March 28, 2024, 10:42:19 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226040 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick filled with mixed emotions....
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2007, 02:08:39 PM »
« Reply #18 on: Today at 03:02:21 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somehow ah doh feel Whitley too happy there right now. Not sure if he is too happy period. "Presshah" from Fenwick, persecution from Jackula   , non-selection for games abroad, slim chance for Gold Cup and scouting opportunities, no foreighn contract.....Sigh  .

Fenwick takes CFU defeat in stride       
Monday, 29 January 2007 
By James Saunders...
www.ttproleague.com

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Head Coach Terry Fenwick says he is not overly disappointed with his team, despite his side lost to local rivals W Connection in the Club Championship final on Sunday evening.

According to the Englishman, in a post match interview with ttproleague.com, his club did little wrong besides the mistake that cost them the goal.

“Of course we wanted to win so in that sense I’m disappointed, but the guys fought hard and dominated the second half of the game, however unfortunately it just wasn’t our night.”

When questioned why experienced World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley was left on the bench until late in the second half, Fenwick said that the player was not playing up to the level required of the team.

“I don’t pick my team on name or because of who you are or if you represented your country, I pick players on performance and right now there are players who are putting in the hard work and deserve their chance to start.”

Fenwick further cited that despite the absence of some of his regular starters like goalkeeper Durance Williams and World Cup defender Cyd Gray his team was not under strength.

“I must give credit to youngsters like Jason Marcano, Karlon Murray and Lester Peltier who have been given opportunities and have performed remarkably well. The youngsters have stood up big time for the club so to them we are grateful and we will continue to give them our support, and while we were unable to pull off a victory here in the Caribbean club championships, their performance augurs well for the upcoming season,” ended the former English international.

I think the man making sense. I can't understand why these guys who went to the WC feel they are above the locals. From recent report of sealy not wanting to give al in practice, now Fenwick saying how Whitley slacking off. I hope they know they not hurting anyone but they self. It other guys who hungry and will step up to take they spot. Come on guy act like leaders.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

stepray

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2007, 02:37:06 PM »
Yesterday at the  game a Jabloteh fan told me that Whitley together with 4 other players broke camp & went to party. That is the reasomn for him not starting, so Fenwick was just being diplomatic

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2007, 08:10:09 AM »
Whitley gone through..... all them players who went world cup head gone. It sad because this should have led to better things, a block to build on, not a decline in our football...... them men should be happy to pass the tourch....

This could never happen in no other country except T&T, them Brazilians at W Connection could teach T&T players a thing or two on how representing your country is the ultimate honour doh matter how big or small your country is.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2007, 07:38:42 AM »
  I have ben following terry fenwicks career in trinidad and tobago for the last few years this includes watching him at practice and in games .while i commend him for choosing local players and giving youngsters exposure .I  am convinced of three things .he cannot find employment in any country that seeks quality coaching(he has not lasted long in any coaching position he has held,he is literally a reject),he is a bad influence on players and in his own way as indisciplined or more so than most (his many sending offs and his assault with his elbow on a w connection player).he is here in an attempt to enrich himself by being an agent and hopefully coaching t&t s international team (he does not care about trinidad and tobagos football.history will show that he and mr miller the ttfa's former marketing manager(icannot remember his first name)were british rejects who were able to talk a good game, and because they were british it was assumed that they were good.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2007, 09:36:46 AM »
ah could see that happening, especially how he beef up his resume with, playing for QPR, Spurs, and England...and gettin a run past by Maradona....doh mean he could coach. buh sometimes yuh does take ah chance based on ah recommendation or a resume, and end up with ah dud..
Does he even have a coaching license ?
I have observed other coaches real bawl up players on ah to long past visit to Trinidad, From NFL(they still have that) to National and ah was quite disappointed - an they call dat we glory years, an now this reject come with the same method that obviously doh work elsewhere and managing some degree of success ? Is like we players like thug life or boff or wha ?
nb ah not being sarcastic or defendin nobody , ah really never play with players from T&T...
Well except for a practice with Falcons way back in '76 I think...after ah score bout 5 goals in half hour...the coach(Trujillo) stop play an say "Allyuh cyah see how this man come from away jus so, doh know nobody, never practice with we, and scorin one setta goal "...to which one of their star players answered "So, he ain't beatz nobody yet"....To which Sheppy replied..."You.... Leave...when yuh ready to learn come back"....then he pulled meh aside and say " remember dah question of why coach does boff man here, yuh ask meh bout ? yuh see how it does go ?"
anyway, dat was over 30 yrs ago...what's it like today ?

