June 15, 2024, 04:02:02 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 238268 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who de hell Terry Fenwick think he is?
« Reply #360 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45:47 PM »
steups.........them youths need some more clout in dey arse.

anyhow, jab. won the game buh how come we lost the fight?  ???  >:(
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 20, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Fenwick know who and what he dealing with, and maybe, just maybe that is what them guys respect, however that is grounds for suspension/fine, for Glen Fifa and club, and he, Fenwick..If Glen had re-acted any other way - than to take the screw head- he woulda be banned from all football probably for life, beside being brought up on charges...ah see man get suspended by Fenwick for being unprofessional (interacting with he community), what is the charge for abusing one's authority ? Wha see how this play out

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 20, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
Bottom line is Cyrano Glen get de point right??

Allyuh acting like the man get cuff down, what i saw was a half calpet, half push head.. A small rough up in the big picture and nothing out of the ordinary coach player relationship imo. If you know anything but what does go on in dressing rooms, players does get choke and push and rough up all the time in the heat of the moment.. Yorke self say when he came to Villa, the coach used to make man walk on his chest to toughen him up, and if u do shit in practice you have to stand in goal with your back turn while men leggo bullet..

What yuh think does happen in the army on a daily basis, yuh think every transgression is a sit down and talk it out and sing kumbaya?

Now as to whether the public was the place for that then i can see that point, but its not something i've never seen happen before.

Funny just about everyone here does say the main problem in our football is discipline yet allyuh in uproar and decrying an act of deserved and meritable tough love.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 20, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
Is de REF fault ..wey he from ???

nah Terry...Nah

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 20, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
After watching it again, the ref did his job in issuing the red cards but it's hard for me to tell who's at fault or why the whole brawl started after the match because it looked like both teams were exchanging words and a River Plate player attacker our keeper, then de shit get out of hand or maybe I'm really blind. I know all about standing up for your players and defending your team but when things goes to the extreme and gun shot firing by police and shit something must be done by our league administration.
Just last August in a college football game, in fact the opening game for Oregon, at the end of the game a player from the other team taunted the Oregon player during an exchange of words. That lead to the Oregon player to retaliate and punch the player, now eventhough the Oregon guy didn't start it he got banned for the entire season my his institution. However he showed remorse, appoliged by stating it wasn't called for and still showed committment by attending practice sessions and going to class. Afterwards they admitted him back on the team to play mid way through the season and he was a senior with high draft potential for the NFL. Now his lack of controlling if temper/emotions might've cost him millions since his stock might've dropped from lack of playing time who knows.
It's hard for me to sit and type about the situation when I wasn't involved in the heat of the moment and I know it is almost impossible to take a jump kick from an opposing player but things escalated to that extreme I still believe the league or Jabloteh have to make a stand and show that they do not tolerate this type of behavior from their players. If the River Plate team have any sort of expectations in regards to conduct from their players, they should do the same!

soccerman,
     with all due respects, there is a code of conduct for all footballers. All players know the code of conduct. I am almost sure jabloteh and most teams in TT have been told to conduct themselves properly on the field, else the they tarnish the names of the club and country. The same goes for PR.

If you were on the field as a player you would you have let the PR players come and punch you and then tell your team-mates "turn the other cheek guys, Terry will get angry if we retialiate. Calma, boriqua, calma!!!".

Each situation is different. So what would have happen if this game was in PR and the same situation occured.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 20, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
Aren't the next round of games to be played in Puerto Rico?

I didn't see the fight start even though I was at the game. What stuck out to me to me was immediately as the whistle was blown to end the game, a Jabloteh player (Karlon Murray I think) pulled his shirt off and lran off the field in the direction of the dressing room. When i heard the uproar and checked out what was happening, the brawl was in progress. I did observe Mr. Murray back on the field running behind some PR players. I wondered what was his role in the fracas. ::) ::) ;D.

I have not seen the clips, but this what I saw.
Live large and prosper!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 20, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Is de REF fault ..wey he from ???

nah Terry...Nah
The refereeing was horrible.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #367 on: April 20, 2010, 04:00:50 PM »
Just saw the vid. Glen was wrong and Fenwick more wrong. Dem PR deserve a fine and suspension.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 20, 2010, 04:18:19 PM »
Dais ah tough one as two wrongs doh make a right.....Glen was an ass to pelt that cuff at dat player however Fenwick in his anger should not have rest that calpet on de man...whatever point he could have made was totally lost.......
Glen reacted with a physical action in a moment of anger. Fenwick (the coach) action was also physical in a moment of anger. How could that be right? Fenwick reaction is no different from Glen's! So all Glen learned is that its ok to react physically when angered. IMHO
2 Brilliant Posts :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:12:05 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 20, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »
my pardna playin wit jabloteh say marvin oliver hit d PR coach wit a magical bootoo. he say it hadda be magical cuz he eh know where it come out from

an dat wasnt no clout da was ah kinda push kinda somtin...i used to get level licks as ah yute...i kno wat clout is
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:07:20 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 20, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »
Westcoast,
                     how this brawl make we look like JA. that is ridiculous. Any other people would have reacted like Jab. JA are not the only Caribbean people who does have a brawl somtimes

