July 27, 2024, 04:03:56 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 248117 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick Applies for Colorado Rapids Job
« Reply #570 on: November 28, 2011, 04:48:40 PM »
Still would love to see him take control of our 'National Team'
Hart for president

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Warrior Call Podcast with special guest Terry Fenwick.
« Reply #571 on: January 18, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

Greetings fans of T&T football,

SocaWarriors.net and the Warrior Nation are pleased to present the third episode of the Warrior Call Podcast entitled “The Fenwick Factor”.  Hosts Dinho, Football Supporter and Tallman are joined in the studio by special guest, former England international and San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick. They discuss the failed Queens Park and Rangers FC merger, youth development, Terry's approach to coaching, Terry's view on T&T football, Anton Corneal's Technical Director appointment and much more. We hope you heed the 'Call' and enjoy it.

Listen here

Listen on itunes
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:18:16 AM by Tallman »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrior Call Podcast with special guest Terry Fenwick.
« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2012, 06:48:39 AM »
Nice work Guys....

Terry is just a boss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:51 AM »
I need to listen to this again when I get home.

Where is Terry now ?

Why is he still in T&T if he is not coaching ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 19, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »
I still eh listen to episode 2 yet far less this one, but I've downloaded them for future listening.  In any event, good job guys!!!  Keep it up!!!   :notworthy: :notworthy:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
I still eh listen to episode 2 yet far less this one, but I've downloaded them for future listening.  In any event, good job guys!!!  Keep it up!!!   :notworthy: :notworthy:

Yuh need tuh listen tuh dis one. Fenwick pulls no punches when talking about Anil Roberts, Anton Corneal, Mike McComie, TTFF, W-Connection and much more. Addresses de issue of Pro League players playing de minor leagues. He talks about how ended up in T&T. We covered a range of topics.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 19, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »

Yuh need tuh listen tuh dis one. Fenwick pulls no punches when talking about Anil Roberts, Anton Corneal, Mike McComie, TTFF, W-Connection and much more. Addresses de issue of Pro League players playing de minor leagues. He talks about how ended up in T&T. We covered a range of topics.

Will do.....yuh wet mih appetite.... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
Terry should push to be Pro League boss !!!!

I will vote for him for sure.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #578 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 19, 2012, 11:34:56 PM »
quality
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:48 AM »
Nice job fellars!!

I strongly believe if Fenwick is given the chance to coach the national team, he will do a fantastic job.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 20, 2012, 02:30:43 AM »
nice job!!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 21, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »
Great job gentlemen. I must admit I cannot disagree with anything that was said. I like TF frank approach and the one thing everyone should understand is that professionalism is a structure & a way of life within that structure.
Terry Fenwick could serve very well as the person to standardize and establish the pro league & league football in general in T&T
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Mourinho gets Fenwick’s nod for El Clásico.
« Reply #583 on: April 20, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »
Mourinho gets Fenwick’s nod for El Clásico.
By: Terry Fenwick (wired868).

Ex-England international Terry Fenwick gives Wired868 the low down

Spain’s finest and two of the world’s most renowned football clubs, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, go head-to-head in this mouth-watering winner-take-all encounter.

To fully appreciate the true value and importance of this championship decider, one must start by identifying the ingredients that have the whole football world on edge in anticipation.

Barcelona is arguably the best team on the planet and it is no overstatement to say that this club has shaped the way the rest of us view the beautiful game and deserves credit for its very brave and disciplined route to the pinnacle of world football.

Ten years of relentless passion and commitment from Barcelona has raised the bar and created its own standard and the rest of the world is now trying to emulate the style and sex appeal the club delivers.

It is an astonishing achievement that has reaped huge success for club and country alike and it is no coincidence that Spain is world champion during this emphatic period of football "Barcelona Style".

Real Madrid, on the other hand, has made no secret of its commitment to buying the best the football world can offer to ensure the Galácticos remain at the top of world football.

With the best players in Real Madrid colours, marketing at the Bernabeu can focus almost exclusively on selling the club's shirts worldwide and this practice of purchasing personnel for big money has now spilled into the realm of management /coaching.

But the question arises about whether Real can continue to raise the funding necessary to attract these top players and coaches. Can they still, it has to be asked, catch the runaway Barcelona train?

Read More

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:51:26 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mourinho gets Fenwick’s nod for El Clásico.
« Reply #584 on: April 21, 2012, 03:26:19 AM »
Nice write up they Lasana.