bout 10 ys or more ago, ah had the pleasure of having a visiting player for a summer Denzil White(called him Horse). I hardly had to tell dat gy anything, except maybe some feedback during games. One of the most discplined young men I met. So not all indiscipline, but what is Today's majority about ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:56:05 AM by maxg »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fenwick denies racist abuse.
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2007, 05:36:19 AM »
Terry Fenwick denies racist abuse.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Jabloteh accuse McComie of 'unbecoming conduct'

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick will soon appear before the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League disciplinary committee to hear the latest and possibly most serious charge levelled at him.
Fenwick, a former England World Cup player and 2002 T&T Pro League Coach of the Year, was accused of using a racist remark against Bmobile Joe Public and national youth team coach Michael McComie last Friday in a heated confrontation that followed the Toyota Classic final, which Public won 2-1 with a stoppage-time winner.
McComie, who was Pro League 2006 Player of the Year, complained to match commissioner Norris Ferguson of the alleged racist abuse from Fenwick and repeated his claim to the media after the match.
Fenwick denied McComie's accusation while Jabloteh claimed to be formulating an official complaint against the Public coach even before Ferguson's report reached the Pro League head office.
Jabloteh's position, which was reiterated by club chairman Jerry Hosepedales, is that Public allegedly brought the game into disrepute by entering Fenwick's technical area to taunt him on Friday night and routinely slandering the character of their English coach in the national media.
McComie mentioned, in a live television interview, that Fenwick was once charged for drunk driving and pointed to his less than stellar disciplinary record as player and coach as part of his reason for refusing to help the work permit application of Jabloteh starlet, Lester Peltier, three months ago.
He described Fenwick's coaching as "weak" after Friday's win.
"His coaching is very much like the way he played when he played [for] England," McComie told CCN TV6, "when he was the seventh man being passed by (Diego) Maradona--weak!"
Hospedales said the club is fed up with McComie's supposed struggle for national recognition.
"I think McComie's constant attacks on Fenwick are unbecoming," said Hospedales. "McComie has been on national television excoriating Fenwick's character for months. He is bringing the league into disrepute.
"One must have a professional respect for your colleagues. You might not agree with tactics and so on but that doesn't give you a right to call someone a criminal."
He also blasted Public for allegedly entering the Jabloteh technical area during and after the match. Public's Colombian goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa was also accused of spraying Fenwick with liquid from a water bottle.
"The way Joe Public went in front of Jabloteh looked terrible," he said. "There must be a code of conduct for these teams. This couldn't happen abroad because even if you put a finger in the air towards opposing fans you can be disciplined for it.
"There must be a standard of conduct as to where you can celebrate and where you cannot."
Fenwick infamously reacted violently to a similar intrusion by Vibe CT 105 W Connection star Gefferson Goulart, two years ago, in a First Citizens Cup final loss, and felt that Public tried to goad him into a similar response last week. He insisted that the supposed provocation did not bring an undignified retort last Friday.
"(The Public players) ran into my technical area screaming and shouting after their two goals," said Fenwick, "and I have no doubt (McComie) told them to get in there.
"They were trying to goad me into something I didn't want to do. Their keeper, Figueroa, sprayed me with water, too, yet he is always ringing trying to get a contract from me."
Thus far, the Pro League executive committee has not seen it as necessary to intervene in the feud between the clubs. But Ferguson's report will force a meeting between the respective parties and Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene is likely to stress the need for club officials to behave as responsible role models.
"The Pro League is about development of the players and the youth in general," said Skeene, "and we want to ensure that our leaders, which includes our administrators, coaches, managers and the mature people around the teams, behave in a professional, courteous and disciplined manner at all times."
It would apparently take some doing to bring the ill feelings between the two coaches to an acceptable level. Fenwick suggested that McComie was trying to drum him out of the local game.
"He obviously feels very intimidated by me because he can't do an interview without mentioning my name at the moment," said Fenwick. "McComie and (a named talk show host) have kicked me in the teeth at every opportunity. I have just left him alone because I am not lowering myself to that level.
"There were lots of people around me (at the time of Friday's alleged incident) and anyone can speak to them. In our last ten games, we have seven wins and two draws while Public only got the one win on Friday.
"I don't need to go there with him because we are not on the same page. He needs to concentrate on his club as I am doing with mine."
McComie did not respond to several attempts by the Express for an interview on Sunday and yesterday but will get the chance to make his case against the Englishman soon before a Pro League disciplinary committee.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick denies racist abuse.
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2007, 06:10:51 AM »
McComie mentioned, in a live television interview, that Fenwick was once charged for drunk driving and pointed to his less than stellar disciplinary record as player and coach as part of his reason for refusing to help the work permit application of Jabloteh starlet, Lester Peltier, three months ago.
[/size]

