Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 182983 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner General Section Thread.
« Reply #1200 on: June 03, 2015, 10:20:02 PM »
ah taught Jack tonight in marabella would have said he was stepping down as political leader of the ILP but instead he was just grande charging.
If Jack had the interest of his party he will step aside and deal with his issues.he could even be in a familiar role of special adviser.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1201 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:29 AM »
Jack claims Fifa $$$ funded PP.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Embattled former Fifa vice-president and Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner is now saying that there is a link between Fifa’s millions and the successful People’s Partnership political campaign in 2010.

During an eight-minute address to the nation last night, Warner said he had compiled a series of cheques and supporting documents that corroborate his financial support to the PP's successful general campaign in 2010 and its link to Fifa. These documents have already been put in the hands of his attorneys.

“The link between Fifa, its funding and me, the link between Fifa, its funding and the United National Congress and the People’s Partnership government,” Warner said.

“These documents deal with the Section 34 fiasco, it also deals with my knowledge of the transactions at Fifa, including but not limited to its president Mr Sepp Blatter and lastly other matters involving the nation’s current Prime Minister.”

Warner said because he is now genuinely afraid for his life, he has passed the packet of documents on to several lawyers and the matter is now out of his hands.

“It is beyond even my own reach, retracting them is an impossibility. There can be no turning back,” he said.

He said his lawyers were making contact with local and foreign law enforcement officials based on the material contained in his statements.

“Even if these approaches do not bear fruit, my careful dissemination on the material to certain persons of standing in society means there can be no reversal,” he said, adding that this was a sad turn of events.

Warner apologised for not speaking out on these matters sooner and did not offer an explanation as to why he kept these ‘secrets’ away from the public.

“My judgement was initially that the People’s Partnership, as bad as it was, and still is, was better for this country than any other government, except possibly a government of the ILP,” he said.

“I will no longer keep secrets for them, I will no longer keep secrets for those persons who seek to actively destroy this country's hard-won international image.

“At the age of 72 years old, I have no intention of allowing them of depriving me of my freedom.”

Warner admitted that he had neglected his family for years and now they were experiencing a “turbulent future,” but said he had placed his own future in the hands of his constituents.

“I have told the truth in my statements and before you tonight, and with God’s grace, the people of this country will in due course make a judgement on the basis of what I said to them,” he said and asked for the people to pray for him and his family.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1202 on: June 04, 2015, 02:18:39 AM »
Govt did not jail Jack
By VERNE BURNETT (Newsday)

Government yesterday denied any involvement in Jack Warner’s jailing last Wednesday.

The former FIFA vice president, leader of the Independent Liberal Party and Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, spent Wednesday night at the State Prison on Frederick Street, Port- of-Spain after he was unable to have his bail documents approved in time to allow his release on the charges unsealed by US Attorney General Loretta Lynch in Brooklyn last week accusing him of involvement in a 24-year scheme to enrich himself by corrupting football.

At a news conference yesterday at the offices of the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Investment and Communications at Nicholas Towers, Independence Square, Port-of-Spain, Government spokesman, Andy Johnson said Warner spent the night in jail simply because of his failure to complete his bail arrangements on time following his court appearance on charges of racketeering, wire fraud and money-laundering.

Johnson said Warner’s jail stay was due only “to the fact that the system closed down before those arrangements were completed and of course you know that they were completed the following day and Mr Warner left the prison. Mr Warner is seeking to make a link between the Government of Trinidad and Tobago — I have heard him at least once accusing the Prime Minister of putting him in jail — but nothing could be further from the truth. The political administration does not get involved in matters of this sort and the process takes its course and the process is taking its course. He went to court and was remanded to appear at a later date.”

Johnson said that at no stage did the political administration have anything to do with the matter. “That would have been highly inappropriate and irregular.” He condemned the extent to which he said not only Warner but several other people in the country continue to make a link between the Government and Warner “that is patently not correct.”

He said that because of the widespread accusations the Government felt it was necessary to make the point that “nothing having to do with the proximity of elections to be called in Trinidad and Tobago and Mr Warner’s estrangement from the Government of which he had been a part — none of that matters and relates to what has been happening with these indictments based on investigations by the United States authorities at all.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 04, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

I will no longer keep secrets for those persons who seek to actively destroy this country's hard-won international image.

I wold be really interested in reading a book written by Warner before he die. In my opinion he understand the trinidadian (not necessarily tobagonian) psyche better than almost anybody, hence his 'success' as a politician.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1204 on: June 04, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

I will no longer keep secrets for those persons who seek to actively destroy this country's hard-won international image.

I wold be really interested in reading a book written by Warner before he die. In my opinion he understand the trinidadian (not necessarily tobagonian) psyche better than almost anybody, hence his 'success' as a politician.

Kind of like 'Mein Kampf'  ;)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 04, 2015, 02:46:35 PM »

kounty, you honestly feel all Trinidadians gullible. Like any politician, he has his followers no matter what. And a politician with money to spread around will always attract waggonist.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1206 on: June 05, 2015, 02:06:25 AM »
Jack of all funds.
By Sharlene Rampersad (Guardian)

I paid for Moonilal’s wife’s education

Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner says his support for the United National Congress (UNC) was not only limited to the party, as he now alleges he paid for deputy leader Dr Roodal Moonilal’s wife to study in London.

Warner, a former Fifa vice-president who was placed on Interpol’s “red notice” on Wednesday, made the claim during an ILP cottage meeting at Battoo Street, Marabella, on Wednesday night.

“Moonilal trying today to make my chairman name look bad and Moonilal trying to demean. Her and Moonilal of course forget that is I who pay to send his wife to school in London,” Warner alleged.

“And I must sit here and listen to Moonilal?”

Warner said while going through some of his documents, he found a receipt showing where he allegedly paid to rent a house in Santa Margarita for three months for the party. He said he also found a receipt where he gave the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) $350,000 on April 6, 2012, but said “Ashworth Jack will watch me and say I did not give him anything.”

He threw out a challenge to the Government to deny his claims, saying he had all the documents to show where his money was spent.

“Let them say I didn’t pay for a house for three months, let them say I didn’t give the TOP money, let them say I didn’t give Moonilal money for his wife’s education in London.

“I took a considerable amount of my resources, my resources Kamla, into supporting the person who is now your Prime Minister.”

Warner also said he has a number of tapes and documents on the link between the UNC’s 2010 campaign and Fifa funding that he will release soon.

“I have documents showing the link between Fifa funding and me, the link between Fifa, its funding the UNC and the PP Government in the general elections of 2010, documents on the Section 34 fiasco, documents on my knowledge of transactions at Fifa, including, and not limited to the President Sepp Blatter.”

He apologised to the country for not disclosing these matter sooner, but promised all would be brought to the light in the near future.

Making reference to members of the international media attending the meeting, Warner said they would only be in T&T until next week.

“Look at them, first time in your lives you may be seeing them in Marabella. Don’t worry, they will be gone by next week, they only here to see Jack Warner in handcuffs.”

Warner refused to field questions from the media after at the meeting and as soon as his speech was finished  he was hustled into a waiting vehicle by security.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1207 on: June 05, 2015, 02:06:53 AM »
AG: Go to the police Jack.
By Clint Chan Tack (Newsday).

ATTORNEY General (AG) Garvin Nicholas yesterday advised Chaguanas West MP and Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader Jack Warner to take any evidence he has of alleged criminal wrongdoing to the Police and to the Integrity Commission, if necessary.

Nicholas made this comment in response to Warner’s promise to pass on information on Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the People’s Partnership Government, Section 34 and FIFA funding to local and international law enforcement agencies.

In a paid televised political broadcast on Wednesday night, Warner announced, “These documents treat with my knowledge and involvement in the following matters: the link between FIFA’s funding and me; the link between FIFA, its funding and the United National Congress and the People’s Partnership Government in general election 2010. These documents deal with the Section 34 fiasco. It also deals with my knowledge of financial transactions at FIFA, including, but not limited to its president, Mr Sepp Blatter. And lastly, other matters involving the nation’s current Prime Minister.” Warner, in the broadcast, said he has instructed his lawyers to “engage in the task of making contact with law enforcement authorities both inside as well as outside of Trinidad and Tobago with regards to the statements that I have made.”

Nicholas told Newsday, “I am not prepared to comment on accusations made on a political platform, save to say that if Mr Warner has evidence of wrongdoing on the part of anyone, he should take said evidence to the police and where relevant, the Integrity Commission for investigation and determination of these matters.”

The AG continued, “Merely making threats of releasing evidence is a mechanism that has been used in the past to create sensational headlines and is an effective diversion technique.”

Recalling the three and a half years which he spent in London as this country’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Nicholas said, “I am uncomfortable about any damage that may be done to the image of Trinidad and Tobago.” Nicholas said as High Commissioner he did considerable work “building our international image and influence in the UK, Europe and the Commonwealth.”

However Nicholas said he was not as worried about the impact Warner’s latest statements could have on “local citizens.” He explained the reason for this was because, “I have faith in their ability to be discerning in such matters.”

On Wednesday, Warner was red flagged by Interpol for charges including racketeering, conspiracy and corruption in relation to his tenure as a FIFA executive. Warner’s attorney Rekha Ramjit, who is also ILP chairman, said, “The Red Notice is of absolutely no consequence or worth at this time because Warner has already been the subject of a provisional warrant which has been served.”

