Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 182071 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Breaking News - JACK NEW MINISTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY
« Reply #600 on: October 11, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
Basically he denied saying what he said, even though he on video saying it. Tv6 rel loving this

not jus dat.......but is inane nature of d assholery he talk within dat denial......can somebody say demented!...........lawd have mercy

He need to put a gag order on himself.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News - JACK NEW MINISTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY
« Reply #601 on: October 11, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
I also think he is suffering from mental illness
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

oooohhhh gaaarrddd oooyyyeee......somebody get the clip from tonight.....it gets wooorrrseeee!!!!

Diiiinnnnnhhhhooooo!!!!  Wheeeeyyy yoooouuuu??!!!! 

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 11, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
WARNER CHANGES MIND ON CRIME STATS

Last Updated on 11.10.2012

Minister of National Security Jack Warner has had a change of heart about instructing the police not to disseminate crime statistics to the media.

Speaking at Thursday's Post Cabinet Media Briefing, Mr. Warner said he also doesn't believe his tabulation of crime free days in the nation's hotspot has done any good, and promised to desist from doing so.

Despite the controversy surrounding his statements this week, the National Security Minister is not fazed by calls for his dismissal.

"Every Monday morning they say I should resign and they'll say it again next week and the week after and so on. The person who has me where I am is Mrs. Kamla Persad-Bissessar and in me, she has full confidence."

Minister Warner said the Prime Minister has not spoken to him in relation to the statements he made on Tuesday when he implied that the killing of Stephen Morris in Laventille was linked to the PNM. He said the matter also did not come up for discussion at the Cabinet meeting.

Minister Warner said earlier this week that he was instructing the police not to release crime statistics daily. A decision he said he has since rescinded.

"I said I intend to instruct the police along those lines and between the Parliament and when I met the police, I of course decided to have a change of heart. Is that unusual at all?"

Minister Warner said he will not divulge the reason for his change of heart but made it clear that he understands the boundaries between himself, as Minister of National Security, and the Executive of the Police Service.

However, he is standing by his comments that certain elements of the People's National Movement were using the crime statistics to paint the Government in a bad light.

"I make the point and I stand by the fact that when this is sensationalised by mainly by the Opposition my impression is it does not help in reducing crime. I could be wrong, I'm not of course infallible, but that is my view."

He also blamed the media. Minister Warner said media houses comparing murder statistics for 2012 versus 2011 without factoring in the 2011 State of Emergency are fuelling the fire.

"It is wrong for any TV station to take last year and use last year's figures and this year's figures without saying that the State of Emergency made a difference. All I'm saying is tell the public the truth."

Minister Warner said he will also not make public the number of crime free days in crime hotspots.

"That, on reflection, does not help because there may be some young man out there who wants to prove me wrong."

The National Security Minister has faced a backlash of criticism over the last few days on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. His controversial statement also made international headlines on the BBC, Fox News, CBS and ABC.

Mr. Warner also told the media that the National Security Council approved his new crime plan last Thursday, but he declined to give details.

http://www.ctntworld.com/index.php/2011-12-27-04-09-23/1913-warner-changes-mind-on-crime-stats
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 11, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »
This definitely calls for a song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dms_VJL9GRU
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »

oooohhhh gaaarrddd oooyyyeee......somebody get the clip from tonight.....it gets wooorrrseeee!!!!

doh know how alyuh could laff at dat nah our gov't is ah pack ah imbecilic clowns and witt every passin day more and more people laffin at we, even without shale gas set to kick we ass all over d floor........nobody eh comin here to invest nutten wit dese jokers in gov't, we fuucked
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 11, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SYqLeYJoaBc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SYqLeYJoaBc</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 11, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »

doh know how alyuh could laff at dat nah our gov't is ah pack ah imbecilic clowns and witt every passin day more and more people laffin at we, even without shale gas set to kick we ass all over d floor........nobody eh comin here to invest nutten wit dese jokers in gov't, we fuucked

Boss, I am laughing at the absurdity of the man......and how people (Dinho) thought we were going to get results because he "hard wukking"......de only thing that wukking is he mouth......

