March 29, 2024, 07:45:14 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226203 times)

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick badtalking us in the UK press
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 09:50:26 AM »
Personally, I think the guy is being brutally honest, and his comments are nothing compared to the comments you hear from US/European/British press. For those of you who get Eurosport, allyuh hear their comments??

"Czech Rep are 135-1 to win the tournament and real dark horses, Trinidad are just 1000-1 to score a goal!"  Ouch!!! Trini vs Czech

"You'll get long odds for Trinidad to play a 4th game at the world cup"
Trini Vs Czech

"The marking was absolutely dreadful, appawling defending at this level" - Trini Vs Slovenia

"Finally a shot on goal! Good move from T'n'T. You were wondering for a minute why or how they'd qualified"  Trini vs Slovenia

"England would have no problems against this team, nothing for Sven to worry about- BBC full time comments-Trini Vs Wales

So all in all, Fenwick aint "bad talking" we per se, he being honest. And there are far more stinging critisism on Trinidads performances in other press.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »
Although he is telling the truth, this should tell you how "ignorant" he is.  He saying this to the English media and not thinking it will end up on the web or in the trini newspapers?  Regardless of whether he is telling the truth or not, most people would not appeciate what he is saying.

Nonetheless, he mostly right though.

Our players do the same thing in our local papers

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »
  Fenwick eh inTrinidad long enuff to know de difference between...

Trini ole talk

Rumshop talk

Mamaguy

Fatigue

BS

Day dreaming

An de Gladiator.

My sentiments exactly...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 10:58:56 AM »
is this about someone who earns a living by hocking our players to his foriegn connections or someone's critisism of 23 players that have nothing to do with the persumed trinidad mindset. i read about a month ago this same clown bigging up whitley being one of the most girted players he has ever been around, but as it seems the player's mentalty will not bring him profit he now must destroy his charector. foreign coaches bring a needed perspective to our football culture but let's not just wave a white flag on any comments that even with truths in them shows a lack of class. because truth be told the carribean mentality is what it is , like any other culture it has its good and bad but if you are going to make a living in it have some respect for it. not only when it benifits you

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
I only studyin his comments on Whitley's Pompey trial.  Look like Whitley can't handle bein away from home.  That is disappointing if it true.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
I only studyin his comments on Whitley's Pompey trial.  Look like Whitley can't handle bein away from home.  That is disappointing if it true.

Well i wouldnt doubt it. I remember whitley said one reason he couldnt handle ( i cant remember if is a club in portugal or something when he used to play away) was he didnt know the language, and jus wasnt comfortable. I could understand if you missing home but if yuh want to realise yuh potential.....yuh hadda make sacrifices.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Criticizes Beenhakkers Selections----Do You Agree?
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 11:57:24 AM »
  So assuming and given the available soccer pool for TnT, did Beenie do a proper job on selection?

With the talent available I think that he picked the best team. The level of play in the PFL is not of the highest quality.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »

Well i wouldnt doubt it. I remember whitley said one reason he couldnt handle ( i cant remember if is a club in portugal or something when he used to play away) was he didnt know the language, and jus wasnt comfortable. I could understand if you missing home but if yuh want to realise yuh potential.....yuh hadda make sacrifices.

naw he said they did not fix the heat in portugal or sumthing so he was cold for two weeks and he did not hear from his agent.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2006, 12:20:56 PM »
yuh know bigger fish than we (France) went in that pond and did not even score a goal or drink the water. So leh we put things in perspective.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
what i find making it worse is he jus playin up to the Trinidad media...and then tellin the UK press thas what he been doin
d man playin us...and gonna commentate for us?!? nah...i find he hadda lose that wuk one time!

he not suppost to be even coachin in PFL after that madness last yr....
anybody have that clip saved? when he elbowed Goulart?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
sometimes an honest opinion is not what is required at a time like this ;)

I fully agree with you! Everything the man say is true but why this honesty now in truth?! If man & dem home want to believe that T&T will be bringing home the World Cup then let them believe that for flipping sake! Dat is exactly the sort of blind support and loyalty we team need right now to inspire them to their best possible performance! In fact I want all the players to also believe we can bring home the World Cup and even Beenie we coach despite what he said the other day expressing his view that T&T will not win the World Cup in an effort to give T&T fans back home a dose of reality.

The bit of the article that had me cracking up the most was the bit that said this:

Fenwick worries that, after so much pre-World Cup hype, the country could be facing a big let-down. "You turn the radio on and hear people saying that Trinidad and Tobago are going to win the World Cup," he said. "Whereas in England we would celebrate on the night of qualification and we might have a hangover the next morning, they haven't stopped partying since they qualified back in November.

