March 29, 2024, 08:13:57 AM

Poll

Has Anil "Spalk" Roberts become a sell out?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 05, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Author Topic: A view on Anil "Spalk" Roberts  (Read 14843 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Minister caught on Tape!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »
Trini Rob Ford boi.lol

ENT!!
The similarities between those two are laughable

Scions of privileged families, trying their respective best to pretend they are the common man. 
Yet their backgrounds create some character flaw aura of untouchable arrogance

dem ting does happen when yuh hire lil boys to do big man wukk

character flaw meaning sociopath?  ;)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
Trini Rob Ford boi.lol

ENT!!

Scions of privileged families, trying their respective best to pretend they are the common man. 

Al Roberts was his father. Big mouth just like him but the real terror was his mom.

Got a mouthful from her in a Fatima QRC game he was playing in,,,,
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »
Could add warlord to his many titles. Apparently he has armed and financed a small militia in this country. Lol....This country too nice

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »
Trini Rob Ford boi.lol

ENT!!

Al Roberts was his father. Big mouth just like him but the real terror was his mom.

Got a mouthful from her in a Fatima QRC game he was playing in,,,,

Is mout get him knifed back in the 80s.

Plastic surgery has served him well.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:37:24 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
Not sure if you have seen this.

https://www.facebook.com/EntBreakingNews/photos/a.161216637234606.33952.134447103244893/743723335650597/?type=1&theater

His defense should have been ,"  Yes it was me in that video , I rolled the joint ,I smoked the joint but I  didn't inhale. I also did not had sex with any of those Hos",

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2014, 06:50:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u1f2-Q9BEMU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u1f2-Q9BEMU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2014, 07:39:59 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2014, 09:01:06 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Guess if we cyah laugh then we go cry!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »
Special dedication- the man he was not indem chupidness he was just looking fuh he bull

Kenneth Supersad - Bull

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLIFbYXb2E&feature=kp

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:17:38 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »

Cant believe this thing dead now without any repercussions.

Trinidad and Tobago deserves what it gets.

I smoke weed already too, but I ent no Govermint minister and i ent make no oath to uphold the constitution and laws of our not so great nation.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
Kams should make Anil the Minister of Agriculture because he very good with weed and hoes.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »

I smoke weed already too, but I ent no Govermint minister and i ent make no oath to uphold the constitution and laws of our not so great nation.

Let me point out some things for you gullible folks in Anil's defence.  :mackdaddy:

1. Have you'll any proof it was actually the real Anil Roberts in that video?
What if it is someone else who looks and sounds like Anil?

2. Alternatively what if some mischievous supporter of the PNM with the right video imaging software and know how placed Anil's image in that video in their desperate plight to bring down this government that is doing so much work for the people?

3. Even if it is Anil in the video for argument sake, you have no proof that it was ganja or any other illegal substance that he was rolling nor does the video show him smoking whatever it is he was rolling.
What if he was simply rolling a normal legal cigarette?

4. The person in the video who looks like Anil did say that he can drink rum (which is currently legal in T&T) all day and whole night but two pull of whatever the substance he was helping to roll would knock him out. That comment suggests that he simply helped roll the substance but may not have engaged in smoking it to save knocking himself out after just two pull.

5. We have no proof that those women in the video are prostitutes and in addition we don't have clear shots of their faces to identify exactly who they are.

6. We also have no proof that this incident happened and the video of it was filmed while Anil has been a government minister. This incident could easily have happened 5 plus years ago before Anil was a government minister.
His shirt with the Sports Company of T&T logo which only came out in 2012 proves nothing as that logo on the shirt could have been inserting into the video by a mischievous PNM supporter using the right video editing technology.

7. And to those who want Anil to admit is was him in the video and that it was an illegal substance that he was rolling and he was seeing prostitutes and it happened while he has been the Sports Minister, why do you expect Anil to incriminate himself and be forced to resign from a good paying government job that comes with plenty free travel, perks and other privileges?

8. Any further questions? Ask Anil!! Say WHHHAAATTTT?!!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:56:00 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Sometimes it seems like we do too much to defend  / justify/ deflect / minimize criminals or criminal actions rather than  stand up for accountability morality and ethics.