so there it is then..

mccommie's personal vendetta against fenwick is a reason why he would intentionally take steps to suffocate the progress of one of our most talented young players...

these fellas really badmind and petty yes.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:35 AM »
Michael McComie is a mudda corn hux....... this is where you seperate the goats from the sheeps.

McComie cant win nothing this year except for a cheap cup (Toyoto Classic) and getting vex. Letting a little banton take he head now how could he be a good coach. He replace de Cubans at Joe Public and doing just as bad. He even shit down heself with de U-23 team now all this to get attention from the TTFF and Jack Warner.....

Fenwick handle it like a big man and that is good, he not letting the players and coaches make him commit any foul play. Nice work on de reporting they Lasana...

Just hope Jabloteh take revenge and win de Pro League.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:34 AM »
[/size]

so there it is then..

mccommie's personal vendetta against fenwick is a reason why he would intentionally take steps to suffocate the progress of one of our most talented young players...

"Badmind and Petty" is an understaement ... I say WICKED and UNGODLY.  May the LORD bless any young talent with ambition in T&T.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2007, 08:35:58 AM »
[/size]

so there it is then..

Well he is a liar because he said he did not receive any calls from fenwick regarding peltier's  work permitt issue .....  Well i guess  main reson why he DID NOT pick Peltier for the under 23 along with murray hyland and jamerson was an attempt to justify that they were not good enough  to make the team so he was right not write any letter ........ lord a next JW in the making
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »
Ignorance and Racism are harmful by themselves.....but IF MaComie is falsely accusing Fenwick of racism that is almost/just as despicable. One of them should be kicked out of the TTPL and the other put under heavy manners. I always wondered what personal characteristics about MaComie that the Warners saw and liked. Its becoming more clear now. IF untrue that racism accusation sounding like a typical vampire move a la McBeth.

Point is these two feeling the heat from a very competitive situation in the PL with respect to winning games and getting exposure for themselves and their clubs/players. Instead of shutting their big stink mouths, putting their head down, focusing and grinding it out to the last like men supposed to they succuming to pressure.  And regardless of what Fenwick may have said, MaComie still lost every piece of respect he ever had from the football fraternity. He is a $hit coach and his behavior is consistently $hitty, just perfect for his $shit employers. Thank God he eh coaching Chelsea or Manu he woulda shoot Wenger or commit suicide long time.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
Fenwick denies racist abuse

...Jabloteh accuse McComie of 'unbecoming conduct'

Lasana Liburd Â

Tuesday, November 6th 2007

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick will soon appear before the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League disciplinary committee to hear the latest and possibly most serious charge levelled at him.

Fenwick, a former England World Cup player and 2002 T&T Pro League Coach of the Year, was accused of using a racist remark against Bmobile Joe Public and national youth team coach Michael McComie last Friday in a heated confrontation that followed the Toyota Classic final, which Public won 2-1 with a stoppage-time winner.

