March 28, 2024, 12:37:13 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226061 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2020, 09:43:09 AM »
Fenwick utilises e-scouting during corona downtime.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (Newsday).

NATIONAL MEN’S football team coach, Terry Fenwick, has issued an open call to local and internationally-based footballers with T&T parentage to submit video presentations of their skills and/or academic certifications in an effort scout new talent during the sport’s unavoidable downtime – the global covid19 pandemic.

In a short video via the TT Football Association (TTFA) YouTube page, Fenwick urged players/administrators through all age groups and divisions of the sport to contact him via WhatsApp or email.

Upon receipt of the information, the English-born coach, alongside his small team of experienced assistants, will view and evaluate these submissions and then make contact with the applicant to provide feedback.

According to the former San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC coach, with the majority of countries enforcing social distancing and implementing stay-at-home measures, players can use their time to creatively showcase their varying talents for the greater betterment and holistic development of T&T football.

“Listen you guys out there, from around the world (and) not just the twin-island of T&T, you guys with parentage outside there (globally) that are good enough, got the skill-sets, the mentality, toughness, discipline to contribute to T&T national football teams, now is the time to step up,” he said.

“Whatever you’ve got; cv, videos, send them to me. WhatsApp, email (messages); shoot them to me so my coaches and I can have a look and we’ll come back to you. It’s a great opportunity, despite the terrible virus. Let’s make the most of it. Good luck,” Fenwick added.

The ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Queen’s Park Rangers defender also revealed he would be regularly recording and publishing videos on different training techniques and other drills which potential footballers should be practising at home during the downtime.

At Fenwick’s first public address as national men’s coach on January 7, he insisted T&T would be able bounce back from its drop in competitive form if great emphasis is placed on well-structured youth development programmes and creating newer avenues for unearthing fresh talents.

He believes there is no limitation in the search to bring rejuvenated faces to the national forefront and admitted that T&T needed to use this time to enhance its talent pool post-coronavirus, in preparation for the new football season.

“Now is the time to start getting yourself fit and practice your skill sets. Over the next weeks, you’ll be seeing me punching skill sets out here, things that you should be practising at home. Alongside that, Ozzy Birchall, my trainer will also give you fitness and technique with different exercises to do at home. Do your stuff, keep yourself fit, keep yourself out of trouble, do what you can for you and your family, stay away from other people, let’s get ready for football coming back,” Fenwick concluded.

WATCH: Soca Warriors head coach Terry Fenwick delivers a COVID-19 isolation message and a call for T&T eligible players to reach out to him and make themselves available.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0_H-7kTAMjM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0_H-7kTAMjM</a>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:26:10 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick: TTFA/FIFA fiasco affecting young players
« Reply #1111 on: May 09, 2020, 09:17:25 AM »
Fenwick: TTFA/FIFA fiasco affecting young players
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

NATIONAL men’s football team coach Terry Fenwick said there is too much negativity currently surrounding local football and not enough attention is being paid to the footballers.

The former TTFA executive, led by William Wallace, is currently fighting FIFA on its decision to take over the running of TT football on March 17.

FIFA appointed a normalisation committee, led by local businessman Robert Hadad, to run local football for a maximum period of 24 months.

The main responsibility of the normalisation committee is to reduce the debt facing the TTFA, which is said to be $50 million.

The former TTFA executive is appealing FIFA’s decision by taking the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Speaking to the media at the opening of the refurbished Police Barracks football ground on Friday, Fenwick said during the covid19 pandemic he is continuing to scout new talent.

The national coach however, said all the off-field issues can be distracting.

“What hasn’t helped (during the covid19) is all the negative press that we have seen and that is all the politics that has been played out with the TTFA and the normalisation committee now. It is not good for football. We are ignoring the youngsters on the ground that want to play football, we are devastating what their love is and we have to get back to that.”

