March 29, 2024, 03:12:56 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226167 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #750 on: July 23, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
I am sure if Fenwick was a blackman nuff praise would come from some of allyuh.

Give Jack he jacket.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 23, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »
Fenwick is d best local coach we have. So glad he took my boy Rundell though, a well disciplined youth

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 23, 2014, 08:26:08 PM »
I remember a few years ago there were people questioning the ability of Sir Alex. Not for what he achieved at Man U, but because he had two decades to organise the club from top to bottom. It was argued that if he changed clubs every two or three years a la Mourinho et al, he would not have fared well. The debate also went on to ask the same of Bill Shankly (my all time hero), Bob Paisley etc. One of the examples was the difference between Brian Clough's reign at Leeds compared to Forest and Derby.

So, I guess the same point could be made about Fenwick. He achieved at Jabloteh, then stepped into a mid season club, steadied the ship and achieved again. I don't think there are many Pro League coaches who have won trophies with more than one club?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 23, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »

Give Jack he jacket.

Sam drinking and smoking the weed of wisdom don't work with you. I eh have nothing against Fenwick. I think he has done a great job in TT.  First of all why you bringing up this whiteman bullshit with me. Fenwick never coach TT because he and Jack Warner did not see I to I. And Jack picked Porterfirld and Otto(the German to coach TT. Them is whitemen). If you want to know why Fenwick never coach TT, go Chaguanas where Jack is, and ask him.

Jabloteh's performance in the CCL pinnacled after they beat Chicago in TT, and after that, what?  Fenwick was stiffled by the old TTFF, not what football fans say. The regular socalled football could careless who TTFA pick.

Police and DF were not my team. I told you my team was Essex. And Fenwick was supposed to have Jaloteh do better than those 2 teams. He had some of the best players. And like I said before, his team was well funded by Clico.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2014, 02:37:49 AM »

Give Jack he jacket.

Sam drinking and smoking the weed of wisdom don't work with you. I eh have nothing against Fenwick. I think he has done a great job in TT.  First of all why you bringing up this whiteman bullshit with me. Fenwick never coach TT because he and Jack Warner did not see I to I. And Jack picked Porterfirld and Otto(the German to coach TT. Them is whitemen). If you want to know why Fenwick never coach TT, go Chaguanas where Jack is, and ask him.

Jabloteh's performance in the CCL pinnacled after they beat Chicago in TT, and after that, what?  Fenwick was stiffled by the old TTFF, not what football fans say. The regular socalled football could careless who TTFA pick.

Police and DF were not my team. I told you my team was Essex. And Fenwick was supposed to have Jaloteh do better than those 2 teams. He had some of the best players. And like I said before, his team was well funded by Clico.

After than, ask Ricky Hill, he was de coach. De second game vs FIre, Ian Gray get a red card in de 36 min and Jabloteh just fall flat, that could happen to any team.

And I eh talking about Fenwick coaching T&T, I referring to, de man deserve some respect and I know people on this site who doh post no more woulda sing praises to his name if he was a blackman.

He did better than many foreign coach coaching in T&T in recent times.

De FIRST thing de man do after he sign for a foreign club, is sign our players.

HE DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT, there are THOUSANDS of players in EUROPE.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:16:04 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 24, 2014, 03:02:15 AM »
These was some of the team in them days.

San Juan Jabloteh:
Daurance Williams, Kelvin Jack; Keyeno Thomas, Ronald Primus, Ansil Elcock, Nigel Daniel, Ian Gray, Cyd Gray; Trent Noel, Angus Eve, Josh Johnson, Stokley Mason, Michael Celestine, Travis Mulraine, Kerry Baptiste; Otis Seaton, Nigel Pierre, Cornell Glen, Kerry Noray.

W Connection:
Alejandro Figueroa; Reynold Carrington, Lyndon Diaz, Arnold Dwarika, Kerwin Jemmott, Rawle Fletcher, Silvio Spann, Kenwyne Jones; Elijah Joseph, Jose Luis Seabra, Ronaldo Viana, Gefferson Goulart; Leonson Lewis, Jason Marcano, Titus Elva, George Issac, Kendall Davis, Earl Jean.

Chicago Fire:
Henry Ring; Evan Whitfield, Leonard Griffin, Jim Curtin, C.J. Brown, Chris Armas, Logan Pause, Dipsy Selolwane, Andy Williams, Kelly Gray, Justin Mapp, DaMarcus Beasley; Damani Ralph, Nate Jaqua.