McComie, who was Pro League 2006 Player of the Year, complained to match commissioner Norris Ferguson of the alleged racist abuse from Fenwick and repeated his claim to the media after the match.

Fenwick denied McComie's accusation while Jabloteh claimed to be formulating an official complaint against the Public coach even before Ferguson's report reached the Pro League head office.

Jabloteh's position, which was reiterated by club chairman Jerry Hosepedales, is that Public allegedly brought the game into disrepute by entering Fenwick's technical area to taunt him on Friday night and routinely slandering the character of their English coach in the national media.

He described Fenwick's coaching as "weak" after Friday's win.

"His coaching is very much like the way he played when he played [for] England," McComie told CCN TV6, "when he was the seventh man being passed by (Diego) Maradona--weak!"

Hospedales said the club is fed up with McComie's supposed struggle for national recognition.

"I think McComie's constant attacks on Fenwick are unbecoming," said Hospedales. "McComie has been on national television excoriating Fenwick's character for months. He is bringing the league into disrepute.

"One must have a professional respect for your colleagues. You might not agree with tactics and so on but that doesn't give you a right to call someone a criminal."

He also blasted Public for allegedly entering the Jabloteh technical area during and after the match. Public's Colombian goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa was also accused of spraying Fenwick with liquid from a water bottle.

"The way Joe Public went in front of Jabloteh looked terrible," he said. "There must be a code of conduct for these teams. This couldn't happen abroad because even if you put a finger in the air towards opposing fans you can be disciplined for it.

"There must be a standard of conduct as to where you can celebrate and where you cannot."

Fenwick infamously reacted violently to a similar intrusion by Vibe CT 105 W Connection star Gefferson Goulart, two years ago, in a First Citizens Cup final loss, and felt that Public tried to goad him into a similar response last week. He insisted that the supposed provocation did not bring an undignified retort last Friday.

"(The Public players) ran into my technical area screaming and shouting after their two goals," said Fenwick, "and I have no doubt (McComie) told them to get in there.

"They were trying to goad me into something I didn't want to do. Their keeper, Figueroa, sprayed me with water, too, yet he is always ringing trying to get a contract from me."

Thus far, the Pro League executive committee has not seen it as necessary to intervene in the feud between the clubs. But Ferguson's report will force a meeting between the respective parties and Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene is likely to stress the need for club officials to behave as responsible role models.

"The Pro League is about development of the players and the youth in general," said Skeene, "and we want to ensure that our leaders, which includes our administrators, coaches, managers and the mature people around the teams, behave in a professional, courteous and disciplined manner at all times."

It would apparently take some doing to bring the ill feelings between the two coaches to an acceptable level. Fenwick suggested that McComie was trying to drum him out of the local game.

"He obviously feels very intimidated by me because he can't do an interview without mentioning my name at the moment," said Fenwick. "McComie and (a named talk show host) have kicked me in the teeth at every opportunity. I have just left him alone because I am not lowering myself to that level.

"There were lots of people around me (at the time of Friday's alleged incident) and anyone can speak to them. In our last ten games, we have seven wins and two draws while Public only got the one win on Friday.

"I don't need to go there with him because we are not on the same page. He needs to concentrate on his club as I am doing with mine."

McComie did not respond to several attempts by the Express for an interview on Sunday and yesterday but will get the chance to make his case against the Englishman soon before a Pro League disciplinary committee.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161228826

Like is the "special one" and Wenger Trini style
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2007, 02:20:26 PM »
U know what it the funniest thing about all this? McComie berating the man because Maradona run past him in a World Cup game. I pretty sure if Fenwick wanted he could find a million string up that McComie get from nobodies that a good keeper woulda save.

I really can't understand why McComie trying to make it sound like having Maradona run past u(along with 6 other world class defenders) on the way to scoring the goal of the century implies that somebody shitty... ???

