April 18, 2024, 04:49:20 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 228125 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick Thread.
« Reply #1260 on: January 09, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »
Have to refocus the intent of regional tournaments- if these tournaments are purposely and Intentionally created as an avenue for national selection and not just some regional tournament.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 10, 2021, 09:22:43 AM »
Dominican Republic will be a good opponent to keep in mind as things evolve. They have Puerto Rico and Serbia on tap.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 11, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »
Dominican Republic will be a good opponent to keep in mind as things evolve. They have Puerto Rico and Serbia on tap.

Yup, Dominican Republic has really come on in the past 6 years - their league is one of the most professional of the region now, and they regularly get Colombians, Argentinians,.and other Latin Americans.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 11, 2021, 02:50:18 PM »

Yup, Dominican Republic has really come on in the past 6 years - their league is one of the most professional of the region now, and they regularly get Colombians, Argentinians,.and other Latin Americans.

Correct. And I expect they will continue to bubble. They are now coached by the coach (Jacques Passy, Mexico) who improved St.Kitts Nevis. It was an eminently sensible move for him.

Also, the league is uniquely placed to position itself at a viable intermediate point on the market and has been exploiting those levers. The most recent entrant is a Chilean affiliate of Levante (the club that Shaq Moore was getting his feet wet at). The proposition is that players who need playing continuity will have a shot in the Dominican Republic and maybe find a settled professional path from there. Levante is a club that tends to be in the shadow of Valencia. In multiple senses. So a project like this makes sense especially as La Liga's clubs have been encouraged to internationalize ventures.

And Chile in itself is not a bad axis. Everton was acquired by Mexican interests with a view to partially do the same thing as the Chile to DR project.

The question for NC/Hadad/Pro League is where does T&T position its "product"?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:52:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 11, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »

No where!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 11, 2021, 04:32:36 PM »

Correct. And I expect they will continue to bubble. They are now coached by the coach (Jacques Passy, Mexico) who improved St.Kitts Nevis. It was an eminently sensible move for him.

Also, the league is uniquely placed to position itself at a viable intermediate point on the market and has been exploiting those levers. The most recent entrant is a Chilean affiliate of Levante (the club that Shaq Moore was getting his feet wet at). The proposition is that players who need playing continuity will have a shot in the Dominican Republic and maybe find a settled professional path from there. Levante is a club that tends to be in the shadow of Valencia. In multiple senses. So a project like this makes sense especially as La Liga's clubs have been encouraged to internationalize ventures.

And Chile in itself is not a bad axis. Everton was acquired by Mexican interests with a view to partially do the same thing as the Chile to DR project.

You won’t believe how much plans gone awry. Only the already committed can study any sport now. When ppl bread and butter deplete,  is band yuh belly time.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2021/01/09/the-dominican-republic-received-four-million-fewer-tourists-due-to-the-pandemic-in-2020/

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 12, 2021, 05:59:56 AM »
We have 12 players in the uk now ..according to fenwick .... and 13 in the USA.....I am waiting to see who there guys are ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 12, 2021, 06:58:46 AM »
We have 12 players in the uk now ..according to fenwick .... and 13 in the USA.....I am waiting to see who there guys are ....

Talk talk - eligibility is one thing but are these so called identifiable foreign born players better or above the standards that a local player fighting to represent his country?

Foreigni bornshould not be a criteria for an automatic pass to the national team. The rigorous and process of selection should be in place for all players looking to represent TnT

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 12, 2021, 07:09:05 AM »

You won’t believe how much plans gone awry. Only the already committed can study any sport now. When ppl bread and butter deplete,  is band yuh belly time.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2021/01/09/the-dominican-republic-received-four-million-fewer-tourists-due-to-the-pandemic-in-2020/

Yes, even in a pandemic, or during a wildfire, my house burning doesn't mean the neighbour's house is on fire. And, the pandemic constitutes an opportunity in itself.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 12, 2021, 11:01:40 PM »

Talk talk - eligibility is one thing but are these so called identifiable foreign born players better or above the standards that a local player fighting to represent his country?

Foreigni bornshould not be a criteria for an automatic pass to the national team. The rigorous and process of selection should be in place for all players looking to represent TnT

Curious as to how they are scouted?
Do we have a video analysts team in place to compile games and clips of players that are sent to the coaches?

I know we had some scouts assisting the assoc. -- possibly pro bono --- before the NC situation.

Do the coaches here get their first look at these players when they reach in camp? or have they viewed their game footage prior to this?

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 13, 2021, 08:40:59 AM »

Curious as to how they are scouted?
Do we have a video analysts team in place to compile games and clips of players that are sent to the coaches?

I know we had some scouts assisting the assoc. -- possibly pro bono --- before the NC situation.

Do the coaches here get their first look at these players when they reach in camp? or have they viewed their game footage prior to this?

One can only wonder if there is a logician system in place to scout analyse and evaluate potential players- I am not even sure we do that in depth analysis locally given our alleged lack of resources.
 Far more on foreign soil. You know the Trini way- " ah have ah friend whose sone playing  so and so " give him ah look nah" meh uncle  son playing here  look nah ah know ah fella whose grandmother was from TnT check he out nah he playing real ball"

I think we still in that mind set- when it comes to the technical player evaluation, sadly lacking. All this despite the funds from FIFA for player and program development- nah we want to erect Centre for Excellence-  up.d Home of Football as what monuments and legacies to reigning presidents or for personal gains. Tell me if we could not refurbish Halsey Crawford Stadium and put money into programming proper player development and evaluation of talent to feed into our national teams. Too much ole talk inhow we conduct the business of football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:44 PM »
refurbish Halsey Crawford Stadium

Why HCS needs refurbishing ?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1272 on: January 14, 2021, 04:24:56 PM »
Fenwick focuses on changing 'sweat mentality'
By Keith Clement (T&T Guardian).