Fenwick continued, “FIFA is our governing body, we’ve got to listen to them (and) that is where we get our funding from and, with all due respect, we are technical. We are about bringing positives to the table, coaching players, girls and boys, bring them from their communities into a national area where they could be proud of what they are achieving and proud for their families and communities. All of this negativity we are reading at the moment and seeing in the media generally is not good for the game, it is not good for the youngsters of TT. We’ve got to turn that around quick.”

Fenwick is concerned that if the former TTFA executive wins the case against FIFA, the world governing body will stop funding local football.

Asked if he supports Hadad, Fenwick said, “I have come in under William Wallace, who is a nice man, a good man but FIFA has made a decision, nobody else. FIFA has brought Robert Hadad in and I am sticking by that because that is what we have been asked to do.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 09, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »
Coach- look stay out of the politics- focus on motivating and coaching players.  Players will follow the directives and mandate of the coach not the politics of TTFA and FIFA

As a player you striving and training with a mental mindset to be the best - you can't focus on crap that is out of your control.

Coach doh star making e causes for failure when yuh eh coach one game yet,

You should be scouting communicating and advising potential talent on honing their skills and training for when the time comes to play

Yuh fak with all the bs and it's time  ah coach just focus on the beautiful game we could have here in T&T

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 10, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »
Fenwick is out of his lane. His private opinion ought not be inserted into this matter.  That's the essence of recognizing one's role as a coach in a NT set-up: stick to technical matters barring a narrow range of exceptions (none of which are present here). His comments can only be construed as being part of the chorus of the 'Wallace drop it' pressure group and that isn't proper form in Fenwick's role as MNT coach. There's a process that's recognized by FIFA as a process.  The TTFA executive have submitted to that process. Let the process redress itself.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 10, 2020, 12:45:03 PM »
The irony of this, is that the same TTFA team picked him to coach to the team.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 10, 2020, 01:23:41 PM »
Fenwick is out of his lane. His private opinion ought not be inserted into this matter.  That's the essence of recognizing one's role as a coach in a NT set-up: stick to technical matters barring a narrow range of exceptions (none of which are present here). His comments can only be construed as being part of the chorus of the 'Wallace drop it' pressure group and that isn't proper form in Fenwick's role as MNT coach. There's a process that's recognized by FIFA as a process.  The TTFA executive have submitted to that process. Let the process redress itself.
You must admit, This highway never had regular lane markers anyway and 2. Fenwick was never one to stick to nobody lane, why there was always 'hmmm' in selecting him in the past. Besides the fact that this Viral situation have everybody and he brother (&sister ), even dey mother - well mine anyway) on edge. Imagine yuh finally get the job yuh wanted for over 25 years, yuh doh have much time left, and not just the usual Trini bs, but full world thing preventing yuh from doing it.... Frigged up Encounters of the 19th kind.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 10, 2020, 04:13:29 PM »
You must admit, This highway never had regular lane markers anyway and 2. Fenwick was never one to stick to nobody lane, why there was always 'hmmm' in selecting him in the past. Besides the fact that this Viral situation have everybody and he brother (&sister ), even dey mother - well mine anyway) on edge. Imagine yuh finally get the job yuh wanted for over 25 years, yuh doh have much time left, and not just the usual Trini bs, but full world thing preventing yuh from doing it.... Frigged up Encounters of the 19th kind.

Those are fair points and I empathise with him,  particularly since he should have had the job ahead of the last head coach, but the job is the job. Curbing his enthusiasm will have to accompany waiting for the COVID curve to flatten. 

I was thrilled he got de wuk and I'm one of those persons who has been eagerly awaiting a Fenwick-King prepared NT taking to the field. My eagerness for that still stands.

