April 19, 2024, 07:45:27 PM

Author Topic: From the current Under 20 squad.  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
From the current Under 20 squad.
« on: March 03, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
Stars will be born. Under 20 is a BIG league.

Who allyuh feel will emerge from this group of players as top future stars.

My Lucky 7.

Robert Primus, Sheldon Bateau, Daniel Cyrus, Akeem Adams, Jamal Gay, Leston Paul and Kevin Molino

Under 20 Squad

Close eye on Sean De Silva and Daniel Joseph, but time will tell...

Nice set of players.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:02:32 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: From the current Under 20 squad.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:46:45 PM »
Yeah this is time for them fellas to stand out. Jamal already has his foot out there. Would like to see the likes of Leston Paul burgeon into a Latapy midfield general and marshall the forces.

Come on fellas, time to BATTLE!
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:55:59 AM »
I'm hoping that Bateau and/or Primus are the class of our team.

We DESPERATELY need good defenders.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 07:10:47 AM »
My Picks,

Akeem Adams.
Sheldon Bateau
Daniel Cyrus (He is a utility man and can use his left foot so you know he will be in a NT by default) 
Leston Paul
Daniel Joseph
Jamal Gay

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
De Silva is gonna have a big say... but i hope all the defenders impress cuz as Palos said we need some good Defenders

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:28:32 AM »

sense
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

Palos, as far as defenders go we in a better position for the future than at any time since I can remember.

What we need the most to graduate into the senior team are solid defensive mids and quick thinking, hard running wingers who not afraid to run into space or throw a tackle. Absent Carlos our most glaring long term deficiency IMO, is the dimesions of quality wide service and defence.

To me Micah Lewis and Aaron Maund were a real strength, but now like we have no natural heir apparents on the wings, except for Downing and Kevon Neaves and maybe Javed Mohammed and all of them left footed.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 11:36:05 AM »
Paul...Primus..D.Joseph...A.Adams
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »

Palos, as far as defenders go we in a better position for the future than at any time since I can remember.

What we need the most to graduate into the senior team are solid defensive mids and quick thinking, hard running wingers who not afraid to run into space or throw a tackle. Absent Carlos our most glaring long term deficiency IMO, is the dimesions of quality wide service and defence.

To me Micah Lewis and Aaron Maund were a real strength, but now like we have no natural heir apparents on the wings, except for Downing and Kevon Neaves and maybe Javed Mohammed and all of them left footed.

If we have promising wingers...I would like to see someone convert a few of them to the wing back position.  In today's game....your wing backs are probably your best athletes and have to be technically proficient.  Everything else yuh could teach.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »

If we have promising wingers...I would like to see someone convert a few of them to the wing back position.  In today's game....your wing backs are probably your best athletes and have to be technically proficient.  Everything else yuh could teach.

I agree with you on that to a certain extent, but we have young wing backs with some potential but fellas like Akilie does ketch grief because they have little to no support on the wing. Seon Power have serious athletic ability but I see him get isolated and hit with 1-2 enough times in the pro-league because JP wingers not providing a buffer for him. Same how Akilie does get real pressure stemming from Keon Daniel poor tackling aptitude.

Plus is it worth it to subvert the instincts of a naturally attacking player like a Hayden Tinto or  Aaron Downing and push them into a primarily defensive role as opposed to adding defensive capability to their game?

On the other hand Stephen Knox used to play a decent game on the right wing for Fatima, he Paul, Primus, Bateau and especially DeSilva should be knocking on the national team door real soon.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »

I agree with you on that to a certain extent, but we have young wing backs with some potential but fellas like Akilie does ketch grief because they have little to no support on the wing. Seon Power have serious athletic ability but I see him get isolated and hit with 1-2 enough times in the pro-league because JP wingers not providing a buffer for him. Same how Akilie does get real pressure stemming from Keon Daniel poor tackling aptitude.

Plus is it worth it to subvert the instincts of a naturally attacking player like a Hayden Tinto or  Aaron Downing and push them into a primarily defensive role as opposed to adding defensive capability to their game?

On the other hand Stephen Knox used to play a decent game on the right wing for Fatima, he Paul, Primus, Bateau and especially DeSilva should be knocking on the national team door real soon.

Good points.  But with respect to converting wingers to wing backs.....all Brazil's wing backs for the past 5 years at least started off as wingers.  Converting wingers to wing back is de norm these days in football.  Ah mean....look at Maicon or Danny Alves....dem natural attackin instincts subverted in any way?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »

Good points.  But with respect to converting wingers to wing backs.....all Brazil's wing backs for the past 5 years at least started off as wingers.  Converting wingers to wing back is de norm these days in football.  Ah mean....look at Maicon or Danny Alves....dem natural attackin instincts subverted in any way?

Yeah true dat. I doh know much about Maicon but Alves instincts are defininitely NOT blunted. I just wish we had more players of Carlos talents on the horizon to put in front men like Akilie and Power

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 02:43:57 PM »

Robert Primus, Sheldon Bateau, Daniel Cyrus, Akeem Adams, Jamal Gay, Leston Paul and Kevin Molino  Kester Alexander, Thorne Holder (Joe Public), Karlon Murray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Akilie Edwards (Defence Force), Hayden Tinto, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Judah Hernandez (Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA), Shane Calderon (W Connection). Josimar Belgrave (Superstar Rangers), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Clevon George (Young Harris College), Jason Devenish (University of South Florida)

Sam these are some of the best youths one day they would replace the current crop of player we have to give these guy a chance and show patients we dis guard players after on bad performance our we wait for a big club to pick them up before we give them a run remember KJ before he when to Southampton he could get a chance with the national team as soon as he got picked up then we start calling him if his deal had feel trough he would off been with some local team wondering why he cant make the national team   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 02:55:04 PM »
If these men was any good they would be playing on the senior team. At the age of 20 you ready to play. I have not seen these men play but I have seen the senior team play and if these youths cannot put them men on the bench then they really cannot be that good.

At the age of 20 aint have no more developing to do , at that age is time to execute. Look at national teams around the world and see at what age men does break through. If by the time you reach 20 you dont already have caps and contract chances are you not going to make a big impact.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
We might be seeing them sooner than later. If the current team don't perform in the rest of the HEX., then it is definitely time for replacement.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »
need or have palos ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>