One week after the T&T's senior national football team played its first practice against a locally assembled team as part of its preparations towards the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in March, head coach Terry Fenwick provided the media with an update on the squad's preparations following a training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo yesterday.

It was the squad first training session away from the Police Grounds at the St James Barracks, which has been used as a training base since the players gathered in March, last year.

T&T's opening World Cup Qualifiers is set for March 25 with the team's opening encounter set to be with regional rivals Guyana, Fenwick said he and his technical staff have seen 335 players before narrowing it down to the squad in training now at 27.

"So, I am getting down to my 23 - 25 squad," he said, adding that the squad is a very young one compared to the old team T&T had a before he was appointed in December 2019.

"T&T will have a very young team, Under-23 players," he pointed out.

Fenwick, a former English World Cup defender, who is attempting to secure a camp in Florida, USA as well as other friendly matches against Dominica, Grenada, and St Vincent and the Grenadines, told the media that: "Under the circumstances, they are doing great. We got the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and if that was not difficult enough, we've got the issues and problems that plagued T&T football for the last 18 months. It's not been easy for them (the players) or the coaches and the administration. Across the board, it had been a difficult time for football."

He explained that COVID-19 has made preparations very difficult for the players and coaches.

"Over the period we had sessions where my group had been limited to five and seven players per coach. So we had lots of coaches coming in and doing great," Fenwick said. "The World Cup qualifiers in March, that's right around the corner and we are pressing upon the administration that we need to organise in advance and that we need good preparation so that we can be more than competitive when the games come around. That's important to me because it's not just the quality we have on the field, but the quality off the field to make sure that we are crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's."

He explained that he has identified 25 players overseas of which 8-10 are in the UK (United Kingdom) that are excellent players that are playing in good Leagues and they are involved in competitive games, regularly.

He said that there's a starting team in training and the players know what that team is, and they are trying to get into that team.

The former San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC coach said players like midfielder Kevin Molino, who is home will continue to rest while he concentrates on the home-grown players.

"When I get that fusion of international players with the quality we got on the ground then we will be starting to shape-up."

Fenwick, who enjoyed a professional career with five top English clubs, said he has is happy with what has been done off the field.

"We've identified new players that will be brand new to T&T football, but I'm not prepared to mention their names now, not yet, not until they touch down in T&T. We have some good players who want to play for T&T and who want to be competitive against Guyana. We know about the opposition," said Fenwick, adding that during the training sessions the objective is to change the mindset.

"We got that sweat...that's Trinidad mindset that if we 3-4 nil in front we give the opposition a chance and we let back into the game. Changing that mindset into a more professional, ruthless situation whereby we are not giving the opposition any lifts."

Fenwick, who has made T&T his home for over a decade, said: "There's comprehensive fitness test for all the players across the board, we are setting the profile so everybody will be under the microscope about how they are performing on and off the field. We're trying to uplift the science of the team."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1273 on: January 16, 2021, 03:45:46 AM »
Coach Fenwick awaits confirmation on regional friendlies.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago men’s football team coach Terry Fenwick is still hopeful that his squad will have a few friendly international matches before they start their 2022 FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone qualifiers in March.

Trinidad and Tobago, who will feature in Group F of the Concacaf First Round qualifiers, will meet Guyana on March 25 (at home), Puerto Rico on March 28 (away), Bahamas on June 5 (away) and St Kitts/Nevis on June 8 (at home).

On Monday, chairman of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee Robert Hadad said the TT Football Association (TTFA) was looking to confirm warm-up matches in Trinidad against St Vincent/Grenadines and Dominica.

Hadad said then, “We’re waiting on confirmation with regards to timing, and we have to work along with the Ministries (of National Security and Health) to get the Home of Football (in Couva) up and running properly, so we can use it.”

Fenwick, in an interview on Thursday, said, “I’m still waiting on confirmation from the normalisation committee as to the games that are coming (up). Everything is subject to funding.

“We’ve got our proposal in,” he added. “We’ve got the countries replying to the normalisation committee to go ahead with the games, but behind closed doors because of the covid(19) situation. We would be in a bubble.”

Fenwick, who is celebrating a year in charge of the T&T squad this month, has not had the luxury of a competitive match, for two reasons – to the covid19 pandemic as well as the suspension by FIFA of the TTFA (from September to November 2020), due to the former executive’s failure to desist from pursuing a challenge at the local High Court over their removal from office.

Concerning his training squad, Fenwick said, “We’re trying very hard to change the mindset because too many of the local players, because of (the state of) local football, haven’t kicked a ball in 2020.

“I’m trying to change mindsets because local players in particular (are) getting into this fete-match mentality,” continued the T&T coach. “That doesn’t work.”

Fenwick maintained his view that the core of his training squad will be younger players.

“The squad is generally Under-23 (players),” he said. “They’re working very hard, I’m proud of what they’ve done so far. We’re turning things around but we’re still a little distance away.

“We haven’t had any competitive games as yet so it’s a very hard call at the moment. But I can’t argue with the work ethic. I’m changing people’s mindsets as to how we approach games, the professionalism.”

Asked about TT midfielders Kevin Molino and Joevin Jones, who finished their 2020 season in December, Fenwick replied, “I’ve let them have a break, let them enjoy their families. We will be engaging them very shortly. The World Cup qualifiers in March so I’m looking at players who are playing at good levels. (Molino and Jones) will be at the top of the tree.

“I’m actually meeting Molino on Friday to have a discussion to see where he is, what’s going on and let him know what my plans are.

Fenwick had a look at a few overseas-based players but he said his current bunch are all locally-based.

