March 28, 2024, 07:04:39 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226012 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1140 on: June 11, 2020, 10:50:35 AM »
When it comes to football we must have the most unfortunate and surprised ppl on the planet. Everybody always finding something that turns out to be unfortunate and surprising. The damn thing is, correctly so. Ppl who supposed to be in the know always seem to be left out, and the media gets it before them and then we spend a couple weeks dealing with that controversy, until the next surprising, unfortunate revelation.      smh

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 11, 2020, 02:00:00 PM »
What was DL contract? How much was he paid?

FIFA was paying his salary. DJW and infantino had that arrangement. Contro was correct on that point when he said that DJW was in FiFA(Infantino) pocket. The part about DL selling out the games is farfetched.

Got it. How much was FIFA paying him though? It seemed like top secret. Was it an average wage compared to other national team coaches? $10 per hour? $100,000 for 3 months? What did DL make so we can compare it to Fenwick's?

soccerman, that is the million dollar question. We don't know. Unless one of the forumites know the answer to that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 11, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »
Wallace doh realize BLM is for ourselves to respect too, not just for different races. I lost confidence right dey. Taking responsibility and blame might show yuh is a man, maybe

What BLM has to do with this?
BLM has to do with everything. It not just about equality and lack of  respectful treatment, and being alive. It's also about how we live. We cannot and should not be taken advantage of by Local or Foreign bodies.  Our young ppl, especially Black people (this includes both Afro and Indo Trini) should not only be just dependent on a food but they should be taught proper management,integrity, unity and of course comportment and behaviour. Someone don't put a paper in front of you and you sign. Someone don't give you moneys and you sell out your brother. Someone don't say take, hold this bauble and forget your neighbour and you hold. We need leaders to take hold and teach the next, how to keep our soul.
 Is Bachanal after bachanal the only things we can pass down. Black Lives and the way we live now and in the future must matter to us too. Our leaders today must recognize they have a responsibility to and for our leaders and followers of tomorrow. Mistakes like that, if true, have in the past and will always cost us dearly one way or another in the future. Who will be the next president and how will all this be resolved. It;'s not impossible but sets up a greater chance of failure, and regression back to some extrinsic dependent body (Massa).
Just a thought. Hope You see my point.

maxg, your point is well taken. I agree. But I don't think BLM  has anything to do with this issue on hand. When people start adding all these greviances to  BLM, it waters down the serious issues at hand.With football, we doh dead if Fifa appoints a NC. With the US police and Black men, the score is always Black Man zero, police 1.
https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 11, 2020, 02:56:41 PM »
We have messed about for over 10 years with a load of nobodies who couldn't prove zilch,we now get a man born into football in football crazy North East of England,played for England,and also has some extensive experience,why the fuss now,I am sorry for TT.Just wait see what he can do,he hasn't inherited plain sailing,it's not an easy job to reshape TT football.Why fuss about the money the man will be earning,it's not mind blowing by standards of a national coach,the people in charge knew what they were doing,Mr.Fenwick didn't write the contract himself,did he.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 11, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
We have messed about for over 10 years with a load of nobodies who couldn't prove zilch,we now get a man born into football in football crazy North East of England,played for England,and also has some extensive experience,why the fuss now,I am sorry for TT.Just wait see what he can do,he hasn't inherited plain sailing,it's not an easy job to reshape TT football.Why fuss about the money the man will be earning,it's not mind blowing by standards of a national coach,the people in charge knew what they were doing,Mr.Fenwick didn't write the contract himself,did he.

Frico, we does butt heads on lots of issues, but on this I agree. We know Fenwick. We know his past. We know he is passionate, to the point where he can go overboard. He has been in the trenches for a long time, and has had some success with Jabloteh in CCL until Clico went belly up. We knew of his desire to coach TT for years now. The contract appears to be written in a way where there is incentives for every successful stage the team achieves. Getting a good coach is not cheap. We can't get a top name coach for that kind of money. A local coach, frig YES!.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 11, 2020, 04:16:04 PM »
Y’all do see that Terry Fenwick is NOT the problem here, right ?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 11, 2020, 04:40:49 PM »

FIFA was paying his salary. DJW and infantino had that arrangement. Contro was correct on that point when he said that DJW was in FiFA(Infantino) pocket. The part about DL selling out the games is farfetched.