I mean is lime we over analyze what ifs..,,,, instead of putting the heat on the perpetrators and have them prove differently- look at all the major criminal events in the past two months:
- did we not know who were working  at different custom ports in regards to the juice cans? Was ther not a place  or address for the shipment? Case gone cold- press ease up on tht
 What happen to the fowls with the ganja? Case gone cold
What happen to PRISONGATE?
What happen to the Dana S case- was thee not a video identifying individuals? Case cool down
All this ole talk about a PNM plot I spur rubbish to detract for the I discretionary actions- why is the media all skirting around the issue of making allegations-?
Since 1990 we have not learned anything about treating criminals like criminals instead of trying to give them the. Ended it of the doubt.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2014, 03:57:32 AM »

Let me point out some things for you gullible folks in Anil's defence.  :mackdaddy:

1. Have you'll any proof it was actually the real Anil Roberts in that video?
What if it is someone else who looks and sounds like Anil?

2. Alternatively what if some mischievous supporter of the PNM with the right video imaging software and know how placed Anil's image in that video in their desperate plight to bring down this government that is doing so much work for the people?

3. Even if it is Anil in the video for argument sake, you have no proof that it was ganja or any other illegal substance that he was rolling nor does the video show him smoking whatever it is he was rolling.
What if he was simply rolling a normal legal cigarette?

4. The person in the video who looks like Anil did say that he can drink rum (which is currently legal in T&T) all day and whole night but two pull of whatever the substance he was helping to roll would knock him out. That comment suggests that he simply helped roll the substance but may not have engaged in smoking it to save knocking himself out after just two pull.

5. We have no proof that those women in the video are prostitutes and in addition we don't have clear shots of their faces to identify exactly who they are.

6. We also have no proof that this incident happened and the video of it was filmed while Anil has been a government minister. This incident could easily have happened 5 plus years ago before Anil was a government minister.
His shirt with the Sports Company of T&T logo which only came out in 2012 proves nothing as that logo on the shirt could have been inserting into the video by a mischievous PNM supporter using the right video editing technology.

7. And to those who want Anil to admit is was him in the video and that it was an illegal substance that he was rolling and he was seeing prostitutes and it happened while he has been the Sports Minister, why do you expect Anil to incriminate himself and be forced to resign from a good paying government job that comes with plenty free travel, perks and other privileges?

8. Any further questions? Ask Anil!! Say WHHHAAATTTT?!!!

You know what?
After reading this I agree and also change my mind about man landing on the moon

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anil is a silly fella, he snubbed the COP party at their meeting and didn't answer questions about the video and now he is writing them a letter to complain about being suspended.

Read what Anil Roberts wrote to COP chair about his suspension from party
Published: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Gerard Best (T&T Guardian)

Following is the full text of a letter sent by Congress of the People (COP) member Anil Roberts to Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan on June 3rd. Roberts became the subject of a controversy when a video was published showing someone bearing his resemblence handling what appeared to be marijuana.

Dear Madam,

RE: Your reports to the media of the ‘suspension’ of Hon. Anil Roberts from the Congress of the People

I am forced to write you as I woke up this morning to several reports in the print and electronic media that I had been ‘suspended’ from the Congress of the People political party. Suffice to say, some 15 hours after which the decision was allegedly made and conveyed to the national media in time to find its way into the printed daily press of all three national Dailies, as of 12:00 noon, today the 3rd June, 2014, I am yet to receive any notification from you or your representative about this reported state of affairs. Indeed, rather than take the time to pen me the contents of your alleged decision, I have received several reports that you were heard ‘gallerying’ yourself on the radio this morning, alleging that the party had taken action. Apparently, it is a lot easier to pontificate about procedure and transparency than to adhere to same.

I have to make a few short points:-

1)  I was invited to a discussion on Thursday 30th May, 2014, and it was not made clear what allegation or case I had to answer, if any. Indeed, it was never represented to me that any adverse finding or action would be taken against me.

