March 28, 2024, 05:57:25 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226003 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1170 on: July 03, 2020, 08:32:37 PM »
Eyes on youth: Teenagers aplenty in Fenwick’s first T&T training squad
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

ENGLISHMAN Terry Fenwick has made a commitment to add young players to the national men’s football team, even if it means that some older locally-based players might have to be left out.

A month after commencing national team training, Fenwick held his first media conference yesterday at the Police Barracks in St James. The former England defender, 60, worked with a bunch of 35 kids under the watchful eyes of Police Commissioner Gary Griffith.

Assisting Fenwick were a combination of former national players and coaches such as Clayton Ince and Ross Russell, along with San Juan Jabloteh’s Keith Jeffrey and Keon Trim. Fenwick explained that his assistants, Derek King and Angus Eve, were unavailable for yesterday’s session.

Despite uncertainty as to whether the FIFA installed Normalisation Committee or the elected officials of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association are running the sport locally, Fenwick felt it important to get his programme going.

“We have just come through Covid virus into the Sahara dust and in between all of that, we don’t know who our leadership is at this time,” he said, vowing to steer clear of local football politics.

“Politics around the world is not easy. It gets bitter and twisted at times,” he declared, “That is where we are. I am leaving that alone.”

Fenwick said his early ambition has been limited by finances.

“I wanted to take a team from Trinidad to Tobago to play against the best players that they got available in Tobago,” he said. “So we can see what we got and select the best that they got over there.”

Fenwick’s focus is on young, locally-based players, although a few experienced 31-year-olds such as Police goalkeeper Adrian Foncette, La Horquetta Rangers’ Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings and Defence Force defender Curtis “Boyo” Gonzales were among those training. The squad also included talented 19-year-old Central FC midfielder Che Benny, striker Justin Araujo-Wilson (17), W Connection talent Molik Khan (16), St Anthony’s College forward Kai Phillip (19), Club Sando striker and Pro League top scorer Shaqkeem Joseph (19), John-Paul Rochford (20) and Justin Sadoo, the 22-year-old Point Fortin Civic defensive midfielder.

“I’m working with a very, very young squad of players,” Fenwick said.

“Some of my players will be in their late teens coming through to my national side. They have done a great job so far. The intensity has been remarkable. Sometimes it does look a little frenetic because they have put a lot of time and effort into their physical side of the game,” he added.

“My intention, as national team coach, is to develop the best kids that we have available,” he said, explaining that the face of the squad would change over time, with others also getting an opportunity to stake their claims.

“We are working hard at it. I’ve got my detractors in the background, which is okay, I understand. I am giving my everything to the young players that we got.”

The Englishman said his ambition was to get into the mind of his young charges, getting them to do the simple things right. While talented, some have not previously benefitted from structured coaching and so, many things are brand new to them. Some will rise to the occasion while others will not be good enough and will be replaced by other talent.

“There are lots of players out there in the mid-20’s who haven’t been selected and are not involved in this squad, and they are asking why,” Fenwick revealed.

“I said to them, ‘Fellas, if you are 27 and older and you are still playing here in the league in Trinidad and Tobago, I know I have better players at the highest standard of football somewhere else in the world’.”

“You wouldn’t believe the response I have had locally and internationally from players around the world that want to play for Trinidad and Tobago,” he continued.

Fenwick said his intention was to get results.

“I want us to get away from being 105th ranking in the world (and) one of the teams in the Caribbean region. I want to be the top team in the region. I want to be top-50 ranked in the world. I want to move us in the right direction and that will not happen unless we have a good development process from 15, 17, 20, into the (senior) national team.”

RELATED NEWS

Fenwick: We have something to offer.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

National coach Terry Fenwick is manoeuvring the challenges of a less-than-ideal leadership, the selection of inexperienced players, to people who are not in favour of him being national coach, as well as little to no finances, to turn around the fortunes of T&T football.

Addressing the media soon after a training session at the Police training ground at the St James Barracks on Friday, the English-born coach said he wants not to be one of the top teams in the Caribbean but the best in the region, as well as one of the top 50 teams in the world.

To date, he has been mentoring the young players, some of whom have never played under a top-class coach, he told the audience and has been guiding them on the areas they need work.

"Some of the sessions that they've done are brand new, they don't know. I am engaging them on and off the field as to how they adapt mentally. Everything I tell them, I only tell them once to see who takes it on board because that's how the world is moving right now. I want us to get away from this 105th ranking in the world, or one of the teams from the Caribbean region. I want to be the top team in the region. I want to be down on the 50 ranked in the world which will move us in the right direction, and that will not happen until we have a development process from 15, 17, 20 and the senior national team."

He added: "We have done a good job so far. The intensity has been remarkable."

