April 18, 2024, 11:14:18 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 228156 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shahdon hattrick spoils Fenwick's return
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2013, 12:22:48 AM »
I hope the Sharks have patience and look to the long run instead of quick gratification.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:42 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WwosBmqzI2Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WwosBmqzI2Q</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 09, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
What happen to Rix....quit or get fired?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 09, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »

Mutual agreement.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 09, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »

Mutual agreement.

The other day I asked TT ah "hard" question ... so lehme ask you two now. Round about Xmas time ... when he was away on vacation ... that was said to be provided for in the contract ... I thought ... "hmmm, plausible" ...

My questions are: Did he return to the island from that vacation? Did the mutuality occur at a distance?

truetrini

« Reply #605 on: January 09, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »

Mutual agreement.

The other day I asked TT ah "hard" question ... so lehme ask you two now. Round about Xmas time ... when he was away on vacation ... that was said to be provided for in the contract ... I thought ... "hmmm, plausible" ...

My questions are: Did he return to the island from that vacation? Did the mutuality occur at a distance?

Leh me make ah guess...it was an experiment!

They asked a Question... Is Rix the man? 
Do Background Research... He was available.
Construct a Hypothesis... He can inject professionalism and pride.
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment....He came and tried, he could not make it there.
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion....He and the club realized he was not the best fit.
Communicate Your Results...I on vacation I eh coming back...OR...I going home come December fellas, find someone else.   Search was on Fenwick was replacement.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 09, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »
2nd goal was a beaut. i go ask again. Is Connection a central or south team. If they are central, then Sando don't have a team of it own.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
That wasn't a dive for that red card?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick returns to the top flight, joins Central FC.
« Reply #608 on: January 10, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QzKg0QRXNbs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QzKg0QRXNbs</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »
Peter Byers, for real, I agree with Fenwick on that..for me, the best CF from the caribbean at present..don't know how he didn't make it bigger, So I could be ignorant of certain aspects of his game.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 10, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
I went to this training by Fenwick and you can see the players confidence is high especially with Byers around. I spoke with him after, nice fellow. Central FC will do good under Fenwick because he is strick and can get the best out of the players.

But I believe they need some time to gel as they look a little scrappy at times.

The team spirit has definitely been lifted.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 13, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »
Ah wonder how Fenwick and Oliver getting along?  :devil:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 13, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
Ah wonder how Fenwick and Oliver getting along?  :devil:

It looks like Terry is using Marvin as his playmaker. Yesterday versus Police, everything went through Big Dread. He, Hector Sam, Hayden Tinto and Renee Britto put together some great attacking plays. Sharks were very unlucky not to score three or four goals.
I think Marvin has matured quite nicely and is looking to begin coaching. He's a pleasure to work with and is always keen to take part in community projects and, in fact, actually suggested a project for the players to do in the Central region.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #613 on: January 14, 2013, 06:26:16 AM »
How come your two Antiguan imports did not play?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 14, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »

Problems with the ITC. Will be registered today and available for Wednesday.

As a point of information, I will not announce new signings until they are registered and cleared. I have noted that the media have announced new signings before they have signed contracts or been successfully registered. I have prepared 2 press releases, 1 for Hector Sam/Justin Fojo and 1 for Byers and Dublin, complete with photos. However, before I can release these, the press announce they have signed!
It would be more accurate if they stated that the players are training with us and there is a possibility of them signing. This is the case with Jason Marcano, Lester Peltier and one other.
Leaving the club are Tyrone Charles and Quincy Charles.

Flex, I apologise if you get frustrated by no news of signings, but I want to ensure the players are on board before I put together a release. Also, with so many changes, a roster will not be available until Weds.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:04:44 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #615 on: January 14, 2013, 07:37:00 AM »

As a point of information, I will not announce new signings until they are registered and cleared. I have noted that the media have announced new signings before they have signed contracts or been successfully registered. I have prepared 2 press releases, 1 for Hector Sam/Justin Fojo and 1 for Byers and Dublin, complete with photos. However, before I can release these, the press announce they have signed!
It would be more accurate if they stated that the players are training with us and there is a possibility of them signing. This is the case with Jason Marcano, Lester Peltier and one other.

