April 24, 2024, 02:07:12 AM

Poll

Has Anil "Spalk" Roberts become a sell out?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 05, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Author Topic: A view on Anil "Spalk" Roberts  (Read 14903 times)

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
A view on Anil "Spalk" Roberts
« on: April 28, 2006, 07:42:04 PM »

I have been watching Spalk since the new season has started and have listened to his radio show on Power 102FM. I have come to realise that Anil have become a big sell out, anybody(person\company) he can get something($$$) from he bigs them up, but if he does not get anything he bad talks and insults that person/company.
At 1st he was someone who used to take a neutral stance and no matter who you are if you did good he will big you up and if you did bad he will waste you down, but recently since he has all these sponsors and getting all these jobs all over you can see that he treats certain people/company very sutle if he has to talk about something  they did that he did not agree with, but others he will "go to town" on them sometimes to the point of being disrespectful.

That is my view, What is your?

Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: A view on Anil "Spalk" Roberts
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »
If people feel being loud and obnoxious is an asset, well i can't do nothing about that...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:04:26 PM »
In addition to being Jack front, side and back pocket he is also a fair weather friend. He jumping on the get rid of Bennett King . When people said that Bennett King is a clown and ain't have no history in coaching he wanted him because he knew superior training techniques. We all know that is all he knows.

Anil is the poster boy for Empty Vessels making the most noise.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »
hmmm , example , bmobile vs digicel , yuh does get some good NEUTRAL comments out of him alot of the times on the power drive , 4 - 7 Power 102 FM , listen to it , speaking of that ,

EVERYONE , WEDNESDAY , GLADIATOR SHOW , 8 PM , ROGER BOYNES AND JACK WARNER GOIGN TO BE LIVE ON THE SHOW , listen on their website..

Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 09:23:50 PM »
Sorry fellas...eh have nutting really to do wit Football.  Moved to de General discussion area.

Respeck.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Early Morning Show Anil Roberts
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 08:12:20 PM »
What's the story with Hema's interview with Anil yesterday?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:21 AM »

Apparently she was able to handle his rants and was not intimidated.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »

Apparently she was able to handle his rants and was not intimidated.

Saw this tweet by Ria Rambally ‏@Ree_la_la Jan 16:

"We need more people in this country like Karl Hudson-Phillips and less of these boisterous Government Ministers who disrespect tv hosts."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:51:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 05:22:08 PM »
Apparently that video has been "removed."

I assume it was amusing.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Minister caught on Tape!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister caught on Tape!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
There goes the neighbourhood funding  and meeting Messi ...  :devil:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:10:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:16 PM »
Trini Rob Ford boi.lol

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »
let's see how they try to spin this...it wasn't him...they had somebody posin like him they dub he voice they photoshop him it was ah actor....they was making a PSA about the dangers of drugs..they was waitin for Kamla but she come late

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »
Anil is a real fool in truth!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 08:48:06 PM »
Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone

As sung by the group Queen

No pun intended on the word 'dust'

I cannot comment enough about the lack of moral ethical  intellectual or leadership of any form that exists in this country at the moment. Again I say is there a constitutional clause that permits the 'President' to invoke a no confidence  rule  dismantle the elected government and force an election?

How many more of this must we endure ? How many  times must our youths be exposed to the leaders of this country who continue to  set such un exemplary images of politicians?

How could  some citizens among us continue to support such ministers?  The ship sink sink - you ent see how the ship sink sink stink stink

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 01:49:56 AM »
TV6 News shows video of ‘Minister’ with ganja
By SEAN DOUGLAS (Newsday).

A balding man resembling a Cabinet Minister was last night shown in a video-clip on national television rolling a cigarette made of a substance resembling marijuana, partying in the company of a young woman, a video-cameraman and other friends. The presence of a key bearing a number (201) suggests the setting was a hotel room.

Rumours of such a video had surfaced a few months back and were even referred to in passing in a speech in Parliament by the said Minister.

Newsday last night tried to reach the relevant Minister whom the man in the video resembles, and also tried to get a comment from spokesman, Communications Minister, Vasant Bharath, but we were unsuccessful. TV6 News reported Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar as saying she was unable to comment until she sees the video which she requested the television station send to her.

In the video the man bends over a counter-top in front of a mirror and dabbles in a substance resembling marijuana. He has a continuous dialogue with friends, all discussing his technique of preparing a marijuana cigarette.

“Come, come all you go ahead. Let me deal with this here,” said the man.

“They call me the ‘two-pull man’,” he quips. “They does roll it — all my boys — but you see me, I could drink rum whole day and night but if I take two ‘pull’ (I) gone through.” He said he had at least 20 different friends who can roll such a cigarette.

He then seemingly scoffs at his own cigarette preparation technique, saying, “I’m old and inexperienced.” A woman argues that he is being too fastidious in his sorting of the herb before it is ready to be put into a cigarette paper, scoffing that he is preparing it “English” style, but he holds his ground, quipping, “Well right, I is ah English boy.”

TV6 News spoke to the Prime Minister.

“You are correct. There’s something very bad here,” she is reported as saying.

“Please tell me again. Kindly tell me again,” she asked the interviewer so as to seek details. “Very kindly send it to me,” she requested of the video.

In recent times Government Ministers have been the subject of personal scandals. Caroni Central MP Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh was fired as Minister of the People and Social Development for a row with an airline hostess who alleged he had touched her breast, a claim he denied.