Got it. How much was FIFA paying him though? It seemed like top secret. Was it an average wage compared to other national team coaches? $10 per hour? $100,000 for 3 months? What did DL make so we can compare it to Fenwick's?

soccerman, that is the million dollar question. We don't know. Unless one of the forumites know the answer to that.

Deeks who told you this??

He was paid from the same subvention that Fenwick is meant to be paid from
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 11, 2020, 04:42:50 PM »
Y’all do see that Terry Fenwick is NOT the problem here, right ?

Ent!

At least not yet.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 11, 2020, 04:46:01 PM »
DL = more $.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:34:05 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 11, 2020, 05:52:25 PM »

I read where he is being paid by FiFa. It never stipulated the break down of the contract like Fenwick's contract. I can't remember seeing anything about how much he was being paid. Unless somebody on the forum bring up the specifics to correct me.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 11, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »
Storm over national team session...Held despite lockdown; Fenwick includes own coaches
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

However, on Monday, June 8, Fenwick invited 40 players, including Police Commissioner Gary Griffith’s son, to the newly-refurbished Police ground at the St James Barracks. Griffith approved the session and also gave permission for the group to use the Police Barracks ground in St James. Griffith’s gesture came in for both praise and condemnation among the football fraternity, with most preferring to debate the “hot” topic anonymously.

I see now eh in last the under 17 tourney he got a first half run in the last game .I guess he impove enough to get invited ...
Lol he's no good. That call was just to be allowed to train n use the facilities

Look, I like Gary. Good to see the barracks is being used. Good use of tax payers money. But this thing with his son, makes it appear like nepotism. If it was the U-23, I eh have a problem with that. There needs to be a men and women U-23 team in training. But the senior national team. Come on man.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 11, 2020, 07:22:01 PM »
WATCH: William Wallace responds to questions on Terry Fenwick's TTFA contract irregularities

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eBetZkVKqNw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eBetZkVKqNw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 11, 2020, 10:31:09 PM »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 12, 2020, 06:21:48 AM »
DeeksI will keep my fingers crossed for this man who I think is more Trini than me,I hope his attitude has changed and less of the hot head.TF mirrors the attitude of people from the North East,the people come from very deprived parts and maybe TF is one with such a background.They all seem to have a fighting spirit and even sound like they want to fight when they speak.When I was studying in Manchester I heard one of the students talking,I said are you from Newcastle,his reply,"like f**k I'm not i'm from Carlisle",the thing is Carlisle is a stones throw from Newcastle.Manchester people call them "nutters".One question did you agree with TF as our coach.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:47:45 AM by frico »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 12, 2020, 07:01:19 AM »
DeeksI will keep my fingers crossed for this man who I think is more Trini than me,I hope his attitude has changed and less of the hot head.TW mirrors the attitude of people from the North East,the people come from very deprived parts and maybe TW is one with such a background.They all seem to have a fighting spirit and even sound like they want to fight when they speak.When I was studying in Manchester I heard one of the students talking,I said are you from Newcastle,his reply,"like f**k I'm not i'm from Carlisle",the thing is Carlisle is a stones throw from Newcastle.Manchester people call them "nutters".One question did you agree with TW as our coach.

Breds, YES! I think he has as much right as any Trini to coach the team. He lives in TT. He started from the ground floor. He was in the trenches with Jabloteh. He did a good job. He could have packed up and go back Hengland. He stayed and dealt with TT bakanal. TT has hired a number of coaches since he is here. Some foreign, some local. Some were good, and some were bad. Real bad. I think he should be given the chance. But leh we don't talk too fast because this contract business might screw up everything.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:49:12 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1155 on: June 12, 2020, 07:01:24 AM »
Fenwick restarts national training with Griffith’s blessing; but Look Loy and Ferguson slam exercise.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Terry Fenwick started his tenure as Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team head coach at the Police Barracks in St James today, with his first training session since he was hired last December; and the first for any national team under Covid-19 regulations and following the appointment of normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad.

