Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 183919 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will Jack create history?
« Reply #1110 on: July 30, 2013, 01:56:50 PM »
People confusing delusional Chaguanus people for the rest of the country. Jack will mash up what's left of PP. Also Jack definitely not winning over any other seats dont be fooled. Chaguanus only vote for him because he play a modern day Pablo Escobar fixing road and giving away money. That shit not pulling no weight in Arima etc.

I eh too sure bout dat breds...ent Arima put Anil in he seat?
Since dais Jack golden boy..is just a matter of time before Anil slither across into the green fields like da fat weasel Volney

ahmmm .. are fat weasels and demonic pigs in the genus?

I doh tink so...weasel doh taste good in pelau
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 30, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
I dont think you all understand just how low the bar is in politics here and how easy it is to impress people. All people want are a few box drain etc and to see their MP to appear hardworking. So what if seats like Diego Martin etc don't want for much. They are just a few places around the country that want for very little. The PNM barely won that seat last time. Call it the Manning effect or whatever but PNM still hasn't washed that stink from it.

Manning like Robbie looking like heroes. People 4get bout all the wrongs he did.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 30, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »
Volney resign from UNC. Breaking

I dear Kamla to expel him and call a Bye Election.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »
Unc has 19 seats right now...Interesting

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 30, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »
Anil is D'abadie Omeara. Roger Samuel is Arima.

I dunno how different the result would have been in a general election, or if Kamla was still popular. I however note the fact of "so wha if he tief? He do plenty for people" which real people using as a mantra or a justification. I not sure how much effect that would have if ILP were to contest a general or local govt election...but its an eye opening thing.

And a testament to the kind of "representation" people have gotten.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »

I dunno how different the result would have been in a general election, or if Kamla was still popular. I however note the fact of "so wha if he tief? He do plenty for people" which real people using as a mantra or a justification. I not sure how much effect that would have if ILP were to contest a general or local govt election...but its an eye opening thing.

Boy it real eye opening.......ah hear one woman say on Red 96.7 yesterday morning......"we doh want Kamla any more, Rowley arrogant, and Jack wukking for de ppl......so we going wid he"  so what if he is ah ole tief.....small ting.....he hard wukking!!

And the next mantra is "all dem ting is jess allegations....." yeah.....uh huh....because we are a 2 x 4, green fig republic is why they are still "jess allegations"...... ::) ::)

Real twilight zone stuff......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 31, 2013, 06:30:50 AM »

Boy it real eye opening.......ah hear one woman say on Red 96.7 yesterday morning......"we doh want Kamla any more, Rowley arrogant, and Jack wukking for de ppl......so we going wid he"  so what if he is ah ole tief.....small ting.....he hard wukking!! And the next mantra is "all dem ting is jess allegations....." yeah.....uh huh....because we are a 2 x 4, green fig republic is why they are still "jess allegations"...... ::) ::)

The majority of Trinidadians don't have time for morality and honor and stuff.
It is years now both PNM and UNC cultivating this horror, it manifests itself eveywhere you turn... indiscipline in schools, on the roads, in public offices, in public spaces, in fetes, carnival on our beachs... everywhere.

If you think people in Arima or Charlotteville more sophisticated in what they want out of politicians then yuh not living in TT.

Jack is exactly what this crazed multitude wants and he will sweep this country like a maelstrom

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Samad-vows-to-be-Jacks-nemesis-217685981.html

Samad vows to be Jack’s nemesis
By Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jul 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM ECT
Story Updated: Jul 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM ECT
ACTIVIST Ishmael Samad yesterday vowed to be the “nemesis” of newly re-elected Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West, Jack Warner.
Samad said he considers Warner’s resounding victory in the Chaguanas West by-election “a slap” in the face.
Samad, leader of the Party for Integrity and Morality in Politics (PIMP), was among five others who registered with the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) to contest Warner in the by-election.
Last week, however, Samad withdrew from the race.
Samad said he pulled out of the election so as not to split the votes in what he believed would be a tight election race. The PIMP leader yesterday staged a one-man protest near the statue of Captain Arthur Andrew Cipriani located along the Brian Lara Promenade, Independence Square in Port of Spain.
Samad said following news of Warner’s victory he had  to make a “dramatic statement”.
He shaved his head.
“The fact that the people of Chaguanas West would elect a person of that character in light of all...that avalanche of accusations against him, it tells you a lot about us,” Samad said.
Samad was yesterday armed with a placard questioning Warner about $4.5 million in aid from world football governing body, FIFA, earmarked for earthquake ravaged Haiti that could not be accounted for.
“I intend to be Jack Warner’s nemesis. I intend to follow him everywhere he goes. Everyday he is in that Parliament I am going to be there calling on him to account,” Samad said.
Samad warned Warner to walk with a “10-man strong security team” wherever he goes.
“I campaigned on the issue of Haiti, where the money gone $4.5 million. That is what I was campaigning on, I take this (Warner’s election victory) very personal. It is a personal slap in my face that people would say....all they saying is ‘Haiti we sorry, but we love our Jack’. I cannot take that,” Samad said.
Samad expressed “shock and disgrace” over the results of the Chaguanas by-election.
Samad said despite an 11-part series by head of  Express Investigative Desk Camini Marajh, the Chaguanas West constituents still voted for Warner.
“I feel a sense of psychic shame to be a Trini but you know what, this is a war and this is just one battle. There are several battles and I come out to win. I am outraged at what happened last night and I had to do something so I shaved my head, I can’t make a more dramatic statement,” Samad said.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/FALLOUT-217689351.html