2)  I have now read reports that the meeting was a ‘Committee’ set up by you, of which you were the ‘head’. Clearly, you ought to recuse yourself, as you have been widely reported in the very newspapers, indeed you are quoted in the Guardian Newspaper for the very 30th May, 2014 saying, “We may have a discussion with him and find out from the others what they want to do but to me it is a very straightforward issue,” Seepersad-Bachan said.” Clearly, you pre-judged the issue, and ought not to have placed yourself in a position to purport to make decisions about me.

3) Kindly advise under what power under the Constitution you have purported to ‘suspend’ me.

It is my position that not only you have absolutely no power to so do, but in any event, your actions and that of the Committee are fundamentally flawed, and are more aimed at creating a veneer of some sort of action having been taken to placate others. Unfortunately, this sort of ineffectual action is what has come to typify your leadership.

I look forward to receiving clarification on the above items.

Yours sincerely,
Anil O. E. Roberts

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah! Dahis some on point stuff dey from the Minister ... seems the COP might have to revisit (that is, rewrite) some of the purported gaps in its procedures.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah! Dahis some on point stuff dey from the Minister ... seems the COP might have to revisit (that is, rewrite) some of the purported gaps in its procedures.

Point dis.... point dat.

When dey ask the bitch if is he in the video he REFUSED to answer with a simple yes or no.

Now he know procedures???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The bigger question for me is why was his alleged actions not dealt with at the PM level?  This here is an example of ' passing the buck"
Come on walk the talk- allegations  should be investigated and  critical decisions MUST be made. No wavering on the issue . What you say Moonilal?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
YOU HAVE NO POWER
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »
YOU HAVE NO POWER
By SEAN DOUGLAS Wednesday, June 4 2014 (T&T Newsday)

A defiant Sports Minister Anil Roberts yesterday said the leadership of the Congress of the People (COP) has no power to suspend him over the recent video of a man resembling a Cabinet Minister dabbling in a substance that resembles marijuana.

“Kindly advise under what power under the Constitution you have purported to ‘suspend’ me,” he challenged.

“It is my position that not only do you have absolutely no power to so do, but in any event, your actions and that of the Committee are fundamentally flawed, and are more aimed at creating a veneer of some sort of action having been taken to placate others.”

Roberts argued his case against suspension in a letter (dated yesterday) to COP chairman, Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan, copies of which were sent to media houses. Last Thursday, Seepersad-Bachan told reporters she was disappointed in Roberts for his alleged refusal to cooperate with a team of national executive members who had met at the COP’s base at Flagship House in Port-of-Spain to ask him about the video.

Roberts himself had told reporters he was still a member of the COP. Then by Monday, COP leader Prakash Ramadhar said no-one is above scrutiny and that the national executive had suspended Roberts for his alleged failure to cooperate.

“Until he does so, the COP will not allow him to participate or represent the party in any form or fashion,” said Ramadhar. “He should step aside as a Government Minister until he clarifies the video, whether first of all he is in it and two, whether an illegality was taking place.”

Yet Roberts in his letter yesterday said the suspension typified the allegedly ineffectual leadership of the COP executive, and he urged clarification on several issues he had raised.

His letter began by complaining that he had not even been formally notified of his alleged suspension but had learnt of it via yesterday’s print and electronic media.

“Suffice to say, some 15 hours after which the decision was allegedly made and conveyed to the national media in time to find its way into the printed daily press..., as of 12 noon today, June, 3, 2014, I am yet to receive any notification from you or your representative about this reported state of affairs,” he bemoaned.

“Indeed, rather than take the time to pen me the contents of your alleged decision, I have received several reports that you were heard ‘gallerying’ yourself on the radio this morning (yesterday), alleging that the party had taken action.”

Roberts said it is apparently much easier to pontificate about procedure and transparency than to adhere to same. He challenged the fairness of the disciplinary procedures used by the COP.

“I was invited to a discussion on Thursday, May, 30, 2014, and it was not made clear what allegation or case I had to answer, if any,” he related, but the date was a typo as the meeting took place on May 29.

“Indeed, it was never represented to me that any adverse finding or action would be taken against me.”

Roberts asked whether Seepersad-Bachan should head any such committee, alleging that she had pre-judged him.

“Clearly you pre-judged the issue, and ought not to have placed yourself in a position to purport to make decisions about me,” hit Roberts.

