March 29, 2024, 05:25:26 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226180 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Fenwick’s back! Feisty Englishman makes shock return to Central FC
« Reply #780 on: March 28, 2015, 02:43:13 AM »
Central FC explain Fenwick for Vranes switch
T&T Newsday Reports.

CENTRAL FC, the Digicel Pro League leaders, surprised the local football community on Wednesday when they announced the return of Terry Fenwick to “the Sharks” as coach.

The Englishman, who led Central FC on an unbeaten 17-match run last season, departed to Belgium in the summer to take charge of CS Vise. However, the Belgian club ran into financial difficulties and Fenwick opted to leave the club and return to Trinidad.

“The club faced several challenges after Director of Youth and Women’s Football, George Romano suffered a stroke,” said Central FC manager Kevin Jeffrey, in a media release issued yesterday. “Naturally, losing George temporarily has left a huge gap to fill. Given his outstanding record of youth development, the board wanted Zoran Vranes to have more input in that area.”

Jeffrey said that it was impossible for Vranes to coach five teams and oversee the clubs plans to develop a youth academy.

“When the board saw that Terry was available, it seemed a perfect fit. Terry knows eighty percent of the players very well, so there would be no transitional period, he’ll hit the ground running.”

Vranes, who built a solid reputation coaching the national Under-17 and Under-20 teams, has had a successful season at Central FC lifting the First Citizens Cup, Rawle Fletcher Cup and Akeem Adams Cup and spending the majority of the season on top of the Pro League.

“Zoran has done a remarkable job at Central this season,” said Jeffrey. “He’s a favourite with the players, staff and supporters and is very much part of the fabric of Central FC. I know that he relishes his new appointment as technical director and will lead the way in developing the next generation of Central FC and national team players. His passion is with developing young players and his temperament and approach suit the role perfectly.”

Meanwhile, the Couva-based club announced the Central FC Chuck E Cheese Easter Camp, in association with the Mayor of Chaguanas Gopaul Boodhan, which will take place at Lange Park from April 7-10. The camp will cater for children between the ages of six and 12.

Registration takes place on Tuesday at 9 am, at a cost of $300 per person.

“We are delighted to partner with Chuck E Cheese and the Mayor of Chaguanas in this camp,” said Jeffrey. “It will see the launch of a weekly Central FC Chuck E Cheese coaching school at Lange Park as well as a free “Soccer Sircus” which will visit areas throughout the Central regions on Saturday afternoons.”

Jeffrey applauded Chuck E Cheese for their support of the camp and coaching school. “We’re expecting Chuck E Cheese to visit the camp in person as well as many of Central FC players, so it will be a lot of fun for the kids.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 28, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
I was looking for Football Supporter to enlighten us as to this development. The  silence is not in keeping with his track record of giving us the inside story and the facts. Or is he in shock? It also raises the question - what is the criteria foe success among our local clubs. Who makes the decision about firing the coach?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 28, 2015, 01:31:36 PM »
I was looking for Football Supporter to enlighten us as to this development. The  silence is not in keeping with his track record of giving us the inside story and the facts. Or is he in shock? It also raises the question - what is the criteria foe success among our local clubs. Who makes the decision about firing the coach?

No coach has been fired. A certain amount of restructuring was required following on from the tragedy that struck George Romano. With 50% of staff travelling overseas for the CCC, changes had to be made.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central and Fenwick part ways; Vranes and Eve among possibile new coaches
« Reply #783 on: June 25, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »
Central and Fenwick part ways; Vranes among possibilities as new coach
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Caribbean and Pro League champions, Central FC, are on the hunt for a new head coach after failing to agree terms with Englishman, Terry Fenwick, who steered the “Couva Sharks” to the 2015 Caribbean Club Championship and Digicel Pro Bowl titles and led the team for their last three Pro League outings, as they wrapped up the domestic crown.

Fenwick joined the Sharks in 2013 and led them to second place and a Caribbean Club Championship spot for the first time before he departed in June 2014 for a brief and disastrous stint with financially-ailing lower league Belgium club, CV Vise.

He replaced his own successor at Central, Serbian Zoran Vranes, in March 2015 and completed their League chase and added two more titles for good measure in as many months.

But the relationship between the two parties looks to have come to an abrupt end once more.

The outspoken coach, who was an England 1986 World Cup player, said he was in negotiations with Central for a new deal over the past month. However, he hinted that the two sides did not see eye-to-eye on the administrative state of the club.

Just after noon today, the Central board informed Fenwick, via email, that he would not receive a new contract.

