April 27, 2024, 08:10:19 PM

Author Topic: The price of patriotism.  (Read 18149 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: The price of patriotism.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »
I am a football "worm", and would have liked to go to the game if I were home. The overriding concern I've heard coming from some former colleagues is that they can't find enough people willing to take the extra tickets in their allottment. The minimum expenditure is $1,200 TTD. The 2 persons I spoke to yesterday were angry at JW for penalizing them form their "poor" network. I think 4 should have been the upper limit, but if you only want one then you should have been able to purchase that too. This "SCHEME" did not afford that option, and that is the larger problem as I see it!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 07:29:20 AM »
Doc

Why you ent tell yuh people to become warrior nation members and avoid that 4 ticket scene.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:36:33 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 07:32:49 AM »
I am a football "worm", and would have liked to go to the game if I were home. The overriding concern I've heard coming from some former colleagues is that they can't find enough people willing to take the extra tickets in their allottment. The minimum expenditure is $1,200 TTD. The 2 persons I spoke to yesterday were angry at JW for penalizing them form their "poor" network. I think 4 should have been the upper limit, but if you only want one then you should have been able to purchase that too. This "SCHEME" did not afford that option, and that is the larger problem as I see it!

I agree with yuh dey but at least dey trying to be organized, we hadda crawl before we start to walk and we starting d creeping process, even though it still boggles the mind that they didn't think of it. You get d text, you buy your ticket within the allocated time frame, max of 4, any unsold to be redistrubuted either by another set of texts or at the stadium on gameday. Better flick, join WN and doh worry wit none ah dat.

Most importaly, no more Bahrain horror stories.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 07:45:08 AM »

I agree with yuh dey but at least dey trying to be organized, we hadda crawl before we start to walk and we starting d creeping process, even though it still boggles the mind that they didn't think of it. You get d text, you buy your ticket within the allocated time frame, max of 4, any unsold to be redistrubuted either by another set of texts or at the stadium on gameday. Better flick, join WN and doh worry wit none ah dat.

Most importaly, no more Bahrain horror stories.
That may solve their problem in the future if they are so inclined, but does not address their immediate concerns. The price of their patriotism.
Live large and prosper!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 08:14:39 AM »
That may solve their problem in the future if they are so inclined, but does not address their immediate concerns. The price of their patriotism.

Did your friends go to the Grenada games....the ones for $10,$20....less than the cost of a roti in some parts?

I could understand people who actually don't have the money but have been supporting right through not being able to pay and feeling ahow.  But more than half the people who complaining don't fit that bill....to hell with them.

The fact is the price is closer to market value which will minimize scalping.
We don't have these high price games that often and I don't know why everybody feel is their "right" to get to go the game.
It is a priviledge.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 08:29:50 AM »

Did your friends go to the Grenada games....the ones for $10,$20....less than the cost of a roti in some parts?

I could understand people who actually don't have the money but have been supporting right through not being able to pay and feeling ahow.  But more than half the people who complaining don't fit that bill....to hell with them.

The fact is the price is closer to market value which will minimize scalping.
We don't have these high price games that often and I don't know why everybody feel is their "right" to get to go the game.
It is a priviledge.
I don't know what the point of this is, but I'll give the best response I can. No they did not go to the Grenada games. What if they did? What would that have changed in their circumstance?
If it is of interest to you, they attended all of the WC Hex games, and a couple of the semi round. Hope you find that useful, nontheless. ::)
Live large and prosper!

Offline hammer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »
The Price of tickets is irrelevant   if you have pepole wiling to pay $300 OR $500
THATS THE PRICE MOST FANS WILL PAY NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »
I don't know what the point of this is, but I'll give the best response I can. No they did not go to the Grenada games. What if they did? What would that have changed in their circumstance?
If it is of interest to you, they attended all of the WC Hex games, and a couple of the semi round. Hope you find that useful, nontheless. ::)

They are not forced to buy 4 tickets at all.

The Warrior Nation was allotted tickets for people like your friends.  They do not have to fork out $1200
They can buy just one ticket if they so desire.