FALLOUT
UNC defeat in Chaguanas West by-election

By Ria Taitt Political Editor
Story Created: Jul 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM ECT
Story Updated: Jul 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM ECT
Jack Warner’s victory in Chaguanas West has laid bare some uncertainties within the People’s Partnership coalition.
The People’s Partnership, which won 29 seats in May 2010, started out  with a 21/6/2 equation—21 United National Congress (UNC) members, six from the Congress of the People (COP) and two from the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP).
By yesterday, with the resignation of St Joseph MP Herbert Volney from the UNC and the electoral success of the Independent Liberal Party (ILP)  leader Warner, the UNC numbers were reduced to 19. And there is now doubt about the stabi­lity of those numbers since observers feel that with the strength of Warner’s victory, the ILP could serve as a rallying point for those who see themselves as margina­lised within the coalition.
With the entry of the ILP, it also means the country now has a six-party Parliament—the largest number in the legislature’s political history. The 41-member Parliament would now comprise the UNC, COP, TOP, ILP and People’s National Movement (PNM). The National Joint Action committee (NJAC), which would make six, has a lone member in the Senate.
Political observers yesterday said with the victory of Warner, there is likely to be a power shift within the Partnership, away from the Prime Minister and increasingly toward the individual members of Parliament, whose support is necessary to keep her Government in office. The Prime Minister needs every man on board now.  And the hands of individual MPs are likely to be strengthened.
Arima MP Rodger Samuel, who told the COP National Council he planned to resign from the Government two weeks ago, yesterday declined to reveal his political plans.
He said he was hoping to have a meeting with the Prime Minister shortly. “Sometime this week, I will meet with her and share all that is in my heart,” he said. He said he owed it to her, to speak with her first before saying anything to anybody. “After I speak with her, then I’ll take it to the next level,” he said.
Ortoire Mayaro MP Winston “Gypsy” Peters, who opted to attend the ILP victory rally instead of going to the UNC camp, was asked yesterday whether he had any intention of leaving the UNC. “Well, let me explain something to you. I don’t know. One could never tell. One never knows what would happen in the future... I don’t have a crystal ball. One never knows. I never even knew I was going to be a UNC. I don’t know what would happen tomorrow or the day after. I am a member of the UNC now. That’s what I am. And I am a loyal member of the UNC—right now... But one never knows. Politics is a very fluid thing,” he said.
Gypsy said he went to Warner’s camp because Warner “was my rela­tive and my friend. He is respon­sible for me being in politics”. He said he was no fair-weather friend.
Samuel said yesterday he had always received “tremendous respect” from Warner. “I  cannot fault him for that. One of the persons that respected me tremendously was him,” Samuel said. He said he texted Warner late last night to congratulate him, saying that “he needed to take some time and to give God some time”.
Asked his thoughts on the election result, Samuel said it was expected. “Whatever God would have, God would have.”
Samuel said politics should not destroy friendships and those who were friends with Warner before should be able to go to his camp and congratulate him. “If you and I are playing football (on opposing teams), each of us playing to win and we would fight and tackle each other hard, but right after the game, you and I are friends,” he said, adding “we are brothers of humanity”.
Samuel said while his full fast (where he had no food) ended on Sunday, he was now on daytime fast from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., which continues for the next ten days. He said he would continue to pray for the nation. He conceded that the country was in an unpredictable time, “but God is still in charge of everything”.
TOP leader Ashworth Jack was asked how vulnerable the coalition was, and what was the position of TOP, whose two MPs formed part of the People’s Partnership.
Jack, whose TOP lost all 12 seats in the last THA election, said: “In politics, like in life, you are not sure who you are dealing with. Today people are one thing, tomorrow you wonder if it is the same person you knew the day before. So I would not hazard a guess to say how people feel. Because we can be so wrong.”
Jack said he did not want to “put his foot in his mouth” thinking that he knew people. He said he could not say where the two TOP MPs (Vernella Alleyne-Toppin and Delmon Baker) stood. He said could only speak for himself. He said it was sad that this situation (with Warner) had come to this. He hoped there was still room for reconciliation and that people could understand the country was bigger than us as individuals and we can put our differences behind in the interest of the country, he said.
Jack said Chaguanas West had taught the country the issue of race does not apply to ordinary citizens.
“All of us in the country, inclusive of Tobago, could learn from that,” said Jack. “I also think we treat our people so badly, sometimes with information that we are not so sure about. I makes me a bit sad to see how we treat each other. We really need to be a bit more careful with each other because, at the end of the day, people have families who are affected. Sometimes in our haste to look good, to say we first know of something, we tend to forget we are dealing with human beings. In the last couple of months and after this election, we should have learned a lesson from that—that there are sensitivities and we really need to be careful,” he said.
He said he believed the politics of this country had not been the politics of building, but of “division and spite”. “We try to see how many bad things we could say about each other. And I feel sad about that sometimes,” he said.
Jack said he had the greatest respect for “both leaders”—Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Warner—and believed they could find  a way to transcend “some of the pettiness that we see”.
The first formal fracture of the People’s Partnership took place when the Movement for Social Justice broke with it. Since then, there have been expressions of dissatisfaction by the elements within the COP

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 31, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »
Disgrace former Trinidad soccer executive makes political comeback

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/31/3533421/disgraced-former-trinidad-soccer.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 31, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »

Boy it real eye opening.......ah hear one woman say on Red 96.7 yesterday morning......"we doh want Kamla any more, Rowley arrogant, and Jack wukking for de ppl......so we going wid he"  so what if he is ah ole tief.....small ting.....he hard wukking!!

And the next mantra is "all dem ting is jess allegations....." yeah.....uh huh....because we are a 2 x 4, green fig republic is why they are still "jess allegations"...... ::) ::)

I refuse 2belive the majority of Trinidadians believe that and would make Jack PM. if Jack becomes PM my sis have 2 file 4me b4 d immigration laws change or I will have to find my fther family and go live Vincy I will not live here if JW is PM.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »
People confusing delusional Chaguanus people for the rest of the country. Jack will mash up what's left of PP. Also Jack definitely not winning over any other seats dont be fooled. Chaguanus only vote for him because he play a modern day Pablo Escobar fixing road and giving away money. That shit not pulling no weight in Arima etc.

:beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1122 on: August 03, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »
The implications of Jack Warner’s return to parliament and the manner of his ascendancy have created shockwaves in the political landscape. One week after Jack Warner’s victory at the polls political ads are still being run on primetime television. He’s using the momentum of the electoral victory to occupy the public’s mental space as he is not satisfied with Chagaunas West alone. The perennial kingmaker wants a crack at the throne for himself.

The culture of dependency in Trinidad especially has reached maturity to the extent that Jack Warner boldly refers to himself as Uncle Jack - A trustworthy and benevolent character ready to deliver goodies to all and sundry. The people of Chaguanas West apparently lapped it up. I listened to his plans and quietly asked is he saying that in order to be a good MP you must possess enormous sums of wealth and use it to ‘help’ people.To many who read that last sentence it may appear harmless in fact virtuous. It’s just that it’s not actually a plan, it’s not sustainable and it’s not replicable.

I observed this election with a degree of amusement. Not to be frivolous but it was the only emotion I could muster from the insanity that ensued. I saw Kamla Persad-Bissessar feign ignorance as is her custom when she  attacked  Jack Warner on matters that she consistently defended him about for the past three years. I also saw Jack Warner paint a picture of a cabal hell bent on manipulating the Prime Minister. In the background of that picturelay a group of non-performers and farther still another group concerned only with enriching themselves and their families. To the ignorant it must appear that these convictions had their genesis mere months ago. To the diligent it smacks of unbridled hypocrisy and inextricable, intertwined corruption

To say that Warner is unsuitable for public office is a truism and an understatement. That fact the he has been re-elected is an indictment on the ethical judgment of the voters and the failure of our political system to filter and discard those of reprehensible character, even when it is blatant. The irony of this disaster is despite all of Jack Warner’s sins committed at TTFF/TTFA, CFU, CONCACAF, and FIFA and despite all of his cowboy style of maneuvering and utter disregard for institutional procedures and the rule of law he has managed to hold the trust of voters. Staying close the ground, touching folks and being accessible are basic tenets for office seekers to follow. He did that better than anyone and it helped to always have a team of video journalists there to record it.

One notable shift in way we vote is that if and when a constituency’s preferred party defies their wishes regarding the choice of candidate voters will either abstain or defect. Patrick Manning made this mistake in 2010 when he spurned Penelope Beckles and the PNM lost Arima. Kamla Persad-Bissessar was not mindful and even worse was complacent in her selection of Khadija Ameen who to be polite was a weak candidate. Persad-Bissessar thought that she could depend on traditional support. She was wrong and her concession speech revealed a lack of stability in her Government.

I looked on as councilors and recycled politicians switched sides and read the comments from various MPs within the People’s Partnership obfuscating their intent to pursue the next opportunity and can’t help but feel that the whole thing is rotten. It’s old wine in an old wineskin, dyed green. They have no cogent philosophy and no plan beyond winning elections which at this point should be all too familiar to us. We the people must take these parties to task evaluate them intelligently. If not the trend of poor governance on the road to state failure will continue.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 04, 2013, 05:48:23 AM »
Jah boy...... :applause: :applause: :applause:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 04, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »
Just in case yuh eh get to read the play:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Jack-ILP-to-launch-local-govt-campaign-next-week-218177832.html?m=y&smobile=y&clmob=y&c=n

The Independent Liberal Party (ILP) will officially launch its campaign for the local government elections next Friday.

ILP interim leader Jack Warner returned to the Parliament yesterday and was sworn in, having won the Chaguanas West by-election on Monday as the ILP candidate.

Questioned by the media on what it was like to be back, Warner said he felt at home after a three-month hiatus where he engaged in a “bruising campaign” with Government machinery against him yet he emerged successful with a landslide victory in the United National Congress (UNC) heartland.

Warner said it was unprecedented that he won all 51 polling stations in the by-election. The launch of the ILP’s local government election campaign, he said, will take place on Friday next to the Tunapuna market.

He said the ILP will definitely be vying for the Tunapuna/Piarco Regional Corporation and the Chaguanas Borough Corporation as these two corporations service the needs of his constituency and he cannot deliver to the people without their assistance.

Warner said the Sangre Grande Corporation will also be contested by the ILP, pointing out that councillors from that corporation have joined ranks with the ILP.

A strategic committee, he said, will look at what other corporations the ILP will contest.

Warner said there were some persons who were still “bitter and vindictive” in the aftermath of the Chaguanas West by-election but he will deal with them at a convenient time and expose them to the public.

The spotlight was on Warner at yesterday’s parliamentary opening and he was greeted by a number of former colleagues as well as members from the Opposition and Independent benches.

“I was greeted only by Gypsy, Fuad Khan and Volney...as expected all the others were just merely sham and I didn’t take them seriously, some of them couldn’t even open their eye,” said Warner.

He said when Attorney General Anand Ramlogan greeted him, he told the AG that he was disappointed in him.

Warner said he could not be bothered by COP leader Prakash Ramadhar’s greeting as Ramadhar had said he sent a congratulatory message and Warner responded, “Yes, yeah right.”

Warner blanked the cocktail reception which followed the parliamentary opening. He opted for a private drink with his friends at the Hyatt Regency hotel.

“Mr Khan is my friend, he’s always been and will always be through good time and bad times and so too is Gypsy and so too is Volney, that’s why we are going for our own private drink at the Hyatt and not mixing with them upstairs because I can’t “chook” with people who don’t like me and otherwise,” he said.