In a statement last Friday, Nicholas said, “Whilst I understand that this is an election year, I do not believe this is a matter which should be used for political gain and thus urge all parties involved and the public to respect the system and institutions involved and allow justice to take its course.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1208 on: June 05, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »
Idris Elba Chosen To Play Jack Warner In 2017 “Trinidad Jack”
POSTED BY: LATE O'CLOCK NEWS

Recent FIFA scandals have not only shocked the world, but have moved the pens and pockets of Hollywood stalwarts. The story which has inspired them the most, however, is that of Jack Warner, the Afro-Trinidadian man who rose from being a secondary school teacher in a tiny Caribbean island easily overlooked on a map to a Vice President of FIFA, one of the most powerful organisations in the world. Our reliable sources tell us that Paramount Pictures has already begun gathering its crew and cast of A-list actors and actresses, and has secured Idris Elba to play the lead role of Jack Warner.

“This was just the obvious choice,” said Paramount Pictures CEO, Brad Grey. “This is probably the biggest scandal involving a non-profit organisation in the history of the world. As such, the movie deserves the best cast and crew. After we secured Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan to co-direct the screenplay co-written by Terence Winter and Vince Gilligan, it was only fitting that we respect the high level production value by choosing the sexiest man alive to play the lead role.”

Screenplay writer, Terence Winter, said the script basically wrote itself. “Jack Warner’s story is any writer’s paradise. So many things you can choose to highlight. There is his rags to riches story, the rise and fall of his FIFA career, his struggle and triumph over stuttering, the complicated relationship with his sons who are going to spend 20-years in jail, his role in financing the successful campaign of the People’s Partnership government in his home country and the list goes on and on.”

We asked the evidently excited Winter about the angle of the story. “I don’t want to give it away, but just know that the word ‘Kamla’ is said exactly 137 times in the movie. That is 24 times more than the word ‘nigger’ is said in Django Unchained. We are breaking records here.”

Vince Gilligan said he thinks this movie would be even better and give him more fulfillment than his multi-award winning series, “Breaking Bad.”

Lead actor, Idris Elba, says that he cannot wait to start filming. “A Trinidadian accent is a difficult thing to mimic in and of itself for a British fellow like me. On top of that, Jack Warner has a unique diction and his tongue is very heavy. I have been practicing day in and day out to get it right and I’m nowhere near it. This is definitely my most challenging role ever and it quite frankly makes me so excited I feel to tear my shirt off whenever I think about it.”

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Warner, TT make world news headlines
« Reply #1209 on: June 05, 2015, 07:34:43 PM »
Warner, TT make world news headlines
By Sasha Harrinanan Friday, June 5 2015 (T&T Newsday)

Jack boxed in: Local and foreign journalists pile on top each other to interview ILP leader Jack Warner at a meeting in Marabella on Wednesday night. Warner, a former FIFA executive, is on eight charges in a FIFA corruption scandal.
Author: Anil Rampersad

The words “avalanche”, “Jack Warner”, “FIFA”, “Trinidad and Tobago” and even “2010 national election”, dominated international news broadcasts and reports yesterday.

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), which has a team in Trinidad and Tobago, was among those with hourly reports on, and analysis of, Warner’s promise on television, radio and online following his Wednesday night declaration that “not even death will stop the avalanche that is coming” of his evidence of corruption at football’s world governing body.

Members of the local media, including veteran journalist Tony Fraser, were interviewed by the BBC about the unfolding corruption scandal in which Warner, a former FIFA vice-president, was among 14 individuals indicted for engaging in a corruption scheme at FIFA that authorities said involved more than US$150 million (£98.6 million) in bribes.

Haunting music played as BBC journalist Ed Thomas filed a report on Warner’s declarations while standing in front of the Port-of-Spain power station owned by the Power Generation Company of TT (PowerGen).

“Jack Warner no longer has the influence to attract the big names to his home town but he says after three decades at the heart of FIFA, he’s ready to reveal its secrets,” Thomas said.

Footage of Warner and David Beckham in Trinidad in 2010 aired as Thomas gave an overview of the former FIFA vice-president and former Concacaf president’s rise to power.

Saying Warner “is battling for his freedom” and describing the 72-year-old as “defiant and ready for a fight”, Thomas described as “dramatic”, the fall of one of football’s once most powerful figures.

“Jack Warner vows to bring down Sepp Blatter with an ‘avalanche’ of evidence,” was the headline chosen by the United Kingdom-based Telegraph newspaper yesterday while US- based Huffington Post wrote, “Former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner Promises ‘Avalanche’ Of Secrets.”

UK-based The Guardian newspaper chose to look at Warner’s claim of a link between FIFA funds and the successful general election campaign of the People’s Partnership (PP) coalition.

“The former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has made an extraordinary television appearance in which he says he fears for his life and claims he will prove a link between soccer’s governing body and the national elections in his native Trinidad and Tobago. The claims come while Fifa struggles to cope with the ongoing fallout following corruption charges that were issued by US authorities against Warner and 13 other key football figures,” The Guardian wrote.

Like other news agencies, the newspaper noted that Warner has yet to produce any documentation to support his allegations, even as he on Wednesday revealed, “I reasonably actually fear for my life.”

“The stunning revelations out of Marabella, Trinidad come just hours after a transcript was made public of former FIFA executive Chuck Blazer’s admission,” The Guardian noted, “that he and other members of the all-powerful executive committee were bribed in return for voting for South Africa’s bid for the 2010 World Cup.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1210 on: June 06, 2015, 04:48:51 AM »
Jack’s bodyguards manhandle press
Journalists cry assault
By Gail Alexander (Guardian).

A media melee was the best way to describe the scene outside Parliament yesterday, as embattled former Fifa frontliner Jack Warner fled from foreign media reporters who were manhandled by some of his companions after Warner refused to speak to the foreign press.

Foreign media personnel had come to T&T from Sky News in the UK, Associated Press (AP), Agence France Presse (AFP) and Al Jazeera to interview Warner on recent international events, including the US Justice Department’s move to indict him—along with other Fifa officials—on charges ranging from alleged bribery, corruption and racketeering to fraud.

Warner is now before the court following the execution of a provisional warrant last week and is also on Interpol’s “Wanted list.”

Yesterday, Warner had gone to the Parliament to participate in debate on a motion by Government concerning variation of 2015 finances. This involved shifting unused sums from certain divisions of Government to other areas to mainly fund payments and other matters up to September 2015. (See Page A5).

But Warner, who arrived late for the 10 am parliamentary sitting, was met by reporters outside the Parliament. In that episode, a camerawoman from AFP fell to the ground in her pursuit of Warner. She told the T&T Guardian that Warner’s bodyguard told her that she had “done that to herself.”

Other foreign media personnel—reporters and a producer—later joined local reporters in the parliament chamber, focusing on Warner, who sat through the morning’s debate silently with his head down. A big, burly man, part of his entourage, sat close by in the public gallery.

Local parliament reporters from the T&T Guardian, Express and Newsday sent Warner a note requesting an interview. But he sent back a note with the reply: “Regretfully I put a halt to all media interviews and I do thank you for your understanding.”

During the lunch break, local and foreign reporters then attempted to speak to Warner as he left the Parliament.

David Dowden, of London’s Sky News, asked Warner if he could speak with him. Warner tersely replied that he was in his Parliament and “I wouldn’t do this in your Parliament. Don’t do it in mine!”

Warner was escorted by police as he left the Parliament, and his companions—people who appeared to be his bodyguards—then surrounded him as he left through the parliament’s doors. It was the first time Warner’s companions had acted like bodyguards at the Parliament. When he arrived on previous occasions he had willingly spoken to local media and answered queries freely, mainly commenting on the People’s Partnership.

But yesterday, leaving the Parliament in the presence of the foreign media, Warner—companions closely following—didn’t seem as forthcoming.

As local and foreign media followed Warner away from the Parliament, Dowden attempted to speak to him. However, Warner’s companion, in a white T-shirt, loudly and harshly warned Dowden off, pushing his open palm in reporters’ faces and declaring, “No comments, no comments, no comments!”

Dowden persisted, “Excuse me, Mr Warner, why won’t you explain?...”

Warner’s companion, still blocking Dowden, insisted, “No comments, no comments!”

Dowden protested, “Don’t manhandle me...please.”

Dowden again asked Warner why he wouldn’t speak.

Warner’s companion, pushing him off bodily, bellowed, “No comments! No comments! No comments!”

Dowden asked him, “Will you stop pushing me please?”

The other large man at Warner’s side asked Dowden, “Why you doh go in yuh own country and behave like dat?”

AP cameraman Josh Rapogle took up the questioning as Warner’s group attempted to push Dowden aside.

“What do you have against Sepp Blatter?” Rapogle asked Warner

“No comments! No comments! No comments!” shouted Warner’s companion, pushing Rapogle’s equipment aside.

Rapogle warned, “Don’t touch my camera.”

He again pressed Warner, “What do you have against Sepp Blatter?”

Dowden also asked Warner, “Mr Warner as a Parliamentarian, do you think it’s right for your companions to assault me?”

Warner’s assistants replied to Dowden, “Move! Move! Move!”

“What gives you the right to assault me?” Dowden tried again.

He asked Warner, “Mr Warner why won’t you talk to us...if you’ve got nothing to hide, why won’t you talk to us?”

Reporters followed Warner to his car, still attempting to ask questions after he was seated inside, to no avail.

Warner didn’t immediately return to Parliament after lunch, but turned up later and contributed to debate on the variation motion, criticising Government heavily.

He also spoke about “exposing the Government” in his Sunshine newspaper, in response to which Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar said it was offensive to hear him speak about good governance and “condemning corruption,” whereupon she packed up her things and walked out.

No official extradition request yet—Nicholas

American authorities have not yet presented a formal request for former Fifa official Jack Warner’s extradition to the US, Attorney General Garvin Nicholas told reporters yesterday.

