March 28, 2024, 05:58:06 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 226101 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1230 on: December 07, 2020, 12:45:02 PM »
I always wonder who are those mystery players  terry want to bring on board    that the public has no idea of ? To give the team a "shot in the arm"

we know of
Ryan Inniss (charlton athletic) out injured again
John bostock(unttached)
Nick deleon
Shaq moore
Rory mkenzie
Daniel Phillips(UNDER 20)
who are the others? Terry Fenwick say he has 23 foreign born ....time to find out .....Any strikers in the bunch ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick: T&T football team hampered by lack of $$
« Reply #1231 on: December 07, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

NATIONAL men’s football team coach Terry Fenwick has said a lack of finances has affected preparations for his squad, as the qualifiers for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup and the 2022 FIFA World Cup loom.

“We’re moving ahead as best we can, but I think everybody recognises here, that we’ve worked for a complete year almost, without any funding whatsoever,” said Fenwick, during an interview on Monday. “We still haven’t had one red cent from the TTFA (T&T Football Association), from FIFA, nothing.”

Fenwick said his own Football Factory had assisted the national training squad with equipment, while they have received drinks, water and ice from a few well-wishers.

“It’s only so far we can go,” said the former San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC coach. “A lot of the things that we’ll like to do are subject to budgets that are not in our hands (but) the normalisation committee's. We’re just awaiting word from them.”

In March, FIFA removed the TTFA executive, headed by William Wallace, and implemented a normalisation committee, chaired by Robert Hadad, because of the mounting debts by the local governing body.

FIFA suspended T&T from international football in September, after Wallace and his executive challenged their removal in the local High Court, instead of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland. It lifted the suspension in November.

The T&T team resumed training a few weeks ago and were involved in a practice match against a "select team," coached by former T&T midfielder Travis Mulraine, at the Police Barracks, St James on Monday morning.

“We won the game 8-0, against an older side, with an Under-23 team that I selected,” said Fenwick. “We’re doing what we can within the (covid19) restrictions.

“It’s important that people recognise that we’re doing this without a budget, without any money. It’s with the good intent of a lot of people, coaches included, that are turning up and helping out, without being paid.”

Asked about the attitude of the players, bearing in mind the financial struggles, and the impending Christmas period, Fenwick replied, “All of these kids have been training their socks off. We’re trying the best we can for the TTFA, the normalisation committee, to give the kids a stipend, something to take home for Christmas.

“It’s been very difficult for myself and my staff because these kids have come out, they’ve given their all. We (won Monday’s game) because my players were efficient, strong and structured, and playing to a game plan. But we’re under pressure because we haven’t gotten a budget.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick: T&T football team hampered by lack of $$
« Reply #1232 on: December 08, 2020, 08:30:19 AM »

NATIONAL men’s football team coach Terry Fenwick has said a lack of finances has affected preparations for his squad, as the qualifiers for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup and the 2022 FIFA World Cup loom.

“We’re moving ahead as best we can, but I think everybody recognises here, that we’ve worked for a complete year almost, without any funding whatsoever,” said Fenwick, during an interview on Monday. “We still haven’t had one red cent from the TTFA (T&T Football Association), from FIFA, nothing.”

Fenwick said his own Football Factory had assisted the national training squad with equipment, while they have received drinks, water and ice from a few well-wishers.

“It’s only so far we can go,” said the former San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC coach. “A lot of the things that we’ll like to do are subject to budgets that are not in our hands (but) the normalisation committee's. We’re just awaiting word from them.”

In March, FIFA removed the TTFA executive, headed by William Wallace, and implemented a normalisation committee, chaired by Robert Hadad, because of the mounting debts by the local governing body.

FIFA suspended T&T from international football in September, after Wallace and his executive challenged their removal in the local High Court, instead of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland. It lifted the suspension in November.

The T&T team resumed training a few weeks ago and were involved in a practice match against a "select team," coached by former T&T midfielder Travis Mulraine, at the Police Barracks, St James on Monday morning.

“We won the game 8-0, against an older side, with an Under-23 team that I selected,” said Fenwick. “We’re doing what we can within the (covid19) restrictions.

“It’s important that people recognise that we’re doing this without a budget, without any money. It’s with the good intent of a lot of people, coaches included, that are turning up and helping out, without being paid.”

Asked about the attitude of the players, bearing in mind the financial struggles, and the impending Christmas period, Fenwick replied, “All of these kids have been training their socks off. We’re trying the best we can for the TTFA, the normalisation committee, to give the kids a stipend, something to take home for Christmas.

“It’s been very difficult for myself and my staff because these kids have come out, they’ve given their all. We (won Monday’s game) because my players were efficient, strong and structured, and playing to a game plan. But we’re under pressure because we haven’t gotten a budget.”

NOS@&&$$!??ht. check the salary they paying ah head coach  albeit unproven at the national  or international level!!!!!!
The man eh even win ah friendly but command that kinda money !!!!!
Fa&$$)(K. Doh come talking about the team  eh have money
He  monthly salary alone could subsidize the national team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 08, 2020, 08:49:57 AM »

NOS@&&$$!??ht. check the salary they paying ah head coach  albeit unproven at the national  or international level!!!!!!
The man eh even win ah friendly but command that kinda money !!!!!
Fa&$$)(K. Doh come talking about the team  eh have money
He  monthly salary alone could subsidize the national team.

Yuh talking f00ckery !!!!!