Terry is ah boss...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Mourinho gets Fenwick’s nod for El Clásico.
« Reply #585 on: April 24, 2012, 05:46:35 AM »
Real evolution by Mourinho's Madrid
By Terry Fenwick (wired868.com)

Some 90,000 Catalans bayed for blood in the Nou Camp; Saturday April 21 was the day they expected Barcelona to put the Real Madrid’s Galácticos to death, a slow, merciless death.

But they reckoned without the special one himself, José Mourinho.

We covered several tactical topics prior to the game on Saturday but, as we reflect on this colossal result for Real Madrid over its arch-rival Barcelona, what comes to the fore is Mourinho’s tactical awareness.

How could Mourinho rally his troops to get a win against the world’s best team, which has consistently buried Real Madrid in the past nine games?

The answer lay in the selection of the players who took the field.  Gone were the players who had so often engineered and created bitter and bad-tempered games between these two giants of world football like Marcelo and Ricardo Carvalho.

In came attacking players, Mezut Özil and Karim Benzema, who were suprisingly resolute in their defensive duties.  Madrid’s key was the admirable work ethic of world-class players renowned for sublime skills and artistic performances rather than workhorse contributions in the trenches with their comrades.

We all saw Xavi throw a mini-tantrum after he was substituted and we recognised that, on the day, it was the Galácticos who kept their cool and looked the more controlled team.

Read More

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fenwick returns to the top flight, joins Central FC.
« Reply #586 on: January 05, 2013, 07:23:58 AM »
Fenwick returns to the top flight, joins Central FC.
ttproleague.com.

Englishman Terry Fenwick has landed the coaching job of five-month old Central FC replacing fellow countryman Graham Rix.

Fenwick, a four-time (Digicel) Pro League Championship winning coach with San Juan Jabloteh, said, "They(Central) are progressive ...and I've probably got the best package in local football."

Central FC Operations Director Kevin Harrison, another Englishman, confirmed the hiring of Fenwick as Technical Director/Head Coach.

"We are delighted to say that Terry Fenwick is Technical Director/Head Coach," said Harrison. "He is with us on a one year contract for now."

Harrison went further to share that Rix, 55, a former Arsenal and England player and former assistant coach at Chealsea, left Trinidad last December. And that there was a mutual parting agreement between Central FC and Rix.

Read More

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick returns to the top flight, joins Central FC.
« Reply #587 on: January 05, 2013, 09:40:08 AM »
Fenwick is back; ex-Jabloteh coach takes over at Central
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

There will be a familiar English accent and piercing whistle at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva this evening as former England World Cup defender and ex-San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick takes up the reigns at Trinidad and Tobago Pro League club Central FC.

Fenwick, who won three Pro League titles and several Cups in seven years and five full seasons with Jabloteh, will led Central out in today’s Couva derby against defending champions DIRECTV W Connection from 6 pm. The game is the first of a double header as Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA tackles North East Stars from 8 pm in an eagerly anticipated rematch.

Stars whipped Caledonia 3-1 in the season opener back on September 14 but the defending Caribbean champions have not lost since and have barely put a foot wrong in the Pro League.

In contrast, Connection and Central have been off the boil and they start today’s contest in fifth and sixth place respectively.

But there would be interest in the return of a fierce competitor in Fenwick, a former Tottenham and Queen’s Park hardman whose outspoken, combative style has not made him a favourite of local referees either.

He replaces another Englishman, former Chelsea assistant coach Graham Rix, who failed to adjust to the local game and was homesick.

Fenwick, who is part-owner of Northern Football Association (NFA) outfit Football Factory, told Wired868.com that he is happy to be back in the domestic top flight.

“I think I should be in this (Pro League) because I’m the best and most qualified coach on the island,” Fenwick told Wired868.

The Sunderland-born coach has agreed terms with Central but has not signed his contract yet and that is unlikely to be done until Monday at the earliest. But he is not the sort to shirk a challenge and was happy to face Connection, despite having held just one training session with his “Sharks.”

“It would have been easy for me to sidestep Connection and step in for Central’s next game,” he said, “which would have been against Shiva Boys in the FA (Trophy). But I have ambitions for Central for the rest of the season and those ambitions can only happen if I get in quickly.”

Fenwick declared his immediate goal was to add discipline and structure to the Sharks.