He said nothing had occurred to show that T&T would do anything but co-operate with the system in the issue and the courts would decide if Warner should be extradited, adding that it wasn’t for him to decide.

Asked by US reporters about Warner’s claims pertaining to Fifa funding and the T&T elections, Nicholas said Warner had made a lot of accusations over the years that had not been substantiated.

On Warner’s claims of “damaging” information about the Government regarding Section 34, Nicholas said if he had any evidence it should be taken to the police and the Integrity Commission, which was also part of T&T’s investigating structure.

Nicholas said Warner hadn’t presented his office with evidence of his claims and he wasn’t interested in anyone who made threats.

“That’s seeking headlines,” he said.

Nicholas said Warner was receiving the same treatment and procedures as Ish Galbaransingh, Steve Ferguson and others.

“We’re following it to the letter,” he said.

Nicholas also said if Warner had a genuine concern for his life he should go to the police, who would assess his vulnerability and provide security if they felt it necessary.

PP House leader Dr Roodal Moonilal, addressing Warner’s claims, said, “Mr Warner is a desperate man and this is a case of desperation leading to disillusion, I hope he co-operates with authorities and seeks to clear his name.”

Moonilal also said TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee yesterday made a “very irresponsible statement and failed to provide any evidence of any activity he claimed. I can’t remember the last time the UNC had a dinner banquet. I hope it wasn’t a private function and Mr Warner tried to defraud TTFF by claiming it was a UNC matter.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1211 on: June 06, 2015, 04:52:35 AM »
Kamla to Jack: Stop humiliating T&T
By Richard Charan (Express).

PRIME Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Friday appealed to Jack Warner to stop bringing the country into shame, humiliation and disrepute.

Speaking in Parliament at the International Waterfront Port of Spain, where several members of the foreign media were seated, Persad-Bissessar said the country had, over a period of years, been able to establish itself on the world stage.

Now, she said, the entire globe was focused on Trinidad and Tobago “not for anything right and good”.

Persad-Bissessar said she had suffered “great distress…because of the actions of one man”.

Warner, the political leader of the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) and a former FIFA Vice President, has been indicted in the United States on charges of fraud, corruption and racketeering related to his time at FIFA.

On Wednesday, Warner said at a political meet, and in an address to the nation, that he had evidence which linked FIFA's money with funding for the Peoples Partnership general election campaign in 2010.

His claims have been widely reported in the international media.

Persad-Bissessar, who has denied using any of Warner's money to fund the campaign, said on Friday: “we worked so hard to grow that international image. Today, this image is under threat. One citizen has brought us into disrepute, shame and humiliation. We call upon that member from Chaguanas West, that he do all that he can to cooperate with US authorities”.

Warner was asked to give what information he had to US authorities and “end this very sordid period of the nation's history. Let's end the shame and scandal. One man has brought us here…I appeal to his sense of patriotism…and redeem his native land…cooperate and do what's right so we can list one again the image of Trinidad and Tobago”.

On Tuesday Warner was among six former and current FIFA executives placed on INTERPOL's wanted list on charges including corruption, conspiracy and racketeering.

The Red Notices were issued a day after FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced he would be resigning, as the corruption investigation into FIFA deepens.

The six on INTERPOL's list are among nine FIFA officials and five sports media and promotions executives, who have been indicted in the United States on charges related to bribes amounting to $150 million.

Warner is accused of accepting a US $10 million bribe in exchange for helping South Africa secure the right to host the 2010 World Cup. Officials in South Africa have denied that the money was a bribe.

He appeared in court last week, after the US began extradition proceedings seeking to have him brought to the US to face trial. Warner, who is out on $2.5 million bail, has denied wrong-doing and claimed that the charges are part of a US “witch-hunt” meant to punish him for his support of Qatar's 2022 World Cup.

US prosecutors on Thursday unsealed the guilty plea hearing transcripts of Warner's Daryan And Daryll.

According to US media reports, Daryan Warner pleaded guilty to three counts of wire fraud, money laundering, and tax evasion in October 2013, in relation to a ticket reselling scam for the 2006 and 2010 World Cups.

In the documents, Warner made “substantial profits” buying World Cup tickets from FIFA then illegally selling them at marked-up prices through a Florida-based ticket broker who is named as co-conspirator in the case.

The scam also involved two unnamed family members who at the time were FIFA officials, according the court documents.

Daryan Warner profited at least $1,177,843.95 running his ticket scam for the 2006 World Cup.

As part of the plea deal, Daryan Warner agreed to cooperate with the government in its ongoing investigation of FIFA, including going undercover if necessary.

Daryll Warner pleaded guilty in July 2013 to wire fraud, and “structuring,” which refers to attempting to structure financial transactions in a way that wouldn't trigger federal currency reporting requirements.

Federal prosecutors also alleged that Warner, a one-time FIFA development officer focused on the Caribbean, obtained a mortgage loan “on the basis of false information” and then used the loan to finance a property in Miami.

Warner testified that the Miami property was “intended for use by my father, my brother and myself.”

Warner also admitted to deliberately breaking up cash deposits into amounts of less than $10,000 “in order to avoid the filing of the requisite report.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1212 on: June 06, 2015, 04:55:06 AM »
Warner: Last laugh is mine
T&T Newsday Reports.

BEFORE Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar walked out on him during yesterday’s sitting of the House of Representatives, Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader and Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner promised her, the Government and the country, “I will have the last laugh.”

After the Prime Minister walked out of the Parliament during his response to her contribution during debate on a motion to approve the Second Report of the Standing Finance Committee, Warner shrugged his shoulders and remarked, “I sat (in my seat).I did not rise on a point of order. I sat and listened to the Member (of Parliament) for Siparia (Persad-Bissessar) impugn my character in the worst possible way but I said nothing.”

However Warner, a former FIFA vice-president, hinted that outside of Parliament, “ I will say something.” In her earlier contribution, Persad-Bissessar accused Warner of single-handedly bringing the country’s international image into disrepute.

In doing so, she urged him to cooperate with United States law enforcement authorities with respect to eight criminal charges the US government has laid against him with respect to, racketeering, conspiracy and corruption during his tenure as a FIFA executive.

Responding to Persad-Bissessar, Warner said he heard her “passionate plea” to him while he was on his way to Parliament. Saying he was “touched” by her concern for him, Warner quipped, “I find it difficult to understand how a similar concern wasn’t expressed when there were others who had 89 charges which emanated in TT and there was no concern.” Persad-Bissessar and Government MPs were silent as Warner continued, “In fact, on the contrary, I was a member of that Cabinet that passed Section 34 in the middle of the night. There was no concern. None.”

Warner said he would have thought that “as a senior counsel, the Prime Minister would have known that a man is innocent until proven guilty.” Reminding MPs that Persad-Bissessar read the charges against him into the Hansard record of Parliament, Warner observed, “The way she has made the kind of judgement that she has made and continues to make, is mind- boggling.”

Referring to Persad-Bissessar’s charge that he had brought “shame and scandal on the country by his actions, Warner countered, “What she has seen so far, if she is correct, is the shame. She has not seen the scandal yet. The scandal is to come.”

Reiterating he will continue to take “all the ridicule and derision and attacks” as he has been doing, Warner told Speaker Wade Mark, “I tell this House, this country and you today, that I will have the last laugh.”

Noting the presence of foreign journalists in the Parliament Chamber, Warner said “it might be good for the international press for the Prime Minister to make a plea to Chaguanas West to cooperate.”

Saying Persad-Bissessar’s statement “makes international news and you know of course we like our PR (public relations),” Warner said, “I want to say, the news must also say that it is this Prime Minister, under this Government that passed Section 34 which was designed to prevent two persons from going to the US.”

Government Chief Whip Dr Roodal Moonilal cited Standing Order 48 (6), claiming Warner was imputing improper motive against Persad-Bissessar and the Government. “It is clear,” Moonilal claimed. Mark advised Warner, “ You are imputing improper motive to Cabinet ministers and the Prime Minister and you are in breach of 48 (6), so I ask you not to go there.”

Warner replied, “Mr Speaker, if you say so, it’s so. I want to make the point that at the end of the day, both in terms of what is taking place here and what took place in this country some three or four years ago.”

Reiterating his confidence that the truth will be revealed “sooner rather than later,” Warner looked at Persad-Bissessar and Government MPs and declared, “There is nobody Mr Speaker who will jumbie me or set my agenda for me, before my time. The only person to set my agenda, is me.”

Insisting that he is following due process, Warner said, “I was charged in my country. I was given a provisional warrant. I went to my country’s court. I gave up myself. I am on bail. I do not understand the issue of cooperation.”

Looking again at his former political colleagues, Warner crossed his wrists. “What do you want me to do? Go in manacles and hands so to the (United) States? That’s what you want me to do?” he asked Government MPs.

Reiterating that in this country, “one is innocent until proven guilty,” Warner told Government MPs, “You can say what you want, that’s maxim.”

Rebutting Persad-Bissessar’s assertion that Government was not practising discrimination against certain segments of the population, Warner said, “When I was minister of works and transport, that (Diego Martin) highway was already started. It started by the (former) PNM government.”

As PNM MPs thumped their desks, Warner declared, “There was no initiative on this Government’s part. They were not kind, they were not generous.” Telling Government “don’t take credit where credit is not due,” Warner said, “The same applies to the Highway to Point Fortin. That was a fait accompli down to the contractor, everything was there.”

Saying “in this society, it is convenient for us to forget,” Warner repeated that at the end of the day, “Chaguanas West will have the last laugh both locally and internationally.”Indicating he would say no more on this issue, Warner dropped a hint to the foreign journalists in the Parliament’s press gallery. “I hope that gets the same amount of airplay as the last speaker (Persad-Bissessar),” he said.