“Clearly, you ought to recuse yourself...Indeed you are quoted in the Guardian newspaper for the very May, 30, 2014 saying, ‘We may have a discussion with him and find out from the others what they want to do, but to me it is a very straightforward issue’.”

Meanwhile last evening, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who heads the Cabinet of which Roberts is a member, told reporters at her Siparia constituency office that she had asked Roberts for a report on the matter which she is now awaiting. She took no further questions as she had to attend an event in the constituency.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I won’t be bullied—Carolyn
…‘We didn’t invite Anil to tea party’

Published: Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Radhica Sookraj (T&T Guardian)

Sports Minister Anil Roberts is contesting a decision by the Congress of the People (COP) to suspend him over the controversial ganja video, saying the party had no power under its constitution to do so. In a letter to addressed to chairman Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan yesterday, Roberts said he also never received any notification of his suspension from the party and got the news via the media. He said Seepersad-Bachan should also back off from any probe as she was not fit to head any investigating committee.

“Clearly, you ought to recuse yourself. Clearly, you pre-judged the issue and ought not to have placed yourself in a position to purport to make decisions about me,” Roberts said. He also claimed when he met with party executives on May 30, the first time they gathered to discuss the video, he was never called on to answer any case.

“I was invited to a discussion on Thursday 30th May, 2014 and it was not made clear what allegation or case I had to answer, if any. Indeed, it was never represented to me that any adverse finding or action would be taken against me,” Roberts said. He called on Seepersad-Bachan to say under what powers of the constitution was he suspended.

“It is my position that not only you have absolutely no power to so do but in any event your actions and that of the committee are fundamentally flawed and are more aimed at creating a veneer of some sort of action having been taken to placate others. Unfortunately, this sort of ineffectual action is what has come to typify your leadership,” he said.

COP leader Prakash Ramadhar announced on Monday night that Roberts had been suspended from the party over his failure to co-operate with the investigating team on the issue. In a radio interview yesterday, Ramadhar said Roberts had trivialised the controversial matter and based on his unwillingness to co-operate, the party had suspended him. The video, which was aired over two weeks ago, shows a man resembling a Government minister rolling what appears to be a ganja cigarette in a hotel room with two women.

Roberts has neither confirmed nor denied he is the person in the video and now answers all attempts at confirmation by the media with the response that it is now in his lawyers’ hands. But in response to Roberts’s claims yesterday, Seepersad-Bachan said the decision to suspend Roberts was not a personal one but was taken by the party’s national executive on Monday. Saying she would not be bullied, Seepersad-Bachan also said the executive was supposed to inform Roberts of his suspension yesterday.

Initially, however, COP leader Prakash Ramadhar said they would have communicated the decision to Roberts on Monday, following the decision at COP’s Operations Centre in Charlieville, Chaguanas. With regard to Roberts’s claim he was never asked to answer a case during their meeting last week, Seepersad-Bachan said: “What did he think he was invited to? A tea party?”

Seepersad-Bachan also noted that while her party has severed all ties with Roberts over his failure to co-operate with it on the video issue, the party’s constitution did not allow expulsion. As such Roberts’s D’Abadie\O’Meara seat, which he won on a COP ticket, could not be declared vacant unless he resigned, she said. She added that the party was moving to amend the constitution to include an expulsion clause, but that could only be ratified by the national assembly when it met in September.

Insisting Roberts should step down as a minister, Seepersad-Bachan said the party’s suspension of him was not inconsistent with previous positions taken. “We have made our position clear. In my view there is no way that Mr Roberts can now, or in the future, represent this party publicly. “In fact, he has breached our code of ethics and code of behavior for public officials representing the people. We are not pronouncing guilt or innocence. We are saying a matter of this magnitude requires him to clarify,” Seepersad-Bachan said.

Asked why it took so long for Roberts to be suspended, Seepersad-Bachan said the COP wanted to get the facts right before taking action. “We believe in natural justice. People say that the video was on Facebook but there are a lot of rumours that it has been altered. It took a while before TV6 could give us the video.”

