April 19, 2024, 06:17:32 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 228206 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: why allyuh vex with fenwick?
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2007, 11:17:51 AM »
There's no question that Daniel and Baptiste will be in better form than his other players.
Playing 5 games in 12 days ent easy, and to play 7 in 17 is going to be even more difficult.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 11:19:22 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
Had Grey and Whitley and others(Tousse and ???)  been allowed....who would we have not seen ? Next question, If jablo or the W win the whole club championships, which trophy(DC or CC) will serve T&T best in the long run ?
thirdly, who is not ah kakahole in some of our fickle minds ? not me !(dbl -ive) ;D

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »
Had Grey and Whitley and others(Tousse and ???)  been allowed....who would we have not seen ? Next question, If jablo or the W win the whole club championships, which trophy(DC or CC) will serve T&T best in the long run ?
thirdly, who is not ah kakahole in some of our fickle minds ? not me !(dbl -ive) ;D
the Digicel Cup and tournament will serve T&T better than the CFU, if Wim deceide that the players who played starting to gel and not pick Whitley and Cyd, cause he dont want to disrupt that, then men go want to call him a kakahole.

My biggest problem with this is that the players and the country had to pay the biggest price for Fenwick to make a point, like someone said it was not about doing the best for his team, he wanted to make a stand.
The means have to justify the end and in this case not having those guys on the team was too big a price to pay he should have found another way.
Don Leo had a dread streak about him, them men mighta never get call back if he was still around.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »
you answered one question, and you or I got confused on it.
I was under the impression Digicel cup IS CFU. I guess I was wrong
My biggest positive, players who would not have had a chance to be seen otherwise, got an opportunity (plus cap). Both Cyd and Whitley may not be around for 2010, and I am not certain they would have changed the final outcome, though we as fans may have had more confidence. Imagine, if we had still lost with them . Whim would then be ah kakahole for picking them and not giving the youths a chance and working on the future. Had we won with them, well we were supposed to win anyway.
Anyway, it's only a difference of opinion...buh I remember (won't bother to dig it up) when whitley, and Grey (amongst many others players and coaches) was to many socalled supporters kakaholes too....
buh it so easy to stand in the crowd incognito and heckle, than step up on the stage and perform....ah glad some new boys got this opportunity, even from the same Fenwick......is not no love thing, just Respect...something ah think we tend to disregard so easily.....this man coaching (and winning) with one of the top teams in Trinidad for years, and chose to stay, where many of us, run the other way.....if he is ah kakahole, wha dat say bout we and everybody else ?
sorry bro, ah won't ever see he and many others so...

stepray

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »
Maxg doh get tie up. Fenwick making plenty plenty money here. More money than all the other PFL coaches combined, plus plenty perks. Money he cyar never ever make in his country England.
So doh get tie up, it eh no love it is for his money he wukking.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2007, 01:30:03 PM »
My biggest positive, players who would not have had a chance to be seen otherwise, got an opportunity (plus cap). Both Cyd and Whitley may not be around for 2010, and I am not certain they would have changed the final outcome, though we as fans may have had more confidence. Imagine, if we had still lost with them . Whim would then be ah kakahole for picking them and not giving the youths a chance and working on the future. Had we won with them, well we were supposed to win anyway.
Anyway, it's only a difference of opinion...buh I remember (won't bother to dig it up) when whitley, and Grey (amongst many others players and coaches) was to many socalled supporters kakaholes too....
buh it so easy to stand in the crowd incognito and heckle, than step up on the stage and perform....ah glad some new boys got this opportunity, even from the same Fenwick......is not no love thing, just Respect...something ah think we tend to disregard so easily.....this man coaching (and winning) with one of the top teams in Trinidad for years, and chose to stay, where many of us, run the other way.....if he is ah kakahole, wha dat say bout we and everybody else ?

The fact that many youths get a spot to play in this tournament is a positive byproduct of Fenwicks kakaholeness.  Is not like that was his plan so we have to thank him for that.
We cant look now after the fact and because we did so well, give Fenwick a bligh because things turned out well.  We needed to field our strongest local team and he hindered that.
I dont remember that time you speak of when Whitley and Cyd were kakaholes, you may need to dig that up for me to understand your reference.
Just because he was within his right to withhold the players, does not make it the right thing to do. county before club, I bet you anything he believed that when he played for England so he should respect our players and country this rounds.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »
It's not a given the the players who played in the tournament will be more ready than those who  did not. That's a thing of the past. I am sure Jabloteh have more than 22 players. Sharpness can be developed in practice. There is a reason teams have 25-30 players. Even a team of 20 players can push each other to the edge playing 9v9. It's all about the tone the coach sets in practice.

