Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 182063 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Of National Security Performance Update: 66 MURDERS IN 52 DAYS!!
« Reply #720 on: February 21, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »
Question!!

If these murders knew that they would be dead within 24 hours of committing a murder (executed by a death squad), would they still commit that murder?

Think about it!   :thinking:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Minister Of National Security Performance Update: 66 MURDERS IN 52 DAYS!!
« Reply #721 on: February 21, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
And it continues....now 70 in 52.
Yuh serious? How it jump from 66 to 70 in one day with one more murder? Did I miss something?  :-

Man get beheaded, 2 shot and one woman killed at home.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 21, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
And it continues....now 70 in 52.
Yuh serious? How it jump from 66 to 70 in one day with one more murder? Did I miss something?  :-

Man get beheaded, 2 shot and one woman killed at home.
Oh shit! I missed watching the 7'oclock news this evening! 

This is crazy!! :o
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 21, 2013, 08:17:15 PM »
The sick news people even show the man picking up the head off the table. I really wonder if they have nobody telling them certain things should be at least censored, especially when children watching the news too. I notice is only tv6 like showing them morbid stuff, like they does get off from seeing them thing.
Youtube Channel

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Jack Warner: a case of expanding the national security portfolio?
« Reply #724 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
Hear how bad this shit is , the minister of national insecurity and the ag commissoner do not know there was a flying squad that flew through trinbago for six months .

I find that is so strange .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Of National Security Performance Update: 70 MURDERS IN 52 DAYS!!
« Reply #725 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »
State of emergency indefinitely. I calling it now.
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 21, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »
 :idea:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #727 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »
Question!!

If these murders knew that they would be dead within 24 hours of committing a murder (executed by a death squad), would they still commit that murder?

We need more civilization and justice not less.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2013, 12:27:16 AM »
Question!!

Are you trying to say that taking out these murderers within 24 hours and saving the taxpayers money won't be justice?!  ???

I bet you after the first couple of take outs that the murders would grind to a sudden hault and we will have the lowest monthly murder rate in decades!! Want to bet?!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:31:29 AM by Socapro »

truetrini

Re: Jack Warner: a case of expanding the national security portfolio?
« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2013, 12:54:46 AM »
16-14 in Barbados   DLP declared the winner, and so there will be no change in Government!

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
Question!!

Are you trying to say that taking out these murderers within 24 hours and saving the taxpayers money won't be justice?!  ???

I bet you after the first couple of take outs that the murders would grind to a sudden hault and we will have the lowest monthly murder rate in decades!! Want to bet?!

Vigilante justice comes at a high price, to the executioner, society, and to innocent parties who fall mistakenly fall victim to it, and is limited in the benefits it can provide.

http://www.econgirl.com/1/post/2012/07/the-ethics-of-vigilante-justice.html
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
Question!!

What you are talking about is natural justice , its what savage man does. It cannot be controlled and will invariably be abused. Ask yourself a few questions . How do you identify who actually did it in the first place ? Will we use hearsay or legitimate investigation.  Ask yourself what body will lead a squad that actually goes against the principles of the constitution itself.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 22, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »
But how the Express could print this blasphemy??!!  As far as I hear de man "hard wukkin!!"   :-X :-X   :bs: :bs:

The myth of the 'action man'
By Irene Medina Associate Editor

Seven months ago, he was appointed Minister of National Security by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who then endorsed him as a "man of action" who "would make a difference" in the fight against crime.  Last year ended with 352 murders, according to police statistics, and for 2013 so far, there have been 68 killings in 52 days.

"Action Jack", as he was called following his June 21, 2012 appointment because of his perceived track record for getting things done, now presides over an escalating crime situation that already has begun to affect the country's revenue significantly, according to the Prime Minister.  Persad-Bissessar told a Caricom security meeting in Haiti last Monday that crime was costing Trinidad and Tobago more than $200 million a year in tourism revenue.  Warner has admitted that the reason he did not attend the security meeting with the Prime Minister was because crime was not under control. According to him, "I wanted to stay here to keep my finger and my pulse on the crime."  He was at the time visiting the home of slain police officer Sgt Hayden Manwaring in Couva on Wednesday.  Manwaring was shot with his own gun during a confrontation with a robbery suspect on Cipero Street in San Fernando last Tuesday afternoon while his partner, PC Nicholas Phillip, was also shot during the incident.