“I turned an offer down (from Central) 10 days ago and I gave them a ballpark at what i’m looking at,” Fenwick told Wired868. “But the situation is that at a time when the club has had such success and gotten a wonderful draw in the Champions League, there is a lot of disarray behind the scenes…

“It is not just my contract. None of the staff are signed up and most of the players are out of contract.”

Central operations director Kevin Harrison said he was not involved in Fenwick’s contract negotiations but suggested that the matter was a failed contract negotiation.

“(Fenwick) met with the board and I suppose what ever he wanted wasn’t met and he is gone,” said Harrison. “Without a doubt we wanted him to continue but presumably we couldn’t agree to the terms he wanted and that was that.”

Central’s close season featured a near mutiny by its players over bonus payments while nearly half the first team squad and the entire coaching staff is out of contract. And the Sharks will play their first Champions League game in less than two months.

Fenwick expressed frustration with the administrative state of the club.

“There is no understanding at what goes into making a successful team at board level,” he said, “and I am not prepared to continue with no staff and no players while we get closer to what is a huge game for Trinidad and Tobago football (against LA Galaxy).

“I wanted to start pre-season on Monday (June 29) and I would have wanted to be close to a full squad as possible… The club is in no shape or form ready for a CONCACAF draw against Galaxy.”

However, Harrison denied Central was in turmoil and claimed that their post-season sluggishness was a result of the drawn out contract negotiations with Fenwick. He said the Sharks hoped to have a head coach in place before they began signing support staff and players.

“Until the deal with Terry was agreed, we couldn’t agree contracts for coaching staff or players,” said Harrison. “If there is any delay on the part of Central FC, it was because of the delay with Terry. So now we will look for a new coach.”

Harrison, who is also British, said talks have begun with their coaching staff from last season and he suggested that any one from Dale Saunders, Kevin Jeffrey, Marc Leslie, George Romano or Anthony Rougier were fully capable of starting Central’s pre-season training.

He revealed that Central board is likely to talk to its former head coach, Vranes, before interviewing new candidates. At present, Vranes is the Trinidad and Tobago National Under-23 Team head coach although he has not been paid by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFA).

The Serbian was shafted to allow Fenwick to carry the Sharks to glory last season. Harrison did not quite remember that way, though.

“We didn’t replace him, we moved him within the club,” said Harrison. “He did a fantastic job last year and we will be mad not to talk to him. You only have to look at his record last year to see that…

“But for now, I just want to know what his goal for the future is. We clearly cannot have a coach or technical director who is not available for us by the end of July.”

The Under-23 Team will be at the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games in mid-July. And, if they advance from their Caribbean preliminary group, the Warriors face their next round of 2016 Olympic qualifiers in August.

Central FC have never hired a local coach. The club’s first appointment was Englishman Graham Rix who was followed by Fenwick, Vranes and Fenwick again.

Harrison suggested that Fenwick and Vranes could be considered “Trinis” by now but claimed the Sharks have interviewed locals and would not rule out hiring a head coach who was born in Trinidad and Tobago. And that includes this country’s most capped outfield player, Angus Eve, who just left his post at the helm of North East Stars.

Either way, Harrison claimed there was no panic at Central.

“We will sit down with Vranes to see what his situation is and we would not rule out having him as coach, technical director or caretaker,” he said. “There are several coaches who we will look to talk to, although there is no one in mind at the moment. But there is no panic.

“There will be certain staff that we will offer contracts to early next week and they will be able to take over training and get everything nice and stabilised. So when the players come back from the Gold Cup, everything is in place for them.”

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:09:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Vranes is like a hand me down coach...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

What a f00cking yoyo...

Like Fenwick want back he $50,000 a month.

How come Kevin Harrison never involved in anything but involved in everything...  :devil:

Sancho is becoming a real Jack Warner boy.

This will affect their chances in the the CCL.

Anytime a T&T team do good its always some comess coming with it.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:20:40 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
gb8702 ... the gig is yours.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Honestly, I did not see that coming. But I do know Central better be prepared for LA. Or else they will be fried-shark. Seriously, not joking

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How come Kevin Harrison never involved in anything but involved in everything...  :devil:

Yuh see it?! lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html

Yuh see it?! lol

:beermug: :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin harrison  if nobody eh say it.....  i go say it...  yuh  real deceitful,  yuh damn well know whats ip and involve  so doh come wid de nonsense .... who yuh tink yuh fooling!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin harrison  if nobody eh say it.....  i go say it...  yuh  real deceitful,  yuh damn well know whats ip and involve  so doh come wid de nonsense .... who yuh tink yuh fooling!!!

Explain please????