Commenting on some of the foreign-based players, who he looked at in December, Fenwick said, “(Robert) Primus plays in India, he goes out at the end of this month. (Ataullah) Guerra hasn’t been around for a little while now because it’s a much younger squad that I’m working with. Obviously recognising the qualities that he brings to the table, but we were saddled with the oldest squad in football and I need to change that around. So, we got younger kids that have got open minds as to how football is played and for me to get the message across.”

Among the inexperienced faces in the T&T training squad are John-Paul Rochford, Matthew Woo Ling and Michel Poon-Angeron.

“They’re the types we’re looking for, people with fresh and open minds that want to compete,” said Fenwick.

Is the technical staff looking at the opposition teams to see their strengths and weaknesses?

“Of course,” Fenwick responded. “We’re looking at Guyana, what they’ve got to offer, who they’ve got, who they’ll be bringing in. Similar to ourselves, they’ve been looking all around the world.

“They’re playing their league format in Guyana (whereas) TT are not. We’re keeping tracks on them. They’ve got a new coach (Brazilian-born Marcio Maximo Barcellos) so things could change up. We’ll need to keep a close eye on the games that they have, the potential friendly games that we’ll have a look at.”

Fenwick, the former England defender and ex-coach of Pro League clubs San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC, has repeatedly stated his intention to include foreign-born players in the squad. How soon does he intend to do so?

“It’s the 14th of January,” he replied. “I still haven’t met with the chairman this year. That will be, as and when, I get around to meeting Mr Hadad so we can plan very quickly how we move forward.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 22, 2021, 07:18:23 AM »
Fenwick targets Florida camp ahead of WC qualifiers.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

A CAMP in Florida is being planned by Terry Fenwick to give the T&T men’s senior national head coach the opportunity to have a closer look at the US-based T&T players and allow those players to gel with the local-based players.

The countdown is on for the national footballers as the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers are less than three months away.

T&T will start its World Cup qualifying campaign on March 25 against Guyana in Group F.

The group also features Puerto Rico, Bahamas and St Kitts and Nevis.

T&T are currently the highest-ranked team in the group at 105th in the world. St Kitts and Nevis are ranked 139th, Guyana 166th, Puerto Rico 178th and Bahamas 195th.

T&T have been short of preparation leading into the qualifiers as in 2020 the national team did not play any competitive matches because of covid19 and the grappling between FIFA and the United TT Football Association (TTFA). The dispute led to FIFA banning TTFA for two months from September to November. Club football was also at a standstill in T&T during 2020 which kept the players inactive.

“I am hoping to put a camp together in Miami…whereby we can bring in all of the North American players that are available for us for World Cup (qualifiers),” Fenwick told Newsday during a national team training session at the St James Police Barracks, on Sunday.

Fenwick said the camp will help the US-based players and local-based players form a cohesive unit. “We can bring them in. We could bring the best kids that we got available on the ground in T&T, so we merge them together. That will be the start of me putting my squad together for World Cup (qualifiers).”

The camp is expected to last between ten days and two weeks before the qualifiers begin.

Fenwick said most of his squad for the upcoming matches will be foreign-based players because they are match fit.

“There is no doubt that most of my squad, if not all, will be from US, UK generally. Players that are playing in leagues that are competing (and) that are match fit. We have identified a host of new players that when they hit the ground here in Trinidad it will be a shock to most, but I rather leave that until they’re here so we don’t disappoint.”

Fenwick said he will not be able to travel to England to meet T&T footballers based there because the country is under a covid19 lockdown.

“That might be difficult, but I have already identified as many as eight or nine players that I have identified in the UK that are playing at a very good level.”

Fenwick said the UK-based players should be available for the World Cup qualifiers because those matches are played in a FIFA window which allows the players to leave their respective clubs to represent their country.

After Fenwick sees the UK-based players in person he will have to make a quick decision to determine what players fit the team goal.

“When we get them for the World Cup playoff games that will be in FIFA windows so that will be for a week, ten days maximum.

“They are coming in and the first time I see them will be right before the World Cup qualifiers, so I then got to make quick and decisive decisions on my team.”
So what's new? The same formula of that is been going on for centuries in our national team selection. Put together a " jokey local squad" hold training sessions knowing full well that this is just a transitional team to demonstrate  that a coach I'd doing work and in this case getting 20k us a month! Then wait and hastily bring in the foreign star boys to bolster the rooster!!!
There is not intent to create a solid local competitive culture that would make earning a spot on the team a level of accomplishment.
How did the present squad earn a tryout? What was the criteria? I suggested before that we employ:
A zonal competition- North South East West Tobago-tournament format- select a local squad following this playoff- take that squad to  UK /USA to play those identified as potential players that could represent TnT-
Then pick a national team to play any aganist - Anguilla, India, Venezuela, and any others who are looking to beat we up.
This old formula of just bringing inforeign base players knowing they have secured a position on the team has not been working over a sustainable time for TnT.
Our national team selection needs a new model of creating a competitive climate and establishing a route to success that would be in brained throughout the process- playerswould be acclimitiazing to the process of qualifing for a position locally- getting use to travelling to play foreign players vying for a position prior to playing against other countries. This is incentive laden from the get go. There are current players going through the motions knowing that as soon as the foreign based player is available their position or chance of making the final cut is nonexistent - likewise there are foreign based players who know they can waltz in and be guaranteed a spot on the team.
This  process is missing in terms of player development, competitive nurturing, team dynamics and a transparent fair opportunity of selecting the most formidable team. Talent alone will not cut it!!!

There are the intangibles for a local player  wanting to make that team  so asto procure possible future contracts- foreign players to establish leverage with foreign based clubs- an opportunity it's to be on the biggest stage.

