April 26, 2024, 05:04:21 PM

Author Topic: $10,000 a table 'Warriors' fund-raiser  (Read 1581 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
$10,000 a table 'Warriors' fund-raiser
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »
$10,000 a table 'Warriors' fund-raiser
(Express)

Thursday, May 4th 2006

A $10,000 a table dinner is being staged to raise fund for Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors on May 12 at the Centre of Excellence.

All Sport Promotions, agents for the LOC Germany 2006 Ltd for the event, have sent out invitations to sponsors, including the Ministry of Works which received the following invitation:

"We are delighted to extend an invitation to your Ministry to say farewell to the Soca Warriors, by attending a gala dinner in their honour on Friday, May 12 from 7.50 p.m. at the Centre of Excellence."

The All Sport media release stated that the $10,000 fee would be for a table of 10 persons. Individual tickets for the dinner will go at $1,000 a person.

Entertainers Shurwayne Winchester, Mungal Patasar and Maximus Dan will perform at the fund raiser, while the team will share the occasion with President Max Richards who has been invited as a special guest.

Offline rodigan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $10,000 a table 'Warriors' fund-raiser
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:56:14 PM »
they sending you an invite all the way up there in nyc??? mine hasn't arrived over here in hk yet... still waiting...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
Aight lets process this........$1000 a plate........seems outta the reach for the average fan.....so probably catering to the more upscale clientele........

Then too....patrons might be corporate sponsered......so....the argument about not getting support kinda void........

Dinner getting help middle of excellence.....i wonder how much the hadda pay to rent it boy??  ::)

My conclusion.......... I will imagine the damn dinner from the comfort of my own house. Eat some crix and tuna and call dat caviar......mix some alco in blue kool aid and call dat hypnotic.I beyond broken right now because some kakahole see it fit to charge me 200 % more that he supposed to for my last chance to watch my national team play before dey go. Unless it have someting like complimentary wethead or someting equally  spectacular......... Jack could HHMC!!!.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:15:34 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 09:39:02 PM »
what if the moooney going to the TTFF for the development of the football here..

Just a rumour  ;)

Bourbon , i expect to be seeing you in the game then..

aye , crix and tuna does lash..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:02:11 AM »
Farewell dinner oversubscribed

(Newsday)

Thursday, May 4 2006

FIFA VICE PRESIDENT Jack Warner has said a special treat is being planned for the foreign media personnel who will be in Trinidad for the Peru match on May 10 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

They will also witness a steelband show at the Exodus Panyard in St Augustine. On May 11, the Soca Warriors will undertake a tour of Tobago, with a celebration at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet and a dinner hosted by the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) Chief Secretary Orville London. The following day, the squad will have another tour, this time to South Trinidad. “People here are very cynical,” Warner stressed. “Far too often, we believe as if half of Trinidad is not important.

“So when the team came from Bahrain, we recalled that the team went from the airport to Port-of-Spain until midnight. Nobody in South, Mayaro, Rio Claro, Chaguanas saw the team. And therefore we’re going deliberately on this mission to expose the team to that part of Trinidad,” he said.

The players will be seen by schoolchildren along the route and will meet various Mayors and chairmen of Regional Corporations before returning to their base at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Port of Spain. They will then attend a gala dinner at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Tunapuna.

“That farewell dinner would be the mother of all farewell dinners,” Warner said. “We have 1,200 guests. Every table has been sold (at $1,000-per-person), in fact has been over-subscribed.”

While Prime Minister Patrick Manning has absented himself from the event, President George Maxwell Richards would be the guest of honour he said. “This country, through the 1,200 persons, would give this team a resounding farewell that they’ve never seen before,” Warner ended.
-be the change you wish to see-

1]; } ?>