If the intention was to turn attention away from the legal wrangling between estranged Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace and Fifa and on to the more pleasant aspects of the game, it could hardly be described as an immediate success.

Hadad did not attend to introduce himself to players—although his ‘assistant’ Amiel Mohammed was there—while the coaches present were a mishmash of TTFA hirings and Fenwick’s own Football Factory employees.

Terminix La Horquetta Rangers director Richard Ferguson ensured his own players boycotted the session. And, bizarrely, the media was not allowed to get closer than the streets around the venue.

Elsewhere, Inside World Football—a site that dedicated countless stories to attacking the William Wallace-led administration since last October—trained its guns on Fenwick, who it accused of being behind the TTFA’s more controversial business over the past six months while noting that the Englishman has ‘somehow managed to stay in post under the normalisation committee’.

Fenwick dismissed the allegations, which the website did not attribute to anyone.

“It is rubbish,” said Fenwick. “It is totally untrue and I am considering legal action.”

The former England World Cup defender said he could not comment on today’s training session due to a media gag by Hadad, who has been near invisible in recent weeks.

Hadad, the co-CEO of HadCo Limited, heads a committee mandated by Fifa to:

Run the TTFA’s daily affairs;

Establish a debt repayment plan that is implementable by the TTFA;

Review and amend the TTFA Statutes (and other regulations where necessary) and to Ensure their compliance with the FIFA Statutes and requirements before duly submitting them for approval to the TTFA Congress;

Organise and to conduct elections of a new TTFA executive committee for a four-year mandate.

Whatever Hadad actually gets done—and if he and his fellow committee members, Judy Daniel and Nigel Romano, are being paid by Fifa to do so—is presumably known to the world governing body but remains a mystery to much of the island.

Three months after his appointment, the businessman is yet to offer more than a cursory introduction to coaches and office staff while he has still not met the majority of the TTFA’s delegates or former board members—whether virtually or otherwise.

Hadad requested banking details from technical staff members, a few weeks ago, but has not said when anyone will be paid or even promised to honour existing contracts.

In the midst of the uncertainty, Fenwick decided to hold his first session as he selected 40 players to begin training three times a week.

Defence Force utility player Curtis Gonzales and Police FC goalkeeper Adrian Foncette were the most senior players invited while the training squad was packed with teenagers—including San Juan Jabloteh forward Justin Araujo-Wilson, W Connection midfielder Molik Khan, St Augustine Secondary forward Tyrese Spicer and former National Under-17 attacker Gary Griffith III, who is the son of Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith.

Fifa suggested that, as a result of Covid-19, international football competitions are unlikely to restart until November at the earliest. However, a source close to the team explained that the resumption of national training was meant to activate local players who have not played a game since March and are unsure when the next Pro League season will start.

Fenwick, apparently, is also anxious to get a feel for available talent on the island.

Ferguson, whose La Horquetta-based team employs a string of potential international players like Aikim Andrews, Isaiah Lee, Kadeem Corbin, Kishon Hackshaw, Keron Cummings and Ross Russell Jr, is unconvinced by the exercise and confirmed that he told his players to boycott the sessions.

“The prime minister specifically stated that sport activities will not resume until 20 June, so we at Rangers are law abiding citizens,” Ferguson told Wired868. “I don’t want to subject any of my players to the coronavirus, or to have them breaking the law.

“The other issue is I did respond to the head coach of the national team and told him Rangers believe there is going to be a league in the last week of July and we will like to have our players to train and practice for that league.”

Griffith, a former top flight hockey player, insisted that Fenwick was cleared to train the team and urged stakeholders to support him.

“Everything that they were doing was permissible within the public health ordinance,” said Griffith, who criticised the non-appearance of Rangers players. “Maybe it is my training that you always support the person in authority for a greater cause.

“[…] What I am seeing is the height of hypocrisy, as I remember years ago when our national players were getting problems to leave English Premier League clubs to come across and play for their country; and you were hearing people complaining locally.

“Now all of a sudden you have managers in local clubs preventing our national players from coming to train with national teams.”