On President Anthony Carmona’s speech, Warner said it was the best he has ever heard and it should be published and distributed to the people and everyone should have a copy of it in their homes.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 04, 2013, 08:29:40 PM »
The implications of Jack Warner’s return to parliament and the manner of his ascendancy have created shockwaves in the political landscape. One week after Jack Warner’s victory at the polls political ads are still being run on primetime television. He’s using the momentum of the electoral victory to occupy the public’s mental space as he is not satisfied with Chagaunas West alone. The perennial kingmaker wants a crack at the throne for himself.

The culture of dependency in Trinidad especially has reached maturity to the extent that Jack Warner boldly refers to himself as Uncle Jack - A trustworthy and benevolent character ready to deliver goodies to all and sundry. The people of Chaguanas West apparently lapped it up. I listened to his plans and quietly asked is he saying that in order to be a good MP you must possess enormous sums of wealth and use it to ‘help’ people.To many who read that last sentence it may appear harmless in fact virtuous. It’s just that it’s not actually a plan, it’s not sustainable and it’s not replicable.

I observed this election with a degree of amusement. Not to be frivolous but it was the only emotion I could muster from the insanity that ensued. I saw Kamla Persad-Bissessar feign ignorance as is her custom when she  attacked  Jack Warner on matters that she consistently defended him about for the past three years. I also saw Jack Warner paint a picture of a cabal hell bent on manipulating the Prime Minister. In the background of that picturelay a group of non-performers and farther still another group concerned only with enriching themselves and their families. To the ignorant it must appear that these convictions had their genesis mere months ago. To the diligent it smacks of unbridled hypocrisy and inextricable, intertwined corruption

To say that Warner is unsuitable for public office is a truism and an understatement. That fact the he has been re-elected is an indictment on the ethical judgment of the voters and the failure of our political system to filter and discard those of reprehensible character, even when it is blatant. The irony of this disaster is despite all of Jack Warner’s sins committed at TTFF/TTFA, CFU, CONCACAF, and FIFA and despite all of his cowboy style of maneuvering and utter disregard for institutional procedures and the rule of law he has managed to hold the trust of voters. Staying close the ground, touching folks and being accessible are basic tenets for office seekers to follow. He did that better than anyone and it helped to always have a team of video journalists there to record it.

One notable shift in way we vote is that if and when a constituency’s preferred party defies their wishes regarding the choice of candidate voters will either abstain or defect. Patrick Manning made this mistake in 2010 when he spurned Penelope Beckles and the PNM lost Arima. Kamla Persad-Bissessar was not mindful and even worse was complacent in her selection of Khadija Ameen who to be polite was a weak candidate. Persad-Bissessar thought that she could depend on traditional support. She was wrong and her concession speech revealed a lack of stability in her Government.

I looked on as councilors and recycled politicians switched sides and read the comments from various MPs within the People’s Partnership obfuscating their intent to pursue the next opportunity and can’t help but feel that the whole thing is rotten. It’s old wine in an old wineskin, dyed green. They have no cogent philosophy and no plan beyond winning elections which at this point should be all too familiar to us. We the people must take these parties to task evaluate them intelligently. If not the trend of poor governance on the road to state failure will continue.
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 10, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UB5casFxfhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UB5casFxfhc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 10, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
looooool
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1128 on: August 13, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
If Jack still had his green card he could not have worked in Parliament?

And the US would not need permission to extradited him if he was found guilty.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1129 on: August 15, 2013, 01:59:39 AM »
GORDON PROBES JACK’S CLAIMS
By Renuka Singh (Express)

Glenn welcomes investigation: Integrity Commission initiates action on allegation that a minister owns 6 palatial homes

The Integrity Commission is using its own initiative to investigate corruption allegations against a Govern­ment minister made by Independent Liberal Party (LIP) interim leader Jack Warner during the Chaguanas West by-election campaign.

In a media release yesterday, the commission signalled its intention to investigate Warner’s claim that a Government minister had acquired six houses, one of which came from a contractor in exchange for that contractor receiving a $36 million contract.

The commission is also investigating the allegation that the same minister “received a house from a businessman in exchange for the businessman having some of his properties rented by the minister’s ministry”.

Commission chairman Ken Gordon yesterday said while the commission usually investigates complaints brought to it, it has decided to invoke Section 33 of the Integrity in Public Life Act and investigate Warner’s claims without a formal complaint before the commissioners.

The commissioners are Gordon, retired justice Sebastian Ventour (deputy chairman), Seunarine Jokhoo, Deonarine Jaggernauth and Dr Shelly-Anne Lalchan.

On July 23, seven days before the Chaguanas West by-election, Warner, during a public meeting at the Marchin Recreation Grounds in Cunupia, showed pictures of six “palatial homes” which he said belonged to one Government minister who “could not afford to buy a doubles” before his ministerial post.

Though Warner was careful not to name the minister, the day after the allegations were made, Minister of the People Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh stepped forward to deny them, saying then that he owned one home that was still mortgaged and incomplete.

“It is a judgment call based on the seriousness of the allegations,” Gordon said.

“The Integrity Commission always prefers that people write the complaint as the basis for our work, but according to the act, we do not need something to be before us in order to act,” he added.

The release stated that in accor­dance with Section 33 (a) of the act, “the Integrity Commission may, on its own initiative, consider and enquire into any alleged breaches of the act or any allegations of corrupt or dishonest conduct by persons in public life. The commission has decided to pursue this matter”.

Gordon said while the commission still lacked the manpower to investigate everything alleged in the course of the by-election campaign, it would be taking more self-initia­ted action.

“It is not something we could sit down and decide whimsically to investigate everything that occurs, but we will be selectively investigating some matters,” he said.

According to Gordon, “It (Section 33 of the Integrity in Public Life Act) has been used at least three times in the past. We feel now that it must be made clear that we must act.”