"Even the carnival here, which is huge, is all of a sudden being linked with football and the carnival costumes have got footballs all over them. It's all gone really overboard."
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

I real love meh Trini people yes! :-* We are definitely the best partyers in the World!
If only the World Cup was based on who could party better than who we will definitely be bringing home the cup but that besides the point!! This is not the time for too much honestly in my opinion as a die-hard T&T football supporter! This is the time for blind support & loyalty so yes I too say T&T has a chance like any of the other top teams of winning the damn World Cup yes! ;)

Go Soca Warriors Go, lets bring the World Cup home and steal England's thunder!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 02:06:07 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »
Face reality    he is only saying what a lot of us knows but refuses to believe :rotfl:

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »
foxsports.com

PREDICTION: You don't need a college degree to know that Brazil is favored to win the World Cup.

Still, researchers at the University of Warwick in England have been analyzing soccer games to predict which team will lift the trophy in Germany.

Brazil, obviously, was the top pick with a 13 percent chance to win its sixth World Cup title.

In the group stage, the Ukraine-Tunisia match was the toughest one to call for the computers. England-Trinidad and Tobago was the easiest, giving the English an 83 percent chance to win.

The forecasts were made by analyzing about 4,500 international games, including prior tournaments, qualifiers, and friendlies. The system gave more weight to recent games.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2006, 01:32:07 PM »
Sports is afunny thing ; yes there are predictable factors. But if we know hat the score is ahaed of time, why play the flipping games? why  create all this  ruchion and all the qualifiers just to get to this  level?

People does forget the human factor the unpredictable the unknown; Man if I went scientifc  all the time, Brazil would win every world Cup; France would have scored whole heap ah goals last world cup and I WOULD HAVE HAD WHOLE heap ah wives in every soccer nation.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »
Sports is afunny thing ; yes there are predictable factors. But if we know hat the score is ahaed of time, why play the flipping games? why  create all this  ruchion and all the qualifiers just to get to this  level?

People does forget the human factor the unpredictable the unknown; Man if I went scientifc  all the time, Brazil would win every world Cup; France would have scored whole heap ah goals last world cup and I WOULD HAVE HAD WHOLE heap ah wives in every soccer nation.

calm down Alberta..doh raise yuh blood pressure...it was a just a post to show what ppl (especially fenwick) think based on past performances...we all know the game is not played on paper.

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »
I aint listening to Fenwick -- Now its clear why he is a club manager and Beenie the National Manager

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »
I doh see anything wrong with Whitley missing home or not liking the scene away (even if it was 2 days). I living in the US for a couple years now and I doh really like it. The weather alone is enough to drive a man mad. The man is 27.. steupse. Is not like he went to school at 17/18 and had chance to acclimatise to his new surroundings. I missing home everyday. I missing my family. This away scene is not made for everybody. Home is where the heart is....allyuh should respect the man for being honest with himself.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2006, 06:29:20 PM »
I doh see anything wrong with Whitley missing home or not liking the scene away (even if it was 2 days). I living in the US for a couple years now and I doh really like it. The weather alone is enough to drive a man mad. The man is 27.. steupse. Is not like he went to school at 17/18 and had chance to acclimatise to his new surroundings. I missing home everyday. I missing my family. This away scene is not made for everybody. Home is where the heart is....allyuh should respect the man for being honest with himself.

I totally agree buh say wah i hope players like him n cornell get ah chance to play in europe after de world cup
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »
 Terry Fenwick was totally honest. I don't find he bad talking anything. He is also right about our better players looking for contracts in lower leagues and going for scholarships in the US. He was spot on for my part. We don't have a good structure. I agree. Do we have talent? Yes plenty of it. Also he was right about players' mentality. Although I doubt Aurtis Whitley will choke at the World Cup. I know he will do good. I think it was a problem of Whitley going there and not being welcomed as he would have liked. For example other players playing him extra rough or not passing the ball ...or things along those lines...Our players not trained to say you know what "Allyuh have to kill me for this spot yes"...Andre Toussaint went on trial and came back and said the players didn't pass the ball and played for themselves...To tell the truth I don't give players wrong for not wanting to go through those things. If I was them I would probably do the same thing....Go T&T