Fifa rules stipulate that clubs are only obliged to release players for national duty during specified match windows. As such, Ferguson and any other club director could legally block players from representing their country outside of those periods.

Ironically, Fenwick used those regulations himself to stop players from training with the national team while in charge of Clico San Juan Jabloteh.

Matters were far from settled on the training ground today too, as the appointed National Senior Team staff of assistant coach Derek King, manager Captain Basil Thompson and equipment manager Michael Williams turned up to find themselves working with a second group comprising of coaches Anthony Harrington, Nigel Henry, Keon Trim and James Baird and administrators Denise Govia and Adrian Romain. Fenwick’s helpers, according to the source, are working pro bono.

Warriors assistant coach/goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack is in England with his family while trainer Oswin Birchwood was also absent.

A source close to the team explained that, since coaches have not been paid since their appointments, Fenwick brought his own coaches along to ensure he would have adequate staff to carry on the session. Covid-19 restrictions also meant he needed enough coaches to manage 40 players divided into roughly six groups.

Fenwick is believed to have purchased refreshments and fruits for players today. However, with no financing available and no international competition on the horizon, players could be spending as much as TT$80 a day to attend training with little chance of covering those expenses from match fees.

Wired868 understands that Fenwick is pushing to have supplements sponsored for the players and hopes to find help for their travel expenses.

TTFA technical committee chairman Keith Look Loy does not see the point of the venture, which he described as ‘a PR exercise and a bad, bad joke’.

“From reports coming in, this was a circus,” said Look Loy. “In the first place, the government has Covid regulations governing the country, which does not allow what took place today—because team sport is not supposed to restart until 22 June.

“I don’t care what Gary [Griffith] said because the police commissioner is NOT the government of Trinidad and Tobago.”

Look Loy also criticised Fenwick’s decision to bypass other national coaches—like Angus Eve, Stern John and Clayton Morris—to bring in staff from his own youth club for national sessions.

“I cannot countenance the use of non-national team staff to not only train a national team but the Senior National Team,” said Look Loy. “All things being equal and if I was operational that could never have happened. We have a national technical staff  in place, so how we can go to outsiders who have no national coaching experience?

“[…] Further, I don’t understand the need to rush to break Covid regulations and to bring in non-approved staff when there is going to be no Fifa window for that national team to play any games in, until December or January next year—although they can play friendlies.”

Look Loy said the resumption of the Men’s National Senior Team might put pressure on Hadad to make a decision regarding the remaining teams, which can theoretically begin training within the next two weeks.

“If this is a precedent then, when football reopens in two weeks, the issues arises for the other coaches: what are we to do?” Look Loy noted. “They have no international football to play this year either, so what happens with these coaches and their teams? Somebody has to give them direction; but if I do, Fifa will tell the normalisation committee to kill whatever I suggest.

“The question remains: how is this normalisation committee treating with these teams who were put into animated suspension by Covid? How is it going to treat with the appointments?

“Are they going to respect the appointments and the terms of the appointments—mainly salaries—or are they not?”

Hadad, as always, has promised nothing and delivered just as much.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 12, 2020, 09:38:13 AM »
Never a dull day in that country, there’s always commess bachanal and confusion brewing in every aspect of life on that little island where no body wants to sit down and talk over their differences but rather run to the media, and the dirty media instead of putting the health and mental well being of the nation first, they choose to sell their unhealthy swill to the nation further clogging the intelligence of John public and by extension our children. I’m really beginning to hate this country.

PS. I have a prediction. I believe WW will be successful against fifa, and i’m predicting in a few moanthem fenwick would be out of a job, himself and ramdhan.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 12, 2020, 01:10:03 PM »
Never a dull day in that country, there’s always commess bachanal and confusion brewing in every aspect of life on that little island where no body wants to sit down and talk over their differences but rather run to the media, and the dirty media instead of putting the health and mental well being of the nation first, they choose to sell their unhealthy swill to the nation further clogging the intelligence of John public and by extension our children. I’m really beginning to hate this country.