Arnett Gardens:
Allan Reid, Wayne Ellis, Alex Thomas, Oneil Dunn, Keith Kelly, Cornel Chin-Sue, Gerald Neil, Everton Bunsie, Gregory Messam, Jonathan Williams, Kwame Richardson, Ray Graham, Leon Strictland, Denton Sheddon, S.Collins, E.Barnes, A.Morgon, A.Burke.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:24:44 AM by Sam »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 24, 2014, 07:24:55 AM »
And I eh talking about Fenwick coaching T&T, I referring to, de man deserve some respect and I know people on this site who doh post no more woulda sing praises to his name if he was a blackman.

Who say Fenwick is/was not respcted on this forum? He was well respected. He had all the credentials to be the national coach. As good as a football coach he is, he used to get under the skin of a lot people, even some on this forum. To some he was too loquacious or verbose to their liking. He was a bit of Jose Mourinho. In one game he "clouted" a player  for some "chupidness", and there was a big write up on it in the papers.  Fenwick did not have anything to prove to me. He could have and should have been selected coach of the national. But your HNIC in Central did not like him. So go and vent your fustration on the MP for Chag. West, or East. Or the Centre of Dis-Excellence.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:29:23 AM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 24, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »

Who say Fenwick is/was not respcted on this forum? He was well respected. He had all the credentials to be the national coach. As good as a football coach he is, he used to get under the skin of a lot people, even some on this forum. To some he was too loquacious or verbose to their liking. He was a bit of Jose Mourinho. In one game he "clouted" a player  for some "chupidness", and there was a big write up on it in the papers.  Fenwick did not have anything to prove to me. He could have and should have been selected coach of the national. But your HNIC in Central did not like him. So go and vent your fustration on the MP for Chag. West, or East. Or the Centre of Dis-Excellence.

I created this thread to big up de man and give him respect for signing our players, something no other has done, not even we own Trinis in a foreign club.

I eh de one who bawling de man was successful because of Jabloteh CLICO money.

You could have all de money in de world and still fail.

Remember that.

Anybody looking out for WE players I love them for that.

F00ck Yorke and company.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:32:22 AM by Sam »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 24, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »
F00ck Yorke and company.

Oh!, So your beef is really with Dwight and Latas? Nah, I can't help you with that one.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Fenwick hunts Central FC's dynamic duo.
« Reply #759 on: July 29, 2014, 07:27:58 AM »
Plaza, Winchester joins Fenwick at Belgium’s CS Vise.
ttproleague.com.

Trinidad and Tobago international forwards Willis Plaza and Rundell Winchester have signed multiple-year deals in Belgium with third division outfit Cercle Sportif Visé.

Last week Plaza, who turns 27 on August 3, penned a two-year deal, while the much younger 21-year-old Winchester, in his first move outside of T&T, secured a three-year contract with CS Visé.

Both deals were linked by newly installed Visé head coach Terry Fenwick, who coached both players at Central FC in the TT Pro League last season and also had time with Plaza at former club San Juan Jabloteh.

Fenwick, a former England and Tottenham defender, who had success during his spells in the TTPL winning three league titles with Jabloteh among various knockout titles and last season finished Central FC in second and with two knockout titles, was lured by Visé on a three-year contract.

The 54-year-old Fenwick has been tasked with improving the standard of play at Visé and returning the club to the second division, after the underperforming Les Oies were demoted to the third division at the end of last season following a miserable rock-bottom finish.

Last season in the TTPL, Plaza and the Tobago-born Winchester both served Fenwick well, and had the attention of T&T head coach Stephen Hart throughout.

Plaza, who had stints in Vietnam with Navibank Saigon and Song Lam Nghe An, said, at Visé, he intends continue his rich scoring form; of 18 goals in 20 appearances for Central after signing on for the second half of last season.

However Plaza says his focus is to attract the interest bigger clubs in Europe.

“I feel good about my move to Visé, not only because it’s a stepping stone to [bigger opportunities in] Europe, but because Visé are a good team and Terry is here as well,” said the T&T forward.

“It’s an improvement in my career because playing in Europe means playing in the eyes of the world. I’d try to achieve what I can here at Visé but my intention is to reach the top. I am going to work hard and score goals but at the end of that, I am using this opportunity to further my career,” ended Plaza.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 29, 2014, 08:24:13 AM »
Allyuh didn't warn Plaza about dat "stepping stone" talk?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 29, 2014, 11:54:21 AM »
He doesnt listen to anyone that boy.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #762 on: September 15, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »
Heard some news that Winchester & Plaza club gone bankrupt and now they stuck.

