Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 182075 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Of National Security Performance Update: 75 MURDERS IN 55 DAYS!!
« Reply #750 on: February 25, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
I saw a picture of the Sea Lots crowd after the accident. It looked like BBC Africa was covering another conflict.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!</a>
I had tears in my eyes watching this video. Its easy to jump to conclusions about the situation since these communities have a reputation for antisocial behaviour. Upon closer examination I can empathize with the residence on human level. All things considered the spontaneous protest and the disruption caused are forgivable to say the least.

Some people think they ought to be shot in the head. That's where we are in T&T.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
What is the local community leaders doing about this?
No Government can help these people yes.

It getting to be worse and worse, a damn slum.  And the spillage leaking into other areas.
My own family almost lose he life, when a man tell him the same "run" statement.  Taking a taxi home, he end up getting rob and left with a broken arm.  Family run, he a track boy and bad luck he trip.  That's when these a$$holes catch him.  It's luck he not dead. 

These criminals just Stink. Ah wish them death

The prevailing fallacy in the nation is that the "slum" has geographical boundaries. The better view is that the "slum" is collectively the entire country.

Everyone will suffer as a consequence.

Collective future, collective fate.

The faster all citizens wrap their individual heads around that proposition, the better equipped we'll be to address this social decay.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 25, 2013, 03:33:17 PM »

It getting to be worse and worse, a damn slum.  And the spillage leaking into other areas.
My own family almost lose he life, when a man tell him the same "run" statement.  Taking a taxi home, he end up getting rob and left with a broken arm.  Family run, he a track boy and bad luck he trip.  That's when these a$$holes catch him.  It's luck he not dead. 

The prevailing fallacy in the nation is that the "slum" has geographical boundaries. The better view is that the "slum" is collectively the entire country.

The faster all citizens wrap their individual heads around that proposition, the better equipped we'll be to address this social decay.
:beermug: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 25, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »

:beermug: CO-SIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 25, 2013, 08:45:33 PM »

sounds good, but how exactly do we convince all citizens to wrap their head around this. what tangible incentive will be offered up to those outside or inside the 'geographic boundries' to address social decay...and what do we do while we are waiting for everyone to be convinced?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 25, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »

sounds good, but how exactly do we convince all citizens to wrap their head around this. what tangible incentive will be offered up to those outside or inside the 'geographic boundries' to address social decay...and what do we do while we are waiting for everyone to be convinced?

They can keep their head in the sand, because the decay has been affecting them for a long time now. Whenever you have to think about whether you can wear your new gold chain in town or not, that you have to roll up your window in traffic, that you have to scan the area carefully before you use an atm, or that you need to go jogging before it gets dark. The decay is there and everyone believe it's not their problem, that it's "them" and not "we". But we rather hide than address the sickness.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
I saw a picture of the Sea Lots crowd after the accident. It looked like BBC Africa was covering another conflict.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/41Ad_NlJdlc&amp;feature=player_embedded#!</a>

This video is level  :bs:   this is something that needs to change. The media needs to develop some type of morality, a different level  responsibility to the citizenry. Why show the people dead lying on the side of the road o national tv. I think it is tasteless, morally wrong and lack any responsibility in bringing information to the public.

The emergency responders also need to do a (99% increase) much better job of securing crime scenes, accident scenes and disasters. They do a poor job of keeping the public away, minimizing and debriefing the media. These things need drastic improvement.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 25, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »

The emergency responders also need to do a (99% increase) much better job of securing crime scenes, accident scenes and disasters. They do a poor job of keeping the public away, minimizing and debriefing the media. These things need drastic improvement.

So...how yuh suggest that they do dat now? Cuz maybe they attempted to and it was seen as sinister.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 25, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
While half the population has no sympathy or empathy for Morvant/Laventille people, I cannot see how they can brush over the incident that cause the riot. A policeman(guardian of society) killed 4 people by negligent driving. Then there is an appearance of cover by the police authorities to save the police who allegedly run over these people. Is not that they were carelessly crossing the road. Correct me if I am wrong about that.

Did the car not ride the pavement and struck the pedestians? Because they from Place de Mer(Sea Lots) they should shut up and accept their faith? That is what "god" plan for them because they poor, black and stupid? It good for them because they living dey? They is ah eyesore for them tourist? How can they trust the police. Police is enemy number for them. I bet you if the police was to do some of the things in the other communities that they do in the black communities, you would not hear the end of it. I watch that man cry for he wife and child? None ah we in that man sneakers? God Bless to the victims. And I have no sympathy from them coward bandits who use them people. They will get justice. rough or outherwise.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 25, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »

So...how yuh suggest that they do dat now? Cuz maybe they attempted to and it was seen as sinister.