Courtesy the assistance of Robert Hadad, the chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee who has helped the team with his finances to get food and refreshment, and Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith, the team has been in training for just under a month now (the first session was on June 8.) and has made tremendous strides despite the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic, situation. The infiltration of the Saharan dust, and the uncertainty of who will lead local football after the pending July 29 court matter between the world governing body for football - FIFA, and the William Wallace-led United T&T Football Association.

He told the media he has been encouraged when he sees the work of coaches such as Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp, he knows we are in a good place. "When we have got the best coaches in the world such as Pep Guardiola, coaching teams with teenagers to win Championships, whether it be the Premier League or the Champions League, and that's with at whatever clubs he has been, that tells me that these youngsters have got something to offer."

Fenwick, 60, is hoping to follow up his team with a match between a Trinidad representative team versus a Tobago team in the sister-isle soon, as well as an international encounter with either Guyana or Barbados before the year ends.

He hopes to work on the many interested players internationally with T&T's parentage with the hope of selecting the best team.

At the last FIFA World Cup qualifiers, the T&T team was recorded as the oldest squad in world football, but the Englishman who took over from Dennis Lawrence on December 19, 2019, said he wants to change that. Fenwick's training squads yesterday comprised some 40 players such as Adrian Foncette, Jabari Mitchell (Police FC); Andre Marchan, Aaron Enil, Curtis Gonzales, Justin Garcia, Adrian Welch, Hashim Arcia, Reon Moore, Brent Sam, Dwight Quintero (Defence Force); Christopher Biggette, Brandon Semper, Kadeem Hutchinson, Justin Araujo-Wilson, Tyrese Bailey (San Juan Jabloteh); Kadeem Riley (Unattached); Isaiah Garcia, Molik Khan (W Connection); Jelani Peters (Toronto FC); Jesse Williams, Jameel Neptune, Kevon Goddard, Che Benny, Sean Bonval (Central FC); Xavier Rajpaul (Cunupia FC); Justin Sadoo (Point Fortin); Rivaldo Coryat, Matthew Wooling, John Paul Rochford (AC Port of Spain); Keron Cornwall, Shaqkeem Joseph (Club Sando FC); Keron Cummings (La Horquetta Rangers); Judah Garcia (Point Fortin FC); Nicholas Dillon (Patro Eisden Maas); Kai Phillip (St Anthony’s College); Tyrese Spicer (St Augustine Secondary); Michael Poon-Angeron, Akeem Roach, Jaheim McFee.

Among those who assisted Fenwick during yesterday's session were Clayton Ince, Keith Jeffreys and Ross Russell.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PNF1ESMtm3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PNF1ESMtm3s</a>

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:49:22 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 06, 2020, 08:23:33 AM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Team Training Session on Friday, July 3rd at the Police Barracks, St. James

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vqs2BQkh3oY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vqs2BQkh3oY</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1172 on: July 07, 2020, 05:02:43 AM »
Fenwick: ‘It’s my job to turn Warriors around’; T&T coach brushes off ‘detractors’
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick brushed aside controversy surrounding his contract today and claimed that he was fully focused on the job, in his first press conference since taking up his duties.

The Soca Warriors trained at the Police Barracks in St James this morning with over 35 players—most under the age of 23.

At present, the TTFA is mired in controversy as president William Wallace resists the Fifa-appointed normalisation committee, headed by businessman Robert Hadad, in court. And Fenwick’s contract, which was signed off by Wallace with terms not approved by the TTFA Board, has been a major talking point.

Fenwick, a former Pro League champion as San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC head coach, said he is unaffected by the scandal.

“At the end of the day, I’ve got 35 kids out there who need my organisation for the session,” said Fenwick. “[…] Listen guys it’s politics, politics around the world—it’s not nice. It gets bitter and twisted sometimes.

“[…] I’m leaving that alone. My intention as national coach is to develop the best kids we have available… For me as the national coach, it is about delivering the best I possibly can.”

There were plenty fresh faces on the training ground while the youngest player, Naparima College midfielder Molik Jesse Khan, only turned 16 in April.

Fenwick complimented the players in his squad and said he intends to improve them for their various national teams, even if it will be the junior ones. However, he insisted that they are not just making up numbers.

“We’ve got some great talent on the ground here in Trinidad and Tobago; and our football let’s them down because it’s not over a sustained period of time,” he said, “and the coaches are quite regularly changed over, so there is no development process in place.

“If the best coaches in the world—like Pep Guardiola, like Jurgen Klopp—if these guys are using teenagers and guys who are 21, 22, 23, it tells me that we’ve got a chance with the kids we have got on the ground here in Trinidad and Tobago.

“[…] Our last squad that competed for the World Cup qualifiers, two years ago, was the oldest squad in world football. I want to move it on from there because I see the talent that we have here on the ground.”