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2006, 03:15:59 AM »
I understand How Autis Whitley may have felt coming to Portsmouth. I am 25 and been living in London for 15 years. But Trinidad is still fresh in my mind. London on the best days can be very depressing, so Portsmouth would be even worst! And yes, when you come from sunshine, smiles and happy people, to come to this cold, labourous and depressing place it can make you feel home sick easily. I still feel homesick! But still, Europe is where the money and the best prospects of development in football is. So our local boys have to learn to make a compromise in order to further themselves. I dont like England, but I taking what I can get to further myself so I when I leave, I can come back and further Trinidad. I learned to be tough here, and how to play the system in order to survive. Yorke and all the British based players had to do the same ting. The guys back home have to think very long and hard, because it not easy here. Plus you're Black! So that makes it 1000 times harder. I really wish the MLS would get better in terms of quality. Or better still, the Caribbean invest money and start a proper professional championship involving 2-3  clubs from each island. Pay the guys well, get good foreign coaches to lay the foundation, get plenty of corporate backing, and plenty TV coverage to make it work. So our guys (Caribbean) can play football at a good level, without having to leave for Europe. Europe is not always the best option. Even Pele wants Brazillian players to come back and play in Brazil one day when de Brazil FA sort out themselves. European leagues have to much say and power because of the money they have. Hopefully we can get a league in our neck of the woods to rival Europe and give a good alternative to Concacaf footballers.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2006, 03:46:42 AM »
I understand How Autis Whitley may have felt coming to Portsmouth. I am 25 and been living in London for 15 years. But Trinidad is still fresh in my mind. London on the best days can be very depressing, so Portsmouth would be even worst! And yes, when you come from sunshine, smiles and happy people, to come to this cold, labourous and depressing place it can make you feel home sick easily. I still feel homesick! But still, Europe is where the money and the best prospects of development in football is. So our local boys have to learn to make a compromise in order to further themselves. I dont like England, but I taking what I can get to further myself so I when I leave, I can come back and further Trinidad. I learned to be tough here, and how to play the system in order to survive. Yorke and all the British based players had to do the same ting. The guys back home have to think very long and hard, because it not easy here. Plus you're Black! So that makes it 1000 times harder. I really wish the MLS would get better in terms of quality. Or better still, the Caribbean invest money and start a proper professional championship involving 2-3  clubs from each island. Pay the guys well, get good foreign coaches to lay the foundation, get plenty of corporate backing, and plenty TV coverage to make it work. So our guys (Caribbean) can play football at a good level, without having to leave for Europe. Europe is not always the best option. Even Pele wants Brazillian players to come back and play in Brazil one day when de Brazil FA sort out themselves. European leagues have to much say and power because of the money they have. Hopefully we can get a league in our neck of the woods to rival Europe and give a good alternative to Concacaf footballers.

Nice, why don't you just piss off back to Trini now and save us poor English folk forking out any more money on you.

Stupid comments like that don't exactly help the "Balck" cause do they.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2006, 03:58:24 AM »

Nice, why don't you just piss off back to Trini now and save us poor English folk forking out any more money on you.

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!! Unfortunately SOME of you ignorant and clearly unintelligent English folk dont see the big picture. We want to go back and further our countries, cus you wouldnt allow us to further ourselves in your country!

Think before you comment mate!  :rotfl:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2006, 04:09:04 AM »

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!! Unfortunately SOME of you ignorant and clearly unintelligent English folk dont see the big picture. We want to go back and further our countries, cus you wouldnt allow us to further ourselves in your country!

Think before you comment mate!  :rotfl:

by all means, go back and further your own country. but do you not think one of the reasons why cities like london have run down ares is that there are a lot of People who come to London, don't care about the place, run it down, take what they can and then leave?

There are loads of opportunities here for all sorts of people. I can't remember the last time I saw a "White" doctor or Dentist (As an example) if you really feel you can not further yourself here, then I suggest that is more to do with an attitude than a colour.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 04:10:56 AM by Pompey »

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2006, 04:16:51 AM »
by all means, go back further your own country. but do you not think oneofhte reasons why cities like london have run down ares is that there are a lot of People who come to London, don't care about the place, run it down, take what they can and then leave?

There are loads of opportunities here for all sorts of people. I can't remember the last time I saw a "White" doctor or Dentist (As an example) if youreally feel you can not further yourself here, then I suggest that is more to do with an attitude than a colour.

I gonna cut you some slack, cus 1) clearly your a moron! 2) we drifting off the subject.