Not 100% sure.

Did anyone hear this too?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 15, 2014, 02:06:47 PM »
Interesting. Did a quick check and the club website and facebook page are out of date. Last entries are from early August.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 15, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
Heard some news that Winchester & Plaza club gone bankrupt and now they stuck.

Not 100% sure.

Did anyone hear this too?

Where is the nearest embassy?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #765 on: September 15, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »
Fenwick really blight boy.

Portsmouth hate him.
Jabloteh went broke.
The Queens Park deal with St. Annes Rangers fell through - Now this.

If true, sorry for them two yutes. They have promise.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #766 on: September 15, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
We actually have 4 players there.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 16, 2014, 07:12:12 AM »
It's difficult to find out what is happening. There certainly appears to be financial problems and several key staff have jumped ship. The players have contacted us, but there is not much that we can do, especially as Plaza, Villaroeal and John went as free agents.
There is a Belgian players union, but I have no idea how strong or efficient it is.
But we are continuing to try to shake the trees at this end. Talking to FIFA to determine if they can return to us outside of the transfer window if their contracts have not been honored.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2014, 08:41:22 AM »
... too many opportunities in Belgium to just return without putting themselves on the front step.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »
... too many opportunities in Belgium to just return without putting themselves on the front step.

Only if you can afford accommodation, food etc until January transfer window opens!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 16, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »

Only if you can afford accommodation, food etc until January transfer window opens!!

Yeah but they will not be transfers. They are free agents and have no contracts, not so?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 16, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »

Yeah but they will not be transfers. They are free agents and have no contracts, not so?

Depends how the situation is viewed. Winchester is definitely a transfer. The other players will have to have their registrations transferred from CS Vise unless they are released by the club, which the club may not want to do as they have to continue to play fixtures.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 17, 2014, 11:16:45 AM »
Real shame for hte players involved - to have settled half-way across the world and potentially have to come back again :(

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick’s back! Feisty Englishman makes shock return to Central FC
« Reply #773 on: March 24, 2015, 04:32:26 PM »
Fenwick’s back! Feisty Englishman makes shock return to Central FC
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Call him the unsinkable Terry Fenwick.

The former England World Cup defender left Trinidad and Tobago Pro League club, Central FC, last year for greener pastures with Belgium lower division club, CS Visé, and took three of Couva-based team’s best players with him.

The Visé dream turned into a nightmare and the Trinidad and Tobago exports to the obscure club, Willis Plaza, Rundell Winchester, Elton John and Kevon Villaroel, returned with sad tales of broken promises and unpaid wages. At present, Visé, which imploded financially soon after Fenwick joined them, is in 16th place in the Belgium third division and in danger of relegation.

It is uncertain when the Englishman abandoned the Belgium club.

However, tomorrow morning, Fenwick will officially rejoin them at the “Couva Sharks” as their new head coach. Zoran Vranes, a native of the former Yugoslav republic, will step aside and take over the position of Central technical director with responsibility over the youth and women’s teams.

Vranes will essentially act in place of Central director of women’s and youth football, George Romano, who is recovering from a stroke he suffered last month.

Central operations director Kevin Harrison, who is also advisor to Sport Minister Brent Sancho, confirmed that the feisty Englishman was back in the driver’s seat.

“We are in the last furlong now and the results haven’t been spectacular,” Harrison told Wired868. “Maybe they were getting jaded and needed a little freshener. The players will have to try a bit harder now and refocus to get in the team under a new coach.”

The decision is arguably harsh on Vranes who, at present, has the Sharks at the top of the table and in line for their first domestic league title. Central also retained the 2014 First Citizens Cup under the former Trinidad and Tobago World Youth Cup coach.

However, the Sharks were experiencing a mini-blip after a 1-1 draw to Defence Force on Saturday and a TTFA FA Trophy semi-final defeat to bitter rivals, DIRECTV W Connection, last week.

Harrison admitted that it was not a unanimous decision.

“At the end of the day, the (Central) board did say the team was top of the league and doing quite well but it was more about getting the pieces in the right places,” said Harrison, who is also British. “With George not being there and our Easter camps and so on coming up, we needed more experienced hands to take care of our academy.