I am talking in General, they do not do a good job. You see media personnel walking around murders normal, people coming and going, people up close taking photos with their phones. Better needs to be done within the initial response to a situation.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 25, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »

They can keep their head in the sand, because the decay has been affecting them for a long time now. Whenever you have to think about whether you can wear your new gold chain in town or not, that you have to roll up your window in traffic, that you have to scan the area carefully before you use an atm, or that you need to go jogging before it gets dark. The decay is there and everyone believe it's not their problem, that it's "them" and not "we". But we rather hide than address the sickness.

elan, the wealthy of south africa have been doing the same thing for decades. the wealthy and not so wealthy in the U.S. the same for hundreds of years. europe, india, china....pretty much the same thing for thousands of years.

the penalties for turning one's back....peeping out from behind an atm, jogging before dark or what have you...appear to be worth the price.

i asked a question on this same thread a few days ago about the existence of a citizen's coalition to address issues of crime and put pressure on politicians and police. not one man jack could answer, or be bothered to answer.

we celebrate, vote for, and trust men like jack warner to oversee our most important civic institutions. we have lawmen killing women and children on the road. our courts, the very instruments that are supposed to uphold justice are powerless to act in the face of blatant evidence of corruption on the part of this same warner, who already excusing these deaths as 'accidents'

the collective as it is often used is a purely academic notion. real unity comes from shared blood and sacrifice. the nation state in T&T is pure fiction. our history is essentially that of a bunch of dogs thrown into a cage to fight over scrap meat.

the reality is that nobody from westmoorings, valsayn or ellersly park is really that inconvenienced. money and power affords safe space and protection. and what do you really expect those folks, or anyone else from the outside to do stop this decay?

for me the answer lies squarely on the shoulders of each individual, within the reach of intelligence, age, and environment to protect and raise their children in a manner that will lead them to become productive citizens. not because of rigid ideology, but because of history and the complexities of the human condition. 

this is no joke. much like the civil rights movement in the U.S., the struggle for self-rule in india, and the abolishing of apartheid in S.A. it will require many individual acts of courage and sacrifice to even begin to sort out the mess. not just the elites and middle class, but also those we identify as being oppressed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:39:39 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 25, 2013, 11:42:30 PM »
Boy, 16, shot dead
...Gunmen tell little brother to run

By Gyasi Gonzales

A TEENAGER on his way to share Sunday lunch with his mother was shot dead in John John, East Port of Spain, yesterday.

The victim was identified by police as Shakeel Aberdeen, 16.
Police said Aberdeen and his 12-year-old brother were walking through a track in Africa, John John when four men armed with guns approached them from behind around 11 a.m.
The killers told the younger brother to run home before shooting Aberdeen to the back of his head and back, police said. Aberdeen died on the spot.
Police investigators were unable to give a motive for the killing.
Aberdeen's mother, Sherma Critchlow, who arrived at the murder scene, said her children were staying by a relative a few houses lower down from where she lives.

"For no reason they just shot him in his head and his back and the thing is he was coming up by me for a meal but if ah know that this would have happened to him I would have come to him," she said.
Police officers who were at the scene of the mutiple fatality accident in Sea Lots had to respond to the murder scene to preserve any evidence.

Detectives of the Homicide Bureau and officers of the Crime Scene Unit subsequently arrived on the scene and Aberdeen's body was taken to the Port of Spain Mortuary.
Homicide Bureau officers are continuing investigations.

The murder toll stood at 73 up to last night according to an Express tally, while the murder toll for the comparable period last year stood at 60.

This one hard.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 26, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
Makes you wonder about the age of the shooters.

I wonder how the Minister of Insecurity would categorize this one...sad sad day and this governnment had a crime plan.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:30:30 AM by MEP »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 26, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »
I had tears in my eyes watching this video. Its easy to jump to conclusions about the situation since these communities have a reputation for antisocial behaviour. Upon closer examination I can empathize with the residence on human level. All things considered the spontaneous protest and the disruption caused are forgivable to say the least.

Some people think they ought to be shot in the head. That's where we are in T&T.

Nah... I cyah sympathize with this emotional overreaction.  NOT to the point that you blocking highway and ready to fight police.  But that is just me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 26, 2013, 01:10:30 AM »

More tear gas and flash grenades, perhaps?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »

Tangible incentive? First off, the underlying assumption (for those outside the boundaries) that the rot won't reach their doorsteps is flawed. Usually by the time it's walking up the driveway, all hell has comprehensively broken loose. Prevention is incentive itself.

There are those who will flee. My focus isn't addressed to them (but we suffer from their departure). The ones who won't leave, or can't leave, are the ones to whom the portent and threat need to be self-evident.

Those inside the boundaries know the truth but they have to rationalise it differently because of direct and daily exposure compounded by direct and daily consequences.

Incentives to action for them have little meaning barring accompanying supportive actions outside the boundaries. The "insiders" are the ones who have to live in fear and caution and to whom making accommodations with the "bad eggs" is a routine. They know life has more to offer than that. They just haven't been shown any preconditions for change or haven't witnessed sufficient political will to alter the situation.

