March 28, 2024, 06:44:54 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226008 times)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1020 on: January 04, 2020, 04:03:21 PM »
I'm patiently waiting on the first interview with the new manager.
C'mon Flex, Tallman or Lasana do your best  ;D

Did he do a national press conference as yet ?

Nah he hasn't.

He’s waiting to finalize terms with the TTFA. Whatever that means
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 06, 2020, 05:20:42 PM »
WATCH: Men's Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick addressed the media for the first time today at a Press Conference held at the National Cycling Velodrome Press Room in Couva

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CmDuxUqDhmg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CmDuxUqDhmg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 06, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
The man should be a preacher not  a politician.

Now you Trinis have brought back British  I wish you get the success you Trinis hope for..

I would.. in all sincerity ..like to see Trinidad and Tobago do well...qualify for the world cup and so forth...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 06, 2020, 09:03:50 PM »
The substance of the media interaction speaks for itself and the proof will be in the pudding. There will be enough time for pronouncements on the substance. Meanwhile, I want to focus on procedure and to congratulate Shaun and the TTFA for having a media conference with proper acoustics. It's been a long time coming. :applause:

Now we just need the media to ask appropriately thoughtful questions. MATT may need to do some training regarding media conferences.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:05:32 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 06, 2020, 09:12:47 PM »
The substance of the media interaction speaks for itself and the proof will be in the pudding. There will be enough time for pronouncements on the substance. Meanwhile, I want to focus on procedure and to congratulate Shaun and the TTFA for having a media conference with proper acoustics. It's been a long time coming. :applause:

Now we just need the media to ask appropriately thoughtful questions. MATT may need to do some training regarding media conferences.

:thumbsup:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 06, 2020, 09:17:37 PM »

Now you Trinis have brought back British  I wish you get the success you Trinis hope for..

I would.. in all sincerity ..like to see Trinidad and Tobago do well...qualify for the world cup and so forth...

"You Trinis" ...  ::) OK.

Wham, yuh battling a religious conversion or yuh want to turn in yuh passport? That midnight in August '62 gone.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:20:32 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 06, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »
Some start to sharpen they pooyah. Look, just chill out and let's see how it works out for the first couple of games.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1027 on: January 07, 2020, 12:41:48 AM »

Where’s the gripe?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 07, 2020, 01:03:46 AM »

Happy New Year, Breds. He has 20 years experience in TT. He is not the "typical" English coach. To say that he is not influenced by the Trini-Caribbean culture is a bit disingenuous. But again, let's see what new he will bring to the  table. I wish him well. Verity, Porterfield and Lang were very good English coaches. So this time around it may well worth the while.                   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 01:08:02 AM by Deeks »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 07, 2020, 06:09:19 AM »
Truely this is like a breath of fresh air...and worth its wait
All the best coach...hope all the pieces of the puzzle come together...and quickly...in corporation...to uplift our game that has been destroyed...bless up

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 07, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »
Man that press conference said all the right things. I'm starting to be optimistic!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick: ‘We need to bring some new blood in’
« Reply #1031 on: January 07, 2020, 11:11:21 AM »
Fenwick: ‘We need to bring some new blood in’
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

NEWLY-APPOINTED national senior men’s football coach, Terry Fenwick, believes TT can change its shabby run of form by placing great emphasis on well-structured youth development programmes and sourcing new talents.

Fenwick made this revelation during his first press conference as head coach, at the National Cycling Centre, Couva, on Monday. According to the veteran sport administrator, the indoctrination of athlete professionalism, at a tender age, plays a key role in returning TT to the top ranks of regional football.

However, the former English Football League player admitted success will not come overnight and TT has a lot of ground work to do.

“I’m looking at international players that have got TT parentage and (are) playing at decent levels around the world. A number of players have (been) identified. I think we need to bring some new blood in just to show that we have got that quality. We can’t cure everything as quickly as we would like but if we work together, everybody, it will all come together,” he said.

Fenwick drew reference to regional teams such as Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras, who, after four and five years of development, have now gotten the general mass of their national representatives playing overseas at a higher competitive level.

He strongly believes the implementation of a professional structure and organisation of local players in their early teens will have a significant long-term impact for the overall development of young professionals in TT senior football.

“In TT, we are miles away from that (breeding young professionals). Kids are playing in the college league until they’re 20. Twenty is too late to move on and find a career in football. We’ve got to address our local game absolutely, but we’ve got to get our kids to that standard of football. They must be professionals by age 15,” added the ex-England national.

The 60-year-old coach also indicated the TT Pro League is only a fair source of unearthing local talent. With the domestic competition running just three to four months for the year, Fenwick hinted this would also be a factor contributing to unfit senior players. According to him, TT have lost its competitive dignity within the region especially since our recent demotion to the second division of Concacaf.

Fenwick,however, is willing to face his challenges head on and and get down to work, rebuilding the team from scratch and from the youth level. He remains certain TT’s progression must be a team effort intent on achieving the same goal.

“At the end of the day this is for TT,” he continued. “I want myself and the nation to be successful. I want the kids playing in the big leagues around the world but that only happens if we put the right development plans down, the right structures in place, get the right people, to run these developments, so we can galvanise the youngsters we have got. I’ve been working in developmental football for 20 years with Jabloteh, Central FC and Football Factory. I still need all the help I can get.”