Making those comments hasn't accelerated the outcome or improved the state of football, but it has gone some distance to stirring a pot he didn't need to stir. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick sets eyes players with T&T roots
« Reply #1117 on: May 11, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »
Fenwick sets eyes players with T&T roots
T&T Newsday

NATIONAL men’s senior football coach Terry Fenwick, in an attempt to increase this country’s pool of players, has been spending the covid19 downtime to scout players with T&T roots. He currently has 23 players on his radar that are eligible to represent T&T.

Fenwick has help from several former T&T footballers in the scouting process including Jason Scotland, Andre Boucaud and Chris Birchall.

Birchall and Boucaud can relate to the process that they are now supporting Fenwick with.

Birchall, who was born in England, was eligible to play for T&T because his mother was born in T&T. Birchall made 43 appearances for T&T between 2005 and 2013.

English-born Boucaud, who has 47 caps for T&T since making his debut in 2004, has T&T parents.

On the support he has been getting in the recruitment process, Fenwick said, “It has been overwhelming. I have had people from all around the world (helping me), my pores are raising as I am saying that. I have had people call me, e-mail me (and) they have got on all sorts of social media to get through to me and they are sending me names of players that we’ve absolutely chased and followed up.”

Fenwick was speaking to the media at the reopening of the Police Barracks football field, on Friday.

Fenwick, who was hired in December 2019, would like to be in training with his players but is using the downtime wisely.

“It has been a bit of a contradiction really because clearly it’s a nightmare for me as a coach when I want to be on the training field and getting my style of play in with players that we’ve got right here in T&T. On the flip side of that the coronavirus has given us more time because of all of the cancellations of games and tournaments.”

He said he has been able to discover more than 20 players with T&T roots.

“I have been able to get my fielders out there overseas to see what quality players have T&T parentage and we have actually come up with a list of 23 players that are knock-out. They are playing in good standards of football around the world so that has been a big plus.”

Fenwick said some of those players have represented other countries at youth level but are interested in playing for T&T now.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1118 on: May 18, 2020, 06:02:56 AM »
Fenwick: If Fifa withdraws funding, we crash! Local football in ‘lose lose’ scenario
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team coach Terry Fenwick has become the first technical staff member to share his thoughts on the power struggle at the helm of the local football association.

And the former England World Cup defender believes that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s technical programmes are in a ‘lose lose’ situation as president William Wallace battles Fifa for control of the local body.

On 17 March, the Bureau of the Fifa Council, which is led by Fifa president Gianni Infantino, decided to implement a normalisation committee in the twin island republic and simultaneously strip Wallace of his authority—just four months after he was elected TTFA president.

At present, Wallace is challenging the Fifa decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Fenwick was the first appointment of the Wallace-led administration, as he replaced Dennis Lawrence at the helm last December. And the former Portsmouth, San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC coach said Fifa has not given the current administration enough of a chance to show what it can do.

However, the Englishman suggested that he struggles to see a bright side in Wallace’s fight.

“I hear William Wallace [and] I am disappointed for him, because of how quick it was [that Fifa moved to get rid of him],” Fenwick told Wired868, “but I am looking at the ability of Trinidad and Tobago’s board of directors to raise funding for anything—I just can’t see it. Where does it go from here?

“If Fifa withdraws the funding, we crash anyway; and my first thought is not the politicians but the young kids who are striving to become national footballers.

“My concern is without Fifa funding there could be so many kids thrown under the bus. I can’t agree with that.”

Fenwick stopped short of saying, directly, whether he felt Wallace should withdraw his case.

“It is his decision to stop or continue the case,” said Fenwick. “Have they got the money to go to CAS? I don’t know. It will run its course.

“My side of the story is technical, to make the national team better again.”

Fenwick’s viewpoint, which he hinted at earlier to the Trinidad Newsday, brought a furious response from technical director chairman Keith Look Loy, who said the coach had no business talking about anything beyond his team.

“He is an employee of the TTFA and should not be commenting on executive matters as a general rule of ethics,” said Look Loy. “He is forbidden by the coach’s code of conduct and the media policy—both of which were aired, discussed and agreed at the two technical committee meetings that I chaired with national and regional coaches—from making public comments on general TTFA matters.