Presently the system in place is deficient and that deficiency will be a deficit and deterrent as the competition intensifies - thenthe sameo.d rants would be played out about coaching and players - without use et giving a thought to the system we have in place from selection of players to coaches.
How possible is it during COVID to travel to US knowing you have to quarantine - set up a camp bring in players from other states and conduct sessions? What testing are available for players? How will the safety of players be ensured? There are some logistics here that given the current situation appears to be
missing.

Would it be more feasible to establish a safe secured environment in Trinidad or Tobago invite foreign based players to a try out camp select potential players and then have a mini tournament?

All the way you are building a competitive climate and providing opportunities for development. It is not a given that the starting spots guaranteed are - if you are local and a goalie ( this is short sighted - thinking that technically this position is the least of consideration) secondly if you are a foreign based " star boy" no sweat we holding that position and begging for your services.
 Time to stop this madness  _ Time to earn your selection- earn your place - the same way for us to get another shot at WCis that we have to earn that spot. Create this thinking - time to transform the way we are currently operating. It's insane to be doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

Ent ah say so-!!!! How yuh go plan ah camp inFlorida and not think about protocols and quarantine during COVID?

I watching how strict protocols and a bubble  is in place in the NHL and I eh know how these  planners thinking yuh go just fly up and have camp in USA?  The expenses  that you will have to incur in travel accommodation player safety ?
Risk involved if players test positive - isolation quarantine - and yuh paying 20k USA to one man!!!!

Look nah - This normalization committee far from acting normal but then again  this kinda thinking is normal for one heading up the TTFA.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1275 on: February 02, 2021, 04:52:03 AM »
Eve, Williams: Local players should feel hard done.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

FORMER T&T midfielder Angus Eve and former Strike Squad defender Brian Williams said the foreign-based T&T footballers were not given a fair opportunity to showcase their potential as they came together just days before their international friendly against the US. Eve added that the local-based players may feel hard done by the decision to play the foreign-based players after training alongside coach Terry Fenwick for months.

T&T fell to a 7-0 defeat at the Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday. T&T used the match as preparation for the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers, which kick off on March 25.

Jonathan Lewis, Jesus Ferreira and Paul Arriola all scored two goals apiece to lead the way for the US. Trailing 7-0 T&T had an opportunity to score from the penalty spot, but Alvin Jones failed to convert in the 66th minute. It was the first time T&T played a competitive match in over a year since Fenwick took over in January 2020. The covid19 pandemic and the feud between the TT Football Association and FIFA led to no football for T&T in 2020.

T&T fielded mostly foreign-based players in the first half who were playing more consistently than the local-based players. T&T made six substitutions during the match as Noah Powder, Justin Garcia, Michel Poon-Angeron, Duane Muckette, Matthew Woo Ling and Neveal Hackshaw all made appearances. Some of those players were training locally alongside Fenwick leading up to the US match.

T&T had better exchanges in the second half as USA scored its final goal in the 62nd minute.

Eve said hoping for a favourable result would have been asking a lot.

“It was not a good performance. Unfortunately for the guys, they were just thrown together in two days, so those foreign-based guys who would have probably dreamt about playing for T&T for a while...I don’t think that they were given a fair opportunity to play in an environment like that. Also, the local guys who would have been training for more than four months not taken to play the game that they work so hard towards was also a travesty for them.”

Eve, a T&T youth coach, discussing Fenwick’s debut as coach, said.

“We as coaches live and die by our decisions. I am not in the job, but the coach would have selected the guys, he would have looked at the guys and he believed that this was the best group of guys to go and play the game so he has to live and die with his decisions.”

Eve said the local-based players may feel demotivated that they won’t given the nod over the foreign-based players. “If I was a player who was training for months when I look at the game I would feel hard done by (it) because the American team also had a locally-based team with a lot of debutants.”

Eve commended T&T goalkeeper Adrian Foncette for his effort as he made a few impressive saves. Eve also said the substitutes showed potential when they were introduced.Williams, who was disappointed following the performance, was also not too critical as the team did not train much as a squad.

“In all fairness to the players a team that just came together it was difficult for them to put up any type of meaningful performance,” Williams said.

Speaking more about the T&T squad, Williams said, “That performance last night (Sunday) gave you a reflection of the present situation of football in T&T at this point in time. A team that was in training, but most of the players not in competition (and) new to the coach...definitely it was difficult for that T&T team presently to give any type of resistance or put up a meaningful fight against United States because of our situation presently.”

Williams believes T&T need to start looking towards the 2026 World Cup as the 2022 World Cup is less than two years away.

Williams, a former T&T Under-20 coach, said when the second half changes were made T&T settled down and were more competitive.

“The first half was four-nil and by the 62nd minute we were seven-nil. When he introduced the players more or less that he was working with locally from 62 minutes to 90 minutes they did not score another goal.”

Williams added T&T had a “better gameplay” following the second-half substitutions.

RELATED NEWS

Fenwick to cherry-pick players after USA drubbing.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

National coach Terry Fenwick is set to begin selecting the players, who he believes will be of value to the construction of his team in the coming days and weeks.

His team will face Guyana in an opening World Cup qualifier on March 25 in T&T, but now he will relish the opportunity to make more informed decisions regarding team selection, following Sunday's 7-0 demolition by the United States at the Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida, USA.

For the most part, Fenwick's side lacked structure and organisation in defence and attack, a combination that was coupled with inexperience, nervousness and the recognition of the USA unmatched power on the night.

Fenwick, a former coach of local pro clubs San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC in his post-match interview on Sunday night told the media his players did not show the attitude needed: "We knew this was going to be a very tough game. They've got a terrific side across the board. Their development plan for the past five to seven years is producing top-class players. Having said that, I am really disappointed by the result, the scoreline. We went into the game with a game plan, and I can only think that some of the senior players, it was too much for them, the occasion, the USA which is a big team."

He noted further: "We did not have the big attitude, the big strength, the big ask and we were very poor in the opening stages, and it set the tone for the game."

