March 28, 2024, 06:39:02 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226104 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick targets Central FC's dynamic duo.
« Reply #720 on: July 17, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »
Yes well see why yuh have tuh treat people good- yuh never know when they go scratch yuh back. This bodes well for we pro league fuh real.

On another note ah have tuh love this note by Flex:

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

Long time now I seeing ideas or things written on this forum show up with in other media or as ideas from the brilliant leaders we have.
The power of the Swonline forums

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 17, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »
Good all round news.

Tops Flex.

T&T dailies ain't want nothing.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 17, 2014, 09:40:16 PM »
Let dem come 'Bago and get Matty!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #723 on: July 17, 2014, 10:36:29 PM »
how good is winchester?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 17, 2014, 10:56:05 PM »
Central FC's young footballer of the year Tobago-born striker Rundell Winchester, who, contract runs out in 2016 with the Sharks is also on Terry Fenwick's hot-list and is expected to join Plaza at CS Visé pending terms agreement.

The 20-year old former Stokely Vale FC striker has been a revolution for both club and country and looks almost certain to join CS Visé. In-addition to him being named young footballer of the year at Central FC, the speedy attacker were also voted by club and supports for the goal of the season.

I trust he must be pretty good for a lot of people . ;D

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:54:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2014, 12:07:11 AM »
how good is winchester?

Here's a link to a 2 minute profile of Winchester

http://www.centralfctt.com/videos/video.php?v=12

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 18, 2014, 06:51:12 AM »
Wouldn't mind seeing Marshall here in Montreal. More reason to support the Impact but last time I checked they have 10 defenders on the team roster. Might be difficult to break through. They already traded last year's starting left back to NYCFC so he could get playing time.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 18, 2014, 07:54:29 AM »
Who???

how good is winchester?
He's very very good, you have to see him live, the video doesnt do justice to his ability

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #728 on: July 18, 2014, 08:25:54 AM »
Who???

how good is winchester?
He's very very good, you have to see him live, the video doesnt do justice to his ability

looks like he has some pace and can dribble the football, would like to see him against european comp and also how his strength and skill measures up in belgium... by the looks of it, he should have gotten a run in the friendlies... plaza also should have gotten more minutes..

ill reserve my comments for now until i see him against intl opponents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 18, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
Who???

how good is winchester?

looks like he has some pace and can dribble the football, would like to see him against european comp and also how his strength and skill measures up in belgium... by the looks of it, he should have gotten a run in the friendlies... plaza also should have gotten more minutes..

ill reserve my comments for now until i see him against intl opponents

I think it's accepted that he is the fastest sprinter in the Pro League. He had around 85 minutes vs Jamaica and won the penalty for Kenwyne. Only got 2 or 3 mins vs Argentina. He seems to be a "big game" player, scoring in both Lucozade and First Citizens cup finals. In my opinion, if he received more work on his explosive speed and he gets his head straight, he will be an automatic choice on the MNT.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 19, 2014, 07:22:43 AM »
Man hv that explosive speed!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 19, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
A few doors opened for Marshall since the Argentina match  ...   ah Daniel Cyrus
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 19, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »
A few doors opened for Marshall since the Argentina match  ...   ah Daniel Cyrus

Hah now you've raised it I can't think of much else! How different it could have been! Cyrus did what he thought was best for his career, sadly for him it might not have been the right move, but I'm very happy for Yohance to show the world just how good he is - people been underestimating him for a long time.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick hunts Central FC's dynamic duo.
« Reply #733 on: July 19, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »

Hah now you've raised it I can't think of much else! How different it could have been! Cyrus did what he thought was best for his career, sadly for him it might not have been the right move, but I'm very happy for Yohance to show the world just how good he is - people been underestimating him for a long time.

