March 28, 2024, 12:52:03 PM

Author Topic: Rooney Injured  (Read 19062 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney Injured
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2006, 01:30:36 PM »
Bring on Rooney if he ready to play

so when we beat England they will have no excuses

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2006, 01:35:49 PM »
fellas ... england so complacent that dey go finish bottom of the group behind paraguay.  serious
Snake in de balliser

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2006, 06:56:59 PM »
fellas ... england so complacent that dey go finish bottom of the group behind paraguay.  serious

That is exactly what I'm hoping for.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »
Rooney hangs on to World Cup hope 

bbc.co.uk

The same injury ended Rooney's Euro 2004 campaign in Portugal
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has not given up hope that he may play a part for England at the World Cup.
Rooney, 20, broke a bone in his foot against Chelsea and, although he is likely to miss England's group games, he could be fit for the latter stages.

"You've just got to get on with it and be positive," Rooney told MUTV.

"But I'm in great hands at United and I know with the physio team I've got behind me here that they'll be able to give me the best possible chance."

Rooney broke a metatarsal bone in his right foot when he was tackled by Paulo Ferreira during Saturday's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Eriksson to gamble on Rooney 

"I'm obviously devastated to have broken my foot at this moment in time, it really is horrible," he said.

"I'll be coming in for treatment every day and trying to give myself the best possible chance."

United's medical staff are in charge of Rooney's treatment and England's team doctors are liaising with them over the forward's fitness.

FA deny rift over Rooney 

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has to name his 23-man squad for Germany on 15 May but will announce a provisional squad on 8 May.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is wary of building up expectations Rooney could overcome his injury in time to play in Germany this summer.

Ferguson appears to have been angered by Eriksson's claim that Rooney will be taken to Germany even if there is an outside chance he may figure if England advance through to the knockout stages.

England's first group game at the World Cup is against Paraguay on 10 June.

The injury is the same one that ended Rooney's Euro 2004 campaign in Portugal.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2006, 08:45:38 PM »

it helps us a little that rooney is out

a little? no. a lot? yes.

his speed alone against dog and tallest strikes fear that we'd take 5 from him alone.
 We still face a dangerous opponent without him but it is a big advantage to play them without rooney.
Hart for president

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2006, 05:12:38 AM »
I just heard on the news that rooney is out of the world cup.

He has several broken bones in his foot.

Go T&T Go.

VIBES IT UP

JAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RASTAFARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

HAILE SELASSIE I

KING OF KINGS

LORD OF LORDS

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2006, 06:09:36 AM »
Rooney needs a miracle - Eriksson  

The same injury ended Rooney's Euro 2004 campaign in Portugal
Striker Wayne Rooney has "more than one fracture" and needs a "miracle" to be fit for the World Cup according to England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.
Rooney underwent a second scan on his broken metartarsal on Tuesday.

Eriksson said: "I knew yesterday [Tuesday] that he had more than one fracture. Miracles happen in life now and then, but I don't really know."

England and Manchester United's medical teams meet on Thursday to discuss Rooney's chances of making the finals.

Rooney broke his foot against Chelsea on Saturday and an initial scan after the match revealed the fracture.

Eriksson plans to name his 23-man squad on Monday.

Just make sure we keep big Marv. away from him, next thing you know he go want to heal Rooney!  :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2006, 06:12:37 AM »
I just saw on the BBC World ticker that Rooney has more than 1 fracture in his foot.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2006, 06:20:31 AM »
Double fracture leaves Rooney needing a 'miracle'

Sven-Goran Eriksson has admitted Wayne Rooney has more than one break in his foot and probably needs a 'miracle' to be fit for the World Cup.

Tackled by Ferreira, Rooney fell to the ground clearly feeling pain in his right foot.

England boss Eriksson has been promised an update from Manchester United on Thursday.

But, at the moment, he plans to name Rooney in his 23-man squad on Monday and then keep his fingers firmly crossed.

Eriksson said: 'I knew yesterday that he had more than one fracture. That's what I heard.

'I don't know what that means but I'm not that pessimistic. I'm born that way.

'Miracles happen in life now and then, but I don't really know.'

When pressed on whether Rooney now needs a miracle, Eriksson, who was at a Carlsberg World Cup event, said: 'Maybe.'