“He was present at both meetings.”

Fenwick is among roughly three dozen technical staff members who have not been paid since Wallace was elected president, due to Fifa’s decision to withhold funds from the TTFA.

At present, Fifa owes the TTFA US$2.5 million (TT$17 million), which represents their total annual entitlement under the Fifa Forward Programme. But Infantino and secretary general Fatma Samoura are stalling on making the payment, so as to ensure that it goes to normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad and not Wallace.

Fenwick is yet to hold his first training session as Pro League clubs were playing as many as three games per week between January and March while Covid-19 restrictions have made full-time workouts illegal since then.

However, Fenwick said he has been busy tracking down and building relationships with potential players while, last month, he started holding online training sessions with local players including Defence Force defender Curtis ‘Boyo’ Gonzales, Point Fortin Civic playmaker Tyrel ‘Pappy’ Emmanuel and AC Port of Spain attacking midfielder John-Paul Rochford.

“First and foremost, I’ve been chasing players down from around the world and keeping that communication up,” said Fenwick. “Even today I was on the phone with [Sheldon] Bateau, [Khaleem] Hyland, [Kevin] Molino, Nick De Leon, Levi Garcia and Ryan Inniss. I’m trying to keep regular relations with my players before they even hit the ground in Trinidad—some of whom were born abroad and were treated badly when they were last involved with the team.

“[…] Yesterday, I had the [local-based] guys doing their fitness session, which has been consistent for the last two to three weeks. They had their phones or laptops facing where they were doing the actions. Some of them have had chickens and everything going on in their back yards; and we have had a joke about it!”

Fenwick is waiting on clearance from the Ministry of Health to start full training sessions.

However, Look Loy made it clear that he did not appreciate Fenwick’s sentiments and will not forget them anytime soon.

“The court case is still to be settled [and] Wallace might win,” said the TTFA technical director. “How he became [senior men’s national team] coach [was because] I, Wallace and the elected officers fought for him to be appointed. We believed he was the best candidate—all factors, including finance considered.

“[Pro League chairman Brent] Sancho and others he is hobnobbing with now were against his appointment.

“Time longer than twine. He living here long enough to know that saying.”

Fenwick declined comment on Look Loy’s statements. However, Wired868 understands that the Englishman is currently pursuing legal action against Sancho due to a breach of contract while he was head coach at Central FC.

Up to the time of publication, Wallace could not be reached for comment.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 19, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
terry mate please hold your cards close to your chest instead of talking so much as usual, please stay clear of the media and hold your tongue and let the politicking to the politicians.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 10, 2020, 07:12:54 AM »
WATCH: An investigation into Terry Fenwick's football contract with the TTFA

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cdBnw_sbxog" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cdBnw_sbxog</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 10, 2020, 10:07:17 AM »
never ending never ending comess and confusion
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 10, 2020, 12:53:12 PM »
never ending never ending comess and confusion
Nah..Not possible dey couldn't fk up easy so. The whole breakdown and even the proposal is crazy, especially for an untested Ntl team coach. Same as Hart ? Hart had at least many years of Regional Ntl team experience. Then there are all the different level coaches to pay as well, and office staff, and players, in addition to some assholery rumour bout building complex in Arima( feel some deviant make up that too),  and yuh broke and 50 Million in debt ? Nah Sports Max making up thing. DJW and his cohorts  :rotfl: and supplying bad info to he bud at SportsMax.
 Wallace will straighten dem out.  How Lasana get out scooped with this ? Lawd. nah.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 10, 2020, 05:00:03 PM »
Ah whole lot of people wanted Fenwick for the job. Now he got the job, they find the cost too expensive. The man coaching in TT for 20 odd years and they saying that don't count? At the mean time, this new episode should be a wake up call for Terry. He dealing the snakes in the NC. Pure cobras and vipers.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 10, 2020, 05:52:52 PM »
Ah whole lot of people wanted Fenwick for the job. Now he got the job, they find the cost too expensive. The man coaching in TT for 20 odd years and they saying that don't count? At the mean time, this new episode should be a wake up call for Terry. He dealing the snakes in the NC. Pure cobras and vipers.

