April 29, 2024, 05:55:18 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 230454 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick lays the axe on Oliver
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »
If oliver want to take a sweat that is he business.

If Fenwick wants to cut him that is he business.

Everybody is big man and can do what they want.

Just live with the concequences.

The man is 37 years old and has never been a professional by any stretch of the imagination.

Some men does have to sweat on a regular to keep they touches.

At the end of the day Oliver can take he sweat and show up the next morning and play the pants off whoever replacing him in the Jabloteh roster.

And as a result either Jabloteh or a next team will pick him up

Becuase the only thing that matters is Standard of Play.
Discipline is on paper the game is played on the field.

Look at Dwarika he still on rosters cannot run around the block but still on Roster
Why

because he can play.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
It does say something about the league and the player that he would risk his contract to play for a minor league team.  But discipline is essential for a true professional and he deserves to lose his contract.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
I agree with Coops sentiment. I agree that it is a lack of discipline. But the reality is that they proplayers are not making enough money. They are money-lighting. Yes they are wrong becuase they sign a contract with the club but the money is not enough. Don't compare them with the Epl. The money is not the same.
The PFl has gov't sponsored teams. These players get a regular salaries, pension and health insurance. If they get drop from the football team, it is more than likely they will continue working there. I do not know what the salary scale, compensation and benefits are in the PFL. At one time when Jab had full sponsorship from CLICO, I can't remember Jab. players moonlighting. But since CLICO generous funding gone, Jab scrunting like the rest. Right now it appears that only Connection and JP public are the teams that paying their players a reasonable salary that will entice them not stray to the minor league.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:15:51 PM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
If oliver want to take a sweat that is he business.

If Fenwick wants to cut him that is he business.

Everybody is big man and can do what they want.

Just live with the concequences.

The man is 37 years old and has never been a professional by any stretch of the imagination.

Some men does have to sweat on a regular to keep they touches.

At the end of the day Oliver can take he sweat and show up the next morning and play the pants off whoever replacing him in the Jabloteh roster.

And as a result either Jabloteh or a next team will pick him up

Becuase the only thing that matters is Standard of Play.
Discipline is on paper the game is played on the field.

Look at Dwarika he still on rosters cannot run around the block but still on Roster
Why

because he can play.

Daiz level madness they KND.

Next thing is players don't have to training if they rel good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »
 I would only venture into TT pro league if I have a lot of money down pack. I would not be hoping investures comming with money. If you paying players a decent and or above working salary they would have no cause to moonlight. Then you can read them the riot act. I understand where Marvin coming from but Fenwick right. And TTFF can't do anything to the minor league if any player want to play there. They can ban the player from playing in the TTFF league, but they can't do the league anything.

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 22, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
i a big fan of marvin, love to watch de man play ball... but he neva had de discipline is every year de man playing in these minor thing, i know when he use to play in de cantaro league was neva bout no money, de man use to play for beers, i remember sitting on de block with these men and they blazing real weed and talking bout de pro games for next day

2 men i wish cuda rep trini was marvin and marlon warner, but both men want it dat bad.

all de best in the future bro, i know a next pro team will pick u up ( not sure if thats a good thing for de game though)

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 22, 2011, 03:04:27 PM »
If d powers dat b do away wit d pro league and throw some money behind all d minor leagues in d country, we football go improve.

Trinis like to sweat for 3,4 days in d week and play a match on d weekend. We aint into dis trainin every day ting.

Let teams from d eddie hart and ting pay dey players a lil 2 or 300 a game and crowds go be larger, sponsors could get more advertising utility and d football go b nicer

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 22, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
The TTFF should also find a way to fine the "minor" league clubs that these professional players play for.  And also the sponsors of these minor leagues.  Firing the players from their clubs isnt enough!

This is killing our game and it needs to be stamped out.

I say they should create a stipulation whereby only if a player is given permission by his club can he participate in a minor league competition!!

ah love it!!