He is the least paid coach for T&T in the past decade and he and all de other coaches in T&T eh get paid yet, over a year now and still Fenwick on de job, a local coach like Angus Eve woulda walkout already.

And he needs money to help the team and the players, any coach will need that.

I support Fenwick 100 percent, f00ck who vex.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:08:58 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 08, 2020, 02:43:40 PM »
Fenwick, despite other worries, is one of the most successful coaches in the history of the Pro League, the man is qualified at least.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 08, 2020, 04:58:44 PM »
Fenwick, despite other worries, is one of the most successful coaches in the history of the Pro League, the man is qualified at least.

I eh go say that 100%, in de time span he was there he was very successful and he did breakout plenty of good youths, he is also not bias with players selection and he is discipline, something he will instill in we local players.

Derek King and Stuart Charles was successful in de league to.

De difference with King and Charles is they was successful with teams who had money, Joe Public and W Connection.

Fenwick did with with Central FC, forget about Jabloteh, because at de time they had money when Fenwick was most successful, but Fenwick team was mainly based on YOUTHS.

Cornell Glen, Primus, Molino, Kelvin Jack, Aikim Andrews, Khaleem Hyland, Akiel Guevara, Elton John, Josh Johnson, Devon Mitchell, Noel Williams, Karlon Murray, Nigel Pierre, Kerry Noray, Guerra, Kerry Baptiste, Jason Marcano, Trent Noel, Cleon John, Nigel Daniel, Lester Peltier, Micah Lewis, Sheldon Bateau, Cyd Gray, Ian Gray, Uriah Bentick, Jamal Gay, Leston Paul, Willis Plaza, Elijah Manners, Cyrano Glen, Michael Celestine, Duarance Williams, Cordell Cato, etc etc.

Resurrecting Whitley, Keyeno Thomas, Travis Mulraine and Marvin Oliver

He also break in Angus Eve as a coach.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:14:14 PM by Sam »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 08, 2020, 06:44:38 PM »
Success in the pro league- check does that equals success at an international level? Does it warranty the salary he covertly negotiated?

How any other local coaches attained success but we're not awarded or paid that amount to coach the national team?

Why dint Hart or Lawerence bring himonstaff?

Bybeef is not with what he can potentially accomplish  but on what he is actually been paid-  I find it strange that no one sees the. Gross  negligence in 20k us $$$ a month

I shutter tothink what Lawerence was being paid or Hart?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 09, 2020, 03:44:05 AM »
Success in the pro league- check does that equals success at an international level? Does it warranty the salary he covertly negotiated?

How any other local coaches attained success but we're not awarded or paid that amount to coach the national team?

Bybeef is not with what he can potentially accomplish  but on what he is actually been paid-  I find it strange that no one sees the. Gross  negligence in 20k us $$$ a month

I don't know about salary, but we can't attract internationally successful managers, that must be obvious. In terms of "local" candidates - he is the most successful domestically, and in the absence of international success what else can we pick on? Fenwick ain't the personality to play second fiddle, so wouldn't ever accept a coach or assistant position.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 09, 2020, 07:58:55 AM »

Latapy was making 30,000 US a month and Lawrence was 20,000

What did they accomplished?

Stuart Charles, de same.

Fenwick is de best local coach for T&T right now and Derek King who is his assistant.

Good choice by Wallace.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 10, 2020, 07:30:20 AM »

Latapy was making 30,000 US a month and Lawrence was 20,000

What did they accomplished?

Stuart Charles, de same.

Fenwick is de best local coach for T&T right now and Derek King who is his assistant.

Good choice by Wallace.

Well - thanks for the information if these are indeed factual- The precedence of deploying funds in that amount seems  ludicrous. I reveries some earlier posts from years ago and I advocated for TF  however my contention is still with the salary- i wonder how that sum was determined - how transparent was that to the public? Consider that there allegations that the TT FA was 50 mil in debt and say 20 mil is one one coache's salary? Something is not adding up!

Is there an established grid and or criteria to determined a fair and equatable salary in determining a coache's salary by the TT FA? Or is it left open to an agent and his negotiation with the said organization?

What incentives are there for the coach if you are receiving that kinda Monet win or lose?
Surely a salary can be structured with incentives and increments based on team's performance, rankings and improvements?

What would a base salary look like for a coach based on credentials , experience  and success at international or at a national level?
So putting sentiments aside and gut feelings of who is credible to coach could there be objective standards  and  indicators of measuring or identifying a coach and equitable salary with build in incentives to a set maximum?

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How about Terry Fenwick to work with...
« Reply #1240 on: December 10, 2020, 08:26:23 AM »
How about Terry Fenwick to work with... the devolopment, the identification, the training and promotion of a locally based National squad?

14 years ago!!!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 10, 2020, 05:34:04 PM »
 Like I said in a previous post:

Terry has been looked over in the past because he has had some controversies in the pro-league. But he has remained steadfast in the trenches and bided his time. I had no issue with him being the coach. He has been in TT for over 20 years. So he should be given the chance. But this last fiasco with Wallace and fifa and the other English guys have me sour on him. But I feel he should be given the chance to coach the team. I say give him the space, time and money to develop the squad.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 11, 2020, 12:06:28 AM »
Like I said in a previous post:

Terry has been looked over in the past because he has had some controversies in the pro-league. But he has remained steadfast in the trenches and bided his time. I had no issue with him being the coach. He has been in TT for over 20 years. So he should be given the chance. But this last fiasco with Wallace and fifa and the other English guys have me sour on him. But I feel he should be given the chance to coach the team. I say give him the space, time and money to develop the squad.
Deeks, I think Alberta just trying to display that he always was for giving Mr Fenwick a shot. However, not at the price he arranged with Mr Wallace sans Board approval, especially under the present financial circumstance. Although I am in agreement, I'm not sure how jumping up and down and multiple posts will change the price of sugar. As it seems he already in like Flynn with the Normalization committee, even doh, according to the membership,  it was one of the 'MISDEEDS' the United TTFA (read Wallace) was accused of. And right now the tea we football drinking need even more sugar than maybe even Mr Fenwick can provide.
It's only pretty good money for our region, boarding exhorbitant considering no Intl experience. Although,it should be noted, none of our regional counterparts are in the administrative and financial hole that we find ourselves in. If it caves in, and we can't get our strongest players to return due to lack of finances to cover their commitment and help dig us out, this might just turnout to be another grave, more detrimental to those that we have dug ourselves out of in the past.
 The caliber of our usual grave diggers at a relatively low point at present. We hardly have a division 3 EPLer, 2 start MLSers are our greatest flag bearers. Mr Fenwick although he does have his work cut out, and may possibly rise to the occasion in the earlies, in the long term, if we cannot meet our commitments to the few experienced players, he may have to throw some puppies in the final dog fight when it most counts.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1243 on: December 24, 2020, 03:40:55 AM »
Mixed response as Fenwick praises T&T’s unbeaten run against makeshift local teams.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick came in for congratulations from some supporters but raised eyebrows among the local football fraternity, after pointing to results in lopsided exhibition matches as signs of progress by his squad.

The Soca Warriors are yet to play their first international friendly under the Englishman and it is uncertain whether he will have a proper warm-up match before their opening Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifier against Guyana on 25 March.

Undeterred, Fenwick still found reason to be cheerful about the form of his local-based training squad in a social media post last Wednesday. He informed fans that his players are on a four match winning streak with 33 goals scored, none conceded, and only four shots permitted on their own goal.

(A source close to the team said the correct figure was 32 goals, and an additional goal was tabulated in error.)

So who have his Warriors faced? Fenwick did not give details but Wired868 can confirm practice games against Pro League club AC Port of Spain and the Trendsetter Hawks Academy, as well as makeshift ‘combined’ teams from the central and east zones.

None of the zonal teams were organised by their respective zonal bodies. Instead, Crowne Trace and Chaguanas East Secondary coach Nicholas Griffith was asked to pick players from the central zone while Fenwick’s assistant, Adrian Romain, helped put together an eastern XI.

Fenwick allegedly asked all his opponents to use players aged between 16-21 so he could ‘see what young talented players there are’, and the northern team even fielded 14-year-old QRC schoolboy, Aydon Caruth.

It was a restriction Fenwick did not apply to his own squad, which featured several older players including Police FC goalkeeper Adrian Foncette and Defence Force playmaker Hashim Arcia, who are both 32.

Notably, while the Warriors train three or four times a week, they came up against teams that are unable to practice at all due to Covid-19 regulations.

It was odd then to see Fenwick reference the results as a yardstick to gauge his progress as national coach—particularly as he offered withering condemnation of his predecessor, Dennis Lawrence, for arranging a friendly against international minnows Anguilla, who they mauled 15-0 last year.

“I didn’t see the point of playing against kids,” said one coach, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “It’s not as if they can ask our opponents in the World Cup qualifiers to only play youngsters.”

The Warriors recorded their four wins as:

T&T 8 (Hashim Arcia [2], Shackiel Henry, Sean Bonval, Matthew Woo Ling, Justin Garcia, Brent Sam, Molik Khan), AC POS 0;

T&T 8 (Shackiel Henry [2], Sean Bonval [2], Judah Garcia, Jabari Mitchell, Brent Sam, Nathaniel James), Trendsetter Hawks Academy 0;

T&T 10 (Brent Sam [2], Rashad Hyacenth [2], Sean Bonval, Nathaniel James, Shackiel Henry, Tyrese Spicer, Jabari Mitchell, Mikhail McComie), Central XI 0;

T&T 6 (Shackiel Henry [2], Brent Sam [2], Sean Bonval, Molik Khan), Eastern XI 0.

Ironically, just nine from the 32 goals scored by Fenwick’s Warriors were converted by players who are 23 years old or younger—with teenagers Khan, Spicer and James, as well as the slightly older trio of Garcia, McComie and Mitchell taking the honours.

Fenwick did not respond to a query from Wired868 regarding why he limited his opponents’ player pool, and the value he saw in the results. However, a source close to the national set-up sought to explain what the former England World Cup defender had in mind.

“Playing guys in their late 20s and early 30s serves little purpose because they will not be fit and fast enough to keep pace with Terry’s squad,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “So what Terry was doing was trying to make sure the other teams were able to give him a good game. Added to which most teams abroad are looking for younger players; so Terry is thinking ahead and looking to build younger players so they can be ready for international football.

“What value is it for a national coach to play against old players? The vast majority of his squad now are under-25 with a handful over that, which is what it should be.

“Before, under previous coaches, the national team had it the other way around.”

Off the field, Fenwick and his coaching staff are believed to be still awaiting their first pay cheque—almost a year since being appointed by the William Wallace-led administration.

Fifa-appointed normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad promised to look into remuneration for national coaches since April. However, thus far, only technical director Dion La Foucade and director of football Richard Piper received any salary, along with office staff. And, even then, it was for one month’s work.

