March 28, 2024, 07:52:22 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226114 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #870 on: November 26, 2016, 07:47:32 PM »
I would love to see Fenwick as national team head coach, if only to see de comess when he tackle an opposing player on de sideline during a match.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 26, 2016, 08:10:19 PM »
I would love to see Fenwick as national team head coach, if only to see de comess when he tackle an opposing player on de sideline during a match.

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 26, 2016, 09:20:55 PM »
If Terry Fenwick is hired as Hart's replacement...then that is telling me   the TTFA don't care a damn ...

they would have done better with Shabba...look madness now...

when he lorse  de  next two games..dey go fire he too?!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 26, 2016, 10:44:35 PM »
If Terry Fenwick is hired as Hart's replacement...then that is telling me   the TTFA don't care a damn ...

they would have done better with Shabba...look madness now...

when he lorse  de  next two games..dey go fire he too?!
Yes I agree they should just forget the whole thing and bring back Jamal Shabazz.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 27, 2016, 05:18:00 AM »
Sorry to see Hart go, but Fenwick is an excellent choice.

What sort of tactical approach do you envision him applying?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 27, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »

Solidifying the defence.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #876 on: November 27, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »

Solidifying the defence.

The defence was great under Hart until post David election as president

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 27, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »

Solidifying the defence.

Yes and No. Yes DJW was clearly sabotaging hart.but, Hart helped to bring about his own demise. No international, or for that matter, any club team worth its salt, would have Cyrus on their 23 far less more on their starting 11. I can only believe that Hart was looking for a way out of contract.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #878 on: November 27, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »

Solidifying the defence.

Yes and No. Yes DJW was clearly sabotaging hart.but, Hart helped to bring about his own demise. No international, or for that matter, any club team worth its salt, would have Cyrus on their 23 far less more on their starting 11. I can only believe that Hart was looking for a way out of contract.

Who does Cyrus play for in the pro league? That should answer your question... don't bite the hand that feeds you...

Like I said, things were done intentionally to Hart by the ttfa

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 27, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »
to be honest his teams play with alot of heart and he is a winner. truth be told i would prefer terry or angus over stuart charles ... i remeber when stuart was incharge on our trip to egypt and I wasnt happy with the team nor results. Also i think terry can pick a team that is his and not one that is littered with favorites. I think that was one of the ways that Hart endered himself to us and also how he eventually lost some supporters to many favs and not enough hope to shake up the team
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 28, 2016, 01:32:37 AM »

Solidifying the defence.

But, you know that isn't a "tactical approach". Be that as it may, I will live with it until you give me more.

Defensive solidity gets us how close to the points total you raised on the other thread? What is Fenwick's treatment of the attacking side of the ball?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »
If Fenwick gets the call then it will be interesting to see how he goes about things.

Objectively he may be the most suitable given his familiarity with the culture and the players.

On TV commentary he has been critical of the tactics and the defending in particular.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 28, 2016, 09:24:16 PM »
If this man take over he has to drop at least eight players and rebuild..that takes time ..

To beat a team like Panama which has jelled so well would be damn near impossible..I don't see how we could take points from them either.

Where he getting the players from? certainly not the Pro League.

Panama play football like if dey fightin war ..the only way to beat dem is for dem to beat dey own self.

Dem Panamanians pressing in every part of the field ..the only problem dey have is they can't possess the ball for long periods but against a team like us that wouldn't be a problem.

Where de Coachman will get a keeper from..because if yuh defence backin back ..dem fellas lookin to bust pipe from outside whole game.

How he beatin dem?

Do talk bout Honduras, dat team is beatable we could beat dem fuh sure but I still don't see it happenin with de kind ah midfield and defenders we have..

Good Luck!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 29, 2016, 05:44:12 AM »
Well I know commentary is different to coaching but in looking back at the games a few things i have picked up based on his analysis.

He is a fan of Boucaud, Garcia, Bateau and Caesar

Not so much a fan of George, Cyrus and Mitchell. He has been critical of Joevin's commitment at times although I think he recognizes the talent.

I think he accepts that Hyland and Kenwyne can't be disposed of given the experience. He may use them differently though.

If he does get the job and a change to pick his coaching staff, i think he may bring in Dale Saunders given the familiarity. I hope Dennis Lawrence gets a look in somewhere though

He was critical of how deep the team was set up defensively. He is a fan of a defensive high press, especially upfront.