Look at the pace the National team played at, slow as hell. Plus the type of play (or lack thereof) may not be what Fenwick wants and this is the mode those who played with the National team will be in. We need to get with the program. This link is just and idea into how real training sessions are organized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzudKBHR2w
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »
Maxg doh get tie up. Fenwick making plenty plenty money here. More money than all the other PFL coaches combined, plus plenty perks. Money he cyar never ever make in his country England.
So doh get tie up, it eh no love it is for his money he wukking.

Tie up...nah...I cyah be in no bind over dat...doh ah doubt he getting all that...buh who choose to pay him ? why ? why don't dey juss hire a cheaper local guy ? Is it Fenwick fault he getting whatever he ask for ? anyway dat is another story...
Seems like ppl here know Fenwick real stories, better than the Jab players,fans & management, and like the techn ppl at TTFF fraid him...as a matter of fact, like he have T&T football in ah bind cause he taking we best players and we cyah get them...ah being sarcastic here eh.. ah asking mehself ah question here...why we players suing we federation boy ? Like they only represent for the money ? Nah...I don't think so...
lemme see...Tousse  doh play for Jab...how come Fev ent get designation ?

Look me doh know much nah... To much questions. an everybody else know....so I not no kk, i jus chupid so

stepray

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2007, 03:59:36 PM »
Toussaint & Pacheco were not selected. 2 guys were selected from W Connection, Jan & Nickolson (Ice) Thomas. Wim dropped Ice from the 20, so get your stories straight. W Connection went to Brazil & they both stayed here in training. When Ice get dropped from the squad John Williams sent him to Brazil to join the rest of the team. So leave Fev out of it. Doh tie up others  in your defence of Fenwick.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2007, 04:16:16 PM »
I will try to get my stories in order..by asking more pertinent questions.....but note I'm not defending Fenwick or any such body, ah doh have that capability or pull...When I do defend you definately will be able to tell....
Bro, call who yuh want, what yuh want, when yuh want...cause you seem to miss my whole point...For the record, the whole football scene is not my highest priority as far as T&T is concerned...Allyuh(others with the same mindset like yuhself) say Fenwick is ah kakahole, then as allyuh have all allyuh stories straight, he musbe ah kakahole...doh for ah kakahole, he managing pretty good.....ah jus don't agree....ah running 'long..take win

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2007, 06:17:53 PM »

The fact that many youths get a spot to play in this tournament is a positive byproduct of Fenwicks kakaholeness. Is not like that was his plan so we have to thank him for that.
We cant look now after the fact and because we did so well, give Fenwick a bligh because things turned out well.  We needed to field our strongest local team and he hindered that.
I dont remember that time you speak of when Whitley and Cyd were kakaholes, you may need to dig that up for me to understand your reference.
Just because he was within his right to withhold the players, does not make it the right thing to do. county before club, I bet you anything he believed that when he played for England so he should respect our players and country this rounds.

Early nomination for phrase of de year. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Fenwick filled with mixed emotions....
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »
Fenwick filled with mixed emotions after booking place in CFU final       
Saturday, 27 January 2007 
By Randy Bando...

www.ttproleague.com

The CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick had mixed feelings after his team’s 2-0 win against Baltimore Sportif in their Caribbean Club Championship semifinal match on Friday at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium. Fenwick expressed disappointment as well as satisfaction in his team’s performance after playing with only ten men in the second period.

He told ‘ttproleague.com’ in a post match interview, “I’m actually quite disappointed because we were poor by our standard against Baltimore Sportif, but I also have to say we played particularly well even with ten men and proved to be the better team winning comfortably.”

As to the performance of Baltimore Sportif, the Jabloteh coach said, “They are a good, hard working bunch, just as we saw with their national team in the Digicel Caribbean Cup. Baltimore Sportif has a number of quality players and quite a number of them are on their national team,” added the Englishman.

Meanwhile attacking midfielder Jason Marcano believes his team could have done much better with their performance.

Marcano told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I would have to say the match was a tough one but I believe we could have done a lot better. We have been working hard in training and we now have to put out what we have been practicing.”

“Baltimore Sportif played at a really fast pace and most of their players are on the Haitian national team. They are a good team but I believe we are better,” ended the San Juan Jabloteh Most Improved player in 2006.

Jabloteh fell to ten men after defender and team captain Cyd Gray received a second yellow card on the half time mark and was sent off leaving his coach displeased, “From an international player like Cyd I am really upset with what he did. He was performing really excellent during the match then he let himself and the team down. The rash challenge was unnecessary because it was near to the half line.”

