April 27, 2024, 06:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Did you know that Scotland was the first country to create the foward pass.  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
A little history guys,  England might be the inventors of football , but Scotland is the country that invented the foward pass and created organized football.

Football was a combination of Rugby and football,and  a couple of people decided that kicking the ball would be better, that is how Fifa came about.

Did you know that  England played Scotland in one of the first football games, and as usual England was very cocky( they were the inventors as they say), but scotland surprised them with organized football and the foward pass.

Slade.....

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I thought Rugby came out of football?

did you also know, that Rugby players were known as "Rugger Buggers" and from this, football players became known as "Associationers" (From Association football), which was then abbreviated to "Soccers" hence the formation of the word used to describe football in America and Australia.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
that sound like shyt talk

so england was just passing back de ball when they was attacking

and yuh cyar invent ah pass yuh just do it

if i slap ah man with de back ah meh left hand that doh mean ah invent it, that mean ah do it

then again its 5 in the morning and i'm just typing so they wont ketch meh sleeping on de wock so dont pay this post any mind ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
I saw on TV6 " The History of Football" Some of the English wanted hacking players legs to be allowed. When they couldn't get there way the left the form the Rugby Union. It was said that the first international game , England v Scotland of course was a huge clash of styles. The English playing a running game and the Scots played a passing game. Scotland won the game (I think). The documentary went on to show how the English ego has always been somewhat inflated.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I saw on TV6 " The History of Football" Some of the English wanted hacking players legs to be allowed. When they couldn't get there way the left the form the Rugby Union. It was said that the first international game , England v Scotland of course was a huge clash of styles. The English playing a running game and the Scots played a passing game. Scotland won the game (I think). The documentary went on to show how the English ego has always been somewhat inflated.

and that ego was carried on until they "Graced" the world cup with their presence. England where under the impression they only had to turn up to win. Unfortunately they lost every game, including a humiliating defeat to the USA!

That was a long time ago though.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
What I like about the English though is that in retrospect they always tend to be objective rather than be consumed by dillusions of grandeur. The very same documentary was produced and presented by Englishmen.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 I knew that from football history....but just last night i read a history on tactics and ting.....the scots did start the basic passing game.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
That was a long time ago though.
i see it in the near future too :devil:

please god not the USA. TnT maybe, but not the USA.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NOTE:

the english popularised contemporary football. but they did not invent the game. it was played in various forms in ancient asia and pre-columbian america.

http://www.fifa.com/fifa/history_E.html

The very earliest form of the game for which there is scientific evidence was an exercise of precisely this skilful technique dating back to the 2nd and 3rd centuries B.C. in China. A military manual dating from the period of the Han Dynasty includes among the physical education exercises, the "Tsu'Chu". This consisted of kicking a leather ball filled with feathers and hair through an opening, measuring only 30 - 40 cm in width, into a small net fixed onto long bamboo canes - a feat which obviously demanded great skill and excellent technique. A variation of this exercise also existed, whereby the player was not permitted to aim at his target unimpeded, but had to use his feet, chest, back and shoulders whilst trying to withstand the attacks of his opponents. Use of the hands was not permitted. The ball artistry of today's top players is therefore not quite as new as some people may assume.

1]; } ?>