April 28, 2024, 07:37:51 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 230306 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick back as coach of struggling Jabloteh.
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
This article, full of errors, grammatical and factual.

Fenwick wasn't dribbled in the Hand of God goal, he was dribbled in the Goal of the century.

I did not know when 2010 came and went.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
This article, full of errors, grammatical and factual.

Fenwick wasn't dribbled in the Hand of God goal, he was dribbled in the Goal of the century.

I did not know when 2010 came and went.

Check yuh Mayan calendar, 2010 gone looonnnggg time
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2009, 06:21:39 AM »
Fenwick back as coach of struggling Jabloteh.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2009, 07:24:02 AM »
Earl Jean is a good guy and I believe the players never respected him and he didn't stamp his authority and that was one of the reason Jabloteh did so bad, another is he lacks experience at concacaf level as a coach, but I hope he does not give up and go on to some other pro league team and carry his experience with him.

I met him a few times and he is a very nice fella.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »
Jean out, Fenwick back in at Jabloteh
Monday, November 30th 2009

Trinidad and Tobago Pro League outfit San Juan Jabloteh have sacked Earl Jean and fellow members of his coaching staff from their positions.

The move ushers the return of former coach Terry Fenwick for the third time following legal turmoil with the club, and a season in which Jabloteh have so far been empty-handed.

’I have been around football in T&T over the last year keeping my eyes on players in the Pro League and even in the Secondary Schools Football League,’ said Fenwick.

Jean came to the position at the start of the season, when the CLICO Group - Jabloteh’s main sponsors - ran into financial difficulty, and the club could no longer afford to pay Fenwick’s fees.

Under the St. Lucian’s guidance, Jabloteh started the season with a third place finish in the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship, and qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League, where they eventually reached the group stages, but failed to win a single match.

On the home front, Jabloteh failed to recapture any of the three trophies they had won under Fenwick from the previous season.

But Fenwick believes he can put things back together again for next season.

I’m now looking forward to taking the club back to the top of local football,’ said the ex-England international.

’I am looking to recruit some young quality players from the school system, and add some players from other clubs who will be out of contract.’

:thinking: :thinking: :waiting: :waiting:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2009, 08:32:01 AM »

Right after Shaka replace Camps
[/quote]

IT would be nice to see this happen but very unlikely anytime soon. Having only recently started his new career it's unlikely that he will drop it, uproot his family and move back to trinidad any time soon. Now him being a special advisor to who ever T&T can find to replace Camps sounds very possible.

I do fully support the Shaka Hislop for TTFF President.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »

IT would be nice to see this happen but very unlikely anytime soon. Having only recently started his new career it's unlikely that he will drop it, uproot his family and move back to trinidad any time soon. Now him being a special advisor to who ever T&T can find to replace Camps sounds very possible.

[/quote]

Godfather, I am going to assume you're fairly new...seeing your 20 posts...so word of advice...look out for the sarcasm, otherwise dem fellas going to introduce you to the now infamous Davy Jenny Award.

On a another note, Travis just reaping what he sow when he was a player.  There was hardly a more indisciplined player...passionate about his game, but lacking discipline nevertheless.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »
And once again he misses out on a Champions League tournament...and I don't think Jabloteh qualify for next year, or have they?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »
And once again he misses out on a Champions League tournament...and I don't think Jabloteh qualify for next year, or have they?

Yes, both Jabloteh and Joe Public qualified for the concacaf cup group stages, I THINK the caribbean cup will not be played this time because of the 2010 WC and both teams will go directly into the group stages ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »

Godfather, I am going to assume you're fairly new...seeing your 20 posts...so word of advice...look out for the sarcasm, otherwise dem fellas going to introduce you to the now infamous Davy Jenny Award.

[/quote]

Help d brudder out.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »
So it appears that Jabloteh has money now????????????????????????? Who is their sponsor??? Blink. Who owns Blink?????

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2009, 04:15:47 PM »
well said Sam
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »
Quizzed about the team’s performances this year Mulraine said he was relatively satisfied with the performances, considering the exodus of players that resulted from the collapse. Mulraine, a former national midfielder and captain hinted that the spate of poor performances stemmed from indiscipline within the camp.

Mulraine who also missed out on an international contract during his playing days with the Joe Public Football Club in the 1990s said the indiscipline within the camp interrupted their programme this year.
He lashed out at local players for their lack of commitment which has been providing them with their bread and butter daily. He is now aiming to gets his FA “A” Licence next year.

Mulraine has expressed an interest in coaching at the national level and yesterday he noted that if that does not happen, he will explore his options in coaching abroad saying local players are not ready to take on seriousness of professional football.
In the meantime however, Mulraine is awaiting interests from local clubs in the TT Pro League.