The level of monetization of the Pro League does not support any argument based exclusively on PL experience. In any event, reasonableness ought to permeate contractual terms.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:20:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: June 10, 2020, 05:55:46 PM »
Deeks. They had a right to tell Fenwick, “Later, with them salary demands”.
There was no money in hand for now and given the debt, for the future. They negotiate a regular, above regular salary, considering National experience, and yuh don’t have a pot to piss in. So how everyone else would be paid, with mangoes. And yuh dun promise Hart and Walkes, Latapy ( maybe even Jack too ) . So we woulda have to hire Randy to beg for we again ? Wallace doh realize BLM is for ourselves to respect too, not just for different races. I lost confidence right dey. Taking responsibility and blame might show yuh is a man, maybe even a good one, but doh mean yuh didn’t do shit. And given all that we have been through as far as football is concerned, it ain’t no end of the world. We have all kinda other issues for that, but yuh go choke yuhself and don’t even know.. to quote a fellow poster “Common man”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 10, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
This is a CLASS A f*ck up. And if it isn't exclusively an A-class muck up, it hadda be an A-class set-up considering Ramdhan's ubiquitous role and Fenwick's ambition.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 06:03:06 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 10, 2020, 07:53:14 PM »
Nah- dis eh normal- how d fac  yuh hire a head coach without any national head coaching experience dat kinda money?
 I would like to see what the average head coaching salary looks like? 17 k US $$$$
That is fracking bankruptcy- what  were the other coaches making?

What incentive is there for a head coach when the salary is already laden and on par with some CEOs?

What does a coach have to prove when he is already making top change? How is this salRy compared to DL?

How much was Beenieman's initial contract?  TF wanted this job so bad that surely the TTFA had nuff leverage to negotiate a more incremental laden contract based on incremental improvements by the team?

If they indeed  sanctioned this contract, then some heads need normalization.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 10, 2020, 08:45:15 PM »
Wallace doh realize BLM is for ourselves to respect too, not just for different races. I lost confidence right dey. Taking responsibility and blame might show yuh is a man, maybe

What BLM has to do with this?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 10, 2020, 08:59:40 PM »
You know if Wallace and company had bye pass Fenwick, you would have heard all kind of talk that TTFA bias against the man because he is of a different skin color, etc, etc. Terry is a Trini, not by birth. He has lived and coached here for a while. Where else he going to get a national team coaching job? He has waited his turn, and he finally got it. Look at all the coaches who got the chances to coach TT since 2006. Saint fait and Otto Pfister came out of  the blue and they both stunk. We had Reiberger, Maturana, Latas, Fevrier,, Hart, Lawrence. Why not TF? Because he white? All think TTFA getting a big name coach for anything less. Tell me who allyuh would have chosen to coach the team?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 10, 2020, 09:20:42 PM »
Wallace doh realize BLM is for ourselves to respect too, not just for different races. I lost confidence right dey. Taking responsibility and blame might show yuh is a man, maybe