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is this becoming a PNM site?

Why are you not asking the same questions of Daryl Mahabir at North East?

A coach has every right to ask for a salary and a club has every right to work within it's budget.

No business, whether football. manufacturing or services can agree to contracts it cannot fulfill. Terry was contracted until 31st May and did a great job. Central F.C. would have liked to keep him on board. However, the club couldn't meet his terms.

So both parties have to move on.

And all this talk of players our of contract ......Central still have the best squad in T&T and will be adding to it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Case of the club's budget not being in stride with the expectations created by its ambitions and success?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

A most curious comment... how did politics (and the PNM, specifically) reach in this?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Central and Fenwick part ways
T&T Newsday Reports.

CENTRAL FC, the Caribbean and Pro League champions, Central FC are in the market for a new head coach, according to a report appearing on Wired868 on Thursday evening.

The report said the club failed to agree terms with Terry Fenwick, the Englishmen who steered the “Couva Sharks” to the 2015 Caribbean Club Championship and Digicel Pro Bowl titles and led the team for their final three as they wrapped up the domestic (TT Pro League) championship.

“I turned an offer down (from Central) ten days ago and I gave them a ballpark at what I’m looking at,” the report quotes Fenwick.

“But the situation is that at a time when the club has had such success and gotten a wonderful draw in the Champions League, there is a lot of disarray behind the scenes…

“It is not just my contract. None of the staff are signed up and most of the players are out of contract.”

Fenwick was informed by email at noon yesterday that he would not be receiving a contract. It is also rumoured that the entire coaching staff out of contract Fenwick also expressed frustration that preparation has not started for the club’s first Champions League fixture, against the LA Galaxy in less than two months.

“I wanted to start pre-season on Monday (June 29) and I would have wanted to be close to a full squad as possible,” Fenwick told Wired.

“The club is in no shape or form ready for a Concacaf draw against Galaxy.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vranes have to be a dodo to accept that job.

First, he basically made them won the title and Fenwick came in with a few game left and acting like he did all of this.

Vranes was just swept aside as coach and given a TD job with the club. A position that is basically a none factor.

He then took the job to coach T&T Under 23 team while still holding the TD post for Central, a team (U23) that is punished by none other than Central CEO and now Central wants him back.

Why should he be disrespected and then run back but knowing Vranes, he cannot say no, Jack Warner had him the same way. Sancho obviously have the markings of another Warner.

Angus Eve on the other hand is a stubborn guy and will more or less be another Fenwick as once things start running good he will demand more, remember, Fenwick his is mentor.

I do like Kevin Harrision and most of the times I read his post but I find since Sancho became MOS it has taken away from Kevin and now he is a politician's right hand man who is fighting to stay in T&T and is caught in the crossfire, lord alone knows why he would want to stay in a country with so much controversies.

Sancho will bring him down if he doesn't watch himself. He has built a good name with Central and I hope he does not loose it.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:31:59 AM by Errol »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

A most curious comment... how did politics (and the PNM, specifically) reach in this?

I wondering that myself. WDMC? Seems like a common tactic...anything remotely seen to be against anything that associated with the government is automatically PNM. But...this supposed to be a Pro- League team...a private entity... :-\

I really dont understand. Yesterday on the radio Fenwick said that in addition to negotiations (which, apparently preliminary offers were made) he had an issue with the plan for CL preparation. Something like 13 first team players would have been out of contract. Why all this necessary? Really?

I find myself wishing Vranes blanks it.

I dunno how Eve would take it..but...he might.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is this becoming a PNM site?  I guess I said this out of frustration. It seems that anytime my name is mentioned since Sancho took office I'm described as "deceitful" etc What is deceitful about not agreeing to a coaches demands?

As I said, why didn't people ask these questions of Mahabir?  But the answers are so obvious. Terry has requested a figure that is unrealistic. Until we appoint another coach, it makes no sense signing players wholesale as the new coach may want some different players. We have an excellent core squad under contract and just need to add one or two additional quality players. The transfer window does not open until next week, so there is no rush.

As for staff, the majority will be remaining. However, we can't give a contract to an assistant coach as, again, the new coach may want to bring his own assistant (just like Terry did when he first joined) So the coaches will stay but we cannot confirm their job titles yet. 

Preseason was planned to begin next week and that will probably still be the case with our coaches beginning fitness programmes. This will give us 5 weeks preseason before Champions league begins.

As for Vranes, it is common for a Technical Director to caretake the coaches role in between appointments if required.