If McComie want to win an argument, i just feel that footballing ability is not the area he should be trying to compete in...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:22:32 PM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2007, 02:33:07 PM »

i'm interested to know who comprises that disciplinary committee  :thinking:
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »
McComie ever "see" Maradona ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
that is d greatest goal ever .............dont see what is the big diss with him 1 of the players who get beat

4 him to bring up stuff like that really proves he is ah macomie man
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
Does anyone know what the alleged racial slur was? 

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2007, 08:02:05 PM »
Does anyone know what the alleged racial slur was? 
I think its the "N" word.
Live large and prosper!

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »
I know I'm at risk of being accused of defending a fellow Englishman, but here goes...

I don't know much about McComies playing career, but exactly how many world cup finals did he play in? How many games did he play in the major leagues (with all respect to the ProLeague) i.e. Germany, Italy, Spain or England? Under how many truly good coaches did he learn the game under (yes I know that some of the English coaches in the 70's/80's were suspect, but, honestly, did McComie learn the game from coaches better than those that Fenwick played under?)

Fenwick will never be remembered in the same way that Bobby Moore, Phil Thompson, Tony Adams, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand will be, but he was better than average (if only in the traditional English centre back way).

So I can only assume McComie has a huge inferiority complex involving Fenwick.

Thats his business.

However, in my view, if he is lying about the racist remark, he should be banned from football at all levels. Racism has no place in any situation, and football should set standards that people take into their working and personal lives. To lie about such a thing is twice as bad. Not only is it a form of racism in itself (you wouldn't accuse somebody of your race of being a racist towards you-at least I don't think that would be classed as racism- so therefore, by lying about a person from another race of racism, must therefore be racism). Secondly, you are encouraging other people to play the race card without good reason. Its almost inciting racism.

And people will always wonder if Fenwick did do it. Sometimes its more difficult to prove you didn't do something.

Maybe you won't agree with my logic.

Then again, maybe Fenwick did make a racist remark and he should then be punished.  I don't know how we can find the truth.   

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »
[/size]
so there it is then..
maybe McCormie's true colours can be seen in his opinion of Fenwick where he would jeopardize the career of a TOTALLY INNOCENT THIRD PARTY to "get Back" at Fenwick.....very very Jackula in execution I believe...... :(
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »

maybe McCormie's true colours can be seen in his opinion of Fenwick where he would jeopardize the career of a TOTALLY INNOCENT THIRD PARTY to "get Back" at Fenwick.....very very Jackula in execution I believe...... :(

I doh have time to go back and pull thread now...but I waiting patiently fuh all de facking damnasses who were in those threads about Peltier, who was saying that Fenwick was lying and trying thing when he know Peltier wasn't going to get through.  At least he was fucking trying!!  Here you have dis small-minded c#nt sabotaging, or even in the most favorable light, frustrating...the chances of a young player, all because of some petty-ass jealousy nonsense.  McComie struck me as a imps back when we were both in Gustine...and sad to say that not much has changed in the intervening years.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2007, 03:28:46 AM »
Macomie is a CANCER TO THE GAME in TNT

SIMPLE: Education is a thing that not all of us have and Macomie suggest to me that he is a fella lacking alot of it and has for a while seeking attention in the wrong places.  He assumes that by trying to insult Fenwick by using lower than shrewd tactics it will make him popular in the media.  Well for the educated it is simply reemphasizing why he should be given the boot in TNT football....maybe he needs a couple of seasons in a league somewhere in the middle east where they can take his TT Passport and pay him next to nothin and then realise how it feels to live as a second class citizen....then really get an ounce of racism and lets she how he will deal with it....DUMBASS
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
McComie rebukes Fenwick’s comments.
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2007, 05:30:18 AM »
By: Joel Bailey (Newsday).
[/size]