Rooney broke his foot against Chelsea on Saturday. An initial scan after the game showed the break but a second scan yesterday appears to prove there is more than one fracture.

soccernet.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2006, 09:59:26 AM »
I just saw on the BBC World ticker that Rooney has more than 1 fracture in his foot.

ManU is denying the double fracture report:

United deny Rooney injury rumors

Manchester, England (Sports Network) - Manchester United team officials have denied reports that striker Wayne Rooney's injury could be more severe than what was first determined.

"Despite stories in the press, we believe Wayne Rooney is still six weeks away from full training," the club said in a statement on Wednesday.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson had reportedly hinted to British media that the striker had fractured two bones as opposed to just one. Eriksson has also said he might pick the striker for the World Cup roster if he is healthy.

Since the injury, the coach has remained optimistic of Rooney's return when asked if the striker had a chance to play in the tournament.

"I think so, miracles happen in life now and then," Eriksson said in a Wednesday press conference.

Rooney, who fractured the fourth metatarsal in his right foot during Saturday's Premiership match between Chelsea and Manchester United, is expected to miss up to six weeks of soccer.

The striker will be in a cast for four of the six weeks and is expected to receive daily treatment for the injury.

The English national team was drawn into Group B of the 2006 FIFA World Cup along with Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago and Sweden. With the tournament set to begin June 9, FIFA has set a roster deadline for May 15.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »
I heard on FSWC that FIFA have allowed Erikkson until the DAY BEFORE the WC starts to add Rooney to the roster. That's real leeway. Knowing that, I guess all Rooney can do is keep doin the right things for the injury and pray dat it heals by then.

Have to agree with Ferguson saying that idea is ridiculous though....he needs to be training for a few weeks before.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »
as a t&t supporter it would be better for us to face england without rooney but as a man utd and england supporter I'm very disappointed that he may miss the world cup....rooney is the heart and soul of both man utd and england and is one of the best strikers and best all round players in the world today..he also one of the most talented english players......best of luck wayne rooney

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »
yeh on skysports dey said how is a double fracture but it results in the same six weeks healing span

so if recoveres well he should be fit in time for second round

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2006, 02:29:42 PM »
yeh on skysports dey said how is a double fracture but it results in the same six weeks healing span

so if recoveres well he should be fit in time for second round

by that time Trinidad will have already won the group so it doesnt matter.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
yeh but england wudda have came second

but i like your enthusiasm     well done jeff

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2006, 04:55:49 PM »
hmm! das some serious ting dere boy! de man look like he wanted tuh cry! buh hopefully he might be bak for englands third game! ;D

Offline rodigan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2006, 07:13:31 PM »
interesting article i read about how long it takes these things to heal wid so many players havin broken metatarsals.... none within 6 weeks - beckham played in 7, but seven was probably when eh should have started training.

apparently breaking the 4th is slightly better than the usual 5th, because there are metatarsals on either side that act as splints...

perhaps its just me, but if the england players sit back and look at their team without rooney, its still good enough to stop moaning about....

robinson

neville terry ferdinand a cole

beckham lampard gerrard j cole

crouch owen

subs: d james, w bridge, s campbell, j carragher, o hargreaves, m carrick, defoe

i wouldn't be moanin about that team...

and one more thing, if rooney isn't going to make it, i would put fowler in as the 23rd player - he is frankly is no worse than beattie, darius or darren bent and has been forging a good link with crouch at the pool...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2006, 06:45:11 AM »
interesting article i read about how long it takes these things to heal wid so many players havin broken metatarsals.... none within 6 weeks - beckham played in 7, but seven was probably when eh should have started training.

apparently breaking the 4th is slightly better than the usual 5th, because there are metatarsals on either side that act as splints...

perhaps its just me, but if the england players sit back and look at their team without rooney, its still good enough to stop moaning about....

robinson

neville terry ferdinand a cole

beckham lampard gerrard j cole

crouch owen

subs: d james, w bridge, s campbell, j carragher, o hargreaves, m carrick, defoe

i wouldn't be moanin about that team...

and one more thing, if rooney isn't going to make it, i would put fowler in as the 23rd player - he is frankly is no worse than beattie, darius or darren bent and has been forging a good link with crouch at the pool...

that midfield just scares me :nailbiting:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>