The former Tottenham Hotspurs defender reiterated the importance of playing TT’s own brand of football and moving away from copying the styles of other nations. He believes TT need to play the “style that suits us”.

Having been overlooked on multiple occasions for the national coaching job, Fenwick was not bothered. This allowed him the ability to observe TT’s decline from an external perspective and draw his own conclusions as a coach.

“I think the past administration, they were playing the style of football that clearly didn’t work and it sticks out like a sore thumb with the results we’ve seen. I’ve got to change that. We’ve got a possible Gold Cup and World Cup competitions coming up. At the moment, they’re miles off of that. So I’ve got to address it quickly, look at the players that I’ve got, bring in who I have from outside so I can merge them together and produce a side to get us back to winning ways,” he stated.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 08, 2020, 03:53:15 PM »
Let me remind folks that Gally said most of What Fenwick is saying. We need our own style.
 Whatever that is in 2020. Enjoy the ride and Hope is what we must believe in.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 08, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »
All the best Fenwick, I'm starting to feel optimistic as well :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:09:53 AM by soccerman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 10, 2020, 03:39:20 PM »
WATCH: One on One with Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Terry Fenwick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kGfHf153Bhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kGfHf153Bhc</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 10, 2020, 07:06:17 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago are now doing what they should have done at least 10 years ago,you have a man who has played at the highest level for his country and that man has achieved so much in Trinidad,what were you all waiting for,Latapy a very good fballer but knows very little about coaching so to did DL.Prior to those 2 you also had some 4th raters doing the job,what a sick administration they should be sent to serve time in Carera for bringing our game into disrepute.Just listen to T.F and you know he knows all that there is to know from top to bottom.It took so much crap to happen to our football before yall give the man the job.Let's hope for a change although it could be a slow process.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 11, 2020, 09:57:20 AM »
Fenwick might be forced to miss a lot of meetings ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 11, 2020, 11:01:16 AM »
Fenwick might be forced to miss a lot of meetings ;D

;D

And hoarding jet skis.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:03:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 12, 2020, 01:57:10 PM »
WATCH: Men's Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick addressed the media for the first time today at a Press Conference held at the National Cycling Velodrome Press Room in Couva

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CmDuxUqDhmg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CmDuxUqDhmg</a>
TT in some big trouble now!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 12, 2020, 02:12:52 PM »
ffisback, why so?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 12, 2020, 03:15:44 PM »
I want to know how he think we NOW in trouble??
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 12, 2020, 03:43:23 PM »
I want to know how he think we NOW in trouble??
no more 70s "latin" ball
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1042 on: January 12, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »

TT in some big trouble now!!

So we weren’t in trouble with DL and the dictator ?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

You’re a friggin fool

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 12, 2020, 04:33:39 PM »
ffisback, why so?
According to what he is saying he is going to do what Lincoln Phillip and Randy Waldrum was doing to TT woman football that's not good for the development of football in TT.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1044 on: January 12, 2020, 04:37:38 PM »
ffisback, why so?
According to what he is saying he is going to do what Lincoln Phillip and Randy Waldrum was doing to TT woman football that's not good for the development of football in TT.

You’re making no sense....

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 12, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »
I disagree with building a team with players who have TT passports .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 12, 2020, 09:18:44 PM »

What sort of passports should they get?  :devil:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 12, 2020, 09:27:47 PM »

Brazilian passports I feel. Or at least some kinda Latin lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 12, 2020, 10:03:58 PM »

Brazilian passports I feel. Or at least some kinda Latin lol

I don't agree fully with ffisback, but I too feel that we should not look chiefly to the diaspora for quality but try to shape quality here too in equally aggressive manner, if not more so, responded to Tallman on a facebook post re d U15s some months ago during dat messy tourny DJW and crew organize

The local pool being inadequate is cop out in my opinion, why can't we do proper speed drills, introduce a nutritionist and proper strength and endurance sessions with these boys, they have fair foundation, it jus handicapped by these same development issues that have hampered us for decades, no ah not rejecting d diaspora, ah just saying - we play football at d same tempo "little or none" - fix dat. We place no emphasis on fitness endurance and nutrition - fix dat. D coaches should be mulling over dem game footage right now identifying dem ting...but guess what...ah sure it not going to happen....start doing pre game, in game and post game oppo analysis, to fix issues and understand present and future opponents, we football exist in a 70s-80s time warp with some ah dem coach we using, so guess what...ah sure it not going to happen. again ah not saying reject d diaspora, but this is 2019 it have nuff freely available info on preparing youth for modern football, why we not recognizing dat we are behind....WAY BEHIND.....in football development processes.....WHY!!!!

I too don't want us to be only seeking quality from outside at d expense of finding potential here, they exist, just isn't getting proper development ATM.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:07:08 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 13, 2020, 12:31:37 AM »
How about while we fixing and developing locally now for the future, we recognize and utilize those that already has that foundation and developmental structure now, irregardless of wherever in the world they might be. Won't the tomorrow, quarterly, yearly and future be covered ?
Things like that do not get fixed overnight, and we have events coming up shortly. Plenty work, lot's of analsis and decision making, yet it seems the admin and support(Socawarriors.net included) up for it. Lots of volunteers seem ready to assist, won't strain the finances more than unusual. The football won't be  resuscitated for a few years anyway.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:35:01 AM by maxg »

1]; } ?>