No scene.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vranes needs to be paid first and foremost, so I'd probably not turn it down in his position if the reports about his lack of pay as U23 manager are true. Besides, he knows the club and people and was successful so far.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Have any players been identifed as released from the club?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is this becoming a PNM site?  I guess I said this out of frustration. It seems that anytime my name is mentioned since Sancho took office I'm described as "deceitful" etc What is deceitful about not agreeing to a coaches demands?

At the risk of stating the obvious, the deceit alleged refers to what you say you know or don't know (or were involved in or not involved in). But your answer actually provides the indictment.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:26:45 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Blame it on the PNM!  FSthis is far from a political site as it is more a foru to speak out agNist the " rubbish" that spews out of malcontent , incompetent and self serving I dividualswho seem bent on destroying and bleeding the coffers of TnT dry at the expense of people.
Now do owners deserve a ROI on their investment? Yes by all means - it's a business!  If a team is successful and have claimed huge prize money, should players expect some percentage or some good will bonus? What would a caring ethical management do?
How did it feel Sancho to be denied funds after 2006? and what did you win? How'd idiot feel to get the  government cheque?
Yuh think Fenwick is not privy to the monetary gains that management is playing with? Wanting a larger piece of the lie is natural- kinda like fly to honey.

The moral of the story- greed shall be the downfall of them all ot Not the PNM! Lol

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I met one of the Central players and he said they want to know about their future as some of them contracts are about to end, they also said that if Fenwick doesn't come back some of them are planning to boycott.

They said they would not play for Angus Eve.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I met one of the Central players and he said they want to know about their future as some of them contracts are about to end, they also said that if Fenwick doesn't come back some of them are planning to boycott.

They said they would not play for Angus Eve.

not sure if you're an agent or rep players in some manner or the other. But this rather unprofessional. That is club and player business and should not make it on the street as in this case here. Plus you concerned about your contract/future but you done talking bout not wanting to play for AE?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

A coach has every right to ask for a salary and a club has every right to work within it's budget.

No business, whether football. manufacturing or services can agree to contracts it cannot fulfill. Terry was contracted until 31st May and did a great job. Central F.C. would have liked to keep him on board. However, the club couldn't meet his terms.

And all this talk of players our of contract ......Central still have the best squad in T&T and will be adding to it.
You sir are a compounded jackass!!! for you to imply that this is becoming a PNM site means that you have drunk from the Koolaid....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile

As I said, why didn't people ask these questions of Mahabir?  But the answers are so obvious. Terry has requested a figure that is unrealistic. Until we appoint another coach, it makes no sense signing players wholesale as the new coach may want some different players. We have an excellent core squad under contract and just need to add one or two additional quality players. The transfer window does not open until next week, so there is no rush.

As for staff, the majority will be remaining. However, we can't give a contract to an assistant coach as, again, the new coach may want to bring his own assistant (just like Terry did when he first joined) So the coaches will stay but we cannot confirm their job titles yet. 

Preseason was planned to begin next week and that will probably still be the case with our coaches beginning fitness programmes. This will give us 5 weeks preseason before Champions league begins.

As for Vranes, it is common for a Technical Director to caretake the coaches role in between appointments if required.

No scene.
do your thing bro. don't let too much people here get under your skin. already you do more than your fair share plus more for t&t football and posting on this site...misstep here and there but keep it 100.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

No scene.
do your thing bro. don't let too much people here get under your skin. already you do more than your fair share plus more for t&t football and posting on this site...misstep here and there but keep it 100.

Thank You Larry
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
So you and Central FC want to represent the Red, White and Black in a tournament that, believe it or not, you and Central FC are not ready for nor will you be ready for. You are just another 3 easy points. Houdini couldn't help your football club if he was your head coach. Better yet, why don't you and your club save us the frustration and the embarrassment and don't show up.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So you and Central FC want to represent the Red, White and Black in a tournament that, believe it or not, you and Central FC are not ready for nor will you be ready for. You are just another 3 easy points. Houdini couldn't help your football club if he was your head coach. Better yet, why don't you and your club save us the frustration and the embarrassment and don't show up.

In what way is Central F.C. not ready? I'm not sure, but I don't think any team who qualified for Champions League began pre season in June?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You sir are a compounded jackass!!! for you to imply that this is becoming a PNM site means that you have drunk from the Koolaid....

Apparently, I am allowed to make comments. There are many incorrect and mischievous statements made here. If I can be accused of being deceitful, why can't I suggest some posters may have a political stance?

Yuh see it?! lol

As Terry stated, he chose to bypass me and negotiate directly with the Board. Of course, I was advised of the state of those negotiations. Seems fairly straight forward to me.

1]; } ?>