March 29, 2024, 09:13:55 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226216 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1080 on: March 03, 2020, 04:21:31 AM »
I agree on the introduction youth, referencing the SSFL is a SMNT source simply solidifies my view dat we have an inflated view of local football and its player products, can an SSFL player make d NT yes, should he make said NT playing basic SSFL ball hell no, dat player needs to show d ability to level up, big time, this why I say the local football needs to be fixed or we will have a whole lot of disgruntled people when d foreign based and diaspora offspring inevitably starts rolling in and locals can't see a route because they can't or won't adapt to a faster game. I know my people and we see same said play off with Hart already

Agreed, SSFL players need to be tried and tested in the Pro League, such that it is...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 03, 2020, 10:07:11 AM »
I agree on the introduction youth, referencing the SSFL is a SMNT source simply solidifies my view dat we have an inflated view of local football and its player products, can an SSFL player make d NT yes, should he make said NT playing basic SSFL ball hell no, dat player needs to show d ability to level up, big time, this why I say the local football needs to be fixed or we will have a whole lot of disgruntled people when d foreign based and diaspora offspring inevitably starts rolling in and locals can't see a route because they can't or won't adapt to a faster game. I know my people and we see same said play off with Hart already

Agreed, SSFL players need to be tried and tested in the Pro League, such that it is...
even the pro league needs fixing though it will be a start, I was making this very point above and people kept viewing it as some kind local bias or phobic response to scouting the diaspora, it simply isn't, what I want is measures put in place to one day have locals be naturally equipped to handle higher level football, look we just recently had another SSFL export being "surprised" at the speed at which all things football must be done at "outside" and dat is US college ball.

My point is has always been:
Bring our local footballer to a place dat d speed of the game @ NT or foreign club level cease to be a "surprise".

I want d best players to be selected regardless, I jus want d one who in trini to be given d tools and info to be in contention  and not be confused and angry dat dem living here and can't get pick because there levels aren't where it should be.

Perception can be deceptive and there are many who perceive local ballers to be on certain levels that they truly are not. 

I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 03, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
What would also help is a school's league limiting the age to school children, rather than adults..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 03, 2020, 04:23:49 PM »
What is the age limit? Not U-19?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 05, 2020, 03:53:57 AM »
Theoretically, but even U19 would include adults playing 15/16 year olds.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 05, 2020, 06:31:27 AM »
Tink d age thing is circumvented by enrolling repeaters and 'A level students fyzo comp get ban for registration to A levels players that did not make the required CXC passes for CAPE/GCE
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 05, 2020, 08:02:24 AM »
Tink d age thing is circumvented by enrolling repeaters and 'A level students fyzo comp get ban for registration to A levels players that did not make the required CXC passes for CAPE/GCE

Indeed, my comment was motivated by people suggesting to me 20 year olds were playing at one point.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 05, 2020, 12:50:01 PM »
Under very limited circumstances u can hit 20 doing A levels you shouldn't be able to enter at 20 though
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 05, 2020, 07:17:25 PM »
Theoretically, but even U19 would include adults playing 15/16 year olds.

Mind you, there are some 16 years who are physically and mentally mature to play first XI football.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 06, 2020, 04:01:16 AM »
True, but they are the exception not the rule - some of these schools will have 16 year olds with little hope and/or desire to make it professionally, and even some of the good players may not have the physicality to impose themselves on the game. If they don't get picked as a result, their skills deteriorate. This is why it's so important to have appropriate age-gating, with exceptions - otherwise we hamper the development of the many for the few.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1090 on: March 08, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »
Exclusive Terry Fenwick Interview: On taking Trinidad & Tobago back to winning ways | EXTV
ExtraTime Tv Release

Extra Time TV's Andre Sooklal sits down in a very frank discussion with former Tottenham, Queens Park Rangers and England man Terry Fenwick.

Terry has recently been appointed the coach of the Trinidad & Tobago men's national team and  is now tasked with attempting to restore the team from one of its lowest moments in History.  Andre and Terry go deep into conversation about what he plans to do!