If "insiders" and "outsiders" fail to act together, we have a status quo of mutually reinforcing vacuums that changes nothing regarding the decay, and one that deepens conditions for a worsening of an already deteriorating social order. People inside "hotspots" and outside of "hotspots" have to act in a coordinated manner to counter the rot.

Different people will be galvanized to act by different motivations and at different times but, undoubtedly, some of the wilfully blind who remain falsely secure in their sense of insulation will have to feel to learn. This is often the price for bartering one's morality and values.

Convincing? I woudn't invest any effort in encouraging the intransigent to act. All of my efforts would be directed to driving change and resisting the rot. Naysayers and disbelievers tend to fall in to line once they sense a glimmer of the resurrection of life as they prefer it. Unfortunately for them, the sting of their inaction becomes a lingering sense of resentment by those who made sacrifices.

Anyone who wants a stake in the outcome has to leverage a stake in the solution.

The other risk of not recognising what I've asserted is that of balkanising the country outside the traditional variables of race and class ... on the fuel of interests and resources.

When enemies conspire the shit has true possibilities of hitting the fan.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:20:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Jack Warner: a case of expanding the national security portfolio?
« Reply #766 on: February 26, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »

Security Centre man back in T&T

Flying Squad issue...

Published:

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Director of the National Security Operations Centre Garvin Heerah reportedly returned to the country yesterday. However, the T&T Guardian was unable to contact him at his office yesterday for comment on the Flying Squad issue.

When a T&T Guardian team visited his office at Riverside Plaza, Port-of-Spain, yesterday, staff offered conflicting statements on his whereabouts. After being informed of the name of the media house, an official told the T&T Guardian: "We thought he was in the office but were told he left to attend a meeting at the Ministry of National Security."

Another official said: "Mr Heerah has not returned to T&T." Internal e-mails from the Ministry of National Security showed Heerah was aware that premises were being sought last year for the New Flying Squad Investigation Unit.

Eight vehicles for the unit were leased from Miscellaneous Marketing Ltd, El Socorro, after Heerah gave the go-ahead. Heerah answers to the Ministry of National Security which is headed by Jack Warner.

Warner said Heerah was expected to return to the country over the weekend and was due to submit a report on the squad in 24 hours. E-mails showed the ministry's accountant, Rocky Pacheco, was also in contact with members of the NFSIU. Retired police inspector Mervyn Cordner has repeatedly claimed Warner recalled him to head the unit.

Warner, however, has denied any knowledge of the NFSIU and said those culpable would be "dealt with." Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who is head of the National Security Council, and who last year left it up to Warner whether the unit would be set up, has ordered him to submit a report following the revelations.

The unit, which has to be sanctioned by the Commissioner of Police (CoP),  operated outside the T&T Police Service. The acting CoP has also said he was unaware of the NFSIU until he read the T&T Guardian story that exposed its illegal setting-up.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now 79 in 59.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Now 79 in 59.

I eh worried.   De Army coming to deal with the "niggas"...... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Now 79 in 59.

it falling apart eh

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now 79 in 59.

Yep so we go b ah rite
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
action Jack at work man ;D.....steups >:(.......like a running vibrator wit no pussy :laugh:.......movement without purpose or effect :pissedoff:
I pity the fool....

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
That count includes the 2 bodies found in a burnt out care trunk?

http://ttnewsflash.com/?p=22123

Two men locked in the trunk of a car burnt to death -

OFFICERS who responded to a report that a car was on fire at the Heights of Guanapo later discovered the burnt bodies of two persons in its trunk.

The bodies were identified as Jerome and Dale Ramsahai.

According to a police report, at about 12.15 pm officers of the Arima Police and Fire Stations responded to a report of a car on fire at 3 3/4mm, Heights of Guanapo. Upon arrival at the scene the blaze was extinguished, and upon checking the Nissan Tida motor car, the officers found the bodies of two persons in the trunk burnt beyond recognition. The District Medical Officer visited the scene and made the pronouncement. Police have reportedly identified the bodies at the scene.

Investigations are continuing.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
It's not just more frequent ,it's more brutal. We're entering a new phase.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:51:18 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
81 in 60. Each murder seems more heinous than the last....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
81 in 60. Each murder seems more heinous than the last....
Nah boy, this is getting beyond ridiculous now!  :-[

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Father call me today say he know one of the fellas good. He was in disbelief.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Father call me today say he know one of the fellas good. He was in disbelief.

Sooner rather than later all of us will know somebody who get killed. I had mines 2 yrs ago

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
police said this has all the makings of a hit..and by the sheer gruesomeness and apparent randomness, i tend to agree...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
police said this has all the makings of a hit..and by the sheer gruesomeness and apparent randomness, i tend to agree...

Yes but y is what we need 2 know.

1]; } ?>