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 20, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
Westcoast,
                     how this brawl make we look like JA. that is ridiculous. Any other people would have reacted like Jab. JA are not the only Caribbean people who does have a brawl somtimes
I fixed my earlier quote of MEP post
I was only responding to the Glen and Fenwick interaction......my bad

I agree with you that under the circumstances people blood was boiling and things were not coolin down
It was bad but not unbelievable
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:16:16 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »
small ting.....i more concerned bout d security firing a shot........bullet does have to hit something eh know.......

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »
small ting.....i more concerned bout d security firing a shot........bullet does have to hit something eh know.......

yea he move like jack bauer dey...dem fellas watchin too much tv in troot

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 20, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
Two wrongs doh make a right .... Terry as the coach need to maintain his players discipline as well as his own and respect is something that is earned I doh see his reaction with Glen as a positive thing ..... I guess in a way every man know which tree to climb because if that was Shawn Boney or Reynold Carrington aint no way he was  laying a hand on them... I see youth man get lil rough up from their coach in intercol for some digressions but grown men doh take them kinda thing like that ... I cyah promise that if he had done that to me that I wouldnt have slapped him .....
I couldnt tell who was the instigator of the brawl but them jabloteh fellas look to be more defending themselves than anything else and the truth be told rule or no rule if a man coming at you swinging you have no choice but to defend yourself based on a rule that overides all others ... the rule of self preservation.
As for the shot firing prick ...... the stadium empty as can be  there was no need to fire that shot not like it was some kinda stadium wide riot or anything.
The one common denominator in all these occcurences was commonsense or lack thereof.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »
Consider the fact that Jabloteh won the game and ran the risk of being thrown out of the tournament if they really decided to engage in a full out brawl.

Whether or not it was a concious effort on their part, they probably did the best thing by retreating.

I am more concerned about the team going to PR for the next round. Granted River Plate is out of the competition, if that footage reach PR then they might really have to be careful. Latinos are volatile at best
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »
Consider the fact that Jabloteh won the game and ran the risk of being thrown out of the tournament if they really decided to engage in a full out brawl.

Whether or not it was a concious effort on their part, they probably did the best thing by retreating.

I am more concerned about the team going to PR for the next round. Granted River Plate is out of the competition, if that footage reach PR then they might really have to be careful. Latinos are volatile at best

Yep RP may try to stir up fans resentment. I just hope the boriquas keep a cool head. Remember is Jack playing also.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Yep RP may try to stir up fans resentment. I just hope the boriquas keep a cool head. Remember is Jack playing also.

I doh think it's beyond the pale for the CFU to move the return leg to a neutral site.  Fans will get punished for something not their fault, but the team will be punished even more in the pocket... plus you minimize the chances of fans becoming a part of the "action".

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
Wait nah...

I now watch dis ting.

THAT is what man in here gnashing dey teeth about?! A lil push head? Really?! I say de man get tap up. Steups. Allyuh jokey, oui.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »

I doh think it's beyond the pale for the CFU to move the return leg to a neutral site.  Fans will get punished for something not their fault, but the team will be punished even more in the pocket... plus you minimize the chances of fans becoming a part of the "action".

Bakes,
             you might be right. The power of Jack. He might move the tournament final if he scent any hint of trouble. You know he want JP to play in that Concacaf tournament real bad.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »

Bakes,
             you might be right. The power of Jack. He might move the tournament final if he scent any hint of trouble. You know he want JP to play in that Concacaf tournament real bad.
I would say that a move is fair
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:31 PM »
Allyuh watch the same clips i see? I see Oliver take a baton and beat a man like a snake on the ground. i see jabloteh players running after puerto ricans. Yes the latinos start it, but Jabloteh men was fighting, not running. Is only Oliver was running til he get the baton. And the jabloteh keeper was trying to break it up. other than that, Jabloteh men lookign to get ban just as much as the puerto ricans.

Where fenwick went? he was in the middle of it all when it started then i lose track of him...he was beating his own players again?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »
Allyuh watch the same clips i see? I see Oliver take a baton and beat a man like a snake on the ground. i see jabloteh players running after puerto ricans. Yes the latinos start it, but Jabloteh men was fighting, not running. Is only Oliver was running til he get the baton. And the jabloteh keeper was trying to break it up. other than that, Jabloteh men lookign to get ban just as much as the puerto ricans.