I dont know how most feel but I think this team needs a kick up the backside as a collective group. Hart was an excellent individual player manager, calm and collected. Fenwick is a manager who will pull out the hair dryer when necessary and let players know to pull up their socks when slacking off.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:54:40 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 30, 2016, 07:07:01 AM »
I just read Online in one of the dailies that Fenwick begging for the Job. Honestly He made sense in terms of the time frame to get this team back on tract. I would give him a shot at this job if we are looking for a local.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick: Next T&T coach should have local knowledge
« Reply #885 on: November 30, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
Fenwick: Next T&T coach should have local knowledge
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

FORMER SAN Juan Jabloteh and Central FC coach Terry Fenwick has laid out the attributes he believes this country’s next national football coach should possess to get the 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign on track after two consecutive losses.

The TT job is currently vacant after Stephen Hart was dismissed by the TT Football Association (TTFA) last Thursday.

And Fenwick, the ex-England defender and current Flow Sports channel football analyst, made it abundantly clear in a telephone interview yesterday that he is the most suitable individual to take up the job as TT team tactician.

Hart was fired after a string of inconsistent returns this year, including defeats in their first two matches (2-0 at home to Costa Rica and 3-1 away to Honduras earlier this month) of the 2018 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round qualifiers.

Fenwick noted, that with the CONCACAF Gold Cup playoffs scheduled for January (here in Trinidad) plus the pair of World Cup qualifiers in March, it may be tough for a foreign coach to get acquainted with the national players in a short space of time.

“I’m the most qualified person to take that on,” he said. “At the late stage where we’re at, an international coach trying to find out about (our) players (is) impossible.

Our players are dotted all over Europe, North America and locally.

An international coach coming in that is not familiar with our players have got no chance in putting that together before the World Cup qualifiers come across again in March.” As far as the TT coaching job is concerned, Fenwick said, “it’s a very difficult position for the TT FA because I provide for them a totally different proposition. Their issue would be how to deal with my success.” The 57-year-old Fenwick guided Jabloteh to Pro League titles in 2002, 2003, 2007 and 2008 while, with Central FC, he led the team (in the latter stages of the season) to the 2014-15 league trophy.

“Everything I get involved in, I succeed in,” Fenwick insisted.

“With all due respect to other people within the Caribbean region, there is nobody more qualified than I to run the national team.” He continued, “I’ve been here 17 years now. Multiple players have come through my development that are now national team players. Multiple players have come through me that have gone out to enjoy international contracts and football scholarships in the United States. I know CONCACAF very well.

“I am very flexible with my coaching, which is my biggest attribute,” added the former Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur player. “I’m an excellent coach.

“I’ll love to have the opportunity where I believe I’m the only Pro League coach that’s never been offered a position, at any level, by the TT FA.” Concerning the dismissal of Hart, Fenwick noted, “Stephen has done a relatively good job under very difficult circumstances.

He’s gone several months without being paid, he’s worked through two different administrations.

Clearly the last administration and him have not particularly gone on well.

“However, with two years remaining on his contract, which is my understanding, there might have been position for Stephen to continue in a technical director-type position, where he could still contribute to TT football.

It’s my opinion.” There were instances of indiscipline in the TT team recently, notably the fines inflicted on Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones and Mekeil Williams for breaking curfew, while Molino was suspended for the Costa Rica and Honduras game for an additional breach of curfew. Fenwick is renowned as a hard taskmaster and it’s a reputation he is proud of.

“The good and the bad about Terry Fenwick is that I am well familiar with the culture of Trinidad and Tobago. However, I’m not a part of that culture.

I come from the UK, I come from a very professional upbringing in British professional football.” He continued, “I understand the problems and issues coaches have down here. Players would understand nobody more than me, in terms of turning up at a fete match or a minor league game to find out what players are doing. And I’ve always dealt with it very promptly and professionally.

“It’s something that is part of the people’s culture here in Trinidad and Tobago.

Knowing that culture, I’ve handled it very well over the 17 years that I’ve been here.

And, really, I’ve not had any major problems with the players I have had, only because I’ve set my stall out early to ensure they are very clear that there (are) no negotiations.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 30, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
Strong case made.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 30, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »
Fantastic case made...he deffff not gonna get the job tho...kinda unfortunate
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 30, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »
“At the late stage where we’re at, an international coach trying to find out about (our) players (is) impossible.