The going rate for normalisation committee members is US$6,500 per month for the chairman and US$4,000 for other members. Hadad is assisted by vice-chair Judy Daniel and ordinary member Nigel Romano and all three have been paid by Fifa.

The Warriors are drawn in Group F of a preliminary Concacaf bracket, alongside St Kitts and Nevis, Guyana, Puerto Rico, Bahamas. Only the winner will advance to the next phase of competition.

Concacaf 2022 World Cup qualifiers
(Group F)

Trinidad and Tobago v Guyana, 25 March,

Puerto Rico v Trinidad and Tobago, 28 March

Bahamas v Trinidad and Tobago, 5 June

Trinidad and Tobago v St Kitts and Nevis, 8 June.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 24, 2020, 08:12:29 AM »
Mixed response as Fenwick praises T&T’s unbeaten run against makeshift local teams.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick came in for congratulations from some supporters but raised eyebrows among the local football fraternity, after pointing to results in lopsided exhibition matches as signs of progress by his squad.

The Soca Warriors are yet to play their first international friendly under the Englishman and it is uncertain whether he will have a proper warm-up match before their opening Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifier against Guyana on 25 March.

Undeterred, Fenwick still found reason to be cheerful about the form of his local-based training squad in a social media post last Wednesday. He informed fans that his players are on a four match winning streak with 33 goals scored, none conceded, and only four shots permitted on their own goal.

(A source close to the team said the correct figure was 32 goals, and an additional goal was tabulated in error.)

So who have his Warriors faced? Fenwick did not give details but Wired868 can confirm practice games against Pro League club AC Port of Spain and the Trendsetter Hawks Academy, as well as makeshift ‘combined’ teams from the central and east zones.

None of the zonal teams were organised by their respective zonal bodies. Instead, Crowne Trace and Chaguanas East Secondary coach Nicholas Griffith was asked to pick players from the central zone while Fenwick’s assistant, Adrian Romain, helped put together an eastern XI.

Fenwick allegedly asked all his opponents to use players aged between 16-21 so he could ‘see what young talented players there are’, and the northern team even fielded 14-year-old QRC schoolboy, Aydon Caruth.

It was a restriction Fenwick did not apply to his own squad, which featured several older players including Police FC goalkeeper Adrian Foncette and Defence Force playmaker Hashim Arcia, who are both 32.

Notably, while the Warriors train three or four times a week, they came up against teams that are unable to practice at all due to Covid-19 regulations.

It was odd then to see Fenwick reference the results as a yardstick to gauge his progress as national coach—particularly as he offered withering condemnation of his predecessor, Dennis Lawrence, for arranging a friendly against international minnows Anguilla, who they mauled 15-0 last year.

“I didn’t see the point of playing against kids,” said one coach, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “It’s not as if they can ask our opponents in the World Cup qualifiers to only play youngsters.”

The Warriors recorded their four wins as:

T&T 8 (Hashim Arcia [2], Shackiel Henry, Sean Bonval, Matthew Woo Ling, Justin Garcia, Brent Sam, Molik Khan), AC POS 0;

T&T 8 (Shackiel Henry [2], Sean Bonval [2], Judah Garcia, Jabari Mitchell, Brent Sam, Nathaniel James), Trendsetter Hawks Academy 0;

T&T 10 (Brent Sam [2], Rashad Hyacenth [2], Sean Bonval, Nathaniel James, Shackiel Henry, Tyrese Spicer, Jabari Mitchell, Mikhail McComie), Central XI 0;

T&T 6 (Shackiel Henry [2], Brent Sam [2], Sean Bonval, Molik Khan), Eastern XI 0.

Ironically, just nine from the 32 goals scored by Fenwick’s Warriors were converted by players who are 23 years old or younger—with teenagers Khan, Spicer and James, as well as the slightly older trio of Garcia, McComie and Mitchell taking the honours.

Fenwick did not respond to a query from Wired868 regarding why he limited his opponents’ player pool, and the value he saw in the results. However, a source close to the national set-up sought to explain what the former England World Cup defender had in mind.

“Playing guys in their late 20s and early 30s serves little purpose because they will not be fit and fast enough to keep pace with Terry’s squad,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “So what Terry was doing was trying to make sure the other teams were able to give him a good game. Added to which most teams abroad are looking for younger players; so Terry is thinking ahead and looking to build younger players so they can be ready for international football.

“What value is it for a national coach to play against old players? The vast majority of his squad now are under-25 with a handful over that, which is what it should be.

“Before, under previous coaches, the national team had it the other way around.”

Off the field, Fenwick and his coaching staff are believed to be still awaiting their first pay cheque—almost a year since being appointed by the William Wallace-led administration.

Fifa-appointed normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad promised to look into remuneration for national coaches since April. However, thus far, only technical director Dion La Foucade and director of football Richard Piper received any salary, along with office staff. And, even then, it was for one month’s work.

The going rate for normalisation committee members is US$6,500 per month for the chairman and US$4,000 for other members. Hadad is assisted by vice-chair Judy Daniel and ordinary member Nigel Romano and all three have been paid by Fifa.

The Warriors are drawn in Group F of a preliminary Concacaf bracket, alongside St Kitts and Nevis, Guyana, Puerto Rico, Bahamas. Only the winner will advance to the next phase of competition.