PS. I have a prediction. I believe WW will be successful against fifa, and i’m predicting in a few moanthem fenwick would be out of a job, himself and ramdhan.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 12, 2020, 04:59:28 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Terry is very quiet, for once. Quiet about the contract, that is!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:13:56 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1159 on: June 13, 2020, 01:45:24 AM »

I read where he is being paid by FiFa. It never stipulated the break down of the contract like Fenwick's contract. I can't remember seeing anything about how much he was being paid. Unless somebody on the forum bring up the specifics to correct me.

Subvention is from fifa, same as Lawrence, hence why Fenwick was complaining about football being shutdown. He needs fifa to pay his salary, if we get banned, that goes away..

That 2.5k mystery sponsor seems shady, why was that included in the contract and the liability falls squarely on the ttfa... it doesn’t even stipulate that a portion of it will be from the sponsor, in fact that should not even be in the agreement and why did Fenwick agree to that and the ttfa?

Bobol on top of Bobol... and people wonder why the nation is where it is and so damn backward...

Will Fenwick reveal who the sponsor is and should we assume the fifa subvention is 17.5k? Which we can also assume was dL salary..

Like I’ve said before, fifa should not be paying our coaches and controlling them. TT has too much money for this rubbish to be happening

The only thing to solve this problem is revolution, which includes getting rid of both political parties..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
We already saw how it went with DL and the fifa subvention, now Fenwick?

Well, all I will say is, you cannot trust Fenwick if he is indeed paid by fifa. I expect the same selling out like with DL.

If it hasn’t occurred to the people on the board, outside of Hart and a few other coaches, the TT senior men’s coaching job is a gold mine for corruption, bribery and a stepping stone.

It’s a coaches ticket to bribes, high level corruption, high salaries from a fifa subvention and zero accountability and results. It also serves as a stepping stone to get in fifas good books. Selling out to ensure TT is kept midway or below, never in the top four.

Subservient and posing no threat like the rest of the Cfu.

I warned everyone before, if Fenwick is paid by fifa through the subvention, it’s game over again...

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Well, all I will say is, you cannot trust Fenwick if he is indeed paid by fifa. I expect the same selling out like with DL.

If it hasn’t occurred to the people on the board, outside of Hart and a few other coaches, the TT senior men’s coaching job is a gold mine for corruption, bribery and a stepping stone.

It’s a coaches ticket to bribes, high level corruption, high salaries from a fifa subvention and zero accountability and results. It also serves as a stepping stone to get in fifas good books. Selling out to ensure TT is kept midway or below, never in the top four.

I warned everyone before, if Fenwick is paid by fifa through the subvention, it’s game over again...

Provide concrete and ocular proof of such Wild  assertions that such possibilities could be so of senior men's coaches? That they could be ticketed for such possibilities.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Provide concrete and ocular proof of such Wild  assertions that such possibilities could be so of senior men's coaches? That they could be ticketed for such possibilities.

You just saw DL and what happened during his tenure and the vast amount of corruption surrounded around him and the dictator... yet you are asking for proof..

Given the fact fifa has paid our coaches with the subvention and that is not enough to understand what Is happening?

What proof are you exactly looking for?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:56:28 AM by Controversial »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Denial is always the first stage...stay tuned.. :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1164 on: June 15, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »
Wallace: We are trying to ‘rectify error’; TTFA president tries to explain secret Fenwick contract.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace admitted today that he legally bound the local football body to terms with Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick that were not agreed to by his board.

Wallace, who is chairman of the TTFA’s Board of Directors, said he signed Fenwick’s contract ‘in error’ and that the TTFA is trying to ‘rectify’ this by amending the deal.

The besieged president’s revelation came almost five months after Fenwick agreed terms with the TTFA and a day after SportsMax pointed to the discrepancy between the coach’s actual contract and the one the board thought he signed.

“I have to take responsibility for signing it,” Wallace told Wired868. “I am not running away from it. I can give you the circumstances but I have to take responsibility for that.”

At present, Fenwick has a contract—signed by Wallace and general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan—valued at US$2,500 (TT$17,000) per month more than agreed by the TTFA Board of Directors and with crucial clauses that were not approved by the board.