Joe Public coach Michael McComie, has lashed out at CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s coach Terry Fenwick over comments he made before and after Friday’s Toyota Classic Cup final at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
McComie, during the post-match press conference, revealed that Fenwick made a racist remark towards him after Joe Public’s 2-1 win, while the “Eastern Lions” coach was irked at pre-game comments made by the ex- England defender.
“Whenever you have foreign coaches coming (down) here, they may be superior to the rest of you all but to me and (my) players, as long as you’re disrespecting my players and disrespecting people from Trinidad in particular, I will do what I need to do when it comes to me,” said the 35-year- old McComie.
He quoted an article on the Pro League website where Fenwick stated “they (Joe Public) don’t have the ambition to come at us”.
“What ambition?,” asked an irate McComie. “There was a difference in class of the two teams in the second half and that was done purely because of the two coaches.
“He’s not a coach that can conduct respect from his own players and players in the league,” the Joe Public coach continued. “Despite the fact all the nasty words he had to say after the game, all of his players came and shook my hand. And that says something, that says a lot that the cameras don’t pick up and people in the stands don’t see.
“But, yet still, we run and we worship people, maybe because they’re from England and it’s a football country,” McComie added. “But I am just as good as anybody. And this trophy is the easiest trophy I’ve ever won, and my players alone will understand that, because two weeks now, (our) game plan has never changed.
Regarding Jabloteh’s tactics, he stressed, “I said publicly (before) that long-time English football will not work tonight, and so said so done. It’s the easiest trophy I have ever won with Joe Public in the last four years.
“Jabloteh football is predictable and I can tell you how they will play now, if the other teams in the Pro League wish to know,” McComie noted. “At the same time, it’s no disrespect to the Jabloteh players.
“I will say what I have to say in defence of my players and the rubbish that Fenwick talks in Trinidad and the rest of people in Trinidad that makes him feel like a god,” McComie added. “He’s nothing in Trinidad where football is concerned.
As a matter of fact, his coaching is very much like how he played (for) England when he was the seventh man being passed by Maradona (during the 1986 World Cup in Mexico).”
The former national and Joe Public goalkeeper took issue with Fenwick’s repeated comments that players from Jabloteh should comprise the majority of picks within the national team.
“Yet still, with all the picks that should have been on the team, he cannot win a final, conceding two goals, especially (one) in the last three minutes of play,” said McComie.
McComie highlighted the respect factor between himself and his ex-national and clubmate Angus Eve, who is currently the assistant coach at Jabloteh.
“Before the game, we said what we have to say and after the game we shook hands,” he noted. “And Fenwick could come up to (us) and say derogatory things. I wouldn’t stoop to that level because my standard is not for compromise.
Stressing that Fenwick called him a derogatory term for persons of African descent, McComie commented, “these are the people that (are brought) to Trinidad, and you all encourage our youths, because he’s in charge of young, impressionable players.
“But then again, this is for one day, and it will be brushed over just as it did when he struck (W Connection midfielder) Gefferson Goulart two years ago and received a $1,500 fine and continues to coach in Trinidad,” he continued. “Maybe for you all, he’s a god but he’s a weak coach and (it is) the easiest final that Joe Public will ever win.” McComie said that himself and the club will be making respective complaints to the Pro League executive over the behaviour of the 47-year-old Fenwick.
“There is a rivalry between the two teams because the two teams have the better players from within the country and the (Caribbean),” he said. So there is a rivalry there.
“I have absolutely nothing with Mr Fenwick,” McComie ended. “I don’t compare myself with Mr Fenwick.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2007, 07:51:08 AM »
They both seem to be very interesting characters.  But Mcomie is complaing that Fenwick called him the N-word, it was in the news, very specific issue.  So, why is McComie being attacked here?  WE need to wait and see if that is in deed the case.  Because if that did happen all Trinidadians should be concerned, shouldn't we.  Because one can conclude that if this does not bother you, then you are caoable of such actions yourself?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2007, 08:22:42 AM »
They both seem to be very interesting characters.  But Mcomie is complaing that Fenwick called him the N-word, it was in the news, very specific issue.  So, why is McComie being attacked here?  WE need to wait and see if that is in deed the case.  Because if that did happen all Trinidadians should be concerned, shouldn't we.  Because one can conclude that if this does not bother you, then you are caoable of such actions yourself?
What's the big deal in calling ah man ah nigger nowadays especially in trinidad, loud steuupes!! them indians has been calling black ppl all kindah f@@kup names since they reach in 18 whatever, and black ppl been calling dem coolie since 18 whatever. i've been called nigga in trinidad on many occasions, till a thought it was meh name, and it was not by any foreigner but by locals. I rather for ah man to call me a nigger and give me a once in a life time opportunity, than to call me brother and stand in my way of progress. so tell meh which one will hurt more, ah man calling yuh someting that is inapropriate or a man boxing food out yuh mouth ? = ask peltier.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:25:32 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie rebukes Fenwick’s comments.
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2007, 08:23:40 AM »
By: Joel Bailey (Newsday).
[/size]