I agree, but if you ply your trade so far away from home, people will forget you. I think Central proved that there are some decent Trinis playing in minor leagues overseas who could make the national team. But, of course, the money in the Pro League is not as good. But I do feel that the ProLeague is a better jump off point to Europe and MLS.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 22, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »
I hope he pays Central ah fee for them players  because he like freeness
Empty barrels make the most noise

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 22, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
I hope he pays Central ah fee for them players  because he like freeness

Plaza was out of contract, so no fee there.
With Winchester, we will receive a percentage of any sell on fee. There's not really a selling market for Pro League players. Clubs want to see these guys perform in their own backyards as they have no clue about the ProLeague standard (whether it's equivalent to say, English League 1 or 2, Belgian League 1, German League 1 etc)
So, it seems the only way for players to get into a decent league is to use clubs such as Vise as a shop window. Vise need to sell players to survive so they will push to get our guys a next move. Meanwhile, the players gain some experience of life overseas and earn a better wage.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »
Willis Plaza signs to play in Belgium with CS Vise

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #737 on: July 22, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »

lets not go there.. the man waste an opp and he is the best defender we have with the most potential to play at the highest level.. >:(

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 23, 2014, 03:43:33 AM »

lets not go there.. the man waste an opp and he is the best defender we have with the most potential to play at the highest level.. >:(

To play devil's advocate, I imagine he's looking to progress and get out of his comfort zone, and join a club that is professional and offers 5 days a week training, as well as a wage he can live on and raise a family on. Who's to say he would have played well? Maybe he would have buckled under the pressure and missed the Vietnamese opportunity and stagnated for another year?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #739 on: July 23, 2014, 06:14:41 AM »
He deserve one, big time.

When he got the job to coach Northampton Town, de first thing he did was signed Brent Rahim.

Now the first thing he did after becoming coach for CS Vise, is he signed Winchester and Plaza and I hear he looking at more players.

HE DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS, there are thousand of players in Europe, Africa and other places he could have gotten and cheaper too.

We have Dennis Lawrence at Everton, Russell Latapy at Inverness, Yorke and Hislop who have big respect from teams in Europe and not one of them ever even recommend a player for a little trial self. Maybe Latas once with Theobald.

Fenwick teams he coach in T&T (Jabloteh and Central) have a 99% local Trinbago on it, Jabloteh was 100% Trini and Central was also 100% local in de late half and WIN titles with them.

He got/help with contracts for Collin Samuel, Kelvin Jack, Hector Sam, Khaleem Hyland, Guerra, Cornell Glen, etc etc...

Fenwick develop many players, at a young age, Kevin Molino, Collin Samuel, Nigel Daniel, Ataullah Guerra, Willis Plaza, Lester Peltier, Elton John, Joel Russell and Devon Jamerson, Cleon John, Trent Noel, Johan Peltier, Robert Primus, Khaleem Hyland along with Mikeil Williams. All these men came through Fenwick while he was coach with Jabloteh, he signed them in his youth system and break them out. Even Kelvin Jack, Ian Gray, Keyeno Thomas and Cyd Gray all work under him.

He also develop coaches like Angus Eve. He took him under his wing and taught.

De man deserve respect.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:40:37 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #740 on: July 23, 2014, 09:20:10 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I  wonder why this coach was never considered as a staff for any of our national senior teams? He has the knowledge the familiarity of our players and lived here yet during our dark days of WC  qualifications  he was never considered- could have been a help for Latas and Maturana or Otto- well boi whomever had this man blacklisted must have benefitted from some big Guyanese dollars lol

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »
He must be still trying to make up for the clothesline  ;)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 23, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »
Plaza will destroy the teams he meets in that Belgium league. I'm confident having seen his exploits in T&T, Vietnam and Arabia when he scored as a sub with the first touch of the ball.
All the best Plaza. You are going to be special.
Eat a food and keep yuh head on. Thanks Fenwick.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »
Yup true servant of the Trinbagonian game in that respect - how many coaches from anywhere done as much to further the careers of so many players both home and abroad?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 23, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
I also dislike the statements about using a 100 percent local squad, most times clubs use young and local only because of budget restrictions.

Jabloteh wasn't in that boat palos so keep within context.  With TF that was a choice he made and nothing to do with being hamstrung by budget limitations

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
Its good to see the views of persons in a positive light but i would like us to think deeper. Lawrence is at Everton, even if he wanted he can't bring players up due to UK restrictions, we are talking EPL standard football, Can we name 3 players locally who can play there at this moment. Latas and others weren't in such positions. Mr Fenwick has developed quiet a few young players however the details of these contracts most have never seen and what was in it for all parties involved. I also dislike the statements about using a 100 percent local squad, most times clubs use young and local only because of budget restrictions. I believe football has room for only the best, we want our boys go abroad so we need to welcome those from abroad. What was all these players salaries like before leaving? His qualification speak volumes and a chance at National level should have happened but I dont know what the selectors look for, if we have a panel that is

While coaching Jabloteh, Fenwick sent all those players through recommendations, I am sure our players can do the same, no one saying they have to be EPL teams, I am sure they have connections with others clubs and managers.