Fenwick said he is focusing on the mentality of his players and their speed and efficiency on the ball, while being mindful of the guys who pick up instructions fastest.

“I stated from day one to the players: look after number one, and number one will look after you,” he said. “Simple is genius. Do the simple things right and everything else falls into place.”

Police FC goalkeeper Adrian Foncette, who has 15 senior international caps, said the players are excited to be back on the training ground—despite being uncertain about the date of their next competitive match.

“It is just good to play some football,” said Foncette. “[…] It is good that [Fenwick] was proactive in his decision to get the national team back training and to get football back going. There are probably just two or three [Pro League] teams who only just started back training.

“It is a breath of fresh air.”

Fenwick commended Hadad for helping to provide refreshments for the team and thanked Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith for use of their renovated ground.

“The equipment that we are using is not the best but we are making do,” said Fenwick. “There is no finances so nobody is getting paid. But we are here, we are training. Players are turning up on time [and] there is a lovely passion around the squad, there is a nice feeling.

“We have got to deliver better for the footballing public—for the people who are out there behind us. And we recognise there are a lot of snipers out there, so we have got to be careful about what we do, what we say, how we behave in public places.”

Fenwick stressed that he intends to deliver results.

“I want us to get away from being 105th ranked in the world, [just] one of the teams from the Caribbean region,” he said. “I want to be the top team in the region. I want to be in the top 50 ranking in the world; and that will not happen unless we have a good development [structure] from the Under-15s straight into the Senior National Team.

“[…] All the public is looking at is results. I understand that. The Senior National Team is not the developmental team, the Senior National Team is here to win; and I recognise that…

“I’ve got my detractors in the background and that’s okay. I understand. We’ve had a shocking time over the last few years, it’s my job to turn it around.”

Videos -

Fenwick speaks on Resumption of National Team Training

Watch: Senior Men's team training Session

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1173 on: July 07, 2020, 05:46:50 AM »
Million $ questions: Fenwick, Miller, Celtic, and the abuse of Trinidad’s Jabloteh.
By Paul Nicholson (insideworldfootball).

The leak of witness statements from a 2013 Trinidad and Tobago court case concerning national team coach Terry Fenwick, the former English defender turned football manager-cum-marketing spiv, sheds more light via a series of shocking revelations concerning Fenwick’s violent temper, his extreme behaviour and his alleged and multiple fraudulent business dealings.

Incredibly, and supported seemingly unequivocally by the Trinidad and Tobago FA’s Normalisation Committee, Fenwick will today run a national training session with mixture of several national team players amongst youth players from his Football Factory, a grassroots level youth development business owned by Fenwick in Trinidad.

A number of accredited coaches from the TTFA are believed to be involved in the session, but only alongside Fenwick’s Football Factory staff.

Fenwick’s assent to the summit of the TTFA and his long association with the TTFA’s discredited marketing director – another Englishman – Peter Miller, again comes into focus in the leaked documents, a copy of which can be see via clicking on the link below.

Link - 2013.03.13- Breach of Contract- Terence Fenwick and San Juan Jabloteh

It is another episode in what has been an on-going pattern of collusion and deceit in pursuit of football’s ‘easy’ money in a country that has always played fast and loose with its. Football riches

In 2013 Fenwick made a claim in the Trinidad and Tobago High Court for breach of contract by San Juan Jabloteh  Sports Club Ltd.

Jabloteh play in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League and Fenwick had first been hired as coach as far back as 2001 (on the introduction of Peter Miller – the club’s marketing chief at the time), having then left in 2003 but returning in 2005. He left the club in 2009, eventually suing for breach of contract.

A witness statement provided by Jabloteh president Jerry Hospedales in 2013 to defend the claims, details a contract between the Colonial Life Insurance Company (CLICO) and Jabloteh that saw a three-year sponsorship provision of TT$1 million annually; for club naming rights and the underwriting of a development programme for all its football and netball teams.

That money was to be paid to Jabloteh. Fenwick’s contract of employment was made contingent on the continuation of the CLICO sponsorship. Fenwick was on a monthly salary of TT$50,000 plus benefits including a car and 50% of any money from player transfer fees (in 2001 he had set up a company with Miller called Pro Sports Caribbean based in Anguilla to handle transfer money from young Trinidad talent).

In fact, Hospedales in his witness statement says that a TT$1 million payment in December 2008 was never received by the club, but that it was made to IT Pod Holdings which Hospedales says was set up to manage the business of Magenta Holdings, a company reportedly run back then by the current and controversial TTFA marketing director Miller (See Pirates in the Caribbean: TTFA’s tale of woe and intrigue was not entirely homegrown).