London aint the way it is because of people who come from abroad, run it down and then leave.! it is the way it is, because of bad government, poor policies towards racial and social integration, and an imbalance in how funding is distributed! - So once angain, you just highlighted to the whole world just how blindly ignorant and down right conceited you are. Stop giving English people a bad name, and keep quiet if you dont have a clue whats going on around you! AND YES, BLACK PEOPLE STRUGGLE. Just ask Dwight when he first came. We have to learn how to play the game, before the game plays us. So it ends here! Unless you talking football, shut the F%*K up!  >:(

Offline sandra

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
where to watch saturdays game in london
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2006, 04:18:31 AM »
Hi can anyone recommend a decent bar in central london with a good atmosphere to watch Trinidad and Tobago's opening world cup game game ?

Thanks
Sandra

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2006, 04:28:33 AM »
What’s wrong, truth hurt? You come out with disrespectful comments against my Country and don’t like it when I bite back?

Of course you have to play the game. Do you think it is any different for an Italian or a Pole coming here? Do you think it is different in France, Germany or the USA? Don’t judge London (Or Portsmouth for that matter) by your own experiences, or think that the grass is greener elsewhere. If it is such a bad place, why is there thousands of people every day trying to move there?

It doesn’t matter what country you are in, anywhere in the world, you only succeed by good luck and hard work. The funny thing with luck though, is that the harder you work the luckier you get.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2006, 04:38:38 AM »
What’s wrong, truth hurt? You come out with disrespectful comments against my Country and don’t like it when I bite back?

Of course you have to play the game. Do you think it is any different for an Italian or a Pole coming here? Do you think it is different in France, Germany or the USA? Don’t judge London (Or Portsmouth for that matter) by your own experiences, or think that the grass is greener elsewhere. If it is such a bad place, why is there thousands of people every day trying to move there?

It doesn’t matter what country you are in, anywhere in the world, you only succeed by good luck and hard work. The funny thing with luck though, is that the harder you work the luckier you get.

You clearly are a moron aren't you??  ???

1) I aint a Pole, or Italian, so why the hell am I gonna speak from their point of view???

2) Trinidad dont have war, or famines.  But other countries do. So the thousands of refugees coming to this country from war torn and famine countries have no choice! And heres a lil phrase for you;  "Colonisation in Reverse"  THINK ABOUT IT.

3)The grass is greener, when official polls state 3/4 of the British popluation want to emigrate abroad. Australia 1st, USA 2nd, CARIBBEAN 3rd. And studies show that the quality of life in London, (and I'm sure Pompey a close second  :rotfl:  ) is lower than anywhere in Western Europe!

I'll pray for a brain for you this xmas! cus clearly you miss placed yours! But then again, when its the size of a rice grain, shit happens!  ;D

Peace my English brotha!  :rotfl:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2006, 04:41:47 AM »

You clearly are a moron aren't you??  ???

1) I aint a Pole, or Italian, so why the hell am I gonna speak from their point of view???

2) Trinidad dont have war, or famines.  But other countries do. So the thousands of refugees coming to this country from war torn and famine countries have no choice! And heres a lil phrase for you;  "Colonisation in Reverse"  THINK ABOUT IT.

3)The grass is greener, when official polls state 3/4 of the British popluation want to emigrate abroad. Australia 1st, USA 2nd, CARIBBEAN 3rd. And studies show that the quality of life in London, (and I'm sure Pompey a close second  :rotfl:  ) is lower than anywhere in Western Europe!

I'll pray for a brain for you this xmas! cus clearly you miss placed yours! But then again, when its the size of a rice grain, shit happens!  ;D

Peace my English brotha!  :rotfl:

we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

London is the best city in the world (but the weather could be better ;D).

If I could spend my weekdays in London and my weekend's at Pigeon Point, I would be the happiest man around. :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2006, 05:41:33 AM »
The man is not only a thug he is a hypocrite. A few weeks ago Whitley was the best thing since slice bread now he was crying to come home during the trial at Portsmith.

So someone please explain to me how anybody has been edified by this statement. How he feel Whitley go feel when he hear or read about that. Great JOBBBBBBBB THUGGGGGGGGGGG sorry I mean coach.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2006, 05:51:51 AM »
I read that article just this morning, it was from the Sunday Times sport section. I was upset and have been upset about the way the media here in the UK have been putting down Trinidad and Tobago. To me whether we do anything in Germany or not, I feel we should be respected for just being there as it took alot of work. I am happy for my team to be in the WC and I am happy when they win or lose although I will like to see them win all the time.
 :angel:

1]; } ?>