All our players need is a little boost.

And what details you talking about, since when players details does be reveal except if is EPL teams.

Ent you is de agent for Plaza, tell we de details on Plaza contract nah? De man getting our players a chance to play in a better league and environment and to make a lil extra.

Fenwick, did not have to sign an players from T&T, ok, remember that.

Ent Stuart Chalres does sign plenty St Lucians, everybody does look out for they own.

We have men who known in Europe, you could more than get a trials for players at a lower level.

Look Yorke for example, he promise Tobago defender Dwight Pope who playing for Jabloteh he will help him, you eh hear nothing from that again.

When Fenwick was with Jabloteh we was beating teams like Arnett Gardens, W Connection, San Francisco F.C., Alpha United, Inter Moengotapoe and Chicago Fire in de CCL and CFU.

So Fenwick deserve respect.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:41:29 PM by Sam »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 23, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I  wonder why this coach was never considered as a staff for any of our national senior teams? He has the knowledge the familiarity of our players and lived here yet during our dark days of WC  qualifications  he was never considered- could have been a help for Latas and Maturana or Otto- well boi whomever had this man blacklisted must have benefitted from some big Guyanese dollars lol

Ask Jack and Camps!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 23, 2014, 04:37:36 PM »
When Fenwick was with Jabloteh we was beating teams like Arnett Gardens, W Connection, San Francisco F.C., Alpha United, Inter Moengotapoe and Chicago Fire in de CCL and CFU.

He also had abundant resources from CLICO. Jabloteh started going down when CLICO/DUPREY scandal broke.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 23, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
Its good to see the views of persons in a positive light but i would like us to think deeper. Lawrence is at Everton, even if he wanted he can't bring players up due to UK restrictions, we are talking EPL standard football, Can we name 3 players locally who can play there at this moment. Latas and others weren't in such positions. Mr Fenwick has developed quiet a few young players however the details of these contracts most have never seen and what was in it for all parties involved. I also dislike the statements about using a 100 percent local squad, most times clubs use young and local only because of budget restrictions. I believe football has room for only the best, we want our boys go abroad so we need to welcome those from abroad. What was all these players salaries like before leaving? His qualification speak volumes and a chance at National level should have happened but I dont know what the selectors look for, if we have a panel that is

While coaching Jabloteh, Fenwick sent all those players through recommendations, I am sure our players can do the same, no one saying they have to be EPL teams, I am sure they have connections with others clubs and managers.

All our players need is a little boost.

And what details you talking about, since when players details does be reveal except if is EPL teams.

Ent you is de agent for Plaza, tell we de details on Plaza contract nah? De man getting our players a chance to play in a better league and environment and to make a lil extra.

Fenwick, did not have to sign an players from T&T, ok, remember that.

Ent Stuart Chalres does sign plenty St Lucians, everybody does look out for they own.

We have men who known in Europe, you could more than get a trials for players at a lower level.

Look Yorke for example, he promise Tobago defender Dwight Pope who playing for Jabloteh Central F.C. he will help him, you eh hear nothing from that again.

So Fenwick deserve respect.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 23, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »

He also had abundant resources from CLICO. Jabloteh started going down when CLICO/DUPREY scandal broke.

I was waiting for de ole dogs and them to bring this up.

So Jabloteh was broke before Fenwick came to Jabloteh?

Ent all de other coach before and after had de CLICO deal and had money to?

Ent Fenwick win them titles with a fully local team and not all of them was national T&T players?

Ent Fenwick win two titles and was Pro League runner up with Central, who don't even have a decent set of money?

Get real bro, he did better than your Defence Force and Police team consistently.

W Connection had to bring a set of Brazilians and Colombians, Caledonia bring a set of Guyanese and Grenadian and Joe Public bring a set of Jamaicans and other foreigners to win anything.

Terry did it with all locals.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:38:19 PM by Sam »

1]; } ?>