“Vranes’ developmental role has been pretty good and then you had Terry’s record last season of 17 games unbeaten. It seemed a better fit.”

Harrison said Central was not put off by Fenwick’s disastrous spell at Visé, which led to the Pro League team paying to bring its players back and then offering them stipends while they waited for the January transfer window to open.

“Terry was just an employee of the club, he wasn’t making decisions there,” said Harrison. “In fact, Terry was trying to intercede on behalf of the players… If I say ‘we will pay you this much money’ and the board runs out of money, it isn’t my fault. That would be blaming the messenger…

“I think the team is excited because a lot of them had a good relationship with Terry. If Vranes was fired that might be different because a lot of players like Vranes and enjoy working with him. They actually have an extra coach now rather than losing one.”

Harrison rebuffed rumours that Sancho personally signed off on Fenwick’s return, despite the Sport Minister’s claim he was no longer involved with Central so as to avoid a potential conflict of interest.

“Brent’s heart will always be with Central but we have a board in place and there is a degree of separation,” said Harrison. “I can’t say we will never ask for his advice or opinion… Central FC will always be his baby and it is hard to totally detach yourself.

“But there must be a degree of separation and, in this case, it was my decision.”

Harrison declined to name the members of the Central FC board.

“I’d rather not,” he said. “I think they’d rather sit in the background.”

Fenwick confirmed his return to Central FC but did not comment further up until the time of publication.

The Englishman, who captained Tottenham Spurs and Crystal Palace in the English top flight and is a former Portsmouth manager, first came to Trinidad in 2001. He led CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh to back to back league titles in 2002 and 2003 before returning to England for a short and unmemorable stint with lower league team, Northampton.

He returned to Jabloteh in 2005 and—despite walking off the job twice due to work disputes—helped the club to two more league titles in 2007 and 2008 and, even after the Clico turmoil, still helped the “San Juan Kings” to a FA Trophy before he left for good in 2011.

Two years later, he took over from compatriot and ex-Chelsea coach, Graham Rix, at fledgling club, Central, and led them to them to the First Citizen Cup and Lucozade Goal Shield crowns.

Now, he has rejoined the Sharks again with the team trying to stave off defending champions and bitter rivals, W Connection. Cue fireworks.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:38:46 PM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick’s back! Feisty Englishman makes shock return to Central FC
« Reply #774 on: March 24, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »

Interesting...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 24, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »
Never a dull moment.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »

Interesting...

Ha...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

They remind me of TTFF under Camps and now the TTFA.

Blind, firing coaches for friends. Vranes is the reason why they are tops right now and they fire him for Sancho buddy a KKK coach.

Central operating very unprofessional.

Kevin and Sancho will destroy sports in T&T, cant wait for election.

Sancho only worry about facilities.

He have a chance to help ballers in T&T but only barking.

Central firing coach for no reason to accommodate a racists and giving Vranes a meaningless TD work to keep him happy.

Fenwick screw up 4 T&T players in Belgium because he operating like a double agent and now he back in T&T.

Only in T&T where they afraid of the English man.

Kevin Harrison is a leach.

He have no teeth and sucking Kamla cabinet dry.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 25, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
So Vranes lead Central to first place and only 3 lost for the season and they fire ship him out to TD position to hire Fenwick who screwed up four Central players and try to squeeze agent money from them.

Vranes is so close to winning de title and they move him. And now Fenwick go come in and take credit if Central win de title.

Talk about a Jack Warner move.

Sancho learn good under Jack.

Is de way they does do things does f00cking piss me of, like how they handle Roopie to.

I hope when Fenwick jumps ship again for money in some foreign country Vranes say no to de job if they offer him back, then again, he looking for wok years now in T&T, they treating him de same way years now, from Joe Public to de TTFF.

Next thing, allyuh go see Fenwick coaching T&T football team once Sancho stay as MOS.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »
If varnes had an issue with it he would not take the TD job.
these men know what they doing they all on the same team

they is trinidad football lifers not born in tnt but gave so much to the game in tnt.

TnT is a sweet place to work and make money if it was not so why would they be there.

It have men born right they in trinidad that not willing to step up and be professional and do the job.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 26, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
If varnes had an issue with it he would not take the TD job.
these men know what they doing they all on the same team

they is trinidad football lifers not born in tnt but gave so much to the game in tnt.

TnT is a sweet place to work and make money if it was not so why would they be there.

It have men born right they in trinidad that not willing to step up and be professional and do the job.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>