As he has promised on numerous occasions since assuming office, Warner told the media on Wednesday that he would "bring this state of mayhem to an end...", predicting "police and law enforcement agencies in the country shall overcome".
Persad-Bissessar's announcement in Haiti may not have been a direct criticism of Warner since she had expressed full confidence in Warner's ability to "be the best crime-buster" during her last Cabinet reshuffle in which she fired his predecessor, former Brigadier John Sandy, who despite his military background, some felt, had failed to make any significant dent in the crime situation.

During her address at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann's at that time, Persad-Bissessar told the country: "Our priority is on crime; it is my respectful view that Mr Warner is a person of action, and he will be very useful in the Ministry of National Security and, indeed, as I said, I listened to many persons in coming to conclusions in making decisions, and so based on conversations I had with various persons, both against the Government and for the Government, we were able to ask Mr Warner to serve in that position."
Sandy, like former People's National Movement (PNM) minister of National Security Martin Joseph, had come under sustained criticism for failing to stem the crime wave in the country.

Warner told the Chamber of Commerce last July that he had given himself a six-month deadline to be held accountable for making a reduction in crime.  At a breakfast meeting at its Westmoorings headquarters, Warner told the business sector, "If in a year—no—make that if in six months, you call me back and there is no marked decrease in crime, then you can hold me accountable."  At that meeting, he warned the Chamber not to "believe that there is any Superman to solve crime. No demigod…no miracle man that would come walking through the desert like Moses and wave his staff, and zap! Everything is okay. That can't happen!"
He said eradicating crime was everybody's business, and there was no such thing as Warner's crime plan. He also promised to hold meetings with former National Security ministers and with all stakeholders, including the Chief Justice. Whether these meetings took place is not known.
The Express was unable to reach chamber president Andrew Sabga yesterday for a comment on Warner's performance to date.

One month following Warner's appointment, Cabinet approved $289.6 million to boost the ministry's continued fight against crime.  At a post-Cabinet meeting at the Diplomatic Centre on August 17, Warner said the money would be used to hire more manpower, modernise the response technology and enhance the police fleet of vehicles. He said $60 million would be spent on the full-time establishment of 5,000 special reserve police (SRP) and $5.1 million to establish police community support group officers throughout the nine divisions of the country.

He added that $164.5 million was to be used to acquire new technology to detect crime and improve the E999 rapid-response system while another $300 million was targeted to purchase 300 vehicles. He had also promised that his new crime plan was "in the works", adding, "Let me advise you once again, that you shall feel the effects of the plan; when the plan is implemented, it shall be swift, it shall be surgical, it shall be clinical, and this country shall begin a new era of safety."

One of the actions Warner took in his crime fight was to place a ban on crime information coming out of police stations. In October 2012, the Express reported that Warner told reporters during a lunch break of the budget debate in Parliament, "With immediate effect, I have decided that no figures of any kind would be given anywhere for any absence of murders."  He said it was felt that if the media stopped reporting crime, this could lead to a reduction in the crime rate. Crime statistics, however, are still available to the media.

Warner also disclosed that part of his crime plan featured "close to 100" initiatives, which included the Hoop for Life and a job fair at the St Paul Street Community Centre in October.
He had also indicated last July that a Tobago-specific crime plan was in the works to deal with crime against tourists, but the Express could find no evidence this was in fact done.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/The_myth_of_the__action_man_-192409781.html
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 23, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »
Ent he wanted the work bad. Let him take the flak now
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »
Updated score: 74 in 54.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 24, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »
Okay thanks!  :(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Of National Security Performance Update: 74 MURDERS IN 54 DAYS!!
« Reply #736 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »

And de end of the innings no where in sight......*sigh*   :'( :'(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 24, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »
Police kills 4 today drunk driving. 2 children. Mother and another lady. Manslaughter!
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 24, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »
Police kills 4 today drunk driving. 2 children. Mother and another lady. Manslaughter!

