March 28, 2024, 03:55:49 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226087 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #930 on: December 19, 2019, 04:19:44 PM »
I more interested to see who he go tackle first on de sidelines  ;)

:rotfl:

Those days may be past him...

Imagine he takes the team to the big dance ... wow

First de small dance, then lehwe reconvene.

:beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #931 on: December 19, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »
Let's see how it goes, watch de ride

His team selection will be the most interesting to watch...

Eagerly awaiting who will be on his staff. That will be a signal to arms.

Yes that as well  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 19, 2019, 04:38:41 PM »
I more interested to see who he go tackle first on de sidelines  ;)

Ah shipping you a 'Fenwick: Factory built for success' T-shirt for Xmas!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 19, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »
And Terry Fenwick ... Anyhow ah see Football Factory with that T-shirt ah want meh $ eh ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 19, 2019, 10:31:40 PM »
asylum, could you name any player or players on the horizon from football factory?

https://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/fenwick-gets-soca-warriors-job-6.2.1012020.231cb8218e
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:48:51 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 20, 2019, 03:08:57 AM »
asylum, could you name any player or players on the horizon from football factory?

https://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/fenwick-gets-soca-warriors-job-6.2.1012020.231cb8218e

Busy factory. Doh know the ratio of De Loreans to Camrys to Rolls Royces. What to tell yuh? What Hyundai was in 1987 is not what Hyundai was in 1997.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 20, 2019, 04:04:41 AM »
Cautiously optimistic. Whilst I have had and continue to have some serious reservations about his dealings in the past (especially his Belgian escapade), he is undeniably one of the best managers domestically.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 20, 2019, 07:33:10 AM »
Fenwick appointed Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Team Head Coach
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is pleased to announce the appointment of former England international Terry Fenwick to the position of Head Coach of the  Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s National Team.

Fenwick, who made  20 appearances for England and  over 400 appearances in England’s top division for three famous London clubs; Tottenham Hotspur, Queens Park Rangers and Crystal Palace, has a long association with Trinidad and Tobago football. He has won four Professional League titles with San Juan Jabloteh FC and has played a significant part in guiding many Trinidad and Tobago players to professional contracts and university scholarships abroad.

Fenwick has been appointed for two years, beginning January 1st 2020. His first major task will be to guide Trinidad and Tobago through the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2021 playoff against either Barbados or Guyana in June of next year.

Fenwick in an immediate response to the appointment told TTFA Media “After 20 years working across Trinidad & Tobago football, I am honoured to have been given this opportunity to improve the fortunes of the senior men’s national team. My time here means I’m already aware of the job that needs to be done but I also know there’s a tremendous opportunity to play a part in getting Trinidad & Tobago back to where it belongs in the order of world football.

“During my time here I’ve seen and worked with many unsung heroes from all communities who are committed to improving T&T football. Their support will be needed more than ever now, and I look forward to working with everyone to make sure that together, we’re as successful as we can possibly be,” Fenwick added.

Fenwick will also work with the coaches of the national youth teams as the TTFA Technical Committee seeks to ensure technical linkages and continuity between national teams and within the TTFA National Teams Programme.

TTFA President William Wallace commenting on the appointment, said.  “We received strong representation from a number of candidates for the position of Head Coach, but Terry’s knowledge of our football, coupled with his international experience made him the obvious choice. I am delighted and excited by Terry’s appointment as it represents a significant step in our overall re-development. As part of the National Teams Programme, his influence will be felt at all levels and the TTFA Board is looking forward to supporting him in every way possible.”

GREAT !!!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 21, 2019, 09:11:13 AM »
Posted by Frico:

The best thing that has happened to TT football but it took too long for DL to realize he wasn't up to the job,had he stayed another season or 2 we may well be down with the likes of Burma and Bangladesh.DL was only taking us down and down,the English Trini could not do worse in fact I expect better and a climb back to where we belong,the second best team or the best team in the Caribbean.
Show dem Tel

Yuh inventing yuh own facts?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #939 on: December 21, 2019, 10:42:06 AM »
Jones believes Fenwick can do T&T job.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

For­mer So­ca War­riors cap­tain Ken­wyne Jones says the ap­point­ment of Ter­ry Fen­wick at the helm of the cur­rent strug­gling team was need­ed and it did not come as a sur­prise due to the items in the Unit­ed T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion’s man­i­festo.

