April 28, 2024, 02:11:12 PM

Poll

Has Anil "Spalk" Roberts become a sell out?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 05, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Author Topic: A view on Anil "Spalk" Roberts  (Read 14938 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister caught on Tape!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »
Maybe our PM needs better glasses if she can't tell or hear from his voice that it is Anil in the video.

Check this article below. It makes you realize beyond doubt that our PM taking T&T citizens for fools.
And why does she need a report from Anil to confirm that it is him in the video? Why not pick up the phone and ask him which she should have done when she had a meeting with him soon after the video was made public. Instead she tried to dismiss the video as a PNM ploy to distract from her government's good work.

PM: I can’t say it’s Anil in video
By Laurel V Williams Thursday, June 5 2014 (T&T Newsday)

PRIME Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has defended her request for a report on the controversial video of a person resembling Sports Minister Anil Roberts saying she was unable to identify the person although having seen a copy of the video.

“I saw the video. I cannot say (if it is him). That is why I await the report,” she told reporters following a ceremony for the installation of lights at Mendez Recreation Ground, Mendez Trace, off Scott Road, Penal Rock Road, Penal, on Tuesday night.

Persad-Bissessar, the Siparia MP, noted she had asked Roberts for a report on the allegations which she is yet to receive. “In the interim I allow the party of which he is a member to do their own work. (Prakash ) Ramadhar did call me last night (Monday) indicating the decision of the executive,” she acknowledged.

On Monday, Ramadhar, leader of the Congress of the People, announced the suspension of Roberts, a party member, over his failure to co-operate with them in their probe of the controversial video of a man using what appears to be marijuana. Ramadhar also called on the Prime Minister to take action against Roberts.

Since the video became public there has been a call from several quarters for Roberts’ dismissal as a Government minister. Critics even accused the Prime Minister of being afraid to take such action.

“Have I shown fear before? I am not afraid to do what I think is the right thing to do. I will be certain in my mind that the evidence is there, whatever comes forward that it will sufficient to take action as regards. I am not afraid,” she told reporters following the event.

You is d PM 2 wks now u ask 4 a report and d man eh take yuh on. I must pull an Anil d next time they ask me 4 something at work and I eh do it or take my cool time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2014, 08:04:20 PM »
[

You is d PM 2 wks now u ask 4 a report and d man eh take yuh on. I must pull an Anil d next time they ask me 4 something at work and I eh do it or take my cool time.
[/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Weary I agree with yuh dey

And hear nah and the next  duncy minister want  to know why the kids today lack discipline; why all the sex in schools why the drugs ? why the lack of respect for authority? well look at the fine examples that our leaders are setting. I could hear it in households " mammy I want to be like that......( pick one)minister he does thief and get lots ah money and  spend it with friends  and buy big house and big time car and suv. Mammy look how this one have all kinda gyul friends and he does well smoke up and ting... lawd mammny I want tuh be like  this one...... look he have ah nice job and people does come by he fuh house and give him favours. Mammy I want to be a millionaire ah doh need tuh go to school to be ah minister- look ah man d from mayaro and one who use to talk  talk loud loud now dem making big money"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2014, 12:05:50 AM »
Just read this article in the Trinidad Express- if all this is  factual then you have to wonder what elements were used and the root of support that went on in the general elections- my ' spidy mind' telling me appears that for services rendered , we are seeing the criminal elements prospering and flourishing - is it any wonder that the two foreign olive commissioners were relived of theory duties? Makes you wonder if there was more - possibly  the pressure from The opposition leader and the public for investigations may have resulted in a findings that the rulers could not afford.

Next could you imagine another public  embarrassment of having to sack another minister and risk losing the support  in a constituency if in fact what was reported here is fact? Well leh we read the following:

TNT Express
Karen: I warned Anil
Story Updated: Jul 6, 2014

Former People’s National Movement (PNM) MP for D’Abadie/O’Meara, Karen Nunez-Tesheira, had concerns about the role of persons with an alleged criminal background in the 2010 general election campaign in the constituency. The D’Abadie/O’Meara seat was won by Congress of the People candidate, Anil Roberts, now the Minister of Sport in the People’s Partnership Government. Nunez-Tesheira was responding to statements made by Devough Cummings, a supervisor of the LifeSport programme in Carapo. Cummings strongly defended the programme and its co-ordinator, Rajaee Ali. Cummings acknowledged during the interview that he had been a supporter of the PNM and Nunez-Tesheira, whom he criticised. However, speaking to the Express last week, Nunez-Tesheira said there were many ironies in what Cummings had stated. She said Cummings, who was known by the nickname “Boyo”, was one of her main supporters and a member of her campaign team in 2010. “What struck me was the irony of what Mr Cummings had to say,” she said. Noting that the LifeSport programme is being investigated by the Government, with respect to the criminal element which is allegedly part of the programme, Nunez-Tesheira said: “Mr Cummings was one of two persons who, just about a week before the 2010 general election, came to me during a walkabout in the constituency. He was literally scared when he came to me. And he said the night before when they (himself and another individual whose name she requested not be printed) were doing their canvassing in the constituency for the PNM, a man who was known to them from Malabar, came out of a vehicle, blocked them and was brandishing a gun. They knew him, he knew he had been in prison and had been recently released and they knew that this was not someone to be trifled with. And he threatened them. “They told me that he threatened them with regards to their supporting of my campaign and intimidated them to such an extent that they jumped into a ditch to escape him. “They called my office manager (from the ditch) and they were advised to go to the police,” Nunez-Tesheira recalled. She said they called the police, who came and took them to Malabar Police Station. She said, therefore, it was very ironic that “Boyo”, who came to her with respect to criminal action during the 2010 campaign, should be saying the things that he is now saying in the media. Nunez-Tesheira said she was naïve enough at that time to go to Roberts’s campaign office to discuss what was happening in the constituency. She said she had taught Roberts’s brother, Shastri, at law school, also knew his wife, Lara, and had attended their wedding. “And I felt that this was not the way to conduct a campaign. So I went to the office to say ‘if you win, you win. But there was no need to go down that road, that there was no need to have people bringing out guns and having the kind of action that I was seeing entering the campaign.” She said she was totally taken aback by the response she received. She said the issue found its way into the newspapers, with “erroneous reports”, claiming that she went into Roberts’s campaign office in a violent manner and threw down chairs, “which was a total untruth”. Nunez-Tesheira said she merely went to speak to Roberts and his people about the direction the campaign was taking and to caution against this kind of activity. She said a number of persons, who were alleged to have been involved in criminal activity in the constituency, approached her in the campaign, but she “would have none of it”. “I stayed away from that because I would have been under their control (if I had allowed myself to be exposed to that),” she stated. Nunez-Tesheira said during her tenure as MP she focused on Carapo, putting up retaining walls, bridges, speed bumps, lighting, parks, drainage ducts, paved streets, etc. Saying that the ordinary people in Carapo were very kind to her, Nunez-Tesheira stated: “I did in Carapo what I thought an MP should do. What I did not do, in Carapo as well as in other parts of my constituency, was that I absolutely refused to have anything to do with the alleged criminal elements in that constituency, because once you do that, you compromise yourself and you are beholden to them and they can control you, they can blackmail, threaten and intimidate you and I was not prepared to do that. “So Mr Cummings, or ‘Boyo’ as I knew him, if that (cooperating with criminal elements) is his definition of a good MP, then I was not a good MP,” she added.

1]; } ?>