Where fenwick went? he was in the middle of it all when it started then i lose track of him...he was beating his own players again?
You musta seen ah different clip from the one posted here on this site. what i saw was ah bunch of spanish sampart oliver and dealt him ah cuff tuh the head. then he escape dem and started retreating.

it's either you was there live and in living color, or yuh saw ah better clip. glad tuh know he didn't take dat dis, dem spanish byoi deserve tuh get trumped real bad!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2010, 12:58:46 AM »
Some body post ah better clip of the mele nah? that edited version doesn't do the incident no justice ahtall. we... @ least i, want tuh see the whole brawl and not piece of it.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2010, 04:59:14 AM »
Fenwick is not d issue here.....infact Fenwick should buss 2 kick on him as well

D real issue here is d decorum of we players and d lack of respect for the game of football...People will argue that the behaviour exhibited by both teams is normal in Latin American football et al....

D truth is you are seeing for yourself d mentality of we players and that is partly permeated from we culture...pure wildness.....

Why d ass men cant take talk for once ....walk out d pressure....NO WE NEED TO SAVE FACE.....and look d badder man...  D usual bullshit...(yeah saddist you goe take dat mentality)

Some will focus on Fenwick which is a big steups because we are failing to see d BIGGER picture and that being how d players have no BLASTED discipline....and that is what is wrong with alot of we youth...perfect example in this clip

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:10:40 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 21, 2010, 06:51:53 AM »
This reminds me of the "Malace in the Palace". This behavior is highly unacceptable!!!! By Glen, Fenwick and all other players involved. Let's see how serious our league is in putting out and maintaining a professional image and if they really want to be taken seriously by FIFA and other investors. I think Dexter Skeene or who ever is in charge needs to review the tapes and discipline all our players involved including the coach, whether it be fines, suspensions, etc. because this cannot be tolerated no matter who's right or wrong. He need to take a Roger Goodell stance and lay the hammer down because as a fellow Trinidadian, that is embarassing to watch and is a disgrace to the sport. As a professional or even as a sportsman for the matter you have to learn to keep your emotions in check (easier said than done) and let the officials to their job, if they don't file a protest to the committee but that got way out of hand IMO.

Soccerman I totally agree with you and my initial reaction when I read about the brawl was what sort of sanctions would be layed against both teams by the CFU, esp Jab who has progressed in the compeition. However, the first question you have to ask is are there any laws set the in Trinidad Pro league or the CFU to lay sanctions and take the necessary disciplinary actions against teams and players? Are these by laws accesible to the players, coaches, teams if they exist? Is there a code of conduct policy from a team level, league level? Shoot I doubt they even doing random drug testing on players so really it brings about the question how professional is the pro league?

Foolishness like this will continue to occur and go unpunished, hence why, outside of Jack Warner being a FIFA Vice President, FIFA don't respect the Caribbean and Latin American countries in this region. They see us as backward and lacking professional talent...and it all stems from how we are represented on an administration level!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 21, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »
Palos you and whoever fussin bout wha Fenwick do straight up full ah f**kin shit!  Steups, I say he hit de man ah hard calpet or sumting, ah shove in de back ah he neck allyuh gettin on so for.  I see much biiger players in name and physical stature geh worse dan dat.  Allyuh so does incourage dem lil boys jackass indiscipline.  we football could never go no wey if dat was enough (fuh as some man say) to retaliate an hit fenwick ah lash.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »
Some body post ah better clip of the mele nah? that edited version doesn't do the incident no justice ahtall. we... @ least i, want tuh see the whole brawl and not piece of it.

Yeah i now see the clip here, it shorter than the one i see. Thing is, the one I see was on tv6 news. I hope the CFU use the edited version and somebody lose the longer one though cause to me it look like once the police intervened (or security firm or whoever) the puerto ricans kinda step back cause they fraid law enforcement. That's when Jabloteh take over and the camera was switchign to the stands and you were seeing fans rushing on the field and lashing the puerto rican players too. So we gave as good as we got in my opinion.

I really hope the CFU have no standards and just fine the clubs or somethign and doh implement bans. But a man tell me that Jack doh like Fenwick head at all so he looking to do as much damage as possible.

Hopefully he too busy with elections or he let his national pride take over and 'low jabloteh. Then again, with Jabloteh being a threat to Joe Public, that hardly likely.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

AirMan

« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
So where does "being professional" comes in when you are being attacked ??..based on what I have seen, dem fellas was protecting themselves..

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »
Not saying that Fenwick's actions were appropriate and justified. But if this was Bertille St.Clair, would the reactions be the same, or would man jump up and say Bertille is ah great disciplinarian and is dis sort ah treatment dem fellas need.

Does the colour of Fenwick's skin have certain men up in arms and more upset with de incident?

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>