The English-born coach has, for the past few months, made his concerns of a non-functional football league, and the difficulty to scout new overseas players, known to the national community, both of which, were caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Several months leading up to the USA versus T&T international friendly match, Fenwick had a squad of players training of which he reduced to a 23-man squad two weeks before the contest. Last Wednesday he announced a squad that comprised just seven local players and 17 foreign-base players to face the USA.

Fenwick, a former England World Cup player, said he took a gamble by using the overseas players from the MLS/USL, thus getting to see them for the first time against the USA. He felt they would have been more prepared for such a match. However, he said he will have to cherry-pick his players before he moves on.

"If there was an up-side, it was in the second half. I think Neveal Hackshaw came on and made a big difference. A good defender who played it well from the back, and the local guys in the middle of the park, well, they started playing a little bit of football. They pressed forward, got the penalty which was squandered. I saw that as a positive. It's up to me now to cherry-pick the ones that are going to be of value and move on to the next stage."

Fenwick let down by overseas players in 7-0 loss.
T&T Express Reports.

Gamble fails

Terry Fenwick handed seven players their international debuts against the United States in Orlando on Sunday evening, but the Trinidad and Tobago coach has admitted that the plan backfired. T&T were outclassed 7-0 by an under-strength USA team in their first warm-up match ahead of a March 25 opening World Cup qualifier against Guyana, and Fenwick was let down by some of the overseas-based players he called up for his first official match since taking over from Dennis Lawrence over a year ago.

“I took the gamble because they play in the USA — MLS and USL players.” Fenwick said in an interview with TTFA Media, but added, “I didn’t see that experience coming through.”

The former England defender noted: “We crumbled very early. We had a gameplan how we were starting the game, first 15 minutes and senior players within the team mechanism switched off, and we gave the ball away cheaply in areas we discussed we wouldn’t do so and that started us off all wrong and I thought that, throughout the first half was very poor. Our performance was terrible in the first half.”

T&T went into the interval down 4-0, having conceded goals to Jonathan Lewis and Jesus Ferreira inside the first ten minutes. Both men went on to get doubles, as did Paul Arriola. Miles Robinson got the other goal for the home side. The “Soca Warriors” also had a chance to get on the scoresheet but Alvin Jones missed a 65th minute penalty.

“I thought second half when the younger players came on, the younger guys that have been training for a while...they actually stuck to it (team game plan) and we started to play a bit of football, we made one or two little chances, got the penalty and I got to take a bit of positive out of that.

“I liked some of what I saw, but obviously there is a great deal of work to be done,” Fenwick said. The coach made direct mention of defender Neveal Hackshaw who was a second half substitute for Ajani Fortune. “I thought Hackshaw came on and made a difference, good defender, played it well from the back,” Fenwick said.

But of the debutants, Fenwick said specifically: “They are playing in decent leagues. I expected more, I expected better and we just didn’t perform.”

Fortune, Federico Pena, Sean Bonval, Jabari Mitchell and Leland Archer got their first caps in the starting lineup, while Noah Powder and Michel Poon Angeron made their first appearances in the second half.

The coach added of his side: “I can only think that some of the senior players, it was too much, the occasion, USA, big team, we didn’t have the big attitude, the big strong hearts and we were very poor in the opening stages and it set the tone for the game.”

Yesterday, Fenwick conducted a post mortem with his players where some frank talking was to take place.

“There’s going to be a lot of disappointment tomorrow morning (Monday),” Fenwick said. “We’ll have a chat, we we’ll get some points of view with the players, how they felt and then what I saw in the game....But we’ve got to be better than that. We had a game plan that we didn’t speak to, we didn’t start with, and that is nothing more than mentality, tough mentality.”

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:01:38 AM by Flex »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 02, 2021, 05:01:40 AM »
leave the man alone and piss off. it's not his fault that these grown ass men can dribble or make a proper a pass under pressure.

complain to the ministry of sports to invest in training schools to teach these lads how to play proper football, and invest in making the league more competitive, that is where your criticism should lay, not on miracle making coaches.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1277 on: February 02, 2021, 06:21:57 AM »
leave the man alone and piss off. it's not his fault that these grown ass men can dribble or make a proper a pass under pressure.

complain to the ministry of sports to invest in training schools to teach these lads how to play proper football, and invest in making the league more competitive, that is where your criticism should lay, not on miracle making coaches.

Every coach does lose, Angus Eve and Brian Williams was no better as youth coaches.

In 2012 Angus Eve U-23 team lost 7-1 to Mexico in a CONCACAF Olympic qualifying match. He had some decent options on his team like; Sheldon Bateau, Kevan George, Sean De Silva, Curtis Gonzales, Kevin Molino, Cordell Cato, Shahdon Winchester, Robert Primus, Leston Paul, Jamal Gay, Khaleem Hyland, Jayson Joseph, Trevin Caesar, Mekeil Williams, Kareem Moses and Daneil Cyrus.

Angus Eve team also got hammered by USA if I remembered clearly, 5-1 or 6-1 I think?, Nick DeLeon was on the stands for that game in Cali.

Dennis Lawrence team lost 6-0 to USA in June 2019 in an actual Gold Cup match - Dennis Lawrence: 11-2-1-8-7-23 - Wins: 18 per cent; Draws: 9 per cent; Losses: 73 per cent.

Stats

Russell Latapy: 13-5-1-7-20-22 - Wins: 39 per cent; Draws: 7 per cent; Losses: 54 per cent. In 2005 the T&T Under-20 team participated in the youth World Championship qualifiers and lost 6-1 to the United States under Latapy.

