March 28, 2024, 03:55:46 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226086 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick: Marcano, Oliver can help Warriors.
« Reply #660 on: October 23, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »
Sadly I think that when Hart picks between these two and youngsters about to break on the scene that he'd pick the latter - thinking of 2018 Qualifications (which will make or break his job)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »
Good talk coops.

Cant understand why Oliver wasn't on T&T team a long time ago, now its to late for him to make any impact on that level.

I dont think its because of his hairstyle, because Sancho was there, but who knows.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
Good talk coops.

Cant understand why Oliver wasn't on T&T team a long time ago, now its to late for him to make any impact on that level.

I dont think its because of his hairstyle, because Sancho was there, but who knows.

Marvin was capped once for T&T.
Sometimes it's just bad luck. When Oliver played outside the National coach maybe couldn't afford to bring him back and chose a local? When he played in T&T, maybe the Coach preferred an overseas player like Birchall? It happens.
Steve Bruce won everything as Captain of Man U, but was never capped. Players like (I'm guessing here as I don't remember exactly) Tony Adams, Palister, Martin Keown were selected ahead of Bruce, which is fair enough, but there were also a lot of rubbish centre backs chosen ahead of him.
I'm sure if we saw who was chosen in front of Oliver over the last 20 years, we'd be aghast at some of the names!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
Btw, if Fenwick wants to see crosses landing on Jones forehead then bring back Baptiste to do that and more. The real deal. Hart take note .... unless something is wrong with him healthwise that we need to know.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 24, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
I just hope we leave Fenwick where he is and far from the national team coach. Oliver ?? 38 years old as we speak ? he could not find a more interesting and sensible comment than that ?
Like he still trying to decide if to tackle Maradona ...when de man done gone !

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 24, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
The man has to back his players - he could possibly be vocalising concerns he's seeing or hearing from his own players. Suffice to say they are good players, but probably too late for the national team :(

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 24, 2013, 10:56:06 AM »
Ode to Marvellous Marvin! Un-sung for sure and to me, as smooth as the likes of Hardest and Dawrika! As for flicks and tricks; might even be superior! IMO

Oh and as Jai say, Terry goin Mad but ah like him still.  Is Ballz he does beat dem with!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #667 on: October 24, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
marvin too old... i cant remember the last time i see marcano kick a football, so i can't judge as to whether he should be on the national team, that is a decision steve should make

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 24, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »
Lard! Man was suggesting Fenwick to be the National team coach and this man talking about a 38 year old player when we building for 2018. Thanks TTFF for making a good decision in selecting Hart to coach the National team!

I only hope we can come up with the $ that will assist in building a proper national program, because qualifying for 2018 is no easy task.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 24, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
Lard! Man was suggesting Fenwick to be the National team coach and this man talking about a 38 year old player when we building for 2018. Thanks TTFF for making a good decision in selecting Hart to coach the National team!

I only hope we can come up with the $ that will assist in building a proper national program, because qualifying for 2018 is no easy task.

His comments are by no means an indictment of his ability to coach a national team.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 24, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »

His comments are by no means an indictment of his ability to coach a national team.
Oh yeah...do you know the coach pick his players, so how will a 38 year old that can hardly keep up at the international level help him as a coach.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 24, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »
Oh yeah...do you know the coach pick his players, so how will a 38 year old that can hardly keep up at the international level help him as a coach.

Your first assumption is that Fenwick would pick, let alone field Marvin Oliver in a competitive international game.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 24, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »
Top Pro League goalscorers and goals:

1. Kerry Baptiste ................... 5
2. Rundell Winchester .............. 4
3. Kurt Frederick ..................... 3
4. Rennie Britto ....................... 3
5. Clevon McFee ...................... 3
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick quits Central: English coach poised to join Belgium club
« Reply #673 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »
Fenwick quits Central: English coach poised to join Belgium club
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Just hours after Central FC booked its place in the 2015 CONCACAF Champions League qualifying phase, the Digicel Pro League club is set to reveal that its head coach, Terry Fenwick, will not take the “Couva Sharks” into the regional competition.

Instead, the 54-year-old Fenwick revealed today that he has agreed terms with Belgium lower division club, CS Visé, and should be unveiled by the European team next week.

“It is a three year deal,” Fenwick told Wired868. “The bones of it have been thrashed out basically but we put pen to paper by this weekend. Then, I go over there to meet the press first thing next week.”

His sudden departure ends a whirlwind 16-month spell at Central where he took the Sharks from the bottom half of the table to second place and title contenders. During that time, Central lifted the 2013 First Citizens Cup and 2014 Lucozade Sport Goal Shield and was twice a beaten finalist in the TTFA FA Trophy competition.

