah dat stats talk eh necessary, it not that serious.  "Serious" is de operative word, most ah we recognize empty self-aggrandizement when we hear it.  Plus is Jack.. well dat kinda redundant.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2011, 11:04:25 PM »
LOUDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSS

U mean u had 2 apologize more than yuh predecessors.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
On the other hand... all ah dat stats talk eh necessary, it not that serious.  "Serious" is de operative word, most ah we recognize empty self-aggrandizement when we hear it.  Plus is Jack.. well dat kinda redundant.

I already said most opinions will be shaped on political affiliations

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »

I rejected that nonsense talk the first time... why would you think it merits re-consideration now?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »

I rejected that nonsense talk the first time... why would you think it merits re-consideration now?

what is there for you to reconsider?..Most people opinons of this article will be shaped on their political affiliation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2011, 01:06:20 AM »
what is there for you to reconsider?..Most people opinons of this article will be shaped on their political affiliation.

That's an assumption on your part and a ridiculous one if you ask me. 

A more realistic assessment is that most people's opinions will be shaped by their opinion of Jack Warner.  Most people here (I'll wager) don't give a fig about Warner's politics, they just know enough not to take that joker too seriously.  Therein lies the choice in how we frame Warner's bragadocious claims... you see a political divide I see skepticism borne of a convoluted history of frustration at his hands.  I'll let others decide which they think is the more accurate assessment.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2011, 01:34:34 AM »

That's an assumption on your part and a ridiculous one if you ask me. 

A more realistic assessment is that most people's opinions will be shaped by their opinion of Jack Warner.  Most people here (I'll wager) don't give a fig about Warner's politics, they just know enough not to take that joker too seriously.  Therein lies the choice in how we frame Warner's bragadocious claims... you see a political divide I see skepticism borne of a convoluted history of frustration at his hands.  I'll let others decide which they think is the more accurate assessment.

See..you said "most people here" but this article is being read by a bigger population than the SW.net population and my answer to this thread is geared rowards that population. Not just the Sw.net posters who dont give a frig about Warner. The truth is the people on Sw.net who dont give a frig about Warner is a very small fraction of most people wo will read this article from the Trinidad Express, and will have opinions shaped on their political affiliations

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The Jack Awards... January 2011
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
The Jack Awards... January 2011

.by Phillip Edward Alexander on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 11:38am.

Well what a difference a month makes.

We at the Organization for Semi Worthwhile & Distracting Events (OSWDE) would like to thank all of those who went out of their way to make this edition of the Jack Awards a bumper celebration.

It seems our biggest problem this month was figuring out where to begin, so let's jump right in and see where we go from here.

(Please note that like GOPIO's Best Indian Around Town Awards, the nominees are listed in no particular order)

Nominations for this month's Jack Award are:

Prakash Ramadhar

Nominated in the 'Wheel and Come Again' Category,  Prakash demonstrated an uncanny ability to recoil the glowing verbiage with which he used to describe another one of our nominees Ms Reshmi Ramnarine in the House of Representatives, in his defense of her qualifications and suitability to run the nation's highest Intel Office. The 180 degree turn he took in such quick time when he found out that she was not as qualified as she portrayed herself to be also qualifies him for a second glass of warm juice.

John Sandy

Minister of National Security John Sandy is nominated multiple times in the 'What You Talkin' 'Bout Willis' Category for his trademark quizzical expression in the face of media questions. Also nominated for the 'Clueless in Seattle' Award alongside Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar.

Minister Sandy is the current holder of the 'Where Did I Leave My Keys?' Award.

Devant Maharaj

Ahhh Devant, bus driver to the stars, what would this show be without your cute shenanigans?

In answer to his Minister's call (no, not George Nicholas, the other Minister of Works and Transport), Devant defied the devious deviants that dared to disrupt this Award Show's namesake's plans to reduce crime by legalizing it once and for all, starting with making it 'A OK' for PH drivers to break the law as long as it's done with an impish grin. The Maxi Taxi hoodlums who withheld their service for a day in protest were judged to be prejudiced against the legally challenged PH drivers, so Devant made sure there were buses aplenty available to take everyone to work and back.

Well everyone except those living in Central and South, but as they don't matter he didn't care.

Devant is nominated in the 'Betty Go Go' Category.

Reshmi Ramnarine

It is very rare that a private citizen comes from obscurity at such speed that she collides with destiny, but it would seem that Reshmi had her eyes set on a Jack Award all along.