If they don't want to join but like to complain I guess that is their right   ::)
No solution will likely be good enough to please everyone.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 08:43:04 AM »

They are not forced to buy 4 tickets at all.

The Warrior Nation was allotted tickets for people like your friends.  They do not have to fork out $1200
They can buy just one ticket if they so desire.

If they don't want to join but like to complain I guess that is their right   ::)
No solution will likely be good enough to please everyone.
I'm absolutely delighted that the lil info I provided was sufficient to lead you to the conclusion you came to. Yuh real good oui! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Live large and prosper!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 08:43:33 AM »
What is all d fuss....

You ent want to play 300 stay home.

It is certainly not about the money...because at 10 and 20$ Larry Gomes and Manny was empty.

You not paying to watch Peru...you paying to watch your TT players.

The Grenada games show again was who was die hard in TT.....in fact they shoulda give the people who went them game a "bligh" for Peru tickets.

Peru game is for the waggonist.....and yes Jam them with price and milk them for as much as you could.

It only have about 1000 die hard in that stadium and we will make the sacrifice put aside the money and go chupidee chupidee because we love our team and we never miss a game.

I agree wit dat,, if yuh vex, keep yuh money in yuh pocket.

iF Yuh eh see de game, yuh eh go drop dead

Liburd should have opted out of this article, because now instead of looking like an objective journalist, it will  seem like he have a petty axe to grind for Jack

Does paying the price of admission what ever it is make u more of a supporter ... probably not ... waggonist oh gosh man ... pure economics pay de price if you can or want to ... but support the team.  from de bar, home or stadium.  jus becasue somebody went to all de games doh make them a bigger supporter ....
Snake in de balliser

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 08:46:18 AM »

:-X
Warrior Nation.....where you can buy just one
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 08:47:53 AM by dcs »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 09:08:47 AM »

:-X
Warrior Nation.....where you can buy just one

Or more than one IF you Want
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 10:01:09 AM »

Does paying the price of admission what ever it is make u more of a supporter ... probably not ... waggonist oh gosh man ... pure economics pay de price if you can or want to ... but support the team.  from de bar, home or stadium.  jus becasue somebody went to all de games doh make them a bigger supporter ....

Kappy I ent disagreeing with yuh.....but lemme ask yuh a question.

If you supporting somebody or something, how would you show that person your support if it is not communicated to them.

A person saying yuh supporting them from where ever is all well and good but true support in this day and age is this.

Your presence in the stands...in yuh red jersey, shouting and spurring on the player.

and most importantly MONEY...contributing to the team in what ever way, be it warriors fund. A match ticket, a jersey a rag, a flag, a kfc poster something.

How you think the side does feel if the players running out to a empty stadium?

How you think the players feel if nobody wearing a red, have a warriors parphanelia, or vibesin it up.

Check this analogy............and NO it is not personal experience.

You are a father and yuh son is a player and its years now he playing ball.

You tell him son..... I supporting yuh

He playing all over but the side never win nuttin. Finally they playing in a final.

Yuh tell him son.... I supporting you.

The Son ask...Daddy, yuh coming to see me play?

Father say son...Ticket too high/I staying home/going party/watching in bar....but I supporting yuh

How yuh think Son feeling?

Daddy never went to see him play,

Daddy never buy him a tugs or a shin pad.

Daddy was never there to witness or support him at his lowest point on the field or in his greatest moment of joy or triumph.

But Daddy tellin him....doe worry son I supporting yuh.

Who you think son go appreciate more

The stranger on the sideline who passing comments and who there every game and who fill out the raffle sheet to buy uniform for the side or the father who saying....doe worry son I supporting yuh.

Words are wind my friend. Actions are what counts.

Kappy doe be like the father...be like the stranger.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »

Kappy I ent disagreeing with yuh.....but lemme ask yuh a question.

If you supporting somebody or something, how would you show that person your support if it is not communicated to them.

A person saying yuh supporting them from where ever is all well and good but true support in this day and age is this.