BLM has to do with everything. It not just about equality and lack of  respectful treatment, and being alive. It's also about how we live. We cannot and should not be taken advantage of by Local or Foreign bodies.  Our young ppl, especially Black people (this includes both Afro and Indo Trini) should not only be just dependent on a food but they should be taught proper management,integrity, unity and of course comportment and behaviour. Someone don't put a paper in front of you and you sign. Someone don't give you moneys and you sell out your brother. Someone don't say take, hold this bauble and forget your neighbour and you hold. We need leaders to take hold and teach the next, how to keep our soul.
 Is Bachanal after bachanal the only things we can pass down. Black Lives and the way we live now and in the future must matter to us too. Our leaders today must recognize they have a responsibility to and for our leaders and followers of tomorrow. Mistakes like that, if true, have in the past and will always cost us dearly one way or another in the future. Who will be the next president and how will all this be resolved. It;'s not impossible but sets up a greater chance of failure, and regression back to some extrinsic dependent body (Massa).
Just a thought. Hope You see my point.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 10, 2020, 09:33:05 PM »
You know if Wallace and company had bye pass Fenwick, you would have heard all kind of talk that TTFA bias against the man because he is of a different skin color, etc, etc. Terry is a Trini, not by birth. He has lived and coached here for a while. Where else he going to get a national team coaching job? He has waited his turn, and he finally got it. Look at all the coaches who got the chances to coach TT since 2006. Saint fait and Otto Pfister came out of  the blue and they both stunk. We had Reiberger, Maturana, Latas, Fevrier,, Hart, Lawrence. Why not TF? Because he white? All think TTFA getting a big name coach for anything less. Tell me who allyuh would have chosen to coach the team?
Deeks. If  Fenwick didn't take the JOB because they had NO MONEY to pay Fenwick.  They won't have by passed him. They had NO MONEY to pay NOBODY. The bank account was seized, they inherited a debt of ~50 Million dollars. Even if they got the money to pay Fenwick, and very nice staff, they wouldn't have a penny to run a fete-match. Sponsorship might have just managed to pay the staff. 2 Mill US from Fifa wouldn't cut it. They needed volunteers, at least temporarily. Fenwick could have volunteer knowing the situation, he would be in, but he actually raised the price(or somebody did). He actually requested top dollar. Knowing our present situation, where Top Dollar was coming from ? They couldn't barely raise ah week salary to fight for what is right. Fenwick spend 20 years, 1 or 2 strain wouldn't have made a diffrence. But I'm not surprised that he asked, but how the fack they could say yes. They trying to make more court case ? And on top of that, yuh don't even verify the contract yuh signing. Because is Fennos ? If was Angus now ? Woulda be same everything ?

add: https://wired868.com/2020/06/10/wallace-we-are-trying-to-rectify-error-ttfa-president-tries-to-explain-secret-fenwick-contract/

https://wired868.com/2020/06/08/fenwick-restarts-national-training-with-griffiths-blessing-but-look-loy-and-ferguson-slam-exercise/

No wonder Latapy and Hart made the moves they did, requesting their debts be cleared immediately.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:59:34 PM by maxg »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 10, 2020, 10:42:29 PM »
What was DL contract? How much was he paid?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 11, 2020, 06:50:38 AM »

FIFA was paying his salary. DJW and infantino had that arrangement. Contro was correct on that point when he said that DJW was in FiFA(Infantino) pocket. The part about DL selling out the games is farfetched.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 11, 2020, 06:57:38 AM »

BLM has to do with everything. It not just about equality and lack of  respectful treatment, and being alive. It's also about how we live. We cannot and should not be taken advantage of by Local or Foreign bodies.  Our young ppl, especially Black people (this includes both Afro and Indo Trini) should not only be just dependent on a food but they should be taught proper management,integrity, unity and of course comportment and behaviour. Someone don't put a paper in front of you and you sign. Someone don't give you moneys and you sell out your brother. Someone don't say take, hold this bauble and forget your neighbour and you hold. We need leaders to take hold and teach the next, how to keep our soul.
 Is Bachanal after bachanal the only things we can pass down. Black Lives and the way we live now and in the future must matter to us too. Our leaders today must recognize they have a responsibility to and for our leaders and followers of tomorrow. Mistakes like that, if true, have in the past and will always cost us dearly one way or another in the future. Who will be the next president and how will all this be resolved. It;'s not impossible but sets up a greater chance of failure, and regression back to some extrinsic dependent body (Massa).
Just a thought. Hope You see my point.