Flex, I apologise if you get frustrated by no news of signings, but I want to ensure the players are on board before I put together a release. Also, with so many changes, a roster will not be available until Weds.

I understand what you are saying here, however, its the official TT Pro League website that is making these release, aren't you guys on the same page.....  ;D

btw, did you say Lester Peltier !!!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:17:56 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 14, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »

I understand what you are saying here, however, its the official TT Pro League website that is making these release, aren't you guys on the same page.....  ;D

btw, did you say Lester Peltier !!!

Lester is training with us. It doesn't look like we're on the same page, does it???
And I really prefer to see paperwork completed before changes are announced. There's so much going on, it can get confusing!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:06:51 AM by Football supporter »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 14, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
As far as I saw. Solvan next game is in March ? Is that correct ? If he's going back, I don't think he should be even signed on a short term. Yet the experience of training with/against him would benefit your players, I'm sure. Is that the story ? Curious as hell  :-\

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »
Great news. Fenwick should be coaching the soca warriors.
Hart for president

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 14, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »
Sorry guys, I just realised my mistake....Johann Peltier, not Lester! He's actually contracted to North East Stars, but we have been looking to do a deal of some kind. Just depends if all parties can reach an agreement.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick slams TTFF/ Gov’t for penniless FA competition
« Reply #620 on: February 28, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
Fenwick slams TTFF/ Gov’t for penniless FA competition
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Pro League rookie club Central FC will aim to collect the first trophy in its brief history tomorrow night when the “Couva Sharks” face Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA from 8 pm in the TTFF FA Trophy final at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

But, if it was up to Central coach and ex-England World Cup player Terry Fenwick, Central and Caledonia would both find something more worthwhile to do with their Friday night.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee was unable to secure any sponsorship for the competition and participating clubs lose money for every round with the cost of transport, meals and miscellaneous fees as well as physical wear and tear.

“There is no money for the FA (winners),” said Tim Kee, in a previous interview, “just the conventional medals and trophies. The football has no money now. Every time a little money comes in, it is a matter of filling holes…

“You can’t get blood out of stone.”

But Fenwick, a former FA Trophy winner and Pro League Coach of the Year with San Juan Jabloteh, described the situation as a joke, particularly in light of the Trinidad and Tobago government’s supposed war on crime.

“I think it is ridiculous that the TTFF and the government are not prepared to back the FA Cup financially,” said Fenwick. “They keep on going on about crime and whatever else but you have the kids from the block working hard and trying to better themselves and make a career outside of crime and you are not backing them. It is a social injustice.

“How has the Hoops of Life benefitted anybody? (Former United States basketball star) Shaquille O’ Neal came and took his money and was gone while the kids here are still struggling for an honest dollar.”

Fenwick might not hold the competition in high regard. But he admitted that Central is anxious to lift its first title and, as such, the Sharks cannot afford to pass up tomorrow’s opportunity.

Despite the absence of financial incentive, Central is desperate to win.

“We are trying to progress as a football club and winning a title will help,” said Fenwick. “We have worked very hard for this cup final. We are playing against a team that is a lot of points better than us in the League and we will try to prepare as best we can to upset them.”

Central is unbeaten in eight from 10 matches played since Fenwick replaced compatriot Graham Rix in January.

Goal scoring is a problem as Antigua international forward Peter Byers managed just one item since he joined the Sharks last month. But Central’s uptempo, committed style presents a real challenge to opponents and winger Jason Marcano is in good form as well as veteran playmaker and ex-Caledonia star Marvin Oliver.

Caledonia has not fully recaptured its poise since a flurry of exits during the January transfer window but the central midfield pairing of captain Stephan David and Argentine Miguel Romeo provides stability while Densill Theobald’s return from Finland might offer a dash of style and know-how to their build-ups.

Strikers Trevin Caesar, Sheldon Holder and the versatile Keyon Edwards have had their scoring boots on this year too and Central captain and custodian Marvin Phillip is unlikely to have a quiet night.