Gordon also said the commission wanted to make it clear that it would be using its own initiative to investigate violations of the act.

Ramadharsingh, in a telephone interview yesterday, said he “welcomed” the investigation as a means to “clear the air” after Warner made the “salacious” allegations.

“I have a very good relationship with the Integrity Commission. They have not contacted me, but I hope that they are going to use their initiative to investigate other matters, too,” he said.

Warner, in a telephone interview, said he too “welcomed” the investigation, though he found it “unusual” they would investigate without a formal complaint.

“I have the proof to back up every­thing I say on the platform. Everything,” he said.

Warner said he was so confident that he was right, that if he was proven wrong, he intended to kneel and kiss Ramadharsingh’s feet in apology.

“I will kiss his ring and his feet if I am wrong. That is how confident I am in my information,” he said.
Warner said he had more information, adding that the level of corruption he has uncovered was “bad, bad”.

“Information comes to me in droves, droves. And it is not good. I have to talk to my lawyers before I could even reveal some of it because I do not want to cause the demise of the Government. It is that bad,” he said.

Statement by Integrity Commission

The Integrity Commission of Trinidad and Tobago in the exercise of its mandate under Section 33 (a) of the Integrity in Public Life Act (IPLA), has taken a decision to initiate an investigation into allegations of corruption made by Mr Jack Warner, MP against a Government minister.

Mr Warner, at a political campaign meeting on July 23, 2013, for the Chaguanas West constituency, made statements alleging that a Government minister had, “since becoming a minister acquired six houses, one of which was received from a contractor in exchange for that contractor receiving a $36 million contract”. It was also alleged that “a minister of government allegedly received a house from a businessman in exchange for the businessman having some of his properties rented by the minister’s ministry.”

In accordance with Section 33 (a) of the IPLA the Integrity Commission may, on its own initiative, consider and enquire into any alleged breaches of the act or any allegations of corrupt or dishonest conduct by persons in public life. The commission has decided to pursue this matter.
The commission intends to inform the public from time to time, when it has decided to carry out investigations on its own initiative.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 15, 2013, 05:18:47 AM »

WOW Jack is really something..

This man (if GOD turns his back on Trinidad and Tobago) if he should become PM will be another Gairy, Duvalier or Mugabe.

He will rape and destroy these islands.

But with all of that I still think them fellas rell thiefing.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Warner fails to pay taxes
« Reply #1131 on: October 20, 2013, 03:48:07 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Warner-fails-to-pay-taxes-228494951.html

Austin Jack Warner, the once powerful football figure who boasted of having deep pockets before his entry into politics, has been operating outside this country’s tax laws with impunity for more than a decade in what tax experts say is a deliberate scheme to evade the payment of personal and corporate taxes.

And, as continuing Sunday Express investigations have found, he failed to disclose tens of millions of dollars in cash gifts received from miscellaneous sources and beneficial interests held in no less than 15 business entities as required by the Integrity in Public Life Act (IPLA) 2000. (See Page 20)

Warner, who has been the subject of national and international investigations into allegations of financial fraud, has failed to file corporation tax returns for all of his registrable interests disclosed in his statements of return made to the Integrity Commission (IC), the State watchdog agency tasked with keeping public officials honest.

The stockpile of evidence, collected in an ongoing Sunday Express investigation, reveal that the former government minister, Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West, interim political leader of the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) and the man who is offering himself as a prospective prime minister of this country, failed to file corporation tax returns for any of his many business interests in more than a decade and in one or two instances—seven years. 

Off the Grid
In the case of three of his business interests—Eastern Agricultural Resorts Ltd, JAW Holdings Ltd and JAW Ltd—there is no record of any of these companies even being registered with the Board of Inland Revenue (BIR), according to persons with knowledge of the situation. Warner, who served at times as this country’s acting prime minister and is the listed owner of a substantial business empire which  includes the US$26 million Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, also failed to file any personal income tax returns for the last three years.

His last return filed in 2009 reported a net income of TT$651,893 with consultancy fees from the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) of US$75,000 or TT$472,500. Total emolument income, including pension, was said to be $179,393. His tax return, however, failed to reflect honoraria payments made by football’s ruling body for North and Central America and the Caribbean (Concacaf) of which he was president until a 2011 cash-for-votes corruption scandal put an end to his world football administrator career.

Concacaf insiders report that Warner was provided with an American Express card with a US$10,000 a year credit limit, attendance fees of US$10,000 per board meeting (this figure was increased to US$15,000 in 2010), a per diem allowance of US$175 and hotel and air travel expenses whenever he had to go abroad on Concacaf’s business. The board of the region’s governing football body met twice, sometimes three times a year.

Warner also failed to disclose the honoraria payments he received from Concacaf to the IC in direct breach of the IPLA legislation. In a December 9, 2011 response to an IC request for additional information relating to his statement of registrable interests, he made clear that he was “not employed by Concacaf” and had been provided only with a vehicle from the football body.                                                           

Tax Evasion
He also reported not being in receipt of any employment or dividend income from 11 of the 12 business entities he disclosed an interest in to the IC. The list of Warner’s 11 comprise: Sportel Ltd, Multi Stores Ltd, Eastern Agricultural Resorts Ltd, Jamad Maintenance Services Ltd, Reenalen Ltd, JAW Ltd, Renraw Ltd, Kantac Ltd, JAW Holdings Ltd, Joe Public Ltd and H&Z Ltd.

In correspondence dated February 7 this year, his long-time pal and accountant-in-chief Kenny Rampersad informed the IC that Warner held investments in the Cayman Island company, J&D International (which derived tens of millions of US dollars from Warner’s controversial acquisition of World Cup broadcasting rights for the region), and CCAM Ltd.