“I will be meeting with him on it, because I can’t tolerate carelessness like that,” assured the coach.
The former England player however, believes he has the resources to fill the place of the world cup defender saying, “It’s not a crucial blow to us without Cyd in the final. I’ve got a defenders who can replace him in the final,” ended Fenwick.

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh would now meet rival Pro League Club Vibe CT 105 W Connection in the final on Sunday at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.

W Connection defeated Jamaican Club Harbour View 3-2 in their semifinal match on Friday.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Fenwick filled with mixed emotions....
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »
Fenwick filled with mixed emotions after booking place in CFU final       
By Randy Bando...

www.ttproleague.com

The CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick had mixed feelings after his team’s 2-0 win against Baltimore Sportif in their Caribbean Club Championship semifinal match on Friday at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium. Fenwick expressed disappointment as well as satisfaction in his team’s performance after playing with only ten men in the second period.

He told ‘ttproleague.com’ in a post match interview, “I’m actually quite disappointed because we were poor by our standard against Baltimore Sportif, but I also have to say we played particularly well even with ten men and proved to be the better team winning comfortably.”

As to the performance of Baltimore Sportif, the Jabloteh coach said, “They are a good, hard working bunch, just as we saw with their national team in the Digicel Caribbean Cup. Baltimore Sportif has a number of quality players and quite a number of them are on their national team,” added the Englishman.

Meanwhile attacking midfielder Jason Marcano believes his team could have done much better with their performance.

Marcano told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I would have to say the match was a tough one but I believe we could have done a lot better. We have been working hard in training and we now have to put out what we have been practicing.”

“Baltimore Sportif played at a really fast pace and most of their players are on the Haitian national team. They are a good team but I believe we are better,” ended the San Juan Jabloteh Most Improved player in 2006.

Jabloteh fell to ten men after defender and team captain Cyd Gray received a second yellow card on the half time mark and was sent off leaving his coach displeased, “From an international player like Cyd I am really upset with what he did. He was performing really excellent during the match then he let himself and the team down. The rash challenge was unnecessary because it was near to the half line.”

“I will be meeting with him on it, because I can’t tolerate carelessness like that,” assured the coach.
The former England player however, believes he has the resources to fill the place of the world cup defender saying, “It’s not a crucial blow to us without Cyd in the final. I’ve got a defenders who can replace him in the final,” ended Fenwick.
CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh would now meet rival Pro League Club Vibe CT 105 W Connection in the final on Sunday at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.

W Connection defeated Jamaican Club Harbour View 3-2 in their semifinal match on Friday.

this is exactly why Fenwick is a kakahole....
if yuh could play in the final without Cyd why the fACK yuh aint let him play for his country!!!!????

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2007, 12:46:35 PM »
Baltimore Sportif coach accepts defeat       
By Randy Bando

Coach Pierre Andre Dorvilus of the Haitian Club Baltimore Sportif believes the better team won on the night, after the Haitians went down 2-0 in their semifinal match against Pro League giants CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh in the Caribbean Club Championship.

San Juan Jabloteh cruised to victory with goals from Peter Prosper and Wendell Joseph and would now meet local archrivals Vibe CT 105 W Connection in the final on Sunday.

Coach Dorvilus spoke with ‘ttproleague.com’ and said, “The better team won the match and are into the final. The Pro League club was physically ready and they proved to be the better team in the end and I believe they deserve to progress and would do better in the finals,” he said after the match.

However the Baltimore Sportif coach was quick to add, “Key players in our team were very tired, due to some of them coming off national duty and this is why they were not able to play at their best. I strongly believe this contributed to why we lost the match to San Juan Jabloteh,” explained the Haitian.

Two Baltimore Sportif players represented the Haitian national team in the just concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup where they were successfully crowned the 2007 Champions of the Caribbean. Those two players are Peter Germain and Ednerson Raymond.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »
Baltimore Sportif has a number of quality players and quite a number of them are on their national team,” added the Englishman.

“Baltimore Sportif played at a really fast pace and most of their players are on the Haitian national team. 

However the Baltimore Sportif coach was quick to add, “Key players in our team were very tired, due to some of them coming off national duty and this is why they were not able to play at their best. I strongly believe this contributed to why we lost the match to San Juan Jabloteh,” explained the Haitian.

Two Baltimore Sportif players represented the Haitian national team in the just concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup where they were successfully crowned the 2007 Champions of the Caribbean. Those two players are Peter Germain and Ednerson Raymond.

???  So how many players are on their National team?  Several or 2?  This makes it sound like Jabloteh is better than our Digicel squad

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »
Baltimore Sportif has a number of quality players and quite a number of them are on their national team,” added the Englishman.