Warner said while there are efforts to take him “from Intercol to Interpol,” what he has seen in the Bill, “has told me we are in serious trouble.”

Claiming that Finance Minister Larry Howai “has not told this country everything” with respect to the true state of the economy, Warner charged, “If this country knows everything, it will trigger a public outcry.”

Reiterating that Government was practising “voodoo mathematics” to make the population believe the economy is growing and it is cutting costs, Warner said the truth was that in the final weeks before the dissolution of Parliament on or before June 17, Government is involved in “election squandermania.” He claimed there was no contract for the 12 vessels recently purchased from Damen Shipyards of the Netherlands for $1.358 billion.

Waxing biblical, Warner said the only Last Supper which the world knows “was Jesus (Christ’s) supper, with 12 disciples and one Judas.” He then alleged, “at the end of the day, what is happening here is the Last Supper.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1213 on: June 06, 2015, 04:58:40 AM »
Warner mum on seeking United States plea deal.
T&T Newsday Reports.

A day after vowing to unleash an “avalanche” of evidence of FIFA corruption, a steadfast Jack Warner yesterday declared he would continue on the path he has set out for himself but declined to say if he was seeking a plea deal with United States (US) law enforcement agencies.

Newsday caught up with Warner at his Arouca home two hours after the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader and Chaguanas West MP had fulfilled the second of his twice-weekly reports to the Arouca Police Station as part of the conditions set out when he was granted $2.5 million bail last week.

The former FIFA vice-president and Concacaf president is currently on bail after being arrested on a provisional warrant issued by the Office of the United States (US) Attorney General last week, following arrests of several FIFA officials in Zurich, Switzerland.

Warner has been indicted on eight charges of racketeering, wire fraud, and money laundering while his sons, Daryan and Daryll Warner, are cooperating with US authorities as part of separate plea deals. A transcript ordered released by a US federal judge in Brooklyn, New York this past Monday, contained details of Daryan’s guilty plea. However a separate motion by the New York Times to unseal the plea agreement of Daryll was yesterday denied by US District Judge William F c**tz II. The transcript of Daryan’s deal shows that in October 2013, he pled guilty to wire fraud conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy and the structuring of financial transactions to evade bank reporting requirements.

At the hearing, Daryan admitted he was among a group which agreed to buy and resell tickets for the 2006 and 2010 World Cups at a “substantial profit.”

As part of Daryan’s plea deal, US prosecutors agreed not to charge him with fraud and money laundering in connection with aiding and abetting an alleged bribe payment by the South African Bid Committee connected to its bid to host the 2010 World Cup.

“That agreement signalled a potential area of testimony by (Daryan) should the larger case against the 14 go to trial, as prosecutors allege that Jack Warner solicited payments worth $10 million from the South African government. He denies wrongdoing,” the New York Times reported.

Having been dropped off in front of his home yesterday afternoon by the driver of a sport utility vehicle (SUV), Warner said hello to Newsday before declaring, “I have no comment to make” on his stated intention to release an “avalanche” of secrets.

When asked if he intended to make a plea deal with the US authorities, Warner replied, “I said all I have to say (Wednesday) night.”

“The media could print what they want, they could splash ‘Wanted’ across their front pages but I’ve already spoken, I’ve already said all I’m going to say on the matter.”

Warner then said goodbye to Newsday and entered his property.

On Wednesday night, while addressing ILP supporters in Marabella, Warner declared he would not stay quiet in the face of corruption allegations.

“I will not stay quiet. At age 72, I will not stay quiet to allow them to deprive me of my freedom...I have compiled a comprehensive and detailed series of documents this high (Warner gestured from his waist to mid-chest). This high. Documents, bills, speeches, emails. I have it here.”

“Not even death will stop the avalanche that is coming,” Warner continued. “The die is cast. There can be no turning back. Let the chips fall where they fall.”

Warner’s “avalanche” statement followed his paid television broadcast in which he announcedhe had documents which “treat with my knowledge and involvement in” the link between FIFA’s funding and himself, of financial transactions at FIFA including but not limited to its President, Sepp Blatter, the link between FIFA’s funding and the United National Congress and the People’s Partnership Government in 2010 general election 2010, as well as documents dealing with “the Section 34 fiasco.”

Warner said he has instructed his lawyers to “engage in the task of making contact with law enforcement authorities both inside as well as outside of Trinidad and Tobago with regards to the statements that I have made.”

As the world waits to find out exactly what secrets Warner plans to spill, and when, he yesterday fulfilled his bail obligations.

At about 11.40 am yesterday, Warner walked into the Arouca Police Station after driving himself there and reported to Cpl Alfred. He then produced a book in which the officer affixed his signature.

During his brief visit to the station, Warner again declared his innocence, stating he would be cleared, and there would be no need for him to report to the station.

Warner was instructed to report to the Arouca Police Station twice a week; on Mondays and Thursdays, as part of his bail granted by Port-of-Spain Chief Magistrate, Marcia Ayers-Caesar.

Newsday understands that after the signature was affixed to the book, Warner was met by other police officers at the station, some of whom he knew by their first names, and wished them a happy Corpus Christi.

The ILP leader is no stranger to the Arouca Police Station, as during his tenure as National Security Minister, he often visited officers there and listened to their many concerns.

After a brief conversation with officers, Warner left the station and promised to return next Monday.

Sources close to Warner said he was in the process of securing documents and other information, which he had promised to make available to the agencies in the US, relating to alleged money laundering and racketeering involving some FIFA officials.

Newsday understands Warner plans to continue his ILP walkabouts and cottage meetings, and will seek the guidance of his attorneys in the coming days.

Senior Counsel Fyard Hosein is the lead attorney fighting Warner’s extradition to the US. Contacted by Newsday yesterday, he said he does not intend to breach his oath as a lawyer by commenting on issues relating to one of his clients.

“I left the Parliament in 1991 and gave up a career in politics for a full-time career at the Bar. I do not comment on issues relating to my clients as I am bound by the principles of confidentiality. Mr Warner is my client,” Hosein said.

Hosein, who also represents businessman Steve Ferguson in his extradition matters, also refused to engage in any discussions relating to partisan politics.

The unfolding developments involving Warner were a hot topic among several of Warner’s neighbours in Arouca yesterday.

Among them were Bob, Jimmy and Martin who all told Newsday the FIFA corruption scandal is “bad for TT’s image.”

Jimmy spoke of the approachable, helpful man he knew Warner to be; ensuring that dirt drains along a portion of First Street were replaced by concrete box drains during Warner’s tenure as Works Minister.

“Governments came and went and nobody did anything about the drains, even though we complained about it. Everything it rained for a sustained period or rained heavily, my yard and the neighbours’ yards used to flood. Mr Warner was instrumental in getting that fixed,” Jimmy said.

Martin lamented, “It’s a sad day for TT football, for TT sports” while Bob said “Based on what he said (Wednesday) night, Jack is not going down alone. He said the gloves are off. Now we wait to see what evidence he has.”

All three men told Newsday they doubted Warner’s latest statement would sway hard-core party supporters. Rather, the “fence-sitters” would be the ones most likely to be swayed by his FIFA and PP allegations when they cast their ballots in the upcoming general election.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 06, 2015, 06:30:08 AM »
The longer the foreign media outlets stay in T&T, the better. Watch de ride.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: June 06, 2015, 06:42:12 AM »
Mr. Warner is of a diminishing generation of Trinbagonians whose lives spanned the colonial and post-colonial eras. Unlike those whose lives span only the post-colonial and Independence eras, Mr. Warner has a certain bent that is reflected in his global view and comments. More and more, I am certain that his conclusions and perspective are not accidental.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 06, 2015, 08:02:10 AM »
I really wonder if Jack have any real info on Kala or FIFA.  So far the only avalanche and tsunami I seeing is the amount of articles being written about his upcoming avalanche and tsunami.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1217 on: June 06, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
How FIFA Villain Jack Warner Keeps Getting Away
By Michael Daly (thedailybeast).

A fortune in Haiti earthquake relief, $10 million from South Africa, $2 million from Qatar. Trinidad and Tobago’s Jack Warner allegedly pocketed it all—but he’s the one vowing revenge.

Jack Warner fails to mention one thing about the FIFA money he says was used to influence the 2010 election in his native Trinidad and Tobago.

He neglects to say that the cash appears to have come from the millions of FIFA dollars looted by none other than Jack Warner.

Warner would have us believe that the money came direct from FIFA on instructions from the now-outgoing president, Sepp Blatter.

Warner further says the ultimate beneficiary was the big winner of the 2010 election, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

To support his allegations, Warner has leaked at least five checks totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars made out to Ross Advertising of Trinidad, days before the agency reportedly sought to bring in Henry Bernard Campbell, a political whiz who helped President Obama get elected.

The checks were issued by Jamad Limited, a company widely reported to be owned by Warner.

He is now apparently seeking to portray himself as a middleman, as if Blatter and FIFA had a huge interest in Trinidad and Tobago’s internal politics.

Back in 2010, few people were more keenly interested in the election than Warner himself. He was a candidate for parliament and a big-time backer of the then-opposition leader, Persad-Bissessar.

Campbell had landed in Trinidad in April 2010 to assist the opposition, which explains why the ruling party contrived to have him denied entry to the country. The government even sought to fine American Airlines for flying him in.

Ross Advertising is said to have nonetheless proven able to direct an Obama-style social media campaign that was instrumental in the opposition’s victory.

Warner became a member of parliament. Persad-Bissessar became the prime minister and made Warner the new interior minister, allowing him to serve as acting prime minister when she traveled outside the country.