Our players are dotted all over Europe, North America and locally.

An international coach coming in that is not familiar with our players have got no chance in putting that together before the World Cup qualifiers come across again in March.”
I wonder how familiar Leo Beenhakker was with T&T players prior to taking the job in 2005 when the team was in an almost identical position in that WCQ?

” As far as the TT coaching job is concerned, Fenwick said, “it’s a very difficult position for the TT FA because I provide for them a totally different proposition. Their issue would be how to deal with my success.” The 57-year-old Fenwick guided Jabloteh to Pro League titles in 2002, 2003, 2007 and 2008 while, with Central FC, he led the team (in the latter stages of the season) to the 2014-15 league trophy.

“With all due respect to other people within the Caribbean region, there is nobody more qualified than I to run the national team.” He continued, “I’ve been here 17 years now. Multiple players have come through my development that are now national team players. Multiple players have come through me that have gone out to enjoy international contracts and football scholarships in the United States. I know CONCACAF very well.

“I am very flexible with my coaching, which is my biggest attribute,” added the former Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur player. “I’m an excellent coach.
Strong case eh?

So he's had "success" in Pro League....which everyone admits is a sub standard league.  So if you're successful in a sub standard league, that's your claim to fame, and that's the metric you use to gauge your suitability for the position, then it enhances the claims for Stuart Charles Fevrier as national team coach because he has had way more "success" than Fenwick at that level.

I'm also curious to learn just how familiar he is with CONCACAF. 

Does any Football Federation in the middle of WCQ's want to hand someone who has never previously coached ANY national team the reins as their first gig?

I don't see this as a strong case at all.  I see this whole exercise as someone who is assertive and knows how to self promote.   Removing all that fluff and distraction talk, I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the claim that he is the best person for the job.  Far from it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #889 on: November 30, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »
Did the players have the meeting with the dictator?

They already said they want Hart.... you want to win, ask the players who they are willing to play for

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 30, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
Palos, your proposition makes a strong case for Anton Corneal. There will be pros and cons in the various viewpoints ... particularly if one starts quantifying "success". Inputs and outputs need not mesh. Prior to Mexico, Juan Carlos Osorio had not coached a national team.

Self-advocacy aside, Fenwick is a credible candidate for the position and, under the circumstances, a more legitimate and palatable candidate than SCF. The reality is that he would have had a look in for the position prior to SH other factors discarded. Of that there is little doubt.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:54:25 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 30, 2016, 01:09:13 PM »

Like he forget about Belgium or wha? In 2014/15 with CS Visé, he managed 34 league games, won 8, drew 4, and lost 22. The team scored 40 goals and conceded 83, for a goal difference of -43.

Also doh forget about de brief spell at Northampton:

Excerpt from Is Terry Fenwick the worst manager ever?:

But, incredibly, there is someone even worse. Step forward one Terrence Fenwick, whose reign at Northampton was little short of a disaster. "Speaking with no knowledge or authority whatsoever beyond that of a somewhat bitter Cobblers fan, I would suggest that Fenwick is worth looking at," says David Frost. "I gather he had some success in that hotbed of footballing excellence, the West Indies, but his brief tenure at Sixfields was worth a mighty two points from 21."

"Admittedly both his predecessor and successor were on the end of some hammerings either side of his reign," continues David, "but they had the knack of winning the odd game every now and then - a simple strategy that is generally sufficient in the nether regions of the Second Division to ensure survival."

Agreed, David. Agreed. We reckon Fenwick's record of P7, W0, D2, L5 at Northampton (an average of 0.28 points a game) is the most unsuccessful of any sacked manager.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 30, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »
Palos, your proposition makes a strong case for Anton Corneal. There will be pros and cons in the various viewpoints ... particularly if one starts quantifying "success". Inputs and outputs need not mesh. Prior to Mexico, Juan Carlos Osorio had not coached a national team.

Self-advocacy aside, Fenwick is a credible candidate for the position and, under the circumstances, a more legitimate and palatable candidate than SCF. The reality is that he would have had a look in for the position prior to SH other factors discarded. Of that there is little doubt.

Oscar Ramirez never coached a national team before either

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 30, 2016, 03:56:33 PM »
Palos, your proposition makes a strong case for Anton Corneal.

