April 23, 2024, 02:37:02 PM

Author Topic: All those against argentina !  (Read 7253 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All those against argentina !
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:29:40 PM »
..... still have time to repent   ::)

Ah putting it in black and white .... Argentina or walk !
yes ah get lick up by touches lucky side in the champions league but they win so I out ...
Messi or not we eh going out early this time. i think i have every argentina jersey since 1978 when i backed scotland and saw the error of my ways.
Now T&T in the mix I have to back T&T but Argentina for de long haul ..
the oinly team to win every world football competion gets my vote to lift the WC.... dats my vote !

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: All those against argentina !
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 06:38:41 PM »
Jai, i wit yuh here...i does back argentina rite thru...suffer real disappointment with them but i hoping that they go show up this time to the world cup and not play de ass...
Back in Trini...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 06:46:51 PM »
I don't know but Argentina is the team I dislike the most, even more than England...........doh buss meh head but that's just me.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 06:51:07 PM »
the oinly team to win every world football competion gets my vote to lift the WC.... dats my vote !

explain that one....

I enjoy watching Argentina play.......they are one of the more entertaining teams, always good movement off the ball, creative passing and speed in attack......but my heart is always wth Brazil, so it's always nice to see Argentina eventually get knocked out at some stage......
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 06:53:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »
I don't know but Argentina is the team I dislike the most, even more than England...........doh buss meh head but that's just me.

:applause:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 07:09:07 PM »
Once de messiah dey anyting possible

Offline Saintz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:14:34 PM »
Good talk man...!

This is my Awesome Foursome... Don't mess with My Teamz!

1. TnT
2. Argentina
3. Man Utd.
4. Portugal

Argentina'z got flair, skill, passion, commitment, drive and determination... essentially all tht the Warrior'z have plus a bag of chips!
It doesn't Get too Much better Thn ths...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 07:27:05 PM »

explain that one....

I think he means that Argentina has won every major title, from youth Cups all the way up..whereas Brazil, for example, has never won the Olympic gold...the only major title to elude them so far. Although, I doh think Argentina ever won the Confed Cup (but maybe that is not considered a major enough)

Argentina is always a great side to watch, but they always have a couple of nasty players who vibes just eh cool so I always like them to get a lil' cutarse at some point in a tourney...

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »
yeah man i went tru alot ah pain with de team but i`m still a die hard

de only way i goin against them is if trini playin dem

so all ah allyu better watch out for we  ;D ;D

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 07:41:51 PM »
boy that side owing me right now yes

with a side like this

1 BURGOS German (GK)
 2 AYALA Roberto
 3 SORIN Juan
 4 POCHETTINO Mauricio
 5 ALMEYDA Matias
 6 SAMUEL Walter
 7 LOPEZ Claudio
 8 ZANETTI Javier
 9 BATISTUTA Gabriel
 10 ORTEGA Ariel
 11 VERON Juan
 12 CAVALLERO Pablo (GK)
 13 PLACENTE Diego
 14 SIMEONE Diego
 15 HUSAIN Claudio
 16 AIMAR Pablo
 17 LOPEZ Gustavo
 18 GONZALEZ Kily
 19 CRESPO Hernan
 20 GALLARDO Marcelo
 21 CANIGGIA Claudio
 22 CHAMOT Jose
 23 BONANO Roberto (GK)

to get sent home in the first rounds is an atroscity

Més que un club.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 08:28:19 PM »

explain that one....

I enjoy watching Argentina play.......they are one of the more entertaining teams, always good movement off the ball, creative passing and speed in attack......but my heart is always wth Brazil, so it's always nice to see Argentina eventually get knocked out at some stage......