In 2000 T&T lost 7-0 to Mexico in a world cup qualifier under Ian Porterfield. Some of the players involved were; Clayton Ince, Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders, Craig Dennin, Dennis Lawrence, Shurland David, Reynold Carrington, Stokley Mason, Angus Eve, Ancil Elcock, Jerren Nixon, Arnold Dwarika and Nigel Pierre.

Stats as of 2017 as T&T coaches,

Leo Beenhakker and Wim Rijsbergen. Eight winless matches with three successive defeats.

Zoran Vranes and Sebastian de Araújo. Eight winless matches with four successive defeats.

Dennis Lawrence. Nine winless matches with seven successive defeats.

Without picking sides.

In my opinion where Fenwick went wrong was, he should have started the more seasoned players like; Hashim Arcia, Duane Muckette, Jamal Jack (he did), Alvin Jones (he did), Neveal Hackshaw & Ryan Telfer (he did) also, Noah Powder, Brent Sam & Andre Fortune (he did) because of prior youth international experiences and slowly integrate the other inexperience players into the team.

Jabari Mitchell, Alvin Jones and Josiah Trimmingham was big let downs for players who have been around international football a while now.

Not sure why Daneil Cyrus and Curtis Gonzales didn't make the team, but they would have surely helped.

One thing for sure is Terry will learn quick and hopefully correct his mistakes.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:50:47 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 02, 2021, 07:16:04 AM »
How did the match end up on TV?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 02, 2021, 08:17:03 AM »

Every coach does lose, Angus Eve and Brian Williams was no better as youth coaches.

In 2012 Angus Eve U-23 team lost 7-1 to Mexico in a CONCACAF Olympic qualifying match. He had some decent options on his team like; Sheldon Bateau, Kevan George, Sean De Silva, Curtis Gonzales, Kevin Molino, Cordell Cato, Shahdon Winchester, Robert Primus, Leston Paul, Jamal Gay, Khaleem Hyland, Jayson Joseph, Trevin Caesar, Mekeil Williams, Kareem Moses and Daneil Cyrus.

Angus Eve team also got hammered by USA if I remembered clearly, 5-1 or 6-1 I think?, Nick DeLeon was on the stands for that game in Cali.

Dennis Lawrence team lost 6-0 to USA in June 2019 in an actual Gold Cup match - Dennis Lawrence: 11-2-1-8-7-23 - Wins: 18 per cent; Draws: 9 per cent; Losses: 73 per cent.

Stats

Russell Latapy: 13-5-1-7-20-22 - Wins: 39 per cent; Draws: 7 per cent; Losses: 54 per cent. In 2005 the T&T Under-20 team participated in the youth World Championship qualifiers and lost 6-1 to the United States under Latapy.

In 2000 T&T lost 7-0 to Mexico in a world cup qualifier under Ian Porterfield. Some of the players involved were; Clayton Ince, Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders, Craig Dennin, Dennis Lawrence, Shurlan David, Reynold Carrington, Stokley Mason, Angus Eve, Ancil Elcock, Jerren Nixon, Arnold Dwarika and Nigel Pierre.

Leo Beenhakker and Wim Rijsbergen. Eight winless matches with three successive defeats.

Zoran Vranes and Sebastian de Araújo. Eight winless matches with four successive defeats.

Without picking sides.

In my opinion where Fenwick went wrong was, he should have started the more seasoned players like; Hashim Arcia, Duane Muckette, Jamal Jack (he did), Alvin Jones (he did), Neveal Hackshaw & Ryan Telfer (he did) also, Noah Powder, Brent Sam & Andre Fortune (he did) because of prior youth international experiences and slowly integrate the other inexperience players into the team.

Jabari Mitchell, Alvin Jones and Josiah Trimmingham was big let downs for players who have been around international football a while now.

Not sure why Daneil Cyrus and Curtis Gonzales didn't make the team, but they would have surely helped.

One thing for sure is Terry will learn quick and hopefully correct his mistakes.

They say Cyrus has a groin injury

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 02, 2021, 08:25:55 AM »

Stats

In 2000 T&T lost 7-0 to Mexico in a world cup qualifier under Ian Porterfield. Some of the players involved were; Clayton Ince, Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders, Craig Dennin, Dennis Lawrence, Shurlan David, Reynold Carrington, Stokley Mason, Angus Eve, Ancil Elcock, Jerren Nixon, Arnold Dwarika and Nigel Pierre.

Without picking sides.

I agree, but i don’t know why everyone’s making such a big deal about this lose especially when there was nothing at stake? somehow trinis still have this silly played out notion in their heads of being beyond a trashing from the USA, when it’s all delusions of grandeur. The United States has definitely grown into a world football giant, and terry just fell pray to them. The positives that we come away with is that we know all who can and cannot compete at this level. I say take it for what it’s worth and move on.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1281 on: February 02, 2021, 11:54:18 AM »
Terry should have taken up the offer to play Anguilla BEFORE facing the US, that I disagree with him on. This game would have been a good test for some of the none cap T&T players.

I am sure Stern John's team would have given us a good test for some of these young players.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1282 on: February 02, 2021, 05:42:44 PM »
Advice and questions for coach Fenwick.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Dear Editor,

Can I offer some advice to our national coach Mr Terry Fenwick?

Firstly, Mr Fenwick, take the blame, accept the defeat as the team selection was a gamble and don’t throw the players under the bus.

Secondly, your game plan was to beat the high pressure by going over the top played directly into the US game plan they wanted us to do that.

Thirdly, what did our players learn from our coaching staff tactically during the game? Because I saw nothing but a personality change.

You were hired to get us to the Gold Cup and the World Cup not to develop, we have a Technical Director for that project.

I'm a believer of our local players so our future is still good. Remember, it is you who told us that you were pleased with the team's preparation and touted the number of goals the team scored in three practice games two weeks ago. We didn't play football on Sunday against the USA, we played tennis ....7-0.

