April 28, 2024, 03:22:03 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 230240 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Fed-up Fenwick bails
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »
I doh understand

That about sums it up where u concerned.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
Whether is Latapy coaching alone come June 6th, I glad for him, but its not to late to try and get a little help for much cheaper than any other big name foreign coach who will come here and have not heart in T&T football, play 4 games and he gone.

Wim didn't used to get pay fuh months.  Look one game alone play dis season, Fenwick eh get pay and he ride out arready.  But HE heart in T&T football? 

If you not getting your pay for any job what do you gain by staying and not getting paid ...... would you?  Maybe wim stayed cuz he didnt have any options to go anywhere he wasn't a great coach anyway

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »
I really hope the T&T government football fans gets involved in supporting the Pro League.

Many teams need help and they employ a lot of people.

PS: Sam, you are on spot here, I say give Fenwick a shot at the T&T team, we cannot rely on Varnes as he will be occupied with the under 20 team and they need all the attention they can get.

Fixed it for you

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »
The US does play WC in different cities. Spain, Italy and Germany does do it to. Even Brazil does play in different cities.  If our team was plenty good, it would not have matter where the game is played. Because our team so shakey we have no confidence in them. I am glad the Tobago got the game, but this was a vaille que vaille decision. All the the reasons people on this site mentioned for moving the game could be true. Only one man decision counts here.!!!
Yuh just wake up or what? lol are you sure you meant to post in this thread?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »
Sorry, wrong post!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
Whether is Latapy coaching alone come June 6th, I glad for him, but its not to late to try and get a little help for much cheaper than any other big name foreign coach who will come here and have not heart in T&T football, play 4 games and he gone.

Wim didn't used to get pay fuh months.  Look one game alone play dis season, Fenwick eh get pay and he ride out arready.  But HE heart in T&T football? 

If you not getting your pay for any job what do you gain by staying and not getting paid ...... would you?  Maybe wim stayed cuz he didnt have any options to go anywhere he wasn't a great coach anyway
so what you call the goat that just get fired ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »

If you not getting your pay for any job what do you gain by staying and not getting paid ...... would you?  Maybe wim stayed cuz he didnt have any options to go anywhere he wasn't a great coach anyway

Sven Goran Eriksson?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »

On the contrary Palos, Fenwick hasn't been paid for 2 weeks less than 6 months....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »

On the contrary Palos, Fenwick hasn't been paid for 2 weeks less than 6 months....

Yeah breddrin.  Ah was jes bein faceituous.  Fenwick do wha he hadda do.  Hopefully it work out for him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »
I doh understand

That about sums it up where u concerned.

You could try dat shit with somebody else fella... your mouth longer dan yuh reach.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
Allyuh want this greedy traitor to coach we national team?  :rotfl:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2009, 11:40:55 AM »

The goat that just get fired is a....GOAT nuff said

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2009, 01:14:28 PM »
I really hope the T&T government gets involved in supporting the Pro League.

PS: Sam, you are on spot here, I say give Fenwick a shot at the T&T team, we cannot rely on Varnes as he will be occupied with the under 20 team and they need all the attention they can get.

They already do
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »
I doh understand dis "messiah" complex peeps seem to be increasingly associatin Fenwick wit.

He's a coach.   An inexperienced one from an international perspective at ANY level at that, yet peeps clamourin for him to coach we national senior men's team apparently because he's had success at the PFL level with local players.  Oh yeah...and he "know de culture".  De same PFL level dat cyah beat teams outside of T&T with any degree of consistency.  But somehow, he's apparently most qualified to get the best out of our footballers to compete at the international level.

I doh get it.

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »

How you know Wim didn't het paid ? forget what you heard, Jack take yuh head. He was playing politics with T&T government. And if you read de article you will see Fenwick wasn't paid for months either. You dont know de man situation so you cant talk. All I saying is I am sure both can work together.

I heard Wim himself on I95.5 with Andre Baptiste say so on several occasions.  He also said that not only he didn't get paid, but the assistants and he mention men like Anton & Michael Maurice.  he also said that one time, when a cheque finally came, he made arrangements to have dem fellas paid before he got paid.

Now maybe de man lie on de radio.  I jes repeatin what I hear him say.

Let me confirm I mind him 4 months. Anton and all say that he and Barber and dem was not being paid when dey had d under 17

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
I really hope the T&T government football fans gets involved in supporting the Pro League.

Fixed it for you

Cosign is d govt fault 300 peeps does go d Pro League

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fenwick mulls court action against Jabloteh.
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2009, 04:17:06 AM »
Fenwick mulls court action against Jabloteh.
By: Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Having gone five months without a salary from T&T Pro League club Clico San Juan Jabloteh, Englishman Terry Fenwick says he is now ready to take the matter to court if the need arises. Contacted yesterday, the day the 2009 season of the league now sponsored by Digicel began, Fenwick said Jabloteh had still not communicated with him and told him him of his status officially.”

He said: “As far as the club goes I’m still the technical director and they are actively seeking sponsors to cover my salary. “But at the same time I simply cannot continue in this position without being paid. “It’s simply not realistic.” Fenwick began the pre-season coaching the team in readiness for the 2009 season. However, he opted not to travel with the team for a Caribbean Football Union Club Championship match due to a break down in talks over salary payment.