Yeah i knoiw what you mean. for some strange reason everyone will admit that both Argentina and Brazil play really attractive football win or lose. folks can even agree  that they have some of the best footballers in the world, but for some strange reason you will hardly find people who support them both  ::)
It seems to be an either or,  not both ...still trying to work this out !
boy if we fail to progress this time i will have to revisit my therapist !
Granted the injury boat seems full of Argentinians either recovering or still injured but they are a young bunch so there is hope.
Peckerman did shock the world with a truly outstanding team in the under 21 tournament some years back and he has kept faith with his former charges from Aimar and Riquelme in the old to Saviola and Colochini in the new. Three WC victories at youth level is no easy feat .
I must say I was expecting all kinda german and frech Henri hate postings so i was surprised that argentina actually have supporters on this site  :o

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 08:34:16 PM »
Add one (for, not against). Since Kempes/Passarella/Luque et al,  and beyond...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »
boy that side owing me right now yes

with a side like this

1 BURGOS German (GK)
 2 AYALA Roberto
 3 SORIN Juan
 4 POCHETTINO Mauricio
 5 ALMEYDA Matias
 6 SAMUEL Walter
 7 LOPEZ Claudio
 8 ZANETTI Javier
 9 BATISTUTA Gabriel
 10 ORTEGA Ariel
 11 VERON Juan
 12 CAVALLERO Pablo (GK)
 13 PLACENTE Diego
 14 SIMEONE Diego
 15 HUSAIN Claudio
 16 AIMAR Pablo
 17 LOPEZ Gustavo
 18 GONZALEZ Kily
 19 CRESPO Hernan
 20 GALLARDO Marcelo
 21 CANIGGIA Claudio
 22 CHAMOT Jose
 23 BONANO Roberto (GK)

to get sent home in the first rounds is an atroscity

this is the last WC squad you talking about here right?

Argentina have de players but they have yet to develop into a team to fulfill that potential...I am not sure that having a coach with no senior national team experience is wise...maybe is all dem fellas long hair but post-Maradona Argentina eh really impress me...I always support Brazil regardless.

Last time I actually see dem play was for the Confederation Cup...and they get taken to school by Brazil...but who tell them to start Figueroa and Sorin and Colochinni

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 08:43:54 PM »
Argentina have de players but they have yet to develop into a team to fulfill that potential...I am not sure that having a coach with no senior national team experience is wise...maybe is all dem fellas long hair but post-Maradona Argentina eh really impress me...I always support Brazil regardless.

Last time I actually see dem play was for the Confederation Cup...and they get taken to school by Brazil...but who tell them to start Figueroa and Sorin and Colochinni

well then you missed the qualifier in argentina before that Confed game....
Just like in the Confed Cup the game was oiver inside the first 30 mins !
but you support Brazil so you have proven my point that it is either or not both !

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49:29 PM »
I suppose so it go because I like Brazil....I doh like Argentina as a footballing country but it have players I am a fan of: Crespo, Saviola, Cambiasso.

Now Jai John I know you referring to the 3-1 victory over Brazil in de qualifiers...a lot of Argentina supporters turn to that...but in terms of those two teams that is one victory in quite a few games...I remember Ronaldo rest a hattrick on dem in de qualifiers too...then Copa America final they choke again...Confed Cup.

But your point is true, I have yet to meet someone who supports both Brazil and Argentina as teams.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 09:22:05 PM »
It's difficult to support both because they are huge rivals and their clashes are very passionate and usually have a lot of bad blood. Real drama...so it hard to like both equally, but not impossible.

Jai...you cyah big up Argentina for beating Brazil in Argentina...that is expected. Just like Brazil expects to beat Argentina in Brazil. However in their most recent games on neutral territory (Copa America, Confed Cup), Brazil has had the upper hand...I hadda admit though.. Brazil get real lucky in the Copa America. But that is football. Remember WC 1990. Brazil school Argentina all over the park and still lose to one minute of sweet football from Diego.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 03:31:42 AM »
If D'Allesandro can't make the team, then they must have an amazing squad. I've been watching that kid play since January and he is pure class. even if he does look about 14 ;D

by the way, there are rumours that Sorin has signed a pre contract agreement with Portsmouth :o

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 03:49:54 AM »
Argentina will be young.
Fortunately for this team, most of the team will comprise
of Euro ballers.
But, whose against them?