Also, lefty boy if I eh laugh......ah goh firetrucking tear mih hair out.....ah goh be by mih Doctor every blasted day.......leave mih let mih relieve some stress.........please, please, please...... :frustrated: :frustrated: :cursing: :cursing: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Online gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 11, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »

When is this book coming out? It will be a best seller. I hope he write a trilogy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 11, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »
Brace for more Jack-arsery tomorrow cuz ah hearing of two more murders in Laventille/Morvant......and no this one ent funny at all......*sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 11, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »

This.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brownie, Weary allyuh lie
« Reply #611 on: October 25, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
Jack wukkin so hard he eh sleepin when night come

man lookin good tired in trute

or maybe is court case givin him insomnia

PM to Jack: Take a rest
'No sleep in 48 hours'

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has instructed National Security Minister Jack Warner to get some rest.

Persad-Bissessar, speaking at a lavish fund-raising dinner by the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) on Sunday at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya, said Warner had not slept in 48 hours and ordered that he not work on Monday.

"Jack Warner, you are grounded after you leave here tonight, you will go home tomorrow, I will ask other ministers to take up all your meetings, and Maureen Warner, ground him tomorrow, let him sleep because he hasn't slept in 24 to 48 hours," said Persad-Bissessar.

"Do you guys agree?" Persad-Bissessar asked the large audience who responded with loud applause.

The Prime Minister thanked all her ministers for attending the event on Sunday, as well as citizens who took time out of their schedule to lend support.

She made special mention of gynaecologist Dr Sherene Kalloo who was in attendance and celebrated her birthday on that day.

Kalloo was one of the gynaecologists who were instrumental in the implementation of the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine on the immunisation schedule in this country.

Said Persad-Bissessar: "Tonight, there is a beautiful woman with us, she will understand what I'm saying because she is celebrating her birthday today, so she came out on her birthday, can we say happy birthday to Dr Sherene Kalloo who is here with us."

The PM said her ministers work round-the-clock to ensure delivery to the people and this was no easy task.

"We will continue to do our best in whatever we have to," said Persad-Bissessar as she reiterated her Government's commitment to serving the people.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brownie, Weary allyuh lie
« Reply #612 on: October 25, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
ways didnt realize the HPV vaccine been introduced in T&T..
whoever is responsible for that decision well done.

Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 25, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »
It hard 2 find all that money so it calls for sleepless nights.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 25, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »
Fowl face f**ker
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PAGING VERNA JACK NEEDS 2 GO ST. ANN'S
« Reply #615 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
KUCHOOR OVER NAGAR
Jack refuses to attend Divali festival because Rowley invited
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

National Security Minister Jack Warner did not attend the opening of the Divali Nagar in Chaguanas on Sunday night because Opposition leader Dr Keith Rowley was invited.

Warner has written to public relations officer of the National Council of Indian Culture (NCIC), Surujdeo Mangaroo, to explain his absence from the opening ceremony.

In the letter dated November 3, Warner stated that his love for the Hindu community motivated his decision to stay away.

"When I was informed of Dr Keith Rowley's presence, at a time when the national community is so politically charged, the only logical process that followed suggested that such action would only serve to reduce this holy festival to political jostling, which, given the respect and love I have for the Hindu community, I chose not to be a part of now or ever," stated Warner in his letter.

"It is in this regard that I chose not to attend because for me, to reduce the opening of the Divali Nagar below its lofty and holy expectations is sacrilegious," he added.

Warner also stated he has been a "faithful servant" to the Hindu community for the past 20 years and "the service which I offered was predicated on the purity for which Hinduism stands, the honesty which it promotes and its moral values for which we all have become familiar".

"It has never dawned upon me to align my presence to further any political gain, either personal or for my party, or to reduce the meaning of such an important event through any form of politicisation," stated Warner.

Contacted yesterday, NCIC president Deokinanan Sharma told the Express no special invitation was sent to Rowley. He said all parliamentarians were invited to the Nagar's opening ceremony every year.

"Every single year, we have invited all members of Parliament to the Nagar. Unfortunately, members of the PNM in recent years have not come. In previous years Mr Manning came, Mrs Joan Yuille-Williams came as minister of culture and also Marlene McDonald," said Sharma.

"We just continued as we do every year and invited all parliamentarians. They (Opposition members) decided to come this year. They are welcome, all are welcome as any other guest, as all patrons,'' said Sharma.

He added that the organisers had no information Warner was even planning to attend the opening ceremony.

Warner, he said, was invited as the guest of honour on one of the nights during the Nagar's schedule of events.

The Express tried to contact Warner to enquire whether he would be attending on the night that was designated for him but calls to his cellphone went unanswered.

The Divali Nagar officially opened with a grand cultural explosion on Sunday night with a number of parliamentarians in attendance.