“They have some gifted players but they lack structure and they can’t defend,” he said. “I will bring that organisation and discipline so that we become tough to beat.

“I will like us to be competitive and have a go at one or two of the Cups. What we do in the League is a bonus.”

Fenwick credited Central managing director and World Cup 2006 “Soca Warrior” Brent Sancho and marketing manager Kevin Harrison in bringing him to the club and praised their work behind the scenes.

“Jabloteh never tried off the field initiatives to make the club bigger than it was,” he said. “But Sancho and Harrison are doing that here and they have a lot of bright ideas and ambition. I’m very pleased with Brent because he stood his ground in a very difficult time for Trinidad and Tobago’s football when the Latapys and Yorkes went missing because they didn’t want to upset Jack Warner.

“Brent has put a team in the Pro League whereas Warner took his own out as soon as the FIFA money stopped. So I’m proud of him for doing that.”

The Sharks won their first two League games but their last triumph in this competition came in October while they conceded eight goals in their last two outings against Defence Force and Caledonia AIA.

Central made several acquisitions this month before agreeing terms with Fenwick as Hector Sam (St Ann’s Rangers), Wesley John (Police), Osei Telesford, Justin Fojo (both Puerto Rico Islanders), Rennie Britto (W Connection), Rundell Winchester and Omari Charles (both Stokely Vale) were already signed.

Winchester scored on his debut last month in a 5-2 loss to Caledonia in which Telesford also featured.

Connection has also struggled in recent times as the “Savonetta Boys” drew with Police and were thrashed 5-1 by Defence Force in December while they were also eliminated by North East Stars in the first round of the TTFF FA Trophy competition.

Connection coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier will no doubt try to rouse his men this evening to dispatch a rookie club led by an old foe.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:20:25 AM by Flex »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 05, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
Good stuff Central, we need all the good coaches we can get. At some point this fella has to be considered for at least a national youth coaching position. Especially now with Jack 'gone'. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:03 AM »
This man should be our national coach.

Good move by Central, they need to be patience though and not hurry to change coaches to much as soon as they loose 3 games they want change.

Fenwick love to build team and is not a quick fix coach.

Central should buy de Cuban striker Marcel.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:17:32 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 05, 2013, 10:19:55 AM »
I still remember that lash he hit the fellah on the side line.  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 05, 2013, 10:34:08 AM »
I still remember that lash he hit the fellah on the side line.  :devil:

I thought it was me alone.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 05, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »
Saw this association coming. Like it!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #593 on: January 05, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
not bad, i wouldn't mind seeing how fenwick and fevrier would do together as coaches of the natl team, we have nothing to lose and we are re-building

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 05, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
Great to see Fenwick with CFC and back in the Pro League! I think CFC will benefit tremendously from having him on board, especially in youth development. I echo the sentiments of those wishing to see him included in our national set up as well. All the best Terry and CFC!!!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #595 on: January 05, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »
I was wondering what keeping this man in TT so long without a job.

CFC is a work in progress and Fenwick is correct he nurtured a lot of talented youths.

I remember the lash on the sideline too.
I also remember that he take SJJ to Scotland and they end up playing no games against a top flight although they were told that the games had been organized.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shahdon hattrick spoils Fenwick's return
« Reply #596 on: January 05, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Shahdon tricks Central FC; W Connection spoils Fenwick's return
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

The Digicel Pro League’s first Couva derby proved to be a one-sided affair as talented 20-year-old striker Shahdon Winchester scored all three goals for DIRECTV W Connection who steamrolled Central FC 3-0 this evening at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

The fixture marked the top flight return of former San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick, after a two-year absence, and there were the trademark whistles and sideline commentary from Central’s new coach while referee Joel Davidson even flashed a red card.

But it was a far cry from the vivid contests between the Jabloteh and Connection teams of the last decade.

Even the dismissal was relatively tame.

Central’s utility player and 2006 World Cup member Anthony Wolfe left his feet to tackle twice in the first 25 minutes and, on both occasions, got at least as much of the opponent as he did the ball.

The tackles looked more exuberant and ill-timed than malicious but referee Joel Davidson followed the letter of the law and the two yellow cards meant the “Sharks” had to play over an hour with a man short.

By then, the pattern had already been established with the Connection players stroking the ball around in their own half while Central camped near the halfway line and pressured with gusto.

Once Central had done the hard bit and wrestled possession away from Connection, its players promptly gave the ball right back to the defending Pro League champions through, primarily, mishit crosses and premature efforts to counter.

