March 28, 2024, 11:24:03 PM

Author Topic: Rooney Injured  (Read 19072 times)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney Injured
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
steups..... so england not making it out?  allyuh some rell cocks for real dred

I sure Wayne will probably make his comeback against us

England vs Paraguay------> England wins 3pts

England vs. TnT---------> Draw 1 pt

England vs Sweden -------> England win 3pts

I find you's get real touchy boy......and yuh have a little too much faith in england   ;D.....i bet yuh dey losing to Paraguay and Sweden.....

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
steups..... so england not making it out?  allyuh some rell cocks for real dred

I sure Wayne will probably make his comeback against us

England vs Paraguay------> England wins 3pts

England vs. TnT---------> Draw 1 pt

England vs Sweden -------> England win 3pts

I find you's get real touchy boy......and yuh have a little too much faith in england   ;D.....i bet yuh dey losing to Paraguay and Sweden.....

Predictions:

Paraguay 1-0 England---------> Paraguay (They are not currently being taken seriously by anyone it seems)

England 1-2 T&T----------------> Two Words: Stern John
Sweden 2-0 England ----------> Sweden will retain their record.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2006, 01:04:37 PM »
Dis thread is kicks yes ... with Rooney likley to miss the 1st 2 games ... only means Joe Cole will take his place ... which gives Sven headache b/c no they have no natuaral left fotters to take his place ... Carlos Edwards mus be liking he self now ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »
whole tt team liking themselves now..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »
ok likslikefire i will take that bet

100 tt

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2006, 02:10:02 PM »
ok likslikefire i will take that bet

100 tt

:rotfl: :rotfl:...breds...i not fighting yuh down.....i was saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they did lose to either of those teams.....but i won't put money on it  ;D

i just find yuh's be real touchy when some men have opinions different than yours(i.e. man U and England(wtf)......lol.....don't let yuh patriotism blind yuh boy.....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4959564.stm
England midfielder Steven Gerrard said it would be "impossible" for England to succeed in this summer's World Cup without striker Wayne Rooney.

And it continues. I studying how dem looking anxious to rush back the man. He is a talent but dey showing how dependant they are on him. That could affect his long term career and all. De hadda learn to deal with life without he....cuz wha dey woulda do if he did get a red card or two yellow and had to miss a game??? dey go forget how to play???

Look a nex set here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4960058.stm

We can beat Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago without Rooney, possibly meeting an over-rated and under pressure Germany team in the second round - remember we beat

EH HEH????? we go see.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 04:53:35 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2006, 05:40:04 PM »
Ah boy, like the " High Science"  dat we obeah man cast on dem Brits starting to wok.. Remember sparrow tune "Rougier"  ( 2 dead hen and a rusty key, kaka jam in ah pint a pee).

No pun intended with the inclusion of Tony Rougier in we 24.. Just coincidence... :devil: :devil: :devil:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »
It does not seem that the betting odds for England winning the WC have shifted much yet on the news.

sportingbet.com still has them 2nd behind Brazil at 7/1

Dresdner Bank's "Ball Street" still has them 3rd

others

Ladbrokes (UK)      8.00       Sun Apr 30 2006
Norm Short (Vic)    8.00       Sun Apr 30 2006
Sporting Odds (UK)  8.00       Sun Apr 30 2006
Eskander (Vic)      8.00       Sun Apr 30 2006
BetCRIS (CR)        7.75       Sun Apr 30 2006
Sportsbet (NT)      7.50       Sun Apr 30 2006
Bet365 (UK)         7.50       Sun Apr 30 2006
Dial a Bet (VU)     7.50       Sun Apr 30 2006
Sportingbet Oz (NT) 7.25       Sun Apr 30 2006
GameBookers (UK)    7.00       Sun Apr 30 2006

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
Sir Alex said this afternoon that he doesn't think Rooney will be fit to play in the World Cup at any stage.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »
The man who developed Wayne Rooney's new boot insists it had nothing to do with the injury which threatens to wreck the England striker's World Cup dream.

Rooney was wearing Nike's 'Total 90 Supremacy' boot for the first time at Stamford Bridge on Saturday when he suffered the broken metatarsal which Manchester United have confirmed will rule him out for a minimum of six weeks.

But, while England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson keeps his fingers crossed like the rest of a worried nation, the finger is again being pointed at the new-style boots which some people speculate are the major reason behind such a recent spate of metatarsal injuries.

Nike point out that of the series of England stars to be affected in recent years - including David Beckham, Gary Neville and Steven Gerrard - Rooney is the only one contracted to them.