Believing that Intelligence people weren't all that intelligent, Reshmi made up credentials to fit a position and was promptly promoted beyond it by a Government known to support outcomes over substance.

Reshmi is nominated in the 'Friends of Sasha' Category.

Deosaran Bisnath & GOPIO

Nominated once again for being Indian enough in Indian time, the head of GOPIO deserves an award every month just because he and his organization are the inspiration for 'nothing' award shows everywhere.

Now that Kams has celebrated a year as Leader of the UNC, it cant be too long now before we have part two to his Best Indian Award Show created to get her to notice him not that long ago.

Deo is nominated in the 'How Low Can You Go' Category.

Selwyn Cudjoe & NAEAP

Like his former 'Best Boy Pal' Deosaran (above) and reminiscent of a character out of Sesame Street, one minute Selwyn is everywhere screaming in your face and the next minute he's gone.

No one is really sure what he does or what his organization stands for anymore, and while there have been speculation from African Leader to CEPEP Contractor, some have suggested that he is really a paid spokesmodel for Dashiki shirts.

Selwyn is nominated once again for the 'Hiding in Plain Sight' Award

Kamla Persad Bissessar

Celebrating one year since she took over as Captain of the good ship TT UNC, Kamla has had an industrious year busily doing whatever she could do to sink it. Realizing that she would need help to 'do so', she has amassed a crew of sailors that some say if anybody could sink a ship it would be this crew.

Having presided over much calamity on her watch (much too much as some would say, most by her own doing others say), Kamla still took time to make a patriotic carnivalesque fashion statement in celebration of Sir Ellis Clarke's final send off.

Spending time between wipeouts and continuous campaign stops, Kamla has promised her supporters at least three good reasons to wear those yellow shirts each year.

The current holder of the 'Clueless in Seattle' Award, Kams is nominated in the 'Man Overboard', 'Meerkat Manor' and the 'Quick! Everybody Hide' Categories.

Herbert Volney

Deciding that no month should go by without him getting a Jack Award, Huggable Herb has decided that if he couldnt cancel Carnival at least he would make it difficult for revelers to make noise.

Taking on the established and well attended WASA fete to start, Vooping Volney made a big swing and a miss and ended up on his back at Mount Hope Hospital, where some say the Ministry of Justice should be relocated to anyway.

Almost single handedly responsible for dry taps nationwide, Volney is nominated for the 'Like Yuh Eh See Mih Or Wha' Award.

Dwayne Gibbs

By telling everyone that the case involving head of the Police Service Commission and spokesman for the Hair Club for Men Nizam Mohammed's brush with the law is now decided and closed despite the public's cry for something like justice, Gibbsie took another step closer to becoming a full fledged Trini.

Nothing says 'I iz a Trini' better than abuse of Public Office, and many a Canadian Ex-Pat are envious at the speed with which Dapper Dwayne is making the transition.

Nominated for the 'Bareback & Drunk' Award, we at OSWDE expect big things from the lovable Commish in the future.

Rupert Griffith

Just when you thought that his crossing the floor was the high point of his dynamic and news worthy career, Rupee went one step closer to having his name remembered by winning the Jack Award for the biggest waste of money we have ever seen bar none.

Deciding that if he was going to promote Tourism, Minister of Tourism Griffith decided that the place to do it was India as they have never seen floods and poverty first hand.

To make his point that this is the place every Indian wants to be, he decided that the best demonstration of Trini culture would be the 'Orange Sky High in Bangalore Tour', first class, courtesy of the people of Trinidad & Tobago.

Rupert is nominated in the 'Sugar Daddy' and 'Dan Dadda' Categories.

Jack Warner

For bringing us one step closer to anarchy, Minister of Works & (sometimes) Transport - Jack Warner has challenged decency and ethics at every turn and won.

Not comfortable being told what to do, Warner has decided that no law should remain carved in stone if removing it could earn him votes or money or both.

Because he is the namesake of these Awards, Austin Jack Warner gets an Award every month for simply being Jack.

Jack is nominated in the 'Yes Anil is MY Friend' Category.

Anand Ramlogan

No stranger to the Jack Awards, Anand has won in the 'Mother Therersa' Category before for his magnaminous role in keeping Ish & Steve from the clutches of Uncle Sam, some say perpetually.

Nothing could have prepared us for the slew of nominations Anand received for this edition of the show, and it would be no stretch to say that he is a shoe in for the Miss Congeniality Award.