Video: - Exclusive Terry Fenwick Interview: On taking Trinidad & Tobago back to winning ways | EXTV

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:28:41 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 08, 2020, 12:59:16 PM »
Exclusive Terry Fenwick Interview: On taking Trinidad & Tobago back to winning ways | EXTV
ExtraTime Tv Release

Extra Time TV's Andre Sooklal sits down in a very frank discussion with former Tottenham, Queens Park Rangers and England man Terry Fenwick.

Terry has recently been appointed the coach of the Trinidad & Tobago men's national team and  is now tasked with attempting to restore the team from one of its lowest moments in History.  Andre and Terry go deep into conversation about what he plans to do!

Video: - Exclusive Terry Fenwick Interview: On taking Trinidad & Tobago back to winning ways | EXTV

:applause: :applause:

Allyuh doh call the coach "Terry the Trini" eh. Sooklal might sue.

The one thing I fraid with Terry and our starboys. They might be to big for bouff. Terry passion and straight talk might come sometimes come across as such. I think Terry means well, but as he said, it's TT, things don't move to fast. Neither Success or Failure. Although I do seriously think that more efficient approach is absolutely necessary and immediately required, in all aspects of society. Well he show his card, is it up the potentials to show theirs.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:27:42 PM by maxg »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
When is Fenwick going to actually do something?
« Reply #1092 on: March 10, 2020, 02:00:54 AM »
No training... very little details about scouting and which players are coming..

Other than Lasana saying Fenwick was arguing with look Loy about the passport status of de Leon, inniss, Moore and powder.. is ranjitsingh finally our new keeper?

The lack of info is troubling to be honest...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When is Fenwick going to actually do something?
« Reply #1093 on: March 10, 2020, 02:48:51 AM »
It'll all come out in the wash for the Canada game. He stated in his press conference he sees his role wider than just picking players - I imagine he's having lots of discussions with the coaching staff, youth teams, and scouting teams.

I figure some of the stuff coming from Wallace has the finger marks of Fenwick on.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 10, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »
Patience is required. I know people are anxious but I think we just need a lil patience. All should be revealed in a week or two. I myself am excited to see what changes are being made. Question tho, has Ranjitsingh been playing?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »
Patience people. And everything maybe mute with this virus. Lots of international games maybe have to be cancelled if authorities don’t get a grip on it.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 10, 2020, 09:08:50 AM »
Patience is required. I know people are anxious but I think we just need a lil patience. All should be revealed in a week or two. I myself am excited to see what changes are being made. Question tho, has Ranjitsingh been playing?

Ranjitsingh was very active in pre-season with Minnesota, but has not been in the squad for the first two games because he had to go to Montreal to sort out his green card.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 10, 2020, 09:15:49 PM »

Ranjitsingh was very active in pre-season with Minnesota, but has not been in the squad for the first two games because he had to go to Montreal to sort out his green card.
okay thank you. Cut i find it strange he hasn't made a match day squad

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1098 on: March 11, 2020, 05:48:43 AM »
Fenwick must apologise to Technical Committee.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

A re­quest by Brent San­cho, a mem­ber of the Board of Di­rec­tors of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion, to be able to take im­por­tant doc­u­ments out of the of­fice of the TTFA to do an in-depth study, was de­nied.

Mean­while, TTFA pres­i­dent William Wal­lace had to in­ter­vene to quell a heat­ed dis­agree­ment be­tween na­tion­al foot­ball coach Ter­ry Fen­wick and mem­bers of the Tech­ni­cal Com­mit­tee on Mon­day in what has a dra­mat­ic 48 hours in lo­cal foot­ball.

San­cho, a for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er and man­ag­ing di­rec­tor of Cen­tral FC, in a let­ter writ­ten to William Wal­lace, the pres­i­dent of the TTFA and copied to oth­er mem­bers of the Board, said, "Deny­ing mem­bers the abil­i­ty to take doc­u­men­ta­tion out­side of the walls of the TTFA is in breach and im­pedes my abil­i­ty to per­form my du­ties."

The let­ter, writ­ten last Sat­ur­day, al­so called for all in­for­ma­tion to be made avail­able to him via email or hard copy by Tues­day.