On 19 December 2019, the board voted 8-1 to hire Fenwick as the replacement for sacked coach Dennis Lawrence on the understanding that he would be paid US$17,500 (TT$118,000) per month with specific bonuses, including a two year extension if the Soca Warriors advanced to the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup quarterfinal round. (Interim Pro League chairman Brent Sancho was believed to be the sole abstention.)

Fenwick’s salary would rise to US$20,0000 (TT$135,000) a month once the team secured qualification for the Gold Cup. His extension, if achieved, did not come with a pay increase.

But that was not what Fenwick, Wallace and Ramdhan eventually signed off on.

The changes to the deal afforded to the Warriors coach included:

A starting salary of US$20,000 per month;

An automatic two-year extension and salary increase to US$25,000 (TT$169,000) once the team qualified for the Gold Cup;

Perks inclusive of private medical insurance for his daughter and a ‘suitable’ phone, laptop and motor car—with all associated costs such as insurance, maintenance and fuel borne by the TTFA.

Fenwick’s bonuses for wins in friendly and competitive games as well as for improving Trinidad and Tobago’s Fifa rankings, remained the same as initially disclosed to the board. However, the contract also afforded him two business class tickets and suitable accommodation for two persons whenever necessary, for scouting purposes.

According to the terms of the agreement, the TTFA was responsible for the payment of local taxes, national insurance and health surcharge deductions.

Wallace explained to Wired868 that, although the board agreed to terms that should be offered to its new Men’s National Senior Team head coach, Fenwick was dissatisfied and pressed him to alter it.

In the end, Wallace said they decided to improve his remuneration through sponsorship money.

“[Fenwick] wasn’t happy with [the US$17,500 offered] but he went and got the additional US$2,500 through sponsorship,” said Wallace, who is also the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) president. “But that should have been in a separate agreement and not in the main contract. When it was drafted by his lawyer, it was put in the main contract when that figure should not have been our responsibility.

“There is a TTFA obligation and another obligation [for US$2,500] from another source.”

Wired868: Who is the ‘other source’?

Wallace: “I don’t want to reveal the other source. The other source would not want to be revealed, so I have to respect that. Terry would corroborate that.”

Wired868: If you did not read the contract properly, are you saying that you could just as easily have signed a contract for US$70,000 [TT$473,000) and the TTFA would have been forced to pay it?

Wallace: “Well I did peruse the contract but nothing jumped out at me because the figures I saw there were discussed—but they were discussed as two separate things. As for the clause about what would trigger the extension, I didn’t pick that up at all but that is going to be adjusted.

“We are doing an amendment which will replace whatever document existed prior to that. Terry has agreed to that. At the end of the day, the figure does not change so Terry will not lose anything. It is just that he receives part from the TTFA and part from another entity…”

Fenwick declined comment and did not confirm or deny whether he agreed to amend his contract.

Article 39.1 of the TTFA’s Constitution states that the football president ‘represents the TTFA legally’, which gives Wallace authority to enter the organisation into binding contracts.

Article 36(j) states that the TTFA’s Board ‘shall appoint the coaches for the representative teams and other technical staff’.

Former president David John-Williams utilised these two clauses in tandem when he asked his board to appoint Lawrence as coach and then to extend his tenure but refused to tell them what the terms of his contract would be. The board agreed and allowed John-Williams to negotiate Lawrence’s deal unilaterally.

In this case, however, the Wallace-led administration gave the board one figure but, privately, signed off on another.

TTFA technical committee chairman Keith Look Loy, who is a member of the board and Wallace’s United TTFA slate that successfully contested the football body’s elections last November, said he did not know about Fenwick’s ‘pay raise’ until this morning.

Look Loy said he conducted the initial negotiations over Fenwick’s contract with controversial English marketing man Peter Miller. Miller was involved in the TTFA’s Avec apparel deal as well as the Lavender development pitch for the Arima Velodrome, for which he signed as TTFA marketing director.

At the time, Wallace denied Miller had been retained as TTFA marketing director and said that was also ‘an error’. And Look Loy said Miller was working on a commission and not with a contract.