It should make for an entertaining FA Trophy final match-up; even if the input from the tournament organisers, the TTFF, and the State is questionable at best.

Tomorrow’s Fixtures

T&T National Men’s U-17 vs W Connection U-17, Exhibition, Ato Boldon Stadium, 5 pm

Caledonia AIA vs Central United, FA Trophy final, Ato Boldon Stadium, 8 pm.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:40:44 AM by Flex »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick slams TTFF/ Gov’t for penniless FA competition
« Reply #621 on: February 28, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »
The govt shouldn't give  a  black cent..Football is not a nationalized industry. There isn't a ministry of Football. Does the govt take money from the TTFF ? Does the govt regulate football ? Personally I feel that the govt should do better things with money ..like improve conditions at the nation's hospitals and clinics..or pay more Cuban and nigerian doctors than throw money at a football trophy.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
The govt shouldn't give  a  black cent..Football is not a nationalized industry. There isn't a ministry of Football. Does the govt take money from the TTFF ? Does the govt regulate football ? Personally I feel that the govt should do better things with money ..like improve conditions at the nation's hospitals and clinics..or pay more Cuban and nigerian doctors than throw money at a football trophy.

Maybe not a football trophy, but they should certainly invest in football. It can be a valuable growth industry if they approach it correctly. Think of the millions of dollars per year that could have been generated had the Centre of Excellence been used properly. Many teams would come here for pre season tours. Teams could come and play our boys. Mini tournaments could be held there. Instead it's used to generate income for a private citizen.

But if you really want to stop govt funding football, the only team that will survive will be Central. The Army and Police would disappear, and Connection, North East, St Anns and Caledonia would have serious problems. Then, of course, you can't just stop funding football. You'd stop funding cricket, basketball, swimming, cycling, athletics, boxing etc.

Then you could pay for your Nigerian doctors to remove the bullets from all the kids who join gangs without any other way out of the ghetto.

Why do you think every civilised country pours millions into sport?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »

So the Government should not invest in any Sport? Abandon the Ministry of Sport! As a matter of fact why not get rid of the Arts as well!

Look the only reason they not investing is that they cannot skim off the top, dollars too small. Its not the Airport, Highway or Brian Lara stadia etc.

Most countries invest in Sport, in two ways. Grass Roots / Schools  & Competitive. The difference is they have a Governing body responsible for distribution of the funding based on established criteria. Once this is met, you receive the funding, some may even increase the funding and provide a bonus scheme, if you show success in your programming.

Yes I agree with you they should invest more in education, medical etc. T&T have /had more than enough money to go around, just look at the waste.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 28, 2013, 11:05:37 PM »

So the Government should not invest in any Sport? Abandon the Ministry of Sport! As a matter of fact why not get rid of the Arts as well!

Look the only reason they not investing is that they cannot skim off the top, dollars too small. Its not the Airport, Highway or Brian Lara stadia etc.

Most countries invest in Sport, in two ways. Grass Roots / Schools  & Competitive. The difference is they have a Governing body responsible for distribution of the funding based on established criteria. Once this is met, you receive the funding, some may even increase the funding and provide a bonus scheme, if you show success in your programming.

Yes I agree with you they should invest more in education, medical etc. T&T have /had more than enough money to go around, just look at the waste.

You saw that report that was produced after the oil boom? I can't remember the exact figures (it was maybe $60 billion in revenue) but apparently two thirds of the money was either wasted or stolen! We have the biggest ever budget allocation, yet it still takes up to two weeks to receive a letter via post. I actually saw a letter from a lawyer that had to be replied to within two weeks of the date on the letterhead. The letter had to be signed for when it was received......17 days after it was posted! 17 days from Port of Spain to Couva!!
100 years ago you could send a letter from London and it would be received in Glasgow the next day! The only reason is poor organisation, lack of investment and not understanding how internal communications make business more efficient! Sorry, gone a little off thread there!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #625 on: February 28, 2013, 11:26:59 PM »
The govt. should invest in football and has just as they have in boxing.

However, they probably holding strain due to the obvious incompetence and mismanagement of funds.

