April 29, 2024, 01:57:41 AM

Poll

Has Anil "Spalk" Roberts become a sell out?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 05, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Author Topic: A view on Anil "Spalk" Roberts  (Read 14967 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister caught on Tape!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »
What the man did in the privacy of a hotel room is his business.
 He is a cabinet Minister ,not an ordained minister... Obviously a  set up a la Marlon  Berry
  This is my opinion after reading the posts here

with all due respect, that is bullshit. if that is the line we should take then we shouldnt complain about the fast rate of decay in this country. if that media release didnt insult your intelligence well...i wouldnt finish because i said i would respect you.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
If he is so sure that it is not him....then take a polygraph test.....
have them subject the video to a voice analysis

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »
I swear that watching the antics of this current PP government is better than looking at any comedy show.

They truly take T&T citizens for utter fools if they believe this latest excuse for not disciplining Anil will stick!

Yes blame it all on PNM mischief.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:35:46 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »
They truly take T&T citizens for utter fools if they believe this latest excuse for not disciplining Anil will stick

YES!!!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »
Socapro, yuh monitoring the radio studio? If anything interesting lashing leh we know. Thanks kindly.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
That was obviously a hologram.

They did ketch me at first. Then when I see they have one with Sat defending him then I realise what it is going on.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 07:35:19 PM »

They did ketch me at first. Then when I see they have one with Sat defending him then I realise what it is going on.

Ent!

A bald-headed man who resemble a minister and have a similar voice, was taped in a room rolling a cigarette.
I don't see the issue here.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »

Ent!

A bald-headed man who resemble a minister and have a similar voice, was taped in a room rolling a cigarette.
I don't see the issue here.

The guy on tape is an Englishman with about 20 friends

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »
with all due respect, that is bullshit. if that is the line we should take then we shouldnt complain about the fast rate of decay in this country. if that media release didnt insult your intelligence well...i wouldnt finish because i said i would respect you.

Ramgoat eh Trini so he eh go feel insulted... matter of fact that is small ting man.  Yuh eh see he say dey do de same ting tuh 'Marlon Berry'?  All we missing is fuh Anil de fella tuh say "goddamn puta set me up! >:("

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:54 AM »

The goverment's response is insulting to the nation.

Their defence and explanation is to attack Rowley  :bs: :bs: :bs:

When that sink in, it will be an angry mob matching on Parlaiment tomorrow.

Ripe for another July 27th.

Stupid thieves and scoundrels
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2014, 05:23:05 AM »

The goverment's response is insulting to the nation.

Their defence and explanation is to attack Rowley  :bs: :bs: :bs:

When that sink in, it will be an angry mob matching on Parlaiment tomorrow.

Ripe for another July 27th.

Stupid thieves and scoundrels

Bingo!

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
There  ain't nothing in the video that is so egregious which should lead to his firin as a minister .
 A contrite apology would suffice. If he is incompetent  in his job then yes he should go but not for this
 The dude yielded to temptation .. sex . drugs but but his head shouldn't roll.
 The sayin bout castin de first stone and the beam in one own eyes  etc.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:42:02 AM by Ramgoat »

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2014, 10:57:57 AM »
anyone looking for last year's thread:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=59211.0

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
anyone looking for last year's thread:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=59211.0

Thanks fuh that. Nice  :rotfl: down memory lane.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
There  ain't nothing in the video that is so egregious which should lead to his firin as a minister .
 A contrite apology would suffice. If he is incompetent  in his job then yes he should go but not for this

You are completely missing the point.

What Anil Roberts did (checking hoes in a hotel and helping them to wrap a joint as captured on video) is only acceptable if he was not doing it while he has been holding the post as our Minister of Sports.

The only argument that Anil could have made was to outright deny it was him in the video or otherwise to admit it was him in the video but to also argue that the incident happened many years ago before he was appointed our Minister of Sports.

However Anil can't deny that it was him in the video nor can he deny that the incident happened while he was our Minister of Sports. The prove that it happened while he has been our Minister of Sports is confirmed by the Sports Company of T&T logo on his shirt.

The fact that he did this while he was our Minister of Sports is total disrespect for his position as a Minister who is meant to be setting a good example to our T&T youngsters and sportsmen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:40:07 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »

This could be (or could have been) a good moment for Gov't to revisit ganja legislation and policy. Instead of denial, man shoulda say ... yeah is me, and expound on new policy from there. Talk about national debate that would stimulate?

Yuh know how many votes that worth? Likely plenty.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »
We just roll one smoke one..so what we get drunk..we just smoke w...we just havin fun...we don't care who see..
:cheers:           :afro:       :notworthy:        :wavetowel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWp7CuMxug
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »
Gov't responds to viral ganja video: MISCHIEF

... the real burning issues of the day, some of which were raised by the Honourable Minister of Sport, Anil Roberts.

:rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »
The PM should be compelled to identify who composed the press release. But, nonethless, the Opposition should blaze ah fire on everything related to that release. It's a poorly crafted page out of the US political playbook ... which suggests to me that ...  :-X

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
I think the gov't should keep him in that position. Let's see him go and talk to the youths about dedication and good behaviour.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
I think the gov't should keep him in that position. Let's see him go and talk to the youths about dedication and good behaviour.
and the message being that if you cavort wid prostitutes and  smoke some dope , you can  end up like me ... cabinet minister

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
Maxg and Swimma will he be allowed back at swim meets as Bovell coach?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
and the message being that if you cavort wid prostitutes and  smoke some dope , you can  end up like me ... cabinet minister

I see you have finally gotten the message I summarized in Reply #35 above. :thumbsup:
This is why the government should conduct an investigation to confirm if it was indeed Anil Roberts in that video while he has been holding the post of Minister of Sports and if they confirm it was him then he should be suitably punished for setting such a bad example to our nations youngsters and sportsmen.
Otherwise the government has no standards and none of the minsters in the PP can be described as honorable including our Prime Minister.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »
The issue is that he holds a Ministerial post and at this time marijuana use is still illegal. It is incumbent upon the Minister to state whether or  not he engages in any illegal or illicit behavior as his Ministerial portfolio is one that sees him interacting with young athletes. How can he go to a primary school and tell kids sport is an avenue out of the ghetto and drugs. He is even a coach. Would he condone one of his athletes engaging in this behavior?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »

I was trying to be  sacarstic. he should step down. Let us go back to our sane life. Him being there will cause issues. Ethical for one.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
The issue is that he holds a Ministerial post and at this time marijuana use is still illegal. It is incumbent upon the Minister to state whether or  not he engages in any illegal or illicit behavior as his Ministerial portfolio is one that sees him interacting with young athletes. How can he go to a primary school and tell kids sport is an avenue out of the ghetto and drugs. He is even a coach. Would he condone one of his athletes engaging in this behavior?
Exactly!

Only a government without standards and morals will try to brush this video off without at least launching a serious investigation to establish if it was indeed Anil Roberts and if the incident happened while he has had the serious portfolio as our Minister of Sports.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »
Oh shucks I got up looked in the mirror and I swore it wasn't me I saw.  Look nah time to stop all the legal fa dangling and start calling things for what they are - lots of articles I read skirting around the issue as if the evidence is so  remotely far from what is:" a ball headed man a man  looking like -  is like reporters fraud litigation or fraud of some reprisals.

Fear is overwhelming and seems to be predominant in most sectors of TNT, Why?  Look what we have become and what we are accepting? Imagine big government Marc and once more people seeing and knowing all that happening yet they running to support?

Everything is  like blame PNM-is always someone else doing some plot never people accepting blame and doing the right thing.people turning this around  as if there is a " victim" here and woe is me!!!!!!! Nonsense.

Hypocrisy lies deceit corruption incompetence malice greed - seven deadly sins   Permeating the land-

We ever stop to consider why week in and week out is one big deflection after another?  Yet there is no concerted  focus on the PRISONGATE scandal and a certain  Arrogant Gent? Nah why  is this  issues not at the forefront? What has happened to the investigation? Even the big case which the SC was part of has now gone silent in the press.

How much can we endured as a nation?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2014, 02:05:30 AM »
Oh shucks I got up looked in the mirror and I swore it wasn't me I saw.  Look nah time to stop all the legal fa dangling and start calling things for what they are - lots of articles I read skirting around the issue as if the evidence is so  remotely far from what is:" a ball headed man a man  looking like -  is like reporters fraud litigation or fraud of some reprisals.

Fear is overwhelming and seems to be predominant in most sectors of TNT, Why?  Look what we have become and what we are accepting? Imagine big government Marc and once more people seeing and knowing all that happening yet they running to support?

Everything is  like blame PNM-is always someone else doing some plot never people accepting blame and doing the right thing.people turning this around  as if there is a " victim" here and woe is me!!!!!!! Nonsense.

Hypocrisy lies deceit corruption incompetence malice greed - seven deadly sins   Permeating the land-

We ever stop to consider why week in and week out is one big deflection after another?  Yet there is no concerted  focus on the PRISONGATE scandal and a certain  Arrogant Gent? Nah why  is this  issues not at the forefront? What has happened to the investigation? Even the big case which the SC was part of has now gone silent in the press.

How much can we endured as a nation?

You only have to endure as much as you are prepared to put up with.:whip:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2014, 06:08:13 AM »
Trini Rob Ford boi.lol

ENT!!
The similarities between those two are laughable

Scions of privileged families, trying their respective best to pretend they are the common man. 
Yet their backgrounds create some character flaw aura of untouchable arrogance

dem ting does happen when yuh hire lil boys to do big man wukk
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>