Trying to find positives to take away from the game, well the only positive that I saw, is that the men that he touted as having experience positively cannot play at the highest level as yet.

T&T have more academies now than in previous years so the future is in good hands. Player and coach selection is the critical process for international football that we keep underachieving. More than half of the players were on their offseason, while the others haven't been playing together for more than a year.

What did you really expect from them?

Coach Fenwick, why after training our local players for three months you decided to gamble with the 17 foreign-based players that haven't played any competitive football since last year when the both USL and MLS leagues came to an end. To me, the better move was to take the players that you selected that knew your game plan and then insert some of the foreign-based players in the second half.

Also, why wasn't our other professional goalkeeper Marvin Phillips, who has 78 national caps which means he's very experienced, used in the second half, why?.

The USA has players with Chelsea, Barcelona, Juventus, and other big-name clubs around the world not only on the rosters but playing. None of them played yesterday (Sunday), but some of the players that did play yesterday (Sunday) and are in negotiations with Swansea, Roma, and other clubs.

The USA has a pay to play model that doesn’t work all of the time to identify low-income players, however, what it does is it creates an economy of youth football that is a billion-dollar industry in the US. The federation also has a foundation of scouts not just in the US but also in Europe identifying US-born players or players born of US parents. It took them decades to get to this point, but they committed.

The country will have setbacks like not qualifying for the 2018 World Cup, but the federation doesn’t stop growing and getting better. The TTFA is 50-100 years behind getting at least to the level where the US is now, and until the country removes all of the egoistical people involved with football who should not be involved, then these are the results that you will continue to get.

I would have taken the local youth players with some senior players who are presently at home (Atullah) Guerra, (Willis) Plaza, Marcus Joseph and what happened to Che Benny and some of the other youth players with his ability maybe you can mention a few names because I don't know them all and should have never started with so many foreign-based players especially when you never had a chance to see them play some of them should have entered the game in the second half.

Earl "Mango" Pierre
T&T football supporter
St James

WATCH: Analysis of TNT vs USA performance

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:54:33 PM by Flex »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 02, 2021, 06:47:19 PM »
Again. Thank you Mango.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 02, 2021, 08:14:28 PM »
20k USA a month  gets you that - demonstration  of preparation, the play on the field and the decision making?

You know a colonial ploy was to go to the colonies - Africa America - Caribbean wherever.
- encounter the natives - give them a bag of beans  for gold and riches and leave the natives thinking they were better of.

- is the same shite today - so hot shot agent get a sweet deal - get a man to coach ne'er stionsl ball and then we left with ah leaky boat

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 02, 2021, 08:41:14 PM »
WATCH: Men's Senior Team Head Coach Terry Fenwick talks about his post-match scenario, his scouting process and developing relationships beneficial to the cause of the National Team of Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dxjCjVf3dAg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dxjCjVf3dAg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 02, 2021, 08:52:04 PM »
Again. Thank you Mango.
thank you for what? It’s a rubbish article. He’s mad because the USA trashed us and his ego is hurt that’s all, but would never take responsibility that it was their complaisance over the many decades that is bearing fruit now. how many of them who’s complaining got up off their asses and did anything to advance football in TT in a meaningful way?

Last year fifa came in and ban our federation who for the first time had great ideas to take football forward, and all of them sided with fifa citing that World Cup qualifying is coming and gold cup prelims Yada yada yah, all their focus was on instant gratification but never the future. it’s always about these tournaments that we struggle to compete well, instead of actually fixing football and insuring that we would have a steady crop of solid well groomed players going forward.

It’s the real definition of madness, doing the very same thing for decades yet hoping for different results. bottom line is mr Pierre our lads ain’t good enough. they don’t think we’ll under pressure they don’t know how to handle a ball at their feet while making sensible decisions, and you see that every time we play a team outside of CFU, the errant passes, their aerial game is piss poor, their first touch is atrocious, their lack of defensive training is evident where defenders are notorious for escorting attacking players. Mr mango what the he’ll are you on about? we got what we worked for.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 02, 2021, 08:57:56 PM »
20k USA a month  gets you that - demonstration  of preparation, the play on the field and the decision making?

You know a colonial ploy was to go to the colonies - Africa America - Caribbean wherever.
- encounter the natives - give them a bag of beans  for gold and riches and leave the natives thinking they were better of.

- is the same shite today - so hot shot agent get a sweet deal - get a man to coach ne'er stionsl ball and then we left with ah leaky boat
please mate with the nonsense. Dennis is a local and was getting the same salary. And in case you missed it terry lives in trinidad has a coaching school in trinidad, is married to a trini and has trini kids, has been in trinidad for decades and has coached in the pro league since the early 2000s. WTF more you want from the man as to qualify him for the post mr xenophobe?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 02, 2021, 09:42:37 PM »
WATCH: Men's Senior Team Head Coach Terry Fenwick talks about his post-match scenario, his scouting process and developing relationships beneficial to the cause of the National Team of Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dxjCjVf3dAg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dxjCjVf3dAg</a>
terry you also need two solid foreign goalies because the two we have now are senile and seems to be regressing. for all the years these keepers has been training their skill set suggest that they just started learning the game or haven’t learned well.

To think that a keeper would run out at an attacker when his defender is engaging the attacker is a testament of their ignorance and ive seen this quite often with our goalies, no wonder these guys never attract the attention of foreign scouts.

I don’t know who’s training these keepers in the national set up but this has to be a serious cause for concern for any thinking coach because it happens too often, and when it does it’s always costly. BTW four of the seven goals were all goal keeping errors and could have been avoided.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:50:24 PM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1289 on: February 03, 2021, 07:11:10 AM »
Big decisions for Fenwick
T&T Express Reports.