Inquest will hv 2 confirm that it is murder but feel free 2add d 1 from John John
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »

sickening
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 24, 2013, 06:01:33 PM »
does anyone know whether there is a citizen's forum or some other public organization that tackles the issue of violent crime and can place pressure on politicians and police?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 24, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »

Inquest will hv 2 confirm that it is murder but feel free 2add d 1 from John John
I can't keep up, so how much is the figure now?  :-[

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 24, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »

Yuh count the fella who got shot in Maraval last night??.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 24, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

Yuh count the fella who got shot in Maraval last night??.....

Last nite yuh late it have a yute in Lav.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
Boy, 16, shot dead
...Gunmen tell little brother to run

By Gyasi Gonzales

A TEENAGER on his way to share Sunday lunch with his mother was shot dead in John John, East Port of Spain, yesterday.

The victim was identified by police as Shakeel Aberdeen, 16.
Police said Aberdeen and his 12-year-old brother were walking through a track in Africa, John John when four men armed with guns approached them from behind around 11 a.m.
The killers told the younger brother to run home before shooting Aberdeen to the back of his head and back, police said. Aberdeen died on the spot.
Police investigators were unable to give a motive for the killing.
Aberdeen's mother, Sherma Critchlow, who arrived at the murder scene, said her children were staying by a relative a few houses lower down from where she lives.

"For no reason they just shot him in his head and his back and the thing is he was coming up by me for a meal but if ah know that this would have happened to him I would have come to him," she said.
Police officers who were at the scene of the mutiple fatality accident in Sea Lots had to respond to the murder scene to preserve any evidence.

Detectives of the Homicide Bureau and officers of the Crime Scene Unit subsequently arrived on the scene and Aberdeen's body was taken to the Port of Spain Mortuary.
Homicide Bureau officers are continuing investigations.

The murder toll stood at 73 up to last night according to an Express tally, while the murder toll for the comparable period last year stood at 60.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:25 PM »
Boy, 16, shot dead
...Gunmen tell little brother to run

By Gyasi Gonzales

A TEENAGER on his way to share Sunday lunch with his mother was shot dead in John John, East Port of Spain, yesterday.

The victim was identified by police as Shakeel Aberdeen, 16.
Police said Aberdeen and his 12-year-old brother were walking through a track in Africa, John John when four men armed with guns approached them from behind around 11 a.m.
The killers told the younger brother to run home before shooting Aberdeen to the back of his head and back, police said. Aberdeen died on the spot.
Police investigators were unable to give a motive for the killing.
Aberdeen's mother, Sherma Critchlow, who arrived at the murder scene, said her children were staying by a relative a few houses lower down from where she lives.

"For no reason they just shot him in his head and his back and the thing is he was coming up by me for a meal but if ah know that this would have happened to him I would have come to him," she said.
Police officers who were at the scene of the mutiple fatality accident in Sea Lots had to respond to the murder scene to preserve any evidence.

Detectives of the Homicide Bureau and officers of the Crime Scene Unit subsequently arrived on the scene and Aberdeen's body was taken to the Port of Spain Mortuary.
Homicide Bureau officers are continuing investigations.

The murder toll stood at 73 up to last night according to an Express tally, while the murder toll for the comparable period last year stood at 60.

WTF did I just read that.... what going on in this place?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #746 on: February 24, 2013, 11:50:12 PM »
I saw a picture of the Sea Lots crowd after the accident. It looked like BBC Africa was covering another conflict.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Of National Security Performance Update: 75 MURDERS IN 55 DAYS!!
« Reply #747 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:37 AM »
I saw a picture of the Sea Lots crowd after the accident. It looked like BBC Africa was covering another conflict.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!</a>

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:32:10 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 25, 2013, 07:57:13 AM »
What is the local community leaders doing about this?
No Government can help these people yes.

It getting to be worse and worse, a damn slum.  And the spillage leaking into other areas.
My own family almost lose he life, when a man tell him the same "run" statement.  Taking a taxi home, he end up getting rob and left with a broken arm.  Family run, he a track boy and bad luck he trip.  That's when these a$$holes catch him.  It's luck he not dead. 

These criminals just Stink. Ah wish them death

whey boy!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #749 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!</a>
I had tears in my eyes watching this video. Its easy to jump to conclusions about the situation since these communities have a reputation for antisocial behaviour. Upon closer examination I can empathize with the residence on human level. All things considered the spontaneous protest and the disruption caused are forgivable to say the least.

Some people think they ought to be shot in the head. That's where we are in T&T.

1]; } ?>