How could the TTFF fine a Minor league club,it have no constitution,rules etc etc that controls a Minor league,FIFA,TTFF,CONCACAF etc has no control over a Minor league,these leagues could be here today and gone tomorrow.
      Since when Minor league Football killing our game,Minor league has always been our roots,it's where all our great/best players started or came from,stamping it out is what going to kill Football.Minor league is what brings us all together,it's community,neighborhoods,people etc Football has died in certain areas in the country because the best Minor leagues are no more and if the Minor leagues go the Major leagues will also go.
       I think is a matter of discipline on the part of players in the country,weather they want to be Pros or not and not blame the leagues,does England,France,Germany etc have that problem?we always want to compare ourselves with the rest of the world keep blameing JW and don't grow up.
       The bottom line is they can't stop Minor league anywhere,it's what the average people that like the game look forward too. 
+

The real issue here is that the Minor Leagues are exposing themselves to legal problems by allowing contracted players to play.  If one were to suffer injury while playing that players club would certainly be within their right to seek compensation for the loss.

I imagine the Pro League might even encourage the club to take legal action, even though the minor league would more than likely be unable to pay such compensation, if only as a means gain leverage or perhaps set a precedent for future litigation.

Pro clubs in Europe seek compensation when their players are hurt on international duty do you think for a second that they wouldn't do the same to a minor league?  Maybe that's why this isn't an issue there.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 22, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »
The real issue here is that the Minor Leagues are exposing themselves to legal problems by allowing contracted players to play.  If one were to suffer injury while playing that players club would certainly be within their right to seek compensation for the loss.

I imagine the Pro League might even encourage the club to take legal action, even though the minor league would more than likely be unable to pay such compensation, if only as a means gain leverage or perhaps set a precedent for future litigation.

Pro clubs in Europe seek compensation when their players are hurt on international duty do you think for a second that they wouldn't do the same to a minor league?  Maybe that's why this isn't an issue there.

The analogy is flawed... FIFA mandates that clubs make available their players and so the clubs are forced to comply.  Principles of equity (fairness) require that if the club then suffers some sort of loss to their interests (via injury to the player), then the country Federation owes compensation to the club, who are still obligated to pay the salary of the injured player.

With the situation in the Pro League, clubs are not obligated to pay the salary of a player who is injured while partaking in some forbidden activity.  This is standard in all professional sports.  Many NBA teams for instance, have clauses written into their contract with players prohibiting them from riding motorcycles (see Jay Williams and the Chicago Bulls).  Engaging in a prohibited activity is a voidable breach of contract.

The 'minor' leagues are free welcome Pro League footballers since those footballers are free to work for whomever they please... even if they are already under contract to a team.  The Club however has the right to seek enforcement of its exclusive rights to the player's services by taking the player to court.  Clubs have however settled on a simpler solution... termination of contract. The minor leagues have nutten to do with that... whatever risks the player decides to take he's free to take it. 

To be honest these players don't realize the liabilty (say nothing of the risk of injury) they are exposing themselves to.  If a club really wanted they could sue the player... ex. if Jab have to replace Oliver with a more expensive player, Oliver easily could end up owing the club the difference.  It's like me hiring you to paint my house for $400 and halfway thru you decide to ride out.  If I have replace you with a man charging $600 (say for instance cost for painting houses have since gone up, or because this man have to rush to finish the job by a deadline so he charging more)... I could turn around and sue you for $200 in damages.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 22, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »
Bakes,
        Thank for clarifying the legal slant to this situation. I feel Marvin wrong and Fenwick right.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 22, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
Bakes,
        Thank for clarifying the legal slant to this situation. I feel Marvin wrong and Fenwick right.

No problem  :beermug:

Whether Marvin "wrong" is a matter of perspective, after all if the man do it out of necessity then can't really fault him, man must eat.  There's no question though that Fenwick is well within his rights, legally and on principle, to terminate the contract.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 22, 2011, 11:41:50 PM »
I really doubt it was out of necessity. I more believe like KND was saying,, if you sit down wid these fellas, they all bout football more so than the professionalism of it. To that- a man might say.. "boy F$%k away wid Terry and dem man yes. I is a baller and man should be able to play a lil ball in the community. We tend to only look at the big things but small things matter as well and most times even more. Bring the football back to the communities and it will probably go a long way into solving this problem. Hard luck dey Marvelous but then again I guess luck had nothing to do with it. When an athlete joins the professional ranks it comes along with stipulations. Mike Tyson cya just cuff down anybody. He gets a different charge and so did Marvelous Marvin when he decided to bounce ball in de hood! We sure one team he not making is Defense Force huh? lol
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 23, 2011, 01:52:48 AM »
Thanks Bakes,Deeks and others for making this a liitle more clear for us to understand,this is more serious than some may think because it's affecting our Football for the long as i can remember although it has also played a big part in our development.