“For T&T foot­ball, it is good to have some sta­bil­i­ty at the head. The things they have out­lined for the fu­ture, in terms of the train­ing camps and what not, hope­ful­ly, that is some­thing that will be so­lid­i­fied, the in­vest­ment that is nec­es­sary, the struc­ture that is nec­es­sary and maybe the fu­ture of T&T foot­ball will be in good hands,” Jones ex­plained.

Jones be­lieves Fen­wick, who was ap­point­ed to re­place the sacked Den­nis Lawrence ear­li­er this week, will bring with him his pro­fes­sion­al­ism and ex­pe­ri­ence.

“We need to change the cul­ture of the tour­na­ment mind­set and we need to start hav­ing that con­tin­u­ous pro­gramme, con­tin­u­ous plan­ning, not on­ly for the na­tion­al teams but al­so the club pro­gramme, acad­e­my pro­gramme, the school pro­gramme, every­thing needs to change at this point, where we start think­ing about long term and not short term.”

How­ev­er, Jones does not feel Fen­wick will have it all easy at the start. Not­ing, the UK coach has been very crit­i­cal of oth­ers coach­es over the last decade, Jones said, “He (Fen­wick) would have a lot of con­vinc­ing to do be­cause he’s been here for quite a while and has been on the oth­er side of the fence. He did a lot of crit­i­cis­ing of teams, play­ers and coach­es but now it’s his turn to man­age. So he’ll have to con­vince peo­ple and win them over.”

For­mer na­tion­al mid­field­er, now coach Travis Mul­raine al­so be­lieves Fen­wick’s se­lec­tion was a good one. How­ev­er, he says he will stay away from mak­ing any pre­dic­tions, say­ing we will see what will hap­pen in time to come.

Mul­raine, a for­mer Matu­ra Re­Unit­ed and Guaya Unit­ed coach who played un­der Fen­wick at San Juan Jabloteh in the T&T Pro League, said Fen­wick is def­i­nite­ly de­serv­ing of a chance, hav­ing won ti­tles with Jabloteh, Cen­tral FC and be­ing ex­cel­lent at un­earthing and de­vel­op­ing new tal­ent.

“What I think Fen­wick needs to do at this point in time is to bring in fresh blood in the team and do away with some of the old play­ers. He will al­so need to en­sure that he gets the for­eign-based play­ers to toe the line, which will en­cour­age the oth­ers to fol­low,” Mul­raine said.

He de­scribed Fen­wick as a very good coach de­fen­sive­ly, who likes to have pace in his at­tack.

“For many years, our prob­lem has been our de­fence. We have been mak­ing many blun­ders in the de­fence, caus­ing us to con­cede a lot of soft goals, so I be­lieve Fen­wick should do well in that area,” he said.

Fen­wick, who was over­looked back in 2016 for the top coach­ing job as the TTFA went with Lawrence, was this time cho­sen ahead of a num­ber of top in­ter­na­tion­al coach­es, in­clud­ing Eng­land’s Si­mon Mc Men­e­my, Stephen Con­stan­tine and Pe­ter Tay­lor, by the new TTFA Tech­ni­cal Com­mit­tee head­ed by Kei­th Look Loy.

Mean­while, for­mer North East Stars, FC San­ta Rosa and na­tion­al coach Derek King, who now plies his trade with Cana­di­an Pre­mier League club Hal­i­fax Wan­der­ers, along­side an­oth­er for­mer T&T coach Stephen Hart, was yes­ter­day named as Fen­wick’s as­sis­tant. It is un­der­stood King was ac­tu­al­ly cho­sen by Fen­wick and the TTFA board will have to rat­i­fy his se­lec­tion at its next meet­ing in ear­ly Jan­u­ary.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 21, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
Hope TTFA also consult with Local clubs and the school league about about upping the quality of the local game especially as it relates to intensity of play....our very slow play and lack of aggression\urgency across the board does not prepare our players for whats on the outside.....It's very difficult for ah man who accustom to jugging\standing around to be asked to sprinting\moving around constantly when he not being asked to do dat with his club, Hart faced dat when he was forced to use mostly pro league players. There has to be a collective effort to raise standards\speed of play nationwide.
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 21, 2019, 01:43:03 PM »
Posted by Frico:

The best thing that has happened to TT football but it took too long for DL to realize he wasn't up to the job,had he stayed another season or 2 we may well be down with the likes of Burma and Bangladesh.DL was only taking us down and down,the English Trini could not do worse in fact I expect better and a climb back to where we belong,the second best team or the best team in the Caribbean.
Show dem Tel

Yuh can't invent facts mate..."facts are facts",yuh mussy hear that saying before,if yuh haven't,yuh hear it now. ;D ;D ;D
Have a nice Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 01:45:29 PM by frico »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 21, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »
Posted by Frico:

Show dem Tel

Yuh can't invent facts mate..."facts are facts",yuh mussy hear that saying before,if yuh haven't,yuh hear it now. ;D ;D ;D
Have a nice Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

As far as I'm aware, DL never said he wasn't up to the task ... unless you had a private conversation with him.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 21, 2019, 02:32:09 PM »
assylumseeker
Nobody needed a private conversation with DL to know he wasn't up to it ,his results told us and he resigned knowing clearly he wasn't up to the job.It is fair to assume that he wasn't up to it.You are "splitting hairs"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 03:34:51 PM by frico »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 21, 2019, 03:45:46 PM »
He didn't resign though  ???
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: December 21, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »

Alternative facts, nah.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #946 on: December 22, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »
Jones believes Fenwick can do T&T job.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

For­mer So­ca War­riors cap­tain Ken­wyne Jones says the ap­point­ment of Ter­ry Fen­wick at the helm of the cur­rent strug­gling team was need­ed and it did not come as a sur­prise due to the items in the Unit­ed T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion’s man­i­festo.

“For T&T foot­ball, it is good to have some sta­bil­i­ty at the head. The things they have out­lined for the fu­ture, in terms of the train­ing camps and what not, hope­ful­ly, that is some­thing that will be so­lid­i­fied, the in­vest­ment that is nec­es­sary, the struc­ture that is nec­es­sary and maybe the fu­ture of T&T foot­ball will be in good hands,” Jones ex­plained.

Jones be­lieves Fen­wick, who was ap­point­ed to re­place the sacked Den­nis Lawrence ear­li­er this week, will bring with him his pro­fes­sion­al­ism and ex­pe­ri­ence.

“We need to change the cul­ture of the tour­na­ment mind­set and we need to start hav­ing that con­tin­u­ous pro­gramme, con­tin­u­ous plan­ning, not on­ly for the na­tion­al teams but al­so the club pro­gramme, acad­e­my pro­gramme, the school pro­gramme, every­thing needs to change at this point, where we start think­ing about long term and not short term.”

How­ev­er, Jones does not feel Fen­wick will have it all easy at the start. Not­ing, the UK coach has been very crit­i­cal of oth­ers coach­es over the last decade, Jones said, “He (Fen­wick) would have a lot of con­vinc­ing to do be­cause he’s been here for quite a while and has been on the oth­er side of the fence. He did a lot of crit­i­cis­ing of teams, play­ers and coach­es but now it’s his turn to man­age. So he’ll have to con­vince peo­ple and win them over.”

For­mer na­tion­al mid­field­er, now coach Travis Mul­raine al­so be­lieves Fen­wick’s se­lec­tion was a good one. How­ev­er, he says he will stay away from mak­ing any pre­dic­tions, say­ing we will see what will hap­pen in time to come.

Mul­raine, a for­mer Matu­ra Re­Unit­ed and Guaya Unit­ed coach who played un­der Fen­wick at San Juan Jabloteh in the T&T Pro League, said Fen­wick is def­i­nite­ly de­serv­ing of a chance, hav­ing won ti­tles with Jabloteh, Cen­tral FC and be­ing ex­cel­lent at un­earthing and de­vel­op­ing new tal­ent.

“What I think Fen­wick needs to do at this point in time is to bring in fresh blood in the team and do away with some of the old play­ers. He will al­so need to en­sure that he gets the for­eign-based play­ers to toe the line, which will en­cour­age the oth­ers to fol­low,” Mul­raine said.