Magenta in 2008 had begun discussion with Fenwick over plans for a three-year international development programme that included a three-year deal with Scottish giants Celtic for games against Jabloteh’s senior and junior teams, as well as the establishment of an academy in Trinidad. Conveniently the financial exposure for Fenwick and Magenta was TT$1 million, says Hospedales.

Hospedales then suggests a second cheque for TT$1 million from CLICO in January 2009 was intercepted by Fenwick – just a month after the first TT$1 million had been banked. Neither CLICO nor Jabloteh seem to be able to locate where the cheque was deposited. There is no comment from Fenwick documented in the court papers seen by Insideworldfootball.

The Celtic agreement appears to be as elusive as the cheque with Hospedales saying Celtic failed to turn up for a game when the senior Jabloteh team visited.

In December 2010, CLICO informed Jabloteh that it was cancelling its sponsorship. That triggered the clause in Fenwick’s contract that gave the club the right to release him. In 2013 Fenwick sued. It is understood the case reached a mediated settlement though the detail of that settlement has not been clarified to Insideworldfootball.

It is not just Fenwick’s business dealings that have gone unchecked but seemingly his general behaviour as well. According to Hospedales’ witness statement he details his leaving of a Pro League game 15 minutes before the end and on the way to his car being chased and physically threatened by Fenwick, who had left his position on the touchline to make his threats

Seven years later, Fenwick today takes the training of a selected group of Trinidad and Tobago’s youth players, overseen and encouraged by Trinidad and Tobago’s FA who are currently being run by a FIFA Normalisation Committee. Miller has also retained his marketing position within the TTFA. All sanctioned by interim TTFA chair Robert Hadad, the new broom trumpeted to clean up the twin island state’s football.

Last night a video was circulating on WhatsApp of Fenwick covering many of the issues (and more) above. It is worth watching, if only to see the quality elbow smash Fenwick (who is coaching) delivers to the head of an opposing team player in a Pro-League fixture as he celebrates a goal. Fenwick also got away with that assault.

Video - VIDEO 2020 07 02 20 24 58 2

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 07, 2020, 09:19:26 PM »
Let’s here from Fenwick defenders(at home and here) before judgement is passed. After all, I think it was only one individual on the selection committee opposed that selection. Though I feel we get hoodwinked one more time. Them fellas seem to have Trini down to a T, and now and T.

add: the lady name pronunciation is jokey/cute doh.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:21:13 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 08, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
DeeksI will keep my fingers crossed for this man who I think is more Trini than me,I hope his attitude has changed and less of the hot head.TW mirrors the attitude of people from the North East,the people come from very deprived parts and maybe TW is one with such a background.They all seem to have a fighting spirit and even sound like they want to fight when they speak.When I was studying in Manchester I heard one of the students talking,I said are you from Newcastle,his reply,"like f**k I'm not i'm from Carlisle",the thing is Carlisle is a stones throw from Newcastle.Manchester people call them "nutters".One question did you agree with TW as our coach.

Breds, YES! I think he has as much right as any Trini to coach the team. He lives in TT. He started from the ground floor. He was in the trenches with Jabloteh. He did a good job. He could have packed up and go back Hengland. He stayed and dealt with TT bakanal. TT has hired a number of coaches since he is here. Some foreign, some local. Some were good, and some were bad. Real bad. I think he should be given the chance. But leh we don't talk too fast because this contract business might screw up everything.

Looked like he learn the Bachanal better than We, and fellow mentor (Peter Miller) guided him well. Ka-Ching.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 09, 2020, 03:58:43 AM »
I like this lasana guy somewhat, but does he ever have anything cheerful to share? every time I read his article there’s always shyte to make your stomach turn and nothing to make you happy, just a real bad news journalist, it’s almost as if he thrives on conflict and bachanal.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:00:21 AM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1177 on: July 09, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »
Dear editor: Fenwick pegged Wallace as a ‘sucker’—TTFA scandal unearths key internal flaws.
Wired868.com.

“[…] Forget however one might feel about [Terry] Fenwick on a personal basis, the simple fact that he has allegedly encouraged [William] Wallace to bypass the TTFA Executive Board and sign off on ‘secret’ contracts demonstrates that Fenwick was not concerned with proper administrative process, protocols or practices, but rather his own selfish interests.

“Right or wrong he pegged Wallace as a sucker and proceeded to abuse the latter’s trust in him…”

In the following letter to the editor, attorney Nigel S Scott shares his disappointment in recent revelations regarding Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace and Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick and governance of the local football body:

The recent Wired868 series of articles on sidelined Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace’s truncated reign atop local football, represents investigative journalism of the highest order. That being said, the revelations in those articles cast a very negative and unflattering light on everyone involved.

From a personal perspective, I am most disappointed by Men’s Senior National Team head coach Terry Fenwick, first, and with Wallace himself coming a close second.