Former tourism minister, Chandresh Sharma, the Fyzabad MP, resigned after a police investigation began into allegations he hit his former girlfriend at a shopping mall. Minister of Tobago Development, Dr Delmon Baker, was accused of inappropriate conduct by a man who was since arrested on fraud charges amid blackmail claims towards Baker.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
There goes the neighbourhood funding and meeting Messi ...  :devil:

He could still meet Maradona.  :D
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »
idiot :D man getting lock up in TT for this and a cabinet minister roaming free and twisting cabbage and boasting lol :rotfl: real hypocrites

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »
The man say is not he and he lawyers looking into it.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
let's see how they try to spin this...it wasn't him...they had somebody posin like him they dub he voice they photoshop him it was ah actor....they was making a PSA about the dangers of drugs..they was waitin for Kamla but she come late

You forget the obvious.

Dat wasn't ganja.

Is some nice herbal tea from Sri Lanka.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
Okay folks, I am going to pretend that I am the lawyer acting on behalf of Anil Roberts now because we know he is going to fight this tooth and nail rather than resign from his lucrative job.

My client Anil Roberts has done nothing wrong.
There is no proof that what he was rolling in that mischievous video is in fact ganja and even if it was he was only helping a female friend to roll it and he did not smoke it or at least not on camera.
Also he did say that two pull does knock him out but he could drink rum all day and night. This statement clearly means that he is not a smoker but rather a drinker just like our honourable Prime Minister who he does his best to emulate.

Also what proof do we have that those girls in the video were prostitutes and even if they were you have no evidence that my client paid for having sex with them and engaged in any illegal activities with the ladies.

In addition my client would like to press charges against the video maker for not respecting his privacy and trying to set him up by asking him to roll a smoke for them on camera with the intention of using the footage to try to make money and bring him embarrassment.
My client is a health conscious individual who as an ex-swimmer and current national swim coach and Minister of Sports does not even condone the smoking of cigarettes much less ganja and the video maker trying to imply that he does is defamatory to his clean and respectable character.

So in summary, in the interest of no one else trying a stunt like this on my client in the future I've advised my client to sue the video maker for damages for intentionally trying to tarnish his clean and exemplary character.

How ah sound folks? Do you think that Anil should hire me to defend him and can I get him out of this with his job and "good clean" reputation intact?!  8)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:59:36 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »
This is politics, doesn't really matter what actually happened, it was broadcasted nationwide and in the court of public opinion he is guilty.

The damage is done

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Apparently Anil Roberts the Minister of Spalk has been invited by COP to an urgent meeting with its political leader today.

Any bets on whether Anil will be sacked or not?

I am willing to bet that he will have a noble and honorable explanation for why he was rolling it and then blazing it. He could even blame Machel and Patrice. :D

Machel & Patrice - Roll It/Blaze D trail
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j06uqp6mydo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j06uqp6mydo</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »
Anil say is not him yes, blames Dr Rowley

Well i think i've seen it all.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:41 PM »
one of many pathetic media releases i have ever heard from this gov't...

Gov't responds to viral ganja video: MISCHIEF
...The Government sees this as nothing more than a vicious attempt at character assassination and will not validate it with any further commentary.

By Multimedia Desk
Story Created: May 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM ECT
Story Updated: May 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM ECT
The Government this afternoon issued a statement in response to a video which allegedly shows a Minister engaging in questionable behavior. The statement was issued by the Ministry of Trade Industry and Communications. Minister Vasant Bharath said at today's Post Cabinet media briefing that the issue of the video was discussed briefly at the meeting of Cabinet.

The following is the full statement -

It is rather peculiar that an undated video, framing what is alleged to be a Minister of Government surfaces - one that carries no evidence of anything but a distraction from the real burning issues of the day, some of which were raised by the Honourable Minister of Sport, Anil Roberts.

Any attempt to answer the questions on the video would serve the agenda of an Opposition so desperate to distract the population from the achievements summarised in the fourth Anniversary of the People's Partnership, that it would go to any length.

It is not just coincidental that it was Anil Roberts who exposed critical questions on Minority Leader of the Opposition, Keith Rowley's personal interest in the Wastewater Project.
As a reminder, Minister Roberts asked the Minority Opposition Leader whether he did in fact once meet with Ganga Singh on the Beetham Wastewater project accompanied by a group of potential investors. He was further asked whether this interest continues today on the project.

Those questions remain more relevant today than any video of an alleged Minister rolling an unidentified substance. There is no relevance to the political theatre crafted by agents of mischief, produced and directed with obvious intent to distract from issues that affect the population.

The Government sees this as nothing more than a vicious attempt at character assassination and will not validate it with any further commentary.

Nothing should detract the population from the very real positive changes they encounter due to the people's revolution. The evidence of that is what the Opposition wants the population to forget.

Finally, development has happened in areas where it matters most, to the people. The depleted Treasury which the last administration left, has now been bolstered by strong, prudent management and the economy is strong again with unemployment and inflation at an all time low.

There has been a dramatic transformation of a 24/7 water distribution programme. More schools and health centers have been built in the last four years than have been done in decades. Business and investment in Trinidad and Tobago is easier now than at any other period in our nation's history. After inheriting an annual crime rate that had peaked at 550, the political will currently in place has seen it driven down to 334 in just four short years.

Investment has moved from empty skyscrapers and grandiose projects into more roads and bridges than ever before. And these are just a few of the areas of transformation sweeping the country. That is the real evidence which the population knows and cares about.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »
one word... "inadmissible" ....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
one word...... bullshit
I pity the fool....

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
 What the man did in the privacy of a hotel room is his business.
 He is a cabinet Minister ,not an ordained minister... Obviously a  set up a la Marlon  Berry
  This is my opinion after reading the posts here

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
What the man did in the privacy of a hotel room is his business.
 He is a cabinet Minister ,not an ordained minister... Obviously a  set up a la Marlon  Berry
  This is my opinion after reading the posts here

So yuh saying Priests cyah smoke trees?

I remember I was the god father in a christening in a Episcopalian church, the priest was real mellow, when we stand up and move to the front to do the thing, we find out why.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>