Central managing director Brent Sancho confirmed that Fenwick will remain in charge for Friday’s Digicel Pro Bowl semi-final against bitter Couva rival, DIRECTV W Connection, at the Ato Boldon Stadium. He has vowed to temporarily return from Belgium too if the Sharks advance to the Pro Bowl final.

Sancho, who once played under Fenwick at San Juan Jabloteh, said Central was sad to see him go but was thrilled with the work he did there.

“Terry has done a terrific job for us,” Sancho told Wired868. “He is definitely part of the Central FC family and we wish him all the best on his future endeavours… We had a long chat today and have already talked about how he can assist us in the future.”

The two parties confirmed that they are open to moving players from Central to Visé while Fenwick insisted the door was open to talent from other local teams as well. At present, Trinidad and Tobago already has two internationals in the Belgium top flight, Khaleem Hyland and Sheldon Bateau, and both played under the Englishman at Jabloteh.

Fenwick suggested that his knowledge of Hyland and Bateau’s characteristics allows him to gauge the quality necessary for success in Belgium.

“It is a possible shop window and I would want to forge as many relationships with Trinidad and Tobago teams as possible,” said Fenwick. “I know the players too well here and sometimes their confidence and character can be brittle. Sometimes the change of climate and culture can seriously affect their ability to perform when they travel.

“But, with me there, now they know what to expect on the other end.”

The Visé website has already revealed Fenwick’s impending arrival while the club is also set to announce its new owners next week.

As a player, Fenwick represented England at the 1986 World Cup and captained Tottenham and Crystal Palace. His record as a manager in Europe is mixed, though.

He spent three seasons at then Division One club, Portsmouth, between 1995 and 1998 and, in his second full season, came within one place of a play-off spot for the Premier League. However, Fenwick was sacked the following season with “Pompey” at the bottom of Division One and the fans in revolt.

His second stint came at Northampton in 2003 and the club got a new owner, David Cardoza, within two weeks of Fenwick’s arrival. The coach lasted just six weeks and seven winless games in total before he became the second of four sackings by the club in a tumultuous 10-month spell.

“I had a terrible period (at Northampton),” said Fenwick. “There was a transfer embargo when I got there and certain things were not made clear to me about the job beforehand. Then, within two weeks of me taking over, the club changed hands and the Cardozas took over.”

There is some uncertainty at Visé too. The club finished bottom of the First Division this season and is due to be relegated. But there is the possibility that the promoted teams would not meet the financial requirements necessary to take his new employer’s place.

Regardless, Fenwick is happy with his job description and excited by the new challenge.

“It is a club with wonderful facilities and ambitious owners who want to be a development club that sends players on to the big leagues,” he said. “And I have a good history of developing players in Trinidad…

“They have been bottom of the league and well adrift for quite some time; so I am looking to bring pride and passion back to their set-up.”

Fenwick, who married CTV corporate lawyer and Trinidadian Reyna Fenwick née Kowlessar in January 2014, vowed to return to Trinidad to retire eventually. He credited his work at Jabloteh, where he won three league titles, for lifting the standard of professionalism in the local game and helping to develop dozens of players for international service.

Five of the “Soca Warriors” who played in Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup debut against Sweden in 2006—Aurtis Whitley, Cornell Glen, Cyd Gray, Brent Sancho and Collin Samuel—represented Jabloteh under Fenwick.

The combative Englishman often courted controversy in Trinidad too with his criticism of referees, local administrators and rival teams; as well as his infamous altercation with former Connection playmaker Gefferson Goulart. Fenwick was suspended for flattening the Brazilian with a forearm while Goulart was also sanctioned for celebrating in the former’s technical area.

Fenwick admitted that his biggest regret was to have never coached the Trinidad and Tobago national team.

“I would have loved to have had a crack at the national job here,” he said, “and whether it is politics or whatever that was never afforded to me. I’m really disappointed about that.”

Sancho referred to Fenwick as “a true patriot” and suggested that his new posting might be a blessing in disguise for local football.

“He is a true patriot to our country and has gotten a terrific opportunity that will benefit our league,” said Sancho. “We have some tremendous boots to fill but no one is bigger than the club and the club has to move on.”

Central has started drawing up a shortlist for a new coach and hopes to get someone able to help the club grow as an organisation as well as on the field. He mentioned only one possible replacement.

“Stuart Charles,” said Sancho, with a laugh.

The mischievous reference to the Connection coach suggests that the spiky rivalry between the two Couva clubs is unlikely to cool anytime soon.

Editor’s Note:

Digicel Pro Bowl semi-final fixtures on Friday 16 May 2014: Defence Force vs Police, 6 pm, Ato Boldon Stadium; W Connection vs Central FC, 8 pm, Ato Boldon Stadium.