And, at the high-profile launch of the 'Total 90 Supremacy' boot, which weighs in at a mere 10.5 ounces and features air technology specifically to cushion and protect the foot, boot developer Cedric Collet insisted there was no added risk to the safety of a player by the use of lighter micro-fibres in the boot construction rather than old-style leather.

'Nothing occurred in any of our tests to indicate the player would be at any risk,' said Collet. 'The boot was specifically designed for Wayne and has incorporated three different types of protection for his foot.

'Every time we bring a boot out, the safety aspect is improved in some way. The boot is more durable and it keeps the shape around the player's foot.

'In some ways, I think these injuries are more linked to the speed the game is played at now.'

Nike also claim to have been exonerated by both Rooney and United's medical staff, who will liaise with manager Sir Alex Ferguson before the decision over whether to release the £27million forward for England duty is made.

'Any boot needs to be a mixture of protection and performance, however no boot can provide a guarantee against injuries,' said a Nike spokesman.

'Manchester United have confirmed that there is no link between the boots and the injury sustained by Wayne.'
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Rooney can be replaced 24 hours before June 10.
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2006, 05:39:45 AM »
June deadline for injured Rooney
(BBC Sport)

England will be allowed to replace Wayne Rooney in their World Cup squad up until 24 hours before their opening match against Paraguay on 10 June.

Fifa confirmed that their regulations allow for a player to be substituted provided the governing body is supplied with evidence of serious injury.

If a replacement is called up Rooney would take no part in the tournament.

Eriksson has to name his 23-man squad for Germany on 15 May, but will announce a provisional squad on 8 May.

A Fifa spokesman told BBC Sport: "It's the same as any other Fifa competition.

"With a medical report, players who are on the official list, as of 15 May can be replaced up to 24 hours prior to each team's first match."

Eriksson has said he will take Rooney even if there is just a possibility of playing him in the tournament.

But Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said that it is a "wild dream" to think that Rooney would be fit.

England kick-off in their opening Group B match against Paraguay at 1400 BST on 10 June.

England also have concerns over Rooney's strike partner Michael Owen and defender Ledley King, both of whom have also broken bones in feet.

Ashley Cole and John Terry are expected to be available for Germany despite the Arsenal left-back having just returned from injury and the Chelsea centre-back damaging an ankle over the weekend.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2006, 06:52:44 AM »
Ryan,

the amount of enjoyment you are getting from Rooney's injury, I hope he makes it back for the TnT game and scores the only three goals of the game. Maybe you will be more generous to the kid after that.

Would you guys be as excited if Ronaldinho was injured and couldn;t make it, or are you only happy becasue it is an Englishman who is injured?

I like the the comments made by those who want to see him play. TnT are not going to win the World cup, so surely the best enjoyment for those who are going, is to see the best players in the world play?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2006, 06:57:58 AM »
Why alyuh so....I glad he ent playing against we.

The man had the potential to get the Golden Boot on one TT game alone.

We get an advantage and man vex....and studying the best players must play etc. Breds when best players play, side does get cutarse.

Realise we is TT who punching above we weight class and we need any sort of advantage we can get.

It come like Henry and Arsenal....any opponent does be happy no ass if he ent on the field.

I glad Rooney gorn, I hope Terry go too, and if Lampard and Gerrard get damage I go be in meh glee. England is not my side, they are our opponents and if them get tru = one less opportunity for TT to advance.

We not ready for England and we have to play the game of our lives....and dem have to play shit.... if we are to get a good result against them....including a draw.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2006, 07:05:33 AM »

Would you guys be as excited if Ronaldinho was injured and couldn;t make it, or are you only happy becasue it is an Englishman who is injured?

Pompey......understand this.

We are not observers this time.

You are our opponent

You have been weakened

We are playing you

We have gotten an advantage even if it is an emotional one.

Why should we not be happy Rooney isnt playing?

Now one must not wish injury on any player and yes it is unfortunate and yes we watch world cup to see great players play.......But I do not want Rooney to be bussin our net and embarrassing my team on the world stage. Again it is unfortunate........but I prefer a TT win over England in the WC over watching Ronaldinho play for Brazil.

Ok Pompey maybe if England was drawn in another group I would be sympathetic.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2006, 07:19:48 AM »
But if Rooney doesn't play and you still get humiliated, will it not make it worse?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2006, 07:30:03 AM »
But if Rooney doesn't play and you still get humiliated, will it not make it worse?

No... licks is licks.... and we is still underdogs...

but England is decidely weaker now... which is to our advantage....