maxg, your point is well taken. I agree. But I don't think BLM  has anything to do with this issue on hand. When people start adding all these greviances to  BLM, it waters down the serious issues at hand.With football, we doh dead if Fifa appoints a NC. With the US police and Black men, the score is always Black Man zero, police 1.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 11, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »
Storm over national team session...Held despite lockdown; Fenwick includes own coaches
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Given permission by the Police Commissioner, Englishman Terry Fenwick held his first session as national senior team coach on Monday, apparently in breach of a Government ordinance for the gradual opening up of the economy since the nationwide lockdown following the coronavirus outbreak.

A week ago, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley outlined the conditions under which certain sections of the population can resume activity following the lockdown.

“We are looking at the opening up of our beaches, rivers and sporting activities on June 21, provided that everything is all right,” Dr Rowley had said.

“If things are opened at that time, you will be required not to congregate,” Rowley added, “because it is the congregation that poses the threat, because it provides the breach from one person to another.

However, on Monday, June 8, Fenwick invited 40 players, including Police Commissioner Gary Griffith’s son, to the newly-refurbished Police ground at the St James Barracks. Griffith approved the session and also gave permission for the group to use the Police Barracks ground in St James. Griffith’s gesture came in for both praise and condemnation among the football fraternity, with most preferring to debate the “hot” topic anonymously.

“It breaking the law,” stated one of the persons who were present on Monday, but who himself could not refuse the opportunity to be there.

A question was also asked whether Fenwick could have done same thing in England, where he was born.

“This is not England, you know. This is Trinidad and Tobago,” another stated.

Though conducted in small groups, the session provided a confusing scenario, with Fenwick using a combination of coaches from his own school that have no national team affiliation, alongside official national team coaches.

Another anonymous source commended Griffith for his involvement in sport and allowing the session on the newly-refurbished Police ground, when all other venues are still under Government lockdown and closed.

“If the boss (Griffith) gave them permission and they trained in small groups, well then, I guess it all right,” he said.

Richard Ferguson, the recent TTFA presidential candidate and La Horquetta Rangers owner, refused to allow his footballers to attend the session. Likewise, TTFA technical committee chairman Keith Look Loy was openly opposed to Fenwick’s session.

Ferguson could not be reached after several attempts to contact him. However, Look Loy provided three reasons why he thought Fenwick’s action was wrong.

“The first one is that it breaks the Covid regulations. The Government has given us directions for the last three months, whatever it is. All of us, we are supposed to abide by these directions,” Look Loy stated.

Look Loy knocked Griffith’s involvement as well.

“The Police Commissioner is not the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, and if we are under directive from them (Government), we have to abide by it,” Look Loy remarked.

Look Loy also questioned the use of unauthorised personnel to conduct a national team session and thirdly, what was Fenwick’s rush to get the national team training when there is likely to be no international football until 2021.

“The second concern that I have was that there was a number of persons functioning in the role of team staff, that have not been appointed, haven’t even been vetted by the TTFA. Some of the names that came back to me, I don’t even know. That is entirely improper,” Look Loy declared.

“The fact of the matter is that a national team staff was appointed with many, many coaches properly appointed with terms and conditions. If the senior men’s national team is training and the senior men’s coach needs assistance, he should go to them and not be bringing in all kind of people to coach, and as I understand it, to perform managerial functions as well. I have a serious issue with that,” Look Loy declared.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 11, 2020, 09:53:48 AM »

FIFA was paying his salary. DJW and infantino had that arrangement. Contro was correct on that point when he said that DJW was in FiFA(Infantino) pocket. The part about DL selling out the games is farfetched.