A list of the nine Pro League head coaches and their prior roles with the Trinidad and Tobago national football team:

W Connection: Stuart Charles-Fevrier is a former senior team head coach

Defence Force: Ross Russell is a national youth team coach

Point Fortin Civic: Reynold Carrington is a former national youth team coach

North East Stars: Angus Eve is a former national youth team head coach

Caledonia AIA: Jamaal Shabazz is a former national senior team head coach

St Ann’s Rangers: Anthony Streete is a former national senior team coach

Police: Richard Hood is a former national women’s youth team coach

San Juan Jabloteh: Kevin Jeffrey never coached a national team

Central FC: Terry Fenwick never coached a national team

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:33:44 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick quits Central: English coach poised to join Belgium club
« Reply #674 on: May 14, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »
I thought this day would come after the Champions League. It would have been interesting to see what a Fenwick-coached national team would have amounted to ... Best of success to him. Brought a lot to the local game. Unquestionably.

Choose wisely Sancho ... yuh hadda sustain ah level.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 14, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
http://www.cs-vise.be/editorial/article.php3?id_article=12

as one door closes, another opens...we have 2 contacts in coaches now

even if that division real low, and they come last..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:06:18 PM by maxg »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 14, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »
How about Brian Haynes. Central like bringing players from overseas back, how bout a coach. Haynes won the NASL Coach of the year in 2013.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 14, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »
Where to send resumes?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 14, 2014, 09:58:02 PM »
http://www.cs-vise.be/editorial/article.php3?id_article=12

as one door closes, another opens...we have 2 contacts in coaches now

even if that division real low, and they come last..

I imagine that Terry will sign some decent players (hopefully, Trinis!) and the club will finish at least mid table next season (apparently, they will be remaining in the 2nd Division).

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 14, 2014, 10:00:21 PM »
How about Brian Haynes. Central like bringing players from overseas back, how bout a coach. Haynes won the NASL Coach of the year in 2013.
We have spoken to Brian, but he has just taken a new position.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 14, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
Central does really bowl some googlees, boy!!!! Good Luck ! Mr. Fenwick.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 14, 2014, 10:57:45 PM »
Any links to any of Central full game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 15, 2014, 03:05:07 AM »
Top 10 jailed football stars.

1 Duncan Ferguson: Print Rangers striker served 44 days of a three-month term for assaulting Raith's Jock McStay.

2 Tony Adams: The Arsenal captain was jailed for four months for drink-driving.

3 Peter Storey: Arsenal defender got five years for car theft, counterfeiting and running a brothel.

4 Jermaine Pennant: Was with Birmingham when he was jailed for 90 days for drink-driving while banned.

5 Lee Hughes: The West Brom striker got six years for causing death by dangerous driving.

6 Eric Cantona: The Man Utd star was released after 24 hours of a two-week sentence for assault.

7 Peter Swan: He and Tony Kay of Sheffield Wednesday got four months and bans from the game in a 1964 betting scandal.

8 Joey Barton: Served six months on two separate charges of affray while with Newcastle and Man City.

9 Terry Fenwick: Four months for drink driving while with Leicester.

10 Graham Rix: Twelve months for underage sex and indecent assault.

eveningtimes.co.uk

Central knows how to pick them.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 15, 2014, 03:08:17 AM »
Well if you want to keep up the English tradition you know where I am :p. Shocked, but it's nice to know that the division is being looked at seriously by those abroad. New coach should be interesting to say the least! I'm sure there are some good managers in the Super League or regional leagues who might like a move up.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 15, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »

1 Duncan Ferguson: Print Rangers striker served 44 days of a three-month term for assaulting Raith's Jock McStay.

3 Peter Storey: Arsenal defender got five years for car theft, counterfeiting and running a brothel.

4 Jermaine Pennant: Was with Birmingham when he was jailed for 90 days for drink-driving while banned.

5 Lee Hughes: The West Brom striker got six years for causing death by dangerous driving.

6 Eric Cantona: The Man Utd star was released after 24 hours of a two-week sentence for assault.

7 Peter Swan: He and Tony Kay of Sheffield Wednesday got four months and bans from the game in a 1964 betting scandal.

8 Joey Barton: Served six months on two separate charges of affray while with Newcastle and Man City.

eveningtimes.co.uk

Thanks Jack. It's interesting to note how the UK sends to prison football people who break major laws such as drinking and driving, while T&T gives rewards them according to how big the crimes are. e.g.:  Massive financial irregularities: Ministerial position.
Good system yoyu have here Jack! ???

By the way, will Jack be going to the World Cup?

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 15, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »
Good come back FS lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #686 on: May 15, 2014, 09:52:36 AM »

eveningtimes.co.uk

What exactly is "drink driving."?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #687 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55:49 AM »
Ah see Jack Horner doing prison research.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 15, 2014, 09:59:02 AM »
What exactly is "drink driving."?

DUI...

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 15, 2014, 10:12:31 AM »
Terry read d mark....enough is enough....

sure yuh love d culture but at end of d day....

how much more can u give and not get anything in return....

Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>