From missing Pianos to under achieving appointees, the AG may find himself with more Awards than anyone else in history.

He is nominated for the prestigious 'Martin Luther King Jr I Had  a Dream' Award among others.

Other nominees for Awards are:

Watson Duke & Peter Permell in the 'Winston, Steups - Nigga Pleaz' Category

The organizers of the funeral of former President Sir Ellis Clarke in the 'It Could Do So' Category

For his comments during 'Piano-Gate', Patrick Manning is nominated for the 'Minshall School of Style' Award.

There have been some other notable changes to the show, including the use of Mabel's Mauby instead of warm juice in certain categories.

Also in the line up of changes is the Ramma Damma Ding Dong Prize for most endearing media pose, named for the holder of the trademark facebook smile Glen Ramadhar Singh; the winner of this prize gets a bag of hops and a voucher as well as the ubiquitous Jack Award, and an autographed copy of the Roodal Moonilal's  'Sweating to the Chutneys' Workout Video.

Not everyone who were nominated this month could have gotten an Award, but many qualify for a glass of juice and a slice of cake courtesy Courts Furniture Store.

Credits:

The Jack Award is made in India using hemp and other natural ingredients.

The Jack Awards is ninety nine per cent fat free and contains no trans fats; low in calories and high in fiber, the Jack Awards can be part of a balanced breakfast.

The Jack Awards are brought to you by Lawrence Duprey & Andre Monteil from an undisclosed sunny location.

This show is not affiliated to any other award show both living and dead, and is written on recycled paper.

All participants and Nominees have been booked through the SIA's 'getting to know you' outreach program.

All winners will receive their full slice of cake and glass of juice at the Offices of OSWDE in Puerto RIco.

Closing:

We at OSWDE have been acused of suffering from delusions of grandeur and we ask our detractors - 'Who's suffering?'

While we do not yet have our own live show, one day we will and that day will change the world forever and maybe, just maybe, make people who are in the Public's Employ take their responsibility a little more seriously.

The producers of the show would like to extend their condolences to the families of Decency and Integrity who, while missing for some time, are feared dead.

The Jack Awards is an equal opportunity offender, and if your name call it call; If you dont want it to call, walk tall.

The Government of the people is supposed to work for the people, in the service of the people, and while firing them takes a little time, we can expose them for who and what they really are.

If you're a blind Party supporter, a racist, a biased Journalist, a corrupt public Official or a 'doh care' public servant, for reducing the quality of life in our nation, there is a Jack Award for you.

If you take yourself too seriously be careful, you can never tell if one day you bend a corner and see us smiling with a Jack Award just for you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Warner to probe $27 M contract
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2011, 05:32:55 AM »
Mods if posted before, apologies. Haven't seen it.

VB
===========

Warner to probe $27m CAL contract
Published: Mon, 2011-05-16 21:12
Reshma Ragoonath

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar announced yesterday that an investigation will be launched into allegations that a $27 million Caribbean Airlines contract was awarded to an insurance firm owned by the airline’s chairman George Nicholas and his family. Heading the investigation will be Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner, the line minister for CAL, who will liaise with Attorney General Anand Ramlogan on the matter, then report to the Prime Minister. Persad-Bissessar, speaking with reporters after a military parade at High Street, Siparia, to mark the occasion of Siparia Fete, said she was still awaiting a written report on the CAL Board from the Finance and General Purposes Committee. “The committee has not yet given me a written report, I guess because they have so many matters that seem to be important,” she said. “The board continues to function until such time as that report comes and a decision is taken.”

Yesterday, the Sunday Guardian reported exclusively that a three-year contract to provide employment benefits, brokerage and consulting services at CAL was awarded to CIC Insurance Brokers, a subsidiary of CIC Holdings, on February 4. Issa Nicholas Holdings Limited, CIC’s fifth largest shareholder, is owned by Nicholas’ father. He is also a director of the company. Persad-Bissessar said she was not aware of the allegations. “I do not know anything more than what is in the newspapers...I saw the headline, but I did not get a chance to read the story so it would be inappropriate to comment on that now,” she said. She said, however, that Warner would investigate the matter.