Well, they'll have to play very well to top Holland, Ivory Coast (
the only African team I feel who has a chance of progressing
out of the group stage), and S&M.

The U.S. think they have it tough. And to hear that Arena
believes his toughest game is against the Czech Republic, must
have the Italians chomping at the bit to get their shot.

As far as Argentina goes, they won't win this Cup, it will be a
Euro team.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 04:57:35 AM »
It's difficult to support both because they are huge rivals and their clashes are very passionate and usually have a lot of bad blood. Real drama...so it hard to like both equally, but not impossible.

Jai...you cyah big up Argentina for beating Brazil in Argentina...that is expected. Just like Brazil expects to beat Argentina in Brazil. However in their most recent games on neutral territory (Copa America, Confed Cup), Brazil has had the upper hand...I hadda admit though.. Brazil get real lucky in the Copa America. But that is football. Remember WC 1990. Brazil school Argentina all over the park and still lose to one minute of sweet football from Diego.

yes brazil beat argentina in the Copa and the Confed bt which argentina ? The wily pekerman is still chopping and changing looking for the rght combination. Some players omitted in those games will be in Germany...but that does not devalue Brazil´s victories..jast take them with a pinch !
pekerman´s argentina gave up goals in the last minutes in the Copa, against England and also against the Czech..he will have to fix that . they are also yet to play their strike force all at the same time.
their problem right now is who will play in defence ???
perers also has the same decision to make as Menotti did in 78...youth or experience. There is a youth in Argentina who by virtue of his difference to the normal orthodox player is knocking on the door. In fact all of home based argentina is calling for Arguero but he is only 17 ..... just like diego was ...
Does `pekers go for youth or someone else like Cruz ???. Crespo, tevez and saviola seem certs already .
the coming weeks should reveal much.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 07:04:13 AM »
AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!!

the only team that until recently (confed cup) had a better win to losses record against Brazil!!!
has won the Copa america more than Brazil!!!
the only team that has a squad that can truly match up with brazi man for man
my favourite team since 1994 world cup when i first saw dem play!!!
2002 was hard lucck... i figga dat coupled with that confed cup loss gonna make this side extra hungry!!! i hadda admit if brazil play like they did in dat confed cup final NOBODY COUD BEAT THEM buh if not...

AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!!

look at big players
Crespo
Riquellme
Aimar
Messi
Tevez
Saviola
Zanetti
Veron
D'Alessandro
Kily Gonzales
Cambiasso
Heinze (he coming back doh worry)

den it have fringe men like...
Milito (zaragoza)
Rosales (ajax)

and it have men like Ortega who say he still wah sweat
this is my side, alongside t&t - this is my side
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:07:24 AM by Arazi »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 07:17:18 AM »
One thing i could say for argentina this rounds that might give allyuh men some hope is that nobody really calling them as favourites for probably the first time since the 70's, so they might be little under the radar. Also, after the last World Cup, no way they going to fail disastrously two in a row.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »

ARGENTINES = BLANTANT, UGLY RACISTS

this has been discussed here before.

i will never support those f**kers.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 09:30:32 AM »
yes brazil beat argentina in the Copa and the Confed bt which argentina ? The wily pekerman is still chopping and changing looking for the rght combination. Some players omitted in those games will be in Germany...but that does not devalue Brazil´s victories..jast take them with a pinch !

Brazil and Argentina are dead equal in my book...but the Brazil team in the Copa America was a pure B team. Much weaker on paper than the Argentines who brought most (but not all) of their top players. Argentina's Confed Cup team was more experimental. Although Brazil was also not full strength, they took a stronger team on paper than the Argentines...so only one team either met or exceeded expectations  ;D

You are right though. The WC will be a different story. The past will mean nothing, but I get the feeling that Pekerman is building Argentina too much around Riquelme who fluctuates between genius and invisible. If Brazil can find the right balance between attack and defense they will be formidable...right now I fear they have one too many players in attack who cannot defend....we'll see

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 09:39:07 AM »