Forget however one might feel about Fenwick on a personal basis, the simple fact that he has allegedly encouraged Wallace to bypass the TTFA Executive Board and sign off on ‘secret’ contracts demonstrates that Fenwick was not concerned with proper administrative process, protocols or practices, but rather his own selfish interests.

Right or wrong he pegged Wallace as a sucker and proceeded to abuse the latter’s trust in him—the goal seemingly to get as much as he could from the TTFA, the best interest of the organisation be damned.

This apparently was not an opportunity to contribute to and improve local football, but rather an opportunity to contribute to his pockets and improve the circumstances of his family and himself.

Wallace meanwhile, comes across as incredibly naive, bordering on dunce. And I say that with no malice on my part—the evidence speaks for itself. He has unilaterally committed the TTFA to an arguably onerous sponsorship contract with Avec Sport, a relatively obscure UK company, swayed in part by representations made to him that the company is owned by Nike.

A simple Google search reveals rather that the company, along with another sportswear supplier, Just Sports ProClub, are subsidiaries of the Just Sport Group.  Rather than Avec Sport, it is the Just Sport ProClub that operates in partnership with Nike.

What efforts did Wallace make to independently verify that information, or anything else told to him by Fenwick or Fenwick’s cohort, Peter Miller? For that matter, what makes Wallace think that he did not need board approval for contracts as he stated recently?

He has the authority to sign off on contracts, but signatory authority is not the same as decision-making authority. There will be one, usually two signatures on any financial instrument (as designated in a company’s Articles or Bylaws), but decisions are made only upon agreement by the board.

This is basic corporate governance, and to not adhere to that demonstrates either wilful ignorance or gross incompetence—either of which is disqualifying and incompatible with the position with which he was entrusted.

But all long talk aside, this episode is just the latest chapter in a sad and shameful saga of chronic mismanagement at the highest levels of local football. The TTFA’s Constitution requires that candidates to its executive board must have been active in a managerial or similar position in football within Trinidad and Tobago, for at least three of the five years preceding the election.

As recently as last week I have seen others bemoan this restriction and I dismissed the gripes then, as I always have. I did not have any issue with the limitation before, because I understood the rationale as insurance that office holders would have some vested interest in the proper running of the body—aka, some ‘skin’ in the game. But now I’m not so sure.

Why is it that we perennially keep getting this wrong? Why is it that we can’t seem to find honest, capable, competent and committed individuals to steer the ship?

The answer has to be because the selection/vetting process is flawed. That, and once in power those elected to office seemingly place more trust in relationships (right or wrong) and intuition, rather than in processes and best practices.

And ‘best practices’ as used here is not some filler language tossed in without forethought or meaning. This is no secret—there are thousands of models and examples that are already proven, and which are not just theoretical assertions untested by real world application.

We know what we should be doing, we just refuse to do it.

This sad episode just confirms to the objective onlooker how intrinsically broken football in Trinidad and Tobago has been, and continues to be.

We need a total tear down and rebuild, and until then we just wasting people’s time.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 09, 2020, 03:17:47 PM »
I like this lasana guy somewhat, but does he ever have anything cheerful to share? every time I read his article there’s always shyte to make your stomach turn and nothing to make you happy, just a real bad news journalist, it’s almost as if he thrives on conflict and bachanal.

Bad news make the most money.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 10, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »
Trinis like to hear the truth, but always think of it as if is fictional.. until the pit-viper that they read about biting everybody else, actually bite dem. Then it gets real. To late.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1180 on: July 13, 2020, 04:48:00 PM »
Coach Fenwick trims training squad to 29.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

The T&T senior national football team has been reduced to 29 players, now making it an 'A' and 'B' squads in training, national coach Terry Fenwick has said.

In an interview on Monday Fenwick in an update on the team said a 'B' squad was formed so that the guys who were with them last week, will join in with the 'B' squad so that they will have a nice blend of youthful interaction with so many players across the board.

Fenwick praised the commitment and attitude of the players, particularly those from the T&T Defence Force and the Police Service, whom he said put in the work at training, despite having to work throughout the night.

"Starting this week, we have now branched off, I have put very simple disciplines. All of the games we've had, all of the people sessions we have had, have all come with conditions and some of those conditions as simple as they may sound, like two-touch and they run off so these players are moving the ball quicker," Fenwick said as he talks about the progress of the team.

According to Fenwick, they have been working behind the scene on passports for some players with T&T parentage and will be trying to get some of their key players in the team when the borders are opened. "Kevin Molino, coming off the bench and of course we are keeping tabs of all our international players that are starting up in their League programmes around the world.