Not advocating at all for Anton Corneal...but he have more merit for the position IMO than Fenwick

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 30, 2016, 05:36:23 PM »

Oscar Ramirez never coached a national team before either

Yes and no. He had valuable experience under Medford but Medford himself was a novice NT coach. Therefore also hard to toss away Fenwick's international playing career and experience of coaching? If so, hard to discard Eve? Just highlighting why no particular metric dictates. Osorio didn't have an international playing career.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 13, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
WATCH: Terry Fenwick has expressed his desire to be the next Head Coach of Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Senior Team.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XL214ZemaVw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XL214ZemaVw</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 13, 2017, 04:10:41 PM »
WATCH: Terry Fenwick has expressed his desire to be the next Head Coach of Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Senior Team.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XL214ZemaVw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XL214ZemaVw</a>

Tell mih something I eh already know......he wanted that job long time now.....I'm neither here nor there with him as a potential coach.....at this point, mih eh really here nor there with the whole football set up.....ah juss tired and fed up ah de shyte..... :banginghead: :frustrated: :cursing: :yellowcard:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 13, 2017, 07:47:51 PM »
Breeze say Fenwick get the job. So is long ball and battle football.

Two World Cup coaches failed before Maturana & the German fellah. So now players calling who they want as coach. Shaka laugh or cry :-\ No it is not the same as when Jack hired the racist.

This story could not be made up and produced by Tommy Joseph & Sprangalang.

DJW now on his knees looking for yet another coach, knowing no respectable coach will take the job, unless he out of piper money. Hart will not coming back once he there, so choices are Stewart Charles, Latapy and Fenwick. The lack of player discipline shows that T&T are not serious. Only in Trinidad and Tobago could players decide who they want as coach. Imagine Germany, Brazil and England players making such request ???

Charles for once will stand up to DJW and say no thanks, though if he coach DJW  would be co-coach. Latapy taking anything like a warf whore and Fenwick selling himself worst than when he try to defend Diego in 86.
Fenwick is the best choice, plus word is he will take the job at any cost, his resume needs it, but DJW and all of WC crew despise the man. If he  Fenwick get hired look for Earl Jean and that whole organization to  :banginghead: :pissedoff: :cursing: :frustrated: after all the bad talking they do. Plus to now see their visionary Guru stoop to  :praying:  DJW creditability is now even lower than the white line in the road and he did it his way :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #898 on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:30 AM »
Fenwick wants more support for T&T footballers.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

EXPERIENCED local football coach Terry Fenwick is saying that more support from coaches and administrators is needed to help elevate the career of footballers in Trinidad and Tobago.

The TT Football Association (TTFA) has been scrutinised for a lack of judgement after hiring Belgian Tom Saintfiet to replace Stephen Hart as the national football coach in December.

After just one month in charge Saintfeit announced his resignation on January 11 citing a lack of support from the TTFA.

The TTFA has reportedly narrowed down its options to Englishman Fenwick, St Lucian Stuart Charles-Fevrier (coaching W Connection for over 15 years) and Colombian Francisco Maturana, who had a brief stint with the T&T team from 2008 to 2009.

The new coach is expected to be announced today.

Fenwick, who first started coaching in T&T in 2001, explained that there are talented players in this country but more support is required.

Fenwick said, “so many wonderful young kids have come through my development, believe me Trinidad and Tobago are producing some fabulous young footballers, I just want the coaches and administration to give them a bit of support, they need that.

We are going through very difficult times as a country, but these kids some of them are not academic, they need help and support, they are very good footballers and if we do that we could provide them with an opportunity not just here in Trinidad but outside and that’s really my goal.” Fenwick says with two pivotal World Cup qualifiers coming up in March a local based coach with a knowledge of T&T players is crucial to the success of the national team.

“I still feel that (a local coach is needed) only because you’ve got two games coming up in March that are critical.

We still got to recognise that United States of America are underneath us (in the World Cup qualifiers), they will still feel like they could qualify, if they could do it why not us.

But whoever takes over the reigns must have a huge knowledge of local footballers, they must have a bit of determination and discipline behind them so we could get things back on track.”

TTFA Statement.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to state that following several hours of  its statutory Board Meeting on Wednesday evening at the Association’s Head Office, it is yet to come to a final decision on the selection of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team Head Coach.

The TTFA expects to make an announcement on the selection by this coming weekend.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:05:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #899 on: January 19, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »
Fenwick painting himself like the saviour, careful that judas the terrorizer don't betray him and the dictator nail him to a cross....

1]; } ?>