“Fenwick used Miller as his agent, so I conducted the negotiations [over his salary] with Miller; and I told him—through Miller—that what he wanted was not acceptable and he just couldn’t get it,” said Look Loy. “What he wanted and what he ended up with is chalk and cheese. We are highly indebted and the kind of extraordinary things he wanted.

“[…] For instance, a simple thing like a car. He is living in Trinidad and he already has a car; so why must the TTFA give him a car? I told him nobody could get more than what Lawrence was making and I was able to whittle down his demands to what I thought was realistic; and the board approved that. And that is what I stand by.

“After it went to the board and was accepted, the [technical] committee turned its back on that—as we did for the agreements with all the other coaches. That then became the job of the president and general secretary to put it in a contract.”

TTFA second vice-president Susan Joseph-Warrick told Wired868 that she and fellow vice-presidents Clynt Taylor and Sam Phillip were also in the dark about Wallace’s second deal with Fenwick.

“We were unaware of that figure until this morning and this has to be cleared up,” said Joseph-Warrick, who is also president of the Women’s League of Football (WoLF). “We really didn’t know.”

Still, Look Loy said he accepted Wallace’s explanation for the deal that was struck with Fenwick, barring the ‘error’ of its presence in his contract.

“What I am told is [Fenwick] insisted that he wouldn’t accept less than US$20,000 per month,” said Look Loy, “so he persisted and arrived at an agreement with sponsors who were supposed to be coming in, through Peter Miller, that the shortfall would be made up by sponsorship. I knew nothing about that—I am just hearing about it this morning.

“That has nothing to do with the TTFA. It is like a coach at a big club having a side deal with Nike that agrees to pay him an additional bonus. All the TTFA is obliged to deliver is US$17,500.”

Look Loy said Fenwick’s contract ought to be considered invalid due to a salary and performance-related clause meant to trigger a two year extension that were not in the original deal.

“I am not going to abide by that, that is not what was tabled, discussed and approved [by the board],” said Look Loy. “Nobody has unilateral authority to change what the board approved. That was my position with anything that John-Williams did and it holds now.”

Ramdhan described the confusion as ‘a simple administrative matter’—which is only one possible way to describe the TTFA president and general secretary secretly renegotiating a deal that was already agreed to by the board.

Wallace said the error will be fixed soon.

“It is being rectified as we speak,” he said. “It was pointed out to [Fenwick] that [contract] has to be changed to reflect what the board agreed to. So the lawyer is doing a separate amendment to it.”

Fenwick has not yet offered a public statement on the matter. But, if the contracts unilaterally handed out by former TTFA presidents Raymond Tim Kee and John-Williams are any gauge, the Englishman may already hold a valid contract; and must now decide whether to slash his own salary at the request of his employer.

To further complicate matters, it is the Fifa-appointed normalisation committee which may end up having to honour Fenwick’s contract.

At present, Fifa considers Robert Hadad to be in charge of the TTFA, although it is a view that Wallace and his vice-presidents are resisting in the Port of Spain High Court.

Hadad has not spoken to Wired868 in weeks and has gone to great lengths to avoid the media. However, he told coaches and staff that he is working on finding an avenue through which he can pay their outstanding salaries.

Fenwick, like all other current TTFA coaches, is yet to be paid since Wallace was elected president, due to Fifa’s refusal to release funds to the local body.

On Monday, Fenwick held his first national training session with roughly 40 local-based players, which had its own issues. The Warriors were due to train again from 9am this morning at the Police Barracks in St James.

However, Wired868 understands today’s session was cancelled via Whats App at just after 6am. The reason given was ‘bad weather’.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 15, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
If WW and company are removed because of this contract, then Terry should be removed. I still think he is the right person, football wise, for the the job. But if WW is the fall guy because his contract, then it is logical that he be removed and get a next coach.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 06:29:32 PM by Deeks »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 15, 2020, 05:13:30 PM »
Where is the ttfa lawyer to go over this contract before ww signed off on it....no friend in business
Too many errors mr prez

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 16, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
What coach of a nonproductive team - not even a regional giant worth that kinda money per month.