One of our top stars Kevin Molino, coming off the bench to score the winning goal for his team at the weekend. We're looking to bring them in when we can. When they open the borders, we know that might be a little while, but we're doing some great stuff behind the scene. We're pushing through one or two passport applications to get players with T&T parentage. It could be great we bring them together and the club gives up that extended time to do so."

The English-born coach was also disappointed by the fact that football leagues across the world have been starting up, except our local T&T Pro League.

T&T Squad.

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Aaron Enil (Defence Force), Christopher Biggette (San Juan Jabloteh);

Defenders:

Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Justin Garcia (Defence Force), Jesse Williams (Central FC), Jameel Neptune (Central FC), Isaiah Garcia (W Connection), Brandon Semper (San Juan Jabloteh), Jelani Peters (Unattached), Kareem Riley (Florida Gulf Coast University—USA);

Midfielders:

Kevon Goddard (Central FC), Justin Sadoo, Michel Poon-Angeron (Club Atletico Banfield—Argentina), Che Benny (Central FC), Matthew Woo Ling (AC Port of Spain), Jabari Mitchell (Police FC), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), John-Paul Rochford (AC Port of Spain), Molik Khan (W Connection), Judah Garcia (Point Fortin Civic), Gary Griffith III (Coleraine FC—Northern Ireland), Micah Lansiquot (San Juan Jabloteh);

Forwards:

Justin Araujo-Wilson (San Juan Jabloteh), Shaqkeem Joseph (Club Sando), Dwight Quintero (Defence Force), Nicholas Dillon (Patro Eisden Maas—Belgium), Akeem Roach (Unattached), Jean-Heim Mc Fee (AC Port of Spain).

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:39:11 PM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 13, 2020, 06:08:32 PM »
Gary Griffith III ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 14, 2020, 06:06:02 AM »
Gary Griffith III ?
All politics .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 14, 2020, 09:45:49 AM »
Gary Griffith III ?
All politics .....

Unless  Fenwick  is going to groom some of these guys as a B team/U-23. Unfortunately the Olimpic qualification done gone.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:47:25 AM by Deeks »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 14, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
 rangers players missing i noticed ... 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:39:57 AM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: July 14, 2020, 11:02:09 AM »
Brent sam did not make this cut   :-[  was boval invited to this camp btw ?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1186 on: July 14, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »

Ferguson (Rangers boss) banned his players from attending NT. And yes, Bonval was invited.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1187 on: July 14, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »
Players - Age

Adrian Foncette [31]
Aaron Enil [24]
Christopher Biggette [24]

Curtis Gonzales [31]
Justin Garcia [24]
Jesse Williams [18]
Jameel Neptune [26]
Isaiah Garcia [21]
Brandon Semper [20]
Jelani Peters [26]
Kareem Riley [22]

Kevon Goddard [23]
Justin Sadoo [22]
Michel Poon-Angeron [19]
Matthew Woo Ling [23]
Jabari Mitchell [22]
Hashim Arcia [31]
Molik Khan [16]
Judah Garcia [19]
Micah Lansiquot [23]
Che Benny [19]
John-Paul Rochford [20]
Gary Griffith III [18]
Shaqkeem Joseph [19]

Justin Araujo-Wilson [17]
Dwight Quintero [26]
Nicholas Dillon [23]
Jean Heim McFee [18]
Akeem Roach [24]

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 16, 2020, 03:01:20 PM »
Whatever happened to "Pappy" ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxjv1jsWpM

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 16, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »

Heard he has been struggling in training.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 16, 2020, 06:41:49 PM »

I read that Ferguson did not want his players attending because some issue. Others can verify.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 16, 2020, 06:56:07 PM »

Heard he has been struggling in training.

This lil man has the it factor ..... but he needs to be groom immediately by a good coach. He don't have much time. In this age of football he has to be on the fringes of a club first squad. He has the skills. Good first touch, and the body movement is up there with many of the past. He needs some weight room work to help him with his strength, stamina and speed. Don't give up on him yet. I was just checking this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWzcXZTC0GI

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 16, 2020, 09:22:37 PM »
Yeah i remember this game, lots of potential...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1193 on: August 20, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »
Terry Fenwick: Pay us, please.
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

Yesterday’s Concacaf Zone opening round draw was as favourable as national senior team coach Terry Fenwick could have hoped for.

The Warriors drew Caribbean rivals Puerto Rico, Guyana, the Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis in Group F at the draw for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup in Zurich, Switzerland. If T&T wins that preliminary group, a two-leg second round with the winner of Group A, containing El Salvador, is next. That second-round winner then plays the USA for an automatic World Cup spot. Qualifying begins in October and November.

“It looks pretty good. It looks favourable,” Fenwick mused after watching yesterday’s draw. But greater questions plagued his thoughts.