There are 50 days to go before Terry Fenwick’s Soca Warriors enter the World Cup qualifying fray. Fifty days to wipe away the memory of 7-0 against the USA; 50 days to actually build a team.

After what he had to endure from the sidelines in Orlando on Sunday, one could excuse Fenwick from reaching for a bottle of something really strong and downing a glass or two. I won’t recommend it, but the frustration and sense of embarrassment that match would have sparked was probably heavy, although a bit different to Fenwick’s feelings back in 1986 in Mexico City when he and his England teammates were done in by a Diego Maradona one-two strike. That day, England were powerless to stop Maradona’s cheating and dribbling brilliance.

But on Sunday, Fenwick had to take more personal responsibility for how his Trinidad and Tobago team played.

He went with a squad made up largely of players who ply their trade in North America, but by his own admission, that “gamble” failed.

“I had six players start the game who I had not seen before. They are playing in decent leagues. I expected more, I expected better and we just didn’t perform...I didn’t see that experience coming through. I thought we crumbled very early. We had a gameplan how we were starting the game, first 15 minutes and senior players within the team mechanism switched off, and we gave the ball away cheaply in areas we discussed we wouldn’t do so and that started us off all wrong.”

Outside of the “foreigners,” captain for the match, Josiah Trimmingham was only playing his second international game. That was because regular skipper Khaleem Hyland, like Sheldon Bateau and Levi Garcia were not able to leave their clubs for a match which was not played in a FIFA window. Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones, Akeem Garcia and Andre Rampersad were also not available. So in a sense, Fenwick’s hands were tied when he sat down to pick the squad for this trip. But within the limitations he faced, the coach had a decision to make - stick with the local squad which he had been working with or use the match as an audition for the unknowns from overseas. He went for the latter.

The question is what direction does Fenwick go in now with less than two months to the March 25 match against Guyana?

From his utterances since he took the job over a year ago, Fenwick seems to have little faith in the players who are still based here. The locals he has chosen to work with have been youngsters largely. But by his own admission, those youngsters gave Fenwick some of his best moments Sunday.

“There were some positives, and those positives came from the younger guys coming through that have been working hard,” he said.

Hint Terry: Go local.

Football is and always has been a team game. A bunch of players that has spent time building relationships on the field is always likely to be a better watch than a group of hastily assembled strangers. T&T’s own history speaks to this.

The “Strike Squad” of 1988-89 was a team of total locals that played some of the best football seen by a side from these parts. It was a team built around Everald “Gally” Cummings’ philosophy of how Trinis should play and was blessed with a level of talent that Fenwick doesn’t have access to today. More than that, that squad developed a spirit and commitment to the cause that surpassed their collective abilities.

Indeed, times have changed. The best local players now kickball abroad. The 2006 “Soca Warriors” made the World Cup through established “foreign” talent. But truth is, even T&T’s most seasoned overseas pros have not been brilliant for the Warriors in recent years. Many of them are not regular starters on their teams. Yes, history has shown that for T&T at least, there is limited value in using players based in India, Saudi Arabia and even modest British, Central American and European leagues.

For T&T talent overseas to truly add value, the quality of the exports will have to improve first. You can’t send Joe Mediocre away and get back Dwight Yorke.

But because he is in a results business, Fenwick must pursue the cream of the T&T crop so to speak and look to recruit the best available talent. However, that search cannot be at the expense of building a core team from the players who the coach can work with more regularly, even in these Covid-19 times.

That message should have come through very clearly last Sunday.

Already he is at a crossroads, for coach Fenwick has taken on a near mission impossible, with local football in its poorest state in living memory. No matter what his squad, this Road to Qatar 2022 journey is going to be a fairly short trip for Fenwick and T&T.

The real question will be whether coach Terry can start laying the ground for more successful journeys to come. He can only do that by preparing with a local crew.

‘Learning curve’

‘Soca Warriors’ head coach Terry Fenwick admitted that he may have made a mistake in starting Sunday’s game with so many players that were relatively unknown to him but insisted that it was a starting point for his team, and they will now have to pull together for the real test in the World Cup qualifiers.

T&T senior men’s footballers lost 7-0 to the USA in their first international game in over a year.

While he and his players were disappointed by the scoreline, Fenwick was heartened by the second half effort of his locally based players.

“On the positive side, I saw a lot of the guys we put on in the second half and who are on the ground in Trinidad, they played 40 minutes, conceded one goal, created a penalty which we missed, but looked much more comfortable on the ball and that’s just the time I’ve spent with them on the training ground,” Fenwick told TTFA media yesterday.

“It showed me in the second half that we’re not far away with the locally based players,” he added. “We’re all disappointed about the score and the players feels exactly the same. We’ve gone through a game plan and that didn’t work and when you concede two goals in the first five minutes, confidence crashes and game plans go out the window,” Fenwick said as he reflected on the Sunday’s game.

“They were literally on the their own and I was trying to prop them up from the side of the field, to get them to pull together. It was difficult. And in international football, you make one mistake you get punished for it and I thought I might have made a mistake about playing these guys too early,” Fenwick admitted.

“But I needed to see them, and I needed to see what they had about them and the same guys, on reflection, I recognise that we didn’t stick to the game plan that we agreed to before the game,” he continued. “(Now), it’s about coming together and recognising the mistakes we’ve made on and off the field and pulling together for the serious stuff we have coming down the line as far World Cup qualifiers,” he added.

“This is a learning curve. We’ve got to put ourselves together as quickly as we can. We’ve got lots of other players all over the world that I would also like to see,” he said. While he got a look at the USA players, he said he also has his eyes on players in the UK.

“Kelvin Jack is doing a lot of that networking for me in the UK where we also got some top players that we want to bring into the camp,” Fenwick revealed. T&T open their World Cup qualifying campaign against Guyana on March 25.

Video

1]; } ?>