Concacaf 2022 World Cup qualifiers
(Group F)

Trinidad and Tobago v Guyana, 25 March,

Puerto Rico v Trinidad and Tobago, 28 March

Bahamas v Trinidad and Tobago, 5 June

Trinidad and Tobago v St Kitts and Nevis, 8 June.
These are the kind of  fete matches and  pick up games wins you get for 20K US  per month?  Yuh have Venezuela next door? You have Grenada? Better yet call up Stern and rake on Anguilla? Call Latas and play Barbados?

This kind of false positives is just that- you could only fool some of the people some of the time- yuh want to assess talent?
TnT selects - I eh see this squad as a NATIONAL team  - in a series of matches against sele t squads from-
South
North
East
West
Tobago
TnT -Foreign based players coached by Hart and Lawerence

Set a series of these games up in January/ Feb- pick up and reshuffle players based on current performance throughout- games to serve as identification of potential talent and tryouts for - keep men on a competitive edge - hungry to make team.
Instead of the bs  games against  some inept talent. Why is it so difficult to put some serious legitimate  logistical plan in place  to create a successful bonafide competitive Team ?
Then select your National team-

Ps - to legitimize any of those games - we need D Touches match report😊😊😊
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:38:30 AM by ABTrini »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 24, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
I was an advocate for playing Ven. for years. But not in this current crisis in Ven.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 24, 2020, 03:38:35 PM »
I was an advocate for playing Ven. for years. But not in this current crisis in Ven.

I'd argue in favour - a home game in T&T would attract a crowd!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1247 on: December 27, 2020, 01:00:00 PM »
Fenwick: Football endured horrible year
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

NATIONAL men’s senior football coach Terry Fenwick is hoping for a bright and prosperous 2021 for T&T football after local football came to a halt in 2020.

Speaking about the possibility of playing friendly matches leading into the 2022 Concacaf World Cup qualifiers, Fenwick told Newsday, “We are working on that as we speak…we are looking forward to a new year of prosperity and a change certainly in football. It has been a horrible 2020 with covid19 causing enough (distress). Football has endured beyond belief, so I am hoping that changes (will happen).”

Despite being hired since the end of 2019, Fenwick has yet to hit the ground as the national team has not played any international matches under his leadership.

When covid19 started to affect T&T in March, T&T football was on the bench. The battle between the United TTFA and FIFA did not help matters. United TTFA and FIFA were involved in an eight-month legal battle over the world football body’s decision to remove the United TTFA executive and appoint a normalisation committee to run local football. The battle led to FIFA suspending the TTFA for two months from September to November.

Fenwick and his players were granted permission to resume training in June when Government relaxed covid19 restrictions. Since then the national players have been training at the Police Barracks in St James.

The 2022 Concacaf World Cup qualifiers kick off in March. T&T will open its World Cup qualifying campaign against Guyana in Group F on March 25, before playing Puerto Rico on March 28.

Group F also features Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis.

On November 20, Fenwick told Newsday he was hopeful T&T could play three friendly matches before the end of the year.

Those matches have not materialised, but on Saturday the national coach said he wants to get the ball rolling in early 2021.

Fenwick added that a camp is also being planned. “I have already put in a schedule which includes games in that period of time. I can’t confirm any teams to you until they come back and confirm themselves, but we have asked three teams to participate in January/February and we are trying to get a camp going.”

The camp may be held in the second and third week of February.

Fenwick said he will continue working with normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad to get “the best possible build-up to World Cup.”

Fenwick said plans are in place to put the players through fitness tests.

“We are not hanging around. We’ve got fitness evaluations on the 2nd and 3rd of January which is Saturday and Sunday next week. We are back into training from the 4th …so we are working hard on fitness, getting back into it, getting football moving again in T&T.”

Fenwick said the foreign-based players are expected to have a high level of fitness as they have been playing competitively in recent months. Fenwick closed by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a better 2021.

T&T defender Daneil Cyrus agrees with Fenwick that T&T must play friendly matches before the qualifiers kick off.

Discussing the value of match time, Cyrus said, “That is the very important. You could do how much fitness (work) you want, match fitness is the most important fitness because if you not playing competitive games you would not see what level you are at.”

He added, “It makes no sense if you just training for the whole year and you don’t play any games. If we don’t have three, four (competitive) games before these qualifiers it is going to be very difficult.”

Since returning from Iraq where he had a short stint with football club Erbil, Cyrus has not been training with the national team.

The national defender said experienced players are key when facing opposition such as Mexico and USA.

Cyrus, 30, has 91 caps for T&T since making his debut in 2010.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 28, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »

Yes but it might attract plenty POLICE too  ;D

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 30, 2020, 08:46:03 AM »

I mean if they pay entrance too, all the merrier!  :devil:

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 30, 2020, 12:50:04 PM »

Eh eh  wait hold on - this could be ah win win for the TTFA - National team and minister of National Security  and COP-

Set up a game against Venezuela -
1-  Normalization committee - TTFA - doing something positive
2- National team playing. A legitimate contender- not a pick up fete match against youths

3-  National security and COP - once match start and game going down - all entrances blocked - check for illegals- and gang affiliates-
Fast ferry waiting to transport back to Venezuela

Then we set up same  tactic against Guyana and so forth

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 30, 2020, 01:57:25 PM »

Eh eh  wait hold on - this could be ah win win for the TTFA - National team and minister of National Security  and COP-

Set up a game against Venezuela -
1-  Normalization committee - TTFA - doing something positive
2- National team playing. A legitimate contender- not a pick up fete match against youths

3-  National security and COP - once match start and game going down - all entrances blocked - check for illegals- and gang affiliates-
Fast ferry waiting to transport back to Venezuela

Then we set up same  tactic against Guyana and so forth

:rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1252 on: January 04, 2021, 02:22:43 AM »
Fenwick eyes Dominica, Grenada, SVG for friendlies.