“I need to know that we have the finances and leadership to get us to a position that we can go out there and win,” the coach stated. “I don’t want October, to come around and we have to go into qualifying without money, without preparation, without getting the players together and getting a camp where we can work hard.”

The former England World Cup defender said the uncertainty of whether FIFA’S Normalisation Committee or the exiled William Wallace-led TTFA executive is in charge of football, is hampering the national men’s team programme.

“It’s been frustrating to say the least. I have not heard anything. When are they going to get up and running?” stated Fenwick—despite having reached out to local businessman Robert Hadad who FIFA made chairman of its Normalisation Committee, taking over the TTFA operations in March.

“Normalisation means getting back to normal. So, what happens next? What budget is available? Can we get a camp organised? What budget will be made available to bring in players from around the world to represent Trinidad and Tobago? And he can’t give me an answer.

“I am hoping somebody can untie Mr Hadad’s wrist so that he can start making a few decisions,” he added.

He also addressed the lack of financial support to his staff.

“When are they going to look after my staff and recognise that my staff... we haven’t been paid for eight months,” he declared.

Fenwick commended coaches Derek King, Keith Jeffrey, Clayton Ince, Keon Trim and Adrian Romain, and captain Basil Thomson, who have all worked behind the scenes without pay.

“We have done everything on not even a shoe-string budget,” he said, acknowledging the help given by Police Commissioner Gary Griffith and others, including Hadad who had provided some food to the players from his own company,

“For us to be competing in these tournaments, I need my staff looked after,” he continued, calling for a compromise between FIFA and the TTFA in the interest of football.

Fenwick also commended the Herculean effort put in by the group of local players he has been working with, most of whom are non-contracted.

“They are still turning up because they want to represent their country,” he said, “and they are being thrown under the bus, for want of better words, because of the internal politics here in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Fenwick is also hoping for a quick restart to local football but he hinted that if the local football politics are not sought out, a promising World Cup qualifying campaign may end before it begins.

“A collaboration may be wonderful at this stage so the kids on the street can see something happening that is favourable to them,” he said.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 20, 2020, 06:09:05 PM »
Terry Fenwick: Pay us, please.

Yesterday’s Concacaf Zone opening round draw was as favourable as national senior team coach Terry Fenwick could have hoped for.

The Warriors drew Caribbean rivals Puerto Rico, Guyana, the Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis in Group F at the draw for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup in Zurich, Switzerland. If T&T wins that preliminary group, a two-leg second round with the winner of Group A, containing El Salvador, is next. That second-round winner then plays the USA for an automatic World Cup spot. Qualifying begins in October and November.

“It looks pretty good. It looks favourable,” Fenwick mused after watching yesterday’s draw. But greater questions plagued his thoughts.

“I need to know that we have the finances and leadership to get us to a position that we can go out there and win,” the coach stated. “I don’t want October, to come around and we have to go into qualifying without money, without preparation, without getting the players together and getting a camp where we can work hard.”

The former England World Cup defender said the uncertainty of whether FIFA’S Normalisation Committee or the exiled William Wallace-led TTFA executive is in charge of football, is hampering the national men’s team programme.

“It’s been frustrating to say the least. I have not heard anything. When are they going to get up and running?” stated Fenwick—despite having reached out to local businessman Robert Hadad who FIFA made chairman of its Normalisation Committee, taking over the TTFA operations in March.

“Normalisation means getting back to normal. So, what happens next? What budget is available? Can we get a camp organised? What budget will be made available to bring in players from around the world to represent Trinidad and Tobago? And he can’t give me an answer.

“I am hoping somebody can untie Mr Hadad’s wrist so that he can start making a few decisions,” he added.

He also addressed the lack of financial support to his staff.

“When are they going to look after my staff and recognise that my staff... we haven’t been paid for eight months,” he declared.

Fenwick commended coaches Derek King, Keith Jeffrey, Clayton Ince, Keon Trim and Adrian Romain, and captain Basil Thomson, who have all worked behind the scenes without pay.

“We have done everything on not even a shoe-string budget,” he said, acknowledging the help given by Police Commissioner Gary Griffith and others, including Hadad who had provided some food to the players from his own company,

“For us to be competing in these tournaments, I need my staff looked after,” he continued, calling for a compromise between FIFA and the TTFA in the interest of football.

Fenwick also commended the Herculean effort put in by the group of local players he has been working with, most of whom are non-contracted.

“They are still turning up because they want to represent their country,” he said, “and they are being thrown under the bus, for want of better words, because of the internal politics here in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Fenwick is also hoping for a quick restart to local football but he hinted that if the local football politics are not sought out, a promising World Cup qualifying campaign may end before it begins.

“A collaboration may be wonderful at this stage so the kids on the street can see something happening that is favourable to them,” he said.