As reported in an earlier series published in this newspaper, Warner bought the TV rights for several World Cup editions for a mere US$1 in a backroom deal in Zurich. Publicly, the deal was sold as a rescue effort to save the financially-stricken Warner-created and controlled CFU but privately, the lucrative TV rights were diverted to Warner’s offshore company.

CCAM is one of three partners behind a trading entity called the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence (CoE), the disputed asset which was listed on the books of Concacaf for years by Rampersad and which Warner claimed was a gift from FIFA. CCAM has failed to file corporate tax returns for more than a decade or pay any taxes, including VAT.

Opaque Dealings
Renraw Ltd, the other business partner behind the CoE has also failed to file corporation tax returns for the last seven years in clear contravention of the Income Tax Act. It has, however, filed VAT returns, for the CoE. But the revenue figures submitted in the VAT filings for the CoE in the last 14 years, according to persons with knowledge of the situation, suggest under-reporting and in some instances, no reporting of income.

For example, Renraw claimed an average annual CSM (Commercial Supplies Made) or revenue stream  of  TT$7.5  million
 in each of the last four years which gave it a VAT liability of about $300,000 a year. In 2000, Renraw reported $1.3 million income for the CoE.  No return was filed for 2001 and in 2002, revenue was reported at $2.9 million.

Concacaf’s financial statements for 1999 show payments of US$1,415,388 or TT$8.8 million going to the CoE for what is described as “courses”. In 2001, this figure went up to US$2,291,762 or TT$13.9 million. In 2009, Concacaf paid CoE US$650,738 or just over TT$4 million for courses run at the Macoya sport and hotel facility. In 2010, the figure was US$578,608 or TT$3.6 million. Renraw did not file VAT returns for the CoE for several years including 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008.

It is not clear whether the VAT returns filed by Renraw represent that company’s share of earnings from the CoE and whether they include revenue from Bollywood concerts, trade shows, weddings and miscellaneous other events. The tax laws require each member of a partnership to disclose income to the BIR. In this case, none of the partners, including Warner himself, disclosed income to the national tax collection agency. Warner also failed to disclose income from his Cayman activities.

Withholding VAT
And in yet another contravention of Trinidad and Tobago’s tax laws, a trading entity called Le Sportel Inn, another Warner business creation owned by the same three partners—CCAM, Renraw and Warner—and the apparent management company of the CoE, has been issuing invoices without evidence of a VAT registration number stated in the billing document, as required by law.

Documents obtained by this newspaper show another Warner company, Jamad Ltd doing the same thing. A 2004 Jamad invoice shows office rent charges issued to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) for $30,000 with a 15 per cent tax rate of $4,500. It is not clear whether the tax charged is for VAT but the company has not filed VAT returns since April 14, 2003.

Sources report that some of these matters, all criminal offences, have been engaging the attention of the tax authorities and the Integrity Commission. Warner, who failed to disclose his shareholder interest in Jamad Ltd to the IC, received five cheque payments totaling $1 million in 2007 from contractor and UNC (United National Congress) financier Krishna Lalla.

Million dollar payments
He received $27.1 million in more cheque payments through an entity called Centre of Excellence/Indoor Facility and another half a million through the CFU from Lalla, none of which he disclosed to the IC and/or the Board of Inland Revenue as required by law.

Warner who entered public life in 2007 as a Member of Parliament also failed to disclose the huge cash payments he received from Lalla that year. In all, he is reported to have collected $60 million in cash and cheque payments from Lalla, who in court filings, contends the money was a loan. Warner insists it was a gift.

The controversial football figure who built a billion-dollar empire on a foundation of questionable gains also failed to report to the IC and to the BIR a US$250,000 cash payment he received in 2008 from disgraced ex-AFC (Asian Football Federation) president Mohamed bin Hammam. Adding to the complex web of inter-connected layering of companies are asset and property buys, warehoused in a myriad number of business entities.

As reported in the 12-part Sunday Express series published earlier this year, Warner is using a multitude of entities to hide his business dealings, including the theft of some $100 million in public and private sector funds paid to the TTFF in support of 2006 World Cup campaign. Financial statements and bank records in the possession of this newspaper show substantial payments in the tens of millions of dollars paid to Warner, his private companies, other family-owned businesses and another Warner-controlled creation called LOC Germany.

Maze of companies
JAW Ltd, a private Warner company, redirected more than $13 million in public and private sector money held at TTFF Republic West Mall and Long Circular branches to itself. Another $3 million in grant money paid to the national football federation was moved to Jamad Ltd, Warner companies that have not filed corporation tax returns in years.

The list of omitted entities in which Warner either had an interest or continues to hold a beneficial interest: Le Sportel Inn, Jamad Ltd, Catch of D’Day, Arouca Development Company (struck off the company registrar since its last annual return filing on December 15, 2012), Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Forbiz Ltd, LOC Germany 2006 Ltd, Ossature One Ltd, Concacaf, Magwar Ltd, D’Coal Pot, D’Reef Ltd, Semi Professional Football League, Dos Ninos Ltd and La Batimeat Ltd.
 Warner was unavailable for comment.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Warner fails to pay taxes
« Reply #1132 on: October 20, 2013, 03:52:07 PM »
The shocking part about this is not that Warner is a crook, it's that this is a newspaper investigation and not a Board Inland Revenue investigation, if such thing exists. This sort of practice is perpetrated all over the country by the parasitic oligarchy masquerading as the business community.

We didn't want property tax and we didn't want the Revenue Authority. To say this is unsustainable is an understatement.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ps20yaVyro" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8ps20yaVyro</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner fails to pay taxes
« Reply #1133 on: October 20, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
*watap*

PP go keep diggin up the skeletons

....sad to say , he still eh go make jail

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Warner: I've done more than my predecessors
« Reply #1134 on: July 25, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
JACK TO PAY $.2M
By JADA LOUTOO (Newsday).