I don't know if Marvin is being used as the poster boy for Minor league Football but i feel something just eh right here.I've read many interviews/ideas/suggestions etc on here from Coaches and knowledgeable people in the game and one of the things that often come across to me is the involvement of communities in Football,i often ask myself how or what are the ways we can expect that to happen,if Football don't play in a community how are people going to follow Football,if players don't play in a community how are people going to know them?

Everybody rates NE for the work they are doing with that team,it's often said they are an example for teams to follow and i rightly think so,but how much can you do on your own without being prosecuted being someone who thinks they have authority.I may be wrong but i just want to use an example here{don't kill me} NE had a tournament for the Minor league they run in the community in Grande,all the Pros were invited so that it would lift and add some more attraction to the event,no complaint from anyone everything went well according to plan.

I have come to eventually like and respect Fenwick but i think he has gone a little too far on this one,i think he still has some more to learn about our culture.   

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2011, 02:25:55 AM »
Fenwick right. Marvin could have found many other ways to partake/assist/support the Minor league without playing. He knew the rules & and consequences, and chose to disrespect the coach, who supported/attended btw, the club, and any reasonable professional administrator as well as aspiring youths to the professional ranks..the league should also suspend him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
I may be wrong but i just want to use an example here{don't kill me} NE had a tournament for the Minor league they run in the community in Grande,all the Pros were invited so that it would lift and add some more attraction to the event,no complaint from anyone everything went well according to plan.
I eh know all de details, but maybe dey got permission. Kinda like when yuh see dem pros playing in charity matches.

I have come to eventually like and respect Fenwick but i think he has gone a little too far on this one,i think he still has some more to learn about our culture.   
What more he have tuh learn? Jes last April, he and Marvin had an encounter wit dis minor league ting. It look like Marvin have aspirations tuh be ah coach. Ah wonder how he would handle de situation. What about Jack Warner? He doh understand we culture? Almost 10 years ago he fire Dwarika and Nigel Pierre from Joe Public for de same issue.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:17 AM »
As usual, the devil is in the details! I believe a pro player CAN play in other competitions (charity matches, small goal, fete match) if he has written permission of his club. This is the case anywhere, beit England, Europe, USA. Usually, its the head coach who would decide if the player can take part.

The North East players were given permission to play in the competition because
a) it was a North East community program
b) it helped raised funds for future community projects
c) it promoted North East with their sponsors and could lead to greater support
d) there was a break in Pro League and gave players some competetive football.

Whether Fenwick feels Marvin broke the rules and they needed to be upheld is his decision. The important fact is that a rule was broken by Marvin, thus giving Fenwick the opportunity to end the contract if he so weanted. I guess he wanted!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
I may be wrong but i just want to use an example here{don't kill me} NE had a tournament for the Minor league they run in the community in Grande,all the Pros were invited so that it would lift and add some more attraction to the event,no complaint from anyone everything went well according to plan.
I eh know all de details, but maybe dey got permission. Kinda like when yuh see dem pros playing in charity matches.

What more he have tuh learn? Jes last April, he and Marvin had an encounter wit dis minor league ting. It look like Marvin have aspirations tuh be ah coach. Ah wonder how he would handle de situation. What about Jack Warner? He doh understand we culture? Almost 10 years ago he fire Dwarika and Nigel Pierre from Joe Public for de same issue.

You are correct Fenwick don't have anything more to learn about our culture,it's the reason he does what he wants and gets away with it,multiple fist fights with Coaches and players,tap/slap/kick/cuss and abuse them how and when he feels,he himself has no respect for authority,any how don't worry we like it so.I know JW would eventually get involved.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
        You are correct Fenwick don't have anything more to learn about our culture,it's the reason he does what he wants and gets away with it,multiple fist fights with Coaches and players,tap/slap/kick/cuss and abuse them how and when he feels,he himself has no respect for authority,any how don't worry we like it so.I know JW would eventually get involved.