COACH of the national men’s senior football team Terry Fenwick said discussions are being held to play Dominica, Grenada and St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) later this month to give his players solid preparation ahead of the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers in March.

Despite being in charge of the senior team for one year, Fenwick has not seen his players play a competitive match. The covid19 pandemic and the grappling between FIFA and the United TTFA placed T&T football on the bench in 2020.

Fenwick was aiming to have three friendlies before 2020 came to an end. Those matches did not materialise, but Fenwick is hopeful his players can hit the ground running in January.

Fenwick, in an interview with Newsday, on Sunday, said, “We’ve got Dominica, St Vincent and Grenada that we’ve reached out to, to try and bring them to Trinidad in January for this local squad of players.”

T&T will start its World Cup qualifying campaign on March 25 against Guyana in Group F. The group also features Puerto Rico, Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis.

T&T are currently the highest-ranked team in the group at 105th in the world. St Kitts and Nevis are ranked 139th, Guyana 166th, Puerto Rico 178th and Bahamas 195th.

“We trying to be proactive, we are trying to get out there, we are trying to make things happen…I am 45 years plus (in experience) with clubs in the UK. I know how it works, how it operates (and) I am trying to move it on.”

Fenwick is trying to put 2020 behind him and wants the players to be the focus of attention.

“I am trying to sidestep the politicking that is going on in the background that is holding things up because at the end of the day for me and my staff it is about the kids…no games in 2020, no matches, no nothing, it is depressing.

“If we can change that around and have a real positive start to the new year that is how we got to lead ourselves into World Cup qualification games.”

Fenwick said the friendly matches can only become a reality with support.

“We of course need the support of the normalisation committee and (normalisation committee chairman) Mr (Robert) Hadad. We want Government’s support because this is the biggest sport on the planet. We’ve got loads of players that are Trinidadian playing around the world and more than anything I want the people of T&T that love their football that support their (English) Premier League teams or whoever they support to come out and support their national teams.”

Fenwick is concerned that T&T are now ranked 105th in the world saying, “We’ve got to fix that.”

He stressed that preparation is crucial. “We need time which we have not got, but we need financing to make sure we give the players the best possible opportunity getting through the qualification games.”

Approximately 15 players were working alongside physical therapist/physical trainer Oswin Birchwood and strength and conditioning coach Gregory Seale at the St James Police Barracks, on Sunday. Seale was accompanied by his team of specialists.

The players were going through a series of tests which allowed the trainers to evaluate strength, balance, flexibility and power.

The players were involved in a yoyo test and an arrow test. An arrow test evaluates the speed and agility of players.

A yoyo test is a maximal aerobic endurance fitness test. It involves running between markers placed 20 metres apart at increasing speeds.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1253 on: January 06, 2021, 02:13:50 AM »
Fenwick targets Florida camp ahead of WC qualifiers.

A CAMP in Florida is being planned by Terry Fenwick to give the T&T men’s senior national head coach the opportunity to have a closer look at the US-based T&T players and allow those players to gel with the local-based players.

The countdown is on for the national footballers as the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers are less than three months away.

T&T will start its World Cup qualifying campaign on March 25 against Guyana in Group F.

The group also features Puerto Rico, Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis.

T&T are currently the highest-ranked team in the group at 105th in the world. St Kitts and Nevis are ranked 139th, Guyana 166th, Puerto Rico 178th and Bahamas 195th.

T&T have been short of preparation leading into the qualifiers as in 2020 the national team did not play any competitive matches because of covid19 and the grappling between FIFA and the United TT Football Association (TTFA). The dispute led to FIFA banning TTFA for two months from September to November. Club football was also at a standstill in T&T during 2020 which kept the players inactive.

“I am hoping to put a camp together in Miami…whereby we can bring in all of the North American players that are available for us for World Cup (qualifiers),” Fenwick told Newsday during a national team training session at the St James Police Barracks, on Sunday.

Fenwick said the camp will help the US-based players and local-based players form a cohesive unit. “We can bring them in. We could bring the best kids that we got available on the ground in T&T, so we merge them together. That will be the start of me putting my squad together for World Cup (qualifiers).”

The camp is expected to last between ten days and two weeks before the qualifiers begin.

Fenwick said most of his squad for the upcoming matches will be foreign-based players because they are match fit.

“There is no doubt that most of my squad, if not all, will be from US, UK generally. Players that are playing in leagues that are competing (and) that are match fit. We have identified a host of new players that when they hit the ground here in Trinidad it will be a shock to most, but I rather leave that until they’re here so we don’t disappoint.”

Fenwick said he will not be able to travel to England to meet T&T footballers based there because the country is under a covid19 lockdown.

“That might be difficult, but I have already identified as many as eight or nine players that I have identified in the UK that are playing at a very good level.”

Fenwick said the UK-based players should be available for the World Cup qualifiers because those matches are played in a FIFA window which allows the players to leave their respective clubs to represent their country.

After Fenwick sees the UK-based players in person he will have to make a quick decision to determine what players fit the team goal.

“When we get them for the World Cup playoff games that will be in FIFA windows so that will be for a week, ten days maximum.

“They are coming in and the first time I see them will be right before the World Cup qualifiers, so I then got to make quick and decisive decisions on my team.”

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 06, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »
Fenwick targets Florida camp ahead of WC qualifiers.