“Baltimore Sportif played at a really fast pace and most of their players are on the Haitian national team. 

???  So how many players are on their National team?  Several or 2?  This makes it sound like Jabloteh is better than our Digicel squad

Only one way to find out............

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2007, 04:08:01 PM »
[

this is exactly why Fenwick is a kakahole....
if yuh could play in the final without Cyd why the fACK yuh aint let him play for his country!!!!????

what he means is  jabloteh team is not built around 1 player
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2007, 07:49:49 PM »
??? So how many players are on their National team? Several or 2? This makes it sound like Jabloteh is better than our Digicel squad

Didn't Jabloteh have two T&T players that just competed in the Digicel Cup on they team also. This man taking about 2 players...  8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2007, 03:47:57 PM »
I have been trying to understand, what makes Fenwick a kakahole? He has coached his team to the CFU final. It may be me but how is he stupid? Why because he did not totally succumb to the TTFF? Why are we not blaming the TTFF instead of Fenwick? We could call him all the names we want , but there is not a local coach doing better than him right now. So what does that make us?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2007, 07:11:31 PM »
I have been trying to understand, what makes Fenwick a kakahole? He has coached his team to the CFU final. It may be me but how is he stupid? Why because he did not totally succumb to the TTFF? Why are we not blaming the TTFF instead of Fenwick? We could call him all the names we want , but there is not a local coach doing better than him right now. So what does that make us?

He is a kakahole because the only people he punish by withholding his players, are his players and the country.
The man now lose of them same two players for the FINAL of the tournament he was saving them for and bawl is no big thing he have other players to play in the spot, so why the arse he aint let the man play for his country then if he so easily replaced?
I am sure in his time, when called to play for england he was answering the call even if it was a friendly.
Him self want more locals to get a shot on the National Team but when the coach call them he telling them not to go, thats a hypocrite.
he could have worked out a compromise with Wim, maybe the guys only play the the 2nd half of games, maybe they only play every other game and final if we make it that far....something

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

He is a kakahole because the only people he punish by withholding his players, are his players and the country.
The man now lose of them same two players for the FINAL of the tournament he was saving them for and bawl is no big thing he have other players to play in the spot, so why the arse he aint let the man play for his country then if he so easily replaced?
I am sure in his time, when called to play for england he was answering the call even if it was a friendly.
Him self want more locals to get a shot on the National Team but when the coach call them he telling them not to go, thats a hypocrite.
he could have worked out a compromise with Wim, maybe the guys only play the the 2nd half of games, maybe they only play every other game and final if we make it that far....something

yuh pointless Mr Mc sorry to say that ... reason it out and dont talk with just pure emotions
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2007, 07:44:58 PM »
Quote from: elan on Today at 04:47:57 PM

Hind sight is always 20/20, that's why football have subs. Maybe Fenwick was hoping that they would be at the finals, which he is however; they not playing but they helping get there so maybe the means justify the end. Last time around he may have felt if his playersdid not play all those games leading up to the CFU he would have faired better and so far he would be right.

That said I don't think that make him a kakahole. BUt say what we all entitled to our opinion. I maybe talking a bunch of nothing for all yuh know... :-\

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2007, 07:56:42 PM »

yuh pointless Mr Mc sorry to say that ... reason it out and dont talk with just pure emotions

pointless you say.
not only did i answer the question as to why i call the man a kakahole, but instead of just complaining i also suggested possible alternative actions he could have taken.  I backed up my opinion with factual statements Fenwick himself.
How much more reasoning you want, or is that you want me to come to the same understanding that you have?
To you I am being emotional and piontless.
Sorry pardna just because you dont agree with my opinion does not mean I dont have a point.

stepray

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »
W Connection's coach Stuart Charles Fevrier is a better local coach than Fenwick. He have Connection playing class football whilst Fenwick have Jabloteh playing boom boom long ball. Jabloteh was otclassed by Connection today.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »

pointless you say.
not only did i answer the question as to why i call the man a kakahole, but instead of just complaining i also suggested possible alternative actions he could have taken.  I backed up my opinion with factual statements Fenwick himself.
How much more reasoning you want, or is that you want me to come to the same understanding that you have?
Sorry pardna just because you dont agree with my opinion does not mean I dont have a point.

First of all he was not punishing his players
Secondly you made about point about fewick himself  answering the call to play for england well fuh 1 thing if  manu liverpool and chelsea had champions league game about 2 days after a non sanction fifa  friendly see if fergie wenger  etc release players and risk them getting injured in a non sanction fifa game  much less a non sanction tournament  ...  
Fenwick's  job is to put  jabloteh in a positon for the best possible shot at that cfu club cup ... work out sumthing with wim so he go tell a national coach how to jabloteh  players come on now .... blame the cfu not jabloteh

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »

pointless you say.