You really baffling when yuh ready yes Coop's.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »

Especially when he just write...maybe I miss ah hint of sarcasm & get chain-up

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »

I really think we as a culture have to learn about being more professional

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »
Marvin could do well to reduce that amount ah dreads on his head its like de man have 2 heads,surely that must be a hindrance with the extra weight,the man make the late Bob Marley look like ah baldie,cut off some ah dat man.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 23, 2011, 03:50:13 PM »

I really think we as a culture have to learn about being more professional
Fully agree!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick is back and vows to steer Queen’s Park FC to supremacy
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »
Fenwick is back and vows to steer Queen’s Park FC to supremacy
ttproleague.com

Englishman Terry Fenwick is back in the TT Pro League and brings along the queen, no… not Queen Elizabeth III.

In fact, Fenwick has been instrumental in the merging of Pro League club St. Ann’s Rangers and North Zone outfit QPCC to form Queen’s Park FC which will line up to challenge title defenders Defence Force in 2011-2012.

The former England international defender continues to exploit his coaching in a society that holds mixed emotions about him.

However certainly boast himself as the current King of coaching with huge managerial success. Fenwick guided San Juan Jabloteh to four(2002, 2003, 2007 and 2008) TT Pro League Championships since arriving in Trinidad back in 2001. He also guided the San Juan club to two FA Trophies, three Pro Bowl titles, one First Citizens Cup and one Toyota Classic. His success also saw the club win the 2003 Caribbean Football Union Club Championship along with participation in three seasons of the CONCACAF Champions’ League.

Fenwick’s contract with Jabloteh was terminated in February of 2011 based on contractual agreements following the withdrawal of club sponsor CLICO, forcing the 51 year old ‘Seaham’ to hunt new employers.

He now vows to bring success to his new club saying, “We(Queen’s Park FC) have a number of things melting in the pot to make this the best football club in two or three years.

“Rangers’ owner Richard Fakoory has done a fabulous job for over 35 years in local football but just as many clubs with financial difficulties needed to get the support. So bringing the two clubs together, gives us a wonderful opportunity within the Queen’s Park Oval—the best facilities in Trinidad and Tobago—to put together winning teams at all levels and that’s what we are trying to do one step at a time.”

He added, “We would like to tap into the corporate [connections] of Queen’s Park and make sure they’re putting back into Trinidad and Tobago, particularly into guys that are not quite academic as we would like them to be. Keeping them out of trouble; making sure they’re doing the right things; making sure they’re operating in a disciplined environment and helping the younger kids come forward.”

Fenwick began screenings last Wednesday and said that already, the enthusiasm shown by players have been excellent.

“Top players from around Trinidad want to be part of this,” he said. “We’ve got some terrific players coming in to train with us. And we all know that my teams have always been on the top of local football and we want to continue and start ourselves at that level. We want to knock on the door from first year.”

Fenwick who has also been instrumental in a number of foreign contracts of players over the years and is known for throwing young players into the spotlight said, “We want a top academy. We want to make sure we get the best kids around Trinidad and Tobago and run the best and most disciplined football operations in the Caribbean.

“I know this is going to be the best local academy. I’ve already gotten twenty-two players overseas contracts. That’s miles more than any other coach in the country and we aim to double that figure over the coming two to three years here at Queen’s Park football club,” said the ex-English Premier League player.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick is back and vows to steer Queen’s Park FC to supremacy
« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
All the best, they could achieve alot but for the most immediate future, licks will more than likely be the reality

Fenwick like to work with youths, he should be coaching we youth teams at least. But this venture should be interesting.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Good luck Queens Park-Rangers!!!!!!!!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
NICE ONE!!! ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
NICE ONE!!! ;D

I think is a catchy name. people can say it is not original. But they themselves said it was a merge with Rangers. So why not QP-R!!!!!

I hope the QP-R admin make a tremendous attempt to woo fans from East and West POS. Not because they and DF are the only game in the town means that they will automatically get fans. They have to earn it. The office has to pound they pavement and convince people that they are worth coming to watch. The only thing QP has going for them is the Oval. It is a small club with a big name and very small fan base in terms of football. They need to change that perception to succeed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:34:01 PM by Deeks »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
Good news for the Pro League. It needs big characters like Fenwick and Ince at T&TEC to create interest.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2011, 08:34:18 PM »
Good news for the Pro League. It needs big characters like Fenwick and Ince at T&TEC to create interest.

hope so,fixtures out yet?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2011, 08:36:23 PM »

hope so,fixtures out yet?

Supposedly on August 1st.

1]; } ?>