A CAMP in Florida is being planned by Terry Fenwick to give the T&T men’s senior national head coach the opportunity to have a closer look at the US-based T&T players and allow those players to gel with the local-based players.

The countdown is on for the national footballers as the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers are less than three months away.

T&T will start its World Cup qualifying campaign on March 25 against Guyana in Group F.

The group also features Puerto Rico, Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis.

T&T have been short of preparation leading into the qualifiers as in 2020 the national team did not play any competitive matches because of covid19 and the grappling between FIFA and the United TT Football Association (TTFA). The dispute led to FIFA banning TTFA for two months from September to November. Club football was also at a standstill in T&T during 2020 which kept the players inactive.

“I am hoping to put a camp together in Miami…whereby we can bring in all of the North American players that are available for us for World Cup (qualifiers),” Fenwick told Newsday during a national team training session at the St James Police Barracks, on Sunday.

Fenwick said the camp will help the US-based players and local-based players form a cohesive unit. “We can bring them in. We could bring the best kids that we got available on the ground in T&T, so we merge them together. That will be the start of me putting my squad together for World Cup (qualifiers).”

The camp is expected to last between ten days and two weeks before the qualifiers begin.

Fenwick said most of his squad for the upcoming matches will be foreign-based players because they are match fit.

“There is no doubt that most of my squad, if not all, will be from US, UK generally. Players that are playing in leagues that are competing (and) that are match fit. We have identified a host of new players that when they hit the ground here in Trinidad it will be a shock to most, but I rather leave that until they’re here so we don’t disappoint.”

Fenwick said he will not be able to travel to England to meet T&T footballers based there because the country is under a covid19 lockdown.

“That might be difficult, but I have already identified as many as eight or nine players that I have identified in the UK that are playing at a very good level.”

Fenwick said the UK-based players should be available for the World Cup qualifiers because those matches are played in a FIFA window which allows the players to leave their respective clubs to represent their country.

After Fenwick sees the UK-based players in person he will have to make a quick decision to determine what players fit the team goal.

“When we get them for the World Cup playoff games that will be in FIFA windows so that will be for a week, ten days maximum.

“They are coming in and the first time I see them will be right before the World Cup qualifiers, so I then got to make quick and decisive decisions on my team.”
So what's new? The same formula of that is been going on for centuries in our national team selection. Put together a " jokey local squad" hold training sessions knowing full well that this is just a transitional team to demonstrate  that a coach I'd doing work and in this case getting 20k us a month! Then wait and hastily bring in the foreign star boys to bolster the rooster!!!
There is not intent to create a solid local competitive culture that would make earning a spot on the team a level of accomplishment.
How did the present squad earn a tryout? What was the criteria? I suggested before that we employ:
A zonal competition- North South East West Tobago-tournament format- select a local squad following this playoff- take that squad to  UK /USA to play those identified as potential players that could represent TnT-
Then pick a national team to play any aganist - Anguilla, India, Venezuela, and any others who are looking to beat we up.
This old formula of just bringing inforeign base players knowing they have secured a position on the team has not been working over a sustainable time for TnT.
Our national team selection needs a new model of creating a competitive climate and establishing a route to success that would be in brained throughout the process- playerswould be acclimitiazing to the process of qualifing for a position locally- getting use to travelling to play foreign players vying for a position prior to playing against other countries. This is incentive laden from the get go. There are current players going through the motions knowing that as soon as the foreign based player is available their position or chance of making the final cut is nonexistent - likewise there are foreign based players who know they can waltz in and be guaranteed a spot on the team.
This  process is missing in terms of player development, competitive nurturing, team dynamics and a transparent fair opportunity of selecting the most formidable team. Talent alone will not cut it!!!

There are the intangibles for a local player  wanting to make that team  so asto procure possible future contracts- foreign players to establish leverage with foreign based clubs- an opportunity it's to be on the biggest stage.

Presently the system in place is deficient and that deficiency will be a deficit and deterrent as the competition intensifies - thenthe sameo.d rants would be played out about coaching and players - without use et giving a thought to the system we have in place from selection of players to coaches.
How possible is it during COVID to travel to US knowing you have to quarantine - set up a camp bring in players from other states and conduct sessions? What testing are available for players? How will the safety of players be ensured? There are some logistics here that given the current situation appears to be missing.

Would it be more feasible to establish a safe secured environment in Trinidad or Tobago invite foreign based players to a try out camp select potential players and then have a mini tournament?

All the way you are building a competitive climate and providing opportunities for development. It is not a given that the starting spots guaranteed are - if you are local and a goalie ( this is short sighted - thinking that technically this position is the least of consideration) secondly if you are a foreign based " star boy" no sweat we holding that position and begging for your services.
 Time to stop this madness  _ Time to earn your selection- earn your place - the same way for us to get another shot at WCis that we have to earn that spot. Create this thinking - time to transform the way we are currently operating. It's insane to be doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1255 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:41 PM »
Fenwick's men face Regional team in friendly.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

T&T's senior national football team will play its first practice match of the year against a regional association team on Thursday at the St James Barracks, Long Circular Road, St James.

The game will be the first of a few being organised by national coach Terry Fenwick ahead of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in March. With March 25th already set for the team's opening encounter with regional rivals Guyana, Fenwick has also been attempting to secure a camp in Florida, in the Unoted States soon, as well as other friendly matches against Dominica, Grenada, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

At a training session at the Long Circular Road facility on Wednesday, Fenwick made it clear he will not be making any player comfortable in his set-up, despite it not having any form of football taking place in the country at this point in time.