Warner remained a member of FIFA’s executive committee as well as the head of CONCACAF, the governing body that oversees soccer in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.

Warner seems to have been a kind of genius at grabbing FIFA funds. He reportedly raked in millions for a soccer Center of Excellence built on land he owned. He is said to have scored millions more that were intended for everything from bonuses for the Trinidad World Cup team to the country’s allocation of World Cup tickets. He allegedly pocketed a fortune collected for earthquake relief in Haiti. A photo shows him arriving at the scene of the disaster shouldering half a case of bottled water.

Warner is also alleged to have taken millions in bribes for votes on which countries should host the World Cup. Court papers charge him with taking $10 million from South Africa.

He is further said to have accepted some $2 million in connection with Qatar’s successful bid. That money was paid to Jamad Limited in 2011, the Warner-owned company that paid out the money to the advertising firm that same year.

As minister of the interior, Warner would have been in a position to ensure that a Qatari representative had no trouble passing through customs in Trinidad with more than $1 million in alleged bribe money.

A chunk of that cash was divided into $40,000 batches and placed in manila envelopes, to be distributed to members of the Caribbean soccer association who were addressed by the Qatari representative.

One devoutly honest member was so shocked by the bribe attempt that he photographed the money and reported it to Chuck Blazer, the general secretary of CONCACAF. Blazer happened to be Warner’s prime partner in graft.

Blazer apparently understood that if he did nothing, the honest member was sure to go elsewhere. Blazer reported the bribe attempt to FIFA, declaring himself outraged. FIFA declared itself outraged and ordered an inquiry.

The inquiry diligently catalogued numerous misdeeds by both Warner and Blazer. Warner was expelled. A FIFA official made a pronouncement whose irony would only become apparent later.

“In the case of Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer this has far bigger implications than just [FIFA’s] Ethics Committee, or the rules of the game,” said Domenico Scala, the head of FIFA’s Audit and Compliance Committee, at a press conference. “There is sufficient suspicion that they have gone against the law and this will become an issue for the FBI and the IRS.”

Scala added, “So here the Ethics Committee and the world of FIFA stops; and people who have gone against the law will have to deal with the law.”

In Trinidad, Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar declared herself outraged and disowned Warner. He announced that he was resigning as both a minister and a member of parliament.

But in the very next breath he announced that he would be running to replace himself in that very same seat in parliament when the special election was held 90 days hence.

“The character assassination, the slander, the ridicule of my family, and the abandonment of longtime friends—in spite of the hurt, in spite of the indignities I have experienced, I stand here tonight void of hatred, animosity, or ill will for my political leader,” he insisted.

Warner ran as a candidate of a new political party he founded for that express reason and won.

“Thank you for this resounding victory,” he told the election night crowd.

Warner seems to have been seeking revenge against FIFA and Blatter in particular when he leaked a handwritten note to himself from the organization’s general secretary, Jérôme Valcke. It concerned a deal in which Warner paid $1 million for television rights for the 2010 and 2014 World Cup in the Caribbean region.

“Here is the agreement signed by the P [President Blatter]. This deal has not been through all normal boards or comm,” the note read. “Hence so I’m asking to make no publicity on it for the time being. Kind regards, Jérôme.”

Warner now suggested that Blatter had made the deal essentially to purchase Warner’s support in FIFA. Warner subsequently sold the rights, turning his $1 million into $20 million.

By then, Warner and Blazer had indeed reached the attention of the FBI and the IRS. Blazer agreed to become an informant, apparently telling all he knew about Warner, which was a great deal. Blazer also used a miniature microphone concealed in a keychain to record conversations with other FIFA officials.

Warner was among the 14 FIFA officials and associates past and present who were indicted. Blatter managed to get reelected, but then a letter surfaced from the South African Football Association to none other than General Secretary Valcke of FIFA. The letter asked that $10 million earmarked for South Africa instead go to a program that was founded by Warner.

Blazer had told investigators that Warner had received a $10 million bribe from the South Africans. Valcke is just a step away from Blatter, who suddenly announced his intention to resign less than a week after his reelection.

Warner was arrested in Trinidad and held overnight before being freed on bail. He arrived in parliament the following day apologizing for having missed the previous session.

“I was in prison,” he explained. “For charges I know nothing about.”

At a series of press conferences and appearances, Warner pledged to fight extradition to the United States and continue his present campaign for another term in parliament. He seems to think that reelection will make him less likely to end up in a Brooklyn courtroom facing 20 years or more.

Warner seems to have been seeking to score with his constituents as well as revenge himself on both Blatter and Persad-Bissessar by alleging that FIFA sought to influence the 2010 election in Trinidad through him.

“I cannot remain silent any longer!” Warner declared.

The Trinidad government said it was sending copies of the Jamad checks to U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who had launched the FIFA investigation when she was the U.S. attorney in Brooklyn. Persad-Bissessar dismissed Warner’s allegations as fiction.

“I, Kamla, received no money from Jack Warner,” she told a local newspaper. “That is the God’s truth. I cannot speak to any contractual arrangement the gentleman would have had with Ross Advertising or any other advertising agency.”

By then, newspapers and sites around the world were announcing that Warner had promised to “tell all.”

Just watch out for what Jack Warner fails to say about Jack Warner.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1218 on: June 07, 2015, 05:15:02 AM »
Felicity turns its back on Jack
By Shaliza Hassanali (Guardian).

Chaguanas West calls on MP to hang up his boots as they return to UNC fold

Chaguanas West constituents are urging their MP Jack Warner to hang up his political boots.

This comes as Warner faces corruption, racketeering and bribery charges arising out of a US-led investigation into Fifa. On May 27, Warner appeared in court on a provisional warrant for his arrest stemming from extradition proceedings initiated against him.

On Tuesday, the call came from several constituents in Warner’s constituency, which he has represented for the past five years.

Constituents feel Warner, leader of the Independent Liberal Party (ILP), should not seek re-election for two reasons—the charges that he now faces and the dwindling popularity of his party, which had attracted widespread support in 2013, in the face of renewed support for the United National Congress (UNC).

They said the odds are now stacked against Warner, who is out on $2.5 million bail.

Though Warner has denied wrongdoing, claiming the charges are part of a US “witch-hunt” meant to punish him for his support of Qatar’s 2022 World Cup, constituents feel he should stay out of politics. For years Chaguanas West had been a UNC stronghold. However, in the 2013 by-election, constituents switched allegiance and threw their support behind Warner’s ILP.

In Cacandee, a community that worshipped the ground Warner walked on, Radesh Mahabir said the support Warner generated in the last 60 months had fallen to an all-time low, as he urged the former Fifa vice president, who is now wanted by Interpol, to call it a day.

In 2010, Mahabir said, Warner received overwhelming support as a member of the UNC.

After Warner parted ways with the Government in 2013, Mahabir said, and fought the seat on an ILP ticket, he promised his constituents day-care facilities and that doctors would visit them in their homes should they fall ill.

“None of this never materialised. Plenty people became disappointed and got turned off by Warner false promises after 2013.”

Mahabir said the UNCites who backed the ILP decided to go back to the home of the rising sun.

“Few people want to hear about Warner in the back here. Should he go up for Chaguanas West he go be a one-man team...he go can’t do nothing for the people. The Government in power go stifle and fight Warner and the people would be the ones to suffer. I personally feel he should step down from politics.”

Mahabir said what also displeased residents was Warner’s lack of visibility.

He said Warner went from being one of the hardest working MPs to non-existent in the last two years.

Fall from grace

Mahabir said while the majority of residents were pleased with Warner’s performance, it was time they got someone new to represent them.

“Besides, nobody would support Warner now that he has those charges hanging over his head. Voting for him would be taking a gamble.”

Mahabir said a man was innocent until proven guilty, and he hoped Warner was not carted off to prison when the matter concluded in court.

Pensioner Babooram Nanan said if Warner had files on the UNC he should be careful.

“They would try to bump him off.”

Playing a card game in a parlour along the Cacandee Main Road, Nanan said if Warner had information on the UNC this could bring the party to its knees and hamper its chances at the polls.

“They should know who they playing with because Jack was one of the most powerful figures in global football. It can hamper their chances at the polls. Likewise, if the UNC have secrets on Warner they can also come forward and hang his Jack. This can do more harm than good,” Nanan said.

Joining Nanan at the table was carpenter Derrick Dyett of Jalim Street.

Dyett said while Warner had lost his sting in Felicity, he was a legend in his own right.

“We would never get a MP like Warner again. The man has been an international figure because of his association with Fifa. He is also a humble man who never discriminated anyone,” Dyett said.

Dyett said Warner should hang up his political boots.

“This area is a UNC stronghold. I don’t see Jack winning here again.”

At Lyle Lane, Felicity, Vikash Jaikaran heaped praises on Warner for bringing improvements to the community after many years of neglect.

Jaikaran said Warner was often the topic of conversation at the Felicity Recreational Ground by political pundits in the community.

“For months they have been saying they don’t want Warner back in Chaguanas West. Felicity and Cacandee gone back UNC. Warner is out of the political picture, as far as I see,” Jaikaran said.

Pacheco Vincent, a maxi taxi driver and friend of Jaikaran, said even though Warner had been a good representative, he believed he should ride out into the sunset.

“Jack political days are over,” Vincent said, while fishing in the compound of the Lakhan Karriah Cremation Site.

Vincent said Warner had fallen from grace.

“This is the reality of the situation.” “Nothing could change that,” Vincent pointed out.

PP Government treated Warner unfairly

A stone’s throw away at Boundary Road, pensioner Ganesh Ramdeen said he voted for Warner in 2010 and 2013 and would do so again in 2015.