Your presence in the stands...in yuh red jersey, shouting and spurring on the player.

and most importantly MONEY...contributing to the team in what ever way, be it warriors fund. A match ticket, a jersey a rag, a flag, a kfc poster something.

How you think the side does feel if the players running out to a empty stadium?

How you think the players feel if nobody wearing a red, have a warriors parphanelia, or vibesin it up.

Check this analogy............and NO it is not personal experience.

You are a father and yuh son is a player and its years now he playing ball.

You tell him son..... I supporting yuh

He playing all over but the side never win nuttin. Finally they playing in a final.

Yuh tell him son.... I supporting you.

The Son ask...Daddy, yuh coming to see me play?

Father say son...Ticket too high/I staying home/going party/watching in bar....but I supporting yuh

How yuh think Son feeling?

Daddy never went to see him play,

Daddy never buy him a tugs or a shin pad.

Daddy was never there to witness or support him at his lowest point on the field or in his greatest moment of joy or triumph.

But Daddy tellin him....doe worry son I supporting yuh.

Who you think son go appreciate more

The stranger on the sideline who passing comments and who there every game and who fill out the raffle sheet to buy uniform for the side or the father who saying....doe worry son I supporting yuh.

Words are wind my friend. Actions are what counts.

Kappy doe be like the father...be like the stranger.

touches ... i agree with what you are saying ... my concern is over the issue that people who think that paying extra is right b/c there are some who are waggonist.  paying a higher ticket is a way to contibute and support the team.  your anaolgy is well taken, and i undersatnd that just saying u support is not good enough.  but if you are in a position to do the things you have mentioned do it.  support cannot and should not be judged.  as far as money is concerned, i completely agree.  at this level what is needed to take us from being a one off thing is money and lots of it (hence the reason for a price hike).  but i disagree with the words are wind ... when i have done everything that i could possibly do to support the team in good or bad times ... i will still be trini to the bone and support the team with words from afar ... even if it falls on deaf ears.  no worries ...we in the same boat ... supporting the same team ... wishing for the ultimate prize.
Snake in de balliser

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 10:20:46 AM »
Moral of the story, act like a stranger to your children, wherever they may be

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2006, 10:25:56 AM »
The price of patriotism.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/color]