When con­tact­ed by Guardian Me­dia Sports Wal­lace said: "The in­for­ma­tion was pro­vid­ed to him on Sat­ur­day af­ter the meet­ing, and I al­so told him that the oth­er things are in the of­fice if he so de­sired he can go and read."

Wal­lace made it clear that the Board ruled in a meet­ing that mem­bers can on­ly pe­ruse key in­for­ma­tion at the of­fice but can­not leave with it. "Es­pe­cial­ly key in­for­ma­tion such as con­tracts can be looked at and read, but it must re­main in the of­fice of the TTFA."

How­ev­er, San­cho took se­ri­ous of­fence to this, say­ing study­ing le­gal doc­u­ments such as con­tracts etc must re­quire the ser­vices of his le­gal rep­re­sen­ta­tive, as he is not a lawyer.

He be­lieves the move is one tak­en to pre­vent trans­paren­cy and ac­count­abil­i­ty and re­ferred to a court judge­ment last year be­tween Kei­th Look Loy, the T&T Su­per League rep­re­sen­ta­tive to the TTFA Board, and then pres­i­dent of the TTFA David John-Williams in which he (Look Loy) stat­ed that all doc­u­men­ta­tion should be made avail­able to di­rec­tors in or­der for them to make in­formed de­ci­sions and per­form his/her du­ties to the best of their abil­i­ty.

San­cho al­so took a swipe at the foot­ball pres­i­dent, say­ing in­for­ma­tion giv­en to the pub­lic in a re­cent Guardian re­port that doc­u­ments from the Caribbean Chem­i­cals con­tract were pre­sent­ed to the Board, was un­true.

Fen­wick storms out meet­ing

Mean­while, Wal­lace was forced to hold talks with both Fen­wick and mem­bers of the tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee af­ter a heat­ed meet­ing, led to the for­mer (Fen­wick) storm­ing out.

The lo­cal foot­ball boss told Guardian Me­dia Sports: "From all re­ports I got, from di­rect and from what I read, was that the meet­ing got heat­ed. In all Board­room some­times it gets heat­ed, but it is not some­thing we can't deal with. What­ev­er it is, I spoke to both par­ties and that will be tak­en care of."

The com­mit­tee, which is be­ing led by Tech­ni­cal Chair­man Yale An­toine, in an im­me­di­ate re­sponse, called on the coach to apol­o­gise for his be­hav­iour via a for­mal apol­o­gy, as well as ac­knowl­edge that the con­tents of the meet­ing are of a con­fi­den­tial na­ture that ought not to be shared with the pub­lic or any oth­er unau­tho­rised per­sons.

The com­mit­tee al­so called on Fen­wick to sub­mit a for­mal doc­u­ment, de­tail­ing a de­vel­op­men­tal plan, in­clud­ing all af­fairs of the Se­nior Men's Na­tion­al team re­lat­ing to Project 2026 by March 16: Sub­mit a pro­pos­al for the Se­nior Team for the pe­ri­od be­yond April 2020 that would in­clude ex­pect­ed train­ing sched­ule and in­ter­na­tion­al friend­lies: In­form him that a meet­ing of all the T&T Pro League team own­ers or of­fi­cers, has been sched­uled to dis­cuss train­ing for an all-lo­cal team.

An­toine al­so called on Fen­wick to sup­ply an up­dat­ed ros­ter of play­ers for the Cana­da friend­ly match, not­ing that not all the play­ers on the cur­rent list can par­tic­i­pate.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 11, 2020, 09:51:38 AM »
ffs, all-ready ?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1100 on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:45 AM »
Kei­th Look Loy and Terry Fenwick both have valid points/reason.

Fenwick wants him alone to contact foreign players because he is the head coach but Look Loy decided to contact a couple (Moore & Deleon) because he knows their father very well and did so without letting Fenwick know. But his intentions were good.

Richard Piper apparently is dragging his feet as far as passport goes.

Noah Powder should have a passport because he played for T&T at youth level, unless it expired.

Hope they patch things up and get along with business because they started off very good.

Let everyone do their jobs they were hired for and if for some reason they need help, then of course you seek it from the other members.