However, what is sad is that the TTFF will probably take the gate and give none to the teams that were responsible for it in the first place.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2013, 12:31:09 AM »

coache,
           I don't understand you at all. Whey your head is man? You doing like TT is England and US where all these big corporation does run to sponsor football and sports . With an exception of a few all the others are waggonists. When football winning  all ah them dey. But when time come to do the naturing, they eh dey at all.

You does talk all this high and mighty plans like if people will come and volunteer for free. It eh happening again. Dem days done.  Like you don't understand the mentality of them TT business of today or what. In the 60s and 70s was different. Carib, ECM, Clico, ASL, etc. We don't have them kind of benefactors again. Nobody in the right mind expecting the gov't to bankroll the football. If the business community had stepped forward, the teams would not come calling to gov't. They just asking for some basic assistance. I know Sancho team will not get gov't money. We all know why. Maybe some outside benefactor will be their best bet. If an institution like Jabloteh can fold because of lack of resources, you know things real bad.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:34:23 AM by Deeks »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2013, 02:30:20 AM »

Maybe not a football trophy, but they should certainly invest in football. It can be a valuable growth industry if they approach it correctly. Think of the millions of dollars per year that could have been generated had the Centre of Excellence been used properly. Many teams would come here for pre season tours. Teams could come and play our boys. Mini tournaments could be held there. Instead it's used to generate income for a private citizen.

But if you really want to stop govt funding football, the only team that will survive will be Central. The Army and Police would disappear, and Connection, North East, St Anns and Caledonia would have serious problems. Then, of course, you can't just stop funding football. You'd stop funding cricket, basketball, swimming, cycling, athletics, boxing etc.

Then you could pay for your Nigerian doctors to remove the bullets from all the kids who join gangs without any other way out of the ghetto.

Why do you think every civilised country pours millions into sport?
F.S., you know what man. I watched Don Garber, the commissioner of MLS Soccer, give a preseason address called the "March to Soccer" on Wednesday night and I listened to how he laid out his plans, his initiatives, his vision and his objectives, and of course he used videos of the fans during the MLS Soccer season to support his speech, and I was amazed at how easy he made that look and sound. Now, mind you, I am oversimplyfying what was said, but this man is responsible for managing a conglomerate that involves billions of dollars invested by various organizations that believe in what he is atttempting to accomplish. They see the huge potential of a new generation of soccer fans that are passionate about the sport in America because of what Garber has been able to accomplish over the years since he has been commissioner of the league. Now, mind you, he did not accomplish all of this by himself. He is supported by a team of very talented people, both men and women. Garber showed the investors the enourmous economic advantages of investing into a sport that has a passionate fan base that is growing like a wildfire. I mean, everyone benefits, including the government, the players, the owners, the investors, and most importantly the people in the community where that team is based. There are job opportunities for many. It may not provide an employment opportunity for all, but it creates employment for some, if not many. It's a boost to the US economy in so many ways that the politicians in that community want to invest in building a brand new stadium like in New York where the NY Cosmos are making a comeback, in Florida, where the USL Pro team, Orlando City Lions, are making plans to join the MLS. I mean, if Dexter Skeene had that kind of ability and vision, who knows where the tt pro league, the owners, the teams, the players, the politicians, and the communities that each team represents would be today. One could only imagine. It's an enourmous opportunity just being wasted.

To be continued..........
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 01, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
coache  !!! is that  your overall view ??  please say it aint so ..... be more ojective  and look beyond your nostrils  coache .. !! why shouldn't there be any funding for football eh mr coache ???? the floor is now yours..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »
coache I does hardly agree with you, but I with you on this one. Any business that can't find a way to make a profit must fold. I surprised to see Fenwick in this 'Guvahment!!!' talk. Back to the drawing boards football. You cyah shift two chairs and put Tim Kee in front and feel that go make up for all the mismanagement and poor vision for the last umpteen years. You could only afford what you could afford. Build from the ground up. FS while you at it, you care to share a breakdown on how much the government spends on the various sports you mentioned?
More people fighting for the crumbs with all kinda points like they really care about anything but themselves.

1]; } ?>