Buh ent he was jes recently a local player?

Ah wonder what it is did cause he to miss out on de international professional contract?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2009, 09:46:01 PM »

On a another note, Travis just reaping what he sow when he was a player.  There was hardly a more indisciplined player...passionate about his game, but lacking discipline nevertheless.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up but wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Being new I guess I got the quoting thing wrong so it might have seemed like I was mocking the previous writer.
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »
What is amazing is, foreign coaches (most, except for Petrotrin..  8)) could get the best out of our players/teams (T&T [Beenhakker] & Jabloteh [Fenwick]) and the locals are always complaining.

I personally feel the problem stems from the top, the players are only as good as their coach or admin. Lets see what Fenwick will do with his limited budget.

Terry Fenwick took a long time to build a solid young team and when he left everything fell apart. Not that Earl Jean is a bad coach, but maybe he was a bit soft and the players took advantage off that... (???) .. I would have loved to see Jean stay on as Fenwick assistant.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:33:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Thanks for the heads up but wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Being new I guess I got the quoting thing wrong so it might have seemed like I was mocking the previous writer.
Thanks for the heads up.
[/quote]

Look like yuh get it wrong again  :devil:

Doh worry yuh go learn it. OJT

But as for Fenwick. Jabloteh make ah good move because they need to make a better presentation of themselves in the Champions League and the indiscipline that was obviously the main problem had to be corrected. They have some decent players who need direction on and off the field

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »
If our local coaches are that bad, then how come the JP(gulp) coach has them in top form and they are on the verge of winning everything. Although I think connection going to win the FA.  An look how Mau-Pau playing under Mcomie.

I think it was and is all about money. JP and Mau Pau are well financed. The entire Jab. team get real shocked when Clico took a dive and Fenwick heself bailed out. It must have had an effect the dynamics of the team. But now all of a sudden Fenwick is back and everything with Jab go be alright. Money talks. Fenwick got what is owed to him and the team probably got a new godfather. Probably not as rich as Duprey, but have substantial money to cushion their fall.

Also what about Fevrier. This man in TT so long, I almost sure he has his citizenship. I do count him as a local also.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2009, 05:29:26 AM »
Jabloteh start youth sessions.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Terry Fenwick will have his first major task, in his new stint as San Juan Jabloteh coach, when he oversees the screening sessions for club’s Under-14 and Under-16 teams.

The screening sessions will be staged at the Aranguez Savannah.

Today, the Under-14 team sessions will begin, with additional trials scheduled for tomorrow and December 12.

Persons will have to be born on or after January 1 1996 in order to gain selection for the Under-14 squad.

The Under-16 sessions will take place on December 12, 13 and 19, with interested players required to be born on or after January 1 1994. All the days’ sessions will start at 9 am and conclude at noon.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2009, 06:31:29 AM »
Jabloteh start youth sessions.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Terry Fenwick will have his first major task, in his new stint as San Juan Jabloteh coach, when he oversees the screening sessions for club’s Under-14 and Under-16 teams.

The screening sessions will be staged at the Aranguez Savannah.

Today, the Under-14 team sessions will begin, with additional trials scheduled for tomorrow and December 12.

Persons will have to be born on or after January 1 1996 in order to gain selection for the Under-14 squad.

The Under-16 sessions will take place on December 12, 13 and 19, with interested players required to be born on or after January 1 1994. All the days’ sessions will start at 9 am and conclude at noon.

back to work so soon terry
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2009, 06:41:01 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NCnJ2CoR5ig" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NCnJ2CoR5ig</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
Terry talk like a real boss they !!!!

Happy to see him back. But the real test is the concacaf cup, hopefully he will get the team back to top standard.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick disturbed over direction of T&T national football
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »
Fenwick disturbed over direction of T&T national football. 
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

"We score in added-on time to draw against Grenada and applaud this as a good result," questioned San Juan Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick this week.

"No disrespect intended to Grenada, but there is something fundamentally wrong if that is the extent of our (T&T) International ambitions,” the former England international added.

Fenwick was commenting on the recent 1-1 draw by the Trinidad and Tobago U-23s against Grenada’s National Men’s Senior Team on Saturday night in Grenada in which a couple of his club players were involved.

The team was captained by Jabloteh defender Robert Primus who was praised by U-23 coach Zoran Vranes for his performances as captain and central defender.

However T&T needed an extra time item by recently signed Caledonia AIA defender Daniel Cyrus after Grenada held a 1-0 advantage from the 25th minute through Marcus Julien.

"Grenada has no professional League and would struggle to put two teams together. I must be going mad because I would have seen the result as disappointing,” continued Fenwick.