“If Jack going up for Chaguanas West I would support him. If he is not contesting I would vote for the PNM,” Ramdeen said.

He described Warner’s commitment and contribution to the constituency and country as heroic.

“The PP Government never treated Jack fairly. The cabal never gave him an easy time. They wanted him out. Jack was used and abused by the party he helped built. They only wanted his money. The same way the UNC betrayed former prime minister Basdeo Panday they did to Jack. If Warner get money from the white man to fund the party I don’t see a problem with that.

“Other politicians do worse and they are still around walking around free,” Ramdeen said.

Ramdeen said while the UNC promised to fight corruption they had not been able to bring Calder Hart to account for allegedly mismanaging taxpayers’ money.

At Warren Monroe Road, Warrenville, Sheriff Ali, 54, felt Warner’s representation was good.

He, however, expressed displeasure with the “rude, unmannerly and disrespectful way” Warner was treated by the UNC before he resigned from the party.

Ali believes the charges against Warner were perfectly timed to sink the MP and the ILP party as the election approaches.

“Why they couldn’t charge him before the general election? Why now? This was done just to destroy Jack,” Ali said.

Ali’s neighbour Keizer Samnath said though he was satisfied with Warner’s performance, he felt the UNC could have handled Warner’s situation differently.

“I don’t like what the UNC did to him. He put his blood, sweat and tears into the party and had to leave.”

He said Warner might be down but was certainly not out.

Jack the fighter

“I think Jack is not going to give up so easily. The man is a fighter,” Samnath said.

Samnath said he had two minds about voting.

“The Government have people confused with what they saying and doing. Every time you turn is this one saying this and that one saying that. They have people head spinning.”

Walking along Tropical Drive in Warrenville, Janet Samnath confessed that Warner never helped the residents on her street.

“Right now we begging for our road to be paved and nobody taking we on. It’s in a mess. In the rainy season is mud and dry season it’s a dust bowl. This is what we have to face,” Samnath complained.

She said while she voted for the UNC in 2010, they would not get her support in 2015.

The unemployed woman said she had been fighting tooth and nail to get a permanent food card.

“I got three temporary food cards, but they don’t want to give me a permanent one. It have plenty people who far better off than me collecting food cards and I can’t get any. I fed up with politicians. None ain’t different,” Samnath said.

Anthony Douglas, a resident of Trace Marshall, Warrenville, said Warner was now missing in action.

The last time Douglas said he spotted Warner was in 2013.

“He came in the back here in a vehicle days before the by-election to get our votes. He never step foot in here again.”

Douglas described Warner’s representation as poor.

“What the UNC and my Prime Minister has done in five years with infrastructural development in the country no Government has ever done. I don’t want to see or hear nothing about the ILP far less for Warner. He is a waste of time. Warner should go home. He will never get my vote.”

Anand Ramlogan of Alligator Trace North, Cunupia, commended Warner for doing more than other government MPs.

Ramlogan, who straightens and paints vehicles, said for years residents had been asking for a pavement from Warren Monroe Road to Low Cost supermarket, but they were ignored.

Admitting that he voted for Warner not once but twice, Ramlogan said he would not go to the polls again.

“You voting for them politicians and you not getting help,” Ramlogan reasoned.

Tears for MP

Nearby, Sieudath Suruj said he believed Warner financially supported the UNC.

“I think the UNC gave him a raw deal.They take what they get from Jack financially and otherwise and now saying he no good...he is a wanted man.

“I does always say anywhere it have too much of Indians it does have cut down and fight. Jack should have known better. I feel he should give up politics now.”

Unsure if he would vote in the election, Suruj said while Warner liked Indian people, football and politics, all had been to his detriment.

Sitting in her yard at Salem Avenue, Cunupia, 84-year-old Korisha Ali, a devout Muslim, said tears flowed from her eyes when she heard that Warner had problems obtaining bail and had to spend a night in prison.

“I cried for him. I like that man too bad. He is a good human being. He like Indian people.”

Ali said she hoped Warner contested Chaguanas West.

“I want Jack back in Parliament. The Opposition Leader giving the Government too much trouble. They only rowing and fighting. They no good,” Ali said.

Along the bustling Monroe Road in Cunupia, businessman Neshan Ramlogan rated Warner’s performance as unsatisfactory.

Ramlogan said Warner neglected their community and focused his attention on the people of Felicity who had now turned their backs on him.

At Pierre Road, Charlieville, vegetable vendor Ryan Jaglal said Warner did a lot of good by uniting the people in the community.

“He brought everyone together for religious and cultural celebrations. Give Jack he jacket, he performed well. He really did a lot for people,” Jaglal said.

‘No comment’

Warner, in response to a text message sent to him on Friday, wrote “regretfully on this occasion Shaliza, no comments.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1219 on: June 07, 2015, 05:21:28 AM »
Bribe $$ to repay credit card, bank loan
By Camini Marajh (Express).

Indicted football administrator and one of two of Interpol's most wanted FIFA official, Jack Warner spent a significant portion of the US$10 million bribe he collected from South Africa on paying off credit card debt and a personal loan held in a Republic bank account in his name, according to a US law enforcement source.

More than half of the bribe money sent from FIFA's UBS account in Zurich, Switzerland, in 2008 to three Warner controlled RBL accounts went towards what the US-issued indictment described as “scheme #1- Wire Fraud and Money Laundering”, or black market currency trade through legitimate Trinidad-owned businesses like the JTA Group and International Shipping Ltd (ISL), among others, sources with knowledge of the situation have disclosed.

Both business interests have confirmed, in separate and short interviews with the Sunday Express, that they unknowingly facilitated Warner's money laundering by purchasing US dollar bank drafts from his personal accountant and main man of business, Kenny Rampersad.

Rampersad is a certified accountant with offices at 3A Queen's Park West, Port of Spain, and was the beneficiary of all of the accounting briefs from four of the football bodies associated with Warner, including CONCACAF, the regional football body for North and Central America and the Caribbean and the CFU (Caribbean Football Union).

The US indictment, unsealed by a Brooklyn, New York, USA, court on May 27, in detailing the wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering charges against Warner, pointed to his decades- old use of business and other “intermediaries” to launder vast flows of corruptly received cash through currency trade transactions and financial structuring of the TTD repayments to a slew of Warner-controlled bank accounts.

The indictment did not identify Warner's co-conspirators by name in the money laundering scheme but it cited “a Trinidadian businessman whose identity is known to the Grand Jury” and a large local “supermarket chain” and “real estate and investment company, “controlled by the unnamed businessman.

Carl Mack, owner and director of the JTA Group and a director of One Caribbean Media (OCM), the holding company for the CCN Group and owner of the Trinidad Express Newspapers, said all of the foreign currency purchases from Warner were done by his accountant, Rampersad, who also happened to be Warner's accountant-in-chief.

Rishi-Nirvan Balroop, financial controller of ISL, in a two-paragraph statement on the USD currency trades, said: “ISL purchased US dollars during a period in which the currency was extremely difficult to obtain to facilitate our regular business transactions. We dealt only with the accounting and consultancy firm, Kenny Rampersad & Co, which facilitated these transactions.

“At no point was ISL ever in a position to investigate or suspect the source of these funds and we discharged our responsibilities in accordance with industry norms and standards,” said Balroop, adding that ISL found Rampersad from the “well-established accounting and consultancy firms known in the country”.

Both men said they never dealt with Warner.

According to the US-laid indictment, the world governing body for football, FIFA, made three wire transfers in as many months in 2008 to three Warner controlled Republic Bank accounts totalling US$10 million as a kickback for his 2004 vote for South Africa to host the 2010 World Cup.

US Department of Justice documents, which quoted Warner's long time partner in graft, Chuck Blazer, detailed the bribe payment made by the South African Football Association (SAFA) through FIFA's Zurich account after the African nation encountered difficulty in making the payment directly to Warner.

A leaked letter from the SAFA to FIFA's general secretary, Jerome Valcke, twice specified that FIFA give Warner control of diverted SAFA funds to a Warner creation called the “African Diaspora Legacy Programme”.

US sources, however, told the Sunday Express that very little of the US$10 million bribe money went towards the development of football in the Caribbean.

More than half of the corrupt payment was cleaned through a series of structured TTD repayments to a plethora of Warner-controlled bank accounts, including CONCACAF, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), C.O.N.C.A.C.A.F. Centre of Excellence, a parallel account which this newspaper wrote about last year, The Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence and two of his private companies – CCAM and Co Ltd and Renraw Investments Ltd.

On this bribe transaction alone, over US$4.8 million worth of US bank drafts were sold to the JTA group and US$300K to ISL, according to a US source familiar with the case.

The structured TTD repayment was said to have been made through a bundle of smaller payments to myriad Warner-controlled bank accounts.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1220 on: June 08, 2015, 05:31:32 AM »
‘Tiger’ hired to hunt down Jack’s $$
By Denyse Renne (Express).

Tiger Capital Ltd, an unknown firm retained by The Office of the Attorney General (AG) last year and paid $1,750,000, was hired to compile the finances of Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner.

Sources told the Sunday Express that the firm was retained by head of the Central Authority, Netram Kowlessar, who acted on the advice of then AG Anand Ramlogan.

Warner was arrested on May 27 and is before the courts on a provisional extradition warrant, following an indictment by a US Grand jury on charges of racketeering and money laundering while holding the position of FIFA vice president.

He is due to re-appear before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayres Caeser on July 9.

He was granted $2.5 million bail but spent a night in prison as his property deed was not in order.

Sources told the Sunday Express that the firm’s instructions were to retrieve information both locally and internationally about Warner’s finances and their investigation ran parallel to that of the United States’.