Brazil and Argentina are dead equal in my book...but the Brazil team in the Copa America was a pure B team. Much weaker on paper than the Argentines who brought most (but not all) of their top players. Argentina's Confed Cup team was more experimental. Although Brazil was also not full strength, they took a stronger team on paper than the Argentines...so only one team either met or exceeded expectations  ;D

You are right though. The WC will be a different story. The past will mean nothing, but I get the feeling that Pekerman is building Argentina too much around Riquelme who fluctuates between genius and invisible. If Brazil can find the right balance between attack and defense they will be formidable...right now I fear they have one too many players in attack who cannot defend....we'll see

boy if Riquelme playing sh!t then bring on the boss Pablo Aimar who I think scored this weekend. All yuh cyah remember confederations cup, Argentina were losing and as the man come on he change the whole game and score a header.

Més que un club.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 09:41:39 AM »
Argentina have relllllllll stars
Saviola
Tevez
Aimar
Riquelme
Lopez
Cambiasso
Crespo
Samuel
Heinze
Collocini
etc
etc

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 09:43:56 AM »

yes ah get lick up by touches lucky side in the champions league but they win so I out ...
Messi or not we eh going out early this time. i think i have every argentina jersey since 1978 when i backed scotland and saw the error of my ways.

>:( >:( >:( :o ::) :challenge: :cursing: :duel: :flamethrower: :loser: :puking: :shameonyou: :whip:

may the eternal HELL FIRES BUN ARGENTINA.....FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Ah never like dat team, will never like dat team. Ah backing any team dey playing, any day.

De whole ah Argentina can go to HELLLLLLL!!!!!!

F**K DEM!!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 09:44:28 AM »

boy if Riquelme playing sh!t then bring on the boss Pablo Aimar who I think scored this weekend. All yuh cyah remember confederations cup, Argentina were losing and as the man come on he change the whole game and score a header.

Aimar is has been favorite Argentine player for years now.....To me he is a football specimen- good balance, intelligent, simple, very technical, quick & hardworking. I was hoping that Real Madrid would make a bid for him at some point.....In my opinion, he outshone Veron last world cup.......

unfortunately he is prone to injury and I think sometimes overlooked in favor of players with a little more flair......

GO BRAZIL !! ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:48:09 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
I have been watching this post and wondering whether to respond.  Myself, along with Jai John and Cantona007 are probably the BIGGEST Argentina supporters in here.

here goes...

I cried last World Cup when Argentina got knocked out in the First Round.  Long tears in front of everybody in work (including some Argentinians who were also crying) because in my lifetime I have never experienced my team not progressing out of the First Round.  

I was not surprised though as I was telling my partners before the World Cup when the squad was announced that Bielsa went with too much experience as opposed to youth and left out key youths such as Riquelme and Saviola who in my honest opinion would have made the team much more dynamic.

I am very excited about this World Cup.  Argentina has as good a chance as any team to lift the Cup come July, and are chomping at the bit to make up for the dissappointment of 2002.  The team is as balanced as it ever was, and with a full strength Messi and Aimar, a sharp Crespo and a focussed Riquelme we have farrrrrr to go in Germany.

I am going to see Argentina play on June 10 in Hamburg against Drogba, Toure, Eboue, Dindane and the Ivory Coast crew.  Hopefully that will be our 1st win -- both Argentina AND Trinidad on that day!!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 10:13:47 AM »

Down wid Argentina.... Having said that I am an avid support of Messi, Tavis and even heng on foot Requelme but I dont like Argentina for nothing. Quite frankly I dont think they like me either.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 10:26:41 AM »

>:( >:( >:( :o ::) :challenge: :cursing: :duel: :flamethrower: :loser: :puking: :shameonyou: :whip:

may the eternal HELL FIRES BUN ARGENTINA.....FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Ah never like dat team, will never like dat team. Ah backing any team dey playing, any day.

De whole ah Argentina can go to HELLLLLLL!!!!!!

F**K DEM!!!!!

having said all of the above I do respect their talent...but that's it. >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>