Rowley, who is working with a local consultant on improving his image, attended the event outfitted in a black kurta with gold embroidery. His wife, Sharon, wore a purple and gold-coloured shalwar with red accents.

Also in attendance from the PNM were Opposition Senators Faris Al-Rawi, Pennelope Beckles, PNM chairman Franklin Khan and Point Fortin MP Paula Gopee-Scoon.

Government ministers who attended were Energy Minister Kevin Ramnarine, Local Government Minister Suruj Rambachan, Minister in the Ministry of Works, Stacy Roopnarine, and Minister in the Ministry of Environment, Ramona Ramdial. They were all dressed in ethnic Indian wear.

Finance Minister Larry Howai and Arts and Multiculturalism Minister Lincoln Douglas were also present in casual wear.

Contacted yesterday by phone, Franklin Khan told the Express Warner was now "bordering on the ridiculous".

He said if Warner has to take offence with anything it should be that he (Khan) was invited as PNM chairman because he was not a parliamentarian.

"This guy is bordering on the ridiculous. Dr Rowley was there, he sat there and enjoyed the programme, he participated, he was kind and gentle and interacted with the people," said Khan.

"It was a religious occasions which the PNM took part in as an official party which represents the national interest. There was no politics at play," Khan added.

Khan also criticised Warner for using the race card by suggesting last week that the thousands who turned out at the protest march in the capital city were of one ethnic group.

"I think it is unnecessary, it is uncalled for, it is also very dangerous. Jack Warner is walking down a slippery slope and I call on all citizens to reject his outburst vehemently," said Khan.

—with reporting by

Carla Bridglal

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: PAGING VERNA JACK NEEDS 2 GO ST. ANN'S
« Reply #616 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »
What to say , steups smh

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 06, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
What to say , steups smh

I serious from the PNM murder to only Africans marched to this. D elevator never use 2 go all d way up but now it eh moving off d ground floor.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »
Hm.

I wonder if he go stop going parliament cause rowley there too?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 06, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »
Hm.

That will be sweet.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 06, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »
LOL!! Ah wonder if he stomp and roll on de ground in ah tantrum
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 06, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »
Hm.

Lol
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 07, 2012, 05:22:01 AM »
Actually, I think Warner has a point. Rowley, being African, is clearly going after the Indian vote and East Indians like Jack will clearly be upset by it.  :devil:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 07, 2012, 10:37:09 AM »
Sighs, if these fellas were a bit nore nationalistic than secular this would be a much better place.

Devant givesJack support

...Minister stays away from Nagar due to Rowley's presence

By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Nov 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM ECT

(Story Updated: Nov 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM ECT )

Food Production Minister Devant Maharaj said yesterday that he also decided not to attend the opening ceremony of Divali Nagar in Chaguanas on Sunday because of the presence of Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

National Security Minister Jack Warner wrote last Saturday to Surujdeo Mangaroo, public relations officer of the National Council of Indian Culture (NCIC), to explain his absence from the opening ceremony.

"When I was informed of Dr Keith Rowley's presence, at a time when the national community is so politically charged, the only logical process that followed suggested that such action would only serve to reduce this holy festival to political jostling, which, given the respect and love I have for the Hindu community, I chose not to be a part of, now or ever," stated Warner in his letter.

Speaking to the Express by phone, Maharaj said he fully supports Warner.

"I support Mr Warner; I also stayed away because I knew he (Rowley) was invited to be there...for years, he refused to attend while the PNM (People's National Movement) was in Government," said Maharaj.

"I know first hand how the PNM discriminated against the Hindu community; as a member of the Maha Sabha, we had to take them to court for the radio licence matter and the Trinity Cross matter, and many others...and they are using Divali for cheap political mileage and to re-image Rowley and the PNM. I object to the PNM using and exploiting Divali as part of their marketing strategy for Dr Rowley."

But while Maharaj was in full support of Warner, his other Government colleagues distanced themselves from the controversy.

Said Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal: "I don't get involved in MPs' personal matters; a decision to attend or not to attend is left to the judgment of an MP or minister."

Local Government Minister Suruj Rambachan, who attended the opening ceremony, said: "I think Mr Warner's move was a personal decision; that's his right to make a personal decision."

Rambachan said he enjoyed the opening ceremony and commended the Sandra Sookdeo dance group on their performance.

In response, Rowley questioned how an invitation from the NCIC was fuelling such malice.