Sources further say that this investigation was a private one and whatever information gathered would be used on a political platform.

Stressing that the AG’s office in the past has used accounting firms such as Deloitte and Ernst and Young when conducting forensic financial probes through the Central Authority and also the Office of the AG, sources say the investigation conducted on the accounts belonging to Warner remains a mystery.

The Sunday Express on Friday contacted Ramlogan and posed four questions to him.

The questions were:

1) The financial information gathered by Tiger Capital Ltd on ILP leader Jack Warner, was this passed to US law enforcement?

2) Why did you recommend this firm, as opposed to Ernst and Young and other reputable firms?

3) Information reaching the Express, suggests that the financial information obtained by Tiger Capital Ltd will be used for political purposes. Can you comment on this?

4) Was Tiger Capital Ltd retained for political purposes?

Ramlogan said, “I am now a private citizen, please direct your questions elsewhere.” The call was then disconnected.

Efforts to call Ramlogan again were unsuccessful.

Contacted by the Sunday Express on May 29, Attorney General Garvin Nicholas was asked whether Tiger Capital was retained to obtain Warner’s finances.

Nicholas said, “I wouldn’t want to make a comment on that right now.”

Asked whether a separate invoice totalling $1.7 million submitted by the company earlier this year had been paid by his office, Nicholas said no.

Asked why, the AG said, “I wouldn’t want to comment right now on that either.”

Last year and earlier this year, queries were raised within the accounts department of the Office of the AG as to who exactly is Tiger Capital Ltd.

Kowlessar when questioned by the Sunday Express has refused to answer any questions regarding Tiger Capital and how the company was retained, stating such matters are confidential.

In a statement issued on April 10, Nicholas said: “The fees paid to Tiger Capital total $1,750,000 were for services rendered in conjunction with senior counsel for the extensive analysis of many complex financial documents in the exercise of mutual assistance obligations with the United States of America and the Central Authority.”

Checks by the Sunday Express with the Ministry of Legal Affairs’ Company Registry, showed Tiger Capital Ltd was registered on November 23, 2004, by attorney Rudyard Davidson.

On the November 22, 2004, application form, the company names financial services consultant Kenny Soodhoo and businesswoman Monique Pillai as directors.

Soodhoo is no stranger to controversy. In 1997, under the United National Congress regime, he was employed as the director at National Petroleum (NP) and was also the head of the Project Implementation Unit.

Prior to being employed at NP, Soodhoo was fired by State-owned bank First Citizens following a complex and controversial transaction.

In 1996, First Citizens Merchant Bank (FCMB) dismissed Soodhoo following questions over a loan transaction.

Soodhoo was the managing director at FCMB.

According to the documents, under “Change of Directors”, on November 20, 2013, proprietor Winston Samuel Russell of Caledonia Road, Lange Park, Chaguanas, was appointed a director.

On that same date, Pillai ceased “to hold office as director”.

As of November 5, 2014, Soodhoo and Russell remained directors.

On December 9, 2014, contractor Clement Nazim Ali, of Curepe, was appointed director. That same day, Russell “ceased to hold office”. Soodhoo was then appointed secretary.

When the Sunday Express visited the 16B McInroy Street, Curepe, address of Tiger Capital Ltd two months ago, there was an empty plot of land.

A visit to the same location on June 5 resulted in the Sunday Express speaking with a relative of Ali who did not want to be named.

The relative said that Ali is a handyman by trade and has “never received any shares from Tiger Capital Ltd”.

The relative said Ali only found out that he was a director in the company following media reports.

The relative said that Ali, also called “Toad”, was working on a building when he was asked by someone to sign a document. He did so without questioning its contents.

Checks with residents in the area revealed that no one had ever heard of the business Tiger Capital Ltd being located at the given address.

On November 18,2014, Tiger Capital Ltd was paid by the Office of the AG for legal advice. On December 9, the company filed its annual returns for 2014.

Several efforts over the past months to contact Soodhoo have been unsuccessful.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 08, 2015, 07:43:17 AM »
PRAKASH IS SUCH A f**kING FRAUD !!!

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-06-08/prakash-urges-jack-head-us-face-trial-so-we-can-get-truth

Prakash urges Jack to head to US: Face trial so we can get truth

Congress of the People leader and Justice Minister Prakash Ramadhar yesterday urged former Fifa vice president and Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner to go the United States to face trial in connection with the ongoing corruption scandal, insisting that the country’s reputation has been tarnished.

“This is the battle for truth and T&T has to have its image repolished so that the true beauty of the nation be seen and not be identified by the actions of Mr Warner and those around him. I think it is so important for him to save the reputation of this country,” Ramadhar told local and international members of the media during a press conference at the COP’s Flagship House in St Clair yesterday.

Warner is one of 14 people wanted by the United States on suspicion of soliciting bribes worth millions in his Fifa dealings. He has been charged with multiple offenses, including racketeering and bribery, but has denied the charges.

Warner, currently on $2.5 million bail after his arrest locally, is expected to reappear in court on July 12. However, he has threatened to reveal secrets regarding “resources” he provided for Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s 2010 general election campaign, which are purportedly linked to Fifa.

Scoffing at this yesterday, Ramadhar said if Warner was innocent as he claimed he should not have a problem going to New York to face the courts. “Go to your trial so that we will hear what the facts are and not what you say they are. And when you go we hope that what you speak will be the truth and not further allegations, as what we have had with you over the last couple of days.

“This is a problem for all of Trinidad and Tobago and the solution rests in the heart, conscience and in the hands of Mr Warner. If it is that Mr Warner cares about this country then he should go to the US and have his trial there.” He added, “At the end of the day we don’t want technicalities. We want truth. As a lawyer, and I will tell you that for many years the innocent always rush for an early trial, so as a patriot I am asking for him to do so.”

On details of the questionable transactions made by Warner, Ramadhar said due to the judicial process it would be inappropriate for him to speak on matters before the court. “These are charges that emanate from the United States and therefore the conduct of this Government is only to ensure that the judicial process for extradition is engaged. The Attorney General has done what he has to do,” Ramadhar said.

But he warned that sometimes extradition matters could be dragged on for a lengthy period by attorneys. On his relationship with Warner, Ramadhar described it as one of indifference. He said since 2011 he had called for Warner’s removal from the Cabinet, adding that when the ILP was created he also had views on that, especially with the use of money in politics.

“I thought that it was a very dangerous development...he having been elected to Chaguanas West having regard to all the allegations,” Ramadhar said. “I thought that at that point in time something had gone wrong with the democracy. I thought that it had been disturbed and the Congress of the People had taken a strong position on that. We do not belive in the use of money for political heads. “Mr Warner’s actions of the past has really polluted the stream of the politics of this nation.”

No PP members quizzed by FBI

Congress of the People leader Prakash Ramadhar says neither he nor any other Government member has been interviewed by US authorities regarding political funding which may have been provided to the party by Jack Warner. However, he pledged this country’s cooperation with the ongoing probe.

“I have no knowledge of Mr Warner’s funding but I can tell you Mr Warner has embarked on a process of getting rid of the Congress of the People from very early on. So it will be shocking if he helped us financially,” Ramadhar said as he responded to reports that the FBI had questioned some Government officials in connection with the case.

Asked if he had any conversation with Warner about handing himself to US authorities Ramadhar said he had not. Warner, who still holds the position of an MP, was also problematic, Ramadhar said. Saying that Warner was still popular, Ramadhar added that he not only had a say in the Parliament but also questioned the integrity of many.

“It is a problem because he stands in the Parliament with the authority of the Parliament, but that is the democratic process we have engaged in and there is no process to remove him unless he is extradited,” Ramadhar added. But he said he was certain the constituents of Chaguanas West would deal with that matter appropriately.

On whether he believed Warner has not acted in the best interests of T&T, Ramadhar was also vocal on this. “I will not say that he has not acted in the interests of Trinidad and Tobago, but what is being unearthed now is that it is a serious self interest and I can’t say now what proportions of his actions were in the interest of T&T or that it was self motivated under the cover of the interset of T&T,” Ramadhar said.

Efforts to contact Warner yesterday were unsuccessful as he did not answer calls to his cellphone.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 08, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »
What do you expect from Prakash?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1223 on: June 09, 2015, 02:07:49 AM »
Now John Oliver takes on Jack Warner
By Gerard Best (Express).

US-based English comedian John Oliver will air a five-minute special on T&T television tomorrow night.

The special, called John Oliver: The mittens of disapproval are on, comes in direct response to a seven-minute special aired by disgraced former National Security Minister and Fifa Vice President Jack Warner last week.

Warner's special was titled Jack Warner: The gloves are off. In it, he said he had compiled a series of documents, including checks and corroborated statements, and placed them in "unexpected hands,” putting all his alleged Fifa co-conspirators on watch.

Oliver is host of the Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, which airs Sunday nights on HBO. He is also co-host of weekly podcast The Bugle, alongside comedian Andy Zaltzman. And he's used both platforms to tear into Fifa and its president Sepp Blatter. This entire Last Week Tonight segment was devoted the topic.

And the latest Bugle podcast is a compilation of the duo's material about Fifa. (Both contain explicit language).

On last night's programme, Oliver didn't give too much away but encouraged fans to tune in on Tuesday, saying, “We had more to say to Jack Warner than we had room for here."

The special airs Tuesday at 9:01 pm on CCN TV6.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1224 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:54 AM »
Ganja found at PM's home...and we hid it
By Denyse Renne (Express).

SMOKEOUT

Former national security minister Jack Warner has admitted he and former deputy commissioner of police Mervyn Richardson were part of a plan to bury the alleged discovery of marijuana at the Phillipine home of the Prime Minister on April 12, 2013.