Got it. How much was FIFA paying him though? It seemed like top secret. Was it an average wage compared to other national team coaches? $10 per hour? $100,000 for 3 months? What did DL make so we can compare it to Fenwick's?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 11, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
Storm over national team session...Held despite lockdown; Fenwick includes own coaches

However, on Monday, June 8, Fenwick invited 40 players, including Police Commissioner Gary Griffith’s son, to the newly-refurbished Police ground at the St James Barracks. Griffith approved the session and also gave permission for the group to use the Police Barracks ground in St James. Griffith’s gesture came in for both praise and condemnation among the football fraternity, with most preferring to debate the “hot” topic anonymously.

I see now eh in last the under 17 tourney he got a first half run in the last game .I guess he impove enough to get invited ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 11, 2020, 10:27:47 AM »

I see now eh in last the under 17 tourney he got a first half run in the last game .I guess he impove enough to get invited ...
Lol he's no good. That call was just to be allowed to train n use the facilities

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1139 on: June 11, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »
I saw it coming: Sancho not surprised by head coach salary scandal.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

FORMER board member of the TT Football Association (TTFA) Brent Sancho, said the situation concerning the salary of national senior men’s football coach Terry Fenwick is unfortunate, as the former TTFA executive is demonstrating a lack of transparency which goes against what their election campaign stood for.

According to local football website wired868.com, Fenwick was hired in December 2019 to replace Dennis Lawrence as head coach after the board voted 8-1 with the understanding that he would be paid US $17,500 per month with other bonuses. In the incentive package, Fenwick would start earning US $20,000 a month if the team qualified for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup. However, ousted TTFA president William Wallace, general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan and Fenwick signed an agreement that meant the national coach would receive a starting salary of US $20,000 per month and it would increase to US $25,000 if the team qualified for the Gold Cup.

The additional US $2,500 per month came through sponsorship (not revealed) as Fenwick was not satisfied with his contract according to wired868. The US $2,500 extra was included on the main contract instead of a separate contract.

Wallace and his executive led the TTFA from November 2019 to March 2020, but were removed by Fifa and a normalisation committee was appointed. The main job of the normalisation committee is to get rid of the huge debt facing the local football body. Sancho, asked if this justifies the normalisation committee stepping in to run local football, told Newsday, “I guess that is a question for Fifa. Remember Fifa hasn’t said anything in detail on the reasoning (for taking over).”

The former national defender said he asked Wallace and his team to be more transparent, but they operated how the past administration did. “From where I sit as a former board member I had raised my concerns, I sent several e-mails regarding transparency. So from where I sit I am not surprised because I saw it coming. It is unfortunate, very unfortunate particularly this group would have come in on the platform of transparency, inclusiveness and accountability, but I did not find any of that from where I sit....that is something that they chastised rightfully the last regime for.”

TTFA member Keith Look Loy described the mix up concerning Fenwick’s salary as “disappointing.”

“Whatever arrangements sponsors arrived at is not TTFA business...my interest is only what was agreed by the board and what TTFA is responsible for and that is what I will stand by. I only found out about additional side deals today (Wednesday). The rest of us knew nothing about that and therefore that should not have been included in any contract for services to be provided by the TTFA. Had I heard about it I would not have agreed to that, I would have opposed that, that has nothing to do with TTFA. That is somebody side deal.”

Look Loy was a part of the Wallace-led election campaign which made it more disappointing for him. He said the situation comes across as if they are not keeping their word. “It does not look good, it makes it look like if people who have been talking about transparency and accountability just talking. I am not happy with it, I am not happy with that at all.”

Asked if this will affect the ousted TTFA’s chances in their fight against Fifa to appoint a normalisation committee, Look Loy said, “Who knows, I will be frank this is not good.”

Head of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee Robert Hadad declined comment on the issue and calls to both William Wallace and Terry Fenwick were unanswered.

Videos -

Zone Investigates: Terry Fenwick's football contract with TTFA

Zone Investigates: William Wallace responds to questions on Fenwick's TTFA contract irregularities

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:09:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>