Lasana Liburd ponders FIFA VP Jack Warner's obsession with high ticket prices.
Trinidad and Tobago sport fans will pay a possible record attendance fee to see the "Soca Warriors" play Peru in an international friendly on May 10 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Tickets for the uncovered stand cost $300 while supporters in the covered stand must fork out $500 each with no concessions for children-or government ministers.
Works and Transport Minister Colm Imbert plans to "storm". He insisted that it was a matter of principle.
"I certainly will be going to the game," Imbert said at last week's post-Cabinet press conference. "I mean the National Stadium is state property The stadium does belong to the people of T&T and as the Government we are the custodians of State property."
In response, FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner promised to save him the trouble-and potential embarrassment of being turned away by unimpressed, rented security.
"Since 'no-one is above the law'," said Warner, "( ) I have taken it upon myself to purchase the ticket for Minister Imbert And I have so advised the ticket collectors at the VIP entrance of the covered stand."
It is lovely when things work out. At the very least, Imbert should send Warner his appreciation by text-via bmobile, of course.
But what about the other 100,000 or so citizens who would also like to see their national heroes for the last time before they head to the 2006 World Cup in Germany?
They cannot all get in to the Hasely Crawford Stadium, which seats roughly 23,000. So, by the law of supply and demand, Warner is justified in hiking ticket prices-simply because he can.
Only Warner dares not spout such capitalist slogans. He cannot risk sneering "Ticket or leave it!" while knowing fully well that government funding is instrumental to the T&TFF's football programme.
Warner, who was rebuked by FIFA in February for monopolising Trinidad and Tobago's ticket allocation for his own benefit, may also be wary of pushing local fans too far by openly exploiting their affection for the Warriors.
So, instead, he went for reverse psychology.
"Ask not what your football team can do for you but what you can do for your team!"
The Warriors, it seems, have a real financial crisis. They are bordering on destitute-in spite of a $39 million FIFA payout, $45 million guarantee from the T&T government and approximately $20 million in private sponsorship deals.
It is for the team's sake that Warner asked fans to dig deep and pay more than double the gate fee of $100 and $200 from the World Cup qualifying series.
Warner's financial arguments, not for the first time, were far from convincing.
There is an accommodation cost to offset in Germany, Warner explained, as national coach Leo Beenhakker wants the T&TFF officials to stay as far from the players as possible.
Only thing is FIFA said last December that it pays for accommodation for players and officials.
Warner pointed out that there was a $2.2 million loss to offset from February's international friendly against Iceland, as well as an additional $1.4 million to pay for Peru to bring its best possible team.
As regards the Iceland fixture, Warner neglected to dissect the costs or explain how a match already budgeted for can possibly incur such a loss. Or, in the latter case, exactly what type of team was Peru sending in the first place and why should T&T again be forced to go so far over its budget to coax them into sending a decent team?
Surely Warner's most eye-opening assertion was that the price had been fixed to offset the cost of giving the players two World Cup tickets each "at no cost".
Warner admitted to selling approximately 2,000 World Cup tickets meant for Trinidad and Tobago fans through Simpaul Travel by mid-February. At a profit of nearly $15,000 per package-which includes three tickets-Warner's family already benefited in the vicinity of $9 million. (Warner took his name off Simpaul's list of directors last March, although there is no evidence that he sold his shares in the company).
For Warner to balk at giving 46 complimentary tickets to the national squad, who set the stage for him to make such a handsome profit in the first place, is a lack of respect to the players' value. But for Warner to expect fans to foot the bill is an insult to the nation's collective intelligence.
Like Icarus in Greek mythology, Warner is flying dangerously close to the sun.
Beenhakker made light of the T&TFF's claim that the upcoming friendly is crucial to his preparation for the World Cup.
"Peru is more of a farewell game with all the activities going on," said Beenhakker, last Thursday. "From the moment we arrive in England (on May 16), we start (our serious work). Our preparation begins from the first game against Wales in Austria."
So, Trinidad and Tobago fans must pay an unprecedented fee to give their own team a proper send-off. But is Warner's asking price really too steep or are critics merely too cheap?
Perhaps the best indication would be to look at the prices being quoted by fellow World Cup playing nations. And it does not lend credence to the T&TFF's price hike.
In Britain, for instance, supporters will pay TT$280 (£25) to watch England play Jamaica in May, while German friendlies against other nations who, unlike Peru, will actually play in the 2006 World Cup range between TT$115 (15 Euros) and TT$458 (60 Euros).
The average salary in Germany, mind you, is TT$15,910 or 2,083 Euros per month as opposed to TT$3,500 or 458 Euros per month in Trinidad and Tobago.
Imbert, as an engineer and Member of Parliament, earns comfortably more than the average local salary but remained unconvinced at the price hike.
Tongue-in-cheek, Warner interceded on his behalf.
The rest of the nation, though, will pay heavily for their love of football in general and the Soca Warriors in particular. Warner will scrutinise the response from the public.
More than the challenge posed by 16 Peruvians, it is the jousting between Warner and the general public that might have the biggest effect on the future of local football under the present T&TFF administration.

Fans purchase tickets at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last Saturday for the international friendly between Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors and Peru at the same venue on Wednesday, May 10.

this blasted reporter has an agenda
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The price of patriotism
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 11:05:50 AM »
German ticket prices are usually low compared to other big European leagues so it will not be a fair comparison to TnT. I am sure that English prices will look very different.

As far as I see it, it is a one-off game where they are trying to take advantage of demand to make some money for once.

It is my right to complain... ever heard of free speech

Man I don't know about you, bit I was not rich when I was living home and I know what forking out that kinda money means to a man pocket.

You also have the responsibility to make sense.