The Sunday Guardian report stated Nicholas, vice-chairman Mohan Jaikaran, and directors Allan Clovis and Gizelle Russell, were at the tenders committee meeting with insurance manager Ronald Sukhbir and human resources manager Charmaine Heslop Da Costa, when CIC was shortlisted. It is also alleged that WINTV, a local television station owned and operated by Jaikaran, had received a significant number of advertising contracts from the airline. Persad Bissessar said: “I will certainly ask the line minister to look into the matter.” In Siparia yesterday, Persad-Bissessar took the salute at a military parade which featured members of the T&T Regiment, Prisons and Coast Guard. Before the parade, the Prime Minister visited the La Divina Pastora Roman Catholic Church where she prayed and paid homage to the patron saint.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:42:29 AM by Flex »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner to probe $27 M contract
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2011, 05:36:11 AM »
This FU*&^& HILARIOUS!!!!!

The man whose family has gotten football catering contracts, the man who say he didn't know his wife and son was illegally selling FIFA tickets and making millions, HE going to investigate bobol..

Kamala give me a FU*&^&* break nah. How shameless are these people?
Exactly how stupid and ignorant do they think the public is?

Why de ass she doh ask JW to investigate the TTFF and find out why they take millions and can't account for it.

One day somebody go hold down this man and slap him yes.

VB

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:58 AM »
But..if anybody should know about conflicts of interest...is Jack. Who better to conduct the investigation then?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:43 AM »
When you as big as those guys any number of contracts could have a conflict of interest. Again, a conflict of interest does not prove any wrong doing but when you don't declare your interest it raises a red flag. Especially in this case where Gaurdian Holdings actually scored higher than CIC.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:53 AM »
 :devil:THE DEVIL CORRECTING SIN  :devil:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2011, 09:11:10 AM »
THE DEVIL CORRECTING SIN
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nice one.....ah cant help meyself  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2011, 11:43:15 AM »
:devil:THE DEVIL CORRECTING SIN  :devil:

MY EXACT THOUGHTS WHEN ISAW D ARTICLE.
But..if anybody should know about conflicts of interest...is Jack. Who better to conduct the investigation then?

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »
it takes a tief to catch a tief.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Careful Jack boldface enough to use that as his campaign motto.

VB

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »

VB

I remember the kaiso by Spoiler. "The judge to himself, I charge you for speeding".

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »

VB

I remember the kaiso by Spoiler. "The judge to himself, I charge you for speeding".

Chorus from "Magistrate Tries Himself" by Spoiler:

The Judge to himself "You are charged for speeding!"
The Judge to himself "The Policeman lying!"
The Judge to himself "Aye man, this eh no sport!"
And he charge himself for contempt of court!

All this is done by the Magistrate while holding up a mirror to himself in court!
He's the only Judge in the district and has to trial himself for a speeding charge!
Spoiler was the best yes!!
 ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:39:10 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack hands out $1.5B
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2011, 09:17:09 AM »
Jack hands out $1.5B
By Richardson Dhalai (Newsday).
Thursday, June 30 2011

Five months after Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar turned the sod, Works Minister Jack Warner yesterday handed over $1.5 billion to the National Infrastructure Development Company, (NIDCO), to finance the start of the construction of the $7.2 billion highway between San Fernando and Point Fortin.

Warner presented a replica cheque for $1.5 billion to NIDCO president Dr Carson Charles, which represented the first of four tranches of the $7.2 billion financing, at the Golconda Roundabout, San Fernando.

Addressing an audience of representatives of Brazilian contractor Constructora OAS and local La Brea-based contractor, Namalco, Warner criticised his detractors who claimed Government had difficulty in sourcing finance and predicted the project would not get underway.

He quoted the Bible, the book of Ecclesiastes, chapter 3, verses one to eight, which says, “There is a time for everything; there is a season for every activity under the heaven.’

Warner then included his own verse which he directed to the Opposition saying, “and I want to add; ‘A time to talk and a time to shut up’.”

“I want to tell...the Rowleys of this world, today is a time to shut up because we are here today to make the first payment to NIDCO who in turn would sit down with the OAS people and do the necessary formal signing,” Warner said. “We are giving them the first payment, the first of four payments, $1.5 billion and in case those detractors don’t know what that means, $1.5 billion which we did not have to borrow,” he said, adding, “that money came from our own local resources.”

During the question and answer session in which he was asked why Government had not borrowed the money, he said for the “next three payments we shall look for borrowings either inside or outside the country.”

“And if we don’t feel to borrow, we pay again from inside, that is our business. The fact is that at no point in time shall the lack of finance, at any time, be a reason for this work not to continue,” he said. “You do not borrow money if you have, I don’t understand that kind of maths if you have the money, why borrow it?”