“The matter is now a legal one as I feel that someone and Jabloteh are responsible for my contract. This is not the stone age and it’s not something that they (Jabloteh) could just walk away from,” he said. His salary has been rumoured to be over $50,000, but Fenwick, who led Jabloteh to a successful league title-defence last year and was named 2008 Pro League Coach of the Year said he had offered to reduce his wage demands. “I informed the board members of the club that I was quite willing to renegotiate and scale down my salary many months ago but nothing has happened.

“As it is at the moment my solicitors contacted the club (Jabloteh) over a month ago and we are still awaiting a reply. Fenwick’s role at the club became a topic of discussion when mega insurance company Clico, the main financial support group of the club was taken over by government because of financial troubles last year. Vindra Dass, Fenwick’s lawyer said, “We have not begun mitigation as yet as we would like to give Jabloteh the opportunity to try and solve the matter before it reaches the court.” “We have not taken the next step of commencing court proceedings, but if the matter is not resolved then we would have no choice but to take the next step,” said Dass.

In taking over the company, the T&T Government opted too support the club at a lower level, and this did not include support for Fenwick’s salary. Jerry Hospedales, chairman of Jabloteh said the club was still hopeful of holding onto the services of coach Fenwick but preferred not to comment on the latest twist which has seen the matter reaching the courts.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick mulls court action against Jabloteh.
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »
i hope he can stay in T&T

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »
Jack bury the hatchet and do whats best for the Game, give the man a job... :devil:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »
Jack bury the hatchet and do whats best for the Game, give the man a job... :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2009, 01:53:10 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Cosign

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »
i hope he can stay in T&T

i hope so too.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fenwick back as coach of struggling Jabloteh.
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2009, 08:11:53 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday).

Former England international footballer Terry Fenwick has been returned as coach of struggling San Juan Jabloteh who are campaigning in the TT Pro League.

Newsday has been reliably informed that Fenwick has been recalled after making his exit from the team following the financial problems of the CL Financial conglomerate which was owned by Lawrence Duprey earlier this year.

The former England defender gained notoriety when he was dribbled-past by Argentinian midfielder Diego Maradona during the “Hand of God” goal 1986 World Cup in Mexico.

It is understood that he was considering taking legal action after the club was unable to pay salaries to players and coaches. Fenwick’s contract expired at the end of 2010 and Fenwick was reportedly owed millions.

CL Financial reportedly supplied the club with a whopping $350,000 monthly before the collapse. The club which comprises numerous youth teams, a reserve league team, Superleague team, TT Pro League team as well as a netball team were all funded by Clico.

According to the source Fenwick received a monthly salary of well over $100,000 which included bonuses and other perks.

Contacted also Travis Mulraine, the team’s assistant coach confirmed that his staff received letters informing them of Fenwick’s return to the club for the rest of the season and the following year.

His return means that Mulraine’s position as well as that of team coach Earl Jean, a recruit from W Connection, could be in jeopardy. San Juan Jabloteh struggled to win any title this year and in the Toyota Cup final they were clobbered 4-0 by Joe Public earlier this month.

Quizzed about the team’s performances this year Mulraine said he was relatively satisfied with the performances, considering the exodus of players that resulted from the collapse. Mulraine, a former national midfielder and captain hinted that the spate of poor performances stemmed from indiscipline within the camp.

Mulraine who also missed out on an international contract during his playing days with the Joe Public Football Club in the 1990s said the indiscipline within the camp interrupted their programme this year.

He lashed out at local players for their lack of commitment which has been providing them with their bread and butter daily. He is now aiming to gets his FA “A” Licence next year.

Mulraine has expressed an interest in coaching at the national level and yesterday he noted that if that does not happen, he will explore his options in coaching abroad saying local players are not ready to take on seriousness of professional football.

In the meantime however, Mulraine is awaiting interests from local clubs in the TT Pro League.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick back as coach of struggling Jabloteh.
« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2009, 08:17:03 AM »
OKKKKKKKKK

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2009, 08:37:31 AM »
Well good move, Fenwick will surely bring back some disciplined, something every player in the pro league lacks, especially the T&T players, they lazy and only care about the money, they don't like to work hard or earn it.

Hopefully Jabloteh will recover in time for the next concacaf cup.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2009, 08:55:30 AM »
Glad he back in the picture.

Next national senior team coach?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2009, 09:01:04 AM »
Glad he back in the picture.

Next national senior team coach?

Right after Shaka replace Camps

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2009, 09:14:37 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday).

CL Financial reportedly supplied the club with a whopping $350,000 monthly before the collapse. The club which comprises numerous youth teams, a reserve league team, Superleague team, TT Pro League team as well as a netball team were all funded by Clico.

wha he up to what is  350000 a month  4.2 million  if is 12 months or say 3.2 for 9 mths the season ... may be think a club does run on air !!! ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »
Much needed..these Johnny-come-lately coaches not cutting it.  That is the problem:  they don't have great playing pedigree, just getting into local coaching, and are being plunged into the deep from the get go.  Mulraine is better off going abroad and learning the trade.  Ain't got much to learn from back home; the bunch is spoiled,  if you ask me.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2009, 02:02:12 PM »
This article, full of errors, grammatical and factual.

Fenwick wasn't dribbled in the Hand of God goal, he was dribbled in the Goal of the century.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>