"I was there on Sunday night with my wife and some of my colleagues; we had a lovely evening. I had dinner with the NCIC executive and Government members, and not one of these persons treated me out of the ordinary...the only person that seems to have an issue is Jack Warner," said Rowley.

He added that he and his wife walked around the Nagar site and admired the booths with Indian clothing and art, and even accepted requests from people and children to have pictures taken with them.

Rowley asked if a group of Tobagonians were to march over an issue whether any government minister can say to ignore them because they are Tobagonians.

Warner, he said, has embarrassed this country.

"When you have a minister of Government saying he refuses to go to a religious function because the Opposition leader is there, it portrayed to the entire world that there is racial divisions in the country; this is a man who was acting as Prime Minister, taking issue with a religious organisation's invitation to me. He has embarrassed this country, and I'm sure he has embarrassed the NCIC," said Rowley.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Devant_gives_Jack_support-177576111.html
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 07, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
2 c**tS
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 07, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »
Alluh see how Deviant change his tongue now. When PNM was in power he was saying that they discriminating against all Indians. Now he saying they were discriminating against Hindus. Jokers

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #626 on: November 07, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »
Alluh see how Deviant change his tongue now. When PNM was in power he was saying that they discriminating against all Indians. Now he saying they were discriminating against Hindus. Jokers
Imagine if Obama made Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson a member of his cabinet. That's essentially what KPB did. In my view it is impossible for a person like Devant who so vehemently represents narrow ethnic interests to have any credibility as a fair and evenhanded public official.

You're right, Devant Maharaj who led the Indo-Trinibagonian Equality Council has refocused on 'Hindus' in his utterances.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 14, 2012, 11:50:24 AM »
On Monday night TV6 reported that the head of the IRO spoke out in support of Jack Warner and his stance to not attend the opening of the Divali Naggar.  I haven't read a papers since Sunday...does anyone have access to the story?

It was strange on the Monday night's news on TV6 that the only clip they aired was showing the Head IRO saying (I paraphrasing) "I as head of the IRO and as a Hindu, I want to complement Mr. Warner on his words...." and then the clip ended.  The next thing is the question to poll the viewers was something like "Do you agree with the head of the IRO giving support to Mr. Warners decision to not attend the Divali Naggar because Dr. Rowley was present there?"

I found it strange that such an office of Head IRO would say something like that...since the thing is that Warner had just given a speech to which the IRO man responding.  In the beginning of Warner's speech he said jokingly that he not about adding any more kuchoor to the thing on that night.  The rest of the speech was well received, so I suspected that it was the speech the IRO man was responding to.

I heard on the news yesterday that he denied giving support to Warner's admitted absence on the opening night of the Naggar.  I wonder if TV6 playing games with we now?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »
I heard the same thing on the news, it would be dangerous to take that quote in isolation especially where he says he supports Warner given the last thing Warner said was his ill advised statement that sought to politicize the Nagar opening.

But in the same breath, the IRO comes across as gullible and naieve to think that he could compartmentalize Jack Warner's utterances without people's interpretations that he supports his stance in the Nagar opening.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner: a case of expanding the national security portfolio?
« Reply #629 on: January 08, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »
Mr. Warner has made pronouncements on several issues that traditionally have not been viewed as within the portfolio of a Trinbagonian Minister of National Security. At first glance it seemed that he was ... (put diplomatically) being "ill-disciplined". However, now I think the case can be made that he holds a more expansive portfolio re: national security than any of his predecessors ever held.

So ... at issue here are (not limited to these by any means)

1. the definition of national security being employed
2. how much if this is "official"? how much if it is allowed because of his large political footprint?
3. if it is "official", there are some questions to be inquired into with respect to cabinet affairs
4. what does it mean for the future?
5. how easy is it to co-opt cabinet portfolios?
6. Is the PM acting out of deference or acquiescence?

Example:
But National Security Minister Jack Warner told TV6 News he is very concerned.

"I first of all want to commiserate with the family of the soldier and to say that I await the report that would come to us, I imagine, within a couple of days before I make a statement formally. More importantly, what is of concern to me is the fact that I have now learnt there is only one qualified pathologist in the country and for me that raises all kinds of questions in terms of justice...in terms of our justice system," said Warner.

He said he has asked the National Security Ministry's Permanent Secretary to give him a report within the next 22 hours as to why this situation existed and what can be done to correct it.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Fuad__No_problem_with_autopsies-185960571.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:37:37 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>