He added, “You have money for infrastructure and development, you have money for salaries and pensions, you don’t take development money and pay salaries and pensions.”

Debe/ Point Fortin Highway Action Committee president Edward Moodie asked about the compensation to persons who have to relocate from areas in the path of the highway construction.

Moodie hoped it would not take as long as the ten years Oropoune residents had to wait for compensation to relocate for the Piarco Airport, noting many still had not yet received any money.

Warner assured compensation shall be fair and prompt.

“We shall make sure that when we relocate the people, as far as possible, their culture, their religion, their flora and their fauna, all of that shall be taken under consideration,” he said.

Warner also stated that the highway would be used as a benchmark for future highway projects saying “if things go well,” the next highway would be from San Fernando to Mayaro.

More than 200 persons have been employed on the project and the figure is expected to peak at an estimated 7,000 persons.

CNC3 VIDEO
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:21:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

Re: Jack hands out $1.5B
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
dey cyar pay civil servants mre than 5%, the treasury empty.
dey cyar raise funing as dey in arrears to contractors and banks and de treasury empty.
dey cyar pay 2 billion in debt to contractors cause de treasury empty.
dey cyar buy de opv's and de treasury empty.
dey pay 2 million for soca monarch and chutney and de tresuty empty.

YET......

JAck say he pay 1.5 billion direct from de treasury and say he eh need to raise funding as that is bad maths. In may 11, 2011 Min of Finance Dooks say he have real hell in getting dat money as he in deficit budgeting and dat he cyar get funding...well yes.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack Warner General Section Thread.
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2011, 06:26:43 AM »
Cabinet approves committee to oversee $7b Point Fortin highway project
By Anna Ramdass (Express)

HIT THE ROAD, JACK

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar confirmed yesterday that Cabinet has approved an interministerial committee to ensure proper oversight and accountability of the $7.2 billion Point Fortin highway project which falls under the purview of Works and Infrastructure Minister Jack Warner.

Asked yesterday by the Sunday Express about the decision, Persad-Bissessar responded: "Yes, it has already been set up by Cabinet...approved by Cabinet on Thursday."

Government sources said the committee includes Warner, Minister in the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure Stacy Roopnarine, Minister of Local Government Chandresh Sharma, Minister of Housing and the Environment Dr Roodal Moonilal as well as representatives from the National Infrastructure Development Company with the most likely representative being the organisation's head Dr Carson Charles.

The move to establish an interministerial committee to assist Warner comes after his portfolio was cut with the Prime Minister's decision to split the Works and Transport Ministry in June.

Under the new arrangement Warner, who once held responsibility for 14 State boards was left with only two, while newly appointed Transport Minister Devant Maharaj was given much of the work.

Speaking to the Sunday Express at his Chaguanas West constituency office where scores of people were waiting patiently to see him yesterday, Warner said he was not worried by the Cabinet's move to set up a committee as long as the highway was completed on time and within budget.

"I don't care if they appoint one committee or ten, my only concern is that the highway is delivered within time and within budget. I have no other concern," said Warner.

Asked if he felt slighted in any way, he responded: "I am light years away from my detractors and from any guys who of course believe that this committee will worry me. I'm not the least bit worried."

Warner added: "I am not the least bit fazed or concerned...if the committee is there to provide oversight to complete the highway on budget and within time so be it, I have nothing to hide, it's when you have something to hide then you get worried and you get concerned and you are angry and bothered. I welcome five more committees if it's necessary."

Warner said no matter what decisions are taken his devotion and commitment was to continue working for the people of this country.

"I came to my office (Chaguanas West constituency office) at 4.15 this morning. I have already seen 142 persons of which only 16 were from Chaguanas West but everybody who left my office left with a smile," said Warner.

Last Wednesday, Warner complained about difficulty in getting $750 million of an approved $1.5 billion for ongoing works throughout the country.

Finance Minister Winston Dookeran said there were delays because the money was being sourced though a loan from the National Insurance Board (NIB).

Warner disclosed yesterday that he was not assured by this and this week he will be taking a note to Cabinet to approve giving work to contractors and paying them at a later date.

Warner said there are many contractors who gave the assurance to do the necessary works and receive payments in November or even next year.

Sources told the Sunday Express that since the splitting of Warner's ministry there has been some strain and "hidden tension" at Cabinet meetings in Port of Spain.