You can't use the cost of the jersey to complain about the cost of the tickets because they are separate things and because the jersey is not overpriced.

That is like saying that yuh can't buy bread to eat because of the cost of ice-cream.

If yuh want to support the team and your money tight buy one or the other, both of them contributing to the team anyway.
Well if i ent making sence to you  well you are just as stupid as the next guy...... Why men carn't read any understand.....

Sorry I forget that it takes all types to make a world and if some people don't understand my point well SORRY !!!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 11:38:50 AM »
German ticket prices are usually low compared to other big European leagues so it will not be a fair comparison to TnT. I am sure that English prices will look very different.

As far as I see it, it is a one-off game where they are trying to take advantage of demand to make some money for once.

Man I don't know about you, bit I was not rich when I was living home and I know what forking out that kinda money means to a man pocket.

You can't use the cost of the jersey to complain about the cost of the tickets because they are separate things and because the jersey is not overpriced.

That is like saying that yuh can't buy bread to eat because of the cost of ice-cream.

If yuh want to support the team and your money tight buy one or the other, both of them contributing to the team anyway.
Well if i ent making sence to you  well you are just as stupid as the next guy...... Why men carn't read any understand.....

Sorry I forget that it takes all types to make a world and if some people don't understand my point well SORRY !!!

That was a really good retort ! ::)
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2006, 11:42:22 AM »

That was a really good retort ! ::)

I stupid,  what does that mean??  :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2006, 11:49:35 AM »
I think we are focussing on the wrong end. I mean I would pay the money to see the game if I was home, because I want to see the game and support the guys.

Warner's financial arguments, not for the first time, were far from convincing.
There is an accommodation cost to offset in Germany, Warner explained, as national coach Leo Beenhakker wants the T&TFF officials to stay as far from the players as possible.
Only thing is FIFA said last December that it pays for accommodation for players and officials.
Warner pointed out that there was a $2.2 million loss to offset from February's international friendly against Iceland, as well as an additional $1.4 million to pay for Peru to bring its best possible team.
As regards the Iceland fixture, Warner neglected to dissect the costs or explain how a match already budgeted for can possibly incur such a loss. Or, in the latter case, exactly what type of team was Peru sending in the first place and why should T&T again be forced to go so far over its budget to coax them into sending a decent team?

I think what Liburd is trying to show us is that JW keeps giving false statement to us in his efforts to increase prices for whatever reason he wants to. And again JW has us focused on everything but the issue. (Slight of hand....am words.) We keep saying JW thinks we don't know whats going on, but we have never disproved him. It's all small talk. JW keeps on stealing from us for our own good, and we always allowing him to. The members of the TTFF cannot stand up to him because they are under him looking at his shoe sole or at least he makes them believe that.

We complain as long as no one is listening, when the opportunity presents itself to do something we come up with all types of excuses as to why we should do, as opposed to not do. JW did not take us to Germany, there were a lot of factors assisting in the efforts to qualifying for Germany. Do we owe him our souls? I don't know....

What we should learn though is that no one is omniscient, not even the almighty JW.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2006, 01:11:18 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: AH SORRY...JDB make yuh look steupid....and yuh making yuhself look steupidder....awe lawse....i love dis board.......padna i tink yuh in a world by yuhself if yuh doh understand JDB point

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2006, 02:20:57 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: AH SORRY...JDB make yuh look steupid....and yuh making yuhself look steupidder....awe lawse....i love dis board.......padna i tink yuh in a world by yuhself if yuh doh understand JDB point
I see this is pointless but one last time...

That was not what I was saying but like men don't have understanding or they did not read my original connemts...

Leave it alone

I done

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2006, 04:14:19 PM »
Rasta,

I see what you were trying to say, but the "price of patriotism" was speaking to the rising price of game tickets. NOT the price of souvenirs & paraphernalia .....That was the gist of the article.

What you're saying is that the cost of a ticket is just one of the costs that someone may incur in supporting the team, and thus, the price of a ticket just adds insult to an already sustained injury.....that is fair enough, and depending on how you back it up, it could be a good point even though it differs slightly to what that article is saying.....