"There can be no comparison between Grenada and Trinidad & Tobago! Yes they may have produced one or two players that have secured contracts abroad but the extent of our development program and the dollars that have been squandered over recent years on twice weekly training sessions, overseas tours, the countless friendly games but we are still seeing Grenada as competition. Please! do me a favor, get real!"

Following the match, according to a TTFF press release Vranes said, "We scored very late but I am very satisfied with my team’s performance against Grenada’s Senior Team which is preparing for the Digicel Cup later this year.

"We dominated the game for very long periods but they got the first goal and they were very determined not to give up anything. We missed a few good opportunities but I’m not worried over our performance from this game because we had them under pressure for long periods in this match," he added.

Meantime Fenwick preparing CLICO Jabloteh for the upcoming 2010 season said in terms of developing players at international level, it’s poor!

He made reference to both the T&T U-23 (preparing for the CAC Games and upcoming Olympic) and Senior Teams adding, "I’ve been to most National training sessions and the sessions are not relevant to football.

"Yes the sessions look pretty to the untrained eye but to the onlooking professional, the sessions lack structure, progression and objective."

Fenwick further explained that he will withdraw his players from National teams training until the season 2010 TT Pro League season has commenced.

"I know only too well that my players attending twice weekly sessions will be dropped like hot potatoes when overseas players return for competitive games," said the three-time League winning coach. "Why should I subject my players to that disappointment in their young careers?

"I’m withdrawing my players until the season has commenced. Its pertinent that we get our team (Jabloteh) right for the start of the season [which includes Caribbean Football Union club championship],” Contrary to the National coaches, I see every training session as vitally important to the principles of play and winning habits, he said.

Robert Primus, Sheldon Bateau, Jason Joseph, Sheldon Clark and Jerrol Britto are with the U-23s on Tuesdays while Bateau, Primus also joins Ataullah Guerra and Jason Marcano with the T&T Seniors on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

They will all miss national team sessions this week and next week under the directive of Fenwick who believes they are not learning or extending themselves.

Fenwick said there is also concern in the Senior team coaching setup.

"My players are involved in National sessions at several different levels and its my job to oversea their overall development as players. We are delighted with our players' selection at National level but we have been disappointed with the content of sessions.

When players are selected for national teams we must appreciate they have skill sets and national training should be about converting those skill sets into winning teams. And I don't see that happening.

"We have to understand that the TTFF deliberated very long before announcing "No Change!" and Russell (Latapy) continued as head coach. Most will see National football since 2006 WC qualification as a huge failure, and yet we see the same old people in their comfortable positions calling the shots all over again.

The TTFF will reduce their argument to lack of funding but we see the same inexperienced back room management continuing where they have failed before.

"The TTFF is not doing their bit in providing professional and competent support for Russell as National coach. So we are not giving him a chance. We recently saw Marvin Faustin, nice guy, recruited as assistant coach but now we have not one, but two very inexperienced coaches with no real program going forward.

"My comments are not meant to offend but merely extend an opinion on a professional basis. When it all turns sour for Russell, the TTFF will undoubtedly turn to Dwight as the next step. Only when these two National hero's have ruined their coaching careers will the TTFF look further than the end of their noses.

I think it is very unfair on both Russell and Dwight to be exposed in this way. I believe Russell is doing the job for all the right reasons but is ill equipped to succeed.

"I think we should be doing much better than we are at every level...unfortunately inexperience and lack of competence at management level will have us fall short in meaningful competitions." ended the Jabloteh coach.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:14:39 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick disturbed over direction of T&T national football
« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »
The more i hear of this man, the more I feel like this man should be involved in our national team program.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
lord fenwick calm down man

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
well we'll see Jabloteh this rounds.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2010, 03:23:04 PM »
Kick dem in de bollocksTel,let them know that changes needs to happen.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »
 :applause:  wow!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2010, 04:20:10 PM »
man damn right..Players celebrated after the match like it was a win.
I have played against the teams that have most of the national players here and we have beaten or drawn all of them with our university team that only trains once a week. PLus the grenada national team only trained for 5 days before this match! They did not even have a proper coach before that!
I don't care how much trouble Grenada has given in recent history, there is no excuse to not beat that side that was in the stadium on the weekend
Back in Trini...

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »
The more i hear of this man, the more I feel like this man should be involved in our national team program.
AGREE 100%... UNfortunately, it's precisely BECAUSE of his outspokeness that he would NEVER get a National Coaching position under the current regime... but maybe one day down the road we may get our wish...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
That might be the worst thing to ever happen to him.

If his results ain't anything above mediocre, the backlash (even from this very forum) would be very nasty.

1]; } ?>