Fenwick might argue the final result flattered a Connection team that was often kept at bay over the 90 minutes. But the reality is that only one team showed any quality on the ball and coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier’s men were well rewarded for their patience and execution.

A momentary lapse in concentration in the 32nd minute by the Central midfield allowed Connection to counter through the centre and, although goalkeeper Marvin Phillip saved the first effort from the 18-year-old Neil Benjamin, he could not prevent Winchester from tapping in the rebound.

Two minutes later, Central gifted Connection a second item as 19-year-old central defender Omar Charles played a weak back pass into Winchester’s path and the attacker produced a clever scooped finish.

Charles made his debut today after joining Central from Tobago’s Super League outfit, Stokely Vale, about two weeks ago, and his blunder was reminiscent of Osei Telesford’s nightmarish debut in a 5-2 loss to Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA on 21 December 2013.

Central held its shape and chased and harassed opponents while Connection did its best to keep the ball away from the Sharks. And the second half might have suited both teams as Connection strode confidently towards a three-point haul while Central put in the effort Fenwick would expect from here on.

But then, three minutes into stoppage time, Winchester added further gloss to the score summary by slipping behind the Central defence to collect a Britto pass and then driving in an effort that squirmed under Phillips’ body before rolling home. It was his seventh league goal of the season, which brought him alongside Defence Force striker Devorn Jorsling for the joint highest individual tally at present.

Connection was not about to offer Fenwick any favours; and it did not.

The defending champions moved to third place with the result while Central remained sixth in the eight team table.

(Teams)

W Connection (4-2-1-3): 22.Aquelius Sylvester; 13.Kern Cupid, 5.Elijah Joseph, 4.Daneil Cyrus, 32.Kurt Frederick; 12.Gerrard Williams, 8.Clyde Leon (captain); 14.Hashim Arcia; 65.Neil Benjamin (29.Jomal Williams 75), 40.Shahdon Winchester, 31.Jerrel Britto.

Unused substitutes: 1.Murilo Da Costa, 2.Jelani Grosvenor, 3.Akeem Benjamin, 34.Jabari Mitchell, 37.Akeem Humphrey, 39.Alvin Jones.

Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier

Central FC (4-3-2-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (captain); 16.Carey Harris, 4.Omar Charles, 3.Keion Goodridge, 24.Akeem Adams; 9.Anthony Wolfe, 10.Marvin Oliver, 6.Marc Leslie (15.Sayid Freitas 84); 17.Shaquille Nesbitt, 7.Hayden Tinto (28.Hector Sam 84); 20.Darryl Trim (14.Tyrone Charles 61).

Unused substitutes: 13.Shane Mattis, 18.Cyrano Glen, 19.Adrian Noel, 26.Quincy Charles.

Coach: Terry Fenwick

Referee: Joel Davidson

Digicel Pro League (5 January 2013)

W Connection 3 (Shahdon Winchester 32, 34, 90+), Central FC 0 at Ato Boldon

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:55:19 AM by Flex »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
I was wondering what keeping this man in TT so long without a job.

CFC is a work in progress and Fenwick is correct he nurtured a lot of talented youths.

I remember the lash on the sideline too.
I also remember that he take SJJ to Scotland and they end up playing no games against a top flight although they were told that the games had been organized.

VB

And he sent Kenwyne and some others to trial at Man Utd!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 05, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
This man should be our national coach.

Good move by Central, they need to be patience though and not hurry to change coaches to much as soon as they loose 3 games they want change.

Fenwick love to build team and is not a quick fix coach.

Central should buy de Cuban striker Marcel.

The decision to change coaches was a mutual decision. Terry has a one year contract, but we hope that the association will be much longer. We fully expected to lose games after the delay in being accepted into the Pro League, as many of the players we were recruiting panicked and signed elsewhere. This first season was never about trophies (but, of course, we'd love to win silverware) but about establishing the brand. What we didn't like was weak, ill disciplined performances and Terry will surely correct that! We have a 5 year developmental plan and everything is on target. Although Terry is keen to win matches, he's also excited about the plans for the club.

We've looked into the Cuban fella, but aside from smuggling him out of Cuba, his situation is a bit tricky!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shahdon hattrick spoils Fenwick's return
« Reply #599 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
North East Stars 0 - 1 Caledonia  (Trevin Caesar 38)

1]; } ?>