The example that you gave about having to buy an official jersey is however not a good one, because you don't need to spend $400 on an official jersey to be patriotic..nor do you need an official jersey to watch the game.....you do however need a ticket to get into the stadium....

you speak about feeling stupid if you wear less than the official kit at the games....and you erroneously draw a correlation between the price/style of your garments and the level of patriotism.............. that's not the price of patriotism, that's the price of foolish pride and materialism........

I see your point, but the example was bad. More relevant additional costs would probably be transportation costs & concessions etc...

cheers :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 04:34:57 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »

There is a Soca Warriors Adidas fan jersey that is TT$100
That official too.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
Rasta,

I see what you were trying to say, but the "price of patriotism" was speaking to the rising price of game tickets. NOT the price of souvenirs & paraphernalia .....That was the gist of the article.

What you're saying is that the cost of a ticket is just one of the costs that someone may incur in supporting the team, and thus, the price of a ticket just adds insult to an already sustained injury.....that is fair enough, and depending on how you back it up, it could be a good point even though it differs slightly to what that article is saying.....

The example that you gave about having to buy an official jersey is however not a good one, because you don't need to spend $400 on an official jersey to be patriotic..nor do you need an official jersey to watch the game.....you do however need a ticket to get into the stadium....

you speak about feeling stupid if you wear less than the official kit at the games....and you erroneously draw a correlation between the price/style of your garments and the level of patriotism.............. that's not the price of patriotism, that's the price of foolish pride and materialism........

I see your point, but the example was bad. More relevant additional costs would probably be transportation costs & concessions etc...

cheers :beermug:
That was my whole point...IT WAS ONLY AN EXAMPLE

And I did make mention of travel expences but I did not think that I had to spell i all out...Then some fool pick one point out of it all and the whole point of my post get changed...

Then other people who ent read my post read the reply and say I talking nonsence.......

Typical....

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2006, 07:01:12 PM »
i eh really like the price to go to de game, but it have no way i missin dem boys play, i was there from even befor when it was $50 for 2 ppl to go in, but dat eh stopin me from dis na     i iz a smart fellar, i know it wouda be high so i put aside money just for this.

i wish i de start to put aside money for germany  :(

but i workin towards south africa i go be dere for sure supportin de warriors  ;D ;D ;D :devil:

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2006, 07:15:45 PM »
fellas,
has anyone here ever heard of the Supper Bowl?
well the price of tickets for the Super Bowl is a LOT more than the price of regular season tickets.
Personally I am NOT able to even afford ONE ticket but many people are and they pay willingly.
Is this situation the same?

major difference is that the Super Bowl is the Championship game...this in nowhere close to a Championship game.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2006, 08:09:18 PM »

major difference is that the Super Bowl is the Championship game...this in nowhere close to a Championship game.

So which game is the championship game?
Is the last game on home soil before they start serious preparations for the Cup.
Add to that Latapy last home game...possibly Dwight.  Competition wise not championship level but right up there with demand which is the main factor.  Then again we eh know what sales looking like....for all we know they have extra tickets after the text thing.

And WestCoast...the jersey simple and look good.   :beermug:

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:17 PM »
What is all d fuss....

You ent want to pay 300 stay home.

It is certainly not about the money...because at 10 and 20$ Larry Gomes and Manny was empty.

You not paying to watch Peru...you paying to watch your TT players.

The Grenada games show again was who was die hard in TT.....in fact they shoulda give the people who went them game a "bligh" for Peru tickets.

Peru game is for the waggonist.....and yes Jam them with price and milk them for as much as you could.

It only have about 1000 die hard in that stadium and we will make the sacrifice put aside the money and go chupidee chupidee because we love our team and we never miss a game.

Read the posts....all d men who bawling is people not living in TT, people who doe go game regular, and people who hop on the wagon after Guatemala.

It is not about the money...it is about what the Warriors mean to you.

MADNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touches you soundinglike St Anns material.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>