He probably could  pay his staff with all the alleged back door sponsorship deals

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 23, 2020, 04:41:53 AM »
man. Very sad to hear that Derick King leave he good wok to come to this shythe 4 free.  :'(

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1196 on: September 11, 2020, 05:07:55 PM »
Fenwick, others still in limbo, but regular technical staff soon to be paid

Individual contracts, among them that of senior men’s national coach Terry Fenwick, are still being perused. However, most regular national team technical staff members can expect to be paid outstanding salaries soon.

A commitment was given to pay the regular coaching staff following Wednesday’s meeting between national football teams technical staff members and the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee, which world football’s governing body FIFA installed in March to run football in Trinidad and Tobago.

“In the meeting, which was facilitated virtually, the normalisation committee outlined proposals for the settlement of outstanding payments to technical staff members. The proposal was generally satisfactory. However, nuances in some individual contracts require further engagement,” a release from the National Coaches Steering Committee said.

“We believe there is good reason to be optimistic of this process being completed within the time frame suggested by the normalisation committee. This optimism is borne out of the productive and transparent nature of the meetings between both parties thus far,” the release added.

Wayne Sheppard, a member of the Steering Committee, related to Trinidad Express his satisfaction with the process and relief that coaches and other staff would be paid for services for the first time this year. Payment will be made by direct deposit to individual bank accounts.

“They gave a commitment to pay the staff members,” Sheppard said.

“The senior staff, however, they each have individual contracts. So they each had to go into meetings. In discussion, the points they had reached differed based on the individuals and their contracts,” Sheppard explained.

“There is still some discussion going on with the contracts of the senior staff members and some of the head coaches. They need to clarify one or two things because the contracts are individual. So some conversions still had,” Sheppard explained, “As far as the other members of the technical staff, it is more or less ironed out already.”

Many of the regular contracts ended in August. However, Sheppard revealed that no discussion was made about continuing the contract of these coaches.

“It was hinted that changes were to be made,” Sheppard said, “We yet to understand what would be the method used to make these changes. They have proven that they are qualified. So what is the determination that these coaches will not be given the opportunity to continue?”

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 12, 2020, 08:23:22 AM »
TF doh come like a martyr and pleading the case - after all the alleged wheeling and dealing with alleged sponsorship profits I am sure thank a private football academy could employ and pay these coaches  for conducting private clinics for youths throughout the nation
That would be a good Robin Hood like move - steal from the rich and honour the poor

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1198 on: September 24, 2020, 11:08:08 AM »
Fenwick eager to resume training as court case dropped.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

NATIONAL men’s senior football coach Terry Fenwick thanked the United TTFA for showing “compassion” by dropping its case against FIFA, which will allow the T&T footballers to focus on playing the sport rather than being distracted by off the field matters.

Despite only being in charge of the T&T national team since January, Fenwick has had challenges since being hired for the position.

Fenwick is happy that matters on the field of play will now be the focus again, especially as the Concacaf Gold Cup draw is next Monday.

Fenwick, an Englishman living in T&T for over 20 years, said, “I see the compassion showed by William Wallace to get football back on track and of course with Gold Cup coming up it’s important not to just the coaches and the players, but the football public at large, the fans out there that want to see TT playing football recognize that.”

In March, the covid19 pandemic started to affect T&T and football was brought to a halt.

Also in March, former TTFA president Wallace and the United TTFA executive were removed from office by FIFA mainly because of massive debt. A normalisation committee was then hired by FIFA to run local football.

The United TTFA decided to take legal action against FIFA’s decision to appoint the normalisation committee.

National footballers and coaches breathed a sigh of relief, as on Wednesday the United TTFA decided to withdraw the case. That situation took attention away from the national footballers.

The national senior coach said T&T can’t fall behind as football has resumed around the world.

“All over the world now we are watching football on tv. (It) might be behind closed doors, but nevertheless football is continuing. We’ve had CPL cricket here, but still no football. Me and my staff can’t wait to get moving again, get our players training, get friendly games lined up so we can be competitive.” Fenwick said the coaching staff has been planning during the downtime.

President of the Southern Football Association Richard Quan Chan said if the court case continued the players would have suffered.

“People will think about standing up to FIFA as strength, but this is one where the decision is more a nationalistic decision than a personal decision…the only people stand to lose is not the Richard Quan Chans and the William Wallaces of this world, but the athletes, the footballers are the only people who stood to lose. I think based on that I think the decision is a good one.”

Acting TT Pro League chairman and TTFA board member Brent Sancho said, “For the players, I am happy that they will get the opportunity to wear the national colours.”

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 24, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »
Have they worked out some type of Covid-Policy & testing procedures if they're looking to get back on the field for training?
Other leagues are pretty rigorous with their testing policies.

1]; } ?>