CHAGUANAS councillor Faaiq Mohammed who was accused by Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner, last year, of taking a bribe is set to receive just under $.25 million in compensation for the attack on his character by the former government minister.

The figure of $220,000 was awarded to Mohammed by Justice Vasheist Kokaram yesterday, who held that the allegation made by Warner was “out-of-place, irresponsible and unsubstantiated.”

“There is absolutely no basis for the allegation of corruption which was levelled by Mr Warner against Mr Faaiq Mohammed,” the judge said. Warner was not in court when the judge gave his ruling, however Mohammed speaking to reporters after, said he considered the sum fair, but added he would have preferred a public apology from Warner.

“The judge made a proper statement that we should review the law and look toward making the defendant apologise because assassinating someone’s character is a serious thing. In this day and age all you have is your character.

“The money will not stop the hurt because sometimes up to this day when I hear the words, which I will not repeat, but when I hear the words, I still feel something inside,” Mohammed said as he left the Hall of Justice in Port-of-Spain with his parents and one of his lawyers, Kelvin Ramkissoon.

“At least I might still use this money and do something good for the people and it might exonerate my name,” Mohammed said. The 25-year-old UWI student initiated the lawsuit after he voted for a United National Congress (UNC) candidate for the post of presiding officer during the first meeting of the Chaguanas Borough Corporation, almost a month after the local government elections last October.

Mohammed, the councillor for Charlieville, claimed he was immediately expelled from the party by Warner, who then made defamatory statements about him, accusing him of taking a bribe.

Warner, in May, admitted defaming the expelled ILP member and accepted liability in the case.

Neither party could arrive at a settlement and as such the judge was forced to make a ruling on what the final figure should be.

Kokaram said Warner’s concession of liability could only mean that he accepted that his remarks could not be substantiated and were not made on an occasion which justified such a statement nor could it be reasonably said to be a responsible statement about Mohammed’s character and the manner in which he cast his vote.

He said the statements by Warner concerned corruption in public office as the taking of a bribe of $2.5 million or any sum was a criminal offence and a breach of the codes of public office.

“The more closely it touches the claimant’s personal integrity, professional reputation, honour, courage, loyalty and core attributes, the more serious it is likely to be. “I hope that by my making these clear statements at the outset I have demonstrated that the defamatory statements and their imputations of corruption were out of place, irresponsible and unsubstantiated,” Kokaram said.

“Having regard to the nature of our relatively young society and the emphasis that should be placed on development of self esteem and character as an inherent good for the advancement of our democracy the court should begin to examine more effective remedies that may be appropriate to suitably compensate a victim of this tort yet still keeping faith the objectives of the damages remedy,” he said.

The judge said the time had come to revisit the law of remedies in defamation law to ensure it kept in step with its objective of providing an effective remedy for persons. “We are presently out of step in our defamation reform with the rest of the Commonwealth,” he said.

According to Kokaram the law of damages in defamation cases fell short on vindicating someone’s reputation and was instead an obsessed conversion of dollar values of reputations.

“The real healing effect of a public or private apology or a public statement made in open court as recompense may be just as or more effective than a pound of silver,” he said.

In Mohammed’s case as he assessed the evidence, Kokaram said it was clear the councillor’s vote was motivated by his own conscience and what he perceived to be the will and desire of the people he represents in Charlieville.

“It was not a decision taken for private gain but in his view was a vote made for the advancement of his community,” the judge said. Warner was ordered to pay costs in the sum of $42,000. Mohammed was represented by Avory Sinanan, SC and Kelvin Ramkissoon while William McCormick, QC, Om Lalla and Dereck Balliram represented Warner.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner General Section Thread.
« Reply #1135 on: July 25, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »
whooooa!!! That was a quick judgement!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1136 on: January 24, 2015, 04:08:40 AM »
Jack ‘hanged’ - No-confidence motion against Howai fails
By Gail Alexander (Guardian).

Collapse was the outcome of Chaguanas West MP/ILP leader Jack Warner’s no-confidence motion in Parliament yesterday against Finance Minister Larry Howai. That, after Warner packed up his papers, gave up and walked out of the Parliament 20 minutes into his delivery after being cautioned by the House Speaker to stick to the motion.

After proceedings came to a premature end, PP House leader Roodal Moonilal told the T&T Guardian the Government on Monday would consider bringing a motion against Warner for abuse of privilege, bringing the Parliament into disrepute by failing to speak on his motion despite being approved and for bringing the Finance Minister into disrepute without evidence.

“Jack was hanged with the collapse of his motion. It was truly a bizarre, abnormal day in Parliament,” Moonilal added. After leaving Parliament, Warner, speaking to reporters outside of the Parliament chamber, claimed it was all part of an attempt to muzzle him and alleged the Speaker was part of it.

The parliamentary session, which usually ends at 4.30 pm, ended at 2.33 pm with Warner’s walk-out and when Speaker Wade Mark declared: “This debate has come to a premature end.” The motion of censure against Howai—present for yesterday’s debate—centred on Howai’s tenure as FCB’s CEO from 2006 to 2009 and involved a loan granted to the Carlton Savannah for construction of a hotel which allegedly affected FCB’s non-performing loan ratio.

Howai last night told the T&T Guardian he was disappointed the motion collapsed “as I would certainly have liked to have the opportunity to address the matter of the loan and the performance of the bank over the years. “I had taken the time to prepare fully for the debate once I was advised it was on the order paper.” Howai added: “I also wanted to clear up the fact that I had sent a pre-action protocol letter on the matter one week before the motion was filed.

“The explanation given may have made it sound as if my legal action was brought after the motion was filed. “I want to place on record that my legal action has nothing to do with the motion and actually preceded it. I also wanted the opportunity to place on record the stellar performance of the bank over the years.”