The Prime Minister was in New York, USA, at the time.

Warner also named Gary Griffith, then adviser to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal as being part of the plan to ensure there was no criminal probe into the alleged marijuana discovery.

Richardson, when contacted yesterday morning by the Sunday Express, refused to comment on the allegation made against him by the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader and Chaguanas West MP.

In a statement dated June 6, 2015, submitted to Justice of the Peace Anthony Soulette, who stamped and signed it, Warner outlined how Richardson came to Parliament and told him about the alleged drug find.

Warner's statement forms part of a dossier of documents and taped conversations he has promised to deliver to selected attorneys for safe keeping to expose corruption in the Government.

Warner is currently on bail and will re-appear at the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court on July 9. He has indicated he will be contesting any request by the US to have him extradited to answer charges of racketeering and money laundering.

The indictment against Warner follows four years of investigations by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities into allegations of “rampant and systemic” corruption and rich self-dealing by FIFA officials.

On June 3, the US requested, through Interpol, that Warner and five other officials be placed on “red notice”.

Richardson retired from the Police Service in November 2013 and has been retained by the National Operations Centre as its strategic co-ordinator of Multi-Agency Co-ordinating Group. He has had his leave bought out on two occasions by the Government.

While in the Police Service, he headed several high-profile investigations, among them Emailgate.

The Sunday Express asked Richardson yesterday:

Mr Richardson, it is our information that you went to Parliament while it was in process on April 12, 2013, and met with Warner, where you informed him that four ounces of marijuana had been found outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home.

Richardson: I wouldn't comment on that.

Sunday Express: Do you recall that happening?

Richardson: I wouldn't be commenting on those matters.

Sunday Express: Is it that it didn't happen or you can't remember?

Richardson: Ms Renne, I said I will not be commenting on those matters.

Sunday Express: Shortly after this discovery, you left the service and were placed in charge of the Rapid Response Unit. Were you part of a cover-up, and this position your payment?

Richardson: Ms Renne, I would not be commenting on those matters. Have a great day.

On Friday evening, the Sunday Express was shown a copy of the police diary entry, which stated 113 grammes of marijuana were found on the Philippine premises around 7 a.m. on April 12, 2013, during a routine patrol.

Warner, in his statement to the JP, said Richardson came to Parliament on April 12, 2013, while a sitting was in progress and they went into a private room at the Parliament.

He said, “The DCP informed me that the PM's security officers at her residence in Phillipine had found that morning a packet containing 4 ozs of marijuana outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home, and according to DCP Richardson, based in the amount it can be for the purpose of trafficking”.

Warner said he was told by Richardson that Snr Supt of Special Branch Gary Gould was in charge of the Prime Minister's detail and he (Richardson) would speak to Gould.

“I immediately called Dr Roodal Moonilal, Leader of Government Business, from the Parliament and asked him how we should deal with this matter,” Warner wrote.

Moonilal advised that the Prime Minister be called and told what occurred since she was in New York at the time, according to Warner.

Warner said he did so and “the PM seemed surprised and said that she should return home immediately and asked whether she should return home and resign”.

“She then spoke with DCP Richardson, who again informed her of what he had told me.

“I prevailed upon her not to resign, but that we (Moonilal, Richardson, Captain Gary Griffith, who had been informed, and I) would use our best efforts to bury it and up to today we did.”

Contacted last Friday by the Sunday Express, Warner said he would not comment at this time, except to say, “I will be revealing more at my meeting on Thursday night. I promised the PM, the gloves are off.”

Countless calls to Persad-Bissessar and Moonilal on Friday and yesterday, as well as several text messages seeking a comment, went unanswered.

The Sunday Express also contacted press officer Francis Joseph, who said he would try to obtain a response from Persad-Bissessar, but up to press time last night there was no response.

The questions posed to the Prime Minister:

• Good morning Mrs Persad-Bissessar. I am writing an article for tomorrow's paper and would like a comment from you. On or around April 2013, four ounces of marijuana were found at your Phillipine home. Can you confirm or deny?

• Did Mr Mervyn Richardson have a conversation with you regarding this find?

Special Branch head: Richardson didn't tell me anything

The Sunday Express contacted Gary Gould yesterday morning. Gould is currently a DCP and also the deputy head at Special Branch.

Asked whether he knew about the find at the Prime Minister's residence in April 2013, Gould said, “I'm not aware of this.”

Quizzed on whether Richardson relayed this information to him, Gould said no.

Asked whether he was sure Richardson never informed him of the find, given that he (Gould) headed the Special Branch at the time, Gould said, “Something like that, I would have remembered being told to me.”

The Sunday Express asked whether it was mandatory such a report should have come to him. Gould say yes.

Contacted yesterday morning, acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams said he needed an opportunity to look into the matter.

“I have to look at the records of 2013 and I have no access to those records now. I'm sure if it's Special Branch, there would be records,” Williams said.

Griffith responds: Ask the police

In an e-mailed response sent yesterday evening, Gary Griffith refused to confirm or deny he was privy to the alleged incident.

He instead told the Sunday Express to check with the police.

He said when he operated as a minister of National Security, “I am obliged to still stress that it would be inappropriate to make any statement on any such allegation.

“Based on this report, it would be the police who should comment on this allegation. Having said that, let me make it abundantly clear it is impossible for any Government official to give any police officer an order to cover up any matter that warrants a police investigation or a possible charge for someone committing a criminal offence. They have no authority to do so.

“The Police Service comes under the Ministry of National Security for administration, policy and logistics support services.

“It is not in any remote way under the authority of Government officials, inclusive of National Security, National Security Council or Office of the Prime Minister, for operational purposes, which includes investigations and reporting a crime.

“For any further information reference the above, the T&T Police Service is the best avenue to answer any further questions.”

Edited text of the statement by Jack Warner

My name is Jack Austin Warner.

I was elected to Parliament on May 24, 2010, for the Chaguanas West constituency, copping the highest number of votes for any one candidate in that election.

On June 1, 2010, I was appointed Minister of Works and Transport, and later Minister of Works and Infrastructure.

On June 25, 2012, I was appointed Minister of National Security, a post from which I resigned on April 20, 2013. Prior to this, I had acted as Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago on no less than four occasions. In fact, I was the first minister to be appointed by the Prime Minister to act for her when she had to travel in August 2010.

As Minister of National Security, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service was one of the agencies under my portfolio.

On Friday, April 12, 2013, DCP Mervyn Richardson came to Parliament (where sitting was in progress) and called me out. We went to a private room in the Parliament, where the DCP informed me that the PM's security officers at her residence in Philippine had found that morning a packet containing 4 ozs of marijuana outside a window of the Prime Minister's Philippine home, and according to DCP Richardson, based on the amount, it can be for the purpose of trafficking.

DCP Richardson also advised me that Senior Superintendent Special Branch Gary Gould was in charge of the Prime Minister's security detail and that he would speak to him.

I immediately called Dr Roodal Moonilal, Leader of Government Business, from the Parliament and asked him how we should deal with this matter.

He suggested that I should immediately call the Prime Minister overseas in New York and inform her, which I did.

The Prime Minister seemed surprised and said that she will return home immediately and asked whether she should return home and resign.

She then spoke with DCP Richardson, who again informed her of what he had told me. I prevailed upon her not to resign, but that instead we (Moonilal, Richardson, Captain Gary Griffith, who had been informed, and I) would use our best efforts to bury it, and up to today we did.

All of the above can be easily corroborated in the following ways:

1. By seeking the advice of Senior Superintendent Gary Gould, Head of the Special Branch;
2. By inspecting the police diary for the morning of April 12, 2013;
3. By seeking the advice on the matter from DCP Mervyn Richardson and Captain Gary Griffith. Consistent with his current behaviour, it will serve no useful purpose to interview Dr Moonilal;
4. TSTT (Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago) or DCP should be able to produce pictures of the marijuana which picture Richardson had on his mobile phone.

Respectfully submitted,
Jack Warner
Member of Parliament
Chaguanas West Constituency
June 6, 2015

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 14, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »
where you informed him that four ounces of marijuana had been found outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home.

Allyuh know I ain't a Kamla fan, but 4 friggin onz  a weed outside she window. Jack sparrow could ah plant it on there. Steups. 4  friggin onz??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 14, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »
4 ounces is a good bit of weed Deeks. It only sounding like a little bit. Just FYI
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 14, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »
4 ounces is a good bit of weed Deeks. It only sounding like a little bit. Just FYI

You want to tell me Kamla that dotish to put 4 oz of weed outside she window. Don't make sense to me.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 14, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »

You want to tell me Kamla that dotish to put 4 oz of weed outside she window. Don't make sense to me.

Take time, Deeks. Time will tell. Somebody soon blow the pot on this story.  It has critical mass. :rotfl: 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 14, 2015, 08:26:08 PM »
Nah boi - there is nothing in this to suggest wrong doing- this government is too squeaky clean- this has to be all bravado or is it? Nah boi fish doh really rot from the head? I mean it had all kinda tape with former minister in hotel room doing and look nah it took ah Long time to get rid of that one- people allegeding  that it was not he in the video - now this nah - all joking aside , there is something kinda ridiculous about this to implicate someone- this is a weak case that just creates more scandal. When you read the papers these days yuh just have to laugh sometime we.

I listening to Montano
SCANDAL - DELIERIOUS
All kinda jump and wave starting to explode in meh head - wave ah flag cause I eh seeing this as having substance or could it be so? Nah boi  too many  unfounded stories in parliment this year- whey Cro Cro?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:35:25 AM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>