He de­scribed Fen­wick as a very good coach de­fen­sive­ly, who likes to have pace in his at­tack.

“For many years, our prob­lem has been our de­fence. We have been mak­ing many blun­ders in the de­fence, caus­ing us to con­cede a lot of soft goals, so I be­lieve Fen­wick should do well in that area,” he said.

Fen­wick, who was over­looked back in 2016 for the top coach­ing job as the TTFA went with Lawrence, was this time cho­sen ahead of a num­ber of top in­ter­na­tion­al coach­es, in­clud­ing Eng­land’s Si­mon Mc Men­e­my, Stephen Con­stan­tine and Pe­ter Tay­lor, by the new TTFA Tech­ni­cal Com­mit­tee head­ed by Kei­th Look Loy.

Mean­while, for­mer North East Stars, FC San­ta Rosa and na­tion­al coach Derek King, who now plies his trade with Cana­di­an Pre­mier League club Hal­i­fax Wan­der­ers, along­side an­oth­er for­mer T&T coach Stephen Hart, was yes­ter­day named as Fen­wick’s as­sis­tant. It is un­der­stood King was ac­tu­al­ly cho­sen by Fen­wick and the TTFA board will have to rat­i­fy his se­lec­tion at its next meet­ing in ear­ly Jan­u­ary.

McMenemy - hell no

Constantine - nope

Peter Taylor - interesting but still skeptical

Fenwick would still have been my choice

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 22, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »
Constantine was the only interesting one for me - he did a job at India.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #948 on: December 23, 2019, 05:45:47 AM »
Constantine was the only interesting one for me - he did a job at India.

He improved their ranking but wasn’t that his second time and he failed with other African teams? Plus he never took them to the World Cup..

I think the only thing he did was improve their ranking...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 24, 2019, 07:11:28 AM »
Yup. Interesting, but Fenwick definitely the best option for me.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 24, 2019, 04:32:38 PM »

Alternative facts, nah.

"Alternative facts" don't change anything,he is out and was no bloody good.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 25, 2019, 03:06:18 AM »
Its sad to see a country like Trinidad that has a Latin culture always hiring a bunch of English coach's I guess they will never get it right.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 25, 2019, 07:37:11 AM »
Its sad to see a country like Trinidad that has a Latin culture always hiring a bunch of English coach's I guess they will never get it right.

Fenwick is ah Trini.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 25, 2019, 07:40:18 AM »
He came, he conquered all... He earned it!!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 25, 2019, 08:03:32 AM »

Ffsback, while some aspects of our culture have survived, we are anglophile to the core.  How many of us go to SA to work and study. Very few. How often TT does play Ven.? 10 times? I am not sure, but not very often. This may change with the influx of Ven. Spanish and French should be compulsory again in high school.  As a matter of fact, it should start in primary school.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:31:51 AM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 25, 2019, 10:06:29 AM »
this trinidad is Latin bullshit.........we went world cup under pragmatism and direct play....and people still tooting this fantasy......steups
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 25, 2019, 10:37:19 AM »
this trinidad is Latin bullshit.........we went world cup under pragmatism and direct play....and people still tooting this fantasy......steups

That does not render pragmatism and direct play a permanent or exclusive recipe. Pragmatism should always have a role and direct play is a useful expedient, but we need to become comfortable with, and steeped in, the subtleties of the game.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 25, 2019, 10:46:53 AM »

That does not render pragmatism and direct play a permanent or exclusive recipe. Pragmatism should always have a role and direct play is a useful expedient, but we need to become comfortable with, and steeped in, the subtleties of the game.

that's not my point, I feel we overestimate our powers based on a generation of players that have now left us and affinity for a style of play that for the time being has gone beyond us, if we get touch, passing, movement and ball progression down again we can move on, til then start simple and no I not advocating long ball, more like fast build up play, similar to what d U.S does beat we ass consistently with and then after we solid, add yuh Latin seasonings and taste makers and ting :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:29:14 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 25, 2019, 11:30:28 AM »
Latin seasoning  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 25, 2019, 12:14:13 PM »
I agree with you to some extent here but affordability was a hey factor. My main thing is what is his style of play/philosophy, hopefully it's not the typical English brand from the 80's & 90's.

1]; } ?>