Before proceedings began, Mark told the Parliament it was not  his intention to stymie, stifle or muzzle freedom of speech in the chamber and as guardian of parliamentary privilege he stood in defence of that. He, however, noted he had received Warner’s motion on December 30, 2014 and approved it on January 5, 2015.

Mark said he only received a few hours ago notice from the High Court, dated January 16, 2015, on a matter concerning Howai and Azard Ali of Sunshine Publishing Company Ltd. Noting Parliament’s sub-judice rule that matters could not be dealt with while active and awaiting judgments or discontinuation in case they be prejudiced, Mark said he was not aware when he approved Warner’s motion that matter involving Howai and Ali was in court.

Mark said there was a comity between the Parliament and Judiciary and whatever was before each area, was dealt with and not interfered with by either. “We must not do anything to undermine the confidence of the judicial system,” he added. Mark said he had to be sure what Warner said in his motion would not address what was before the court and if so he would have to deny the motion. He said he could not preside over matters that brought the House into disrepute.

But, he said, he would allow Warner to speak and say if his motion was what was before the court. He said that was an individual case and not general law and “we are treading on dangerous ground.” PNM leader Keith Rowley expressed concern about a precedent which might be set if MPs “ran to the courts” to try to hamstring debate on issues with court action. Similar sentiments were expressed by PNM’s Terrence Deyalsingh.

Moonilal said there would be occurrences when the content of the motion would be similar to the court content but Moonilal said Government and Howai were “over prepared” for the debate. “We are ready, willing and able, bring it on.” he added.

I was muzzled—Jack

Warner later told reporters the High Court matter was filed after his motion and Howai did not send a pre-action protocol letter:

“Therefore this was done to muzzle me. But I have other forums,” he added. He said he could not speak about the  Carlton Savannah issue since it was in the court. He insisted the situation was done to muzzle him. In a subsequent statement, Warner said:

“While the Government may try to claim some kind of victory out of today’s proceedings, the fact is that the Government did not win but the people lost much.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1137 on: January 28, 2015, 05:38:59 PM »
Warner: I am not worried
By the Multimedia Desk

POLITICAL Leader of the Independent Liberal Party Jack Warner this afternoon confirmed receiving a letter from the President indicating that a Tribunal was to be set up to enquire into his financial affairs.

Warner said he was not worried or concerned over the decision. Warner, however, said the letter came to his home, two hours after the Office of the President issued a statement to the press regarding the Tribunal. The following is the statement -

Warner, Political leader of the ILP, replies to President Carmona's letter

I did receive a letter from President Anthony Thomas Aquinas Carmona, O.R.T.T.,S.C., President of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago at 7:30pm last night at my home in Five Rivers, Arouca indicating " the appointment of a tribunal to conduct an enquiry to verify the contents of the declarations of income, assets and liabilities and statements of registrable interests which I filed ...with the Integrity Commission of Trinidad & Tobago for the years ended December 31, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011."

It is informative to note that I received the President's letter, dated January 26, 2015 - my birthday, some two hours AFTER he issued his release to the Media.

I have since acknowledged receipt of same.

In the President's letter, I was given no date as to when the tribunal will start or who are the principals of the tribunal.

I am simply awaiting further information from the Office of the President.

There is nothing more that I can say on this matter except to state that, like the Political leader of the PNM, Dr Keith Rowley, who is now being investigated by a Commission of Enquiry on the Las Alturas Housing Estate matter , I, too, as Political leader of the ILP, am not in the least bit worried or concerned about this investigation.

I have been advised by others that instructions have been given that both matters must be concluded before April, 2015.

Respectfully submitted
Jack Warner
Political leader
Independent Liberal Party

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1138 on: February 01, 2015, 06:25:06 AM »
Jack: AG must step down
T&T Newsday

INDEPENDENT Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner yesterday took a turn at Attorney General Anand Ramlogan saying he should step down over current allegations of misconduct against him.

Ramlogan is under police probe after Police Complains Authority (PCA) director David West raised alleged issues of witness-tampering in Ramlogan’s libel lawsuit against Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

Speaking at Tower D, Port-of-Spain, Warner alleged that Ramlogan is “directly or indirectly” involved in many current allegations in the political sphere. “In the history of AGs in this country, I have never seen a worse display of an AG as I’ve seen here now,” opined Warner.

“If the Prime Minister (Kamla Persad-Bissessar) doesn’t wish to fire him, he should fire himself, because of all the issues raised against him. And this is just one more. People are asking what more must they do to rid themselves of this AG and I say to them that to rid themselves of this AG they have to rid themselves of the Government.”

He referred to the firing of former People and Social Development Minister Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh and the resignation of Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma over misconduct allegations, saying, in comparison, their “offences are minuscule in terms of the AG’s own.”

Warner even spoke of misconduct claims against him during his tenure as a FIFA vice-president.

“Jack Warner and FIFA, 20,000 miles away had allegations, and here we are with allegations of national interest and she is at a loss to take on that?” he asked.

“How could she hold that against Jack Warner and Ramadharsingh and not Ramlogan? And if she understands that Ramlogan is the Achilles heel of the Government, she’ll act sooner than later,” Warner said.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 01, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
Jack: AG must step down
T&T Newsday

Warner even spoke of misconduct claims against him during his tenure as a FIFA vice-president.

“Jack Warner and FIFA, 20,000 miles away had allegations, and here we are with allegations of national interest and she is at a loss to take on that?” he asked.

“How could she hold that against Jack Warner and Ramadharsingh and not Ramlogan? And if she understands that Ramlogan is the Achilles heel of the Government, she’ll act sooner than later,” Warner said.

Yuh have to be in a real mess to have Jack warner legitimately question your decency.

1]; } ?>