They have to work as a team and respect each other position.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:22:46 AM by Flex »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 11, 2020, 11:39:22 AM »
Thanks Flex. Not as serious as I thought. Best to get duties clear sooner rather than later. However, Fenwick sometimes volatile responses scare me.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 11, 2020, 11:52:38 AM »
What else is new with these people. I’ve often said it and I’ll say it again, trinidad is a commess bachanal disruptive country where their brains are too big for their own good. and just look at the egos on this board, Brent sancho? Keith lok loy? and terry fenwick who’s a total hot head in the mix? in all honesty i’m not very optimistic that this arrangement would last past three games in succession.

don’t know why WW got this asshole brent sancho involved on his team for, that bloke is poison times ten and is always embroiled in some unnecessary conflicts that helps no one. I dunno how to feel about this ATM. it’s too frickin early for this shite. fingers crossed.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1103 on: March 11, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »
Intentions may be good, but 'I know they father,' probably is a departure from standards and legitimate gripe.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:12:13 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1104 on: March 11, 2020, 01:17:07 PM »

Fenwick wants him alone to contact foreign players because he is the head coach but Look Loy decided to contact a couple (Moore & Deleon) because he knows their father very well and did so without letting Fenwick know. But his intentions were good.

Noah Powder should have a passport because he played for T&T at youth level, unless it expired.

Hope they patch things up and get along with business because they started off very good.

Let everyone do their jobs they were hired for and if for some reason they need help, then of course you seek it from the other members.

Piper sounds like he lapsing which would upset any coach but there needs to be a streamlined approach, why is multiple people speaking to the players? Yes I understand it’s their father, but a simple, are they playing by look Loy and then he could say, well Fenwick and the player liaison etc will handle it, has to be a more professional approach than what I’m hearing... too many egos and not being humble ...

In TT there are too many know it alls who do nothing and chiefs and not enough Indians... the players liaison needs to be a workhorse not a bureaucrat ...

Passports should never be an issue, the govt should expedite this, it’s the national team..

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 11, 2020, 04:36:58 PM »
Sounds like there is no clearly defined roles and responsibilities. I know dey father is not a business reason except in Trinidad.
The TTFA seems to be moving too quick in an attempt to show action. Action is good but structure is also important.  You cannot hold people accountable if you don't have clearly defined roles (job description), followed by performance objectives and finally measuring results to evaluate performance.

I could see Fenwick being upset if it was his role to contact players but I will be highly surprised if there are clear guidelines on who does what.  So what you have is people with a big egos and others trying to help running around doing what they want. This leads to confusion, lack of trust, and a host of other issues which ultimately produce poor results. Imagine the impressions of these players. A simple task of contacting them the TTFA cant get right and they must commit to play for us?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 11, 2020, 05:05:25 PM »

Give Jack he jacket, we didn't have these passport issues under Jack Warner.

Piper need to f00cking rideout.

La Foucade look like a trouble maker.

Brent Sancho eh learn nothing from he minister of sports firing, you give this asshole a position and he eh know how to act.

In T&T is ah fight dong boy.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 12, 2020, 07:59:59 AM »

Agreed
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 12, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »

Roles should be identified but I think we should work with our strengths and senior members of the committee should be in a position to encourage foreign internationals players to pursue a passport if they have a connection with them or their family.

It's a matter of making them eligible for selection and widening our player pool. Then it's up to the coaching staff to select who they want based on game(s) and player performance. All players should know that they're not guaranteed selection just because they possess a T&T passport.

I do think everything should be transparent and it don't have to be the coaches job to solely contact foreign internationals.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 12, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »

Roles should be identified but I think we should work with our strengths and senior members of the committee should be in a position to encourage foreign internationals players to pursue a passport if they have a connection with them or their family.

It's a matter of making them eligible for selection and widening our player pool. Then it's up to the coaching staff to select who they want based on game(s) and player performance. All players should know that they're not guaranteed selection just because they possess a T&T passport.

I do think everything should be transparent and it don't have to be the coaches job to solely contact foreign internationals.
I kinda agree, otherwise we don't need scouts and contacts. Yet it must be clearly defined. Didn't Lawrence speak to Birchall ?

1]; } ?>