It has been Fenwick's major point of concern, which has forced him to identify some 25 players abroad, who will make up the core of his team at the qualifiers.

He told Guardian Media Sports on Wednesday that, "We have done work throughout 2020, we have now identified 25 players overseas, 12 from the UK and we've got another 13 in the United States that are excellent players that are playing in good Leagues, they are involved in competitive games on a regular basis. These will be the guys I will have to tap in to for the World Cup Qualifiers because they are playing competitive football."

The early start to Fenwick's preparation has been focused on work done last year or on more recapping of work done in 2020. Still, the Englishman who has had a successful record at T&T Pro League outfits San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC, is anything but a happy man, saying he needs the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee to step up the pace and work quicker, to get their programme in train.

Currently, the national team training has been the only form of football for the players in his squad, but to help these players Fenwick has been reaching out to our regional neighbours for help.

He said, "We have got no football on the ground in Trinidad and Tobago as we speak and there is no sign of it until after March. So these guys, the local guys on the ground in Trinidad and Tobago, not playing any competitive football unless they are in the national set-up with me. We are doing regional games, I am asking people from the different regions who I trust and who I recognize if they would bring out their best youngsters between 16 and 21 to play against us."

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 06, 2021, 07:56:40 PM »

T&T's senior national football team will play its first practice match of the year against a regional association team on Thursday at the St James Barracks, Long Circular Road, St James.

The game will be the first of a few being organised by national coach Terry Fenwick ahead of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in March. With March 25th already set for the team's opening encounter with regional rivals Guyana, Fenwick has also been attempting to secure a camp in Florida, in the Unoted States soon, as well as other friendly matches against Dominica, Grenada, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

At a training session at the Long Circular Road facility on Wednesday, Fenwick made it clear he will not be making any player comfortable in his set-up, despite it not having any form of football taking place in the country at this point in time.

It has been Fenwick's major point of concern, which has forced him to identify some 25 players abroad, who will make up the core of his team at the qualifiers.

He told Guardian Media Sports on Wednesday that, "We have done work throughout 2020, we have now identified 25 players overseas, 12 from the UK and we've got another 13 in the United States that are excellent players that are playing in good Leagues, they are involved in competitive games on a regular basis. These will be the guys I will have to tap in to for the World Cup Qualifiers because they are playing competitive football."

The early start to Fenwick's preparation has been focused on work done last year or on more recapping of work done in 2020. Still, the Englishman who has had a successful record at T&T Pro League outfits San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC, is anything but a happy man, saying he needs the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee to step up the pace and work quicker, to get their programme in train.

Currently, the national team training has been the only form of football for the players in his squad, but to help these players Fenwick has been reaching out to our regional neighbours for help.

He said, "We have got no football on the ground in Trinidad and Tobago as we speak and there is no sign of it until after March. So these guys, the local guys on the ground in Trinidad and Tobago, not playing any competitive football unless they are in the national set-up with me. We are doing regional games, I am asking people from the different regions who I trust and who I recognize if they would bring out their best youngsters between 16 and 21 to play against us."
S bs bs bs

We paying ah man 20us ah month to have  sessions with players who have little or no chance to make the team?  Why not take ah roti drink ah rum and  wait for foreign players to come play? If that is the rational moving forward that they have been playing competitive ball over the local players.
Why not create a competitive  system in TnT and create regional tournaments - ah frig I said all this before
Eheh ah coming just like TTFA doing the same thing year in year out and expecting different results
Allyuh real good we - 20 k to be sold a bag of stones?!!!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 07, 2021, 08:53:30 AM »
If they organising a game vs mainly 16-21 year olds, they just looking for a low intensity game then?

Granted no non-national teams supposed to be in training, but why is he only pushing for those young teams to run up against them for match fitness?
He think Guyana and the others gonna throw out youths for us?

smh
All this is just a scouting tool then?  since most of these players not gonna be used for the game as he said since they wont be match-fit & just gonna pull the best young talent from those youth teams he wants our Senior team to play against...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 07, 2021, 04:15:36 PM »

S bs bs bs

We paying ah man 20us ah month to have  sessions with players who have little or no chance to make the team?  Why not take ah roti drink ah rum and  wait for foreign players to come play? If that is the rational moving forward that they have been playing competitive ball over the local players.
Why not create a competitive  system in TnT and create regional tournaments - ah frig I said all this before
Eheh ah coming just like TTFA doing the same thing year in year out and expecting different results
Allyuh real good we - 20 k to be sold a bag of stones?!!!

Create regional tournaments? The CFU is supposed to do that. U14 - U23. But where is the CFU at this moment. We should have a U20 - U23 combination whether or not we have regional competitions. We should have North, east, central, south, deep south, Tobago(maybe split E-W), eastern counties. Have tournaments in each age group.

Getting back to regional tournaments. Seeing that the CFU are dormant, Haddad and Fenwick should get the eastern Caribbean to have   unofficial tournaments until CFU get their act together.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:19:13 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 08, 2021, 12:08:26 AM »
CFUs tournaments are always disappointing- they don't have and/or don't seek the backing to make them even cover the costs of clubs, so few islands usually enter. The whole professional and semi-pro split has undermined it in my opinion as well. "Professional" is a misnomer for most of the participants.

Some already do this or did it in the last - the French Antilles do it, and the Guyanas do it (or did, last Coupe de Guyane was a couple years ago).

1]; } ?>