Fenwick is real Trini- smart man make some kinda deal and laughing all the way to the bank and ehevncosch ah game yet-

Yes bio- we are the socaclowns of the Caribbean  crown we as the most inept Association in the region.

Not only we get pull down by Couch in WC now another Englishman take we whole head down and score a jackpot as the highest paid coach to never coached  the team- not even in ah friendly or ah pick up game
Flackery pure flackery

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football sits on the bench
« Reply #1168 on: June 24, 2020, 06:36:17 AM »
Football sits on the bench
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday)

NATIONAL football coach Terry Fenwick has had arguably the most turbulent start to a head coaching position in T&T history, without playing a single game.

Fenwick was announced as the new T&T coach on December 19, 2019, by former TT Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace. Three months later, Wallace was removed by FIFA and a normalisation committee placed in charge of the local governing body.

The move by FIFA has been challenged by Wallace and the matter is currently before the High Court. The battle for control of the TTFA has been a bitter one with a fight for control of the TTFA’s First Citizens account.

FIFA’s response has been to starve the TTFA of funding until the issue has been resolved.

This has left Fenwick, assistant coaches and technical staff unpaid for months.

Apart from the FIFA intervention, covid19 has delayed Fenwick’s official debut.

The Soca Warriors, ranked 105 in the world by FIFA, were scheduled to play two friendlies against Canada, ranked 73rd, on March 27 and 31 in the North American country when the pandemic shut down travel all around the world.

Speaking to Newsday on Tuesday, Fenwick said the off-the-field drama has frustrated him.

“My frustration has been the typical politics of T&T football – the lack of real leadership at the top,” he said.

“Of course, we have the normalisation committee kicked in. We’ve got court cases, it’s really not good for the youngsters. It’s not good for the technical staff, coaches that we’ve got. They don’t know who their leaders are at the moment until the court case goes through.

“Everybody is sitting on the bench, pretty much. It’s not helping the youngsters of this country, there’s possibly a generation of kids could go under the bus because of the incompetence of several different structures of management of T&T football.”

Fenwick’s contract has been a source of controversy as Wallace signed off on a higher salary and a number of perks contrary to what was agreed upon by the TTFA board.

Fenwick’s contract pays him US$20,000 per month, US$2,500 more than what the TTFA board had agreed to offer him.

Asked to respond to accusations that he asked for too much from the TTFA, Fenwick said, “I just think, like everything, it’s a negotiation. I negotiated with members of the board that were acting on behalf of the board. My contract was done through Ravi Rajcoomar SC, so I always had good advice in the background as to how I should move forward. I’ve done everything right, everything is legally binding.”

Fenwick said he remains focused on his dream job despite his contract being a hot topic.

“The issues that I see are certainly not on my side. It’s something that I negotiated and in the end, it’s a job I always wanted to do because I know the quality of kids we have on the ground.

“More than anything, I wanted to change the style, move away from what was negative and stopping us from getting results.

“The contract side of it, it’s been an issue for plenty of people but I’ve not really taken it on.”

United TTFA member Keith Look Loy recently told Newsday he considers all TTFA contracts signed without board approval to be null and void. Wallace has been mum of late but has promised to release a statement to address all the contentious issues.

Fenwick expressed gratitude for his assistant coaches and other technical staff for working despite the financial constraints.

He lauded the benevolence of team doctor Akash Dhanai who has been also working for free.

“I’ve got a meeting on Wednesday with our doctor...We’ve come out of covid(19) and now we’re struggling with Sahara dust. I cancelled training on Monday, it could well be cancelled on Wednesday because of the same dust issue.

“But the doctor and I will be meeting on how we’re going to tackle issues with certain players that might have asthma, respiratory issues. We’re trying to cover everything, but we have no money.

“Thank God the doctor’s been excellent; he’s been helping us out, all the coaches have been doing everything for free.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 24, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »
Tt local based national coach shouldn't be paid anything more than 30 grand tt a month. 40-50 grand if they qualify for world cup etc. Fenwick aint worth this money. Anyone knows what his salary whilst coaching the local clubs was?

1]; } ?>