The Prime Minister's move to downsize Warner's portfolio came as all eyes in the international community were on him when bribery allegations were levelled against him and former Asian football head Mohamed Bin Hammam.

The two were accused of being involved in the offer of bribes to members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) at a meeting at the Hyatt Regency (Trinidad) hotel, Port of Spain earlier this year in exchange for votes for Bin Hammam who was in the race for presidency of FIFA, the world football governing body.

Bin Hammam was banned from football activities for life (a move he has appealed). Warner resigned as a FIFA Vice President before the election and FIFA has said he is presumed innocent of any charges.

Sources told the Sunday Express that the establishment of this committee was not in any way a move against Warner but one to ensure that the project is delivered on time.

"There is nothing unusual about this, committees have been established in other areas with the primary objective of having more hands on deck and ensuring that the work is done and delivered," said a source.

A source also disclosed that Cabinet ministers were concerned over the possible conflict of interest in the Works Ministry when Director of Highways Roger Ganesh sat on an evaluation committee for months which recommended multi million dollar contracts for his son-in-law's company Kall Co Ltd.

It was only in June after Attorney General Anand Ramlogan intervened in the matter were steps taken to replace Ganesh.

With respect to the Point Fortin highway some $1.5 billion has already been injected into the project which is to be undertaken by Brazilian company Construtora OAS.

Warner had said some 40 per cent of the works will also be given to local contractors.

Persad-Bissessar turned the sod for the billion-dollar highway in January.

Work has already started and it is expected to be completed in four years.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:08:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Jack hands out $1.5B
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2011, 05:35:52 AM »
Jack gets $250m for road repairs.
By: Yvonne Baboolal (Guardian).

Disclosing that he did not doubt the money to fix roads in Point Fortin would come, Works Minister Jack Warner yesterday said he received $250 million as a first tranche from the Government for the project.

Last Sunday, Warner said he planned to resign if he did not get money to fix Point Fortin’s roads in two weeks. His ultimatum came after protests from residents of the PNM stronghold. Yesterday, he said he did not think that resigning was ever on the cards and that he was a bit disenchanted (when he made the statement).

Asked if he was bluffing, he said no. Warner also ignored questions on whether it was a ploy to get money from the Government. He said he got $250 million and expected to get a balance of $500 million in a month or two. The Government’s Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (Pure)  earlier this year received $750 million  raised by the National Insurance Property Development Co Ltd.

Warner made the disclosure at a press conference he said he called to let the nation know that his ministry was constructing a $2 million flood alleviation detention pond in South Quay, Port-of-Spain, opposite the Central Market.

He said roadworks would begin in Point Fortin at 9 pm Thursday. He invited the media to dinner at 10 pm in the area. He said the media could overnight since works were going to begin on the Tarouba Link Road at 2 am on Friday. Responding to questions from the media on another matter, Warner said he did not think Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley’s figure of $2.4 billion in payment to residents for land for the Golconda to Point Fortin highway was correct. Rowley on Monday said before the Government came into office, preliminary costs were estimated to be $800 million. He claimed the figure has now jumped to $2.4 billion and insinuated that it was to pay constituents of Government MPS. Rowley said these MPs were put on what was supposed to be a Cabinet sub-committee to oversee the $7 billion highway project. Responding, Warner said yesterday: “I don’t think the figures are quite correct. I am not aware of any $2.4 billion. “But I do know that the price of the land has increased dramatically over the past two years.”

He added: “The committee has not even met. The land has not even been surveyed as yet. I can’t see how what Rowley is saying has any merit.”
Warner said he could not see any corruption in the project because of the level of transparency that had been pledged.
Noting that the value of land had increased over the past two years, he recalled that when the Mamoral Dam was to be built four years ago, it was agreed that $49 million would be paid to citizens for land to be used in the project.
The dam was never built and Warner said those same properties were now valued at more than $200 million.
“And if you wait longer, it will pass $300 million,” he said.
Warner said market prices dictated what the Government paid.
He also dismissed Rowley’s charge that the Cabinet sub-committee overseeing the highway project was comprised of people who were not Government (and Cabinet) ministers.
Rowley singled out Stacy Roopnarine who he said was only a minister in the Ministry of Works and not a Cabinet member.
Warner said: “I don’t know about junior or senior. Stacy is a minister. Everybody (on the committee) is a minister.
“From my little education in school, I know it’s an inter-ministerial committee.”

1]; } ?>