Political analyst Mukesh Basdeo said yesterday the findings of the audited report of the controversial Life Sport programme, and not the ganja video, would ultimately determine whether the Prime Minister fired Roberts. He also said it was difficult to lay criminal charges against anyone in the video because the nature of the substance was unclear and the video could not be linked to the minister. Asked whether the suspension of Roberts would hurt the COP’s chances in next year’s general election, Basdeo said that was difficult to say.

“The COP has lost a lot of support since 2010 but in politics one day you can be unpopular and the next you can rise from the ashes,” he said.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The man arrogant and what he feel he above  party and  government- manners he arse-loud mouth brash and arrogant.Another ministerial flunky.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:08:37 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just another exposure of a lack of accountability in political life - why did Jack last as he did? Why has he still got a job? Because no one can be held accountable, not even to each other, at the highest level.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »
Anill boy, growing up in P Town with my step mom, when ever you are playing the ass and carrying on like you  do, she would say laugh and cry live in the same house .

They getting pick off one after the other ,who nex ? make a line .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
As much as it pains me to say this it really sickens me that this has been used politically to tarnish the reputation of the minister. I say this because Marlene Mcdonald mentioned this video over a year ago in Parliament which means that the PNM must have known about this video for over a year. It is unfortunate that they waited a whole year to release this video. They could have saved us a whole extra year of Anil. Steupsssss

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 11:13:41 PM »
As much as it pains me to say this it really sickens me that this has been used politically to tarnish the reputation of the minister. I say this because Marlene Mcdonald mentioned this video over a year ago in Parliament which means that the PNM must have known about this video for over a year. It is unfortunate that they waited a whole year to release this video. They could have saved us a whole extra year of Anil. Steupsssss

alot of ppl knew about the video but it didnt hit mainstream yet

also at the time it was reported in the Mirror and in the report it said that elements in the PP were in posession of the video and wanted to use it against the "loud mouthed minister"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2014, 08:39:19 AM »

Is Anal u talking bout what reputation u talking bout. This is the man who use 2 be on 102 calling Marlene Mcdonald mambee. This joker should have never even be an MP farless a Minister.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »

Congo, you can't be serious. Is Anil you talking about.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 07:55:16 PM »
This video being mentioned over a year now. Why wait until the day before the march to release it? Why not release it a year ago and save us all a year of Anil...Too much games and politics.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PM: I can’t say it’s Anil in video
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »
Maybe our PM needs better glasses if she can't tell or hear from his voice that it is Anil in the video.

Check this article below. It makes you realize beyond doubt that our PM taking T&T citizens for fools.
And why does she need a report from Anil to confirm that it is him in the video? Why not pick up the phone and ask him which she should have done when she had a meeting with him soon after the video was made public. Instead she tried to dismiss the video as a PNM ploy to distract from her government's good work.

PM: I can’t say it’s Anil in video
By Laurel V Williams Thursday, June 5 2014 (T&T Newsday)

PRIME Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has defended her request for a report on the controversial video of a person resembling Sports Minister Anil Roberts saying she was unable to identify the person although having seen a copy of the video.

“I saw the video. I cannot say (if it is him). That is why I await the report,” she told reporters following a ceremony for the installation of lights at Mendez Recreation Ground, Mendez Trace, off Scott Road, Penal Rock Road, Penal, on Tuesday night.

Persad-Bissessar, the Siparia MP, noted she had asked Roberts for a report on the allegations which she is yet to receive. “In the interim I allow the party of which he is a member to do their own work. (Prakash ) Ramadhar did call me last night (Monday) indicating the decision of the executive,” she acknowledged.

On Monday, Ramadhar, leader of the Congress of the People, announced the suspension of Roberts, a party member, over his failure to co-operate with them in their probe of the controversial video of a man using what appears to be marijuana. Ramadhar also called on the Prime Minister to take action against Roberts.

Since the video became public there has been a call from several quarters for Roberts’ dismissal as a Government minister. Critics even accused the Prime Minister of being afraid to take such action.

“Have I shown fear before? I am not afraid to do what I think is the right thing to do. I will be certain in my mind that the evidence is there, whatever comes forward that it will sufficient to take action as regards. I am not afraid,” she told reporters following the event.

1]; } ?>