First of all he was not punishing his players
Secondly you made about point about fewick himself  answering the call to play for england well fuh 1 thing if  manu liverpool and chelsea had champions league game about 2 days after a non sanction fifa  friendly see if fergie wenger  etc release players and risk them getting injured in a non sanction fifa game  much less a non sanction tournament  ...  
Fenwick's  job is to put  jabloteh in a positon for the best possible shot at that cfu club cup ... work out sumthing with wim so he go tell a national coach how to jabloteh  players come on now .... blame the cfu not jabloteh

His intent may not have been to punish his players but certainly did them a disservice by keeping them from playing in the DC.
The Digicel was not a non sanctioned friendly, it was non sanctioned yes but it was international matches that determined who goes on to the FIFA sanctioned Gold Cup.
Jabloteh does not exist in a vacum, they have national players in thier ranks and sometimes there is a conflict, everyone knows, well at least its my opinion Country before Club.  So when a conflict arises, Country take precedence and the club is left short handed, it happens all the time to all clubs.  Not everytime they should lose out, but in this case Country should have come first.
I am not saying the Fenwick could tell Wim how to manage his players, but a compromise could have been worked out.  In agreement for givng his players his blessing to take part in the tournament, Wim could have agreed not to run them hard, not to play them for full 90 mins, not to play them in all the matches.
I mean just recently didnt Dwight skip a game to head back to his club?
I dont think because Fenwick is upset with the CFU planning, that justifys the country having to do without some of its best local players, because the only people that lose out are the players and the country, not fenwick and not the cfu.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2007, 10:11:21 PM »
« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:07:45 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
W Connection's coach Stuart Charles Fevrier is a better local coach than Fenwick. He have Connection playing class football whilst Fenwick have Jabloteh playing boom boom long ball. Jabloteh was otclassed by Connection today.

When I said local I meant Trinidadian. Connection coach is he Trini? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. ???
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:13:41 PM by elan »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:07:45 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I said local I meant Trinidadian. Connection coach is he Trini? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. ???
Fenwick surprised me. He does a running comentary from the coaches box. I'm quite sure he gets tuned out after a few minutes :devil:
Live large and prosper!

stepray

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2007, 04:40:43 AM »
Stuart Charles Fevrier was born in Curacao, of St. Lucian parents. Returned to St. Lucia at age 4. He came to Trinidad at age 17 & played with ASL, Pro Pioneers & Trintoc. Left Trinidad in 1986 to return to coach St. Lucia's National team at the request of the St. Lucian government. He returned to Trinidad at the inception of the PFL in 1999.
Flex has his resume so he probably can pull it up.
In my mind he is as local as local can be, because he has earned a living as a player here & now as a coach.
He played alongside gally, Shabazz, Brian,Spann etc.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2007, 02:02:21 PM »
Somehow ah doh feel Whitley too happy there right now. Not sure if he is too happy period. "Presshah" from Fenwick, persecution from Jackula  >:( , non-selection for games abroad, slim chance for Gold Cup and scouting opportunities, no foreign contract.....Sigh  :-\.

Fenwick takes CFU defeat in stride       
Monday, 29 January 2007 
By James Saunders...

www.ttproleague.com

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Head Coach Terry Fenwick says he is not overly disappointed with his team, despite his side lost to local rivals W Connection in the Club Championship final on Sunday evening.

According to the Englishman, in a post match interview with ttproleague.com, his club did little wrong besides the mistake that cost them the goal.

“Of course we wanted to win so in that sense I’m disappointed, but the guys fought hard and dominated the second half of the game, however unfortunately it just wasn’t our night.”

When questioned why experienced World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley was left on the bench until late in the second half, Fenwick said that the player was not playing up to the level required of the team.

“I don’t pick my team on name or because of who you are or if you represented your country, I pick players on performance and right now there are players who are putting in the hard work and deserve their chance to start.”

Fenwick further cited that despite the absence of some of his regular starters like goalkeeper Durance Williams and World Cup defender Cyd Gray his team was not under strength.

“I must give credit to youngsters like Jason Marcano, Karlon Murray and Lester Peltier who have been given opportunities and have performed remarkably well. The youngsters have stood up big time for the club so to them we are grateful and we will continue to give them our support, and while we were unable to pull off a victory here in the Caribbean club championships, their performance augurs well for the upcoming season,” ended the former English international.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:14:49 AM by dreamer »

1]; } ?>