It barely helps our chances.... but ah go take it still!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2006, 07:31:44 AM »

well the chances of humiliation will be a bit less so we're willing to take that risk

As an English fan wouldn't you be happy if you meet Brazil in the finals and Ronaldino was injured/suspended for the match?  Or would you rather lose than have people say "you only won because Ronaldino wasn't there"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2006, 07:32:51 AM »

Nope not in the least.

At the end of the day we are playing England in the WC. It is not the Wayne Rooney show.

At the end of the day even if you line up the reserves of the lowest team in the Doc Martin or Ryman league on that Fateful day in june it will still be England vs TT

Pompey..... it is not a player thing, not a Rooney thing

it is not an England thing

It simply is an opponent thing.

Had England been in another group we would not be even posting this here.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »
we r not happy rooney is injured we are happy he is not playing against us..... and england hasnt humiliated anyone in the last 2yrs. honestly i was looking at england and mexico to go very far in this tournament.....( on another note)england needs to bring in the teenager lennon
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2006, 07:55:10 AM »
Good responses guys, thanks for your honest answers. I'm used to debating this sort of thing with the Scots or the Welsh, many of who would take genuine pleasure out of seeing an England player injured for no other reason than he is English.

It's a tough decision on Ronaldinho. I woud love to see him play and i would love to see an England team beat a full strength Brazil team, but I suppose I would also like to see us get an advantage.

Lennon is looking realy good now, not sure who would make way to let him into the squad though.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2006, 07:56:28 AM »
Yeah it looking like an ankle injury.

It worse than that, metatarsal' top of the foot , yuh cah really stand up on the foot once them gone far less balance. I think World cup is over for him. The first stamp on he foot he get and that's it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2006, 07:58:45 AM »
pompey i understand what you are saying

some of the guys on this forum are assholes so bear with them

it helps us a little that rooney is out

i for one was very angry knowing he could be out due to he is my favourite player ..... i would have loved to see him as this is a once in a lifetime trip  ....

but on june 15th it is war    if rooney was there i would have been amazed to see him but even if he was there i would still hate him for 90 mins against us

just for 90 mins though lol

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2006, 08:01:23 AM »
Don't forget they still have Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham to deal with and Wright-Phillips who have blazing speed.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2006, 08:03:47 AM »
exactly

---Robinson--

--G.Neville--       ---Rio--               ----J.Terry--          ---A.Cole---

---Becks--          ---Lampard---        ---Gerrad---      ---J.Cole---

---Owen--         ---Defoe---

be serious forumites   Rooney absence will  make the slightest of differences

i not saying we will loss but still we have a hard task with or without rooney

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2006, 09:30:22 AM »

be serious forumites   Rooney absence will  make the slightest of differences

i not saying we will loss but still we have a hard task with or without rooney

ask manu how big his absence is to their team... i find it interesting u r a rooney fan and say slightest......   and by the way owen aint no gurantee the weight shifts heavily to lampard and gerrad who on their good day can do it. but the 2 for some reason cant spark when they play together

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
It seems like this thing is bigger than I thought it was. Rooney might really miss the entire World Cup. That would be tragic. I prefer to see him play in the World Cup even if that means him being instrumental  in an England victory over T&T.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:46:43 AM by Jah Gol »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rooney devastated by injury
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2006, 10:44:40 AM »

Wayne Rooney has admitted he is "devastated" to be facing a race against time to be fit to take part in this summer's World Cup finals.

The England star broke a metatarsal in his foot during Manchester United's 3-0 defeat at the weekend, sending the country into a state of mourning.

There is still some hope that the 20-year-old can recover in time for the finals, despite United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's pessimistic, if realistic, assessment of the situation, and Rooney told MUTV in an exclusive interview that he wants to be left alone to undergo his rehabilitation.

"I'll be coming in [for treatment] every day and trying to give myself the best possible chance," said Rooney.

"I'm obviously devastated to have broken my foot at this moment in time, it really is horrible.

"But I'm in great hands at United and I know with the physio team I've got behind me here that they'll be able to give me the best possible chance.

"You've just got to get on with it and be positive. That's what I'm trying to do at the moment and I'll be trying to get myself fit as soon as possible.

"I'd like to thank everyone who's sent me messages and supported me. But it's now important that I have some privacy and the press leave me alone as I try to get myself fit."

The former Everton forward will be out for at least six weeks, ensuring he misses England's tournament opener against Paraguay, but Sven Goran Eriksson hopes he can count upon the influential youngster at some stage of the finals.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2006, 10:47:20 AM »
Small Magician please post the source.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2006, 10:48:38 AM »
skysports.com

1]; } ?>