“Whenever you have foreign coaches coming (down) here, they may be superior to the rest of you all but to me and (my) players, as long as you’re disrespecting my players and disrespecting people from Trinidad in particular, I will do what I need to do when it comes to me,” said the 35-year- old McComie.
He quoted an article on the Pro League website where Fenwick stated “they (Joe Public) don’t have the ambition to come at us”." that says something, that says a lot that the cameras don’t pick up and people in the stands don’t see.
“But, yet still, we run and we worship people, maybe because they’re from England and it’s a football country,” McComie added. “But I am just as good as anybody. And this trophy is the easiest trophy I’ve ever won, and my players alone will understand that, because two weeks now, (our) game plan has never changed.
Regarding Jabloteh’s tactics, he stressed, “I said publicly (before) that long-time English football will not work tonight, and so said so done. It’s the easiest trophy I have ever won with Joe Public in the last four years.
“Jabloteh football is predictable and I can tell you how they will play now, if the other teams in the Pro League wish to know,” McComie noted. “At the same time, it’s no disrespect to the Jabloteh players.
“I will say what I have to say in defence of my players and the rubbish that Fenwick talks in Trinidad and the rest of people in Trinidad that makes him feel like a god,” McComie added. “He’s nothing in Trinidad where football is concerned.
The former national and Joe Public goalkeeper took issue with Fenwick’s repeated comments that players from Jabloteh should comprise the majority of picks within the national team.

Some month ago he attacking fenwick on spalk ..... and it seems he is angry at  fenwick comments ... Plus   yuh TEAM score a last minute to win that happens alot ah times in football ... it not like yuh beat them 5-0
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:12 AM »
What's the big deal in calling ah man ah nigger nowadays especially in trinidad, loud steuupes!! them indians has been calling black ppl all kindah f@@kup names since they reach in 18 whatever, and black ppl been calling dem coolie since 18 whatever. i've been called nigga in trinidad on many occasions, till a thought it was meh name, and it was not by any foreigner but by locals. I rather for ah man to call me a nigger and give me a once in a life time oportunity, than to call me brother and stand in my way of progress. so which one will hurt more, ah man calling someting that is inapropriate or a man boxing food out yuh mouth ? = ask peltier.

WAW, I just do not know how to respond to this level of ignorance, I can onlu offer prayers and hope you see the light one day.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »
What's the big deal in calling ah man ah nigger nowadays especially in trinidad, loud steuupes!! them indians has been calling black ppl all kindah f@@kup names since they reach in 18 whatever, and black ppl been calling dem coolie since 18 whatever. i've been called nigga in trinidad on many occasions, till a thought it was meh name, and it was not by any foreigner but by locals. I rather for ah man to call me a nigger and give me a once in a life time oportunity, than to call me brother and stand in my way of progress. so which one will hurt more, ah man calling someting that is inapropriate or a man boxing food out yuh mouth ? = ask peltier.
aye Just Cool, I think that most people in this thread are posting that it could be a slight exaggeration on McCormie's part as his judgement could be clouded by his assinine opinion of Fenwick.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:40:30 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »
aye Just Cool, I think that most people in this thread are posting that it could be a slight exaggeration on McCormie's part as his judgemwnt could be clouded by his assinine opinion of Fenwick.

How could one exaggerate when a specific word was allegedly used?  If Fenwick did not use the word, then the league should come down very hard on him.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2007, 09:20:22 AM »
ah cant believe mccommie block peltier, he just adding to the regression of tt football with his bad mind... God does do for those who are wicked...
doh worry peltier, ur time will come soon breddah...

God is de BOSS....

1]; } ?>