April 26, 2024, 12:24:14 PM

Author Topic: Another English Defender injured  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another English Defender injured
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:50:53 AM »
Updated: April 17, 2006
King will be fit for World Cup, says Spurs coach

LONDON, April 17 (Reuters) - England defender Ledley King will be fit for the World Cup despite sustaining a stress fracture to his left foot, says Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol.

'He will take three or four weeks to recover so of course he will be fit for the World Cup,' Dutchman Jol told Sky Sports television before Tottenham's home game against Manchester United on Monday.

England begin their campaign against Group B opponents Paraguay in Frankfurt on June 10.

Spurs defender King is out for the rest of the Premier League season after suffering a stress fracture to the fourth metatarsal on his foot in Saturday's 1-0 win at Everton.

Jol said King's injury was a big blow for Spurs but he was confident he had the squad to cope with the loss of his captain.

King, who has also played in central midfield for England, has played a pivotal role in Tottenham's climb to fourth place in the league.

England manager Sev Goran-Eriksson already had injury problems in defence to contend with before King's untimely setback.

Real Madrid centre-back Jonathan Woodgate is currently sidelined, Sol Campbell has suffered a broken nose and Matthew Upson suffered a ruptured Achilles during the warm-up before Birmingham's derby clash with Aston Villa and is ruled out for the rest of the season.

Eriksson will now be keeping his fingers crossed that there are no injury problems between now and the World Cup for John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher and Wes Brown

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another English Defender injured
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 09:00:22 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Cheers.  all is fair in love and War...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 09:04:56 AM »
Updated: April 17, 2006
King will be fit for World Cup, says Spurs coach

LONDON, April 17 (Reuters) - England defender Ledley King will be fit for the World Cup despite sustaining a stress fracture to his left foot, says Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol.

'He will take three or four weeks to recover so of course he will be fit for the World Cup,' Dutchman Jol told Sky Sports television before Tottenham's home game against Manchester United on Monday.

England begin their campaign against Group B opponents Paraguay in Frankfurt on June 10.

Spurs defender King is out for the rest of the Premier League season after suffering a stress fracture to the fourth metatarsal on his foot in Saturday's 1-0 win at Everton.

Jol said King's injury was a big blow for Spurs but he was confident he had the squad to cope with the loss of his captain.

King, who has also played in central midfield for England, has played a pivotal role in Tottenham's climb to fourth place in the league.

England manager Sev Goran-Eriksson already had injury problems in defence to contend with before King's untimely setback.

Real Madrid centre-back Jonathan Woodgate is currently sidelined, Sol Campbell has suffered a broken nose and Matthew Upson suffered a ruptured Achilles during the warm-up before Birmingham's derby clash with Aston Villa and is ruled out for the rest of the season.

Eriksson will now be keeping his fingers crossed that there are no injury problems between now and the World Cup for John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher and Wes Brown

Wow, that is something!! Well, let's hope our players remain fit especially with all their competition going on right now.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
ummm..... Jlloyd meh get call up fuh England.  Just starining ole talk.

Now all  we need is fuh Jamacia  to do we a favour  and put some  BLADE in dey arse; mash dem up / soften them up; and the playing field go level out ah bit.
Cheers
English lads.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 11:33:32 AM »
When we play wales I hope nobody to do us what people wishing J'ca do to England.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 11:52:02 AM »
When we play wales I hope nobody to do us what people wishing J'ca do to England.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You run yuh own obeah and yuh own 'goat mouth' wish; at this time is every dog  fuh he self.

I eh say they go go out and maliciously cut down man but ah want Jamacia to  soften them up play them hard and  give them a physical beat  up.

Let Wales bring it on. yuh think them eh thinking ways to help they European / neighbours? sit they and think that  these are just 'friendlies' or just games with one love and happiness; teams looking to play hard ; teams looking for recognition and teams have  friends on both sides looking for favours.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland ent helping England no time soon...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
them really dislike england.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 07:33:09 PM »
It has nothing to do with goat mouth but the simple biblical principle do unto others as you would have them do unto you. No need to wish  injury on anybody. Just like our players having been waiting all their life to play in the WC so is the other players.

So lets just wish all the players from the 36 nations all the best.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
them really dislike england.

especially scotland. de scots hate de english with a passion. glad them on we side.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »
doh study england fellaz........ dey still have 5 top class defenders

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »
brotherman, I dont think that no one on this forum did somethingto make England defenders injured. They got injured on there own time and space but Ill drink a beer to easier opposition anytime.  If it was one ah allyuh fellas who do the England Back line in well Shame on allyuh and Tell Mother Corn-Husk Ah go bring de money ah owe she next week.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 11:27:28 PM »
It has nothing to do with goat mouth but the simple biblical principle do unto others as you would have them do unto you. No need to wish  injury on anybody. Just like our players having been waiting all their life to play in the WC so is the other players.

So lets just wish all the players from the 36 nations all the best.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good on you to  pontifcate and moralise on the virtues of  peace love and brotherhood. But don't you understand that the World Cup is not  one big Woodstock of football?  it is not a series of friendlies!!!! it is about football supremacy. And after  having been edged out is  previous world cup qualifiers and having been subjected to  being called " minnows" and other less glowing terms, do you not think that if we take  scathing taunts at the so called  world  class teams like England it is not justified?
Look England has the depth , the talent and the skill, so a rash of injuries would  impact them  in a very small way relative to our team. I doh wish them ill omen but at the same time ah little ease up fuh we go  ease my tensions. All in war  is fair.
Look nah we eh have the number of skilled players playing at the level as england so  if you are worried about your adopted contry Weary one then  continue  to pontificate and  read ah psalm or two.

Yeah right all the best to all countries. right!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:29:09 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
What I luv about this board is that is  real Trinis because like real Trinis they always talk things  they do not know about. What they are saying in reality they have no clue. What adopted country are you apeaking about? Where have I ever indicated that England is my adopted country.

I want to beat England just like the next guy and who cares if they call us minnows, we qualify and they cannot take that from us. Yes it is a competition and when we beat them with all their stars they will have nothing to say. I guess you prefer that they say that the only reason we won is because player X or Y is absent.

I enjoy my WC because I want to see the best players in the world on display I have my team I always back and those who I never back. Thank God this time around I have the red, white and black to shout four.

Unless a miracle happens on July 9th I ain't likely to see them in the final but I want to see the two best teams with all their fit players. Let the pontification continue.   

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 01:32:12 PM »
What I luv about this board is that is  real Trinis because like real Trinis they always talk things  they do not know about. What they are saying in reality they have no clue. What adopted country are you apeaking about? Where have I ever indicated that England is my adopted country.

I want to beat England just like the next guy and who cares if they call us minnows, we qualify and they cannot take that from us. Yes it is a competition and when we beat them with all their stars they will have nothing to say. I guess you prefer that they say that the only reason we won is because player X or Y is absent.

I enjoy my WC because I want to see the best players in the world on display I have my team I always back and those who I never back. Thank God this time around I have the red, white and black to shout four.

Unless a miracle happens on July 9th I ain't likely to see them in the final but I want to see the two best teams with all their fit players. Let the pontification continue.   

I happy for you.  I doh watch it so.  If the morning of the game the whole English side get a case of shittings from a bad curry I glad for my team as we beating them bad.  If they getting injured I glad too.  Me eh studying good football.  I studying Trinidad winning.  Let all the good football happen outside Group B once Trinidad winning and picking up points.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »
Good Riddance Rooney!!!   

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 08:38:07 PM »